Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sherlock Holmes and the case of the omni-powerful love canal (Cylian and Phoenix only)

The giggle died slowly but the soft blush of her cheeks and the contented smile remained as she nestled in against him. Comfortable, softly vibrating within, her skin flushed warm. A small shudder as his lips brushed and pressed against the nape of her neck. The smile widened over her lips and she chuckled, her head tilting to peer at him with a side glance.

”Oh....well I like to think I have some pretty decent biscuits and gravy.”

Her lips pursed inwardly together as a muffled snickersnort escaped, before he nuzzled against the steady beat of her heart. Racing just briefly as the kisses swept over her skin. Her legs shifted, entangling with his own as she settled, arms curled up against his chest, her fingers stroking lightly along his jaw a moment before the sweep of his breath caressed her flesh and in and of itself lulled her to sleep as well.

A ringing drew her from slumber, slowly and incessantly. She was not sure how long she’d been asleep but she was fairly certain that her phone had not been in this room at any point during the night. She wasn’t sure where she’d left it before dinner and the bath and......

The incessant sound didn’t stop the smile curling her sleepy lips as she curled her fingers into Sherlock’s where his arm draped over her side and belly. At some point during the night she’d turned and nuzzled back against him.

Another sound screamed in the otherwise quiet around them and with a groan she let her eyes flutter open to the dim light of the room in search of the annoying sound.

”Miss Evie. Your phone, it’s been ringing for the last hour.”

Prime stood at the side of the bed, the phone stretched out toward her as it vibrated this time in his hand. She gasped in surprise, seeing the Android leaning toward her in the pale dark. She jerked back slightly into Sherlock’s solid frame and instinctively pulled the bed sheet up over her chest before it sunk in to her sleep riddled mind that it was in fact Prime and he was only offering her phone.

With another soft groan, she shifted and sat up. Gently dislodging Sherlocks arm from her waist. One hand clutching the sheet still to her and the other reaching for the phone.

”Thank you, Prime.”

She murmured quietly as she stared at the screen. Five missed calls from her brother and a video message, the last one that had vibrated through. With a sigh, she cleared the missed calls and clicked on the video message. An image of Evan popped up on the screen, he was in his office and glaring at the camera in mild irritation.

”Evelyn, where are you? Pick up your damned phone. We need to ta.....”

While he wasn’t shouting into the microphone, she could tell he was refraining from doing so. Ever the eloquent Evan was on the verge of losing his temper because his little sister had disappeared, presumably to collect herself. She should have been back by now though because there were things they needed to talk about and take care of regarding Elenor. He went on to say that if she didn’t at least call him back by days end, she would leave him with no choice but to track her down.

She angrily ended the video message and dropped her phone into the bundle of material beside her and turned to shake Sherlock awake.

There was something odd about Sherlock as both Evie and Prime had taken a moment to chat. His body felt cold and stiff, almost as if he were dead. It should have not been this way, normally Prime should have been there to wake up the detective but... he felt a bit of pity. Sherlock had lived a solitary life for so long, one where his closest friends were nothing more than a forgotten memory. Prime wished for him to open up enough to allow someone in.

It was never going to be that simple. It never was.

"I guess now is a good a time as any..." Prime knew he needed to say this delicately as another W.A.T.S.O.N walked by and looked at the group of them. This one seemed rather bored and uninterested in this entire situation as Prime looked over and shook his head, of all the ones to come out it had to be this one. "Now don't you fucking dare open your damn mouth."

"You are telling me she doesn't know? I mean, I think she should all things considered." The sweet smarm of this one seemed thicker than the paint on the walls. "By the way I am designated as 2. I am one of the more experimental androids here." Prime scoffed as he looked over towards 2 with an odd level of indignation. 2 however only looked jovial.

"Emphasis on the mental, this is something that-"

"He is dead!" 2 shouted rather suddenly as Prime just seemed locked in place and upon further inspection, Evie found nothing that made the man alive. The great Sherlock Holmes was dead.

Warm fingers pressed against the cold flesh of his shoulder with a gentle push. Truth be told, she paid no mind to the difference between them. Her brain was frantically trying to figure out what she could feasibly tell Evan to get him to back off.

”Sherlock.....wakey wakey.....we ha....”

Prime’s rather sharp words brought her head whipping around. Crimson curls fanning out in a fiery ring, her eyes blinking softly at the Android before she heard the second one and her head whipped in that direction next. Her hand drawing away from Sherlock, tugging the blanket a little bit closer to her bosom as she blinked at the newest Android.

