Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Educational Prices (Tiny Dino x OpenHentai)

Tiny Dino

Super-Earth
Jasper had been a survivor from the day she was born, being born earlier than expected and coming out small, weak and fragile she was always labeled the runt of her family, picked on by her much older siblings and laughed at st school for just being tiny, until she started growing. At first her parents just thought it was her body finally catching up to where it needed to be, until at the age of eight she was taller than her brother who was a couple years older than her. By twelve she was taller than her oldest sister and when she hit fifteen she was taller than her late father. When she finished growing she stood a surprising six feet and seven inches high, her siblings still kept the nickname runt though

Her parents had passed away when she was thirteen due to a car accident, neither of her parents had survived and the other driver who caused the accident fled the scene and was never found. Leaving Jasper and her four older siblings to deal with the massive changes in their lives. For the older siblings they were dealt the hand of paying for their parents funerals, packing up their childhood he and selling it off to pay outstanding debts left behind.

Jasper was sent to live with her older sister who was three hours away. Bell was a strict woman, she always had been. It had come to her naturally when she was forced into the roll of babysitter watching over her younger siblings while her parents worked dead end jobs to put food on the table for their large family. Bell and Jasper had always butted heads when they were younger and never truly saw eye to eye. So when Jasper landed on her doorstep she had made it clear that the minute Jasper turned eighteen she would be out the door, Bell didn't have the money or time to take care of third child when she had two of her own.

So Jasper worked, she pushed hard to have good grades and worked as a fast food servant to save as much as she could. When she turned eighteen her sister followed through with her promise kicking her younger sister out the day after her birthday, Jasper slept in her car for a couple days before being able to move in to her small apartment on the far side of town. When she finished high school a couple months later she started applying for university and college, it took awhile but she finally got into a university that would help her achieve her goal of being a personal trainer.

While growing up taller than everyone around her Jasper didn't want to be slender like everyone else, so once she got into middle school started focusing on body building. Gaining mass and muscle. Surprisingly she was good at it, she had toned arms and legs with strong abs that some people asked if their could grate cheese on them. With her love of bodybuilding she gained knowledge of healthy eating and wanted to help people reach their own goes when it came to weight and strength.

So when the university had accepted her application and said she would start her courses in the fall she set about looking for a new place closer to the university, she had sent out several emails, called several.places and checked over every site and group to see if she could find something in her price range. Lucking out she found an ad placed by a woman seeking to rent out a room in her home, it wasn't expensive and it was close to the university that Jasper would be able to walk to her classes. She just hoped the lady would accept her as a tenant.

A luxurious home just outside the heart of downtown, easy accessibility to the bus line and ride shares. A dream come true to anyone who needed temporary living and worked downtown or attended university. Cassandra knew how to leverage her property and had a good business sense about her.

A large three bedroom house with a fully furnished, finished basement was ideal to rent out and make a bit of extra scratch. Lord knew Cassandra wasn’t using the base. A large house like this was not the ideal living space for an empty nester in her late thirties. Add divorcee on top of that, and it made the big house feel all the more lonely.

She’d lent out space the semester prior to a medical student who was on the campus housing waitlist. So this wasn’t her first time taking in renters. She’d scanned through at least a hundred possible candidates and interviewed at least a dozen prior. Now she had yet another interview, a young college student named Jasper. She was attending to become a personal trainer. An honest profession.

Cassandra welcomed anyone who needed a place to stay for a reasonable price while pursuing higher education. A path she’d sadly never gotten to truly pursue herself. Life took a very different turn for Cassandra after high school. She had other priorities, and her name was Everly, her pride and joy. Her daughter was all grown up and out of the house.

She sat patiently in her kitchen awaiting her interviewee. She wondered what kind of girl, this Jasper was? A personal trainer? She had trouble not imagining some buffed out hellion who loved shouting and lifting, but that was certainly not a fair assumption in her mind. She would simply have to wait and see.

Jasper was nervous, everything had to go perfect in this interview. She needed to find a place to stay as quick as possible, that way she could find a job in the area and make sure she made enough to pay her bills. The last three places had rejected her, mainly because hey didn't trust her to get a job in the area before rent was due. Even though she had enough savings left for at least two, possibly three months of rent if she controlled her spending.

When she arrived at the address she checked her phone again, wanting to make sure she was in the right location. Dressed in a black dress shirt that was ironed perfectly wearing tight dark blue jeans, her dirty blonde hair cut into a short fohawk and styled to look professional, shifting back and forth she knocked on the door as she took a deep breath to keep herself calm.

Her grayish blue eyes glancing around as she checked her watch again, she was a little early. But being early was better then being late, at least that's what she always thought. Taking another deep breath and closing her eyes she waited, waited to meet her possibly new land lord.

Cassandra heard the knock at her door. She checked the time. She was early, a good sign. The last interviewee was thirty minutes late and didn't even inform her. She wasn’t going to judge this Jasper on punctuality alone, of course, but she was already off to a good first impression in Cassandra’s books.

