Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Off Limits, really?\\ GuardianAngel-Fluffypuppy77

Fluffypuppy77

I is a raptor hat, moo
William Stipe came to the Isle of Tenmos when he was ten years old. He had been taken from his home on a slavers ship a full year ago and had his birthday in chains. Sure, the ship would stop to sell some slaves but he wasn't old enough to be on the stage; These slavers had morals.. Pah.
When he did hit ten and it was his turn off the ship, he had been woozy from being on the dry land, falling to his knees at the beginning of the show. But he must have had a good face to the people buying here, a Soldier in the army here bought him up. He was to be a servant to him alone for his carrying and other needs. That was fine. Least he wasn't on a ship.
This island was at war it turned out, and he was introduced to pain and fighting on the front lines.
He survived... his master did not. He had not been whipped he still had fine skills and the commander of the army brought him to his home; the castle.

Once just a kid now was truly trained with, taught to read along side other royal bloods... and Today... Today was his 20th birthday. A small hum of the birthday tune he had heard other kids receive, Will stayed straight back. Standing along side him was his commander; his freedom giver after five years and a job giver.
He was of the royal guards now himself, an honor not many could say a slave had ever received. Ex slave....

"Quit that, Will. This is not the time." Lucky he did, the door swung wide and as diplomats and captains filed out so did the people they guarded; The royal majesty the King, her royal highness the queen and their daughter.
Right, stay professional.

The Isle of Tenmos was a rather beautiful place, or at least it had been until war had broken out. Now all around it was pain and suffering, for everybody. Commoners, royalty, slaves, it didn't matter, everybody was suffering somehow because of the war. And now it seemed that diplomats were gathering at the royal palace, along with the captains of the army, and even the commander himself.
The king and queen just looked at everybody that was gathered there at the time, before the king was just examining William for a brief moment in time. "The boy has grown up much since the last time I saw him." he spoke towards the young man's freedom giver, his commander. Yes the king and queen remembered when their commander had shown up with the boy a number of years ago. Asking their permission to train him as a guard, and at first they had been a little unsure about it, but they had agreed to it. They most definitely didn't regret it at all.

"Why exactly have you gathered us here today?" one of the diplomats questioned as they rose from their spot and just looked directly at the king, although the tone of voice was what had everybody just looking towards them. The queen herself had eyes locked on the person as well, there being a slight look of annoyance on her features. The princess on the other hand was just sitting in her spot working on some needlework, although she was listening to the conversation, just staying out of it. Right now her place was to be seen, not heard. See how long that went. Princess Lunaria (no mole by lip) just looked up briefly when she heard the tone of voice from the rather annoyed diplomat. Her attention did turn briefly towards her mother who had made a slight noise of annoyance as well.

Well weren't these people just rude as all get up.

The commander only bowed a diligent head to the compliment given, closing the family in the room. They could let any one in this chamber, wether or not they were allowed to leave alive was why they were here.
But that was a rush of happiness to the once slave, own head bowed once the king’s back was turned. Eyes kept a faithful gaze over the many people here, but he always returned them to the royal couple that employed him... and their daughter.
While not sheltered, the princess and him had never truly met; though she has been around to check on the barracks.
Eyes moved once more before going to the Queen- the daughter didn’t seem to have much of her mother... or father in her; that gold hair and fair skin stood out against her tanned family members. Must just be lack of sun time. Will itched his back on the post of which he stood; that thought irritated his sun burns from training.
No, she didn’t look as if she was born to them but that wasn’t his place to say; he was already 15 when he met the young girl.

There were a number of people that had said that the princess looked nothing like her parents, that she was simply a bastard child that had been taken in by the king and queen. But if anybody had seen her great grandmother, then they would see the family resemblance. Her great grandmother had the same golden hair and fair skin that Lunaria had, even the same piercing emerald green eyes. Hell Lunaria could be her great grandmother reborn for all anybody knew. While her father strongly took after his mother, who had dark hair. Bloodlines were strange most of the time. Sometimes you got genes that hadn't been seen in a number of generations, such as the case of Lunaria.

