Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Favorite quotes from Movies/Books

Doom_Lad

Moon
Probably my favorite would be Arnold schwarzenegger yelling “GET TO THE CHOPPA!”. I’m a basic bitch lol

"The sixth century. Before men reasoned such things could not be. When all men knew they could." - Introduction in The Tower of Beowulf by Park Godwin

"You know my position, Drumknott. I have no particular objection to people taking substances that make them feel better or more contented, or, for that matter, see little dancing purple fairies – or even their god if it comes to that. It's their brain, after all, and society can have no claim on it, providing they're not operating heavy machinery at the time."- Vetinari, Discworld, Snuff.

"Yes, the newspapers were right: snow was general all over Ireland. It was falling on every part of the dark central plain, on the treeless hills, falling softly upon the Bog of Allen and, farther westward, softly falling into the dark mutinous Shannon waves. It was falling, too, upon every part of the lonely churchyard on the hill where Michael Furey lay buried. It lay drifted on the crooked crosses and headstones, on the spears of the little gate, on the barren thorns. His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead. "- James Joyce, Dubliners, The Dead.

"So what now, Jack Sparrow? Are we to be two immortals locked in an epic battle until Judgment Day and trumpets sound?"

"Or you could surrender."

-Captain Barbossa/Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

You should be happy. Isn't that what you've always wanted? Daddy's love? Daddy loved you so much he hid the most important thing the world has ever known... ..in you.

"We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the livelong day, but that up there? That's... that's the endgame. How were you guys planning on beating that?"
"Together."
"...We'll lose."
"Then we'll do that together, too."

- Tony Stark and Steve Rogers, Avengers: Age of Ultron

All kinds of inspiring and hype. The exchanges between these two have always been amazing but the last three quotes are on another level.

"Suddenly there was a humming in the air, and the bees were there too. They flowed out of Granny Weatherwax’s hive, circling Tiffany like a halo, crowning her, and swarm and girl stood on the threshold of the cottage and Tiffany reached out her arms and the bees settled along them, and welcomed her home.
And after that, on that terrible day when a farewell was said to the witch of witches, there was no more argument as Tiffany Aching became in all eyes the witch to follow." - Terry Pratchett, The Shepherd's Crown

Honestly you need the context of all the previous books for this to hit home like it did me. And also a tattoo of bees on your arm, heh.

In "The Eagle has Landed" (1976) an Army Officer is talking to his Mistress about going on some mission. She looks at him and says;

"I thought you loved me"

he responds with,

"Well, I can't help what you think".

It's a couple of throwaway lines but it's just brilliant.

"It's not the side of effects of the cocaine; I'm thinking that it must be love." - David Bowie, Station to Station

ALSO:
“The following evening as they rode up onto the western rim they lost one of the mules. It went skittering off down the canyon wall with the contents of the panniers exploding soundlessly in the hot dry air and it fell through sunlight and through shade, turning in that lonely void until it fell from sight into a sink of cold blue space that absolved it forever of memory in the mind of any living thing that was.” - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian. If I can write anything half as good as that, I'll be happy.

I come bearing a twofer!

"He held her. She looked up into his face and felt as if she were a priestess, her soul lost in the corners of a god's arrogant mouth; as if she were a priestess and a sacrificial offering, both and beyond both, shameless in her laughter, choking, something rising within her, too hard to bear."
-Ayn Rand, We the Living

"Please stay, I beg thee, and know that tonight I am thine."
-James Clavell, Shogun (I forget which volume)

𝗕𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿?” 𝗜 𝘀𝗮𝘆, 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝘀𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲. 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿?

𝗕𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲.” 𝗛𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝘆𝘀, “𝗜𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝘀𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲.

-𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘁 𝗔𝘁𝘄𝗼𝗼𝗱
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗱’𝘀 𝗧𝗮𝗹𝗲

Back
Top Bottom