She approached her door the same way she'd done at least a dozen times before. Hoping this applicant will meet her standards. Cassandra didn’t have particularly high standards, but she wasn’t about to take a chance on any college student off the streets. The last thing she needed was to be screwed out of rent, any good landlord would do the same.

Still, Cassandra had a soft spot for taking in youths, like her last tenant. Sweet girl who always had rent on time and very personable. She was a med student, so she was rarely around, but the semester she did spend with Cassandra was an enjoyable one. Hopefully, this Jasper would be the same.

The opulent door open and Cassandra got her first glance at the applicant. She was instantly surprised by the sight of a woman standing almost a foot higher than her. Cassandra was a fairly average five, nine, but this Goliath almost eclipsed her door frame. She masked her surprise well, “Hello, you must be Jasper. Please come in.” She extended a hand and let Jasper in.

Personal trainer? The girl could probably have a promising career in the WNBA, she was built too. While Cassandra could see all the firmer details of her body, the contours, and muscles she could make out in her dress shirt definitely portrayed a very powerful woman. She took her into the kitchen and had her sit down opposite her at the table. She pulled out her documents and began the whole spiel she’d recited for what felt like the millionth time.

“I trust you read the full agreement and contract. So, I guess I should begin with the most important and straight forward question. What do you believe will make you a good tenant?” Some might say it’s a bit unconventional, but Cassandra appreciated honesty and she was pretty good at catching people in a lie. A skill she’d learned from her dead marriage.

Smiling and nodding her head she followed the woman, ducking under the door out of reflex. She fit through most doors but there was always tne odd doorway she didn't fit through always ended leaving her with a massive head ache and a giant goose egg. "If I'm Jaaper that means you're Cassandra" she smiled as she sat down at the table, shifting slightly to get comfortable in her seat before clearing her throat.

"Yea I read over everything, rent due on the first of each month, I have a damage deposit and first months ready if you accept me. I know the rules against sound, visitors and if I'm late on rent without giving you warning or a reason why I'm out on my ass faster then I can count to five" she had made sure to read over each rule, she didn't want to put a single toe out of place.

"Well, I'll probably be the quietest person you'll run into. Mainly because I really won't be home, between class, working once I get a job and going to the gym to stay in shape. If I'm going to ne a good trainer then my body is going to be my billboard" chuckling softly as she leaned forward as she licked her bottom lip "No, Honestly I will be quiet, clean and focused on my studies. I will be hunting hard for a job but I have enough cash saved up for a couple months rent just to cover my butt" she explained as she looking the woman over.

She was surprised to see such a beautiful woman was renting out a room in her home, didn't she worry about some of the crazy people she could run into. What if a drug dealer tricked his or her way into the womans house, granted the woman in front looked smarter then she let on. The house was huge, perfectly decorated and cleaner then a brand new car. How had this woman managed to do so much.

Cassandra smiled, “I can appreciate your straightforwardness. You certainly sound committed and don’t beat around the bush. Let’s hope you can keep that momentum going for the next four years.” A cautionary tale Cassandra had seen a million times before. A young go-getter who believed they could conquer the world with sheer force of will alone. They’re promised the world, but so rarely could it be obtained.

The moving and shakers of the world were those with conviction like Jasper, but an unyielding desire, even in the face of unbearable hardships, at times. These first three months will determine whether she’s the former or the latter. Financially, Cassandra was banking on her keeping up the workload and paying rent consistently. A stumbling block here and there was almost inevitable, but she had to protect her own assets first.

She was Jasper landlord, not her mother. She couldn’t coddle her and expect her to be able to stand on her own two feet. No matter what every maternal instinct Cassandra had told her. She had made up her mind. Jasper was a committed and a pretty, young thing. Her size didn’t bother Cassandra much. She was sure if people could look past her height, they’d see she was quite the looker.

Cassandra extended a hand once more to shake. “Thank you, I’ve heard all I need to make a decision. I’ll show you where you will be staying.” Here went nothing, she told herself. She walked Jasper down to the basement and flipped on the lights. “As stated, it is fully furnished, the bedroom is over there, this is the living quarters and eating area.” She motioned a hand over the area, it had a large wall mounted TV with a couch and chairs around it. Where the carpet ended and tiles began was a small counter top with a microwave and mini fridge. “You can use the upstairs kitchen as you please.”

She then walked her through another door. “The full bathroom with shower tub combination.” It was a very nicely decorated bathroom. Almost excessively so, Cassandra felt. The whole basement had been dressed up quite a bit to impress potential tenants and it paid off. “I work part time most days and am free on weekends if you need to speak to me. If there is nothing else, you’re welcome to unpack and make yourself at home.” Cassandra said with a warm smile.

