Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Zendikar 5e Character Creation

east

Supernova
for easy access to your character sheets, I would like for you to make your sheets using Myth Weavers as it is a good resource for holding your actual sheets. For stats please use traditional 5e Point buy. XP will be tracked and I am having characters start at level 3.

for base races we have this set up right now.

Goliath (Honestly this is how I would see the Kor)
Elves (honestly i'd accept any of the subraces except for Drow as their is no under dark. I linked to the wood elf subrace because considering the amount of forestry and foliage I think these would be the most appropriate versions for the setting.)
Aarakocra (while not a perfect native to the world, I kinda want to see how this would work out, I see these guys as being a bit rare)
Human
Goblins (volo's guide for goblins)
Triton (again i think the merfolk of zendikar are a bit over powered, the tritons of volo's guide make more sense to me)

Other PHP races can be considered, as well as variant human if you so desire. Story wise all characters are native to the Zendikar plane.

class wise the only thing I have stated so far is that I'd prefer the use of the revised ranger over the PHP ranger. Aside from that I will accept pretty any class so long as it is 5e legal from official published books. No unearthed arcana aside from revised ranger. You may use the class options in Xanathar's guide or PHP.

So lets talk about Zendikar and the various threats that fill the day to day to life.

Terrain:
battle-for-zendikar-expedition-land-art.jpg
The roil: Zendikar is a primal and unique world, the terrian of the roil is a dangerous and constantly shifting set of sky platforms. part forests, part floating terraces the threat here is climbing holding on, and trying not to fall off to the ground far below. The distorted gravity links you to the rock you are standing on meaning that it is possible to stand on the surface feeling secured look up, and see the ground far below you. It can be disorienting and confusing for inexperienced climbers.

While most large predators make their home on the ground far below the roil, the roil is not exactly safe. Threats here range from large birds, to far more exotic abjurations that make their home in the sky. Goblins, Aaracokra, elves, and Kor(goliaths) often build vilalages in the dense foliages of larger parts of the roil which is considered safer than the dense forests below.
The forest is often difficult to navigate, it's over grown, and difficult to tame or make roads through. Along the floor of Zendikar these biomes are common, and distinct from the roil above. Here there is solid ground, with massive predators that wonder the forest floors. Large beasts compete for the abundance of food. The twisting trees also give home to many more fey creatures (sprites) as well as over grown insects.

Elves can be found in these areas, as well as humans, goblins, and tritons are often found along river ways and water paths.
108384.hq.jpg
sam-burley-burley-plainsbfz.jpg
Not all of the land is so green, cliffs like these can be found both on the ground and elsewhere. these Plains are often homes to human settlements. The landscape here offers less protection from Zendikar's large avian problem, but these cliff sides offer uniquely stable ground, floating gardens, and a chance to build away from the more primal violently shifting grounds.
Lastely there are the wastes, barren graveyards, ancient lost civilizations, colorless, twisted landscapes that look as though they were once stripped bare and eaten in some odd fashion, here the bones of the land stick out covered in a strange ash. But here abjurations fester. But often the wastes hold valuable secrets lost civlizations, but they can be difficult to navigate very little grows here. Civlizations in the wastes are rare, spread out and thin, a popular story is that undead rise in the wastes and wonder back to other parts of civilization.
0fe16be4bb0b4f9f6d2e07935ceced94.jpg

creatures:
635032489124546027.jpg
Baloths are large ravonous Beasts an example of the mega fauna that have evolved on Zendikar in the green wildes. most are restricted to Zendikar's green forest floor. However there are some that can climb almost as fast as they can run. Baloth's represent the apex predators of the forest, and come in many adapted sizes.
Gomazoya, are monstrosities they can look like any other part of the roil while still and inactive, and yet they have long jellyfish like tongues that will draw things, people back into thier bodies to be digested and eaten. Their outside resembles the look of a jellyfish, with hardened growth that is reminiscent of rocks. A deadly predator often found in the roil.
89584.hq.jpg
1567965833813.jpeg ... that's an abjuration, a horrific creature not native to Zendikar, most are in the wastes, and it is really bad when ever they crawl out of the dead lands. where these things go the dead follow. It has no name, is exceedingly rare. We know a few things about them, most have no eyes, are immune to the blind condition. They are immune to psychic damage. and whenever one shows up, there are eventually more to follow.

Is there any alternative where we can put our character sheets? I tried to sign up for that site but they refused my e-mail address. I have a fillable PDF I usually use to fill out my character sheets that I can attach to a post. Does that work?

