Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Visual Novel World: Taboo Teachings

D4E2D4D1-257D-411E-83E3-525470EBFA8D.png “Oh no, I am happy to make the time!” Hikaru responded to Jeremiah’s question about being lucky to have her make time to give him a tour. “Though I will be happy if you enjoy it and find it helpful. It can be easy to get lost if you aren’t familiar with the school.”

Then when he turned and the uproar between the idols started Hikaru turned back as well. She would intervene if she needed to but while the feud between Akiko and Igara was long running it rarely came to conflict. Sure enough after a moment of tense staring Akiko had sat back down and the tension eased away.

“That’s Akiko Amagi,” Hikaru gestured to Akiko, “and that’s Igara. They are both performers and pretty famous, especially around here.” The twin tailed girl continued. “They’ve had this feud for a while but Akiko normally avoids confrontation so it hasn’t boiled over yet.”

Then she changed the subject... “So what brought you and your family here to our town?” She smiled brightly and seemed genuinely curious.
5lCMVsw.png
Akiko was mad and the temptation to bristle further, to engage Igara directly was strong. Especially when she caught a bit of Igara saying something about how could she know about the sabotage and then called her out directly. However, Akiko knew Kei was right there and she heard her soulmate asking if she was okay. She needed to pull it together, after all the paper airplane had done no damage and she wanted to beat Igara the right way, not like this.

Still, her hands clenched tightly and she took a deep breath before closing her eyes and letting it out. The process repeated twice before she shook her head and then sat back down. She still clearly was on edge but was back to normal. “I’m... okay” she replied to Kei, “it’s just it was this huge embarrassment before what happened at the showdown and you told me how her groupies had sabotaged the performance, and then I thought she was attacking my friends.” Akiko frowned.

“But it is important to be the bigger person, even when it is hard and you really want to get even.” She nodded and managed a faint smile. “After all, revenge and violence poison two souls right?” She quoted herself and winked at Kei.

Carmen sighed and put her phone away. But, that Akiko was a powder keg waiting to blow. She shook her head, simply not comprehending why someone would choose to bury their anger and let resentment fester instead of experiencing a cathartic release by pummelling or being pummeled within an inch of their life... and going out for a beer with the person afterwards, clear headed and emotionally unburdened.

Ah well, to each there own~

After she threw the paper, Hanako turned to her friend "Kuri-chan, you would not believe the morning I had. It started off with mom wanting me to try out the new motor oil on a bagel, and I saw that the ladder Fuleiko had was not within JISHA standards. I tried to paint it and there was some shit with demons. We fought them. One of them bit its own tail off" at this point, Hanako made to wave the tail around. She noticed she didn't have it. If there were a camera, the direction she turned would have been to face it "Hey asshole, didn't you write it on your character sheet?" she called out to the air. Hanako turned back to Kuriyo "I picked it up, but I don't have it any more, it was really cool, you should have seen it." Hanako cleared her throat "Well anyway, I got my spray can, and came straight here. I ran into that blonde guy and sharked him. I tried to write him a letter, but it looks like I'm about to accidentally start a fight."

Zakira-p2.jpg

Zakira's head naturally turns towards the commotion, and she watches the idols growl at each other. "I often wonder why people just cannot seem to get along with other people. So, hypothetically speaking, this lesson you mention is nothing particularly cruel, hmm?"

Jeremiah-p1.png

Jeremiah nods, "Yes, I've heard of Japanese pop stars and how they have quite ... large personalities."

The two singers behind him carry on for a bit as he responds, "Mom got a job with Sokoru. Something involving singularities - those are like small black holes - and fusion, but I can't really follow 95% of what she talks about."

Igara-p2.jpg

"Lol." Igara is amused. "That's right, run away again, like ya did on stage. Sure dat gonna work out for ya. Bout as well as last time."

