Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Nana stared at him for a moment before she realized her vision was growing blurry, only this time with tears. She had bandages on her scrapes and her arm was in a cast, a few IVs in her arm. She cried silently, so relieved to see Motochika, so glad that he had come.

He roused slowly, as if he heard her sniffling and hiccuping from his sleep, "Nana...?" He asked softly, "Hey, you ok...?" He sat up slowly, looking concerned.

“I was so scared..” She whispered, her bruised and swollen eyes leaking tears rapidly. “I thought I was going to die... That if never see you again..!”

"Hey, hey..." He moved and carefully cupped her cheeks, "I would have never stopped until I found you. I looked everywhere for you, I never stopped looking.."

Nana’s face twisted and her lower lip quivered. “I know... I knew you’d be the one to find me..” she put her hands over his, knuckles split and palms scrapped.

Nana wiped at the tears in her eyes with the back of her hand, nodding as she sniffed more.

There was a gentle knock on the door and Motochika looked back as it opened. Two doves walked in, and he forced himself to stay calm. They were trained to sniff out ghouls, and if they found out about him...
"Please forgive us for intruding on your recovery. I am investigator Kokubu Morishige, and this is my partner, Katakura Kojurou."
"Hajimemashite." Kojurou bowed respectfully amd Motochika scowled lightly.
"She isn't well enough to talk to you. Go away."

Nana put a hand on Motochika’s, giving her head a small shake. “It’s ok, I can talk to them.”

He nodded, "Do you want me to stay?"
"We'll have to ask you to leave." Kojurou said politely, "It's a private conversation, confidential."

He didn't want to leave her alone with a couple doves but he didn't have a choice. He kissed her hand gently and left without a word.
"We would first like to apologize for the horrible acts committed against you." Morishige began.

She suddenly felt her smile drop from her face, and she could no longer bring herself to state directly at the two men. “Well, it’s over isn’t it..?” She muttered softly.

"It is," Kojurou assured, "but we just wanted to make sure there was nothing more to it." Nothing more? Like she had planned to be kidnapped from her home?

She shook her head. “I don’t understand, what else is there? Did you... did you catch them?”

"There was nothing left to find." Morishige answered, "Their bodies were nearly mulched." Mulched? But it was just Motochika, wasn't it? Did they turn on each other and he just found them like that?

Nana’s brows furrowed in confusion, shaking her head a little. “I’m sorry... I only saw those three until then...”

"May we ask what it is they did with you? Did they tell you their intentions?" Kojurou asked, "We understand this is difficult so please take your time."

Nana felt her palms growing sweaty, her heart beating in her chest. “They took me right outside my home- they had been following me and harassing me; I thought they’d go away if I ignored them. I never thought they were ghouls.” She kept her eyes down as she spoke. “They drove me around in a van for a few days, I don’t know where...”

She gripped the fabric of her hospital gown, her mouth twisting into a scowl. “They wanted to... play with me... then eat me... alive..!”

Back
Top Bottom