Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stars and Magic: A Teen Titans RP (MysteriousD & Ms.Goody2shoez94)

MysteriousD

Star Fudge
Jump City... a beautiful city found off the coast of Oregon. It’s known for its San Francisco and Bostonian influences, the successful harbor, its cultural collection, and of course, being the base of the Teen Titans. A collection of young superheroes in training, they hone their skills and protect Jump City from its fair share of super criminals and other madmen, likely due to its occultic past, financial importance and the nearby government sites/laboratories. However, time goes on and people grow. Many local shops have founds themselves displaced and replaced by corporate highrises, more people began going in yet some things remain the same.

Like the Teen Titans around Jump City, though they were older now. In fact, some were different. The truth was they would be moving from Jump City and with most criminals out, they thought it was time for them to head out and try new things.

However, in the meanwhile, there was still criminals out and new threats. But with new threats... came new heroes.

Diego Vendrix was one of those heroes. From the outset, he did not look like anyone special. Granted, he would get an odd look because of his dress, that being wearing a trench coat and fedora, even if it helped with the weather. Here though, it was an homage to his master... Doctor Occult. The oldest modern hero, he was in activity back when many of the legendary Justice Society of America were just kids and thus he was held in quiet reveration by them and those who knew of him... he and the Crimson Avenger symbolized the beginning of the era of the superhero.

And such, Diego was following his footsteps, entrusted with his Mystic Symbol of the Seven. Currently, he was a bit unknown and an amateur detective, but he was still a hero, helping out the team againstt the Amazing Mumbo, who was currently trying to brainwash people to become his "assistants", indicated by their blusih skin and formal attire. However, thanks to the Symbol, he could exorcise the magic out of them.

Since being on Earth, the only thing that Starfire had ever been linked to is her friends and their fight for peace from criminals in their city. With the decline in criminals to go after, it made her friends start looking for the things that they would do next. Just like when regular children transition into adults, it was a time of change and decisions.

Sometimes Star felt as if she was the only one without something to look forward too, so much of her identity was wrapped in these friendships that she felt uncertain about her fate. Cyborg was considering going all the way to Central city, he had been offered a position at S.T.A.R. Lab. Robin too was heading east back to Gotham, but he was going to go to college. Beast Boy was recently reconnecting with some friends from the past and spending more and more time with them. As much as she loved Raven, she had always been more of a loner and has been spending more time learning the depth of her powers. Which means she spent a lot of time isolated in her room and anyone who interrupted her would pay the consequences.

With everyone else being busy, Starfire spent a lot of time patrolling the city from above, look for anything to that appeared abnormal. On the news there had been some alerts about people appearing to have cyanosis and medical professionals were having trouble finding a cause. Keeping her ear to the ground had not provided her without information, but she was able to piece together some possible locations by pinpointing the spots where all the victims had been found.

All of the reported sighting and the two captures had happened in the warehouse district. She examined a few of the different buildings before she found some activity. Through a large window on top of a building she saw that the probably abandoned warehouse been turned into a small theater. There were a bunch of brown metal folding chairs facing and empty platform with lighting all around, almost everyone of the seat were filled, and like the description they were all a strange shade of blue and with extremely formal clothing. Star could only think of one person who would do this sort of thing.

She checked her surrounding, she needed a way in that was a little more guarded than breaking in from the roof. She noticed there was a back door with a bouncer like person, and there were a few more blue people who were entering the "venue".

The door would be wide open and the people unsuspecting. She dropped down next to the bodyguard and before he could get a chance to relax or raise the alarm she gave him a swift punch that laid him out. This was her chance to get a better view of what was the security like inside.

Diego meanwhile had just cured the latest person and this one wa s abit more well together regarding their bearings. They explained to him about how they saw some of their friends were going about and walking to somewhere. They could not remember much else, likely due to the fact that they wer ein a trance at the time. Diego asked if they could remember anything else though when they checked their car, the GPS was put to head toward a specific warehouse. Diego thanked the man and began heading there in his car.

Diego did not like cars much, or rather he did not like driving them. Likely because he found the entire experience of driving to be stressfult. However, he could nto get on foot and it was not like he could fly or such. Maybe he could eventually learn some magic to help with that, but for now, he stuck with what he knew. And that was driving his old Beetle around to get where he needed to go. He adjusted himself and looked at the warehouse.

