Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Earthdawn: The Veil of Prometheus) Ch. 1: Lessons on the Serpent River

Tenshi

Supernova
In a vast, black chamber, light emerged from the pure water poured into a great, gilded stone cauldron. Red and gold scales shimmered in the arcane glow, revealing the head and taloned forearms of a truly massive dragon. It's arms danced over the cauldron, weaving and tugging at varicolored ethereal threads.

Where are you, Thalog?

Images formed and dissolved in the cauldron, some the dragon lingered on for a time. Others he dismissed quickly and moved to the next. Sometimes, he simply peered at an image while lost in his own thoughts.

What are you looking for?

A mixed band of dwarves, orcs, and humans descended a small stone chimney. They carried small, luminous crystals to light their way throuhg a chamber so tight, even the dwarves could ooch down it with back against one wall, feet against the other, should their footholds run out. A single, dragonfly-winged windling girl followed them, carrying a final light.

Ublix'arath'mar still lives in that Caer, Thalog. You're sending those freelancers to their deaths.
Death_Dealer_h.jpg

A great hose raced across a grassy plane. It's hooves fell like thunder, and the horses behind it were a storm on a clear day. Orcs road atop them, fierce and proud and free, but vicious and vengeful. The man on the lead horse was half again as tall and twice as broadin the shoulder as any of his followers. Though clad in black plate with a full, horned helm, he could only be a troll.

Mars. You style yourself a god or war. You gather armies at Thalog's command and throw them away with the same ease.

A loan dwarf—seemingly an assitant librarian from his garb—stole quietly through a vast library. Masque. You've been searching the Library of Throal for almost a year now.

Dark_Strawberry.jpg

A buxom redhead in little more than a black leather corset and boots strode with determination through a deep pit where hundreds of orcs—chained and collared—chipped at the bedrock while the sun beat down on their whip scarred back.

Siff. You always did know how to motivate people. What's so important about this quarry that one of your profane skill has been set to overseeing it.

The wyrm gave a frustrated rumble and changed the image once more. Smoke rose from the chimney of a riverboat sliding down the serpent river towards Throal. Tskrang sang a cheerful drinking tune as they polished up the boat. An old, green scaled woman in a black cloak draped with fetishes leaned quietly on her staff as she watched from a doorway to the aft. The centuries have been kind to you, Arindalise.

The ancient tskrang smiles softly and replied in a whisper, “I've done much, Nightrazor. There is much still to do, but that does not fall to me.”

The dragon smiled softly, Enjoy these years, Rindi. You've done much to make the world green again. These youths you're teaching. Are they prepared?

“Not yet, old wyrm. Not quite yet.”

Rings of fire rose into the sky from the smokestack of the Good Ship Charley Mopps. The great metal river boat was a t'skrang vessel with all the strength of a war ship--in weapons and crew alike--but serving primarily as a merchant vessel, moving goods up and down the serpent river. Their best known trade good was quality beer, and the merry crew were known to sing drinking songs as they worked.

The fetishes draped over Granny's shawl rattled softly--a curiously soothing sound when you realized it was made by bones, claws, and crystals. She smiled at the young adepts she was passing. "Good luck on your mission today," she said with a smile. The old green woman's staff tapped lightly on the deck as she continued passed the gathering of students.

Last edited:
Fantasy-Busty-Girl-Blue-Eyes-Magic-Stuff-Art-Huge-Print-Poster-TXHOME-D4017.jpg

Yalathael Shan smiled after Granny and replied, "Thank you. I'm sure we will. We're learning a lot here."

The blue eyed elf girl settled her revealing hardened leather carefully into place and checked the sword slung over her shoulder. Then she looked around to her friends. Two of them were elves from her home town--friends she'd worked hard to share this journey with despite being three years younger. The others--man and maid alike--she'd met on the Charley Mopps when they began to train together. She knew some better than others.

"So, what do you suppose they'll have us doing?" She inquired. Blue eyes scanned the hills passing them on the north side of the river. "I mean, I saw some of our teachers chatting with concerned looking village leaders in the last town, but we left at dawn as usual. If our training involves a mercenary contract for the ship, wouldn't it have happened there?"

tQwO1od.png

The busty elf's gaze finally rose from Yala's chest.

"Oh, if nothing else I'd imagine we're closer now to whatever the mission is. Maybe the mayor's daughter was kidnapped and the bandits that took her, are hidden out around here." Luelalin, although humans tended to call her Lea piped up.

