Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fire & Rain: An Avatar AU (Frozen Princess & LadyWolfie)

Lumikki joined Haruko at the wall after being all but dismissed for inclusion at the front. "Chief Arnook is arguing the point he specifically said ALL benders." She sighed as she looked down from the wall as she learned on it. "I still believe in you. I believe you'll get it all back, and the Moon spirit will smile on you because of your desire to protect. That's why I told my plan anyway. Heh. Ironically, I have enough confidence we can still drive them back somehow, that there's spare for you if I could transfer it. I don't know if you heard..." She stopped as the debate became heated on Pakku's end, not wanting any of the three overly emotional girls or the kid anywhere around him, and he wouldn't bail out any of them. It ended with a dismissal from the chief and three well aimed snowballs from team Avatar. Yue actually giggled about this. One more attack came as a bucket of water suddenly lost it's contents all over Pakku, who glared Lumi's way, only to see her whistling softly to herself while looking at Haruko. Team Avatar and Yue found that hilarious. Even the Chief smirked. Fuming, Pakku stormed off, at least his plan was the one implemented, and Haruko admitted he was right. Two-fold win for him. His last.

"What can we expect from these trespassers, Haruko?" It was the chief who watched Lumikki facepalm. He raised an eyebrow with a bemused expression, but ignored that to focus attention on the only one in the group with inside knowledge.

Haruko glanced at Lumikki as she spoke, "You don't even know me, nor have you seen me bend, aside from a very small amount." she replied simply, as she kept her eyes towards the horizon. If she hadn't recognized Pakku's voice she might have turned to see what the commotion was but as she had heard his voice she didn't bother to look. "Even when he gets his way he whines like a child. In the Fire Nation he would be challenged to an Agni Kai by now..." she commented as she shook her head slightly. She was starting to think about the upcoming battle and how she could help, without her bending she would have to rely on her other skills, like swords and spears. It wouldn't be an easy fight no matter what plans they came up with. Zhao was known for being aggressive, even over aggressive and didn't control his Firebending. There would be a lot of collateral damage as a result of the fight. That was if Zhao got his hands dirty and actually fought himself, which she doubted would happen. As she heard the Chief she stood up straight and turned to face the man.

"Well, if it is Zhao, which I'm sure it is, he will be aggressive. He'll start with a bombardment to weaken any defenses then he'll likely ram the wall with his ships and send in his troops that way rather then wait to destroy the wall with firebombs. Zhao doesn't contain his firebending so if he joins the fight in person expect a lot of collateral damage. While he's not subtle, he wouldn't attack without some kind of plan, I expect he's got some kind of trump card. If he has any smart commanders with him, he'll stop his attack when the moon rises. Any competent commander knows Waterbenders are strongest under the moon. But it's Zhao so you can probably expect him to continue the attack as long as he can and as long as he has the advantage. He won't try to wait us out, he'll want a quick and decisive victory." she replied calmly as she watched the Chief reaction to her words. While she could guess at Zhao's plans she didn't know he knew where the ocean and moon spirits lived so she didn't know he planned to kill the moon spirit. "If there is anything here Zhao can used to his advantage and he knows about it, he will most assuredly try." she added just to be safe. At this point that was all she could think of, anything else and she would have to spend much more time figuring it out.

For now though she expected it would be a waiting game, until the first ships arrived. For now it was the calm before the storm, the part she hated most. Just waiting for the enemy to come to them, and no possible way to escape other then to win the battle. She hoped fate, and the spirits were on their side today.

The Chief seemed to ponder the options he may think he had very carefully, and for an extended period. Finally, he said, "Lumi, I want you and your double whip on the far wall," he pointed to where the garden that held two certain fish were, and where Aang was headed. "Defend with every fiber of your being as you know what's at stake." Lumi nodded, and was off. He looked at some of the men and directed them to take strategic positions around the city. Soon only Katara, Haruko and he remained with a few other strong men. "Knowing Pakku, he went to the main wall to oversee that, which leaves the rest of us to defend the palace..." He had been looking around. "Where's Aang?" He frowned, sighed and said, answering his own question, "Off to do an Avatar thing, I'd imagine. During the battles, Haruko, you can give us pointers on how and where to make the best defense; we will start with adding more Berg's as defense."

Meanwhile, Lumi reached the garden to set up her defense of ice around it, not knowing Aang had arrived mere moments earlier to meditate and enter the Spirit World to get information on how to help.

