Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

S.I.N (Tarrakhash)

Samuel laughed and shook his head with a smirk. "Oh no. I know exactly what he's doing." He said as they stopped and he paid the driver before getting out. "See, I have my fingers in as many pots as i can, for nothing else if not information." Samuel said with a chuckle. "So what im here to do is giv you a good all round exercise, get you to peak condition, make sure your well fed all that good stuff before I let Caden loose on you."

Heading into the market Samuel purchased quite a few ingredients before heading and paying for them. "Now here's why I REALLY come to this place...." He said before paying to have his stuff watched over and heading behind the counter, beckoning Lucian after him.

Behind two locked doors, several guards and one final door was... an open market... "Welcome to SIN coty's very own black market Lucian... or at least what I allow to thrive here."

Lucius followed behind Sam, looking somewhat bored at the shopping. Although that look changed once he was guided behind the counter, his eyebrows rising slowly as the elemental revealed that there was a black market, and not only was he aware of it but allowed it.

He couldn't stop the question that slipped out next,"What's your cut for letting it be here?"

Samuel couldn't help but laugh and smirk. "Extensive." He said with a look around. "But I don't allow it to be here for the money, I allow it to be here under certain circumstances due to the control it brings, and the information." He said, nodding to one of the stall workers who glanced at Lucian before whispering to a man behind him who ran off. "See, through my control over the market here I control the drugs, tech, bio augs you name it that come into the city. I know where they go and WHO they go to." He said with an almost evil grin. "That pretty little cook you see on tv all the time? Two bio aug legs. Expensive as hell and even more so since their covered in synth skin without the required tags for letting others know she has them."

Besides, with a place like this under my thumb I can make controlled strikes at crime and keep things to a decent level." He said as they stopped at t adoor and Samuel spoke it some odd halting language that sounded like a mashup of 5 seperate ones. "You see, I could absolutely eradicate all this from the city in an instant.. but it would only be a matter of time before things started to collapse in on itself. People need an outlet for their aggresion, anger, rage, sexual needs you name it. Some get that thrill from the wrong side of things. Others like you me toni and Max are more than happy to just fuck each others brains out."

Lucius smirked, of course it was extensive, yes it wasn't about the money but the reasoning was sound and the money didn't hurt, not if you planned on living forever,"So you benefit financially and you know what's going on...smart, I like it." His eyebrow rose as he spoke about the cook and nodded, great not only where there magical people who he couldn't compete with, but even more so you had unregistered augmentations.

He chuckled, his eyebrow rising as he watched them doing something to get in through another door,"Yes, well fucking peoples brains out, with their consent, typically won't get you arrested...depending on where you do it." He snickered, remembering that they had been caught by her brother in a car already once, he was sure it would happen again, they were hardly well controlled impulses between the two of them, that said he kept his senses on high alert just in case someone didn't like Samuel.

Inside the room was a whole other area, this one dealing in beasts that looked far and gone out of this world. These were things from the hidden side of the orld it seemed. "And here is where we are coming to today.." He said as a smaller man barely five feet all with rainbow hair walked up to them. "Sammy! Glad you could find time to join us!" The man said wiht a girn as he looked back at Lucian. "Who's the sparkly then? I know you dont take bodyguards as insane as you are." The man said with a giggle. It certainly seemed strange that such a girlish and effeminate person seemed to run things here but given the strangeness that was already present in the room alone....

"Skye! As flamboyant as ever!" Samuel said with a smirk. "No no.. this is Max's new boy so im taking him down here to get some much needed beef." He said making Skye nod. "Ah I see. You'll be wanting the beasts then..." Skye said and Samuel nodded before Skye began to lead them along. "Grass fed or genetic? I know some don't care as it's mostly the same in most cases but you have a plan im sure." Samue nodded aas he handed Skye a list. "Grass fed if you have it but I'll take Genetic if you don't, I only have 6 days left to work him over so I need what you have now."

Skye looked at the list, a short one of 6 items and whistled. "A thunder beast Heart? Thats rare stuff even at the best of times... How much of one do you need?" Skye asked making Samuel think for a moment. "I'd say at least half but I know you have others who want it.... A third should be enough for Lucian. Toni and I don't need to jump thoguh Adam might have liked it." He said with a shrug making Skye nod. "A third I can do. The rest is easy save the magma lizard. Dont even have genetic for that right now But I do have a plasma toad that someone skipped out on and it should suffice if your wanting fire resistance." Skye said making Samuel nod. "That'll work for his reflexes as well, adam is getting him a new set of augs ready with one of his old ai's ready and that will help decrease the size of heatsink needed." Samuel said making Skye whistle and look at Lucian. "You lucky bastard! laying pipe for Max and getting new augs from Adam!"

