Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suspicious Circumstances

Cheshire Pup

Supernova
Mel could hardly stand this anymore. She had to switch schools in the middle of the year so she was an interesting thing to see considering that she was pretty much the only one here that knew absolutely no one at this entire school, but that was not what bothered her. What bothered her was that since she got there she got the strange feeling that she was being watched; in the hallways, in her classes, even in the locker room. The only time she was able to escape the feeling was when she went into the bathrooms and she couldnâ??t really spend the whole day there. She might not have picked up on this if she was a normal human.

The thing was that Mel was anything but normal, she was a mage and was used to dealing with things being abnormal but this feeling of being stalked was really wearing at her nerves. It did some in useful at one point. One night on her way home from her classes something jumped at her and knocked her down. Someone, kit was too dark to see who, cam to her rescue. If only she hadnâ??t hit her head and passed out. The weirdest thing was that she woke up in her dorm with her roommate fast asleep, when she woke her up her roommate told her that she had come in here and just went to bed. The stories didnâ??t match up and if it werenâ??t for the bump on her head she might believe that it had all been a dream.

She was determined to find out what was going on. Her senses were telling her that she was not the only one at the school who wasnâ??t wholly human. Yet she had no proof. As time went by she felt like she was catching glimpses of her stalker. It was a boy at school whom, strangely enough, managed to be in every one of her classes. One day she noticed that he wasnâ??t stalking her and decided that it would be her turn to stalk him. She followed him, covering her appearance with a spell to make her invisible, she trailed him into the woods, she would confront him when they were alone but she was tired of being watched.

Lan was not human, thought he did have an ancestor who was it wasn't enough to label him as any thing more then an elf. He he been very young when he was first told to fallow Mel, he didn't know why he was told to do this, it wasn't normal for some one like him to be fallowing a human. He didn't find out why until one day when he had finally taken a break from watching her, that was the day that Mel found out about her power, and the day he was forced out of the old school. For keeping his eyes off her he was punished and became her permanent guardian, never allowed to rejoin his own kind or family unless she just happen to be there.

Lan's green eyes stayed on her, the only person he really knew from around there, though not really personally. His ears looked normal when around humans, but once they were gone his true self could be seen. It was a spell to help him blend in. He was tall, six and a half feet tall, a bit short for an elf, but tall for humans. He would give her her privacy when she used the rest room or changed, though that was his choice, people would have rather him watch her the whole time. He was also, starting to like her, though he knew she would never notice him, he was only a face to her after all.

That day he had to give a report on how she was, how she was getting by at the knew school, the only time he was allowed to leave her, he made his way into the woods, his ears becoming visible as his brown, should lenght hair began to grow into long silver strands. He took a breath of happiness, he missed being able to feel like him self, he missed his ears and hair, his pride and proof of his elvish blood. He didn't think he was being fallowed, after all if he was his hair and ears wouldn't appear, not with normal humans around. Once he was far enough he stopped, ready to send his report.

She followed him carefully at a distance, wondering what he could be traveling into the woods for. Students didnâ??t just wander into the trees unless they wanted to make out with someone and she had never seen him with anyone else. Though she wasnâ??t exactly sure why, it wasnâ??t as if he was not attractive, he was really tall, a full foot taller then she was and he was attractive. Muscled with a brown hair on hair, tall and handsome, it was remarkable that no one had snatched him up. She had heard rumors that she turned a lot of girls down and wondered if that had anything to do with why he was following her.

But something strange happened as she followed him. She watched his brown hair fade to silver and his ears grow. Her eyes widened as she kept following him until he finally stopped. Her eyes were wide. This boy wasnâ??t human, he was an elf! She backed away slowly, her spell keeping her from being seen. What was he doing out here? She went to take a step closer but she had been so shocked by his appearance that she hadnâ??t been looking where she was going and she ended up stepping on a patch of dry leaves.

A snake lunged from under the leaves and she jumped back, which of course made more noise. She stole one final glance back at him before she turned and ran for civilization. She ran as fast as her legs would carry her, knowing that he had to have heard her with the noise that she made, she just needed to get back to civilization before he managed to find her running. She had heard that Elves were fast, if he was able to figure out where the invisible person was then he would be able to find her. He shouldnâ??t be able to find her since he couldnâ??t see her, only she forgot one thing: The dirt was loose so even if he couldnâ??t see her body her footprints would be easy to follow.