”What? What don’t I know? What are you two goi.....”

She tried to interject between the two of them as they volleyed back and forth. That was until 2 shouted directly at her. A small Yelp escaped her, blinking rapidly she stared a moment at 2, trying to decide if the thing was as mental as Prime had mentioned and if he was joking.

Then her gaze flickered down to Sherlock, a finger reaching out to poke his arm lightly.

”Right......Sherlock.....hey.....Sherlo.....”

With each exasperated word that left her lips, she poked him again, each time a little harder, each word escaping a little more...frustrated. Until finally she pressed her entire hand against his shoulder and pushed. She felt the deathly chill seep into her palm and he didn’t budge, like at all. Like he was dead weight. There was no way he was playing, in on it trying to pull one over on her for whatever reasons. Number 2 was right.....he was dead.

She snatched her hand back, scrambling to get off the bed, tangling herself in the cover she had wrapped around her, pulling it loose from her hands as she stepped on it and tried to keep her balance.

She stumbled into Prime and yelped again at the contact, her hand flying to her lips as she turned, naked as the day she was born, eyes wide as she took a step back, half turning toward the bed again.

”I....he was fine when we....we....and and when we went to sleep. I....I....didn’t do this! I....didn’t. Did I?”

Both hands fluttered erratically to cover her mouth, the last words mumbling from behind her hands as she shook her head and cast a look at Prime again that silently screamed for him to do something as tears bubbled at the edge of her eyes.

Even the thoughts began to stutter inside her head. Had....had she? She hadn’t caused this...not intentionally but....had their little roll in the hay been the catalyst?

To say she was freaking out....was definitely an understatement. She’d been at the scene of her sisters death. She’d come to Sherlock for help and now.....and now, here.....she was terrified.

"I guess Mr. Holmes never told you a thing, hmm?" 2 seemed particularly gleeful about the entire thing, almost as if Evie's distress was some level of game for him. "Yes! Your love canal killed the man and now you are up shit creek without a pedal!" As two continued his boisterous noise, Prime only shrugged and moved along towards a wall. "Oh come on! Let me have some fun with this!" 2 complained as the wall opened to reveal a fridge and from it, came a red bag.

The bag had O- written on it, it was a blood bag. Why did Sherlock Holmes have a blood bag stash in his room? Prime whistled absentmindedly as the hum of a microwave was soon heard and the stiff corpse of Sherlock was nudged towards the hot cup of life. Within moments, the deathly pale skin of Holmes had begun to become vibrant and rich with color. Eventually the man soon sat up and stretched out as he came back alive without so much as a care in the world. "Morning Prime." Sherlock said without so much in a care in the world as he looked towards the two of them, oblivious to what exactly had happened. "Why are you both looking at me so oddly, it's just my morning rock."

"It isn't that Mr. Holmes, I think you scared our client to death. I mean, I could see that she is so pale that light is almost reflecting off of her skin. It is almost remarkable." Sherlock quickly took the mug as he drank the blood quickly as once the vital liquid was imbibed by the great detective. He took a moment as he turned over and saw the horrified face of Evie as it dawned on him what had happened. "You haven't informed your... I don't even know what to call her, about your very specific condition." Sherlock turned over as he felt torn rather suddenly. He took in a deep breath.

"Look, Evie, I understand this is pretty crazy but... there is something else. I am a what... 700 or so year old vampire and maybe some food and chatting over breakfast might be a good idea. I.. I have a lot to explain. Well... I may have explained most of it, but how I got here. Please." Sherlock looked over to her as he tried to reach out for the girl's hand.

She stood, mouth agape but covered by trembling hands. Eyes terribly widened as she stared at the stone cold body that still lay where she’d left him.

Her stomach churned. Her mind raced. Yet her ears still caught everything Number Two so gleefully said. Which only made her stomach churn more and her entire self to tremble right along with her hands as tears began to slide along her cheeks, warmly meeting the tips of her fingers as voice was put to her thoughts. It was like he’d been reading her mind.

Her gaze didn’t waver from Sherlock, and she wasn’t sure if hearing nothing from Prime was a good thing or not, it wasn’t until he moved into her peripheral view that her gaze finally darted away from the beds lone figure. And what a confused look she wore as she watched what transpired then. The tears still flowed freely as her brain worked vigilantly to process what she was watching. Relief wanted to settle in but amidst the confusion she felt, there was very little room to allow but a measure of it.

She went back to staring, incredulously, at Sherlock as he reached for her. Here all this time, she’d merely thought him a clone of the original. Dead. Undead rather. Vampire....had never crossed her mind and frankly, even if he had told her, she might have chuckled, thinking it was merely some form of humor. Still......

