Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Welcome to Atlantis Academy! (Lia && Chokuro)

Nikkos sat back and listened, sipping his wine to offset the unpleasant butterflies that popped up in his stomach yet again at the mention of the woman. He still refused to admit what he knew it was. Nonetheless, the administrator was enjoying listening to the story and couldn't help but chuckle at some of the comments. "Well of course they were terrible. What more could you expect from the seventeen hundreds?" With that, dinner arrived and Nikkos dug in with gusto. He hadn't eaten today simply because he hadn't thought about doing so. Now that there was the aroma in the air and food in front of him, the brunette was ravished.

In between bites, he asked questions. "And the witch trials? In Salem I mean. They weren't based solely on fear, were they?" He could write books, make loads of money... All just on this information. Even if they were regarded as fiction by the greater population, theories that historians have had for centuries could finally be proven. Of course, he wouldn't exploit Tomias in such a way, but it was fun to dream.

"HAH!" The man let out a short laugh with the question. "The Witch Trials? Oh God..." He could not help but to laugh, sipping at the wine and chomping on his chicken and then ate a bit more before he actually began to talk. "Fifty percent was fear. The rest was pure jealousy. Everyone wanted everyone else's land. Seriously. The Crucible was partly bull shit. No little twelve year old did the deed with her Master, or whatever." He chuckled. He knew that little pest. Yea, the girls were there, but they were just girls that needed attention. "Mm... The wheat was a problem too. They were laced with some sort of fungus that messed with people's minds." He shrugged and then his eyes stayed to the other, smiling all the more.

"The trials were hilarious though. I mean, yea, a lot of good people died... Like Goodie Nurse, oh she was the SWEETEST thing you could ever meet." He sighed softly and shook his head to the depressing thought until looking back to the man, smiling. "But just the accusations and the girls spazzing ... Foo..." He chuckled and took another sip from his wine, thinking about what else he could tell him about the Salem Trials. They were some seriously interesting times way back then.​

He was, to say the least, enthralled. He knew the stories-the ones in the books and the ones from school and movies. This? This was so much better. Nikkos finished his dinner and sat back, still listening to the stories-whichever ones Tomias chose to tell him. He loved them all, he wanted to know everything. "World War Two," he added to the list. "That era-both in Europe and at home-fascinates me. Vietnam." Though twentieth century history wasn't quite his favorite, it still interested him to no end. "The paper strikes of the eighteen hundreds." He was talking of the newsboy strikes in New York City and the beginning of unions.

He could go on and on, but the administrator held himself back after that, not wanting to bore the other man half to death. He'd lived it, after all. Talking about it must be rather boring. "What interests you? You know my weakness."

Tomias laughed. He was so cute. So enthralled in his stories. He mentioned a few other things here and there and he enjoyed the look of the other. He definitely was interested in what happened in the past. It was far too adorable! He loved that about the other. He chuckled and shook his head a bit. "In time. . . I promise we'll go through it all." He said, batting his hand absently in the air and he laughed a bit more. He adored the man already. Completely hanging on his every word. He actually enjoyed to tell others the truth about what happened. It was so much fun.

He took another sip from his wine and he smiled pleasantly and pushed his empty plate to the side and thought for a moment. Shrugging eventually. "Quite a few things. Cars. Speed - not the drug - Sex. The beach .. .swimming of course. Boys, girls, talking to you. Reading, cars ... I like fast cars." He grinned and then sipped from his wine once more, eyes to the man and he definitely was haiving a good time.​

Nikkos nodded. Speed definitely wasn't something that enthralled him as of late. Perhaps once he better trusted Tomias he might feel differently. The administrator also noticed he said 'boys' and 'girls' rather than 'men' and 'women'. He questioned that a little, but then again, perhaps everyone to Tomias was a boy or a girl as he was likely much, much older than those he encountered.

"You like the beach, and yet you cannot take your eyes off of the mountains here." It was merely an observation. "I'd prefer to be in the mountains than on a beach somewhere," he confessed. Getting sand where it truly didn't belong simply did not appeal to Nikkos. There were better memories of the mountains, too.