Lan turned around as soon as he heard the sound, he didn't see a thing but he knew where the sound came from. He went to the location, seeing the snake slither away, he had a connection with nature, it was almost as if he could hear the snake complaining about something bothering it, something had fallowed him, stayed out of view, and wasn't human. His eyes widen, it had to be Mel, she was a mage after all, she wouldn't actually count as human. He noticed the foot prints, he quickly made his way towards them, fallowing them, going faster then she could ever go.

Once he had her in his sight he quickly got in front of her, blocking her way. Even if he couldn't see her well, he could tell where he tracks where heading, plus she still had dirt on her from falling. He blocked her path looking where she should be, "Mel stop running, I'm not going to hurt you." He wondered what she thought he was, or what she thought he was up to. This girl was unusual to say the least, could she think is was after her for some reason?

Mel heard him running after her and looked down, she noticed that she still had dirt on her and that she was leaving a trail, it was not long before he had not only caught up with her but got in front. She heard what she said and she snapped her fingers, it was the trigger to end the spell. She appeared before him, glaring at him. â??No, you wonâ??t hurt me, youâ??ll just stalk me and watch me and lie to me!â? she said, she shoved him backwards, mad at him now. She crossed her arms over her chest, looking at his ears then looking away.

â??What is going on here?â? she asked him, the whole situation was confusing and she didnâ??t like it. â??Why are you following me? Youâ??re an elf right? I thought that elves were supposed to be all secretive and never come out of their little elf villages... arenâ??t you too tall to be an elf?â? she asked him, the elves that she was thinking on were the really short ones, not the tall ones that he was a part of. She didnâ??t like this, her anger was fading and it left her feeling uncomfortable. She looked at the ground and balled her fists. â??How long have you been stalking me!â? she demanded.

This whole situation was unsettling and she wanted to get to the bottom of this. Her mind was running wild, dragging her thought sin all directions and it made it hard for her to think clearly but she had to try if she was to figure out what was going on.

Lan had no reason to lie to her, or to keep the answers away from her, " trust me, I'm short for an elf. We can get up to 9 feet usually." His green eyes looked at her, glad she didn't think he was going to hurt her. He moved closer to her, 'I've been watching you since you were four years old, in fact we talked once, though I doubt you remember that at all." He smiled a bit as he spoke, "You were such a cute girl back then, I remember wondering what you would look like when you grew up, though I never expected I would be around to see it." He looked down sadly, " Most elves spend their youth training in some way for their future work. Small things like trailing people who show gifts, like you and your ability with magic. It also help the counsel in case people can be a threat, or help."

He looked at her sadly, 'I was suppose to be watching you when you had that accident at your old school, had I been there I probably could have stopped it, but I felt I had to stop watching you, that I had to get some one else to watch you, shadow you." He went close and put his hand out to her, "I'm sorry I've been watching you for this long, but I was only trying to keep you safe."

When he told her how long he had been watching her she blushed deeply. She saw him smile as he said that she had been cute and this only made her blush even deeper. She wanted to slap him, she really, really, really wanted to slap him but she kept a hold of her anger as she listened to him. She didnâ??t remember talking to an elf when she was a child, she wondered if he had been in human form when they spoke. â??What counsel?â? she asked him. Was she a threat or a help? Was she either? She couldnâ??t believe that he had been trailing her since she was our years old!

Then he mentioned the attack, she remembered that attack. â??But... you did stop it... you were the person that came to help me... My roommate said that I walked back to my room that night but I couldnâ??t have, during the attack I hit my head and passed out...â? she wondered if it was some kind of Elvin magic. He got closer to her and she stiffened. She was still mad at him but he had a good reason. â??Just one thing.â? She said, then she reached up and slapped his cheek. â??Since I was four?!â? Then she shook her head and smile, even laughed a little.

After that she took his hand. â??I still think it is highly creepy but... I guess you had a good reason.â? She admitted. Then she paused and looked down before looking back up at him, â??Can I feel your ears?â?