However, it was who was there that surprised him.

It was Starfire. Ever since he was a teenager and he visited the City during a classtrip, he remembered seeing Starfire for the first time. Her smile. Her waving. He pretty much gained the biggest crush on her right then and there. Since then, he devoted to following her, which was why he accepted going to Jump University over when he got old enough to. Just so he could spend more time around her and get to meet her.

He followed her to the other side of the building, where there was a back door there. One with a bodyguard, dressed like your standard circus strong man, but blue and with a jovial expression on his face.

Diego saw Starfire punch him out and Diego went to try and exorcise the man. He no longer looked as brutish, though his wear gave Diego the impression he was a willing participant. "Looks like you can use some help," Diego said, going up to Starfire's side and introducing himslef. "I'm... I guess you can me Occult. Don't have an official title yet. You're Starfire, right? It's really nice to meet you," he said. He was hiding his mouth with a scarf though he had a clearly excited look on his face.

She was surprised when the man appeared beside her and even more so when he started to heal the bodyguard. She hadn't heard him come up behind her a moment ago. Her eyes searched him curious about his costume. She was used to people hiding their identity, but she could barely see any part of him. The main thing she could see was his eyes, and they were extremely expressive. "Its nice to meet you. I think that your skills might be more helpful after we get through Amazing Mumbo. He's kind of a trickster, we'll have to be careful."

She cracked open the door slightly, just enough so that she see into the room . There two other body guards, both with blue skin and a strongman suit, and they were standing behind the crowd full of people. Mumbo was not on the stage yer, he was probably preparing for his "show". Turning back to Occult,"I will take down the guard on the far side of the room, and you get the one on this seide," she waited for his confirmation.

"Ready. Set. Go!' she opened the door and raced through to the guard on the far side, easily taking him out. The crowd was filled with cries as they saw the what happened and started to panic. "Can you try to reverse as many people as you can before he realizes what is happening," there were about fifteen people or so.

Diego was pretty excited meeting Starfire and he could not help but admire everything about her up close. Plus, she seemed genuinely happy for the assistance. He nodded when she pointed out they needed to be careful. He saw the group of the people who were under similar magical incantations. "Why bother enchanting them?" Diego wondered out loud before Starfire noted that they needed to take out the guards. Starfire went and knocked one out while Diego went to the other.

"Hey! Whacha doin?" he asked before Diego looked. "My own magic," Diego said as he flashed the Mystic Symbol of the Seven and exorcising the possession that Mumbo put on the thug. He passed out as Mumbo's magic left him. When Starfire asked if he could reverse the process, he nodded. Diego took out the Mystic Symbol and flashed it. Channeling magical energies, he began using it to purge the possession from the audience.

"What are you doing to my assistants?!" Mumbo said, looking huffy someone was upstaging him. Diego looked at him and was briefly reminded of what Doctor Occult once told him. That nothing in magic is free. The price always involved suffering. However, he had currently been only dealing with physical suffering, undergoing pain when he cast magic. When Mumbo tried firing a beam of magic, Diego generated a force field to deflect it.

"It was going to be a magnificant show, robbing all the backs of Jump City and now you ruined it," Mumbo proclaimed.

Starfire had not expected him to take on Mumbo, she had never heard of him and knew nothing of his powers, but he quickly showed that he could hold his own against the villain. What really surprised Star, was the same way he wielded his force field, it reminded her do much of Raven, but his magic was different. His personality, or what she gleaned of it so far, as well as his powers were so different from Raven's they didn't come from a dark place. He seemed almost the total opposite, a ray of light and hope.

Recovering from her shock, Star knew that she had to act, there were many people sitting around and watching the commotion like they're not in danger. She could tell that this battle would most likely destroy the inside of the warehouse, so she ushered out all the former "assistants". Most of them were confused about their location and it took some prodding to get the slow and confused out of danger.

Though he was holding his own, Star ran to Occult's side when she had gotten everyone to safely. "Nice job holding him Occult," she was ready to do her part. She would have to find a nickname to his super name because it was quite the mouthful. She stepped back into a fighting stance ready help take on Mumbo.

