Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Draw your own conclusion (for Tarrakhash and Blurugirl)

Blurugirl

Star
Shahlah Jacobson thought she had a perfect life. Mostly.

25680849-256-k683293.jpg

Granted, her life hadn't started off perfectly, mostly or otherwise. Her father had become enamored with an Iranian man, and Shahlah had been the result of the romance. But the romance quickly devolved into abuse and control from her biological father, who left her mother and her when Shahlah was five,

No problem. When Shahlah was nine, Shahlah's mother would meet the man who would become Shahlah's stepfather.

commander-pixis-9682-normal.jpg

Shahlah loved her stepfather. But she loved all her family. Shahlh's stepfather was a commercial artist who still kept tabs with his classical roots. He was successful enough that he could run his own business out of their office. But he also taught an art history class at the local college, and drew "non-commercially", as he called it. And though Shahlah had no talent of her own, her stepfather made sure Shahlah was still introduced to his world. He had not only taught her about different artists and artistic movements throughout history, but also how to appreciate and critically analyze art as a whole.

Shahlah had a good relationship with her mother. Mostly. Well, Shahalah's felt her slightly nerdy mathlete daughter should be outgoing, and she definitely did not appreciate the mostly frumpy, form hiding clothes her eighteen year old daughter wore. But Shahlah still appreciated her mother. Well, things had become strained between Shahlah's mother and stepfather, and she knew her stepfather spent some nights on the couch in his office, but he always said that was because he was working late. And if the two were having problems, they were going to great lengths not to expose their kids to their marital strife.

And Shahlah adored her little five year old brother. Mostly.

Hunter was blonde and blue eyed (the same as everyone else in the family except Shahlah) and was just as sweet as he could be. He would sit by Shahlah on the couch, cuddle up to her, and ask her for a story if she wasn't busy. Or just sit there and be sweet and good if she was busy.

Hunter was perfect. Mostly.

Except Hunter would draw on anything if given a chance. In response to Hunter's artistic exuberance, the walls were painted with wipeable paints, Hunter was given special crayons, and anything you didn't want drawn on, was locked up and put away. Because Hunter would listen and obey about everything except drawing.

Which is where the story begins.

Shahlah's stepfather would keep his office locked, to ensure that Hunter didn't draw on any of the more expensive books he had on his shelves. In addition, all important papers were kept locked in the bottom drawer of the office.

Shahlah and her mother had keys to the office, and Shahlah went into the office one to use the family printer. While she was printing out a paper due on Monday, she noticed the bottom drawer of the desk was ajar. She was about to close the drawer when a folder in it caughter eye. It was titled "Life Drawings." Shahlah immediately knew that meant Nude Sketches. Although she was a modest young woman (overly modest, in her mother's opinion), Shahlah wasn't shocked about the idea of her father making nude sketches. That's what artists did, after all. She would have been more shocked if her father made landscape paintings. He did have curt words about that sort of thing.

Curious, Shahlah pulled out the folder and began flipping through it. She didn't recognize some of the models, of course, but assumed they were student models her father had met at the college. One of the models, though, looked familiar to Shahlah. It took the teen a few minutes to recognize who the nude woman was in those sketches. It was HER!

Shahal was more than a little shocked that her father has been imagining her nude. Well, he had not only been imagining, he had been mentally airbrushing the nude mental image of his stepdaughter. The young woman in these pictures was gorgeous! It was sort of like the optimized version of what Shahlah thought she could ever aspire to.

Probably the only thing her stepfather had not improved on, Shahlah though with a self-conscious smirk, was the size of Shahlah's breasts in the sketches. But then she couldn't really fault her father on that. After all, with the frumpy clothes she made sure she was wearing any time she stepped out of her room, he had no idea on how to guess. The breasts in the sketches looked to be about a cup smaller than Shahlah's D cup.

Still, the part of Shahlah's mind that her stepfather had trained to look at a drawing analytically thought they were good, if woefully inaccurate. So Shahlah took a couple of post its from the desk, wrote some critiques, attached it to the drawings, then returned them to the bottom drawer. This time, though, she made sure the bottom drawer was locked. Hunter definitely didn't need to get to those pictures!