She swatted suddenly at his reaching hand, even as she started to bend to retrieve the silken robe she’d been wearing previously.

”Breakfast......”

She groaned as her stomach did somersaults at the mere thought of food at the moment. She feared she might not make it to the bathroom in time as her stomach lurched again. Her swatting hand retracting to cover her lips again as she mumbled behind her fingers.

”Mm, unuh....not...a good idea at present.”

Her arms fought and struggled to shrug into the robe and she turned glaring eyes at Number Two as she started to scurry for the door, for the bathroom.

”A better one.....he should be dismantled.....disssssmaaaantttled.”

She managed before another wave of nausea heaved its way through her.

"You totally bungled that one Holmes. Maybe you should have stated something before hand. I am sure sleeping with a corpse, no matter how animated, he may be. So what will you do now? No doubt many of your charms will mean nothing in this situation. How could it?" Prime had made a point as Sherlock had quickly changed and left the lot alone. It caused 2 to chuckle openly as a swift hand came over 2's head. "Why do you continue to do crap like this?" 2 shrugged as he moved to clean up the bed.

"Because my existence is to clean up the messes that Sherlock creates because he is trying to solve something that is unsolvable. It bothers me when he gets close to others and they run off. When was the last time he honestly enjoyed himself? I don't even remember." 2 moved away as he returned to his duty as Sherlock had gone to work on something. Prime had walked towards the bathroom as he left some clothing for Evie on the door nob.

"Come down when you are ready." He plainly stated as Sherlock had did the only thing that could have made this better, for now: rice pudding. The creamy, cozy, comforting food that could've brought a smile to any dour face. Sweet with kisses of cardamom and cinnamon with a blast of vanilla bean. Sherlock had hoped to at least have some of this make some sense. There was honestly much more to explain than he thought.

"How did I not see that one coming..." The detective commented to himself.

She settled onto the closed toilet lid. Taking a deep breath, tasting the lingering hint of bile on her tongue as she swept her fingers back through her hair.

Her gaze turning toward the door when she heard Prime, offering a nod and then remembering, he likely couldn’t hear her head rattling through the door.

”Thank you.”

She murmured before falling back into her quiet thoughts, trying to process.

She swallowed gently and made a face, reaching for the water cup resting on the sink. Chuckling as she drank the entire cup worth. It wasn’t so much the knowledge that he was....was.....

”A vampire? Old? An old vampire? Well....that’s no crazier than you having thought him a clone....maybe a clone of a clone....who knows what?”

She muttered to her reflection. Sniffling, she fumbled around for some toothpaste, using it on her finger, she scrubbed over her teeth and tongue as much as she could, taking a sip of water and swishing it through her mouth before spitting into the sink.

”At least he’s not......”

Another chuckle as she shook her head.

”...at least I didn’t kill him....right?”

She questioned herself. Taking another deep breath, her lips pursed together. The fear that she had and that she’d be linked to another death had twisted her into knots, not so much the thought that he was....a vampire. Really, how much different was it than him being a clone? He was still himself....just a little....

”Dead?”

The word snorted from her lips in a faint, incredulous laugh before she fell silent. Chewing on her lower lip lightly she stood and sniffled lightly.

She needed to go downstairs, no matter what happened from here. She couldn’t stay locked in Sherlock’s bathroom and hope all of this just....went away. Truth of the matter was, she’d felt more comfortable in his presence than most people she came across on a daily basis. She liked him enough not to have slept with him and run off or pushed him away immediately.

Changing into the clothes Prime had left for her, from the bag she’d brought with her, she quietly approached the kitchen, where she’d heard some clattering around and leaned quietly against the door for a few long minutes before she cleared her throat.

”Uh....hey....”

She said quietly, tucking some of her hair behind her ear with fingers that just poked from the sleeve of her cardigan.

”Sorry about that....”

Sge wasn’t sure what else to say at the moment. It was awkward but a sincere apology for the way she’d acted and not giving him a chance to even try to explain at first.

"There is no need to apologize, honestly I am quite surprised by your mental fortitude. I thought you might have run away or something worse." Sherlock offered her a smile as he had pulled out the cooled rice pudding and set it down in front of her. The relative sweetness was comforting and it almost seemed to be able to revitalize. There was an unctuous creaminess that shined thanks to the help of the vanilla. "When you live as long as I have, you get pretty bored." Sherlock admitted as he took a seat. "At least now I don't have to force myself to eat. Food doesn't really digest in my stomach since... well, I am a vampire."