(And I'm stuck. Don't know what else to do, and think that would have ended first half?)

Haruko nodded as she heard the chief, while she would rather be protecting Aang, she knew her value in this fight would be her ability to help the Northern Water Tribe fight off the Fire Nation attack. Though she did turn to Katara before following the chief. "If you find Aang protect him, this isn't going to be an easy fight." she said before turning and following the Chief without waiting to see if Katara was listening to her. "If I'm going to help I need to know what this secret mission is that Sokka volunteered for." she commented and the Chief was silent for a moment before nodding then lead the way to their armory. Once there they found all of the men who had volunteered for the Chief's mission, except for one.

"I'm sure you're all wondering about this mission. You're going to be infiltrating the Fire Nation fleet to take out their leader and force them to retreat." the Chief said calmly.

"Wait... how are we going to do that?" Sokka asked looking confused.

"With these," the Chief said as Yue's betrothed came out wearing a very old, like 100 years old, Fire Nation uniforms. "Captured Fire Nation uniforms."

"They'll never suspect a thing!" commented the man who expected to be the next chief.

"I'm afraid they will." Haruko replied simply.

"Yeah right! You just want to see us lose!" the man replied back.

"No, she's right. The Fire Nation hasn't had shoulder spikes in almost 100 years, you'll be spotted for sure." Sokka commented in support of Haruko.

"Besides that, just as I don't know your traditions, you don't have the military discipline of Fire Nation soldiers." Haruko said simply.

"Hmm... very well, listen to Ms. Haruko and Sokka they will be our Fire Nation experts, so do as they say." the Chief ordered calmly. With that he left the group to prepare as Haruko and Sokka shared what they could about the Fire Nation tactics and how they should act while infiltrating the Fleet. After a while Haruko felt she could add any more to the planning, or rather the overconfident teen thought he knew more and refused to listen so she left. Not long after there was an altercation between him and Sokka, which got Sokka pulled from the mission, but assigned to a more important one, protecting Yue. Haruko found the Chief once more to help with the defenses of the city.