Still, remaining standing and hurling more talk would be fairly uncool. Like she was obsessed with Akiko or something. Of course she wasn't. The poor thing just wasn't on her level and was born a couple decades late to boot. So she sits back down and goes back to jacking around with her phone in order to pretend to not be watching that harlot with Yoshiro.

Kuriyo-p1.png

Kuri chuckles at Hanako's listing of issues, "I was at the assembly. It was very brave of you the way you ... well, I'm not clear exactly what you did with that little beastie. But whatever you did, it was obviously pretty brave! And I'm sure any fight will be reasonably mild. You didn't glue their shoes to the floor again, did you?" She lifts a hand over her lips and giggles a little at the thought.

Kei-p1.jpg

Kei reaches an arm out and wraps it around Akiko's shoulder, "I know it's hard, but who cares what she thinks anyhow? Isn't it more important what kind of a person *you* are, then who she is?"

Nodding her head pleasantly, she lets Akiko lean over in her chair to be a little closer. "Though who she is, is a cast-iron bitch from the nether pits of Hell. Which explains her musical stylings, meant to torture the damned for all eternity."

Veika-p2.jpg

A little door appears in one of the minor boards at the front of the room (oh, that's kinda cool tech - it must have been there all along and just blended in seamlessly) and in comes a smallish woman in heels. Well, smallish in height, anyhow. Because in another regard, if you looked the word "small" up in the dictionary and went to the section on antonyms, there'd be a picture of Blessed Veika Linito's well-filled white blouse, which strains to hold her head-sized assets in. Some in the class might have seen bigger before, but probably not on such a small figure, standing only as tall as Hanako after you account for her heels, with a narrow waist. How does she even keep her balance?

Nonetheless, she somehow does, striding over to the desk and setting her books and bag down on it, then turning to the lectern, "Good morning, class! My name is Veika Linito, on loan from the local shrine to teach classes dealing with more spiritual and aetheral matters. As I am a formal member of the order of shrine maidens, the typical honorific to use is 'Blessed', though I'm happy to be Ms Veika to you."

She gives a glance around as if looking for something, "... at least so long as no Elders of the Shrine are listening in!"

Giving a little grin, she continues, "Magic. Some of you probably don't believe in it." She draws a line across her palm with one hand and flicks her fingers out, causing a sword as long as she is tall (5'4" if anyone is asking) to flicker and appear in the middle of the room. With a dance of her fingers, it slices at her desk ... passes harmlessly through it and then flickers and vanishes. There is a moment's pause as Veika stares at the area where the sword was before spinning back to face the class, "So as you can see, glamour and illusion are very, very real. And as you come to accept that, there are other things we can show you. More ... solid things. Ways to shape the world, to alter reality. Indeed, to shift the very laws of physics."

"Does this sound interesting to any of you?"

A happy hikaru.png Hikaru nodded. "They do, though Akiko is normally pretty nice. She volunteers to perform at school events for free and almost never says a bad thing about people." She raised a hand and tapped the side of her face as if in thought. "I don't think I've ever actually had her be reported for a violation before." Hikaru continued after a moment. "Igara though has been up on report a lot, and she tends to be quite indecent!"

As the subject of conversation moved on to what had brought Jeremiah's family to the town Hikaru seemed to be quite interested, she leaned forward in her chair, her twintails falling down over her shoulders to hang down in front of her as she listened. It was altogether quite a cute picture even if she didn't really notice it herself. "Ooh, I know about those! Kojima Industries is partnered with Sokuro for some projects involving them." If Jeremiah had payed attention to her last name earlier he might notice it was the same.

Hikaru looked like she was going to say more, but that was the point that the Blessed Veika entered the room through the door. Rather than continuing the conversation further Hikaru quickly said her last thing before the class could begin. "I'm looking forward to giving you your tour. I hope you will enjoy it too." And she smiled again.