If there was one thing he could have had, it was blood but, only one wild revelation at a time for today. "But I guess I should go into details as to what happened that led me up here and despite what Watson Prime might say, it was not because of my want for red heads although, that is a part of it. Despite the tails, there was one person I could never really figure out despite my best efforts. And trust me, I have tried... but during that time I was with someone who I intended to marry. Watson and her had been together, friendly of course, but... Moriarty had plotted their murders and succeeded. It is my greatest failure."

Sherlock's finger ran along the lip of a near by cup as his eyes grew distant as he remembered that day fondly, even if the woman was no longer part of him. "But... I never seemed to be able to get near him. The whole vampire thing happened as then I needed infinite time in order to figure out the crime-"

"And now here we are, in this day and age and you are still no where near figuring it out." Prime had walked in and took a seat as Sherlock looked rather indignant.

"You didn't have to put that on blast Prime."

Or worse, hmm? She settled into the offered chair and peered across the space at him, her expression a bit stoic as she blinked before a soft snort escaped her.

”Like completely cracking, thinking I was going to be connected to another dead body?”

She peered down at the rice pudding he slid in front of her, fingers curling around the spoon sticking from the gelatinous-like treat. She was a tad surprised that neither the sight nor the smell of it turned her stomach as she’d thought it might only moments ago.

”Momentarily was good for my ego though, thinking my business was good enough to kill a man.”

She quipped softly, her lips contorting in a cheeky expression before she took a bite of the rice pudding. She took a second bite and finished it before she spoke again, finding the food settling ok into her still mildly fluttering stomach.

”You...could have told me, warned me, sooner. I mean, I was already thinking you were a clone at least and while, yeah, it’s a little hard to wrap my head around, I might have thought you were joking at first and all but....I might have taken it better than you’d think.”

Her gaze shifted from her bowl to find him once again across the table. Her spoon absently stabbing softly against the pudding as she contemplated a moment before continuing.

”But then you wouldn’t have had to pretend this long and I wouldn’t have freaked out that my vagina had murdered you. Yeah, I might have not believed it but then at least when I woke up this morning I would have been like...’Oh shit, he was serious.’ And then we would have been in a whole different place.”

She realized she was kind of flustering as she still worked over processing as well as her feelings on the situation. She went silent then and listened as he spoke, explaining why he’d gone the route he had in his life....or was it...unlife? she idly wondered. While she listened, she continued to eat, slowly. A pinkish hue creeping back into her skin, her stomach settling as had the rabbit like flutter of her heart.

She glanced in Prime’s direction before returning her attention back to Sherlock. Drawing in a breath, she set her spoon down. Her hand resting along the curving edge of the bowl, a finger tapping softly against it.

”I’m glad I didn’t kill you though. Gives you more time to figure that out hopefully and solve whatever happened to my sister too. Still kind of wanna strangle you though but....would it do any good? Or is it like in the books and movies? I...know you don’t sleep in a coffin but what about the rest of it, the myths? And please, please tell me that you don’t sparkle?”

Her words were sincere, her questions genuinely curious now.

"Well, the books are kind of true and false. Vampiric history is kind of a mixed bag and no, I do not sparkle, but the sun can be heavily damaging if not fatal. Luckily the world is now normally covered in so many clouds it makes my daily trips all the easier. You can strangle me, if anything I might like it, but it won't do anything. Many of my functions do not really work. Breathing is one of those. But I do have to say that dying by your vagina would have certainly been worth the death. I mean, would do again if I had anything to say about it." Sherlock tried to charm his way to a smile, even if the entire idea of everything might have been pointless.

"And it is hard to explain, how else am I supposed to say I am a vampire and please don't eat garlic? It is a little far fetched isn't it? The coffin is an old gothic motif, as long as the room is dark and cozy I will sleep like the dead. But I didn't wish for you to escape away if you found out what I was too early. And now look." Sherlock chuckled as he moved over to another fridge and got himself a snack, which was expected from a vampire to be blood.

And it was.

Sherlock headed the liquid in a micro wave and began to drink it rather normally as he looked over to her. "Don't mind me, I will continue to cook for you though so don't worry and yes, vampire bites are a thing but unless you wish to find out, you won't have too. But I do have at least some idea of where to start now that this secret is exposed. This helps move everything along so that I can explain just how dark this world really is... are you ready for that?" The detective's tone had actually turned serious towards the end. There was a lot to explain as he took another drink.