Last edited:
“Well, when it comes to assistance, quality is better than quantity,” Mumbo said before aiming a blast of magic at Starfire... that Diego got in front of and repelled away with the Mystic Symbol of the Seven. “How do you keep doing tha-? Oh, OH! So you’re the new whiz kid around. Well, your tricks are nice, but mine are better,” Mumbo said to Diego before binding him in some rings.

“Doctor Occult’s old news and you’re no user like Dr. Fate or Her,” Mumbo said, that last part seething. “I wonder if he’s talking about Raven,” Diego commented as he was trying to break out. Physical strength was not his strong suit though.

“No! I mean Zatanna! Stealing my audience,” he said angrily. “She was around first and she’s a better magician than you,” Diego commented as he tried to break out.

“And I’m not a kid. I’m Occult,” Diego respondes to the mad magician.

She was hoping that Occult wasn't letting him get in his head, she needed him focus for whatever was calling came next.

Mumbo had used three rings to bind Occult to keep him from using his amulet. She broke the top one apart with her hands, but before she had a chance to get another off,Mumbo was sending rings toward her. She sped off out out the way, but she dropped her ally on the concrete floor. There was one more ring locking his arms in place and another locking his legs together. Star figured it was better to attack him head on so she would have more time to get Occult out.

Without hesitating she charged at Mumbo, she missed the first few rings he threw at her, he eventually got one around her shoulders and with a quick flex of her chest the ring popped off. She plowed right through him before turning back to unleash Occult.

"I can grab onto him we just need a way to hold him down without him breaking out".

Diego was free from one of the rings, but the others were on. However, he was able to move his arm briefly into a better position so even when he was bound once more, he still had access to the Symbol. Despite some difficulty, he managed to get up.

Diego pointed out his symbol at Mumbo and began flowing. “What are you doing?” He shouted as his head was hurting and the wand was glowing. “Snapping you out of it!” He said as he was undoing the magic of the wand. However, it also left him vulnerable.

“Break the wand!” He shouted at her, having him distracted

Starfire leaped forward easily grabbed the wand from Mumbo, her strength was no match for her. She tried to break the wand the first time and it didn't break completely, the wand bent a little but at this point it was still recoverable. She took a deep breath and put pressure on both of need of the wand, the second time was the charm the wand snapped in half and she could feel the energy leaving the wand. Whatever essence that gave the wand it's power was leaking out and Mumbo knew it, she could tell by the blood curdling screams that he knew he was back to being an average person.

Grabbing some random rope that was on the ground Star tied him up, finishing her not with a bow. "Isn't it the most perfect bow," she looked over at Occult. She had forgotten that she needed to release him. The rings broke easily under her hands. For what was impossible for other was the equivalent of squishing a marshmallow.

"We make such a good team," her bubbleliness shining through now that their mission was complete. She reach out for a high five. "I guess we can just turn him over to the authorities. We're lucky no one was seriously hurt. "

"Well it is a nice bow," Diego complimented her as he admired how she effortlessly freed him with her strength. It was not just Starfire's beauty, heart and kindness that drew him to her, but it was also the fact that she possessed a great deal of strength and power. "Y-yeah, I guess we do," Diego blushed, smiling at her smile. He gave her a high five with a grin! He got to fight alongside Starfire! It was awesome!

"Yeah, we should definitely turn him in," Diego said to her with a smile. They turned him over to the police, who had arrived to check up and investigate on Mumbo and take him in, thanking them for their work. From what Diego noted, it actually got pretty quiet in Jump City. Many of the criminals seemed to have gone away or attracted to other venues. Perhaps that was why he did not see as much of the Titans as he did so.

"Maybe we can celeberate by going out to eat?" Diego suggested to her before blushing a bit once more as he realized he more or less asked her out on a date. When it came to appearance, Diego was pretty average. He was of the exact average male height though appeared a bit shorter due to his stocky frame. He had black hair and brown eyes so not much special there and his face could be considered boyish in a sense. Beyond that and the tan skin showing he was of Mexican hertiage (though not as tan as one would epect the typical Mexican of being), he was viewed as ordinary. Sure, he never got breakouts of zits and always took care of his hygiene so he was not ugly, but he did not think people would consider him handsome.

