Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

S.I.N (Tarrakhash)

KombatWombat

Super-Earth
Rain..... Rain rain and more rain. That was the perfect word to describe the day. Rain so drenching Umbrellas and coats hardly had an effect! But that never stopped people from commiting crimes before and if anything it only made them commit more.

Under the guise of the rain three liquor stores had been robbed, two stopped in progress the other found passed out drunk after they ran off. One perp jumped into an armored truck and tried to drive off before the spikes across the exit of the bank popped all four tires. They drove nearly 20 miles on the reinforced rims alone before the truck ran out of gas of all things. And finally you and father Fujimoto were given the task of bringing in a merman named Barnaby who had skipped jail.

Father Fujimoto had that same small smile on his face he always seemed to have as he drove the both of you downtown. "Now remember, Barnaby has been convicted of violence in the past." He said as he took a turn slowly. Sometimes the kind father was almost a painfully careful driver. "Today was to be his final hearing before his tracking bracelets were going to be removed, he had even been making progress in his rehab classes. Why he suddenly skipped out on bail and his court date we don't know."

After a few more minutes the Father pulled into an old, run down, and quite possibly condemned building. "Here we are, careful when we begin talking. For some odd reason Barnaby has always been... Rough with others though I'm sure he means well...." Fujimoto said with a smile as he got out of the car. Several of the homeless that were already under the eaves, or what was left of them, were already eyeing them, one getting up to separate themselves from the others. "What business do you have here Pigs?" He said, spitting on the ground in front of them before growling.

Lucius Cuu was on his first day at the job, it wasn't like he was unfamiliar with violence as his gait and confidence showed, he was a military man and had the cybernetics and injuries to prove it. He was discharged honorably and now he was restarting his civilian life as a member of S.I.N, and he didn't like the Rookie treatment or the feel he got from it so he was glad to be going into a somewhat action oriented gig straight away. His long black trenchcoat keeping the rain off his cybernetic arms, his eye covers extended to keep the same rain out of his eyes and his hands hanging at his sides, close to the quick draw holster he had on his hip.

He would have preferred heavier weaponry, but it was not a military action. He listened as Father Fujimoto spoke about the situation, keeping his eyes open as he approached the place that they were headed too. His cybernetic eyes highlighting places where snipers or ambushers could hide, and the results were....well...mildly depressing he looked at the Father and asked,"So we're still tracking him then? We know where he is?" That didn't make sense, even from his relatively low understanding of police procedure it seemed silly to run on the last day, and even worse with the tracker still intact. That reeked of desperation or coercion.

Following Father Fujimoto Lucius kept quiet for now, simply glaring at the hobos and that. He almost smiled at the comment about the Pigs, making sure his black boots were not in any danger of getting spat on. He simply watched, ignoring the question and letting the more experienced officers lead this one for now.

Father Fujimoto chuckled and held out his hands as he smiled at the hobo. "Come now Johnathan. You know we're here only for Barnaby and no one else..." The hobo raised an eyebrow before he sniffed and spit again but to the side this time. "You need to be careful then Father." Johnathan said with a frown.

Another of the vagrants, this one a merman with a breathing device attached to his neck stepped forward. "Barnaby has changed significantly over the last week." The merman said with a wet voice. "He seems to have found a way to augment his strength, size, speed and a number of other things." He said with a frown. Father Fujimoto frowned as he heard this. "Has he increased in size a great amount? His skin stretching and writhing muscles?" He said, his frown deepening as the both of them nodded.

"This is not good... Lucius... I'm afraid the both of us are about to have a very bad time....." Fujimoto thanked the vagrants, giving them food tickets for ty local food back before heading back to the car. "Ever heard of a Merman Berserker Lucius?"

There was a mechanical whir as Lucius flexed his fingers, frowning somewhat at the comments from the hobo's particularly as they started describing the changes the Merman had undergone. Berserker? That made a lot of sense with the illogical decisions, the guy wasn't thinking right, and it likely meant he was even more violent, and capable of doing violence, than before. His eyes slid up to meet Father Fujimoto's,"No, not really, but I know what a Berserker is...we're likely going to get attacked on sight and he's not going to go down easy...are we trying to do a non-lethal take down at this point?"