Then she turned her attention to the Blessed Veika and the class itself. Her eyes would largely remain glued to the teacher and her attention would be nearly unwavering, especially as the woman summoned forth a magical illusion and demonstrated with it. Though occasionally her eyes would flicker over in the direction of the boy sitting next to her. They would be quite brief flickers.
5lCMVsw.png
Well... that had been an unexpected reward for her efforts to calm herself down. For a second Akiko was in a shocked state as Kei wrapped an arm around her shoulders and hugged her. The thoughts of Igara and the feud largely faded back into nothingness as she reveled in the closeness and embrace of her soulmate, as well as the praise and encouragement. "You're right." Akiko said softly as Kei spoke about how who she was was far more important that what Igara was. "I try to be positive and help people, I should just ignore her." Even if it was far easier to think it then to actually internalize it, especially when there was a threat to Kei.

As the two leaned in closer, for a split second Akiko thought that Kei was about to kiss her. Was it truly about to happen? Alas it was not to be such an expression of intimacy. But, it was nearly as good because the blonde idol's soulmate blasted Igara and startled a laugh out of Akiko. Kei was certainly very good at cheering her up when she got down. The idol smiled and nodded. "I'm not sure I'd even wish her on the damned though." Her conspiratorial whisper back was pure normal Akiko.

As the Blessed Veika emerged and talked about magic Akiko leaned forward in her chair a bit. She knew magic was real, having seen the portal earlier and having learned her own magical dance from her mother at young age, but the summoning of illusions and blades of magic was new and impressive to her. In fact, when the teacher asked it it sounded interesting to anyone, Akiko raised her hand up high.

Yoshiro pursed his lips and nodded in agreement with Zakira,"I never understand it, cooperation is always more productive and efficient than conflict. Imagine if those two collaborated on music what they could do to bring attention to the school and this region? It would truly have a lasting impact....instead they bicker. Not that competition doesn't encourage evolution and growth too...but often it brings about destruction....." He paused, realizing he was rambling and he focused on her question,"Hypothetically? It wouldn't be any crueller than what they did to a poor young girl.....they steal panties. I think their leader needs to be made an example of.....I will claim her panties, someway or another." He blinked, hearing that out loud and he cleared his throat,"That sounded far creepier than what I intended."

His eyes slid over to Igara, watching her for a few moments, at least she wasn't going to fight with Akiko that would be complicated. Seeing the teacher out of the corner of his eye he gave Igara a wave, a wink and then turned around to watch the demonstration. Yoshiro's eyes bulged ever so slightly at the shape and dimensions of their new teacher and he muttered under his breath, although perhaps Zakira would catch it if her hearing was as strong as the rest of her,"How does she stand...she's far too top heavy...there must be magic at work....but how? Leviousa Boobosa? What kind of spell could it be?"

Her demonstration was...interesting....Yoshiro wasn't sure it went exactly according to plan but there was clearly interested in magic as he nodded vigorously at her question,"Hai, Sensai!"

Hanako scanned the room for other safety issues. She'd distracted herself from the painting--which clearly did not stop a full scale demonic invasion--to making sure individual interpersonal incidents did not happen like before with Jeremiah's dick. This meant ensuring that everyone's shoes are tied firmly. This was Hanako's initial thought process, however as she scanned the room, she noticed Jikango was the only big doofus who didn't have properly tied shoes. In that moment, she decided that having a gang leader fall down on his face would be safer for everyone all around as long as he stayed down for a while.

With that motive in mind, she decided to crawl under any unoccupied desks between her and Jikago on the logic that his rapey eyes would not follow her if they weren't already following her. When she got there, she settled on taking the loose laces of each foot, pulling them around the bolted down structural member and tying them together in a double constrictor knot so that he is effectively bolted to the floor himself. Then she snuck back off, unaware of anyone who might have seen her.

Fuuko was sitting in her seats, trying to think of something to put under her legs for better stretch - 180 degrees just wasn't enough anymore - not really paying much attention... yes, she was excited about the lesson just minutes ago, but it just never was easy for her to concentrate on the lesson. Until, that is...
"Wow", she whispered as Ms... Ehm, Blessed Veika demonstrated the illusionary sword of hers. That... that... that offered so many opportunities! If she could, say, learn to create illusions of clothes like that... sure it would be illegal for competitions, but the possibilitues for exhbition performances were truly endless!
"Me! Me! Me!" she didn't even notice herself as she already got up to her feet, jumping in place with her hand raised high.