The fleet arrived just before sunset and began it's bombardment, however before they began their full attack they stopped as she moon began to rise. "So he does have some smart commanders... they know you are strongest when the moon is up so they stopped the attack. They will likely start again tomorrow when the sun rises." Haruko explained. The Chief nodded and went to check on the damage and make sure his soldiers were ready for the fight to come.

~~~~
The next morning as expected the attack resumed as she sun rose. Haruko was coordinating the defenses as best she could. The battle continued throughout the day but the Fire Nation didn't get as far as they expected. This time as the sun went down the attack didn't end. Yue lead Katara to the Spirit pond to find Aang while Haruko moved from the wall to the Palace to make sure no Fire Nation soldiers could get that far.

It was around this time that Zuko was drawing close to his target. He had spotted Katara and Yue and followed them in the shadows, not knowing he was headed straight towards an early confrontation. He just knew where ever Katara was going the Avatar wouldn't be far away, so it was his chance to catch the kid once and for all. Once the door closed behind the two young women he began to move towards it as well.

Kaaa-RAAACK! Ka-RAACK! As soon as those two were clear, Zuko was meeting the business end of two water whips at the same time. Talk about double barrelled. "You come no farther, intruder." The whips just seem to come out of the shadows at him. If Zuko was going to get the Avatar, Zhou would need to defeat the expert waterbender that currently used what shadows she had to her advantage... And had swore a silent oath to Haruko and the ocean and moon spirits she would protect Aang at all costs... If she had to sacrifice sleep to do it.

Zuko jumped back as the whips lashed out at him, growling in frustration. "Get out of my way! The Avatar is mine!" he yelled as she shot a fireball at the place where the voice had come from. Just to be sure he his his target he sent two more, one each to the left and right of the first. He didn't have time for this, it was bad enough he would probably have to face Katara to get to Aang, now he had to deal with another pest. He did his best to contain his anger, he need to keep a level head if he was going to capture the Avatar before Zhao.

Haruko was about half way to the palace when she noticed the explosions where there shouldn't be any Fire Nation soldiers and frowned. There was no one around that she could send so she went herself to find out what was going on. But she doubted she could make it in time for whatever was going on. She hoped Aang and the others weren't in danger, as she didn't know where they had gone, she had been too busy with the defenses. Whatever was going on she would find out and stop it if she could.

The first fire ball nearly got Lumikki. She knocked out the other, but the one behind her blew up a tree. That wasn't good, she lost some of her shadows. Without a word, she hoped Katara was watching (she was, but was taking a stance near Aang to protect him), sent both whips silently to whip around both legs to trip him... Not to mention sting them from the lash around. Since her whip had taken bark off a tree, it would definitely sting before Zuko found himself on his ass.

Zuko frowned as he realized this fight was going to take more effort and growled in frustration. "You can't stop me, you're only slowing me down! Now GET... OUT... OF... MY... WAY!" he said through clinched teeth as he prepared to attack again only to have his legs pulled out from under him. He cried out as he fell back, but caught himself at the last moment, rolling back, and propelling himself back to his feet as he shot two more fireballs at the woman using the water whips.

Haruko was making her way from the palace towards the explosions she had seen, but she likely wouldn't arrive in time to help. Even if she did, what could see do without full control of her bending. The spear she had wouldn't be much help against a fireball. Though it was a Fire Nation weapon which meant it was at least fire resistant.

Lumikki was preparing another attack to keep the intruder off balance she stopped one, but didn't react quick enough to stop the other, her last conscious thought was, This is gonna hurt...

Yue and Katara watched in horror, with the former having her hands over her mouth, as the fireball hit it's mark. Lumikki screamed in pain.... Loud enough to be heard half way to the palace... And steam enveloped the area like a tropical fog. When it cleared (which was a second later) Lumikki was seen face down, unconscious with smoke rising from her clothes. The expert waterbender had thought enough to protect her face, by turning her head and covering it with her hands. It didn't stop it from hurting or knocking her out of her boots (literally) and unconscious.

Katara prepared herself to continue the battle, but could she last long enough for help to arrive?

Zuko smirked as he defeated one enemy then turned his attention towards Aang. This time it was Katara who blocked his path as Yue ran to get help. "Get out of my way or you'll end up like the other one. I just want the Avatar." he said as he stepped closer. But Katara took a defensive stance between Zuko and his target. "Fine, but you'll regret this." he commented as the fight began.

As Yue ran she came across Haruko "Haruko! Lumikki is hurt and Katara is fighting someone called Zuko." She told the former Fire Nation Captain.