"Oh yes! We must go eat, even though I've lived here from quite sometime I love eating Earth food. Especially pizza, I love that I can put whatever toppings I want on pizza," her friends usually ordered her a separate pizza because she was known for having such weird pizza toppings combinations. How was she to know that chocolate sauce and peperonni didn't go together, she just knew that she liked peperonni and chocolate.

"We must go and celebrate with pizza. I saw that you brought your car, but to be truthful I'm not used to being couped up in a car. Not that you car is small, but I'm just used to flying everywhere!" She quickly half apologize when she realize that she sounded like she insulted his car. In fact if Star knew how to drive it was probably the kind of car that she would have, but she would probably never learn to drive.

Diego loved seeing Starfire be excited and he felt a sense of elation knowing it was because of him. "Yeah, you can do alot with pizza!" Diego told her with a smile. "However, I tend to be pretty basic with my choices. Either extra cheese or pepperoni," he said, shrugging his shoulders though he still smiled at being with her. "No worries! I know my car is a bit small, but I love my Bug. Besides, it's got an odd sort of charm to it," Diego told her with a smile as he looked at it.

"Well, I wouldn't mind you carrying me though I am a little scared of heights. Maybe we can walk over to a pizza place and talk while we do so?" Diego suggested to her. Given how the warehouse district was among the busiest with various longshoreman and late night workers, there were more than a few eateries open in the night, and he spotted two or three pizza places nearby they could go to. After all, it'd feed all of hungry physical workers pretty well.

While DIego was walking with Starfire, he wanted to know more about her. He had undone his scarf and left his coat and hat in his car, so he was just wearing a jacket underneath along with still his cargo pants and his shoes. "How's it like being on Earth for you?" he asked her, wanting to know more about her.

"I wish you would let me carry you. You would not be the first person I carry up with me. You know I'm super strong, so I won't drop you. I would also promise not to fly too fast and scare you. I would probably stay closer to the ground, so I wouldn't scare you too much. It's just something to think of for the future". Usually people tended to react well when she carried them because she always tried to be gentle. If she could lift Cyborg with no problem, she would have no problem lifting Occult.

In not time they were off down the road looking for a pizzeria. They were a odd looking couple in the way they looked. Starfire was pretty well know in the area and people were well verse in her tall and lithe shape. And she was almost always seen in her purple costume. As people would pass by it was Occult who caught their eyes, they were all curious about the man who wearing a trench coat. Even in a place that had plenty of fog and cold weather, trench coats had kind of faded out for hoodies.The stares went mostly unnoticed to Star, when she was with the rest of the Teen Titans they garnered a good amount of stares.

She couldn't help but wonder about the man standing next to her. She knew that the humans wore costumes to protect the people around them, but some of the people that she was closer too she had been able to see them out of costume. One person in particular she had seen out of costume more than in costume.

The walk to a nearby pizzeria was very short, after they put the order in for their food they found a table in the corner. "You obviously know about me, tell me about you," she had noticed certain things about him. He was an average cute looking guy,but she wondered about the amulet.

"I trust you my life. It's just also something I need to help dealing with," Diego told her, giving her an appreciative smile. He did mean it though. While heights was something he was pretty unnerved by, he would not mind Starfire carrying him. On the contrary, he would probably be happy to. For now though, he would probably prefer just walking and getting to know her while on the walk.

Meanwhile, Diego did note the stares, but did not pay much mind. He kept the coat close to him. The trench coat was a bit magical, belonging to his mentor. The magic did not do much beyond provide some passive protection but it did mean he can wear it in more weather one could expect a trench coat to be comfortable in. Besides, he tried to be spiffier than John Constantine.

Diego did blush a bit at what Starfire mentioned in regards to how he knew alot about her and then she asked him about himself. "Most of my life I was an ordinary person. I went to school, got good grades and trying to deal with the future. Of course, I never had a lot of friends growing up, but I did like reading, especially about the occult and other magic stuff. I guess my life changed in two big ways. First was when I visited here a couple years ago back when I was in high school. I actually got to see you and the other Titans save the day and I really wanted to know more about superheroes," Diego explained to her, a bit sheepish on how he got into stuff. In more than afew ways, he was a bit like Control Freak, but much healthier, being only a bit chubby at most compared to the rotund villain. Also, way, way nicer.