Lan didn't avoid her slap, even though he easily could have. He figured he had it coming, even he knew fallowing some one like that was very creepy no matter the reason. He sighed, 'they're the ones that make sure humans don't encounter any type of magic, the reason you live with out it. Humans and magic haven't really mixed well in the past do to their greed for power and in ability to accept what they don't under stand." He then blushed a bit when she asked to feel his ears. He bent down a bit, to let her, "yeah sure... just not for too long alright."

He then thought about the reason he had wanted to staop fallowing her, he was afraid he was starting to fall for her. He didn't want to fallow her if that was what was going on, he would feel horrible for doing it. Still he had to, now it was even his punishment.

She listened to what he said, â??They wonâ??t be happy that I found out who, er, I mean, what you are, will they?â? She asked him, but she smiled wide when he said that she could touch his ears. She brought her pointed and thumb together on the tips of his ears then she stroked them, she seemed fascinated by his ears. She smiled all while she felt them, his ears were soft. She trailed her hand down his ear, it brushed his neck before she pulled it away and blushed, â??Sorry.â? She apologized. His neck was soft too. She wondered if that was just an elf trait or if it was him.

She looked down and blushed, â??So what happens now that I know? Will you get into trouble? Will they assign someone else to watch me?â? Then she thought of something and she blushed and looked down, â??You didnâ??t watch me change did you?â? she asked, looking him in the eyes so she would know if he was lying. There was a blush on her cheeks, she really hoped that he hadnâ??t, if he had that would call for another smack. She saw the hand print on his face and felt guilty, if he went back to school with that people would wonder what had happened.

Lan blushed a little as she touched his ears, they made him sensitive for some reason, once she touched lower he went beat red, luckily she pulled away, 'Well I'm suppose to tell them you found me... then they would take away the memories of it but.... if we can just keep it between us I guess there is nothing wrong with that." He really didn't want her memories taken, maybe this way he could stay close to her with out having to sneak around so much. Plus maybe he could say they were being friends to stay closer. It's not like elves hadn't befriended the person before, though as far as he knew no one ever let a person know who they really were.

When she asked about the nude thing and blinked, 'Well no.. ahh well... kind of.. maybe... when you wee a lot younger. But it wasn't like I was interested or any thing it was just I didn't know back then that I was suppose to, I mean.. I didn't really know the difference between boys and girls that much, You were to young for it to matter any ways, I stopped when you were five." He had watched her nearly a year when he started to realize he probably should be watching that part. Elve's minds matured different then human ones, that's why he knew a lot and could go on missions before most human even knew how to read.

She saw him turn red and giggled. Her eyes widened when she heard what they would do. â??I donâ??t want them messing with me head!â? she said. When she was younger she knew a girl that was like her, they were close friends but she was different. They were both seven, her name was Cindy and she used her powers a lot. â??If youâ??ve been watching me then you know what happened with Cindy.â? She said. Cindy liked to mess with peopleâ??s heads but it slowly messed with her own. The mind magic didnâ??t only destroy the mind of her victims but it slowly destroyed Cindyâ??s mind until Cindy tried to attack Mel when she warned her that it was bad. Mel used a sleeping spell to get away, that wasnâ??t mind magic, it just made her tired and fall asleep.

â??I donâ??t trust any kind of messing with anyoneâ??s head, especially mine.â? She told him, slightly frightened by the idea that they would take memories form her. Then she heard what he said about her nude question, the moment it went form no to maybe she turned red. â??How do you not know the difference?!â? she demanded, blushing the deepest shade of red she could. She slapped his other cheek, much, much harder then she had slapped the first one. â??Oh god.... you saw...â? she sat down right there and buried her face into her hands, too embarrassed to look at anything. It had had seen her naked then he had seen a birth mark that she had. There was a heart shaped birthmark on her butt. She thought that having it was the most embarrassing thing in the world and it was even more embarrassing now that she knew that someone else had seen it.

Lan felt his cheek when she slapped him again, 'it's ok, I mean your body has changed after all... it's not like I know what you.. well... I'm sorry." He looked at her and kneeled down, rubbing her shoulder, 'if you'd like I'll do any thing to make it even for you, I really am sorry for it it's not like I had any malicious intentions behind it." He thought about Cindy and remembered, 'Yes I remember a Cindy, she was being watched too, she had to get her power taken years ago for her misusing it." He kissed her head softly, "I promise I won't let them take your memories or powers, and I never did any thing to you for perverted reasons."