Lucius watched with interest as he was introduced to the new guy, waving at Skye and smirking at the giggling. What followed after that drew a confused look at the list of items,"Why are we getting bits of animal, am I going to have that installed in the augs?" It seemed very strange, magic was normally magic, and technology was technology, or were they going to have him eating all of that?

His confusion was forgotten as he was complimented on his luck and a broad grin as he nodded at the comment about laying pipe for Max,"Yeah, I took a new job and got a lot more perks than I was expecting...although even in the short time I've been with Max, Sam and Toni I already know it's all going to come at a price and there is going to be people who require me to have every bit of it to do what I got to do."

Which currently involved surviving his training and subsequent meeting with Max's family.....it was going to be interesting.

Both of them looked at Lucius for a moment before they laughed and Samuel smirked. "Sorry, the two of use along with Toni are the oldest known to most of the public as far as non humans go." Samuel said with a smirk. "What im getting for you are like steroids but good for you." Samuel said with a grin. "Like some foods can enhance your eyesight, protein helps build muscle, some spicy foods can help your metabolism what im getting for you is a all round boost for whats left of your flesh. bone and blood and such." Samuel said as Skye went off to fetch everything. "It's nothing insane to be honest considering your already in your peak shape but an edge is an edge." He said with a chuckle.

Coming back Skye was frowning as he handed a sealed rolling case to Samuel. "There's a problem with the Plasma Toad..." He said before turning and gesturing them to follow.

Skye lead them down another set of stairs behind a card sealed door to a large open area. In it was a toad the size of a very large dog that was currently throwing off arcs of electricity large enough to reach out 10 ft. "Shit... someones hella pissed it off..." Samuel said with a grimace. "Yeah and even I have trouble dealing with one of these things when it's like this...."

Lucius listened, his face crumpling as he stuck out his tongue,"Wonderful, so I'm eating all these things....do they have to be raw or can I at least get them cooked into something else. Plasma Toad doesn't sound exactly delicious. I mean I'll take every edge I can get, don't get me wrong, but I didn't think I'd be eating mythical creatures."

He blanched when he saw the creature, it was massive, was he going to have to eat the whole damn thing? He shook his head,"Well do we have to beat it down then? What is it vulnerable to? I'm limited in what I can do as I am, great against humans not so much against an electric frog-dog....."

Samuel couldn't help but laugh and shake his head "Not the whole thing no. You don't need much given your already in prime order." Samuel said as he rolled up his sleeves. "And yes it all gets cooked. Toni and I are practically master chefs anyway so you'll be getting dishes from every corner of the world." he said as Skye grabbed his arm and outright dragged him a good 15 feet away from Samuel. "Watch carefully Lucian. It's not often anyone gets to see Samue open up like this any more...." The boy said with a grin as the air around Samuel started to ripple and steam from he intense heat surrounding him.

Suddenly fine lines in the air around Samuel ignited out of nowhere, the flames a deep crimson, almost blood colored before they pointed themselves towards the toad.

Lucius nodded, but didn't have much to contribute other than as a spectator so he let Skye pull him out of the way and got ready to see, and record for Max's benefit, what Samuel was about to do. He did draw his gun, the one he'd just bought with the special bullets...just in case...you could never be too careful.

The five spears of flame shot out towards the road though they did not strike through it. They began to spin a wide circle about the creature, making the air shimmer with heat. As the readout in Lucius's glasses showed him the temperature growing higher and higher the bolts of light ing began to grow smaller and smaller. Skye blinked as he saw this before he face palmed and sighed as he looked at Samuel in awe and surprise.

"Well.... each and every time this man makes a move he surprises me!" He said with a sigh as he looked at Lucius. "Careful you don't piss this one off boyo...." he said as he watched the bolts of lightning vanish as the toad began to sway before finally collapsing from the intense heat. "Samuel just heated all that air so much just to raise the resistance of the air to render the toads attacks fucking useless before giving the damn thing a heatstroke!"

Shaking head Skye cracked his neck and walked into the field of still intensely shimmering air as the five spears vanished and simply lifted the toad into the air. "Good lord Sam! It's a bloody sauna in here!" Skye said with a laugh as he lifted and dragged the large creature to the side. "So you want the meat and the legs.. you want the skin to? Stuns spells and guns are flooding in from somewhere so you might want to stock up on proper defense..."

Lucius watched in awe, his eyes widening as the event unfolded and the readings for the heat shot up. The sweat beading his brow as the lightning was netralized and the toad basically cooked into submission. He laughed at Skye's warning,"Oh, I already tried to punch him once....I'm getting reinforced arms because I know how bad an idea that is." He wasn't even in the same class as almost anyone he was working with at the moment. Of course that was why there were here, to make him stronger, more powerful to manage magic. Not stronger and more powerful full stop, no, but to make him strong enough to handle learning magic.