"I have no other choice but to keep pushing forward, if I fail at this then I have to figure out something else to do and push forward with that too." It wasn't like she had much choice, she didn't have a back up plan if going to school failed. She didn't want to end up living on the streets beggin for money. Shaking Cassandra's hand a giant smile covered Jasper's face as she followed the woman through the house into the basement.

Jasper had seen how cruel the world could be early in her life, after her parents died none of their aunts and uncles offered to help, none of the bothered to lift a single finger after the accident. An when Jasper was picked on at school after her parents deaths she learned that without a support group behind you or a parent to talk to teachers didn't care. It wasn't their problem to deal with, sure she went to school councilors to talk about her problems but she got the same answer everytime.

'Welcome to the real world, your mom and dad aren't here to protect you anymore. You need to do what ever it takes to survive, because if you fall down no one is going to help you back up'

She lived by those words, she was on her own and she had to survive.

The basement itself was perfect, the area was clean and had everything she would need. She was surprised by the full shower, every where she had looked only had a shower, it would be nice after a long day to be able submerge most of her body in a hot steamy bath. Which would do wonders on her muscles after a long day at the gym and walking back and forth from school and work.

Jasper grinned as she turned to the woman and pulled put her wallet, handing the woman a prewritten check and a small peice of paper with her number on it. "That's the damage deposit and first months rent. That's my cellphone number as well, since I'm sure it will be easier to text me if you require my attention" she couldn't believe itx she'd gotten the apartment and was one step closer to her goal.

Cassandra accepted the check and paper, “Thank you very much. Here’s my contact information as well. Message me or call anytime. Or just come upstairs.” She reached into her pocket and pulled out a sheet with her cellphone, emergency number, and work number. “Since you’ll be living here, there’s no need to be formal. Everyone just calls me, Cass.” She explained.

She took everything she needed and handed Jasper the spare keys to the house. She figured Jasper would want some time to unwind and unpack. Plus, Cassandra wanted to get to the bank before business hours were over. She went upstairs and grabbed a set of keys from a small decorative key rack on the wall. She took an envelope and secured the deposits and slid them into her purse.

Off the kitchen was a narrow hallway leading past the laundry room towards the garage. She open the door of the dim garage and opened one of the garage doors as she slid into her black Panamera. She pulled ut and whipped the car around expertly before taking off down the drive. She pulled out onto the city streets and headed for the bank.

“Hey Jeanie,” Cassandra said as she approached a teller. She reached into her purse to produce the deposits.

“Hey Cass, what do we have here?” Jeanie looked at the personal checks with a scrutinizing eye.

Cassandra smiled weakly, “The deposit from my newest tenant. Girl named Jasper, she seems sweet. Deposit it into my assets account.” She looked around the bank as Jeanie sorted everything out. It was enormous, one of the biggest in the city. She’d been a long time customer, so practically everyone knew Cassandra by name.

“Alright, and do you want a receipt for this transaction?” Jeanie asked.

“Yes, and a statement on my other accounts.” She said while noting everyone else in the bank. Almost everyone looked dressed to the nines, several men and women she recognized as wealthy investors and lawyers.

“Alright, here you go.” Jeanie handed her the receipts. “I have to ask. How’s the Porsche?”

Cassandra chuckled, “I’m enjoying it. Thank you, Jeanie.” She took the receipts and ran the numbers in her head. Most peoples’ heads would spin seeing this many zeros, but to Cassandra, it was just a small step to where she wanted to be. Though, it gave her the security blanket she needed to invest in the futures of students like Jasper.

Classes kicked Jasper in the ass the minute she walked in the door, her teacher was hard and demanding. He handed out a pile of home work the first night and hadn't let up since. But Jasper hunkered down and dove into the homework without a second thought. In between classes and her work though she focused on putting out her resume where ever she could. She had done a few interviews here and there, but nothing seemed to be sticking.

After a month of trying she finally landed a job as a waitress at a local resturant. It wasn't high class or expensive, but she made enough to cover her Bill's and rent. Barely. Life was good, life was even better when she met a new girl at her work. She was a young woman about the same age as Jasper and looked beautiful. The woman reminded her of someone, but she couldn't put her finger on it. The only problem for Jasper was she was a horribly flirt and completely clumsy when it to talking to girls. She had left the girl a note her work locker with her phone number asking the girl to text her some time, she was holding out hope the woman would.

But for the first time since moving in she had a day off, it was perfect timing to. She was out of clean clothes, dressed in nothing but tight sports and an even tighter sports bra. "How the hell do you work this fancy ass thing" she muttered as she stared at all the different buttons and knobs, who the hall built a washer that looked like it belonged in space and even more important how the hell did people know how to use them without going to come kind of special class.

Sighing softly she reached over to grab her cellphone from the shelf and quickly brought up Cass's phone number and started typing out a text.