"Why me?" His curiosity had gotten the best of him. "There are over fifty professors and administrators at Atlantis. Why focus on me?" He was sure that he wasn't complaining, though had you asked him several weeks ago that would have been questionable.

"Mm ... But the mountains don't have cuties in string bikinis." He stated with a wink. And yes, most of his reasoning for liking the beach involved half naked men and women getting sweaty and wet in the sand. Tomias was a pervert. He was a horny thing who took after his father. He loved to love and be loved. It was typically how he worked. He did like the mountains though. They were positively beautiful. Maybe, when Nikkos was not so much into his personal bubble, he should take him up there sometime. He was sure they were bound to have some fun, though that control thing might be an issue. Awe well. In due time when the male hopefully trusts him more.

With the question posed, he perked up. Why him? His emerald eyes blinked a few times, staring at him before he let out a soft little laugh. "You think love is logical?" He teased before shaking his head a bit. "Because you were the one who refused to get out and have fun. No one should be cooped up inside because someone hurt them in the past. I mean, look at Relic! He's been physically and mentally wounded, well, mutilated more like it, by his past lovers yet he is up and about, dating Tanner. While I had not intended to go out with you at first, I had just wanted to make it easier for the next guy who would come around. Though, I do wish for the next guy to be me, but I will not push it. Besides, you're far more fun when you're at ease and let a bit of your guard down." He smiled ever so charmingly, his eyes sparkling as he looked into the other's hazel eyes, adoring their dinner -- since it was not a 'date'.​

He chose to ignore the first answer rather than dealing with it. It wasn't hard to believe, really, it was just...something to shake his head at. Nikkos moved onto the answer that he was more interested in, and he had to contemplate it for a full minute before finding an answer that was suitable to him.

"Then perhaps Relic is stronger than I am." The administrator truly believed that the more he was out and about, the more prone he was to being hurt. It was inevitable. "But had you cared to do research you would have found, I'm sure, that it was being dragged out and about that started my relationships with my past lovers." It was why he was so very against it happening again. Though it seemed he couldn't really control himself if he was here with Tomias at all.

Tomias chuckled softly. Nikkos was far too cute. "Don't tempt me because I can do my own research and find out what happened to you too." He threatened, tapping his temple to let the other realize he could read minds - if he had not gotten that already. "I would never do that though, so you're safe. Only for a few bits of information ... Like your favorite food the one time. Other than that, I'm waiting to hear it from you." He shrugged his shoulders, taking in a deep breath and stretching his arms above his head before he let them resettle onto the table. "I think it's the 'damsel in distress' disorder.. Or more so 'Knight in Shining armor'." He chuckled and shrugged his shoulders nonchlaantly.

"Don't make threats," he warned, tone serious. He knew of the other's ability. Tomias would use it or he wouldn't, but Nikkos wouldn't allow the man to scare him with the threatening of the power. The administrator sipped his wine, pushing the fear and anxiousness away once more before even beginning to think of how to answer.

"I don't offer information freely. You may ask-and I will answer-but otherwise you will be waiting a long time for the information that you're after." It was only fair to tell Tomias that, right? He wanted the man to "play by the rules"-common courtesy and fairness and an even playing field. He would be a hypocrite if he had kept that bit of information to himself. "What is it that you would like to know?"

Tomias perked up. No threats? Fine. No threatening the threats he would not do. He could not not threaten him! Last time he did, he got a kiss out of it, after all. He chuckled at the memory before looking back to the male in front of him. He listened to his words for a while before a brow rose in question. He could ask? He blinked a few times before he leant toward the other. "What did they do that was so horrific it kept you even more anti-social than before. Tanner said that you were always the cool exterior type of guy, but after ... Youjin or someone ... you turned into the anti-love male that I've worked so hard to get to know." He stated, his emerald eyes truly showing his interest in his tale now. He wanted to know He wanted to see if h e should even try to burden the other with a relatiionship with him. Maybe the other two were just like him and that way why they were attracted to each other. He did not want him to have the same problems come to him over and over again. If whatever that man had done is something Tomias could see himself as doing, then friendship would definitely be where their relationship stopped - if not, then he would keep trying.​

"What did they do..."