Chuckling, Shahlah locked up her father's office, headed to her bedroom, did a few things on the compute, then called it a night. At ten o'clock on a Friday night, Shahlah was happily asleep in her own bedroom.

Last edited:
Stephen was at work, finishing a rather boring commercial drawing when his cellphone rang, seeing the name on the phone he smiled, a little surprised Shahlah was calling him at work. But you know he'd always answer,"Hey, Sweetheart, what's going on?"

He listened and chuckled, misunderstanding what she was asking, but understanding the Saturday reference,"Yeah, I'll wrangle your mom around to allow it....and you know she can stay on Saturday if you'd rather spend time with her than your old man." He would be slightly disappointed but she needed friends as well as family,"I can always have the pleasure of drawing Wonder Woman another day, seriously."

"I think you might get your wish sooner than you think," Shahlah laughed. "I'll see you at home. Love ya."

As soon as she hung up the phone she turned to Sarai, "Okay, now we pick costumes. I think Dad still wants Wonder Woman, but I guess mine depends on yours. And you know how I feel about crossovers?"

This got a laugh from Sarai and the two started planning.

------

Friday night came, and Shahlah's mother was civil to Sarai, though just barely. Sarai and Shahlah didn't notice though, as the two were busy exchanging laughs and giggles throughout and afterwards. They gave Hunter plenty of attention, who was lapping it up. The attention seemed to irritate Shahlah's mother, who announced she and Hunter would be gone all day tomorrow, and he should get to bed. Shahlah and Sarai both hugged Hunter good night, then went up to Shahlah's bedroom, laughing all the up the stairs, as they left Shahlah's parents behind.

Stephen waited till Shahlah and Sarai were both upstairs before giving his wife a look that certainly didn't help the peace in the house,"Is it that difficult for you to be nice to her friends? They are her choice, and you need to start respecting them, sooner rather than later she'll be able to leave this house and then you won't be able to control her." Her mother, not in the mood to speak to him in any case walked off in a silent fit of rage and Stephen under the illusion he would be spending tomorrow keeping to his own devices made his way to his office for another lovely night of sleeping alone.

Laying down he was soon fast asleep, he didn't even think about his angry wife this evening.

------

The next day he was up early to send off Hunter and his wife and was soon in his office working at coloring the picture they had made the weekend before, it was about half way complete and since he didn't have Shahlah to cheer him up, he could spend the day looking at a picture of her as he slowly brought it to life with color.

"I'm still not sure," Shahlah said as she eyed her friend in the costume she had picked. "We should have stayed with live action."

"You wanted to be Wonder Woman, and DC isn't like Marvel," Sarai responded "It's cinematic universe is all over the place. Besides, I like being a member of the Green Lantern Corps," she giggled as she made sure her prosthetic pointed ears were firmly on.

latest

Strictly speaking, Sarai would have had to lop off her waist long hair to be a convincing Arisia, and she filled out the young Green Lantern's top more than the animated version of Arisia did, but these weren't points a male observer would object to.

Shahlah's Wonder Woman also had more hair and bosom than the version she was basing herself off of, but again, it was seriously doubtful anyone would cry foul on her either.

wonder_woman_2_gal_gadot_quits_brett_ratner.jpg

Truth be told, both girls were showing more skin than they had ever done before in public, but the comic geek in Sarai was really excited about the prospect of being drawn as one of her favorite characters. Plus, she had known Shahlah's stepfather forever, and the fact Shahlah was comfortable being sketched in skimpy clothing (skimpy by their standards, anyway), made Sarai comfortable. If she knew about how Shahlah's father had used his imagination to draw nude pictures of his stepdaughter, she might have had second thoughts.

Sarai didn't consciously know Shahlah's mother didn't approve of her, but her subconscious did. So she had no problem with waiting for Shahlah's mother to leave the house before the two bounded to the office of Shahlah's stepfather. Shahlah knocked on the door and as soon as her stepfather answered the door she began speaking a mile a minute.