"When I began looking into superheroes, I wanted to know more, and that's when I learned about Doctor Occult. For the Titans and other young superheroes, we look up to the Justice League. For some members of the Justice League and other adults of the time, they looked up to the Justice Society of America. The ones around World War 2 and really brought the idea of the superhero family together. But they... the Society, they looked up to Doctor Occult. A detective who used magic... the first man who one could call the first modern superhero," Diego explained, getting passionate into it. "I wanted to meet him and get to know about him. Turns he's retired for the most part and when I helped him with some magic thing... he offered to train me," Diego said, his smile softening.

"I had to learn a lot of stuff on being a detective and on magic. It was alot of hard work, but he believed in me and I kept going. Now, he's leaving it up to me. He inspired me to go and be the hero I wanna be and now I wanna do the same for others in my own way," he said, looking at the Mystic Symbol of the Seven.

Star realized how unique his story was. So many other heroes did not have a mentor to look up to and learn from. While so many heroes looked up to heroes from the generation before, very few actually go to speak with them let along anything else. He had obviously had an extensive amount of training, because he seemed to utilizes his skills very confidently when faced with danger. It made her think of her own story, her descent to Earth, and all the thing she had learned about herself since being here.

Her eyes fell to his symbol as spoke of his hopes and goals. She too wanted to live up the expectation that the people had for her. She had always been a part of the team and now that they all had other things going on she wondered if she would be as efficient on her own.

Maybe she wasn't meant to be on her own, it seemed like it was fate for her to meet Occult,- . It didn't seem right to call him bu superhero name anymore. "Its up to you, but do you really want me to call you Occult all of the time? I mean right now we're out in public and anyone could overhear what we're saying. We wouldn't want your personal life to to mix with this, because this can become a bit much". She couldn't help but wonder how his family felt about what he was doing?

When their pizzas came, Star wasted no time chowing down on her food. She had ordered pizza with pepperoni, bacon, banana peppers, and marshmallows. She had a little bit of every flavor sweet, sour, bitter, spicy, and umami. It was perfection.

Diego looked surprise as she asked him what she should call him and then Diego began thinking more on this. While he thought this would just be a one-time thing, the way Starfire phrased her question implied that they would be working together more often in the future. He liked that idea. Nay, he loved that idea. After all, working with one of his favorite heroes as equals was like a dream come true. At the same time, it did bring up the idea and reminder that she was beyond her superheroine moniker. She was her own person. Granted, Diego long knew that, even before getting into superheroes. After all, they weren't too different from celeberties. Many put them on pedestals, but at the end of the day, they were normal people. However, he really began realizing the importance of having a personal life beyond being a superhero.

Granted, he did figure that some superheroes did date each other, but he wondered if that meant mixing their personal lives. Beyond that, were the Titans themselves. He figured Starfire was her real name, but he now wondered what it was. All of them had names that none really sounded like they could be names. He doubted Robin's name was actually Robin. Raven seemed like it could be her real name, but even then, it was an assumption.

They were more than their masks after all.

He would trust her. They fought together side-by-side after all.

"My real name is Diego Vendrix," Diego said to her with a smile, introducing himself to her not just as a superhero colleague, but as a real person, one with whom that a bond beyond that of their caped identities current possessed. His pizza meanwhile was only pretty basic though there were subtle aspects to it. The crust was not the normal one, but buttery with herbs and garlic in it and there was extra cheese on it. He smiled at Starfire and began indulging in the pizza with her. He did raise the eyebrow at the marshmellow, but she ate wha she liked and he respected at.

"If you wanna tell me yours, you can, but we should wait until later," he said, noting to be somewhere private though he wondered how much of the Titans had a life outside of their work. Only one he could think of was Robin and even then, he could not make heads or tails.

" It is so nice to meet you Diego, what you did today was very brave? I know you're just getting started with this hero thing, but you have such a good heart, that I definitely see you going far. Not only super nice and caring but you're very relatable".

Star thought of all the other heros she met, most of them genuinely were good people and wanted to make peace on earth, but there were the few who were more arrogant. They were so confident in their skills and hyped on praise from people and the press that sometimes they would put themselves and innocents in danger. She didn't see anything like that happening with Diego, because he was already so humble.

With no problem Star finished her whole pizza, she needed to replenish herself after that fight.

