Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

First, Second, or Third Person?

I like First Person when it’s one on one, but Third Person with multiple people. First person feels more intimate, but gets unwieldy with too many people

Third person past tense. I want to read it as if its happened. First is too personal. I'm not my characters. Present tense is far too difficult for me as well.

Third person!

Though sometimes using 1st is fun, I always seem to default back to third person. Feels more natural for me.

Third person for sure!! First person makes it harder to express what the character is feeling in my opinion. Third person allows the writer to twist and shift their language in order to convey the character's emotions or actions.

3rd person, basically. I'm not my character and my character is not me. The desires of my character may not be my desires and vice versa. :) This excludes 1st person, I'd say. And, analogously, 2nd person when addressing the other character.

(I wrote "basically" because there may be an occasion that the character wants to switch into 1st person for some paragraphs for literary reasons like one can also find in novels. Even 2nd person, the character addressing themselves, can sometimes work. But the function of 1st and 2nd person here is different from what the original question was about.)

Third person for me, I've had people abuse posting in first person because they say it's only natural if we use our details in first person

Gotta go with the third myself. Same reason as the above poster; too weirdly personal otherwise.

Agreed with the third person! I'll admit that first person is often easier to write in, but it can get a bit much the longer it goes on. That pales in comparison to reading a reply in second person, though. I've never used it myself, but reading someone's second-person reply to me gets to me somehow, even more than me writing in first.

Third im most comfortable in because I'm playing characters.
First is very rare.
Second I don't think I've come across in a play before.

It depends on the RP but i prefer the 1st Person sight to include my imagines. For me its rather hard to compile my fantasies in 3rd person.. i get confused all the time then XD

First-person has a level of intimacy and immersion that I really crave. But understandably, most of my partners prefer third, their preference makes even more sense when you consider that many of my kinks deal with rather dark themes.

Third person and usually past tense. Present can be fun, though. I'm not really into first or second person. But!- if the partner is into first, that's cool.

Used to try play around with first and second but now it's always third person. I find it best for big stories, keeping track of multiple characters and jusr find it better to read.

I always use third, and first and second both kinda throw me off. I've seen them used well but honestly it's kinda tricky to get it right so third all the way!

Certainly third person all the way, I don't want to write like I am my character. Role playing is an escape from real life so I take that chance to play anything but myself, a plain old boring human.

I haven't tried it, but playing in first person across a GM who plays in second person sounds fun and immersive.

Back
Top Bottom