Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Seeking suggestions on improving RT appeal

MissShelby

Cheerful Chatterbox
Each of my threads apply, but to supply my most recent one, see here: Fx Female - Little Miss Gina

I'm aware of some general stuff that needs to be included. Preferred writing medium, the character I intend to play, and so on. Suggestions on that front are welcome as well.

What I'm mostly looking for though are stylistic suggestions. Formatting, writing style, etc. How to best market the thread and appeal to the reader. How to help it stand out rather than blend in.

I suppose a secondary request would be for suggestions as far as plot holes in the writing are concerned. I don't think it's a wise idea to constrain the story completely within the confines of realism, but it has to have continuity too.

ShadowsLitany

Lurker in the Shadows
Welcoming Committee
I would suggest breaking it up more, overall it comes at you like a wall of text. I like to keep things simple and on point when generating an RT especially when its one idea. The background is nice, but feels unnecessary if you just want t put the idea out, think of it like fishing put the juicy bit out as bait and reel them in with the details. Putting parts of the background, history, and details of the idea in Spoiler tags so they are hidden and leave the page a little cleaner, then let anyone interested delve into the background if they want.

RT's are hard. Keep up the good work!

MissShelby

Cheerful Chatterbox
think of it like fishing put the juicy bit out as bait and reel them in with the details
Interesting perspective! I'll keep that in mind. I knew that the length of the post was likely intimidating, but I think my "main thread" is the opposite extreme - too brief.

Will think about this and see what I come up with. Thanks!

Zeth

Supernova
A lot of people use face claims or pictures of example characters. I don't know if it actually helps get partners, but I remember those threads more.

MissShelby

Cheerful Chatterbox
A lot of people use face claims or pictures of example characters. I don't know if it actually helps get partners, but I remember those threads more.
I actually used to do that, but in what little feedback I was ever able to get, found that many prospective partners seemed not to like the examples I gave. Would you suggest that I...

1.) Offer more than one example for each role (say, 3?)

2.) Offer one example for each role, but maybe poll which one would be best somewhere in this section?

Zeth

Supernova
Hmmm, Pictures can be a double edged sword. I suggest 1.) Offer more than one example for each role. (Say 3)

I tend to respond to other people's threads instead of post my own threads. I check the original poster's F-list or kink listing to see if we are sexually compatible.

MissShelby

Cheerful Chatterbox
Hmmm, Pictures can be a double edged sword. I suggest 1.) Offer more than one example for each role. (Say 3)

I tend to respond to other people's threads instead of post my own threads. I check the original poster's F-list or kink listing to see if we are sexually compatible.
Tastes vary so I suppose that's best. I'll give it a shot for my next update. It's still relatively unpopular. I was getting the impression that FxF isn't that common on BM but maybe it's just a difference in types of writers. The same thread formats on different forums won't necessarily have the same results.

MissShelby

Cheerful Chatterbox
Just edited the thread. It's not perfect but it's a start. Went with 3 face claims for the character I intend to play. Went with 5 face claims for the character I'd like my partner to play but also left it open to suggestion. Could probably give more info but as I said, it's a start.

in my experience the more specific the rp, the harder it is to get replys. From What I see, there is no room for creativity, or for it to be a give and take type rp. You want what you want and thats it. Those can work, but only if the person you are rp'ing with is committed to giving you what you want. Otherwise, we dont get anything in return.... so ask your self hat would you be willing to compromise in your rp?

Top Bottom