"You have all been gathered here today...to discuss this war. The Isles has been at war long enough, and it is time that it ended." the king spoke after a moment in time before he was looking towards his wife, who was already getting to her feet as well, after whispering something into her daughter's ear. More just telling her to find an excuse to leave the room.
Lunaria was just looking up from her needlework for a moment in time, just examining the diplomats that were standing in front of them. Oh it seemed like some of them had snuck in some weapons. "Father. If you don't mind my intrusion." Lunaria spoke in a soft voice after a moment in time as she rose and glided over to her father, her emerald green dress twisting around her legs. The king was giving her a gesture to continue speaking before she spoke, "I shall be taking my leave from this diplomatic meeting, which I have the feeling is going to turn into a bloodbath rather soon. It would appear that despite it being stated that no weapons were allowed, a rule that even our own guards have abided by, some of the diplomats have brought weapons. Such as the man over there that had given attitude upon arrival."

Well that was something that the king hadn't even noticed. Yet again he hadn't really been looking at all. This had him giving an incline of his head before he was looking towards the commander, and giving a slight jerk of his head. An indication for him to be sending one of his men with Lunaria, to be safe.

"Follow the princess." the commander ended up speaking to William in a low voice. And was then telling him in a low voice to make sure that he got himself a weapon. He wasn't sure how this situation was going to turn out. Now that he was actually looking, there were actually a few that had weapons.

Wait! Weapons? The commander and Will had even checked their sides, which meant they they had been hidden. A hiss of ‘go’ to his young apprentice had him shutting the two youngsters out of the room. “That’s not right....” The Queen and daughter should be retreating while he stayed to fight.
But such was the case the princess and him were sent away. “Your majesty, I need my gear. Please. This way.” An Will directed her with out touching; no touching ever.

Lunaria was retreating out of the room, although she did just look back towards the door for a brief moment in time, a bit of concern written on her features. The guards would have checked them before they came in, which told her that weapons had been hidden prior. Those diplomats hadn't been there in a while, which told her that there were traitors on the inside.
"We are alone. It is Luna." Lunaria spoke as she picked up the hem of her dress and was following after him, down the hallway. Good thing she wasn't fearful at that point in time, or if she was it didn't show. She was much like her mother, she didn't allow bloodshed to scare her. Physically anyways. She wasn't going to appear weak in the eyes of the enemy, and she wasn't going to sit on the sidelines.
"You have confusion written on your features. Confusion as to why my mother, the queen, didn't retreat as well. Between us, mother doesn't have long to live." Lunaria spoke as she followed him, although soon enough they had arrived to his quarters so that he could get his stuff.

That was news to him! Though he was a guard, not everything filtered down to him, despite being the right hand of the commander. "Your Majesty, Miss Luna... It's.... Not easy to loose the formality..." Will ducked his head in a bow, left the door wide open to his room and scrambled for his chest armor. Not heavy duty for all out war, just a thick thing of training leather.
"Im sorry to hear, your Queen mother has to deal with some illness; that still doesn't mean she needs to stay in there. Not trying to tell you how to live..." he was only mentioning his thoughts out loud.
A sword gained and strapped to waist and though he hesitated grabbed a blade from a desk drawer and presented it to the princess. "Majesty, I dont know if you know me if just heard from passing, but I am William Stipe. I Swear I will do everything I can to protect you.... Even if this is a false alarm. Just please dont stab me if I scare you."

Lunaria just gave a small chuckle before she spoke, "I suppose that is true." With that she was just following after him and was looking around as she entered his room behind him, staring near the door but out of sight of anybody that was out in the hallway.
"My mother isn't somebody who would retreat. She is a warrior through and through. Actually when fighting on the front line, I'm sure you've probably fought at her side a few times. After all.... my father isn't a warrior." Lunaria spoke after a moment in time. In truth it was the queen who went out on the battlefield wearing the king's armor, not that many people truly knew this fact. And there were a few times when Lunaria had gone out on the battlefield herself, going with the medical unit.

Ah, a healer. Flipping the little dagger with practiced ease, it went in his boot as he then looked down each hall before looking back to the young woman. "You have your safe room key, or do we need to go get that too?" Will's voice was quiet but to the point; this question judged which way they went first; to the guard house or to the safe room direct.
Here a royal was in the bedding barracks of a soldier, if it had been anybody else whom sent her here, he could have his head gone for hosting the royal. But as it was under her fathers orders and the commanders, he won't get punished... if found by them. But the others didnt know and might say he hurt her.... or actually try to do things. They needed to hurry away from here...