The spoon had settled against the edge of the bowl, her chin propped against her hand as she leaned on her elbow. It wasn’t that she didn’t enjoy the rice pudding, she did. He had her attention though as she listened to the answers to her questions and the snack was momentarily forgotten.

”Daily trips....you mean....you actually venture out now and again?”

She quipped with a chuckle, remembering when she’d first arrived. W.A.T.S.O.N had mentioned his lack of grocery shopping and even more so, his lack of taking cases. At the time, she’d paid it no mind and just considered it witty banter perhaps between the two but....in light of new revelations and all.....

His quip about the fact that he might like being strangled raised a brow, curious and amused however, rather than judging. The remainder of his statement caused a faint blush to creep along her cheeks and a wide flattered smile to form even as her head tilted, lips and nose momentarily burying into the palm of her hand. He had indeed charmed his way to a smile, along with a faint skip of her heartbeat.

Once the warmth had settled in her cheeks and the smile had softened, she turned her attention to him directly again, bright and wide eyes blinking a second before she spoke.

”From what I’ve seen and read, people thought cloning was far-fetched at one time too but here we are. And....every myth and legend has some level of truth to it. Like Grimm’s Fairytales and apparently.....”

Her hand lifted away from her face as he rose, fingers wiggling in his direction, indicating him precisely. She absently took another bite of the rice pudding, chuckling as she nodded.

”Now look....”

She mumbled lightly around her mouthful before swallowing. Her tongue dragging across her lips as she chuckled and peered across the room at him.

”Indeed. I won’t have to wake up and nearly have heart failure every morning.”

She went quiet and watched him, quietly as he drank his breakfast. Contemplating his words. She’d be lying if she said she wasn’t curious about a lot of things currently.

”Well, I mean....I’ve already kind of ventured toward the...uh, dark side you could say. Necrophelia is pretty dark, Sherlock.”

She retorted lightly. And she’d already alluded to the fact that she would be waking up beside him....as she’d said every morning.

"Every morning you say?" Sherlock's eyebrow made quite the sharp turn upward as he had expected the whole arrangement to fall apart, but it seemed that there was more to the young woman than he had anticipated. "Well I can certainly say that if I can get another sample of you, another kiss from the afterlife is a small price to pay. And it really isn't necrophilia if I, as an undead, still have my mind. Not to mention I can make my heart beat with a lot of effort. Which luckily means that I no longer need to force my heart to beat and force myself to eat. As much as I enjoy the taste of my own food my digestive system only works for blood. Extremely unpleasant. But that is neither here nor there."

The detective stepped away as he filled up a pair of bowls. Captain Snuggle's bowl was a rather cute affair while Sir Paws-A-lot had a bowl that had been chewed up a bit. No doubt the cat had enjoyed to play around. "And that is not what I mean about dark my dear. See, the real question you need to ask yourself is if vampires exist, what else exists? The building had too much security to be caught so off guard. We will have to make a trip down to China town later. But... until the sun goes down I am rather trapped here." The man took a seat as the cats ate from their bowls casually, the call for food had caused them to ignore the world around them.

"I do hope you enjoy the rice pudding, a creamy treat hmm?" The inflection from Sherlock made it obvious that he intended for this to be some sort of elicit pun. "But I do need to feed my kittens and there are times where the cops, even with their arbiters, can't do a damn thing. What a waste of space. I could do better with one eye and being totally discombobulated." As the man took a deep drink of his blood, with that drink, his skin looked much more radiant than before almost as if he was alive.

The corner of her bottom lip tucked between her teeth, a brow raised lightly as a half smile formed at the other corner of her mouth. She had indeed said every morning. A cheeky expression as she offered a casual but confirming shrug of a shoulder. It had felt a little foreign as it had left her lips...but she didn’t retract the statement either.

She glanced down at her bowl, watching as her fingers twirled the spoon a bit in the pudding. That faint half smile still present as she quietly murmured.

”Oh, trust me, that was more than a sample.......”

A sampling would have meant her bouncing after their amorous adventure, rather than curling up against him and falling asleep and staying. Then another thought crashed through her head and she blinked, lifting her gaze to him curiously.

”Unless you mean.....did you.....”

She gnashed her teeth lightly, visually indicating her question as to whether he’d bitten her or not. Curiosity heavily laden in her gaze. The rest of his statement didn’t go unheard but it took her a moment or two to process it, what with all the other stuff racing through her mind at the moment and when she finally did think on it a second, her brow furrowed and her lips fell open to say something but she paused, briefly. A chuckle escaping before she spoke.