'Sorry to bother you so late int he evening, But I can't figure out how to work the washing machine'

She really hoped she wasn't bothering the older woman, even though she hadn't seen much of the woman she'd been amazing, she would check on Jasper from time to time to make sure she was still alive and once and a while Jasper would be asked to join her for dinner upstairs, never one to turn down a free meal Jasper jumped at the chance to have a break from microwave meals.

Waitressing, was hardly a glamorous job, but it helped make end’s meat, and give her a bit of mad money in return. For a second year like Sable, this was all she could ask for out of a dead end job like this. She’d thankfully had the connections to land the job thanks to her father, but her abilities had to speak for themselves. Though, those abilities really boiled down to not being a socially awkward mess or clumsy as hell. Sable’s seen her fair share of both.

Sable knew how to work her people skills to her favor too. She always dressed prim and properly, selling her appearance had netted her quite a few loyal customers, though a bit of subtle flirting helped too. Sable was bisexual, so she knew how to please both men and women. It was no wonder she chose marketing as her major and future profession.

She could have gone into investment banking like her father, or real estate like her mother, but she wanted a career where she built relationships, not just to close a deal or work herself to death. She got along well with most of the staff at the restaurant and used that to leverage a pay raise and snag the hostess potion when it opened up.

Sable was certainly going to dump this job like a bad habit once she graduated, but until then she might as well enjoy the ride. And enjoying it she was. The owners had recently hired a new girl. Jasper, a college student like her, though she looked more like a professional basketball player. Sable had even asked as such, turns out she was attending the same university, but for personal fitness. Sable would have been surprised if it was anything else.

Jasper was certainly cute, if not a bit awkward and clumsy, hitting her head on the door frames every now and then, stumbling over her words when trying to flirt with Sable. All those cute, silly little advances had in away endeared herself to Sable. She even blushed a little when Jasper slipped the letter in her locker with her number. What was this, high school? Either way, she bit and texted her. A simple, ‘Hey this is Sable’, but it was enough she felt.

---

The days turn to weeks, and weeks to a month and Cassandra found herself enjoying Jasper’s company. She was rarely around, working and studying constantly. No rest for the weary, there were days when Cassandra wondered if Jasper came home at all. Still, when she was around she would offer to make dinner, she was so used to preparing large meals anyway, so it worked out.

She was upstairs in her lacy nightie, enjoying a bit of alone time. She’d dealt with quite a few difficult clients and needed to unwind with a book and some wine. A single woman in her late thirties sipping wine and reading trashy, erotic fiction in bed. She felt like she fit every stereotype of a neglected housewife.

She heard her phone and checked the message from Jasper. She chuckled to herself and rolled her eyes. She got up and walked downstairs. She walked into the sight of a very frustrated Jasper twisting and turning knobs at random. “Sweetheart, you have to be smarter than the machine.” She joked and stepped in front of her. “Here,” she turned a knob and set it to regular load, pulled the knob out until it clicked and water started pouring into the tub. She then set it to cool water and adjusted the timer.

“Now just sit back and let the machine do its job, it should be ready in about twenty to thirty minutes. Do you need a crash course on the dryer too?” She closed the lid of the top loader and leaned against the washer with a smug smile.

How could she lift weights almost twice her weight with ease and run farther then pretty much anyone she knew but a simple washer was able to stump her, she was so use to apartment machines were you dropped five bucks into it and just pressed wash, pinching the bridge of her nose she heard her phone chime. Oh thank what ever God were out there, Cass was still awake and able to help her.

Looking down at her phone she noticed a new number on her screen. Tapping her phone open her eyes light up, Sable.. Sable had actually messaged her. Grinning from ear to ear she quickly replied to her possible new friend. 'Hey there, surprised your messaging me so late' it was simple and short and left the conversation open. Putting her phone down she leaned over to stare at the buttons and knobs, turning and pressing each one in a different order to see if she managed to get it to work.

Jumping slightly as her concentration was broke by a new voice. "I usually solve my problems with brute strength, somehing needs to move? Move it, I need to lift that and it's heavy as all hell I'm going to lift it" she muttered as she tensed her muscles as if trying to prove her point. At the same time she was trying to distract Cass from the blush that stained her cheeks, for a woman in her thirties she was beautiful, Jasper felt her throat going dry as her nostrils flared. She had not expected the older woman to.come down in such revealing clothing, if this woman had kids Jasper couldn't tell at all.

"Umm.. yes, probably.. I'm just use to the machine they have at laundromats, all you do there is put your money in and hope the machine doesn't eat it" chuckling softly as she leaned against the wall trying to calm herself down, she really sneezed to get her urges under control around sexy women, people were going to think she was some kind of sex fiend if she kept acting like a fool.

Cassandra rolled her eyes, “Laundromats, I’ve never trusted those things to actually watch my clothes. Everything is preset. You need variable settings, not all fabrics are made the same. A blouse and a dress require their own special care.” She pointed to the lighter load settings. “Sheets, a heavier load, and my linens are delicate, I don’t need my machines nearly shredding them.” When it came to the laundry, Cassandra was a bit particular.