His hand slipped to where he kept his speciality ammo, he wasn't sure that the stun rounds he had would make much of a difference on a merman Berserker, and although he had a taser built into his cyberarm the same thing applied...would it be strong enough?

"Guns won't do to much I'm afraid. I thought this was going to be a much easier talk with Barnaby so I didn't bother bringing more than a standard issue shotgun with slugs." For some strange reason most of the guns in the quite oddly expansive armory at the S.I.N headquarters here in town belonged to the Father. "Blades are slightly more effective as they cut rather than pirece but depending on how... extreme Barnaby's transformation is Im afraid that unles Max was here we wont be able to do much but hold him off until help arrives.

"The Father Isn't wrong Pig..." A loud voice said from behind the soiled and dirt blocked glass door. Boom....Boom...CRASH The building itself shook as something began breaking its way out of it before the door itself and some of the old concrete frame gave way revealing someone that looked not at all like the picture that Lucius would have seen in Barnaby's file. Standing easily 2 feet over them the merman was now a mas of bulging and stringy looking muscle as he brashly broke his way out of the door. "Once I finish with you two... I'll be moving onto the bitch of a judge who threw me all the way out here!" Barnaby snarled before swinging both fists down hard in an attempt to crush them both.

A nod followed the comment about blades,"Right...." and then the big voice broke the silence and Lucius turned slowly, his eyes rising up the massive creature that was causing the problem,"Fuck...." He extended an arm and a long black blade slide out of he top of his wrist,"Well...I hope you called for help, Father." The fists descended and Lucius leapt to the side, bits of concrete flying through the air pinging off his coat as he tumbled back to his feet, circling around to the right side he growled at his partner for the moment,"Circle to the left,, he can't chase both of us...."

The strategy was simple, if you're trying to draw out a fight till help arrived, give the big hitter multiple targets and try and stay out of reach. If there was an opening he was going to take it but mostly...he was going to stay out of the way of those fucking big fists.

Even as Lucius was growling out to Father Fujimoto the older man was already moving around Barnaby as he fired at the Merman. Three slugs impacted Barnaby's chest, making him stumble backwards. What happened next However told Lucius why a Berserker was such trouble for guns.

The muscle around the wounds from the slugs began to wriggle and shift and slowly but sure all three slugs were pushed out before the muscle itself seemed to swell and clamp the wounds shut. The wounds obviously hadn't healed but they wouldn't be causing him any trouble for the time being.

"Careful you do-" Fujimoto began to say before he had to stop, dodging out of the way of the large piece of rebar and concrete Barnaby now held. " Careful you don't break your blade! His muscle is far harder than it seems!"

Lucius nodded at the warning, horrified at what he was seeing, glancing around he kept out of reach, scooping up a piece of rubble and throwing it at the Merman. Now a piece of rubble wasn't going to hurt the creature, but Lucius knew that, but it did help to have cybernetic arms throwing it as it landed with a hard thunk on the back of the creature. Did it do damage, likely not, but it certainly drew attention....

He knew they were playing a waiting game, so he needed to give help time to arrive, and distract the creature enough that both he had Father Fujimoto were alive. Skittering to the side he waited for an opening, he was going to use the blade to slice not stab, that way he ran less risk of breaking it. Darting in he slashed the blade at the legs of the creature, trying to slow it down before somersaulting backwards to get away, weaving around the massive chunk of building Barnaby was using as a club.

One hit and he'd be dead, no matter what cybernetic organs he had! Man they needed help, and fast.

The rubble certainly did grab Barnaby's attention as he swung the rubble bat he was using around at Lucius before howling in pain as his legs were sliced into. Even slicing into Barnaby's legs Lucius would feel like something was trying grab at and hold onto the blade coming from his wrist even as it cut a deep gash into Barnaby's leg.

The wound certainly didn't bleed as much as it should have even as the Father unloaded three slugs into Barnaby's back as he yelled into his comms unit. "Barnaby's a Merman Berserker! We need backup NOW!!" Over his own comms device tied into the same channel Lucius would hear that help was on it's way but it would take over ten minutes to get there because of the rain and the local football tournament in town.

Meanwhile down at the far far end of the street behind Lucius two faint orange lights came around a corner.

