Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Role Play Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that would be awful, I'd never want to mix those together. I did have someone annoyingly put 'bump' messages in our IC game recently, so that was really bad, but on top of that they were doing it after very short intervals which is really unreasonable. Give it at least 3 days before poking someone, geez.

Oh, that would be awful, I'd never want to mix those together. I did have someone annoyingly put 'bump' messages in our IC game recently, so that was really bad, but on top of that they were doing it after very short intervals which is really unreasonable. Give it at least 3 days before poking someone, geez.
I mean I understand some use it to deal with their issues or have been dropped in the past but when your constantly bugged to reply, your muse is at its lowest. You refrain from replying because you don’t wanna miss a character or give them total crap, so on. Like I said rping is my escape from reality, my own mental issues but prior events brought them on. That’s why I started rping again.

Well I hadn't been enjoying the RP as much as I thought I would to begin with so the extra constant bumping was definitely not a help to regain interest. I'm usually willing to try a different game if one or both of us isn't feeling it with the one we have going, though.

My one pet peeve would be people who spend hours plotting an idea with you. Spam you with photos, inspiration, music etc and get you all excited. And then you write a sensible starter as agreed upon, and bam. They vanish. I’m a patient player and I can wait days / weeks for a response in some valid cases, provided it’s communicated to me rightly. The whole... building it up and letting it down, grinds my gears.

That used to happen the me all the goddamn time on Elliquiy. At least on here I usually don't get that far in the planning stages before someone ditches.

1) Not having my RT read. I've had people message me with off the wall 'hey wanna take two pictures and see where it goes?' No, sir, I do not. Related to this, asking me to negotiate my hard no's. If my thread says I won't, don't ask.
2)Agreeing with all the previous comments about weird text colors.
3)Replying in a way that either ignores something from my post, or contradicts it in a way that makes zero sense.
4)Pushing smut when it was made clear the focus was on the story first.
5)**This one just destroys me. Don't send me the longest, most in depth sample of your work you have to get my attention, then proceed to give me nothing to work with, then harass me for replies.

I'm sure there's a lot more, but that's what I can think of first thing in the morning.

i dislike the fact that my ability to rp is inconsistent as all hell and that i hardly have any time to roleplay. also when i want to roleplay and i'm too busy with university to actually roleplay.

I have one more. It’s more of pet peeves in roleplay requests than the actual roleplay in itself. People that send over two page long messages with their whole roleplaying history and ideology, without any reference to your RT or anything that made them write to you. It always makes me go “wtf”. It’s like you pull up the first ten bumped RTs and just copy paste your “cover letters”. Annoys the ever living Crap out of me.

This one only pertains to people new to the site, where they have no posting history apart from their request threads. If the request thread is really well-put-together and articulate but their replies when you PM them are lacking in proper punctuation and structure, it does cause one to wonder whether the request thread is of their own making, but you can't find any in-character posts of theirs on the site because they're brand new to it. I really don't like having to ask for a writing sample of theirs because again, like with the request thread, you don't know whether they wrote it and frankly it's dry and boring most of the time since it's not from the plot you wanted to do with them. It should be reasonable enough to at least ask them to start the RP so if they're unwilling, disregarding your rationale for requesting they do that courtesy, that is very irritating. Why should I spend the time and effort on an intro if I don't know whether you're going to give me something that is so bad it's not capable of sustaining the game? I have lots of posts my partners can reference so I don't copy-paste them, I just link them to what I've written with someone because they'll have an entire ongoing RP to show I'm active and repeatedly provide that quality. It's not unfair for me to ask for something I'm capable of providing in return and it shows an uncooperativeness and laziness on their part.

I hate it when your partner wants to build a world with you and then finds a way to shoot down all of your ideas. It's like, why am I here and what am I contributing? Tell your own story.

That’s why I tend to shy away from approaching anyone who doesn’t list at least a few plots in their request thread because listing only kinks or pairings doesn’t really give me an idea of what they’re actually looking for and I don’t want to waste time detailing a plot to pitch only to have it go all wrong because they were too vague about what they were hoping for.

One thing that really annoys me is someone riding a really short response when I've put in the effort to write paragraphs and paragraphs. It takes me awhile. And it's annoying when someone kind of just ignores my work?

People who message you asking if you'd like to roleplay, but when you ask them what they'd like to have in the roleplay (kinks, plot, plot elements, theme, ect) they just say "idk" and make no effort to think of anything and just wait for you to do all the work.

I think my new pet peeve is people who respond to things that don’t really require a response. I just wanna...
giphy.gif

Constantly being asked how I’m doing etc because I’m not replying in a timely matter, I’m sorry if I don’t share my personal life with everyone I talk to. But having people check up me 247 because they think I lost interest or whatever is annoying as hell.

OOC additions to the story. There is nothing that grinds my gears more than when people post OOC stuff in a thread or PM meant for the story. Like I have an inbox like everyone else and I will read the PM just as fast as if you add (was it good?) or (Is that sexy?) right after the post. Could you imagine getting to the end of the page in a book and there next to the page number sits a (so am I a good Author or what?)

It isn't even about the questions itself it's just the misplaced triggers me beyond reason. That one gets me worse than being ghosted >__> even though I know it is very irrational of me.

I would think having the RP done in a thread would cut down on that particular problem but maybe not.

Wow, that’s a new one.
I’ve seen a few cases where one player is expecting the other to do a second RP along with the one they want, to accommodate an RP the first one wants so that each player is playing a game and/or character they don’t want to in order to get an RP they DO want. This shouldn’t be a transactional process!

When someone replies to ooc only to tell you they wanna back out, tell you that it’s not you they enjoy writing with you but wanna do so at a later date. you distinctly feel like your the problem even though they said you weren’t, you thought things were moving great but apparently not fast enough in the rp department. I mean seriously is my character just supposed to immediately jump their bones? He’s a shifter who’s been waiting for his mate, finally finds her in a new girl in the town he lives in. I mean seriously despite it being mating season he’s not a damn Sex fiend, believes in respect.

That feels more like it’s something that was not properly discussed beforehand. I’ve lost numerous prospects in OOC over those and other disputes but it’s better than getting the first post done and putting in that effort for nothing.

That feels more like it’s something that was not properly discussed beforehand. I’ve lost numerous prospects in OOC over those and other disputes but it’s better than getting the first post done and putting in that effort for nothing.
It didn’t even reach the second page..... I mean really? Sorry if my posts aren’t like six paragraphs long, I can post that but to be perfectly honest the others were hard to read due to colors. I barely use italics or bold when I’m rping so colors that barely stick out amongst a blue background make my eyes hurt.

Yeah, when I RP I want it to look like I’m reading a book. I don’t need colors for emphasis or to denote who’s speaking. At best using bold, italic and underlines or all caps should suffice for differentiation.

Yeah, when I RP I want it to look like I’m reading a book. I don’t need colors for emphasis or to denote who’s speaking. At best using bold, italic and underlines or all caps should suffice for differentiation.
It’s even sadder when you realize you were the only other person they were rping with, you just was a go okay wtf? I mean their are servers specifically for one on one rping if you don’t wanna rp with others but to start a thread rp then back out before it can get to the good parts is just ugh.

You're making it very obvious who you are talking about Shadow, is that any way for anybody here to behave? And a greeter too? They didn't enjoy the roleplay and they told you so instead of ghosting you, show a little decorum. What more could you ask for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom