Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Call from the Soul (Fae and Blistered)

The anger behind Heishiro's intended strike would soon fall short the exact instant he felt the pommel of Silent Moon smack hard into her gauntlet covered palm. Given the fact that he was aggravated beyond all known comprehension that his attack connected but not with its intended target, a sense of honor would soon come over him, slowly bringing himself back from the brink.

When he heard this woman talk, it was almost unheard of. Who was this person that she was referring to when she said that he was a descendant of a knight so long ago? His mind reeled a bit, but there was something about this was beginning to make a slight bit of sense, despite it didn't really register to him. Furthermore, the way she was acting towards him now was something else entirely. She went from being a psychotic madwoman hellbent on taking him out to what she was now becoming to him now: A slave.

Just what the hell am I gonna do with her if she's acting like this to me? Heishiro thought as he then slowly lowered the blade down while keeping his eyes on her at all costs. For all intents and purposes, this could be an act to keep him distracted, but he didn't really feel anymore aggression coming from her. Against his better judgement, Heishiro would then slowly resheath the broadsword and rehook the strap to keep it securely in place.

She watched as his anger cooled down, and he sheathed his sword, clipping it into place. I knew it...if he were the knight of old he wouldn't have killed me, but those visions I had of him, they were connected to this Knight and that, so I can't deny they are of the same blood at least. She thought, only glancing her eyes up to watch him. She slowly stood back up, holding an arm over her gut, then pulled the sword out of the ground, resting it on her shoulder.

The Raven came swooping down into the forest, the trees being parted enough to give room for the bird. She looked at the Raven as it landed on her sword again and cawed at her. "Stop mocking me. I know this Knight has the same blood as him. Alright? So cool it!" She said, the bird making more noises as she spoke was well but stopped when she said 'Alright', as if they could understand one another. "Forgive my earlier attitude towards you. My name is Faeren Guiwa Tesuinia of the Midnight Fae." She said bowing her head. "What is the name of my new Master?" She questioned, glancing up at the Knight.

Already, Heishiro became irked when Faerin addressed him as her Master, but there wasn't much more that he could do to change that. Even that damned bird that swooped back down to her seemed to have realized this as well, but there was still something about all of this that was just too surreal. Eventually, Heishiro decided to force himself to drop the hardened act as he then hung his hands at his sides, uncoiling the fists so that his fingers hung down. After she asked him his name, Heishiro nodded before he spoke. "Heishiro. Heishiro Kenseth." He answered as he watched her glance up at him.

"When you mentioned that you're of the Midnight Fae, you mean to tell me that you're a faerie?" He then asked, tilting his head to the side a bit and narrowed his brown irises at her.

She looked at him curiously as he asked her about being faerie. "Yes, yes I am a faerie." She said, the Raven cawing some more. "Shut that beak or I'll break it off, alright?" She said with a bit more harshness than normal. She then looked back to the one named Heishiro. "Kenseth...yes, that is ringing a bell in my mind." She said, pondering his name. "And why does it surprise you that I am a faerie? Don't tell me our numbers have gotten that small now." She said in a questioning tone. "I knew most of my clan was wiped out, but what of the others? They certainly haven't fallen victim to such battles." She said, speaking her thoughts now.

"That's... kinda beside the point." Heishiro answered, interrupting her thoughts for a moment with a wave of his hand at her. "The reason as to why I asked if you were a faerie was because I never heard of your kind before." He added, gesturing at her again. "Better yet, this is my first time encountering one of you before."

"And my thoughts I was streaming out were probably why you never seen any of my kind. At first the humans of my era started to slaughter the Midnight Fae, my clan. The reason, I found out many years after I went into exile to survive the slaughter, was the Twilight and Noon Fae both gathered that we were becoming too powerful and too corrupt for their laws. They hired the humans to kill us, as the Noon Fae do not deal in war and the Twilight Fae only knew of us from words and like you never actually seen us unless we wished them to." She started to inform the knight of the Fae's history.

"I had thought the Noon Fae took up control over everyone but it seems they were also killed out by the humans, along with the Twilight Clan. Those warriors that killed us, they were trained to with stand or have abilities to counteract our powers. You must be the descendant of the family that combated my family." She pondered and started to think, the Raven once more cawing out two or three times now. "Yes, that could be true." She said, looking at the ground, her hand reaching up and resting on her chin as she thought.

