Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Favorite quotes from Movies/Books

"When real men do what they're supposed to, it's not always about what they want."-Kuwabara (Yuyu Hakusho)

d32223ab56ccc54a8ebdba7199df6902.gif

- Ash Williams, "Army Of Darkness"

It's a long one BUT:

"It is not enough. We stand in the dust at the end of centuries of useless sin and endless failure. The Legion was poisoned and we sacrificed an entire world to cleanse it. We failed. We are the sons of the only primarch to hate his own legion. There, again, we failed. We swore vengeance on the Imperium, yet we run from every battle where we don't possess overwhelming force over a crippled enemy. We fail, again and again and again. Have you ever fought a battle you'd struggle to win, with no hope of running away? Have any of us? Have you ever, since the Siege of Terra itself, drawn a weapon with the knowledge you might die? I will not see my life whored away without meaning. Do you hear me? Do you understand me, prince of cowards? I want vengeance against a galaxy that hates us. I want Imperial worlds to cower when we draw near. I want the weeping of this Empire's souls to reach all the way to Holy Terra, and the sound of suffering will choke the corpse-god on his throne of gold. I will cast a shadow across this world. I will burn every man, woman and child so the smoke from the funeral pyres eclipses the sun. With the dust that remains, I will take the Echo of Damnation into the sacred skies above Terra, and rain the ashes of twenty million mortals down onto the Emperor's palace. Then they will remember us. Then they will remember the Legion they once feared."

- Talos Valcoran

• Andy Dufresne, Shawshank -"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

“You were sweet when you didn't know who you are” - Sookie Stackhouse

My favorite quote from 'Dead to the World' when Sookie said it to Eric For more a simpler explanation, a vampire like Eric himself loses his memory and has a sweet side to his self from his constant 'I am going to make you do a million things to Sookie and give you no credit' Who knew? He lost his memory due to a curse and turns out sweet. Best part he tries to make Sookie tell him but she wouldn't.

A person is smart. People are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it! - Agent K, Men in Black
Well... darn, someone beat me to it. One of my favorite quotes. Another I like though since that was taken...

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." Galadriel (Lord of the Rings)

McCoy: "Go? Where are we going?"
Kirk: "Where they went."
McCoy: "Suppose they went nowhere?"
Kirk: "Then this will be your big chance to get away from it all."
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

"I am all the Sith!"

"And I'm all the Jedi."

- Rey
Star Wars Episode 9, The Rise of Skywalker.

Not a well loved movie to say the least, but that gave me chills.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Will you stop talking about the war!?"

"Me?! You started it!"

"We did not start it!"

"Yes you did, you invaded Poland."

- Basil Fawlty,
Fawlty Towers, Series 1, Episode 6.

Not a film or book I know, but damn was that funny :ROFLMAO:

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." - the Litany Against Fear, DUNE

"The day arrived. The sky split. On a thousand worlds, the god appeared and looked down on his people and smiled. And they screamed for they saw at last the visage of the being they worshipped, and they were afraid. Their screams lasted but an instant, for the newborn god breathed in and their souls were sucked from their bodies and drawn into his maw."

Fist of Demetrius, William King. Warhammer 40k just doesn't miss.

Back
Top Bottom