For those close enough (Fuuko, if she's paying attention) - she overhears one of the gang members mutter something about a 'crawling rat' and jerk a thumb in Hanako's direction, but no one seems to realize what she may or may not have been up to.

"Alright, you three." Miss Veika beckons, Fuuko, Yoshiro and Akiko forward, "Now, can anyone in the class name the three fundamental types of aetheral energies that empower the vast majority of magic?"

She moves over to the weird gear section, where she draws covers off three orbs, one pulsing with a dark, shadowy energy, one with a bright, white energy ... and the third with a vibrant crimson. "These are aether distillers, which pull energy directly out of the universe. They are slow and inefficient of course, but they good enough for demonstrative purposes. I've been charging these for a good while now, so they've built up quite a collection. They may have an ... impact on you when you use them, but have no fear, we'll dispel the biggest effects after class."

She pauses, looking at the three students expectantly.

16f79eb22f901f2be54f591594dd3d44.png Hikaru blushed slightly as she realized that what she had thought were subtle glances actually were noticed by Jeremiah. Still, from her occasional glances she had managed to infer a few things. He seemed to like her, which was a nice positive. Not only meeting a celebrity from a show she greatly enjoyed but also him being positively inclined towards her was quite nice. He also seemed a bit overwhelmed by what had happened earlier, which she couldn't fault him for, and pretty interested in the class.

When the teacher gave direction and asked a question Hikaru's hand shot up into the air within the first second of the question. Unsurprisingly she was called on and she proudly gave the answer. "The three fundamental types of aetheral energies that empower magic are, Empyreal, Vivified and Anarchic." She felt quite proud with herself.
5lCMVsw.png
This was pretty exciting. Akiko was pretty interested in the magic and the class on the whole, and it was great to be picked for one of the initial exercises. As she made her way up onto the platform in the front she turned and waved back to the class smiling widely with her usual positive attitude and good cheer. As the three different orbs were withdrawn and the Blessed Veika gave her instructions Akiko looked at them with wide eyes. So she was supposed to use an orb, but what was she supposed to do with it?

She tried to extend her senses like she did when using her own magic with her dancing, but all she could pick up from the orbs was that they were powerful, which kind of meshed with what the teacher had just told her. Smiling and figuring that nothing too bad could happen since it was a class she started forward, moving towards the red orb and planning to pick it up.

Yoshiro smirked as he was selected, he didn't bother waving or acting up in the front instead he simply stood there waiting instructions, although his eyes slid over Zakira and up to Igara as he pondered the options he was creating for himself by following Igara's advice. They even slid a little more to Diniko, wondering how Igara's advice applied to her? His focus was brought back to the very blessed Blessed. The sheer physical impossibility of who she was abundantly clear at this distance.

He looked as she uncovered the orbs and he immediately smiled, oh, how he would love to have one of those for himself. It would make his magic so much easier her words didn't leave them with any direction but he already knew what he needed to do. Reaching out to the black orb he put his hand on it, drawing from it's power as his eyes flickered across the group of students. So much power, so much he could use it for.....but on whom?

Igara? Zakira? Diniko? Someone else entirely?

Fuuko... haad no idea which orb to choose. Not to mention, Blessed Veika's question... once Hikaru gave the - apparently correct - answer, she couldn't haelp but blink. Are those... are those a words we're supposed to know? Well, "anarchic" she at least did hear before, though she somehow doubted it was used in the same meaning in this context. But the other two...

This confusion came as something of a blessing in disguise, for while Fuuko was mistified, the other two volunteers picked their balls already, leaving her with no agonizing choice - and she certainly didn't mind white in the first place. White was good... right?