”Lucky for you, it may still take me a minute or two to get used to it though, fair warning. But no more complete meltdowns like this morning, I promise. And….undead is still…..I mean….you shouldn’t have to make your heart beat….I…..”

Another chuckle escaped as she faltered on her words, finally just waving a hand to dispel the necrophilia part of the discussion from her own thoughts. She supposed he wasn’t entirely wrong. Really when she thought about it, it wouldn’t be an entirely different situation had he been a clone. He wouldn’t be comprised of all the original parts. This….just a little different, he had all of his original parts, he could just….sort of turn them off and on, she supposed.

She closed her eyes a second, her nose scrunching softly as she thought about it.

”I don’t even want to think about the digestive issues. My brain hurts enough from trying to make myself make sense.”

She admitted with a faintly amused smirk as she watched Sherlock filling the bowls, her gaze shifting to the small balls of fur racing toward the sounds and smell of breakfast being served.

When the discussion turned more serious, the amusement at herself slipped away and she turned her gaze from the felines back to him as he settled in the chair across from her. The question he posed had in fact been nestled in the depths of her thoughts but she was trying to work through one thing at a time at present but she knew it would come to surface eventually. Indeed, if vampires existed…..what else did? She knew there were dark and nasty people in the world. People. But if vampires could and did pass for living breathing people…..indeed…..were some of those dark and nasty people more than just…..people?

”Well….then I suppose we have plenty of time between now and then for you to fill me in on these….other things.”

She replied quietly. Not entirely sure herself if she was ready for that information but also knowing it was necessary to hear it and learn, given the circumstances.

She was taking another bite of the rice pudding when he spoke again. He’d hear a muffled snort as she tried not to laugh with a mouthful, as well as trying not to snort and expel it from her nose

Around a mildly choking cough after she swallowed the bite she’d taken, she did chuckle as she spoke.

”Well now….that just leads to an entire set of other questions, which I will probably ask later.”

Setting her spoon down in the now nearly empty bowl, she cleared her throat before continuing.

”Or won’t do a damned thing, I know that all too well.”

She muttered where the arbiters were concerned. She stood and started toward the sink, her bowl in hand. A blush, much like his own crept gently against her turned cheeks, a blush that he could likely spy peeking out just beneath the curtain of crimson locks that covered her neck as well.

”And did you just refer to me as one of your…..kittens?”

She asked quietly and curiously. A brow lifting as she rinsed and washed her dishes.

The detective pet his pair of kittens, even the spicy Sir Paws-A-Lot, as he eventually returned back to Evie. There was certainly quite a bit of information and these little bits of time were interesting. He had forgotten just how much he enjoyed time spent with someone else was a present he had been unable to get for himself. Prime had remained rather quiet as the man took a seat in front of Evie as he took in a deep breath. There was a lot to explain and at least Evie seemed ready to listen in regards to all of this. "When it comes to vampires and other things in the night, many of them actually exist. Vampires, werewolves, witches and so on are real. They have just learned to hide within plain sight so that nothing could ever be found of them. It is a defense mechanism of many of the creatures of the night."

The much smaller kitten, after a finished meal, walked towards Evie and meowed at her quite cutely, almost as if it begged for attention from the woman. "But based on what I have seen, that building's security was far too good. There was no way any normal person could have gone in, it had to be the work of another group. So going down to China Town to meet an old friend to help get to the bottom of this. The Arbitors will be unable to do anything in this situation. This is far beyond their scope currently." Sherlock finished his drink as he turned to her with a slight chuckle.

"A bite is something very intimate and highly addicting. It is not something I would do without your permission Evie so do not worry. As much as I might have wished to bite you, I have not. Now, if you change your mind and want me too, that is something totally different. It will be us essentially entering into a bit of a bond that goes deep. But there may be a time where I will have you drink my blood, it is quite powerful and if you get injured it can heal you back to normal." The last question that Evie asked eventually made the man chuckle for a moment as he set down his cup and walked towards her.

It was a slow walk, one that gave off his power and his unbridled attraction to Evie as he whispered towards her ear. "What if you are one of my kittens?" He inched towards Evie as he nipped onto her ear as his hot breath tickled across her exposed skin.

”So….you think it’s…..someone of the….uh…”

She started quietly, pausing to formulate the correct wording or what she thought should be.

”…..supernatural persuasion that’s after me? But….why?”

The question was asked with genuine curiosity and concern. She was just a human girl, part of a well known family….sure but….still, she questioned why would they be after her.

She cast a glance down along her leg to see the smallest ball of fur peering up at her with large, imploring eyes. It’s mouth opening with first a lick of its lips to gather the last of its breakfast and then a soft, enquiring trill for attention and how could Evie say no to either, the look or the trill.