Dagnus, a female dwarf, seated herself on one of the chairs, eyeing up both of the elves in front of her. Meanwhile Dwayne, an obsidiman and friend to most, stood next to her, afraid that he might break a chair if he sat on it.

efe400a6be04ffd85cabb8a80a925def.png

"Maybe they'll have us go to a distillery to try out some fantastical new brew. Wouldn't that be a treat," Dagnus said, her slight dwarven accent present in her speech, yet not overbearing. "I'd fancy myself getting some mystic mead or some other such drink!"

Obsidiman_Horror_Stalker.jpg

"I do not think they would call us to taste such things. We've nowhere near the fame for such a call," Dwayne stated matter of factly, his almost dopey looking grin not leaving his face. "It is more likely that there are weaker monsters or strong wolves that we must take care of."

"I know that, you big lump of stone. Let a girl dream a little. But I don't think it's wolves. They'd just get hunters for that," replied, flabbergasted at the idea of wolves being the reason.

"It might be werehumans then. A wolf during the day, but they turn human on the full-moon," Dwayne in a sage-like voice.

"Don't make me push you over."

Oliver would slowly make his way to the others his rare albino horse following right behind him, the horse was braided with red quartz to match its red eyes. When he arrived at the group he was a tad bit drunk from what he stole at lunch. "Hey there sexy elf, other sexy elf, short but still kind of sexy dwarf." He would then turn to the obsidiman, "some might find you sexy too ya big rocky bastard." He would chuckle slightly looking at the floor. "So what the fuck is our mission."

d19c93757c817b82447a3f85e9d3470f--character-portraits-fantasy-characters.jpg

She looked over at Oliver. She shook her head at his referring to them as sexy. "I think the Horse has more wits about him then the Man does." she then turns to Yala. "You may be right. We might not be very far from our task." The silver haired elf then went over and pets the white horse that Oliver brought with him. "you make sure he doesn't get in trouble okay?" she said to the horse.

aXeCAu.jpg

A single, amused snort escaped Lotar as the troll overheard Dagnus and Dwayne’s exchange. It had been almost two years to the day since he had left the highlands, and more than half that since the day he’d stumbled upon the Charley Mopps, wounded and feverish, but he still found himself underestimating his smaller comrades from time to time. Dagnus was fierce and brave warrior, no doubt, but for someone her size to topple an obsidiman? The troll would pay good money to witness that.

Well, that was probably a thought better kept to himself. Lotar looked back over his shoulder towards the group from where he stood, leaning on the ship’s railing and watching the water go by. “We’ll know soon enough,” he rumbled, gruffly. “If you’re so curious, ask.”

He never had understood the smaller folks’ desire for endless speculation.

Oliver would laugh at the comment made by the elf girl. "Don't worry, I think you might have the position of most sexy, I like a girl who fights back." He chuckles before turning to the other girls. "We have some time before we arrive, how about I get drunk as fuck while you lot give me a nice show." He says this in a calm and seductive tone as he puts his knife into it's correct strap and secures his spear on the horse.

Seduction:8

Kara found herself swaying to the music as she pet Oliver's horse. She was really starting to lose herself in the beat as she swayed a little more seductively as she continued to pet his horse.

Aspen_Whitebear.jpg
The titanic mound of furs on the foredeck shifted, a low grumbling rising from deep within its midst, muffled only by the fur and bear wrapped around it. Lifting its head the bear, in a terrible tooth-filled yawn, looks down to smile upon the heavily slumbering form of Meridian, her snores impressive having burrowed up from the depths of the bear. Almost able to be mistaken for the bear's grumblings. With a quick shift of its paw the bear whips it from beneath the slumbering girl's head. A loud thump occurs as Meridian's head bounces and she awakens with a start.

Sitting up slowly, the beauty stretches in a massive yawn, her mouth opening almost as big as the bear's. Flit sweeps down to land upon her high stretched hand, the little dragonfly constantly with her when she was awake, a green and gold jewel sometimes in her hair, or clinging to the front of her leather jerkin.

Oliver smirked lightly at Kara especially now that she started moving in a seductive way, his charms must be working, he would walk over to her and whisper in her ear. "How about we take This to your cabin." He said this in the most seductive manner he could muster

Seduction:12

She looked him up and down as she smiled. "Continue what in the cabin?" She said as she leaned against the horse coyly. She felt herself smile and bite her lower lip lightly as she looked at him.

"What about your horse? Will he be okay out here alone?" She said as she already started to follow his lead as he stepped away from the horse.

Kara turns as the ship shifts in balance. The cause was a huge bear. "Woe that is big." She then looks back at oliver. "I think we should stay up here they might announce the quest soon.

Yrineda was mostly relaxing before going on this New mission. She look at her old friends and then at their teacher. She wondered why they were there, this was a New task but why were they so Much people here for IT.