It was getting close to evening the sun would be setting soon. "Would you like me to walk you to your car?"

The afternoon had been fun and she was not ready to go. She didn't know when she would see him again or in what capacity she would want to see him. While they kicked butt earlier, this afternoon session felt more like a first date than celebratory pizza run. They had talked about some things going on in their lives that few other people knew.

Diego blushed brightly, like the briliant crimson of Starfire's hair, at the sound of her words. He never really been complimented like that before especially by an attractive girl he liked. He just did his best and hoped it would be enough. He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly and he had on a very flattered smile. It was nice being praised like this.

In the end, he was just trying to do his best in the world. He was just a detective after all and an amateur one at that. He was not gonna go in like cops can. He does try his best as a private investigator, but his inexperience means he has to find workarounds, especially since he has not taken an examination to be an official licensed PI. Not that he did claim to be one though. The rest of the date went by nicely, with Diego eating his pizza alongside with Starfire.

The leftovers he was going to take over back to his place. However, perhaps the best part was getting to know Starfire as a person and talking about some of the close things in their life. For example, Diego did not know Starfire had an older sister named Blackfire, one who seemed to be more sultry yet sinister than her. He looked surprised at how the Titans would be going with their lives and he wondered if that's why he was seeing less of them. Then again, with crime at its lowest and under the control of the police, it seemed to make a lot of sense.

"Maybe we can spend more time with each other?" Diego suggested to Starfire when he put his leftover pizza in his car.

"Oh?" There was excitement on Star's face as she search his for a reaction. " I would like that very much. I find myself having a lot of time on my hands recently," she said. The Titans had did their job at keeping the city safe. There was no way to tell how long the peace would last, but she knew that she should enjoy the time she had while things are still slow.

"I would love to spend time with you, and not just time eating pizza. Maybe I can help you with one of your cases, you know with four eyes being better than two, or we can train together, or you can let me take you flying," she was talking faster thinking of all the things that they had time to do together. She really enjoyed his company. Not to mention he was very open in his attraction to her.

This worried Starfire just in the slightest. She hoped he hadn't formed an idea in his head of what she was supposed to be like being that he had met her before as a regular person. She had really only ever been in one other relationship and they had ended it mutually to preserve their relationship. While they had both moved on she still craved companionship, and Diego seemed like he would be a nice catch. He was a completely different person than Robin, so she knew that she needed to give him the chance to prove himself .

"Will I see you tomorrow?"

Diego’s heart beat a bit faster at the thought of spending more time with Starfire. While he was a detective, most of the stuff was either relatively tame such as missing items, spousal problems or other things. He has not solved murders. “I’d love to do all those things with you!” Diego told her with a smile, his blush returning a bit. Like Starfire, he was quite open with his emotions and passions though while it was intentional and cultural in part for Tamarans, for people like Diego, it was an innate part of being him because of his differentness.

However, he did realize he needed to slow down and get to know Starfire as a person first. He doubted that she would be interested in him; it’s what happens when you spend most of your childhood by yourself.

“Sure! Maybe we can go on patrol together!” Diego offered to her with a smile before going on thought. “What would you like me to call you when we’re not out being superheroes?@ he asked her.

She was surprised that he asked name, over the years she had gotten so used to everyone calling her Starfire. Her friends knew her real name, but they always just called her Star. She wasn't sure if people just assumed her real name was Star, or if they didn't care to ask. No one ever used her real name, and because of that, the fact that he even asked warmed her heart. He really did want to know her as a person and not as someone that he had looked up to. "My name is Koriand'r. You can call me either," she wanted to give him the option.

"I can't wait to go on patrol with you, I think that we'll have so much fun together". She leaned in go a goodbye hug. She squeezed him just a little to show him her excitement for their plans tomorrow.

"Goodbye," she waved as she turned to leave. With two steps she was off, flying home. She found herself humming to herself. For the first time in awhile she felt like she had something to look forward towards and she was excited. Sure she wasn't going to school or had a fancy new job waiting for her, she wanted something different out of her life. She had a feeling that Diego is exactly what she had been looking for.