Heishiro had to admit it when he stood there listening to this faerie explain all of this to him. In truth, he actually felt a bit of sympathy towards her, but he was still confused as to how she could've figured anything out about him just by looking at him. Normally, he would never even discuss such a past with her, but she found it out anyway.

"I still don't know how you know anything about me Faerin," Heishiro spoke after a moment. "But I'm only going to make this case known. If whatever you say is indeed true, do me a favor and do not mention it to anyone. No one needs to know a damn thing about me." He requested, looking up at her with a gravely serious look on his face.

She smirked as he spoke, an evil smirk of course. "I know all of the deaths that have happened in your life. That moment I had a glance into your eyes, it may have seemed like on a second's time, but we were actually looking at each other for a good two minutes or so. I know any and all deaths, either caused by you or that have happened around you. And in turn, you got a glimpse of the darkness I have brought upon this world." She said, "That is just one of my powers. Another power I have you witness just a moment ago. All Faeries are able to phase in and out of nature, depending on their nature. I am limited to phasing in and out of the shadows on nature, meaning I cannot phase in and out of a tree with sunlight on it, but the other side I am able to. That is how I was able to move about so quickly." She informed, pointing to the trees to help describe the power.

"But as you command, I'll keep the deaths of your life a secret. As I will keep the rest of my powers a secret from you. I will also obey the commands you give me, unless I find it against my own codes." She continued to tell Heishiro. "But tell me, have you found anything like this among your travels?" She questioned, pulling out the crystal the Raven had given her. The bird began to blare out loudly as she showed it, "Shut up, you damn bird!" She ordered and the Raven obeyed.

When Heishiro saw that evil smirk on Faerin's face, there was a small part of him that immediately began to distrust her, considering the conflict the two had together previously. He honestly did not know why, but even the slightest hint of something foul on a person - be it how they carry themselves, their mannerisms, their look, etc. - always irked him to some degree. But nevertheless, Heishiro had to put up with it for the time being. When she made mentioning of her powers, he glanced around for a moment, silently noting this in his head.

When it came time for her question, Heishiro was a little puzzled at what Faerin meant until he saw it in her hand as she brought it out: Another fragment of Soul Edge! At first, Heishiro showed no emotion at first, but the thought was immediately in his head before he turned his eyes over to Faerin. He was strangely silent for a time as well before he gave his answer, too. "I have." He said quietly, slowly reaching over to the pouch that adorned his hip. "It's here." He added as he opened the small bag and took his piece out next and cautiously held it up.

The Raven cawed and took flight, swooping around Faeren. She noticed this and knew what it was after and grabbed the bird by it's head and neck. It would not be a good idea for the bird to steal the piece that this male had, considering the bird would probably be killed and then she would most likely have to fight as well. Her gauntlet started to glow a faint purple, the Raven squirming in her grasp and she let it go. "Next time I won't stop draining." She warned as the bird dropped to the ground and stood up, flying back up to Faeren's shoulder

"Sorry about that, the bird was about to steal you piece of the sword. Might want to keep it hidden and guarded, at all times." She warned Heishiro. She put her's back up into her armor and shifted the breast plate as she did. "So, where were you heading off to before we introduced our selves?" She questioned, smirking once more, this one hinting at a playful mood now.

When Heishiro spotted the raven react to the piece of the blade he showed to Faeren, the hand that held the piece quickly took it back and placed it back in the pouch before watching it be grabbed by the faerie and be drained only slightly before being dropped to the ground then listened to her comment.

"Yeah. I should probably keep this thing close, as should you with your piece." Heishiro answered with a slow nod of his head and offered her a studious look. "Last thing we need to do is look for that again." He added, narrowing his eyes at her slightly.

"I have no clue what this Raven is, he never tells me but always follows me." She said, looking at the black feathered bird. "He always tries to steal anything relating to this shard." She informed. "Don't worry about me, I only will kill people who show their weakness when they have so much strength." She said with a grin. She then started to walk, "So as long as you expose no weakness, you will live." She said as she passed him, holding her sword tight and her hand at her side. "What were you searching for, Knight?" She questioned, still walking on.​

Heishiro listened to Faeren's explanation of the raven, how she knew nothing of what it was, but knew that it always followed her wherever she went. However, her other explanation of her only killing those that were weaker than her didn't really seem to convince him that he would be any safer.