Hanako got back to her seat thinking she'd lucked out and pulled off the stunt of a lifetime, but had missed pretty much the entire conversation about the magical orbs and types of magic and whatnot. She shot a look at Kuriyo "Oh hey neat, what'd I miss?"

Blessed Veika watches the three claim the orbs, first red, then black, then white. "Interesting. And why did you pick those specifically? Did the red call to you? Do you perhaps simply prefer black over white? Did you just not wish to make waves by arguing with the other two over their choices? Or was something ... else at play?"

She sits on the edge of her desk, crossing her blue skirted legs and motions to Fuuko, "If I told you that you could cast a spell, what would you choose? Would you improve yourself? Spread calm and tranquility through the audience? Perhaps help someone with a dilemma?"

Her hand opens, unfolding fingers in Akiko's direction, "And you, young lady, would you fill others with excitement and joy? Perhaps a summon luxuriant meal or a comfortable chair? You are a singer, perhaps listen into the harmonies of the universe?"

"And of course, Mr. Dark over here. Would you make others like you - whether they care to or not? Would you seek vengeance for previous wrongs? Put another in a predicament? Enrich yourself?"

Kuriyo hmms, "Do I even want to know what you were up to?" She gives a little exaggerated not-really-upset sigh, "Those are collectors for magical energies. Presumably the empirical, vivified and antarctic energies Hikaru mentioned. The instructor says each of them are different ways to power magic. But it's odd ... her questions suggest different energies produce different results, but you wouldn't normally expect that from a fuel source, would you?"

"Em..." Fuuko pauses in thought, almost whispering... but not quite quiet enough that people standing nearby won't et a chance to hear, "improving myself... feels kinda like cheating, to be honest... I'd much rather get better through training... and... I'm not sure I want to try something on others right from the beginning... feels kinda dangerous..."

"Ms... I mean, Blessed Veika"
, she raises her voice and her eyes at the same time, "can we start with something that's for show only? Like, that illusion you showed us... hm... maybe a firework of some kind? That would be fun, no?"

5lCMVsw.png
Akiko took a moment to ponder the best response. Why had she really gone for the red orb rather than the others? She did like the color to be sure but was there something more to it? It did seem kind of cheerful if she was honest, and the dark one had been right out. Black tended to equal evil or twisted and she was not interested in that. After Veika had some suggestions on what she could do with the energy Akiko seized on the one that most resonated with her.

“I’d fill the room with happiness and excitement.” She replied, smiling at the magic teacher. “How do I do that with this magic?” She knew how to do it with her own dancing magic but clearly this was a different sort!

Last edited:
"I was tying some shoes I noticed were unsafe" Hanako replied to Kuriyo. Listening to Kuriyo's notes about the energies she continued "Those are interesting. they don't seem like they oppose each other in a circle like you'd expect energies to do in a magical system, or Rock/Paper/Scissors, or Rock/Paper/Scissors/Lizard/Spock. As to whether I'd expect energies to produce different results, I'd say I do yeah. So like for example fossil fuels, solar, and nuclear energy. We don't put nuclear fuel in cars because if there's a wreck, everyone suddenly gets cancer. We don't have solar on top of every house because the black panels reflect a lot of heat and it's awkward for civilians to see all the birds dying. we don't use so many coal driven trains because of all the smoke being terrible for the environment." She tapped her head like the black guy in the meme "Different fuels, different results."

Yoshiro's hands caressed the orb, he could feel the power calling to him and his eyes flickered between Blessed Veika, Igara and Zakira her words playing through his mind and he smiled at the teacher,"Mr. Dark? Hmmmm, interesting, the darkness hides things that people like to stay hidden." Again his eyes flickered between Igara and Zakira, almost like he was trying to make a choice,"I guess I'd peer into the darkness and see what secrets I could uncover."