"Damn... find Sokka, I'll go help Katara and Lumikki if I can." Haruko replied as she contiued on towards the Spirit Oasis. She was close but it would still be too late. Katara was good, but Zuko was better and more experienced in combat. By the time she arrived Zuko was gone with Aang's body and both Lumikki and Katara were unconscious. Seeing that Katara was less injured then the other girl she woke her up first. "Come on, we need to check Lumikki, she's still unconscious and I can't heal her if she's hurt. Zuko got Aang, but we'll need Appa to find them." she said as she helped Katara to her feet.

Katara blinked a few times as Haruko helped her to her feet, she frowned as she noticed the now softly smoldering body of Lumikki who still hadn't moved, but a soft groan escaped from her. About three feet from her bare feet stood her boots, one upright, the other on it's side. No steam or smoke from either since the fireball hit her torso. Katara barely understood healing, but could sense and fix enough damage that it'd bring Lumikki around. "I think there's some internal damage the way the water is acting Haruko. Feels like the ribs, right where she took the fireball." Lumikki groaned again, more fighting unconsciousness than the pain she was in. Since she was nearly face up, just slightly on her side, Katara didn't need help getting to the worse of it. "At least she protected her face."

Finally, Lumikki opened her eyes. "Feel... Like I... Hit a brick... Wall that was.... On fire." She moaned. She tried to rise, but this caused her eyes to roll back and a soft clutch to the chest, just below her bosom, exactly where Katara was worried about. She shook it off, but had to remain sitting. "Sorry... I failed.... We need... To go... After.... Intruder." She gasped out weakly, trying to get on her feet. She'd need a few more minutes they could use to travel... And her boots.

Haruko frowned as she heard Katara, "Well we'll get her to a healer soon, but I would recommend that you get better at healing. I have a feeling we'll need it in the future." she replied, not knowing how right she was. She watched as Katara worked and Lumikki regained consciousness and heard what she said. "You don't worry about that right now, you need a healer more then chasing after any intruders." she replied simply as she stood up and looked around. There was only one way Zuko could have gone, away from the city and into the dangerous lands of the north pole. Just then Sokka arrived with Yue, riding on Appa, who landed near by.

"What happened? Where's Aang?" Sokka demanded as he jumped down from the large flying bison.

"Prince Zuko happened, he knocked Katara and Lumikki unconscious then took Aang. I arrived to late to stop him." she replied with a sigh. "We need to follow him before he gets too far away with Aang. Katara, can Lumikki travel? If not someone should get her to a healer, she can't fight with broken ribs." she added as she moved towards Appa and climbed up, waiting for Sokka at least.

Katara shook her head. More at Lumikki who was being stubborn as an ox, and trying to get to Haruko, Appa and intending to go. "No way. I'll see if I can learn healing better while you guys rescue Aang..." She developed a tic as she grabbed Lumikki by the back of the coat. "You stubborn mule! You're worse than Sokka, and that's saying something! If you don't stop... I'll sit on you!"

Sokka laughed for a moment before letting out a "HEY!", finally climbing aboard Appa.

Katara looked at Haruko. "We'll be at the healing tent, Haruko. Good luck finding Aang quickly." She directed the still disoriented Lumikki towards the healing hut.

Haruko watched as Lumikki tried to follow them, but nodded as she heard Katara. She rolled her eyes at Sokka's outburst, "Come on Sokka, Yue, we don't have time to waste. yip yip!" she said and Appa took off with his three passengers. They flew north, the only way Zuko could have gone to escape the city. It really was a bad idea as it seemed there was a constant storm going in this direction. "This is going to take forever..." Haruko commented over the wind.

"What's that?" Yue commented pointing towards a cave which Aang just came out of, Zuko fell as he was knocked out by the Avatar.

"Well that was easier then expected..." Sokka said as they landed to pick up Aang. They also grabbed Zuko, but tied him up at Aang's request. Haruko wouldn't have wanted to leave him out here to die either. By the time they were on their way back to the city the moon had risen and was high in the sky. They had no idea what they would find when they returned to the Spirit Oasis.

As Katara was learning the art of healing almost as fast as she had picked up everything else Lumikki had taught her, Lumikki grinned at the older lady, saying like a proud Sensei. "See? }cough, cough{ what'd I tell you? Best }cough, cough { student EVER! ouch." she winced.

"Hush now. You have broken ribs. Let the healing work. Keep at it Katara, you're doing fine."

Zhao was already there at the Oasis, and Iroh was starting his soon to be famous "balance" lecture. The only ones hearing it being the fish themselves and the landing Avatar team... Plus one (Zuko)

Haruko bright Appa down to land and noticed Zhao as did the rest of the group. The commander of the Fire Nation Fleet had already captured the Moon Spirit and Iroh was giving his speech about balance and asking the man not to do what he was planning. All attention was on the man as even Aang tried to reason with him. For the briefest of moments it seemed that Iroh and Aang had managed to stop him, but then Zhao did the unthinkable and killed the Moon Spirit. Everyone could only watch in shock as Zhao left to finish his conquest of the Northern Water Tribe.

Haruko clinched her fists and jaw, the air around her began heating up. She decided she would no longer stand by and do nothing. Her will to firebend had returned, and she would use it. "General Iroh... please look after everyone here... Zhao will pay for his actions." she growled before chasing after the man. No one had noticed that Zuko was missing now as well.