Shaking his head he wiped sweat off his brow, moving towards the door as Skye spoke and he laughed,"Wait, you're going to take the skin? Can I get a Plasma Toad duster?" He was joking but the idea of turning the crackling frog into a trench coat for him to wear was too funny.

Samuel stopped and thought for a moment before shrugging. "It would certainly be possible.. It might even be lighter and stronger than the coat you have now so it could serve as armor in some situations..." He said as he started thinking while Skye stepped to the side and hefted the unconscious toad onto a cart so it could be carted off and taken apart by the experts they had down in the market.

"He's not wrong.. Thoguh it would take some time as a Plasma toad hide does take some special gear to prepare it into something like leather..." Skye said as he thought. "In exchange If I can get some help with this officer of yours who's been roughing us up a little to hard on the east side of town I'll get the coat made myself." Skye said making Samuel frowned as he thought for a moment. "East side of town... is it over by Markdown?" He asked making Skye frown and nod. "Shit... it's Barrakas again.." He said with a groan. "I tell that idiot time and time again to get his shit together or someone is gonna put him in his place and it's not gonna be me..." He said with a sigh. "Look... I'll say something to him Skye but if his attitude doesn't change I just ask that you don't kill or cripple him alright?" He said making Skye chuckle and grin in a way that told Lucius he wasn't quite as nice as he seemed. "Oh trust me. I'll make sure the bloke live well into old age afterwards."

Lucius could only smile at the banter between the two, the coat would be helpful if it doubled as armor. His smile faded as they spoke about Barrakas. He had met people like that, in his time in the army, there was always one or two he didn't realize that everything had consequences, particularly violence. It was one of those things you needed to be careful about, even if your life and training was violence.....it still always had consequences.

Once they were done he smiled, didn't sound like Barrakas was in for a rough ride and he flickered his eyes between the two before asking,"We done or we going to find a phoneix to crush in my wine? This is a whole world I'm not used to......so many things I don't understand."

"Well for one using phoenix ashes in wine would just ruin a good wine for one and two unless your someone like Sammy here I wouldn't even think about it." Skye said as he stretched, popping his neck as Samuel laughed. "Phoenix ashes are the epitome of fire based items. Usually the parents feed any left over ashes from their last rebirth to their child, a sort of passing of the torch." He said as he took several silver cases from another person who had walked up. "Besides... someone like you would just burn from the inside out like a case of human combustion...." Samuel said with a shrug as he yawned suddenly. "Come on, lets get you back to Max for the day and tomorrow when you come by we'll beat you up then replace what you loose with some good food and resting. Well do that for the rest of the week until Max's brother gets here. Standard military training really." Samuel said with a grin making Skye chuckle and they both spoke at the same time.

"Break em down.." "Build em back up"

Samuel and Skye both laughed as Samuel made his way out with Lucius and on back out to the regular market. "Well then Lucius. how was your first day of training?" Samuel asked with a grin as he flagged down a cab for the two of them.

Lucius laughed and shook his head,"It was a joke....I don't know anything about Phoenix'.....but that's cool to know." He blinked at the message that he'd simply burn out and shook his head,"So much to learn, so much to learn." He followed Samuel on his way out, nodding as he listened to his routine, breaking him down and building him up...was a lot like the military, except with Magic and people who could do things that Lucius couldn't dream of even with his state of the art upgrades.

"Sounds as much fun as bootcamp was....except worse."

Slipping into the car with Samuel he was sitting back and shrugged,"Informative...I'm interested to see how all these weird animal bits taste and how they affect me but other than that I'm pretty good. No violence today so that will be a nice change if what you say about my future training is true."

"Well Lucius.. you in particular are never going to stop learning if your smart." Samuel said with a chuckle. "Me on the other hand It come natural, if you don't find one or more hobbies fast you start to go a little stir crazy, living as long as some of us non humans do..." Samuel said with a sad smile that told Lucius he'd seen that exact thing happen before. "I know 15 languages and im learning a few more right now, I became a semi famous potter sometime last century and the hobby before that was painting." Samuel said as he thought for a moment. "I actually enjoyed the pottery though, using my flames in various ways to fire it produced some rather interesting reactions using color in the clay itself." He said with a chuckle.

Hearing him talk about the taste Samuel chuckled. "Well, really the only one that might be a tad strange is the Echo Eel." Samuel said with a grin. "It's best eaten raw like sushi and I've been told it feels like its vibrating slightly when you eat it." Samuel said with a chuckle as he shook his head. "But Toni and I will be right there with you." He said with a shrug. "But other than that, from what I know the flavors are supposed to be fairly intense." He said as he thought for a moment. "But really that shouldn't pose TO much a problem."

Some time later the taxi pulled up just outside the gate to the hotel Max stayed in. "Here you go. I'll get your fare for you Lucius. Only fair for what im going to be puting you through over the next few days." Samuel said with an only Slightly evi laugh as the taxi drove away.

Back
Top Bottom