Nikkos stopped listening right there. He didn't need to hear any more to know what Tomias wanted to know. The administrator paused his entire being for the moment, reliving the time with Youjin and Gemini and the heartache that it had caused. He had to fight to keep the tears back, and poured himself another glass of wine to help calm himself through the story. With a deep breath and a very low voice, Nikkos struggled to find a starting point.

"I'd just come to Atlantis. I suppose I'm rather...guarded in new places. Here was no exception. Youjin...goaded me. Argued and fought with me-much like you attempted to do before being snapped at. He and I...well, we just happened, really. Nothing was discussed or planned-a first for me, really." That was the easy part to tell, and Nikkos found that he had to pause again to regain composure.

"And then... Well, he planned. I was told he'd thought about it for weeks, perhaps a month, and that was...that. I had no say, I had no control. I had nothing. I was damaged-badly. Somewhere along the way, I met Gemini. He ran the student health center, and was just as damaged as I was. First hint, yeah?" Nikkos chuckled at the irony of it and sipped his wine, trying to sum up his relationship with the nurse. "It was weird, I suppose you would say. Intimate, caring but no sex, nothing physical. With Youjin, it was all sex. I think I was looking for the other side of it from Gemini just as much as he was from me."

Another pause. The administrator swallowed the lump in his throat that had formed and avoided eye contact with Tomias as he couldn't control the tears. "I woke up one morning, and he was gone. Gone...completely. From me, from Atlantis. I think from the state. I've never heard anything more about what he's done or where he's gone.

"So that's it," he said, finally gaining control over his emotions. "They gained my trust, they played me like a violin, and they left me without a choice or a say or a voice. That's not to say I'd have begged them to stay, or that it wouldn't have hurt had there been a discussion in either case, but it would have offered me the closure they so selfishly took only for themselves."

The brunette sat back and downed what was left in his wine glass before refilling it for the third time that evening. It was a good thing he didn't drive.

Tomias listened intently to the other's tale, easily getting what the other had meant. So, basically he was used and abused and left without a word. That definitely sucked. No wonder he was so worried about losing control and everything of that sort. He nodded a few times here and there, empathising with the other. That and it was reassuring. Tomias did neither. Well, no, he cannot say that. He has had a purely sexual relationship before, but that was wanted on both ends. He as never left anyone without a good bye and he would keep it that way. He did not want to ever not have closure for himself too. Though, the child he has running around somewhere defiitely is something new. Took a century for him to know he had a daughter because why? The mother never told him and he never went searching for her. How the hell should he know a vampire could get pregnant? That was beside the point.

He so badly wanted to comfort the other. He wanted to just hug him and hold him tight to his form, but the personal bubble of hte other was definitely an issue. He watched him calm down and he sighed softly. His arms crossed and rested upon the table and he thought for a while, keeping silent as he did so. Eventually, he spoke. "They really did not know what they lost." He straightened a bit and leant toward him, smiling weakly. "I won't try to tell you I would be better, or try and reassure you that I won't do that to you, words don't really mean anything." He thought for a while and shrugged. "And if I ever hurt you, just tell Rune and he'll kick my ass." He said, trying to lighten the mood - despite the fact that he was not kidding. Rune would love any excuse to hurt him. He thought for a while before he rested his elbow onto the table and chin in his palm. "Mm ... yea ... All I got right now." he admitted and chuckled ever so softly.​

They sat in silence for a few minutes. Nikkos needed the time to push away all of the emotions that talking about the past had brought up. Tomias's words helped a little. At the very least, they tugged a small smile out of the administrator, and the impulse to lean forward and press a barely lingering kiss to the other man's cheek. "Thank you."

Nikkos returned to his wine for a few minutes before setting it aside. "Lets head back? I could do with a few hours to lose myself in my book again." Not that he hadn't enjoyed himself tonight. He was simply on emotional overload and needed an escape. His books weren't real. They afforded him the luxury of going away if he didn't like what was happening at that moment, much unlike real life. It was one of the things the brunette liked best about reading.