"I always have it on me." Lunaria spoke after a moment in time before she was withdrawing the chain from around her neck, and revealing the key that was on it, and hiding beneath her dress. This had her brushing some hair out of her face before she was stepping away from the wall so that they could leave the room. Time to get to the safety of the safe room once again, and hope that everything was going to stay alright. Her attention did turn towards the shouts that could be heard down the hallway, well that was a familiar shout from one of the captains.
Did she really want to go to the safe room? Not really. Not while there were enemies there. No she wanted to help somehow. "No we aren't going to the safe room. Instead we are going up." Lunaria spoke after a moment in time as she looked towards him and was heading off down the hallway, knowing he would have to follow. No some of those diplomats had been there before, they knew where the saferoom was. But they would never expect them to head to where the old apothecary use to reside, before he had passed away.
But Lunaria wasn't afraid to go there, actually it was where she went often when she wanted to be left alone. And when the apothecary had been alive still, he had taught her the art of potion making. Turns out she had quite the aptitude for potion making. And she could whip up a couple that could be rather dangerous and deadly to an enemy.

"Wait... Thats...." but glad he took the leather, lighter as he hurried after the blonde headed princess. "Majesty.... We cant just roam the halls this fast... we need to be stealthier." But he didnt touch the girl; protocols first. Why did she have to go off the planned exit to this issue. Yes he heard the screams but he was this woman's guard... To her he stayed.

Lunaria just looked towards him before she spoke, "We aren't that noisy other than the talking. And right now, with a meeting going on, none of the guards should be down here in the barracks. They will be out patrolling, our out doing whatever else they were assigned to do." With that she was giving a shrug before she was heading towards the end of the hallway and walking down another corridor. A corridor that was labeled as off-limits by everybody. More because they were superstitious. And this was the hallway that would lead to the tower, which is where they were headed at the time. "Besides. Nobody comes down here ever. Not any more. Everybody is too afraid to." Lunaria spoke as she walked up to another door which she was pulling up, to reveal a set up stairs that lead up.

"Because it's haunted." Will hissed out, pausing at the folding steps. He eventually followed the princess but he didnt like it.
"You still see movement up here, we all know the man died, so it cant be him." He had been here long enough to meet the old man, on an errand from his commander. William had picked up a pain powder for his bosse's knee and while the man was nice when he was alive, who knew what he was like as a ghost?!
"I really hope this place has good locks, your majesty."

Lunaria was giving a giggle before she spoke, "It isn't haunted at all. About the only person who ever comes up here is me. This is where I go to get away from people." With that she was heading up the stairs and pushing up the door at the top of the tower, so that they could enter the chamber. There were still a number of alchemy things just laying around, and a few potions that seemed to be brewing. She was actually going over to check on a few of the potions before she spoke, "I'm the new apothecary." Well in a sense anyways. She had studied quite a bit under the old man before he had passed away, and was always studying to learn more. But she definitely wasn't a master that he was, but she was working her way there.

There was a very still pause that was broken by a bubbling pop and Will making a sour face. “You? But you shouldn’t be up here. If something were to have happened?!” he threw his hands to the air, loosing all composure that he had not more then 2 minutes ago. “If you got burned or hurt and couldn’t get down; no one would have even bothered to check up here!” he didn’t move from this door way, allowing the princess to work. Sure he was upset she would sneak up here to play with potions, but stopping her he wouldn’t do. Not his place to tell her that; just worry his head off like a good guard.

"Mother and father know that if I cant be found within my chambers, the library, or out watching the soldiers train, I can be found here." Lunaria spoke after a moment in time before she was pushing some hair from her face. With that she was grabbing a couple of the finished vials and putting a label on them.

Only a frumpy face crossed the guards features as he closed the door and gingerly stepped around a barrel of what looked like rose buds.

He was smart enough to know some nature despite being the past five years. “Still doesn’t mean that it’s a wise idea...”
Hands behind his back as he read her fancy script writing and then saw the old man’s style... He learned to read back home when he was little, and again here to help dictate notes for his first master. Lucky for him, the old mans scratchy writing was his home language.
“Really? I don’t know if you can read this, your majesty... but the old man makes aphrodisiacs.... and judging by that green, really potent.”
Will leaned away to look at the scurrying woman putting labels on. Errands, the only reason he knew what this was.... pain meds weren’t always what the commander would get....