"Koriand'r? That's a lovely name. Maybe I can call your Kori for short if you're okay with that," Diego told her, smiling at her. He wondered how many people called her as such. He figured the rest of her friends knew, but he wondered if they all called one another by their superhero names and not their real ones. Was it an age thing or was it because they preferred to given how on the clock they all were.

Diego happily leaned in and hugged Starfire back. Unlike her though, he did give her a good squeeze. Diego was a very touchy-feeling person. Most people with his condition weren't much on that, but he suspected the Mexican hertiage along with perhaps the desire for comfort associated with it explained why he was a bit different. He loved hugs though and he was happy that she liked it too. "I cannot wait either. We'll have a lot of fun together and I would like to spend more time with you," he said to her. They agreed to meet up around the same time tomorrow as they met today.

Elation was Diego's state of being. He went into his car and began driving, feeling a sense of wonder like never before. He wanted to know mroe about her... about Kori... to know more about the person behid the flights and starbolts and he wanted to show her more about himself as well.

"Welcome back, Star," Cyborg would say to Starfire when she flew back to the Tower. He was checking the safety perimeters of Titans Tower.

"Hello Cyborg," she was still humming to herself. "Isn't the sunset so beautiful," she turned to look at the sun that was sipping down past the ocean. She was skipping around on the landing looking off into the distance. She felt this warmth in her chest, and it had been quite some time since she had felt it.

"I guess," he responded. They got a great view of the sunset and sunrise everyday, so he really didn't see why she was skipping the way she did. The truth was that Star tended to be happy about the little things in life, which made her an easy friend to be around. She saw the joy/ beauty in everything and was most definitely the most optimistic of the group. "Is there a particular reason why you are humming and skipping around like its the first day of spring," they started to walk back in the living quarters where Robin, Raven and Beast Boy were lounging about.

"She probably had a butterfly cross her path," Raven said very monotonely. Which made Beast Boy bust out laughing.

"No," Star said very defensively. That had happened yesterday, but she wasn't going to tell them that. "I'm so happy, because I met someone. I met a man, " she practically sung his name. It made her so excited to tell someone about him.

Three heads turned to look at Robin, there was a frown on his face, but Star did't even notice.

"I swear he is the nicest guy I ever met. His name is Occult. I would tell you his real name, but I'm not sure how he would fell about that. He's just so dreamy. I was on patrol when I saw something unusual and we met and we just worked so well together. He's so kind. He asked about me. Not in the way that the new casters do or someone who is a fan, he genuinely wanted to know about me as a person. And he loves pizza, or at least he like it. What else could one ask for in a person. He is perfectly perfect," her smile was more than just a little bit dreamy.

When no one spoke, she had thought she had did something wrong until Raven busted out in laughter.

"Never did I think there would be anyone in the world who could stand your bubbliness besides Robin. The poor guy doesn't even know what he's up against," she cackled some more.

"I'm happy for you Star," Robin hugged her and looked her in the eyes so that she would know he meant it genuinely. All he ever wanted is for his friend to be happy.

"That's some awesome news!" Beast Boy told her with a smile. Seeing Starfire happy made everyone else happy. Even Raven was smiling at the happiness of her friend. "And given by the name, he's one of the new heroes here," Cyborg noted, looking interested at what could be some new friends to help out at the area. Robin himself, besides his smile at seeing Starfire being happy, was quiet. Perhaps he was wanting to check out the person himself. He also wondered about the name. It was a little bit familiar. Occult itself would not stand out, but in the context of a superhero name, it was a reference to something. He would look into it later though.

"How's he like?" Robin asked, wanting to inquire more. Everyone had grown and change. They all grew a little taller and a bit stronger, a sign of the ties passing. As they all talked and got to know more, the sun set and night would soon come for them all to go to. "Well, tell us how youg big date goes tomorrow," BB told Starfire with a smile as he stretched for bed soon. "Yeah though a patrol should be interesting. Not a lot of bad guys left here, including the new ones," Cyborg added in some thought.

It was the decline in crime and then growing up that would lead on the next great adventure, but they were all a call away. They would always be friends.

Next Day...

Diego was waiting ervously in the spot where tey would meet up. He was already in his hero guise as Occult. He wasn't thinking on much besides maybe changing his costume a fair bit to hide his face and such. FOr now though, he was pretty all right with how he was right here though. He wondered how Kori was doing.

Back
Top Bottom