Also, since we're starting at level 3, what should our starting wealth be at? Do we have an amount we can use to buy equipment such as better armor, component pouches, etc?

if you can attatch it to a post and it works and is readable than yes, when i try to post a file like that it always ends up blank.

if you can attatch it to a post and it works and is readable than yes, when i try to post a file like that it always ends up blank.
Gotcha. So how do you want us to calculate, gold, starting equipment, and HP?

just follow the base rules for the php, and for equipment you get your classes quick start equipment, plus anything from your backgrounds, GP decides gold as it says in book.

Hey so I tried registering to Myth Weavers but turns out they hate Yahoo.com emails so I can't use it. I will try to see if I can post it here via PDF. If it doesn't work, I'll think of something else.

Yeah I've been having some issues with Myth Weavers as well. Found a 5e sheet that I can use and I'll post it on a pdf as well.

huh that's interesting, i've never had any issues with it myself, but if it becomes too much of an issue or you can't find a way to post your pdf's than I will start hunting for another resource to use, i'm sure there are a few.

Okay here's the sheet. Also I know some text heavy parts aren't readable so I'm re-posting them here.

I'm willing to listen to every side of a story before I make my judgment. I try to explain things patiently to others if they don't get something.

People shouldn't be chained down and told what to do, everyone should have control of their own life and to take that away is just wrong. Emotions shouldn't cloud our thinking but we shouldn't try to discard it completely; that's what makes us what we are.

I have a text that I won't let fall into the wrong hands (It's her diary). My soul belongs to my dad and I will get it back.

I don't care for others when I speak, insulting them. I have a tendency to consider others morons.

Damaia has light purple skin and black wavy hair. Her hair goes down to between her shoulder plates. She has two horns which are carved back. Her tail is long and slender like a lizard tail. Her eyes are yellow. She stands 5ft 10in tall and weighs about 174 lbs. Her dress is dark blue with gold colored designs. Underneath her skirt, she wears purple pants and dark blue boots.

Attachments

• Damia Heartstone.pdf
    872.4 KB · Views: 0
Here's mine. Hope he's alright Korus

Background: Soldier

I’m full of inspiring and cautionary tales from my military experience relevant to almost every combat situation.
Nation. My city, nation, or people are all that matter. (Any)
I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.
I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.
As a young boy Korus was the only survivor of his town, raiders destroyed it long ago. When a passing mercenary group found the boy half dead. The mercs started to train him as they left Korus in Fort Keff on Akoum. As the years passed Korus would soon join the military to fight for justice, not knowing what lies ahead.

Last edited:
@ZRS the character sheet is blank when i download it.

@freeko and @apollo247 D&D beyond looks to work fine but could you add your backgrounds bonds personality and such to your post on bmr since they arent displayed on dnd beyond? (Id like to know the fluff.)

Oh, I seem to have skipped that part by accident. The flaws, bonds, ideals, and personality should be on the sheet now. All that is left should be the actual looks of the character. When I get to that, I will put it on the sheet. I have left the Deity blank since I think you had said something about them being different on Zendikar?

Let's see if this works.
Name: Talas Evenwood
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Ranger
Archetype: Hunter
Background: Outlander
Spells: Hunter's Mark, Hail of Thorns, Cure Wounds

Attachments

• Ranger.pdf
    402.3 KB · Views: 0
Okay so i can't read the pdf files on my phone but they work just fine on my computer.

I have to say that i am very happy with how everyones characters are coming together.

I also found something i should have done at the start of this and found a map of the world, but its saved to my computer. I will upload it once im done my errands for the day.

@freeko Zendikar has 3 gods, i had to think about it for a moment as to which one would handle a domain of life. Emrie queen of the sky is the 'god' I settled on. Also due to the nature of these gods being absent the spell Divination cannot work in this setting as with any spell that directly speaks to a god. (Other abilities are just borrowing some of its powers are all good) the gods of zendikar have no common language among them.

That said, part of your job as a cleric is to make up stories about the three gods, go nuts with that. Any morality tale or story you invent that has been passed down about these three titains will basically get an auto pass from me.

@east You've given us background on the world we're playing in and it seems like you're putting a lot of focus on the environments. So can we assume this is an exploration heavy campaign?

I have made an OOC thread and I will hope to get the first post up for the game tomorrow since it seems that character creation has gone on. @Saber Arturia we are still waiting on your character if you are still interested.

@Azure-Yuki Yes this will be heavily exploration themed. Basically a small earth quake has freed up and unearthed several old ruins sparking a bit of a gold rush. Your group will basically be prospectors hired to try dig up the ancient buried goodies.

Here it is, the start of the campaign

Back
Top Bottom