Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Night Without Stars (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

She hiccuped and grabbed the polished moonstone necklace around his neck, "My marriage gift...I was proposing to you...!" She said weakly, "But you didn't answer, I thought..." The whole camp was silent as they watched, concerned how this would turn out.

He made a noise before he quietly took her hand and placed the band around her ring finger. He said quietly. "I suppose great minds really do think alike.."

She started crying again, smiling and laughing as she chanted "Yes" over and over again. The whole camp erupted in hollars and cheers as Satlyn kissed Hulara happily.

She stayed beside him the whole time, even slept with him in his tent. It was like heaven.

Satlyn smiled softly and put the necklace away before she stood. Maybe she could do something nice for him when he came home. Their anniversary was soon, maybe she could treat him to something nice? She made a noise and decided to change into one of her nicer dresses for him. She blushed softly and smoothed it out. Would he like it?

Hulara was on the long hike home, after an extended stay in the rainy forests out near Falkreath. Not a pleasant stay.

She had no idea when he was bound to come home, he had left on an expedition and said he would be back in a couple days. She could start something to simmer, at least.

"Oh!" Satlyn gasped in alarm and came out with her cleaver, but relaxed when she saw it was Hulara. "Goodness! Welcome home, husband! Did you enjoy your little adventure?" She greeted brightly.

"Miserable, rainy little place full of borderline despicable nords." He grunted before moving to kiss her gently.

"I don't think I would get a warm welcome in Black Marsh but we can always try to visit." She told him, petting his feathers gently.

She moved away and went back to the kitchen. Why was she dressed up, he wondered. "Well, you still have a couple weeks on your leave, you can always just stay home with me~"

"I suppose I could.." he said. He made a noise and pondered it for a moment. "Say.. Satlyn, darling, why are you dressed up? Not that I mind, I'm just wondering.." he said.

"O-Oh..." He actually noticed. She blushed softly and smiled as she played with her dress, "Well, I just...I found the moonstone that I made for your marriage gift and I thought...well, you won't be here for our anniversary so I thought we could have it early.."

She smiled more and twirled gently as she finished cooking dinner. He was a little mudcrabby but that was ok; she knew how to help him unwind.

He huffed and drank a bit as he tried to reread some of his favorite stories, but the entire time had been such a mess.

A goblet of bloodwine was placed gently beside his book and Satlyn kissed his cheek gently before retreating.

Not too long after, she placed a plate with a rare cooked thick slab of steak with a fresh cut of her home churned butter, a baked ash yam, and roasted vegetables. She even refilled his wine.

Back
Top Bottom