"So Dad I know this our thing but when Sarai saw your steampunk drawing which you totally said I could show to her she got really excited and I am getting to use this costume for free and she knows it's just between the three of us and that the drawings stay in the office and so don't be mad and draw us both please?"

Sarai was nodding emphatically as Shahlah made her impassioned plea.

"Come in.", Stephen replied, taking a piece of paper and putting it over the picture he had been coloring he looked up only to find half the DC universe invading his office and his Stepdaughter spouting off a mile a minute. He waited till she was done, his eyebrow rising slowly a he sat back, stroking his mustache, he gave Shahlah a look that made it clear they'd be talking about this afterwards and then his eyes slid to Sarai and then back to his daughter and for the briefest moment he wondered what he was getting himself into?

If his wife ever found out he'd be done for...and he just couldn't seem to care, so he looked back to the blonde girl and smiled at her softly,"Well....how can I say no when you two have gotten all dressed up and everything. How long have you been working on this plot, Shahlah?" Again the look that indicated that words would be had later on,"Sarai, have you ever modeled before? Or seen anyone do it?"

Shahlah was about to answer, but Sarai cut her off. "It's kind of my fault, Mr. Jacobson. When Shahlah told me she needed a costume, I sort of kept on going at her until she told me what you were doing. And I love what you did with Shahlah's steampunk costume. I mean, next time we got to a Steamcon, you neally need to set up a booth and take orders. I know it wouldn't be like real money to you, but you would be the star of the Con."

"And Sarai told me about how you have to pose and adjust and stuff. I mean, Shahlah and I are both math and science nerds, but she's the art geek, and I'm the comic geek," Sarai continued, which got a HEY from Shahlah and a giggle from both of them. "And I know we keep it a secret among us three, because Shahlah's mom doesn't like the comic or steam scene."

His eyes slid to Sarai as she cut in, a smile curling his lips as he listened stroking his mustache, an amused twinkle in his blue eyes,"Star of the Con? I can just imagine, I'm not sure I can handle the fame, Sarai, I don't think I'm cut out for that kind of thing. I'll be happy to be Shahlah's star for now...but I'll consider your offer." Of course the idea of drawing these two beautiful young woman was appealing, why wouldn't it be? And she had been warned about what he had to do, Shahlah really wanted this if she had done that much work.

"Very good, did you ladies have a scene you wanted me to draw? You going to just stand there, you going to be fighting each other? Striking a heroic pose? Or just want to stand there looking beautiful?", he looked at Shahlah, since she seemed to be the mastermind behind them,"Also, I think I might have to submit this picture to DC...they really need to work on increasing the length of their heroines hair.....I don't think Arisia and Wonder Woman ever looked this good."

"I don't know if Diana and Arisia even know each," Sarai began. "And I guess it depends on whether we're talking Hal or John, and who would be more likely to let Arisia do a stint covering for then in their..."

"Sarai, Oh Em Gee, you are the only person I know who is a bigger geek than me," Shahlah laughed. "Just pose us as you think makes sense, Dad."

Stephen smiled as Sarai went off,"Those are all good questions, but let's assume the comic universe has contrived to have Diana and Arisia in the sagh,me place at the same time, perhaps Diana needed some help dealing with Mars and some of his goons...because the Green Lanterns have always been good at handling goons..." He chuckled and an eyebrow rose,"Ooo, I know, the backdrop in my head is the two of you walking out of an explosion, preferably one you created with bits of a tank flying all over you. Obviously we'll have you side by side..."

He moved closer, starting with Sarai, dropping his hands on her shoulders as he turned her slightly to the side, stopping only long enough to see which hand the ring was on. Again the turn was to make her profile, particularly her hips and her bust, more obvious,"There lift your arm and pull a fist so I can see your ring...because duh, Green Lantern ring...." He reached down and pushed at her thigh,"That leg forward, point the foot towards Shay, that turns your hips....wait..." Putting his hands on her hips he turned them just a little opening her hips to the audience, which would be him.