She look at their teacher and smile "we will do everything to make you proud."

Grany met Yrineda's eyes and gave the redhead a special smile. She touched the young elementalist on the cheek. "I know you will, poppet," she smiled. "You younglings have made me all very proud. Here come your teachers. Do your best."

The elderly tskrang moved away with a spritely step.

[IMG='width:259px;']http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/113857/TSkrang_Boatman.jpe[/IMG] Harlanarandar Tiegl, swept an elegant bow and charming smile to granny as he approached their assembly. The powerful swordmaster's scales were emerald chased with yellow. His tail was clever and strong--equally skilled at striking a foe and delivering a flirtatious tease.

[IMG='width:263px;']https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/3/31/T_sykra_sekra_amanda_t_skrang_warrior_by_doctor_nightmare-d4pfdtl.jpg[/IMG] Eesheeoka Vris--a powerful warrior who wore form fitted silvery mail--strode up as well. The warrior-girl had a round crystal shield over her back and a heavy spiked flail at her belt. She casually Oliver by the ear and dragged the Cavalryman back to the assembly. "Save it for the victory party, lover boy," she said--firmly but not unkindly. "It's time to earn your keep, and perhaps a ittle coin for yourself. If you survive this you'll all be ready for new lessons."

"Load up the longboats, bois and beauties," Harl called out, smacking Kara playfully on the rear with the tip of his tail. "You have a lot of work to do, and the River can't wait all day."

Dagnus was busy laughing at Oliver's comment about Dwayne being sexy, while Dwayne held his cheeks in what looked to be embarrassment.

"Someone might find me sexy? This is news to me, cavalryman," Dwayne said as Dagnus rolled on the ground, a very unsafe thing to do with a horse on deck.

"Dwayne you clod! You're sexy as schist!" Dagnus cackled, managing to make herself laugh even harder. Once she finally calmed down, she stood up and looked up at the two T'skrang that have approached the party. "I agree with the sexy nerd, what are we doing out here?"

"Please tell me that we aren't fighting were-houses. That is the only thing I dread," Dwayne said, no longer embarrassed by Oliver's comment.

"Oi, Dwayne, enough with the nonexistent lycanthropes. A house can't hurt you," Dagnus said, patting Dwayne on the back.

"Not if it falls on you," Dwayne retorted.

Oliver would scowl at the woman for pulling him back. "Wow, want to give me blue balls I see" he would chuckle slightly to himself at this comment before mounting his horse.

He would spot harl slapping Kara's ass and smirk slightly. "Your one lucky bastard having that tail you know that"

He looks at the unsure people. "For now we can help load up the long boat."

Kara was already headed for the long boats as she was almost sure Oliver was the one that smacked her on the ass. She then walked over to the long boats carefull not to get loaded into the same part of the boat as the polar Bear. "is the polar bear even going to fit in a long boat?" she said to herself out loud as she then sat down in the long boat ready to grab any luggage that others had to help load up the longboats.

"Come of we are burning Daylight. We don't have time to ask questions all day he said to load the longboats so load the longboats!"

Flit and Meridian bounded from the bear's embrace and dashed for the longboats. Instruction was given, they were leaving the ship. More would come as needed, though it would probably come in transit. Hesitation was not acceptable, and Lea knew it. What was she doing? Meridian waved Lea to the longboats as the bear slipped over to the rail preparing to hit the water without a boat.

Lotar left the conversation and questions to the others. The troll grunted as he scooped up his pack from the deck, checked that his sword was securely fastened to his back, and then stomped over to join the others at the longboats. He'd do what he could to help the others get aboard, then find a spot on the least-heavily-loaded boat for himself. Probably not the one with the horse, or Dwayne; he trusted the t'skrang craftsmenship to hold, but he saw no reason to test it.

Oliver would put his packs on the boat along with his spear, he would then make sure his horse was securely on before turning to the polar bear and scowling. "My horse is better then that soft bastard" he felt quite upset that another beasts was threatening the dominance of his horse billy bob.

Kara pet Oliver's horse Billy Bob as she waited for all the long boats to fill. "Don't worry Oliver... I like your horse more then the polar bear." She said in a flirting fashion.

Meridian stood up from where she was helping others stow their gear in the longboat, her gaze sweeping across to Oliver. Her gaze settles on him, and she reaches to a tassle at her side, looking back to him she licks the tip of a finger and swipes a vertical gesture in the air top to bottom, then ties a knot in the tassle. Once done, she returns to her task, making the ships ready for water and the gear ready for travel.

Back
Top Bottom