”Tsk!”

The sound escaped her lips as her head bobbed softly to the side and she shifted her foot to allow a steep ramp of sorts of her leg to the sweet kitten.

”Come on…..into the pocket.”

She cooed gently, a wet and soapy hand gingerly pulling the hoodies pocket open in invitation before she felt the tiniest and sharpest of little knives poke through her pants and grip against them and the skin beneath as the kitten climbed up the offered leg and made its way snuggly into the proffered pocket.

As the kitten purred and snuggled warmly down into the pocket, she went back to cleaning her dish. A brow lifting as she glanced briefly over her shoulder at him.

”More intimate than last night, hmm?”

The thought in and of itself caused her to shift ever so slightly on her feet in consideration. By the sounds of it, by his explanation….the answer to that question would be a resounding yes and if it was considerably more intimate…..well she felt a faint blush of warmth rush through her.

Her attention turned back to the bowl beneath the flow of water before he even rose from his chair but when he did, it was as if she could feel both his power and gaze boring into her from behind. It caused a faint shudder to caress along her spine and she drew in a deep breath as she rinsed the bowl.

Turning off the water, she gently shook water from it before her hand swept toward the dish strainer on the counter beside the sink. The clatter of the bowl into the strainer wasn’t so gentle as his words breathed against her ear. Another shudder raced along her spine, this time enough to noticeably upset the kitten in her pocket, if only briefly before it settled again with a mildly disgruntled sound.

Her head and gaze tilted toward Sherlock, her gaze dancing over his close features. She drew in a slow, steadying breath. Eyes blinking as her lips curled at the corners.

”What if indeed? Careful…I might end up as feisty as Sir Paws-A-Lot there.”

She retorted, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Careful my dear, you might tempt me to just break my little promise. And a little bit of fiesty is what makes this a little fun, no? Evie would not be Evie if she didn't bite on occasion." Sherlock whispered back as he moved down to kiss her neck, a gentle prick of one of his fangs teased the tender skin across her neck. In that small moment it was almost as if Sherlock had kissed every inch of her skin in a second. "So make sure to get yourself ready so we can go down to China Town tonight." Sherlock moved away and all of a sudden chose to return as he returned a gaze. "And whatever you do, please do not poke anything in China Town. The last thing I need is my friend more upset with me."

Holmes left in a wisp of energy as W.A.T.S.O.N prime soon returned to clean up. "I hope you are finding things comfortable here even if Mr.Holmes is a tornado wrapped around a whirlwind with the manic energy of a thunder storm. But I do have to say you have taken here quite well." Prime took a moment to sit down as Captain Snuggles had merely purred into her body, the gentle warmth of the kitten radiated from her pocket. Oddly enough Sir-Paws-a-lot now wanted some attention too as he claws reached out and pricked her skin almost as if to demand attention.

"That hasn't happened before... that little demon likes someone. Lucky you Evie."

When she felt the soft prick of tender skin, her fingers curled around the edge of the sink and she felt her knees wanting to buckle. Her eyes fluttered softly and she drew in an unsteady breath.

While the action left her momentarily breathless and speechless, she heard his words none-the-less, even if it seemed they were being spoken at a small distance as she tried to keep her wits about her.

As he slipped from the kitchen, she turned, albeit a bit shakily. Her cheeks a soft rosy color as she drew in a steadying breath. Her eyes shifting from the now empty space that Sherlock had seconds ago occupied to W.A.T.S.O.N as he entered.

”Good thing I like storms, eh?”

She murmured as she rubbed the little lump in her pocket through the material of the hoodies pocket, absently. When she felt the soft prick of a claw against her ankle, she peered down, a smile curling broadly across her lips. She carefully held Snuggles in her pocket as she bent slowly, letting her free hand drift toward Sir Paws-a-Lot, finger brushing over his small head and back before shifting gently toward his side. The motion slower than usual, silently letting the kitten settle against the touch and silently asking if she could pick him up. When he leaned into the pets, she gently scooped him up and brought him to rest against her chest as she returned her fingers to their gentle scritch between his ears.

”The cat or Sherlock?”

She asked at the mention of “the little demon”, a chuckle escaping her. She glanced down at the cat, gaging the felines reaction to her pets. Leaning back against the counter, she peered across at Prime, her lips pinching inward a moment before she spoke again.

”What did he mean….not to go poking anything in China Town?”

She asked curiously.