She pointed to the dryer, “Same with the dryer, too hot and things begin to shrink or fray, even burn if you’re not careful.” She pointed to all the different setting. “No offense dear, but your clothes are pretty disposable, so setting everything to regular and dumping it all in is pretty much all you need to worry about. Just don’t mix colors and whites. And don’t forget a dryer sheet, or you’ll be scraping electrostatically charged clothes off the walls.” Cassandra chuckled.

“Now, is there anything else you need?” Cassandra asked with a warm smile. Propping herself against the machines again. Cassandra disregarded her outfit, but she had to wonder if her negligee was making Jasper nervous. Probably not how she was expecting to see her landlord.

---

Sable read Jasper’s message. She glanced at the time, this was hardly late for her. She figured she could kill some time talking to her, she needed to unwind after studying for the past hour. ‘I’m a bit of a night owl. So what’s up?’ She texted back. She figured a nice conversation with Jasper would help. That and her other friends were busy.

Jasper listened closely, taking mental notes as quickly as she could to make sure she used the machines right, she in no way wanted to break them and end up having to pay for repairs God forbid having to pay for new ones to replace them. Clearing her throat she licked her lips as she looked the woman over again, there were several things she could need or want her brain was just short circuiting with the lack of blood flow.

"Umm.. well, if your washer and dryer are this fancy is there anything I should know about the fridge or stove?" She was being awkward now, she knew she was being awkward because she was staring and unable to take her eyes off of Cass's form, now that they were fancy each other Jasper had a very clear view of the womans breasts and could clearly make out her nipples. "An when you need clean clothes and have no choice you do what you have to, no one wanted to rent a place to someone who smells like they haven't had a shower in three weeks" she teased as she pushed off the wall heading into the kitchen, her phone chiming in her pocket once again.

Pulling out a smirk appeared on her face as she wrote off a quick message. 'I wish I was a night owl, but being healthy means doing a five Km run before class and trying to finish home work before class. But other then that nothing much, just trying to figure out how a new fancy washer works' tucking her phone back into her pocket as she sat at the kitchen table. "You can probably guess I don't come from a high end family if you've noticed all my clothes are Walmart specials" she joked as she licked her bottom lip again, she was acting like a horrible horny teenager hitting on one of her friends parents.

Cassandra nodded, “I understand, dear.” She crossed her arms and with a curt smile said, “The fridge chills things, and the stove heats things up. If you need more instruction than that, then I’m afraid you’re beyond help.” She smirked. She joked because obviously, her kitchen appliances were as straight forward as any other fridge or stove.

“I understand money is tight, and clothes often take a back seat to essential.” Cassandra made no comment on the atrocities of superstore clothing brands. Not everyone could afford designer outfits or even higher-end retail clothing brands. “I’d offer you some hand-me-downs, but...” She looked Jasper up and down deliberately, “yeah...” She shook her head, “Honestly, I’m amazed you’re able to find clothes in your size. I imagine you’re stuck with resorting to buying men’s Big and Tall every now and then?” Needless to say, women’s fashion did not usually accommodate women taller than six foot, let alone Jasper’s height. Poor thing probably had to resort to men’s shoes too.

---

Sable gasped to herself, ‘A 5k before class? I think I would literally die. Like cops would find my body dead on the side of the road lol.’ She giggled to herself as she sent the message and immediately followed up, ‘Yeah, they can be complicated. The one in my apartment is pretty straight forward, but that means I usually have to handwash delicates and air dry them. Is that weird?’ Spelling it out, Sable felt like an old lady. No doubt a habit she picked up from her mother.

Jasper chuckled as she looked down at her nearly naked form "Yea, I usually don't go running around in hot pants and a tight sports bra. But when you run out of clean clothes and you have no other options you with what you got" she chuckled as she looked down at her form "But yes, finding clothes to fit my impossible. That's why I want to get a good job and make some cash I'm going to buy more dress shirts then I can count" she chuckled as she thought about her goals.

"So tell me Cass, not that it's any of my business and you can tell me to back off at any time. But how is a good looking woman like you single. You have a nice house, a good job and a bitchin car.. like guys would kill to date a girl with that car. You could get yourself a nice little boy toy and have someone to enjoy that cute little outfit of yours" she smiled while a blush stained her cheeks, she felt like she was crossing a line but she was to curious for her own good.

Her phone chimed again cause Jasper to look at it "Excuse me, just want to reply to this message real quick. I managed to get myself a girls number and she's actually texting me back." The smile on her face was big, but not as big as the one she gave Cass when the woman set down a giant plate of home cooked food in front of her.

'You're talking to the girl who's only used laundromats all her life. Plus I don't have anything exciting to worry about wrecking, nothing pretty comes in 'Jolly Green Giant' size. So I'm stuck wearing mens clothing all the time, unless I pay like a hundred bucks for a big enough bra.'