"Zhao! You'll pay for your actions!" she called as she caught up to the man. He seemed shocked to see Haruko here.

"Ah Captain Haruko, you're alive... You'll have to tell me how you survived before I kill you for being a traitor. What would your parents think." Zhao said with a smirk. In his arrogance he felt he could beat her. He felt unstoppable now.

"You won't leave this place to tell anyone I'm alive," Haruko replied simply as she took a righting stance.

"Such arrogance," Zhao quipped.

"Confindence," Haruko corrected, which caused Zhao to growl. The fight began when he shot a fireball at Haruko, who caught it and reversed it back at the Admiral who dodge it. Then Haruko fired back, her fire was blue, which Zhao hadn't expected and the arrogant man was on the defensive as Haruko fired fireball after fireball, while Zhao tried to counter and fight back. It was a true light show on the bridge where they fought.

With the Moon spirit dead, and the Moon gone, everything took on a greyish hue. Even eyes. Yue's, however continued to be a bright blue.

At the healing hut, all bending stopped, and Lumikki got up. She clutched her ribs as she looked out. She was shocked by what she saw... Or rather, didn't see. "The moon! It's... Gone!" This brought everyone in the hut looking in surprise and sorrow.

Aang stepped into the spirit pool, and was immediately being circled by the remaining fish; the Ocean spirit soon took him over and began it's rampage against the Fire Nation, with the water tribe giving reverence.

It was at this point, that Iroh, now noticed Yue's blue eyes. "You have been touched by the moon spirit, haven't you?" There just may be a way out of this... (End post)

Haruko had Zhao on the ropes, he knew she was a prodigy but how could she possible defeat him, a great conquer, and spirit killer! His ego had gone to his head, and every step backward was an insult to him as he tried to fight off the former Captain and traitor. His anger only grew as he felt she was toying with him, but he was wrong, she wasn't toying with him she was trying to humiliate him. Her anger at seeing him kill the moon spirit fueled her fire, made her more powerful. It was an amazing light show, but to only one witness as everyone else was focused on the Aang and the Ocean spirit as he attacked the Fire Nation army. Blue and orange flames lit up the bridge on which Haruko and Zhao fought, more blue then orange as Zhao was forced on the defensive.

"Your greed and lust for power out weigh your skills Zhao, you should yield before I kill you." Haruko called as she sent another fireball at the man.

"How dare you! I'll kill you for your insult!" Zhao shouted as he tried to counter. But his counter-attack failed, in fact it blew up in his face when Haruko's burst of blue flames hit the fireball he had attempted to shoot at the young woman, knocking him back. It was during this break that Zuko stepped out onto the bridge.

"Captain Haruko, please allow me to finish Zhao. He attempted to have me killed, in a coward's way." Zuko said calmly as he stopped next to the woman. He knew who she was, they were cousins after all and he had respected her most of his life.

"He's all yours, Prince Zuko" Haruko conceded as she stepped back to allow Zuko to take over. If she though she had been angry, her anger was nothing compared to Zuko's. She watched as the pair fought; Zuko had the clear advantage. Then she saw the Ocean spirit come around the corner and she gasped, "Zuko, the Ocean Spirit is here!" she yelled which caught the attention of the other two. It was no surprise when the Ocean spirit attacked Zhao. For a moment it looked like Zuko might actually help the man, but he let him be taken away by Aang and the Ocean spirit. "For a moment I thought you were going to help him."

"For a moment, so did I... Zuko replied before turning to Haruko. "Everyone thinks you're dead, or missing."

"Its for the best, I can't return to the Fire Nation if that is what you plan to ask. Not yet. But for as long as you hunt the Avatar, we are enemies. But I will never hold any ill will against you cousin." Haruko said before turning away. "This is where we part ways." then she was gone, headed to the medical tent to check on Katara and Lumikki. She had been worried about them since the Moon Spirit had been murdered. By the time she would arrive the moon would be back, and Yue would have become the new moon spirit.

Lumikki and the others stood in awe as the grayish gloom was swallowed up by the appearance of the Aang/Ocean spirit, as those around her fell in reverence, she stood there with a stupid look of total disbelief on her face. Her mind wasn't fully comprehending what she was seeing. The Ocean spirit was a koi. A treasure to be protected at all costs. But here it was, wiping out Fire Nation troops as a giant baby on a rampage against mere toys. Her heart was on it's knees, but her body refused to follow suit. That's what spared her life. The spirit glowered at her for a second before drenching her for her irreverence to it (and probably her stupid awestruck look and stance. Spirits are funny that way). This caused her stupid awestruck look to become a stupid grin with a "Thank you Ocean Spirit... Have fun, now."

It was Katara who finally noticed the Moon returning, and led the celebration. No one yet knew what the great cost had been. It was at that moment Yue, the new Moon Spirit, gave Sokka a goodbye kiss.

Haruko ran as fast as she could towards the medical tent, arriving as everyone began celebrating. She came to a stop as she noticed a soaked Lumikki and Katara celebrating. She was glad to see both were okay, but neither would know she had her firebending back at full power. In fact, only two people knew at the moment and that suited her just fine, as she had a certain Water Bending Master to challenge. Shaking the thought from her mind she looked up at the sky then towards Aang and the Ocean Spirit. They had driven away the Fire Nation fleet, but the spirit still seemed angry not having realized the moon was back.