When it came time to ask him what it was that he was looking for, Heishiro's eyes narrowed slightly before shaking his head. "That's nothing that you should ask about. It's my business and mine alone." He retorted after she spoke, his tone hinting towards giving her a warning. "Besides, it's bad enough you already seem to know everything else about me just by looking in my eyes." He added, aiming his brown irises ahead of him.

She chuckled out. "Well, I'll respect your privacy then, although I have already told you much of my self freely." She said, knowing she didn't have to tell him. "And I only know of your deaths. I might also know who killed them." She said, dragging her voice out as she spoke out. She was referring to his parent's killer, and had a teasing tone to make sure he knew what she was talking about. The Raven cawed out as she finished her statement, and she looked back at it. "Why should I hold that information back you Rot-Eating-Nuisance?" She asked, her tone slightly angered now.

"He has a right!" She said, actually sounding less like a heartless-being now as she argued with the bird. She shook her head as she listened to her own words. "There I go again." She said under a whisper now. "Why must I go by those old rules?" She continued to speak to her self, slightly oblivious to Heishiro and the Raven.​

If there was one other thing that annoyed him to a great deal, was the fact that she mocked his parents' death by acting all sing-songy about it. Heishiro merely casted Faeren an aggravated glare before watching her get into an argument with her raven, shouting at it that he had a right to know.

"What do you know about my parents' murderer?" He asked, his tone suddenly becoming demanding as he began to approach her with that same look in his eye. "You had better spit it out or so help me, I'll beat it out of you!" He growled at her with his eyes narrowed at her bitterly.

She looked at him as he got angered now. She then smirked at his anger and tone. "Do you seriously think I am that subjective to torture? Don't you think a creature like me has had enough training and endurance to with stand any human form of torture or interrogation?" She questioned, still in a mocking tone. "I will tell you about your parent's killer, if only you help me find the other shards of the Soul Edge." She said, grinning widely.

She knew he would do such a simple task for her for such information. "I have no clue the name of the killer, but he is a very deadly enemy. And with your current power, you need much more training to even think of surviving a fight against him. As well with me, I am no match for such a creature." She informed, watching his expressions as she spoke. "He can no longer be considered human anymore with how much he has changed. And you may have even heard of him. He is probably older than even me." She continued, then looked around, hearing a twig break but then went back to Heishiro.

"In fact, he is in search for the same thing we are, having already had position of it once before, in time past. If we can get a hold of it before he does, we will be able to stop him, and even kill him." She said, "But that is all I know of him, if you want more information go and search else where, as you have been doing." She said and started to walk once more. "Come now, we have a long journey ahead of us." She said in her cherry tone once more.

"Not with my methods, you won't." Heishiro answered, narrowing his eyes at her with a look of warning on his face as she continued to mock him. If there was one thing any individual had to know, was that an angry Heishiro was not to be chided even further. Right now, Faeren was doing just that, threatening to provoke him into something that she would one day soon regret. But upon mentioning that she would tell him about the murderer of his family if she could help him in retrieving the infamous blade known as Soul Edge, Heishiro's eyebrows jumped a little bit before he stepped back from her a bit then deciding to put away his frustrations for right now.

"Fair enough, Faeren." Heishiro said again, huffing a bit in aggravation as he then began to walk, his fists held at the sides tightly. "But I'll make this clear to you now. If you even try to stab me in the back, I'll make sure that your death will be a slow and painful one, for I will break each and every bone on your body." He warned again, his voice doing nothing to hide the still bubbling frustrations that were pent up inside of him and readying to be loosened on someone.

She smirked, his frustration getting the better of him again. "I assure you, Heishiro, I have seen much more dangerous ways to kill and torture someone, and many more than that." She stated and continued to walk. "And if I ever attempt to back stab you, either you wouldn't know it was me or you would be too dead to realize it was." She warned and faded into a tree's shadow and back out a few yards ahead of where they were. She would do this until she made it out of the forest and wait for Heishiro to catch up with her, crouching down on the ground and letting the breeze blow through her hair. If not for the killer's aura around her, she may have put off a picture of beauty, but there are those people who find it more beautiful to have such an aura than none at all.

Heishiro would only continue to keep his eyes narrowed at her bitterly then watched as Faeren vanish behind the shadows of the tress and reappear yards ahead of him. He only shook his head at the thought of her trying to sneak up on him to take him out when she knew very well that the last time she tried that move didn't exactly seem to go over so well.