Setting the phone down Jasper smiled "Sorry about that, just don't want anyone feeling like I'm ignoring them. You can leave if you want, I'm sure taking to a twenty two year old isn't on your list of goals for this evening"

Cassandra smirked, “Careful, hot pants. Saying thing s like that might give a lady the wrong idea.” She joked. She paused to let Jasper answer her text, “Poaching two women. Someone likes playing the field.” She kept up the teasing.

She waved dismissively, “It’s fine, I’m free either way. To answer your question. I’m actually divorced. So there is no boy toys or special men in my life. After fifteen years of marriage and plenty of heartbreak. I’m… content with the single life. I go out with friends and there is the occasional hookup, but as far as relationships are concerned, I’ve done my time. Though my daughter is still insistent I meet someone new. Her father remarried not long after we finalized our divorce. He’s living out of state with her and their baby girl.”

Cassandra tried not to sound bitter or discouraging, but it was her reality. She hated Don for a long time, it hurt that someone she once thought she loved could invoke those kinds of feelings. She hated what he did to their family and what it did to their daughter. The whole thing got very messy very fast.

---

‘That would suck, not being able to fit into anything cute or pretty. Well, for what it’s worth you make it work.’ Sable appreciated that even if there was very little she could do about it, Jasper did take good care of her body and did her best to make what she had work. Sable had it easy, a thin frame, modest, but not overly accentuated bust, and well-rounded hips. If there was anything she was self-conscious of, it was her behind. She corrected her posture as much as she could, but she thought she looked like she was smuggling hams. Despite her friends insisting otherwise.

A loud laughed escape Jasper as her head fell back "I can barely handle one woman, God forbid I manage to get two interested in me. You'd think with a body like this I would have all the confidence in the world. But I'm a clutz, a clutz wearing size fourteen mens shoes. Ducking under doors and having my feet hang off the end of most beds. An most women don't want to date trees. It's only thing to be a few inches taller, it's a whole other ball park when you stand nearly two feet taller than most women" she chuckled as she stood up and made her way to the fridge and pulling out a couple beers and offering one to Cass.

"Sounds like you got the shit end of the deal, sure you got the house, car and probably a decent chunk of cash. But it will never make up for the shitty feeling he left you with. I have the same feeling from my parents death, they did nothing wrong but suddenly they were gone. Killed in a hit and run, the fucker got away and got to keep living" she muttered as she cracked open the beer and took a drink. "Most of my siblings were already grown and out on their own, I was the one who just kind of got forgotten and had to deal with it. It's why I strive to fix everything on my own no matter what it costs me. Can't trust anyone to be there for me"

It was a rough lesson to learn at a young age, you couldn't trust anyone to stick around. They usually left by choice or by force.

Her phone dinged again causing Jasper to look down, chuckling slightly as she replied. 'Well it's a good thing I don't need to be cute and pretty to try and attract girls.' She wanted to add a winky face but felt it was too soon, she wanted to build a friendship first. 'So tell me what you enjoy doing, not many people are a health nut like me'

Setting her phone down she looked at Cass "Sorry about dropping my life story on you. But I figured it would be nice to know you're not the only feeling a little bit.. lost. If that's the right wording, hell I could be talking out my asa for all I know"

Cassandra shook her head, “It’s fine, never hurts to have someone to talk to about this kind of thing.” She took the can and opened it up. She was not the biggest beer drinker, she’d take a nice glass of wine any day, but it calmed her down. “I can’t sit here and say my life has been very ‘hard’, the divorce was a very trying time, but I’ve never known what it felt like to be financially unstable.” She paused and took another sip.

“It was hard in the beginning, being eighteen and a mom fresh out of high schoool, but Don and I made it work. We worked hard and it paid off in spades, but somewhere along the way, I guess we forgot we loved each other, then it was too late.” She sighed. She looked up at Jasper, “I sound like a TV drama.” She chuckled. “To be honest, I got the house and a good amount of money, but everything in it is mine. Don didn’t need it and we split our properties evenly so it was pretty cut and dry legally. But I always had the eye for interior design. Some things, Don bought, but most of this house was furnished by me.” Cassandra explained. She was fairly transparent with people about her situation, but it was nice opening up to Jasper all the same.

Cassandra heard the phone go off again and took her beer. “Well, I’ll leave you to your hot date.” She chuckled. “Have a good night.”

---

Sable laid on her bed as she awaited the next text. Glad to have found her evening’s entertainment. Doesn’t need to be cute and pretty to attract girls? A bold claim, Sable thought. She supposed there was an air of truth to that. Some girls are into butch chicks. Sable’s been with a couple of girls like that, as well as the cute fashionista types too. She enjoyed men and women of all flavors.