Then he shifted to Shay,"Right, we've all seen Diana come striding forward so you're going to face straight." He took her shoulders squaring her up, reached down and tapped her one thigh, his face almost smooshed into her back,"Push that leg back, yes..." Tapped the back of the other thigh, just under her rump,"That one forward bend the knee. Hands on hips." He placed her hands on her hips and then moved to the front to look,"Perfect....now just all the little things."

He moved around tugging on the uniforms to get them straight, moving hair around thier necks, shoulders and back to make sure it fell right and then he sat in front of them a big grin on his face,"Great, superheroines in the making!" He pulled out his pad and started sketching, his passion for his work lighting up his face and his eyes studying the two girls with an intensity that would be considered improper in almost any other setting,

"Wow, that was kind of..." Sarai began, after Stephen had finished posing them.

"Shhhh, heroic posing," Shahlah admonished. Sarai stuck her tongue out at her friend, which got a giggle from both of them. Both of them muttered "Sorry" at Stephen, resuming their poses, though after few minutes, one would giggle, then the other.

Stephen let out a mock growl,"Girls...don't make me get Dark Seid!" But he knew they'd play and tease each other, it did mean he had to get up a couple times to readjust them but as always he was pretty quick and it was still light outside when he huffed out a long sigh,"Okay, ladies, come and see what you think?"

The background wasn't more than a rough sketch but the girls were done in precise detail and, in his opinion, looked stunning...he was glad Sarai had come along she was pretty, compliant and fun to be around.

"Oh Em Gee, that is awesome!" Sarai gushed. "I mean, we look like hot superheroines in this picture, not just a couple of geek girls doing cosplay!"

"Well, I'm really curious what the background will look like," Shahlah said.

"Me too!" Sarai chorused. "When do you think you'll get that done, Mr. Jacobson?" Sarai shook her head in disbelief, then turned to Shahlah. "I still can't believe how hot your Dad could make us look. Like Black Widow hot even."

Stephen chuckled at the gushing girl, shaking his head,"Sarai, I'm hoping towards the end of next week...it won't be colored that quick but I'll have the details filled in, depending on work of course."

Chuckling he added,"And as I keep telling, Shahlah, it's not me doing anything.....I just draw what I see. The beauty is coming straight from the two of you! The poses are mine...but that's just taking advantage of the things you guys already have. You are both beautiful, smart girls and I don't want to hear either of you say otherwise."

He raised an eyebrow,"Now, girls, since Mrs. Jacobsen won't be here till later would you like to go out and get some food? Of course you may have to change back if we don't want to be mobbed for autographs."

"Well, I know we have to change out of these clothes before Mrs. Jacobson gets back," Sarai said, trying to skirt the issue that Mrs. Jacobson did not approve of Shahlah's love of cinematic superheroes and other geekiness (which Sarai subconsciously knew applied to her as well), "And if Diana doesn't mind putting up sword and shield and putting an apron over her borrowed Amazonian glory---" Shahlah stuck her tongue out at Sarai "---we could kick dinner for you, Mr. Jacobson, and you could tell me more about life drawings. Shahlah says you have to understand the underlying structure of muscles and sinews?"

As the buxom blonde teen talked, she headed into the pantry and grabbed two aprons, putting one over her costume and tossing the other to Shahlah.

"Thank you, Sarai, that would be lovely...", and this was exactly why he approved of her friendship with Shahlah, such a nice girl although that thought got stomped in a moment and his eyes swiveled to Shahlah as he asked,"Life Drawings? You mean drawing the human anatomy?"

Like naked? How had this magically come up?

He played it as cool as he could, a slightly forced laugh,"Well, remember I am a lecturer, you sure you want to hear me droning on about how skin is not the flat surface that people think it is and why skeletal structure is the true definition of beauty?"

"Well, of course skn is not a flat surface," Saria responded, with the "Duh" unsaid but plainly implied. Shahlah did a half eye roll in unison. "Every seemingly two dimensional object is in reality three dimensional, since it's affected by so many things, such as gravity, underlying mass, and on and on, That's just basic topology and..."

"You know," Shahlah countered, "There is a theory that reality is two dimensional, and how we interact with it is a three-dimensional illusion, A hologram,."