Instead of just taking off after her, Heishiro would instead take his time until he was there beside her several minutes later then stood beside her, remaining perfectly silent.

(Time Skip!)

It had been a couple weeks now since Faeren and Heishiro first start their search for Soul Edge, and Faeren was still a major nuisance, but a necessary one for Heishiro none the less. She had her sword still in hand, resting on her left shoulder, with the Raven on the end of it. She had her other hand just resting at her side, walking just a few paces ahead of Heishiro. She could sense a battle happening further ahead of them and could sense the presence of a great warrior.

"I sense a battle happening ahead of us, and maybe some great warrior might be among them." She informed and started to dash to the hill ridge. When she made it over the ridge she looked down at the 'battle'. It turned out an army of solders were attacking an entire village of peasants and farmers. "Hmm...not very worthy of them to fight such a simple group of people." She said, almost sounding kind but only saying it because the peasants and farmers were too weak to actually fight. She scanned the feild for the warrior until she saw one in the front, commanding many of the troops and fighting many people at once with more ease than anything else.

Several weeks into their travels, Heishiro might have had some aggravations with Faeren here and there, but it was really minute. As a matter of fact, it actually brought a bit of solace having her hang around him and be a pest. It was about the only thing he could tolerate in comparison to how she was when the two met. Sure, some minor threats were made to the other here and there as well as that detestable bird squawking at the both of them, but that's all that happened.

His blade, Silent Moon was still in its sheath and the small pouch that contained the fragment of Soul Edge remained tightly bound to his belt at his waist while his gloved hands hung by his sides as he walked.

Not more than a few minutes later, Heishiro glanced over to Faeren when she mentioned to him that there was a battle and a great warrior head of them. With his eyes narrowed slightly, Heishiro would then move up to where Faeren was and looked ahead. "That's no battle. That's going to be a slaughter." He answered.

When he looked to see the soldiers rushing ahead of them, he also saw that great warrior as well, but he couldn't get an accurate description of him. Turning to Faeren, he said, "We'll need to do something about this. Faeren, you send your bird out to get a look of the warrior, I'll go on ahead. Other than that, you stay put until I give you a shout." He said as he hurried ahead of Faeren.

Faeren listened to Heishiro and then scoffed at his orders. "Yeah, sure, you get to have the fun while I scout around. You heard him bird brain, get to the air." She said as the bird cawed and took flight, scanning the battlefield. She then sat down and laid her sword over her lap, meditating now as she focused her eyesight into the Raven's own vision.

~~~~

The Great Knight started to slaughter more of the 'enemies', wielding two great swords, one in each hand. He also had a very large battle axe on his back and was a good two feet taller than any one of the other soldiers, and his muscular build showed her could crush a person's skull in his fist. He was armored to the bone, with no sign of any openings or crevices within his defenses, aside from the eye holes in his helmet. He swung one of his great swords and leveled out a good seven people, a wide grin on his face. "We kill them all! Leave no survivors! That was our orders men! Live you word out!" The man bellowed, obviously the commander of this army.

Heishiro continued to sprint ahead up until he had heard a scream of seven people be instantly cut short the instant that steel slashed through flesh and bone. Looking in the direction he had heard it from, he would then lay his eyes on the so-called "Great Warrior" that had done the insensible deed not more than a few yards off.

The concept of the deaths of people wasn't anything new to him for he had seen this sort of thing in the past, but the fact that this man was carrying out the murderous ambitions of his master was something that he couldn't just allow. But before he could just leap into the fray, he needed to get a clear idea of what he was supposed to do. Judging from the armaments and defense this warrior was carrying, it appeared as though he was dressed to the nines in weapons and armor and there wasn't much anyone could do pierce through it directly. A frontal assault, Heishiro determined, was absolute suicide. A rear attack was also extremely risky considering the greatswords he carried and the massive battle axe he carried on his back as well.

So where can I attack him from...? He thought as he continued to keep his distance with his teeth tightly gritted in irritation, pondering over his course of action. If he could just get close enough to do any sort of real damage on this guy, he might be able to slow him down. But with what, he wondered. What weapon did he have on him that could be usable for that task?

When he squinted his eyes at him, Heishiro could make out a couple of glints of eyeballs somewhere within that helmet of his. Oh... So there is something to this guy. And if there was anything my drill instructor taught me, is that one of the most important things to a warrior is his vision. If I look for the blind spot on this guy, I just might have him beat. He added to himself as he looked around for a moment, seeing the other soldiers nearby. But with this many eyes nearby, this is going to get a little tricky. He continued before an idea came to him right after he looked up to the sky for a moment in thought.

Of course! I still have Faeren on standby. She might be able to serve me a purpose after all. He grinned to himself in thought as he spotted it. Without a second thought, Heishiro would then lift his hands to mouth after cupping them and imitated a raven's caw up to it, hoping that Faeren would get the idea that he was calling to her.

((I'm gona bring in a second person, if you don't mind that is ^_^
They can be a second main for me or just a secondary))

Faeren's Raven sense connection had caught the caw, and so did the Raven. Are you seriously gona go after this guy? The Raven thought, it's mind connected to Faeren's own at the moment, and the Raven sent out a mimicking caw so that the soldiers down below thought the bird made the same noise two times to make sure Heishiro stayed unnoticed. Yes, I will. I pledged my will to him, and what he wants I will do. Wait! Whats that?! She thought as her and the Raven caught sight of unnatural movement with in the battle, heading through the harmless peasants.

