Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Seeking suggestions on improving RT appeal

MissShelby

Cheerful Chatterbox
Each of my threads apply, but to supply my most recent one, see here: Fx Female - Little Miss Gina

I'm aware of some general stuff that needs to be included. Preferred writing medium, the character I intend to play, and so on. Suggestions on that front are welcome as well.

What I'm mostly looking for though are stylistic suggestions. Formatting, writing style, etc. How to best market the thread and appeal to the reader. How to help it stand out rather than blend in.

I suppose a secondary request would be for suggestions as far as plot holes in the writing are concerned. I don't think it's a wise idea to constrain the story completely within the confines of realism, but it has to have continuity too.

I would suggest breaking it up more, overall it comes at you like a wall of text. I like to keep things simple and on point when generating an RT especially when its one idea. The background is nice, but feels unnecessary if you just want t put the idea out, think of it like fishing put the juicy bit out as bait and reel them in with the details. Putting parts of the background, history, and details of the idea in Spoiler tags so they are hidden and leave the page a little cleaner, then let anyone interested delve into the background if they want.

RT's are hard. Keep up the good work!

think of it like fishing put the juicy bit out as bait and reel them in with the details

Interesting perspective! I'll keep that in mind. I knew that the length of the post was likely intimidating, but I think my "main thread" is the opposite extreme - too brief.

Will think about this and see what I come up with. Thanks!

A lot of people use face claims or pictures of example characters. I don't know if it actually helps get partners, but I remember those threads more.

A lot of people use face claims or pictures of example characters. I don't know if it actually helps get partners, but I remember those threads more.

I actually used to do that, but in what little feedback I was ever able to get, found that many prospective partners seemed not to like the examples I gave. Would you suggest that I...

1.) Offer more than one example for each role (say, 3?)

2.) Offer one example for each role, but maybe poll which one would be best somewhere in this section?

Hmmm, Pictures can be a double edged sword. I suggest 1.) Offer more than one example for each role. (Say 3)

I tend to respond to other people's threads instead of post my own threads. I check the original poster's F-list or kink listing to see if we are sexually compatible.

Hmmm, Pictures can be a double edged sword. I suggest 1.) Offer more than one example for each role. (Say 3)

I tend to respond to other people's threads instead of post my own threads. I check the original poster's F-list or kink listing to see if we are sexually compatible.

Tastes vary so I suppose that's best. I'll give it a shot for my next update. It's still relatively unpopular. I was getting the impression that FxF isn't that common on BM but maybe it's just a difference in types of writers. The same thread formats on different forums won't necessarily have the same results.

Just edited the thread. It's not perfect but it's a start. Went with 3 face claims for the character I intend to play. Went with 5 face claims for the character I'd like my partner to play but also left it open to suggestion. Could probably give more info but as I said, it's a start.

in my experience the more specific the rp, the harder it is to get replys. From What I see, there is no room for creativity, or for it to be a give and take type rp. You want what you want and thats it. Those can work, but only if the person you are rp'ing with is committed to giving you what you want. Otherwise, we dont get anything in return.... so ask your self hat would you be willing to compromise in your rp?

in my experience the more specific the rp, the harder it is to get replys. From What I see, there is no room for creativity, or for it to be a give and take type rp. You want what you want and thats it. Those can work, but only if the person you are rp'ing with is committed to giving you what you want. Otherwise, we dont get anything in return.... so ask your self hat would you be willing to compromise in your rp?

I try to make it a point to highlight that any and all of my suggested storylines are open to suggestion or change. But I can see what you mean. I suppose there's a balance to be maintained between using ideas to grab others' attention, and coming off as overcommitted to a specific flow to the story. Meaning that the perfect balance exists somewhere between offering a simple pairing of roles with no substance, versus throwing too many ideas at somebody at once.

My short format stories in my main thread come to mind as being a possible answer to this. But those haven't been all that popular on here either. So maybe even those are too much. Or maybe they just miss the mark.

Well I would go more with asking for input rather than just expecting them to flesh out your story.... a good exaple is you wanting to impose a dress code... what about imposing a work clothing allowance and then approving or disapproving their choices and having consequences? that might make them want to please you with you dress code, also they might come up with outfits that you haven't thought of that might work....

That's actually an interesting suggestion. I mean yes. It's obvious that fielding input is important. But to add some open endedness to the suggestions I'm making is another form of it that I don't think I'm currently leaving much room for. Thanks for the suggestion :)

I have another question. What do you think about titles? Would you say it's better to just put the pairing in the title, or do you think it's better to have some kind of themed title that's specific to the plot?

well just like a book a title can grab you. But i think catching them with what you are looking for is more important. I like the prefix for using pairings... are you ok with different pairings? or must it be mxf only those type of grabs can be done by the prefix. After that a title can lure someone in... Like i would suggest something alone the lines..."The imitation game" Or "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery " or how about "Anything I can do... could you do it better?" Something that grabs them, then I think its ok to outline what you are looking for... but most people I have found want to be selfish a bit... thats ok roll with it... discuss things like "If I let you be selfish here.. could we trade off by doing it my way here?"

Hmmm. It'll take some significant reworking I think. I have two long format stories that I think will need to be completely gutted if I was going to make them work that way. I may just be better off starting from scratch. And if being over specific is a problem then I think it may be best to do away with long format stories altogether.

I do have some ideas in mind.

Very detailed suggestions can also bring you someone who wants just the same. It's delicate. Just found someone who had the very same ideas about a certain pairing and how would he have known I do too without that thread?

Don't be too specific unless you're willing to wait a while to find interest, keep your options open and be a little varied even. That being said, don't leave out your niche tastes. Don't make your search for a one armed, sentient toaster with a foot fetish the only thing in your thread but by all means have it in there, because you never know.

Back
Top Bottom