"We'll talk about your holodeck delusions later," Sarai responded, and Shahlah tossed a ;potholder at her friend in response. "I mean, Mr. Jacobsn, me and Shahlah could construct a mathematical model of the human body, and discuss the subsystems such as skin, but what I'm really interested in as how an artist perceives it," The girls were raiding the refrigerator as they talked, putting different items on the kitchen counters.

Sarai held up her hand. "I guess what I'm asking is, let's say, like, you drew my hand." Sarai inspected her nails and grimaced. "I have to start learning not to chew on them."

"Me and you both," Shahlah agreed, putting a pot on the stove and adding water.

"So I could talk about muscle and bone structure and such, but what do you see and have to know when you draw my hand?" Sarai asked.

Stephen chuckled as the two girls geeked out, okay maybe Shahlah hadn't said anything about the drawings and it was just these two smart cookies being fascinated,"Well, good news is a good artist nows how to minimize the chewed nail effect but yes you could most certainly work on that."

Smiling he leaned forward and caught Sarai's hand in his,"First is the underlaying structure, which as you said you know, he traced the bones in her hand,"Your bones actually decide how beautiful you are, at least the Greeks believed that because they determine ratios of limb length and movement arcs."

His fingers squeezed down and pushed on a tendon in her thumb,"Once you can see the ratio, it's making sure you understand the connections and where they start. You've all seen the wierd hands some people draw that's because they think thumbs and fingers are connected at the base of the palm....as I'm sure you guys know they actually connect to the wrist."

He let go of her hands and pointed at Shahlah's legs,"Next is color and tone....Shahlah is very difficult to draw because of the darkness of her skin that's hard to portray in two dimensional media and that's really the real skill."

Stephen nattered on, pointing out the techniques he needed to use to look at their legs and arms to draw them correctly and only when he started discussing the difficult of curves and the shadows they cast did he pause and stop, clearing his throat a little as he realised he had been pointing at Shahlah's breasts to explain that point and he smiled,"And...maybe that's where I should stop....legs and arms was likely a good point, in hindsight."

Sarai blushed as Stephen took her hand, but nodded as he lectured on. When he began pointing to Shahlah's breasts, both girls turned crimson.

Shahlah was willing to let the point drop, because she knew all these points but Sarai, who was just as shy and as easily embarrassed as Shahlah, was also more than a little curious.

"So, as I understand it," Sarah began. "when you're drawing my hand, part of you is also imagining all those underlying subsystems. Does that mean that, when you were drawing us in costume, part of you was imagining us naked?"

"Sarai!" Shahlah was beet red, partly because she was embarrassed at such a frank question being asked of her father, bu also partly because she knew the answer.

"It's just a question," Sarai said defensively. "And it's just us, and I KNOW this talk and stuff isn't shared with anybody, especially your Mom."

Stephen cleared his throat, blushing as well his pale skin giving him away as easily as Sarai,"Well the correct answer is I see you as a complex system of muscles, bones and flesh....but the answer you're dangling for, Sarai, is yes. I can't just know that your shirt or skirt hangs a certain way I have to know why....."

He shook his head,"And you shouldn't be asking questions like that. Especially since you already knew the answer, Sarai, you're a smart girl....now is there a reason behind all this questioning, Sarai, or are you just having fun at my expense?" He wasn't mad, but he didn't like feeling she was trying to get a reaction.

"Well, I guess I knew the answer, after your explanation, but it's one thing knowing it, and then another having it out there," Sarai said, also blushing. "And I guess we'll get to cooking. So we'll call you when you're finished.

Shahlah's face was a dark red, and she was definitely thinking of some of Stephen's imaginings. Ones she definitely had not told Sarai about. And she hoped Sarai never asked if Stephen had ever drawn any of his imaginations.

The two girls focus on their cooking, although there was a stilted flow to their conversations, as they each thought about the answer Stephen had given.

They were not the only one left stewing in their thoughts he waited a polite amount of time and then excused himself,"I'm going to go start on that background....call me when the food is ready." As he got up his eyes slid along the legs and curves that he could see under aprons and relatively skimpy costumes.