His eyes settled on Zakira at last,"Some secrets are better left in the dark, but they can be oh so useful." Turning to Blessed Veika he shrugged,"This feels like it has enough charges to be used for more than one spell....so I might do more than one. There are always things people desire." His gaze locked on Igara for that last one before he focused more exclusively on the teacher, licking his lips, he was already considering drawing on the magic to cast spells, but he also didn't want to do it in front of the Blessed...but perhaps if she was distracted.

His eyes turned to Hanako, she was normally good for a distraction at some point, he grinned as he turned to the Blessed,"Maybe Akiko can try her spell on a volunteer.....maybe Hanako?" IF they had that girl up here it was guaranteed that she'd do something cuckoo and he'd get a chance to do some of what he wanted.

"Ah.", Veika nods to Fuuko's question, "A wise answer. Perhaps ..." She presses a button at her desk and the display board near Fuuko lights up with a magical symbol. "... something like this ... here on the floor. Nice and big. 10 meter outside circle, would be good. This is a sigil of protection. We'll be learning how to use it later in class. But for now, you can just mentally copy the image."

Veika smiles at Akiko's pleasant response, "I'm sure everyone would approve of your intention. So when you cast your first spell with an orb, you'll attune it to you. Gaze into it, put your hand on it. With distiller, the exact spell matters a lot less. What matters is your mental imaging combined with the distiller's alignment. Don't be alarmed if it does not seem to work, magic can be complicated."

Glancing to Yoshiro, she smiles. "Ah, I see I'll need to keep an eye on you. Go ahead then - peer into my aura and seek out my most scandalous secrets."

"Oh, and I do agree, we should get someone up here to represent the mundane world. If the young lady would like to get the specialized gauntlet out of that drawer there. I'm told it's quantum."
the teacher motions to a small cabinet in the Weird Gear section of the lecture area. Her eyes move to Hanako expectantly.

Kuriyo squeezes Hanako's hand and gives an encouraging little smile.

Hanako looked around awkwardly "Wait me?" she asked in that awkward way people who think you're talking to them, but you end up talking to someone behind them. That's not what happened this time though. She walked awkwardly up to the stage. "I'm not sure what you even mean when you say you're told it's quantum. I know there are quantum particles because of Yo but... Let's see if I remember.... Quantum entanglement theory suggests a mechanism called spooky action at a distance, whereby the measurement of one particle effects the position and momentum of a particle the original particle is entangled with. Such as maybe a photon hitting a thing and changing what the observer at the other end notices?" Hanako continued to the gauntlet, took it, and put it on. It reminded her of one of those Lionhead games.

5lCMVsw.png
Akiko took another moment after Veika gave her the go ahead to try and use the magic to frame it perfectly in her mind. It was to be a wave of happiness and joy, that would radiate out from where she stood on the stage and spread out to everyone, filling them up with the same positive and wonderful emotions that she worked so hard to inspire through her performances.

“Here we go!” She called out happily and waved to the class before reaching into the orb with her mind as her hand rested on it. Her vision was crisp and clear and the blonde idol delved deep into the orb for power so that her spell would make EVERYONE happy. It was odd though, as she cast it and the magic flowed out and through her it seemed slightly different from what she had been trying to do. Still clearly bringing happiness but something else seemed to be lurking as well.

Ideally it would be a wave of energy that swept out and washed over everyone in a beautiful display that brought joy. Though after she cast the spell it was wierd. There was a voice in her head and it was her, but a version of her she had never heard before... ‘Why doesn't Kei belong to you? Things would be so much better that way. And think how safe she could be ...’ Akiko’s eyes went wide at the voice as it continued ‘You only want to protect her and make her happy. That's not bad, right? No. It's the opposite of bad. It's very very good. You're a good person. Which is why you shouldn't let Kei say no.’

Her head hurt a bit and she shook it back and forth as if to clear it, her own normal thoughts responding. ‘But if she doesn’t choose me herself how is that right? Soulmates both feel that their partner is the one.’