~~~~~~~~~~

She made her dash through the group of people, her long handled weapon with a curved blade at one end, resembling the farmer's tool known as a scythe. Her hair flowed freely behind her, half shining in the sunlight around her, and on odd appendage stuck out from her shoulder blade, made of hard metal. Her scythe blade was huge beyond measure, and the handle looked like it would snap. When she got close to the commanding soldier she stopped for a split second, holding the scythe up like a spear to hold one great sword at bay. "Get out of here, now!" She ordered out, her voice sounding half apathetic, but not as if she wanted it to sound like that, it was like it was made or suppose to sound like that.

As she finished, the men and women around her ran away, the Commander glaring at her. "You'll pay for that, worm." He said, getting ready to swing his other great sword when all of a sudden she moved the metal appendage on her back and a loud clang was heard when the sword hit the metal. "I won't fall so easily as your previous 'enemies', General Keiyuson." She said, pushing off of him and then disappeared from sight, but it wasn't as from speed, she just faded from view. The next moment dust was kicked up as movement went quickly around the General and blood went flying through the air, and around the General's torso, in an arch motion.

As this happened, in the same split second the mysterious women appeared, holding the scythe up at the end of her swing, facing the General's back. The General's body had been cut in a diagonal arch from his lower left side to just below his right shoulder. The Battle axe head fell to the ground, also being cut. She then looked around at the soldiers who were staring at her in amazement. "Leave, I have no need to kill you all." She said and then grabbed on person after putting her scythe on her back, the blade arching around her left side from the bottom left to just behind her head, "Tell your Master that I don't want to see his banner around here ever again, got it?" She ordered the soldier as he began to nod frantically and ran scared.

"You can come out from hiding now...Heishiro." She said with a pause before saying the name. She looked back at where he was hiding, not being a familiar being at all. She was completely foreign to him, and Faeren who she now looked up at the Raven for. "You too, Faeren." She added on, her hand ready to pull her scythe back out at any moment.

~~~~~~~~~~

Faeren watched in amazement as well, seeing this girl defeat a being nearly three to four feet taller than her or so, with much much more muscle build, heavily armored. She defeated him like he was wearing paper weight, not even Faeren could make that feat happen, though she could fell the Great Warrior, but not in this fashion. She then stood up and took her senses and mind out of the Raven and picked up her sword, walking down to Heishiro first and then would follow him if he moved, the Raven still flying around above them.

(Not at all! The more, the merrier! XD)

Heishiro silently prayed that Faeren would get his message before he had made his move, but before he could do so, the next thing that he could hear and bear witness to was a woman brandishing a ridiculously thin but equally large scythe was now carving her way up and down the battlefield before standing in defiance of the so called "Great Warrior". However, just before he was able to tell her to get out of the way and to let him handle this, he would then be treated to another spectacular though very gruesome sight. That very same woman disappeared from his field of vision before reappearing behind him and sent the warrior high into the air then split him cleanly in half before watching it rain blood upon the ground.

When he heard his name being spoken to him, he was half tempted to ask her how she knew him, but he decided against it. Instead, he would then come out of his hiding place and stood there not more than 20 feet away from her with a focused look in his eyes.

Back
Top Bottom