Tomias smiled with the kiss, happy for the little action. He definitely was head over heels for the brunette. He took the last bit of wine, drinking it silently and he then stood up from the table and he looked around and began to led the way out of the diner and to his car once more. He drove to the school and pulled up, turning off the car and he walked with the other to his room, smiling warmly as he did so. He gave him a simple and brief kiss to the top of his head and smiled warmly. "Have fun with your book." He stated and then bounced his way down the hall, beaming happily as he did so. He definitely had a good night, but he knew that hte other had his wants for being alone.

Off to the kitchen he went. He rummaged around for a while and after a while of leaving the man with his book to read, the brunette happily had two cannolis on a plate and a bottle of water. The man needed to keep hydrated afterall. There was quite a bit of alcohol that the man had consumed, so he wanted to make sure he would not get a hangover or anything. he took the plate and water and headed back to the other's room. He gave a simple knock to the door as a warning and then he made his way into the room. He placed the desserts on the table beside the other and gave the man another warm smile. "Good night, Nikkos. I'll see you tomorrow." He stated, kissing his head once more and then he turned and began to head away to go to his own room.​

For the first time in a very long time, Nikkos didn't flinch or pull away from the affection shown to him. The drive back to school was nice. It was silent for the most part, but there wasn't that uncomfortable air that had been in the car on their first trip into town to find new books. Even the walk back to his room was enjoyable. Again, silent, but Nikkos preferred that sometimes. "Thank you for dinner." Not that he'd been given the choice about taking him out, but that didn't mean that Nikkos couldn't be polite about it.

Once alone, the brunette kicked off his shoes into the corner of his bedroom and slipped into a pair of loose fitting pajama bottoms and a grey t-shirt that one could likely see through if the light hit it just right. He'd gotten it when he was in college and just could never give it up-it was too comfortable.

He collapsed on the sofa, book at the ready when he heard the knock. He knew it was Tomias and knew that he'd have company, at least for a few minutes. And while the brunette wanted time alone, impulse took over once again when he saw what had been done for him.

"Stay?"

Tomias froze with the other's words. Stay? He was actually asking him. He smiled lightly at the invitation, turning to the man and he smiled pleasantly. Pushing off his shoes, he walked over to the sofa, sitting on the other side of the man and he sighed softly. His arms wrapped around his torso and he waited in silence for a while before he turned to look at the man and he smiled warmly. "I had a lovely time tonight. Thank you for telling me too ... I like to get to know you better." He smiled all the more and he definitely oozed with happiness. He was content right now. He was better than content, actually. He was practically beaming, especially with the man that asked him to stay. He loved that.​

He got up to get two glasses filled with ice for the water. He set them down and then Nikkos reclined against the arm of the sofa, knees bent so that Tomias had room to sit. The water was poured with a thought, one glass levitating itself over to his guest. "It...wouldn't be fair to not tell you." Nikkos tried to put into words what he wanted to say.

"I know your intentions. And like it or not, whoever comes next will be paying for their fuck ups. It's not fair to ask someone to jump through hoops without a reason given." It was the whole playing by the rules thing again. He fully expected Tomias to, and so Nikkos had to force himself to as well. He sipped at his water, fearing the consequences of drinking too fast, as he sat up a little to rest his chin on his knees.

"I'm still broken," he commented with a sad sigh. "I still don't know how to trust someone, but it's nice to have someone there who isn't pushing." The administrator smiled up at Tomias softly for a moment before bringing the cannoli over with a thought, one going straight to Tomias. "I'd tell you it's my favorite, but I think you know that."

Tomias smiled warmly and turned to look at the other. He Took the glass of water happily. He sipped it silently then placed it back onto the table just in time to take the cannoli, smiling warmly. "You know, they were both for you." he said simply and chuckled with teh comment. "Mhm. I cheated." he winked with a little laugh. He bit into the cannoli and he set against the couch a little more. He then sipped at the water, resting the pastry on his knee and then turned to look at the man once more, smiling lightly. "I'm patient. . . Horny, but patient." he chuckled and then took another bite and sighed softly. "Don't worry, I won't rape you or anything."​

"I didn't think you would." It wasn't the only thing that Nikkos wasn't worried about, but it was a major one. He didn't get any sort of malicious vibe from Tomias, which was probably why he allowed his guard to be let down little by little in the first place.