"I know what he makes, I knew all about it. How do you think I learned. He thought me, he showed me. Although I stray away from stuff like that. I stick to more of the health and healing potions.... or even some of the ones he wouldn't dare test out. More dangerous ones. Useful against enemies." Lunaria spoke after a moment in time before she was just handing him a vial without looking towards him.
"Useful for when you keep to get away. The powder temporarily blinds those that are around. And yes it is temporary, I've had a few soldiers offer to be guinea pigs." she spoke after a moment in time. Brave souls they were.

With two hesitant fingers, he took the vial with care. "Uh.... How would I use this... let alone keep it safe?" he questioned her. The girl wasn't even looking at him... This place didnt feel safe... but only because of all the potions up here.
He didnt like it very much in many reasons. "Are you doing alright with this, majesty?"

"Just throw it on the ground and the vial with shatter. No need to worry about picking up the glass. This is the old man's vials. They seem to just disappear after a few days. Like the biodegrade or something." Lunaria spoke after a moment in time before she was turning to look at him for a moment in time. There was a different vial that she was holding in her hand before she spoke, "I'm doing perfectly alright. But now... I wish to return to the throne room."

A relieved sigh to be leaving the tower and Will opened the door back up. The strap near his belt had a tie for his dagger- one he lost forever ago in swamp water. Thats another time to remember but at least it fit this little vial.
"On my lead, your majesty? Or do you trust yours halls?" A slide to keep the door wide and an eye to the stairs, Will waited for the young lady to leave the room before closing the door back up.

Lunaria looked towards him for a moment in time before she spoke, "No need to be so afraid of this tower. It isn't haunted at all. I was the one who started spreading the rumor. I didn't want people to come up here. This is the one place I can get away to and not have people constantly bothering me." With that she was heading down the stairs before stopping down at the bottom of the stairs, just listening to the yelling that could be heard.
"We are going to go and stop this annoying fighting." she hummed after a moment in time.

Solid steps followed the princesse's light feet, keeping her guarded against anything. Sure, she had faded the ghost issue, but the vials still worried him with out a 'master' behind them- she was still learning. He didnt voice that anymore though after he followed her footfalls down the halls and to the throne room.
They had left her parents and guests in a room on the side of the throne room, not connected... but he looked to the empty hall that lead to the four chairs in the end... No, the Queen only had this daughter. That had been placed there for ambassadors that visit or a potential child but that never was fulfilled.
"Miss.... Lunaria..... how?"

Lunaria looked towards him for a brief moment in time before she was giggling and just holding up the vial that she had snagged. There was a mischievous look on her features before she spoke, "You'll see soon enough." With that she was heading off towards the side room where the yelling could still be heard and the guards that were outside actually looked a bit confused at first. "Open the doors." was all she said and they were doing as she ordered, and she was striding into the room. Well that got everybody to quite down fast.
Her parents were just looking over towards her although it seemed to be her mother that saw that she was holding something, and she was whispering something to the king, and the pair were just sitting down. Leave their daughter to speak at that point in time. "The fighting will end, here and now. Today. Everybody will agree to it or.... I'll just end it myself. A number of you aren't actually ambassadors, but actual leaders. You just pretend that you aren't a ruler. The people of the Isles are living in fear that they will lose their homes, their loved ones, all because us nobles are being greedy." Lunaria spoke after a moment in time.
Was she surprised that the commander was coming up to her side? Not at all. After all, he was usually the one that had always been at her side. Her own guardian, back before her parents realized that perhaps she didn't really need one. With that she was holding up the little vial in her hand before she spoke, "All it will take is me dropping this vial, and everybody within this chamber will be dead. So now everybody is going to take a breath and start talking everything through like adults." The expression that she had was rather neutral, and wouldn't hint towards anything.
Yeah the vial would do something, but it wouldn't kill anybody. Nope it would just end up putting everybody to sleep for a good hour or so.

William had followed her all this way now, but this proclamation was outrageous! He would get good off by his commander later, the others wondering why she wasn't in the safe room.
He continued to follow her in to the room though, past the looks and doors with his belt of steel. At this point the guards outside were only there to rush in if needed, they didn't stop his sword. Stepping to the side of the raised platform, he didn't follow her to speaking though. That platform wasn't for him. An internal cringe that all would die and like him many people in the room stepped back; like that would help against it?...

"Why should we!? If it gets a whole family out of power, our people can add our own to the throne!" A brave but stupid man refused to sit at the tests return. A little pen blade swirling in his gloved fingers.

Back
Top Bottom