Akiko's spell surges out across the room, causing strange looks between various students. Igara turns her head, glaring daggers at Zakira. Fuleiko clutches at the edge of her little table surface and gasps loudly. But none of that compares to the sound from the Serpent's corner, "What the ..." which cuts off in a crashing sound as Jikango pitches into the back of the seats in front of him.

Focus... imagine the symbol... Fuuko even closed her eyes momentarily, to better keep it in her mind. And then, she felt some twitch in her body... and when she opened her eyes, the sigil was there, in front of her, glowing and... calling! Calling! She heard a weird music in her head! And when she heard music, Fuuko's body only had one reaction!
Moving to the tune of the melody only she was hearing, the gymnast stepped forward, threw the ball to the ceiling and, with a front walkover, entered the circle herself - probably giving the audience a decent chance to peek inder her skirt, but she wouldn't care about that even in a less elated state. Straighening back up, she immediately spinned in place, with one leg raised straight up, catching the ball mid-spin, and went into the next move... she had to improvise her routine, of course, but right now, she felt she just couldn't miss a single move. Her body just required for her to keep moving!

latest

Yoshiro knew how magic worked, and he felt the throb of the balls power, his eyes slid up to Igara and he smiled. He knew what he wanted....

Prey doesn't get a vote.

He drew from the orb, draining power from it without concern even as the magic flooded him he stumbled, this was not what he expected it to feel, a chord of heavenly music pealed through the air, like a chorous of singing angels and warmth and contentment filled his soul as he looked at Igara his smile softening and his heart filled with love, empathy and compassion. She acted so hard because she needed to be loved, nurtured and held.

A soft white halo formed above his head and his eyes glowed with pale radiance for a moment, he felt guilty for what he had taken from her, just for a moment, but he knew it was not him but the potion Ms. Lefleur had given her, but he knew he had pleased Igara and his heart yearned to do it again.

He couldn't take his eyes off of her radiant features, his smile only becoming more beautific as his mind filled with knowledge of what he needed to do to please her and he shuddered as he uttered her name loud enough for her to hear, even if he wasn't aware of how it was torn from his lips,"Oh....Igara."

It was clear from the way he held himself it was all he could do not to run to her right then, but he struggled and turned to look at Blessed Veika and frowned,"Oh....I seem to have missed..." His hand didn't leave the glowing, throbbing ball of power, his mind churning with what else he could do with the power, how he could care for and nurture Igara's poor, poor heart.

She was not prey, she was a precious, precious soul that needed to be loved the right way.

Igara's head snaps right back around as Her Yoshiro more or less moans her name, a huge grin coming to her face as she shows off that amazing white smile (the producers insist on frequent bleachings, after all). Exhaling a happy little sigh, she sinks back into her chair. Her anger and jealousy directed at Zakira forgotten in a surge of warmth and contentment. On one hand, lunch felt like an eternity away. On the other hand, this was a pretty nice feeling, too! She squirms a little in her chair at the conflict between anticipation and happiness.

And he looks so *cute* with his little halo!

Blessed Veika surveys the results of the spell-castings. "And how do you all feel?"

The illusions on the orbs fall away, revealing Fuuko's throbbing crimson orb, Akiko's with sable and swirling shadow and Yoshiro's with radiant white, with a hint of gold.

About this time a voice snarls at the back of the room, "What? That bitch? I'm gonna kill her!" Jikango's attempt to actually carry out the threat is delayed by the need to untie his shoes first. He staggers to his feet, his face bruised. Carmen gasps and rushes to his side. He starts to pull away in anger, but pauses, smiles at her and rests a hand on her shoulder before suggesting, "Let's get her first."

"Excuse me, young man." Blessed Veika seems unamused. "There'll be no 'getting' in my class."

"Yeah, siddown and shut up!" Diniko's call from her corner is amused. "Or even better, why not fall on your face some more? I didn't think anything could make me like your ugly mug, but I was wrong. Bruised and bleeding is the *perfect* look for you."

"That's enough. Settle down, please." Her eyes cross over to Yoshiro for a moment, before returning to the crowd.

Back
Top Bottom