Lucius stepped back, baiting the Merman,"What's wrong, Barnaby, that sting a little....you not as big and tough as you thouht?" He mother fucking was, but Lucius wasn't going to let that bother him, he had to keep the creature busy for ten minutes? Man, they were never going to last that long.

He stepped back, trying to draw the berserker towards him and give Fujimoto more time to maybe hit something important? Dancing back a little more he heard something, turning his head he saw the lights, he didn't know what they meant but it was a distraction he could well not serve to have. He hoped that if it was a civilian that they'd be smart enough to turn the fuck around when they saw the merman with a freaking pillar as a bat.

The last thing he needed was collateral damage because the Merman went to town on someones car. Still he kept an ear out for what was going on behind him. Just in case as he eyed Barnaby carefully,"Come on, fish face, show me what you're made of...." Shoot him some more, Fujimoto, anything to slow him down.

One minute... Two minutes... Three..... The dance between Father Fujimoto, Lucius and Barnaby went further and further away from the building. The lights kept getting closer and closer and now they were only moments away from coming into view. Whatever, or whoever it was was about to come into view as Barnaby began throwing postboxes and street side trashcans at them.

As either Fujimoto or Lucius would turn to shout at the newcomer they would both hear a woman's voice. One that sounded both warm and playful liked a pleased cat shout at them. "Duck!" Suddenly a woman carrying an old fashioned sword ran into the pool of light around them, leaping up and over a car Barnaby had thrown at the two of them moments before before the light caught her sword as she began to act.

Left, right, forward and back, the woman seemed to move like water itself as she cut the post boxes Barnaby had thrown. Father Fujimoto looked at the woman with a look of relief before getting onto his comm. "Don't worry about the backup. Max is back in town." he said as Lucius would see him visibly relax.

Lucius eyes tracked the woman and her sword, all kinds of information showing up on his screen yelling at him that she was moving too fast, acting to quick and hitting with two much power but all he could do was watch....making sure to dodge debris as he glanced at Father Fujimoto,"Max? That's not a Max!"

He drew his gun and fired at the brute, aware it wouldn't hurt him but he targeted his eyes and face figuring it would distract the creature so 'Max' could get her sword into him and take these beast down!

The father just grinned as he put his shotgun up onto his shoulder. "Oh but she is!" He said with a laugh. "Her full name is Ophelia Maxwell Dawn..." He said as the women jumped upwards, much of the water from the rain and covering the street following her and her blade up as she raised her katana above her head. "Hachi no kata: Takitsubo!!" She shouted as she swung her blade down, causing all of the water that had followed her up into the air above Barnaby's head to come crashing down onto the merman.

"Do try and leave larger pieces this time Max!" Father Fujimoto called out as he dialed another number on his comms unit. "I'll need cleanup crews asap at my location. Max got into it with Barnaby." He said before Lucius would hear a sigh on the other end of the line. "Alright, sending a full cleanup crew your way. ETA ten minutes." The dispatch said before cutting the call.

The woman, now known to Lucius as Max moved in under Barnaby as he stood "Ni no kata: Mizu guruma!" She said with a grin as she spun fast twice, two complete rings of water slicing into and through Barnaby causing him to grunt as he stumbled backwards... just before his body started to slide apart.

Lucius jaw hung open in amazement as Max did what it was she did and blinked as buts of Barnaby slid apart,"Fuck...."

He had worked in the armed forces for years and hadn't seen that. Stepping forward he looked at Father Fujimoto and kind of blinked a bit and then shrugged,"Well...I feel like I need a bigger gun for this job....or I need magic water."

He kicked a puddle under his feet with his black armored boots,"Magic sword maybe? I don't even no....is this what it's like all the time?"

The woman, Max laughed and grinned as she sheared her blade. "No magic blade sweetheart just little old me." She said with a laugh as she stretched and groaned happily. "Oooof..... That drive over there as nasty." She said as she flipped her neck. "I dunno about you two but I could use a hot shower after we get out of this rain." She said as she looked between the two of them.

"Either way I'm heading home. Either of you want a hot shower feel free to crash for the night. I know all the hotels are already full because of the game." She said as she turned around and started heading back the way she had come from.

Even as she walked away Lucius's scanners told him she was %100 human. Though one thing his scanners didn't need to tell him was that even now she seemed oddly playful as her hips swayed back and forth.