He had forgotten the birth mark, it had been a while ago, though he did remember he was interested by it when he was younger. Still he didn't try to remember any of her private areas from back then, and he body had changed much since his last vision of her nude.

She was surprised by what she heard, she didnâ??t like this. It frightened her knowing that someone could take away her memories and her powers. She looked at him as he knelt beside her. She blushed when he kissed her head, but only gently, she was slowly getting used to this though it was a lot to take in. She thought about what he said and she looked up at him, she wasnâ??t serious but she wondered if he truly meant what he said. â??So would you get naked now?â? she asked him, â??After all, you saw me naked so isnâ??t it only fair that I get to see you?â? she asked him, again, she was not serious but she wondered how he would react to the request.

Lan was surprised by her choice in action, still he could have figured, human were the ones that came up with the eye for an eye rule long ago. He didn't say a thing, before he even had time to answer he decided he'd do it to prove it. He started by pulling off his pants and boxers right away, after all that was the most private area for males, not like females, he had nothing up top to hide. That's when he began to undo his shirt, he didn't think she'd react strange about this after all it was the vary thing she asked for.

She looked up and before she had a chance to say anything he was half naked, giving her quite an eye full before she turned beat red. She found herself smiling but that embarrassed her even more. â??Wait! Stop! No, you donâ??t have to do that!â? she said quickly but she had only managed to speak after his shirt was half open. She covered her eyes with her hand, blushing deeply. â??Alright I get it!â? she said, now it was firm in her mind that elves thought differently from humans because there was no human boy that would have done that. â??Just get dressed, I trust you alright... just put your pants back on...â? she said, highly embarrassed and still covering her eyes.

It was a very childish reaction but she didnâ??t expect him to really do it. She found herself peaking through her fingers. He was very handsome but when she caught herself she kept her eyes covered and looked away, embarrassed even more by the thoughts that she was currently thinking about him.

Lan blinked as he laughed a bit, "You humans are strange, you cover your eyes to stop your selves from looking, then you look any ways. If something like that really interest you, you shouldn't be afraid to go ahead and look so long as the other person is willing." He was almost done getting dressed when her went closer to her, "If that's not what you wanted, then what do you want me to do?" He said, almost as if he had just done something the wrong way. He thought maybe she wanted him to do a different thing.

His ears twitched a bit still staring at her with his green eyes, such a strange girl she was in his eyes.

â??Havenâ??t you been living around human long enough to know? You have been following me for years.â? She point out, still covering up her eyes. â??It is just something that humans do. Itâ??s sorta of confusing... we cover our eyes because we know that we should see something but being naturally curious makes us want to see it. Itâ??s not that I donâ??t want to see you naked, I do itâ??s just that... wait, that didnâ??t come out right.â? She said, if this kept us her face might be permanently red from blush. â??Seeing another person naked... I donâ??t know how it is with elves but with humans it is one of the most personal parts of human interaction. You arenâ??t supposed to see someone naked unless you are romantically involved with that person, unless you are also getting naked because after that you... well... you usually.... have... sex....â? she managed to say, blushing deeply.

She saw his long ears twitch and she smiled, reaching up and stroking his ears again. He was the strangest boy that she had ever met. As she thought more she shook her head and pulled her hands from his ears. She looked up, it was getting late but she didnâ??t have anywhere else to be. â??I want you to stay right here.... I need to think about this, it is a lot to take in.â? she told him as she left him there and she walked deeper into the forest. Cutting through it was a short cut to her dorm so she didnâ??t see the problem with it and it felt good to not be followed. Well, for a little while anyway.

Something else knew that she was not being followed. It reached out and grabbed her from behind a tree, she could feel that it was something evil, likely demonic. She close her eyes and tried to scream but her screams were muffled and he held her hands so she could not do any magic. Frightened she thought quickly, kicking the demon would do nothing so instead she kicked the tree and sent the birds that had been in it flying and squawking. The demon cursed, his hand went from covering her mouth to tightening around her throat. She tried to struggle but he was strong and she couldnâ??t breath. She just hoped that he would run to where he heard the birds, she didnâ??t mind being followed, in fact she encouraged it if it meant that things like this would be kept away form her.

