Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shark Bait (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

"This bastard...will not keep me from you...regardless where he takes me." Gio choked. Terrma smirked darkly and threw Gio to the floor before stepping on him to keep him there.
"Would you die for him, little elf~?"

"Right now~?" He asked. Gio thrashed under his foot, hissing and snarling like he was no more than a beast.

She was shaking, her heart racing. She bowed her head and nodded. "Y-Yes.." She said. "Gio surely must have seen enough of my working to carry on my practice.." She said.

Terrma dropped his dagger in front of her, "Then kill yourself."
"No!! Sereina, don't do it!! Don't do it, I beg you!! Please don't make me see you die!!"

Gio used all his strength to force himself out from under Terrma, moving to her and pressing as close as he could to her, "If you die, I die with you. I will not watch your life ooze away on this floor. We will die together, old and dried out in a house we would have made together. If not then, then I will throw myself on a sword and die on the floor with you."

"I will never leave you, Sereina. No matter where I am..." He said gently, resting his forehead against hers, "Do you remember where we first met...? The first time I offered you that pearl...?" He whispered.

"That's where I'll be. Everyday, Sereina. I'll bring you more beautiful things until we can run away together." He whispered, "I swear..."

"B-But.. Gio..." She hekd onto him tight. "Y-You shouldn't be punished because humans are awful..."

"And you shouldn't throw your life away uselessly...Terrma won't release me even if you did go through with it...because he knows it would cause me more grief...." He said softly

"Alright, that's enough." Terrma said and pulled Gio up by his fin before forcing him to leave. Gio was shaking the whole time, his fists clenched so tight that blood dripped from his palms.

She sat there, sobbing for a good while before simply getting up and leaving. What was she to do now?

From the capital to the beach where they first met, it was at least a couple days or so walk. The shoreline in their little alcove beach was lovely. Surrounded by trees along the cliff with water the brightest blue she had ever seen. She remembered going there all the time to relax from her studies, just sit on the beach and listen to the sea. When she first met Gio, he nervously left the waters to greet her. He startled her at first and tried not to scare her more as he offered her the biggest, pinkest pearl she had ever seen in her life.

The birds sang to mock her and the flowers bloomed in spite. Everything was numb and she felt heavy as she dragged her feet.

"Sereina!" She remembered Gio finding her a flower, a rather common one, and thinking it was the most beautiful he had ever seen, "Here! For you! It doesn't compare but...you look more radiant than ever.."

When she finally made it to the beach, there he was. Gio laid half in the sand and half in the water so the tide would keep his gills wet. When he saw her, he shot up lightning quick, "Sereina.."

Back
Top Bottom