Lucius eyebrow rose, there was nothing old or little about this girl and her offer made him laugh, she was provocative but he nodded,"I'll take you up on that. I haven't been doing this long enough to get paid so I ain't shelling out for some last room in a packed city if I can avoid it."

His eyes tracked her hips as they swayed and he smirked,"Plus the company might be better than the roaches at the motel...." Turning to Father Fujiomoto he smirked,"And before we go on our next job..I need to pick a bigger gun."

With that he turned to follow the set of hips and the promise of a hot shower.

The set of hips and Max, led him back down the street and around the corner to a car that was parked up onto the sidewalk. As they walked up to it they would see someone in a daze and crumpled in the trashcan across the small alley like rode. "Really... you think the idiots around here would learn by now....." Max said as she unlocked the car, an older model car from centuries ago, though likely not that old. "Hop in, we've got a good 20 minute drive to get acquainted." She said as she unlocked the passenger door. Once Lucius was in the car he would be met with a Max that was very nearly topless as she pulled her jacket off, revealing that it wasn't a bra but indeed a biniki top she had been wearing outside in the rain.

"Hope you don't mind, that jacket gets heavy when it's that wet!" she said with a grin as she pulled the key from her car from the braided rope in her hair before sticking it into the car. "God's I love this girl but she's an expensive one to be sure what with all the 'Green Clean' magic cars around these days!" She said before she turned the key and the car Roared to life. "Theeeeres my girl.." She said with a grin before she looked not forward but behind them as she slammed on the gas and began flooring it backwards. "Hold on to your ass!" She said with a laugh as she drove backwards until she backed out of the alleyway, spinning the car about as she controlled the car carefully on the wet, and still raining streets.

Lucius smirked at the crumpled figure,"Crime doesn't pay buddy..." And made a mental note not to try and open Max's car without her permission. Sliding into the care he raised an eyebrow at her in her limited amount of clothing, it was going to be a long twenty minutes he could tell, and it was going to take all his self control not to check her out...and then she commented.

Her grin was an invitation, the lenses slid into their place exposing his green eyes as he let them slide along her curves and chuckle,"Why would I possibly mind? You're a damn sight easier on the eyes than Barnaby." He chuckled again as she started up the car,"You fixed this one up yourself? What kind of car is it?" He gripped the handle on the side of the car as she turned off,"I need to be holding on to something a little more secure than my ass at this point...."

He had driven in combat sorties and hover planes, this was a little closer to the ground and he didn't know how she drove but he managed to keep his composure.

Max grinned and laughed as she heard Lucius's comments on her figure. "Mhmm... and I'm sure you wouldn't mind seeing more would you?" She said teasingly as she whipped them around a corner with a laugh. Hearing his question about her car though she nodded. "Took me time as I had to order all her parts special built but it was well worth it putting her together all by myself." She said as she ran her hand over the black and light blue interior of the car. "Do you know just how difficult it is to get proper leather these days and not the lab grown sheets?" She said as she bit her lip for a moment before she spoke. "She's a 1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500." She said before she chuckled. "Or at least she's modeled after one at any rate." She said as she exited out onto the highway.

"And now it's smooth sailing for another 15 miles." She said as she set the car into cruise, and edition of her own after a a few other fuel saving tricks pulled from more modern cars. "So what about you Lucius?" She said as she changed lanes. "What brings you all the way out into our little slice of heaven?" She said before she smirked. "And don't say it's just because you wanted to see me naked." She said with a laugh.

Lucius didn't answer he first question just gave her a look that let her know that he would be absolutely fine with seeing more, possibly even very fine with it. He let her prattle on about the cars and he smiled, nodding as she drove,"So classic cars....I had to do some mechanical training as part of military training so I know how much work that takes....and she rides well."

He chuckled at her comment about seeing her naked,"Damn, you're not supposed to steal my smart flirty responses, you know that, right?" Smirking he shrugged,"I retired from military action, they had put enough metal in me for my liking...but it turns out that I'm mildly addicted to adrenaline and I got to do something with action....I played private security for awhile but that got boring. S.I.N had an opening for someone with my combat experience so I applied....of course they didn't tell me I needed to be able to make rain slice merman in half.....what is that stuff you do? And you think you can teach an old dog, new tricks?"