Lan laughed a bit, she was right, he had observed humans for a long time, but it didn't meant he completely under stood them. The elves didn't hide their selves so much, they weren't afraid to show their true selves. They figured it was like hiding their feelings, but he had noticed human hid a lot of them selves, feelings and body.

He lets her go for a bit when he felt something was wrong, he heard the birds and ran quickly, putting his hand out as a bow with no string came out. He thought he knew where it came from and pulled his hand over the cow like it had a string and arrow, once he let go a strange arrow appearing, going straight for the demon and avoiding the girl, almost like it had a mind of it's own, In fact it was Lan's mind that was moving it., "Demon!" He appeared before it glaring, "You have no right to be in this world, getting ready to fire again, "Let her go, and you may go out alive!"

When she saw Lan she tried to call out to him but she couldnâ??t say a word. The world was going fuzzy, her lungs were screaming for air that her mouth could not provide. The demon howled in pain, clutching her tighter. She winced, her hands and throat aching. The world was slowly fading to black when the demon hissed into her ear. â??You will be ours yet, your elf cannot protect you forever.â? It hissed before releasing her.

She fell to her knees as it vanished, she was couching and gasping for air. Her throat and wrists hurt like hell but at least she was alive. â??What... whatâ??s going on?â? she asked him. Then she remembered then last night she was attacked. She looked confused as she realized something, â??Why am I attacked whenever you arenâ??t watching me?â? she asked him, wanting to know what was going on.

Lan ran over to her, holding her close to him, trying to make sure she was alright, 'you're a human mage, if they are able to turn you into an evil warlock, you would be a great assit for evil." He said as he held her, trying to make sure he breathing was back to normal."that's one reason I watch you." He looked her in the eyes before picking her up to carry her, "Come on lets take you home."

She looked up at him when he held her close, she was very happy to have him there. She heard what he said and she coughed a few times before she was able to speak clearly, â??But... I donâ??t want to be evil.â? She told him, it was a silly response but it was true and she really meant it. She was surprised when he began to carry her home. This school was different, it had dorms like an apartment, there were no roommates unless you wanted to share the price of the rooms and there was no one there to make sure that you didnâ??t bring boys back to your room or girl back to the boyâ??s rooms.

On the way she decided that she wanted to change the subject. â??So being naked in front of someone has nothing to do with being intimate with them?â? she asked him, wondering how things worked back with the elves that made it so easy for him to get naked in front of her.

Lan nodded, 'Not usually any ways, people often have partied, or festable, things like that in which people are naked. We don't fear showing our bodies and no one really loses control over it like you human, though we do become turned on and some time one might become she, though not like you." He walked her into her dorm, kind of hoping that the room mate wasn't around, though he did begin to change back because he was getting close to humans. Even if he couldn't see them it was possible for them to see him, that made him change.

She saw his ears change and she frowned, she reached up and felt the rounded ends. â??I miss the tips...â? she told him. Her room was a few floors up but there was and elevator. Once they got in it she asked him, â??Is it normal to carry others like this?â? she asked him. It was embarrassing if someone saw them like this but she did like it. She was going to tell him which room was hers but she knew that he knew, he had been watching her after all. Once they were in the room, alone, her roommate was off on an exchange program, she asked him, â??Can you change back to your normal self?â? He looked handsome like this but she wanted to see him as he truly was, not the human he pretended to be.

Lan really shouldn't have, but he figured there was no problem with it, 'Sure but you owe me something ." He then began to change back after her closer the window curtains then walked back over to her and sat down, 'DO you really like me more like this? I guess when you see normal humans so often seeing some one different really is exciting isn't it." His eyes stayed on hers, looking around in the dorm as well. He laid back on the bed and smiled, 'But you do know how to make very interesting structures and technology."

She sat on her bed when he put her down, â??Of course I do. Itâ??s you, the real you.... and yes, it is exciting to see an elf in my room,â? she admitted. She watched him lay down on her bed, she sat next to him, she let her hand travel to his ears again, she felt his ears and now his hair, it was so soft. â??What do I owe you?â? she asked him, wondering what he was thinking about.

Back
Top Bottom