She answered back after the next message, ‘Well, I like to read and watch TV in my spare time. I like sketching too. Unfortunately, school and work eat up most of my free time, as I’m sure you know.’ Sable sighed, all work and no play, made Sable a dull girl. She thought to herself. It’ll all pay off in the end, was her mantra.

Waving Caas goodnight and closing her door Jasper moved to sit down on her bed, stretching out as she looked up at the ceiling. Cass had struggled, but she had survived and everything around Jasper was proof that there was a chance, a way for her to survive and do well. She just had to keep trying and keep pushing forward.

Looking down at her phone a smirk appeared on her face. 'Oh don't I know it. But when you have to work out for school it's like having a job that doesn't pay. An my professor is a complete asshole, if I'm not sweating when I walk into his class I'm not pushing my self hard enough. What kind of shows do you enjoy walking? I'm currently binging a couple old series off of Netflix or Amazon prime'

Sighing softly Jasper set her phone down, her hand resting on her stomach as she thought about everything. A small idea started forming in her head, what would Cass do if a woman did chase after her or hit on her. She was curious how she would react, probably not favorably.

‘Teacher’s ride my ass all the time too. They want to see you succeed and remember its just one semester. It’ll get better.’ Sable assured her. It was rough for her in the beginning too. Fresh out of high school she enrolled and moved out of her family home. She had to deal with tuition, loans, bills, rent, and everything else while balancing a job and school. It was suffocating, but she made it work and this second year was going a lot smoother for her already. Working at the restaurant landed her a favorable position as head hostess. She hoped to keep working her way up.

Sable dealt with her day to day grind well. Though as she got to know better Jasper better, she was starting to see the cracks forming. It started small, accidentally hitting her head on the door frames was one thing, but she was mixing up orders and spilling plates. It was not a pretty sight. All she could really do was watch from her hostess seat.

One instance a particular annoying group of regulars was giving her a hard time for her service. Sable very intentionally closed her book with a loud thud, getting their attention. She gave them a silent death glare to get them to straight up and leave the poor woman alone. Still tipped like shit.

According to Jasper, most of her tips were shit. This combined with an already overwhelming daily schedule was compounding the issue. “Jasper, you’re tanking.” She said mournfully under her breath whenever she saw Jasper serve a table incorrect and waste a meal. Sable could only do so much, lightening her load, giving her more forgiving customers, but regulars wanted their usual waitresses, and before long customers were catching on that Jasper was a less than favorable choice.

Sable hated seeing it, but this was not the job for her. And if she was correct, it soon wouldn’t be. Sable was worried Jasper was going to be fired any day now. It’d been a month and a half since they’d first started texting. She’d grown to like her, but she couldn’t help her with her job. Plus, Jasper pride wouldn’t let Sable intervene. She was afraid she’d wound Jasper pride. All Sable could do was pray it got better.

Everything was going to shit, classes were a lot heavier then Jasper expected. The work load was growing and the hours were getting longer, Jasper was meeting the end of her rope quicker then she ever expected. Ever day was weighing down on her, every day just made her feeling like she was failing more and more.

He only things she had to look forward to was the rare home cooked meal with Cass and her nightly conversations with Sable. Granted Jasper avoided talking about work, avoided it like the plague. She was horrible at her job, she was too big and too forgetful. She'd been warned by the boss if she kept fucking up she was gone.

An tonight was going to be the death of her, the place was busy every table was loaded and she was stuck dealing with a large ten top of loud demanding party girls. They wanted everything and they wanted it yesterday, their orders had all be heavily customized and edited because God forbid they just eat a normal item off the menu. Jasper had four of the plates in her hands as she walked towards the doors, dodging people as she tried to keep balance. But one wrong twist, one wrong move and she slammed her head into the door way hard enough that she fell back.

The food went flying, two plates covered a lady causing her to scream, the other two landed on Jasper herself as she landed flat on her back. "Jesus fucking fuck how fucking hard is it to just duck under a fucking door!" Her voice boomed as she held her forehead, the entire resturant went silent and turned to look at the commotion. Jasper's eyes shot open in horror as she looked around the area, her eyes landed on Sable and noticed the look of horror on the poor girls face.

The only noise Jasper could hear was the sound of heels clicking against the floor. The boss, well the bosses wife.. the biggest bitch in the world, Jasper knew she was fucked right then and there.

"Jasper, get up and get cleaned up. Go to my office, Sable take care of these customers. Comp their meals, give them our dry cleaners information and have their bill charged to our account. Divide Jaspers tables up to the rest of the staff and call Chase in to get some extra hands in here" the woman barked out orders as she turned to face the bar "Give everyone here a free drink, Now"

With that the woman turned around on her heel and stormed into her office and stared Jasper down. "You're fired, but I'm sure you know that. You will also be paying for the meals you ruined. Word of advise, don't swear in public in a service job. Now get out, use the back door" she snapped as she pointed to the door.