Hearing Lucian ask about train him she nodded after a long moment. "I certainly could... But how much you could use with your metal bits included in you would remain to be seen." Max said before she took the car off cruise control. "Here, I'm guessing you have decent scanners in that noggin of yours." She said as she rolled her head about a bit as she seemed to calm herself. "Watch my body activity. Cells, Oxygen content etc." She said as she squinted her eyes for a moment.

Suddenly she pulled in a large breathe, more and more and more, similar in fashion to circular breathing she kept pulling in more and more oxygen, somehow pushing it to every corner of her body as she suddenly gunned the car. Weaving in and out of traffic Max displayed reflexes saved for some of the quickest of supernatural creatures. Blasting past a red light and leaving most of the regular folks behind she stopped her breathing, her body calming down. "My style of fighting is only one of many, It's called The Breath of Water. The way I breathe excitesd my entire body by flooding it with oxygen in a way that... well you saw what happened to Barnaby, thats only a small sampling of what I can do..."

Lucius chuckled,"Hey, hey there is a lot of flesh left I promise....but yeah I've heard the more metal the harder magic is. But even the combat kata can be useful, I don't move at the speed of a regular human....so I can always use more weapons in my arsenal."

"Watch your body? Bet you say that to all the guys.", smirking he did turn his scanners on as she did, ignoring her driving trusting her to keep him in one piece he only focused on her readings and what he was seeing.

When she was done he nodded,"Impressive....and impossible without magic....but I'm sure you find tons of uses for being able to speed up your reflexes and oxygen control. Since we might be in the same unit I'd love to try and learn...at worst I learn a few new ways to punch people..never a bad thing."

Max grinned. "Actually, the basis of it is for people without magic. It's just more effective if you use just a drop, which is all I have." Max said with a smirk. "My family, The Dawn Family, have been were and will be monster hunters since time well back before even the Edo period in Japan." She said as she turned back into the city. "These breathing techniques were taught to my family after our Ancestor saved a Demon Hunter way way way back when."

"Atcually.... Even beyond swordsmanship I wonder if you could learn The Breath of Thunder." She mused as she turned into the attached parking lot of a high rise building. "I'll have to reach out to Zenitsu to see if it's possible but I can start teaching you now if nothing else." She said with a shrug as she parked her car. "Alrighty, Here we are." She said as she shut off the car and got out, leaving her coat in the back of the car as she opened her door and got out, not caring she was in nothing else other than a pair of Really Really form fitting jeans, which did nothing other than tell Lucius she wasn't wearing anything underneath them, and a bikini top. "Hope you not afraid of heights wonder boy!" She said, clapping him on the shoulder as she walked past him towards the hotel entrance.

He listened as she explained about her family, his features smoothing out as he relaxed listening to her story,"Well...certainly feels like we're hunting monsters in this job."

She parked and he looked around the neighborhood his internal GPS marking it as her current residences he climbed out the car. His eyes slid down to her tight, tight jeans and he smirked to what he noticed....it might be important later.

His eyes moved up at her comment and he chuckled,"I had to airdrop in a few times....granted I had some help on the landing. What kind of heights are we talking." He had the capability to mount a grapnel on his arm but he didn't have it with him a lot of his gear was still on it's way here and he chuckled,"I assume the hot shower I was promised is delayed somewhat?"

Maz laughed as she shook her head. "Nothing like a good brisk 13k feet. Just close to top floor of our wonderful highrise here." She said as she waved a card in front of the door to unlock it for both of them. She waved the security guard back making the man grunt in acknowledgement. Heading into the elevator though Max grinned. "Well... the hot shower isn't delayed but we have had problems with the pipes in the building recently. More often than not there's really only enough hotwater for one shower..." She said, leaving the statement wide open for him to take advantage of should Lucius choose to. "Really i'm used to being soaked, I enjoy playing in the rain, I'll be fine for a night..."

The ride up was a longer than normal one, a third of the way up the view in front of them suddenly turned clear as the elevator went through the clear tube on the side of the building. "See?" Max said as she pointed out through the glass. Not a nice 13k but the view's a good one none the less...." She said with a grin as she walked closer to the glass to get a 'closer' look out of it.

Back
Top Bottom