A puzzled look covered W.A.T.S.O.N's face as the question was certain posed an issue. Which exactly had he meant? He had luckily been part of the entire W.A.T.S.O.N hive mind and in such situations he was able to refer top the group as a whole, this happened to be one of those moments. The entire group of W.A.T.S.O.Ns had all come together to form an answer for the lovely red headed guest.

"Yes." That was all the machine was able to muster, or rather machines. It was a question with far too many possibilities if one considered just what Evie meant. The cats in the meanwhile seemed entirely content with their new situation. Evie's warmth might've been what the cats were after with what she knew of the detective now. He was undead, the sensation of warmth that came from his fingers was a fabrication of his abilities. Maybe real warmth was something both of the cats wanted?

"When it comes to China Town I have another question for you with what you have just learned. If Mr. Holmes is a vampire and he is as you have seen, what kind of other things exist in this world? There could be a plethora of beasts and if that were true, then what did they want with your sister and there for you? China Town is the easiest place to hide such things in plain sight, so be careful. Stick with Holmes and I and make sure you do not let your eyes wander..." The warning came in rather sternly from W.A.T.S.O.N, which made this trip feel all the more dangerous.

Her lips pursed outward and then tucked inward as she listened and considered W.A.T.S.O.N.’s words. Being so new to her, the fact that it was really real, she hadn’t even considered that it could be as the AI said.

She hadn’t forgotten what had happened at her apartment. She had however put it at the back of her mind, not because she wasn’t worried but…..more of a protective mode, she supposed. If she didn’t think about it, it wasn’t real……right? Monsters weren’t after her. Monsters hadn’t killed her sister. Monsters being human or otherwise.

She turned her attention, strained, for a moment to W.A.T.S.O.N and then let it drop again to the kittens. One head butting her chin for attention, the other sticking it’s little head from her pocket and patting at the string of her hoody.

She let a hand pass over each fluffy little creature and snuggled both lightly before she nodded in the AI’s direction before she gently pushed away from the counter and wandered off.

”Thank you, W.A.T.S.O.N.”

She said softly over her shoulder before she slipped through the door and down the hall toward the living room. Which is where she’d be when Sherlock, W.A.T.S.O.N. or both found her.

Her nose stuck firmly in a book, she quietly read. Each of the kittens had migrated and found themselves, one on each of her shoulders. The smaller of the two had its little face and nose buried against the tender curve of Evie’s neck, sleeping and purring quite comfortably and happily. Sir-Paws-A-Lot however, looking like the grumpy little sentry he was faced the room, though he purred quite contentedly as he kept vigil over his newly acquired warm, red headed bed. The pair looked quite like furry little shoulder pads.

She finished the line she was reading before she spoke to the shadow that she’d seen enter the room, no looking up but rather searching the book mark she had floating around somewhere.

”Perhaps….perhaps I should stay here rather than going to China Town. I don’t want anything to happen to anyone that shouldn’t and plus…..I think I’ve had enough of being shot at and or killed for a while.”

Truth be told, there was in fact a hint of fear in her voice, despite any attempt to mask it and appear stronger than she felt. Not that she didn’t feel safe with either Holmes or Prime around but….she also didn’t want the possibility of something happening to either of them either.

The library that was held within the home of Sherlock could've been something that could've been considered legendary. Many classic pieces still lovingly held together by their original binds paired with readers that carried the newest tales. Mr. Holmes had an eccentric collection of tales, that became especially true when one considered just how deeply the rabbit hole of knowledge went. From ancient towers to wars long forgotten, one could spend three life times inside of the library hidden within the smells of books and cognac and never really escape the hold of esoteric knowledge.

The detective had soon come along and found Evie comfortably hidden away in his study as he saw the ever protective Sir-Paws-a-lot growl at him. Captain Snuggles, as his name suggested, did what he did best and that was to tenderly headbutt the warm red head. A warm body was certainly a novelty for the kittens as Holmes was a vampire and all of the W.A.T.S.O.Ns were some sort of mechanical machine. Holmes inched closer as he took her hand and lifted her up.

"Afraid I cannot leave you here for two reasons, first I need someone to examine you carefully in order to help lead us toward solving this case and secondly China town is amazing place to visit. It is almost just like how I remembered it back nearly three hundred years ago. I will make sure that we will be in the safest place possible. Also the food is quite amazing so go get dressed into something comfortable so we can go on our little journey." The detective planted a kiss across Evie's lips as it didn't seem that no was an answer as he waited for her outside.

Sir-Paws-A-Lot remained clasped onto Evie's shoulders the whole time.

Back
Top Bottom