Nikkos shrugged at the desserts being for him. "I know. But it'd be rude to eat them both in front of you." He took some of the filling onto his finger and sucked it off, not meaning it to look like anything dirty. It was just his favorite part. "Even if I wouldn't have admitted it in the beginning, I'm glad you persisted." Even though he'd refused to be dragged out of his funk by anyone, Nikkos had still hated being like that. It sucked being lonely and depressed and utterly alone. "It's nice to have someone to go to dinner with when I have the whim."

Tomias was happy. Happier than the man would have ever realized. The simple words he spoke made him so giddy about being here. He grinned and nodded every so often before he looked to the cannoli he was eating, arching a brow when he sucked off the fillling. Clearing his throat, he turned to the water, taking a sip of it before he set back to the couch and he then went back to looking at the other. "In other news, since you know I completley adore you, what kind of music does Archer have set up for the dance? DJ or a live band ... Mm ... Stripper... what?" He asked, laughing with the last suggestion. He did not mean that at all. Sure, everyone was above eigtheen so things would be fine, but he was just teasing the other.​

Looking up, completely unaware of what his actions had looked like to the other man, Nikkos cocked his head to the side to think. "Never know with Archer. Sometimes a DJ. Sometimes a full orchestra. Sometimes a guitar, drums and a bass. It just depends on his mood or what Devlin can talk him into." Never had there been a stripper hired for one of Archer's functions, but Nikkos could remember several times when one was hired for a student's birthday and had interrupted classes. Youjin had been thrilled, Devlin had been mildly amused and a few others had attempted questionable things to get the distractions out of their classrooms.

"Why? Which were you hoping for?"

Tomias nodded a little. So, there was not a definite yet. That was all right. He had no problems with a surprise musical ... thing. He shrugged and then turned to look at the man once more, smiling as he did so. "Mm ... I was going to suggest a band I know of, but if Archer already has something planned, then there is no problem." He said, batting a hand absently in the air and he sighed softly. He would love to get the twins to play once more! That would be so much fun. The boys were always so good on stage. They loved to sing and Rune's lyrics were wonderful. Well, their voices were beautiful and he would adore another chance for them to play on stage. Maybe they could make a comeback! Well, they wanted to start a new life, but then they could just do the school a favor and play for them ... or something​

"You would have to suggest that to Archer then."

Nikkos popped the last of his cannoli in his mouth, forcing himself not to groan at how wonderfully delicious it was. He rarely indulged in treats for himself and this was definitely a good way to do it. "Mm. Thank you for dessert, too. Even if you did cheat to figure it out." It was a tease. Nikkos didn't mind the other searching for such information with his powers. If he'd searched for his past, then perhaps he'd have been upset. It was comforting to know that Tomias could, but didn't.

"I think it helps, sort of. That you can know what I'm thinking if you needed to. It scared me at first. It's sort of comforting now."

Tomias looked over to the other, and he smiled all the more. He was glad that he found his powers a bit comforting. He never knew what one may think of his powers. He had had many mixed responses when someone found out. From offended all the way to utterly ecstatic. He grinned and then looked back to the other, smiling once more. "It comes in handy. I won't violate you or anything ... Though it helps to know the things you like, and not just food." he winked before finishing off his cannoli and then sipping the water once more. His arms folded over his lower torso and he turned to look at the man, smiling lightly. "If it ever gets too annoying, just tell me and I will stop prodding your gorgeous little mind." He stated pursing his lips together in a kiss fashion and then smiled, his emerald eyes stayed iwth him.​

Nikkos leaned forward and stole a pecked kiss from Tomias's pursed lips before getting up from the sofa without giving him a chance to respond. It was his way of a test, he supposed. He was extending his own limits of trust to see if they would be pushed or violated. He hoped that they wouldn't be, but it was better to find out now if they would be, rather than later. The tray that had held the water and cannoli on it was brought into the kitchenette to be cleaned up in the morning, and then the administrator headed for his bedroom door.

"I'm going to bed. Make yourself comfortable out here-there are blankets and a pillow in the closet-or lock up on your way out. Good night."

Even though he knew that Tomias could undo it, Nikkos closed and locked his bedroom door and readied himself for bed, listening intently to see whether or not Tomias stayed or went.

Back
Top Bottom