"Aang, Ocean Spirit! The Moon spirit has been revived!" she called to the large being before she turned back towards Lumikki and Katara. "Well I guess you're both okay then? You should dry off before you catch cold." she commented as she pointed at Lumikki. The battle had been won, at great cost and against great odds. Haruko was just glad they had managed to defend the city, with the help of the Ocean Spirit.

"We should make sure Aang is okay, can you two make it to the spirit oasis?" she added calmly as she looked over the pair.

Lumikki grinned at Haruko, "I'd hug ya, but you'd probably say I'm all wet!" She then saluted, flipping water around, saying, "Yes, mum. I go home and change... Just haven't decided into what yet."

Katara did hug her. "I take it with Aang and the Ocean Spirit acting as one, you had no problem finding him." She then shook her head and waved a hand at Lumikki. "Pay Lumi no mind. The minute she saw the Ocean Spirit bigger than life and throwing a tantrum that would make two year olds blush, and the likes of which any Fire Nation survivors will never forget... She's been acting fruit loopy. Dare I even say, downright goofy." She hadn't rhymed on purpose. She then nodded as the Ocean Spirit seemed to take notice, and calmed down, making it's way back to the Oasis. "I'll see you there in a bit, then." She started making her way back there.

Haruko arched an eyebrow at Lumikki before hugging Katara back, "I'm glad you're okay," she commented simply before nodding. "If we don't meet you at the Oasis then the Palace. I'll make sure Aang and Sokka are okay." she added before she she started making her way towards the Oasis. She didn't know what had happened with Yue but she was worried about the others, especially following Aang and the Ocean Spirit's rampage. Having left right after Zhao's action she didn't know what had happened after that.

Lumikki got it for her inaction by her mom. All through her changing out of her wet clothes, she was lectured about disrespecting the Spirits. She couldn't get a word in edgewise.

Katara somehow beat Haruko back to the Oasis, but not Aang Ocean Spirit. While she pondered how that was possible, Aang opened one eye, and looked at her, yet said nothing. She wasn't the one to talk to. As soon as Lumikki arrived and slightly less out of it as before. He excused himself, and took Lumikki by the wrist, calmly, to lead her to a private spot. "We need to talk..." After going a distance from Katara, he talked calmly with Lumikki, even politely asking her what in the name of the Spirits she was thinking? Unlike her mom, Aang listened to her side, nodded, patted her back, and came back over.

Sokka meanwhile was inconsolable, fearing Arnook was going to have his head... Literally. Nothing Katara could say would change that. Maybe when Haruko arrived.

The other two had beaten Haruko to the Oasis because she had stopped on the way to check on any injured and made sure to send them to the medical area. So the others had already arrived by the time she got to the Oasis. She had also looked for Zuko as well, farther slowing her down. As she entered the Oasis she looked towards the others and could tell something had happened by the sullen expression on Sokka's face. With a sigh she made her way towards the other, "I see I'm late," she replied as she joined the others. "There is no sign of Zuko, but the Fire Nation is retreating." she said as she came to a stop next to Sokka and placed a hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

She didn't tell them she had her bending back, that was something she was saving for a certain Water Bending master. It didn't take much observations to noticed that Yue wasn't among them and she could only guess that the Princess had become the Moon spirit. "All is not lost Sokka, she will always be watching over you now. It take great courage to sacrifice oneself for others." she said in a low voice before turning to the others. "We should head to the Palace, the Chief should probably know what's happened." she added as she looked towards the others.

Last edited:
Katara and Aang nodded calmly as Sokka shrugged with a half nod. His spirits were lifted a bit with Haruko's words. He'd probably feel a lot better once he learns that Chief Arnook will let him keep his head.

Lumikki gave a simple nod, as she was ready for her part of the debriefing to already be over.

--------------------------------------------

Arnook looked at each of the group in turn. "My heart aches hearing this news, yet rejoices knowing what it meant, and the time I had with her." He patted Sokka's shoulder reassuringly. "You did your best. It was meant to be."

Hearing from Katara and Lumikki about both Zuko and Admiral Zhou troubled him. He looked from one to the other and sighed. Blasted clean out of your boots, were you, Lumikki? That's a pretty powerful punch. Then seeing the Ocean Spirit as you did, after suffering the embarrassing defeat... The pain in your chest from broken ribs... Well, no wonder you were a bit loopy right after. Can't imagine how you wouldn't be. Again, you two did your best."

Pakku went livid. Sokka was told to protect Yue with his life. Lumi to protect the Oasis and fish with hers. Both failed miserably. Of course he expected no more from Lumikki, after all. He wanted one of them to pay for their failures. At least one.

The Chief walked away, ignoring the rant, inviting all in for a celebratory, and remembrance feast. The latter in honor of the new Moon Spirit.

Back
Top Bottom