Jasper sighed as she made her way out, she could hear the whispers and the jokes. She couldn't believe how much she'd fucked up, she fucked up so bad that she was going to be broke. How the hell was she suppose to tell Cass, she didn't have enough for rent and she had no way of making extra cash.

Sable crossed her arms and pinched the bridge of her nose. “Goddamnit Jasper.” She whispered under her breath. The little outburst was going to be the death of her, and Sable knew it. She met Jasper’s gaze and sighed, Jasper could probably see the resignation on her face.

Sable was immediately on damage control. It was like lifeguard duty, everyone knew what to do in case of a drowning without a word being said, but when the boss’s wife barked out orders it gave the whole situation more gravity. She was already making the call and helping the ten top. She worked a bit of her magical job and somehow convinced them to stay. The promise of a comped meal and free drinks sweetened the pot, but Sable really had to sell it.

Next, all of Jasper’s other tables, she resorted to taking on a couple of her own near the hostess’s station. The whole time fighting a gnawing pit in her stomach that her friend was inevitably going to be axed. On top of that, she’ll be facing some pretty dire financial straits. Sable just hoped her landlord wasn’t a tyrant and understood the situation Jasper was in.

The night was rough from then on, but she completed the night, she ran the numbers with the boss and figured how much of a loss they’d be taking. Sable offered to comp some of it herself, but they swiftly declined and said it wasn’t her fault. Of course it wasn’t, but she wasn’t going to leave her friend out to dry when she needed the money.

She clocked out and stepped out into the night. She reached for her phone, ‘Hey...’ she texted Jasper, solemnly.

Jasper sighed as she laid down in her bed, her laptop sitting open with her bank account open and all her bills laying on the side table. She was doomed, completely doomed. She had two weeks to come up with the difference and had no idea how to do it. Even if she did manage to get a new job she wouldn't get a pay check for a few weeks and she doubted she was getting anything from her old job.

Holding her cold bear to her head she sighed, she felt like shit. She felt like a failure, complete and utterly a failure. As her phone went off she look at the message and sighed, she felt bad for Sable. The poor girl had to clean up her mess and probably had to deal with her disaster she left behind.

'Hey... guess I'm not made out to be a waitress' jokes, jokes would make it better. 'I guess I took the brunt of the fire for everyone, hopefully you managed to fix every thing after I decided to have a little food fight in the corner'

‘Don’t worry about it, you’re not the first waitress to implode on the job and you certainly won’t be the last.’ Sable tried to think of a way to comfort Jasper. ‘So waitressing didn’t pan out, there are a million other jobs out there. Maybe find a restaurant to bus at, or work retail, anything. Hell, you’re strong, there’s plenty of warehouses or home improvement stores you can get a job merchandising at.’

Sable laid down and sighed as she texted Jasper, thinking about how she could comfort her and help her decompress. It would do Jasper a lot of good if she could blow off some steam, Sable thought. She thought for a moment and eventually texted back. ‘Wait to come over?’

---

Cassandra heard the door from her room and the sound of loud footsteps going into the basement. “She’s back early?” She knew Jasper’s routine well enough to know this was not when her shift ended. It left her wondering. Cassandra set down her book and walked downstairs and into the basement. “Jasper, you’re back early. Is everything alright?” She didn’t want to pry, for a landlord, she still had a hard time divorcing it from being a mother.

She saw Jasper lying on her bed. Cassandra stood at the base of the stairs with a concerned expression. She was currently fearing the worst. The cracks were forming, had something finally broke and Jasper lost her job? She imagined the cascading whirlwind of emotions that all too many freshmen feel when they get truly overwhelmed by the harsh realities of real life.

'I know I can get another job, I just don't have the cash to cover rent and I dont know how forgiving my landlord is going to be about it. I mean I've barely been here a couple months and now I'm suddenly out of a job? How's that going to look? Not great' sighing heavily Jasper set her phone down on her bedside table as she pinched the bridge of her nose, she had to tell Cass and she had to tell her sooner then later.

Her entire body went stiff as she headed Cass at the base of the stairs, taking a deep breath she slowly sat up. Ignoring the second chime of her phone as she made her way out of her room and over to Cass to talk to her face to face. "I.. I got fired today, I got fired because I suck at being a waitress, I ended up ruining a few dinners because I didn't duck under a door.. " she explained as she looked down at the floor, she felt like she had failed the woman and was about to be punished for it.

"I wont have enough money for next months rent, mainly because my last paycheck from the job is going to pay for all the damages I caused for my own stupidity" she muttered as she dubbed the back of her neck, there had to be something anything she could do to stay. "An even if I manage to get a new job tomorrow I probably wouldn't get a paycheck in time to pay you. So I'm kind of in a rock and a hard place, but I would rather be honest with you then have you find out in a couple weeks when you come to collect.."

Biting her lower lip she felt her heart pounding in her chest as her throat went dry, she had an idea of what she could do to earn her place in the house but she doubted the woman would have any interest in such a weird idea

Back
Top Bottom