Shaking his head he sat in his office. What was he doing? This was going to be a problem if anyone found out about the conversation. While he didnt do anything wrong it was thier word against him....no, no he trusted these girls. His concerns were out of guilt....because there certainly were images of the two of them nude dancing through his head and he certainly couldn't claim they were purely artistic in nature.

Too much time with Shay....maybe he needed to skip a week..maybe two? The warning sign should have been there, he was happy with skipping? He should have been thinking of stopping it altogether and he wasn't.

The girls were, if not one hundred percent comfortable with each other or the question that had been asked earlier, were getting there. By the time that had finished cooking a dinner of veggie sauce spaghetti, cheese stuffed mushrooms and garlic bread, they were back to their mostly normal selves. The pair were talking about SteamCon, six months away, when they called for Shahlah's dad to join them at the dining room table,

"I like being an explorer," Shahlah said, as they put the dishes on the table, "But I'd rather be an engineer. We could come up with some type of steam engine robot or something."

"Well, the robot wouldn't be a problem," Sarai said. "Just converting it into realistic steampunk imagery would be another matter."

"We have six months," Shahlah countered.

Sarai seemed unconvinced, then turned toward Stephen. "Maybe your Dad could help us with the initial concept art?"

"Do you think you could, Dad?" Shahlah asked eagerly. "If we gave you dimensions and ideas and all that?"

Stephen came through when called, grabbed a beer out of the fridge and sat down, cracking open the beer he relaxed a little as they talked like nothing had happened and he looked over the food,"That looks great girls......wow garlic bread? I love that stuff."

Thier question brought a murmured assent as he bit into the garlic bread,"Yeah...I can...depending on work....I have a guy with a 3d printer if you need some bits printed for your costumes or your robot bits....that might help...."

The less he thought about them being naked the better, maybe the robot could be his excuse,"I mean drawing it would take up time but I can use the Saturday's I typically do my own play stuff then."

"Speaking of Saturdays," Sarai began, "If you don't mind, I have an idea for drawings you could do."

"No!" Shahlah said, explosively.

"You haven't even heard my idea," Sarai said.

"But I know what it is, and the answer is definitely no." There was a very uh-Shahlah like angry undertone in Shahlah's answer.

"You're just being like that because of your Mom," Sarai retorted. "I'm going to float the idea to your father, and see what he thinks,"

Shahlah crossed her arms and pouted, but made no other response.

"Our crowd isn't going to the prom," Sarai began explaining to Stephen. "It's just going to be the usual suspects there. My uncle and aunt are going to close the store early and host us there. However, I think my aunt would like to see me in a prom dress, or a facsimile thereof, and I was going to get photos and had tried to talk Shahlah in doing it, but after seeing what you did with us as superheroines, I was thinking maybe you might think about drawing us---"

"You!" Shahlah interjected.

"Us," Sarai repeated, staring down her friend. "Something for my aunt. Well, technically greataunt, but she's been taking care of me forever. I'm the reason why they converted one of their stories to a comics and costume store. Anyway, my aunt would love a picture like that, and I bet you would like one of Sarai, and it would be one you could keep locked away and not Shahlah's mother see so she doesn't think she's converted Shahlah to the dark, fashionable side." The last part was directed at Sarai, who actually snorted/laughed at the "dark, fashionable side" comment.

"I mean, I don't think we could get dresses by next weekend," Sarai conceded, "And anyway, prom is months away, but still, would you be interested?"

A lot of the open hostility had faded from Shahlah's features as she looked to see what her father's answer would be.

Stephen listened and was smiling by the end, he really needed to not be drawing attractive young girls unsupervised but the thought of a picture of Shaylah in formal wear that he could keep he raised a finger,"My drawing is not mine to give away, can I do this drawing yes, but only if Shahlah wants to. If she's not in I'm not drawing her...."

And it's likely not wise to draw someone he didn't know as well as her unsupervised as well. It's easy to trust Shahlah, and he did actually trust Sarai, but he wasn't going to split the hairs for the girls,"So it's up to her."

Back
Top Bottom