Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For Once In My Life (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

PoisonousIvee

Cluster
Naila was just your average working mom. She was an elf that moved from her homeland to live amongst the humans, met her husband and got married, had two wonderful children and raised them right. Everything was going swell, she did her work as a breadwinner and still managed to be a wonderful homemaker. But her husband, Agis, soon began to slack and care leas and less for Naila and their marriage before finally slapping her with divorce papers with a younger elf girl on his arm. Curunir and Miriel were in middle school when that happened, and Naila did her best to show them that everything would be ok but they could hear her cry herself to sleep.

Connor was a close friend of Curunir, and after the divorce, he came over and helpex in any way he could. He would never admit it, but he had a massive crush on Naila.

She would always tell him how sweet he was, even with tear stains on her face. She would let him help cook or clean or whatever he wanted to do when he was visiting Curunir. Even when they moved on to high school and he continued to help, she would pay him a little, for a soda or some chips if he wanted. She liked having Connor around. He was such a kind young man.

Time passed and he made sure to keep as close contact with Curunir and Naila as he could, even after he moved away.

"Cù..." Naila called from her office, "Have you heard from Connor lately?"
"No, mom, nothin'...he's been busy with college..." He answered. She frowned and nodded.
"Ok...do you have everything you need for when you go? Miriel too?"
"Yes, mom..."
"I just need more notebooks!" Miriel called from her room. Naila sighed softly and moved back into the office to order notebooks.

More time passed, and soon enough, Connor was a graduate, and was moving back to his home town for work.

Talking with Curunir was fee and far between; his friend and his sister were at a university learning post-graduate things to get better careers so there was hardly any time to talk. He wondered if Naila was still at the old apartment they lived in.

He was able to get a vacancy at the complex, not only to see Naila, but because it was walking distance from work.

It felt surreal to be back here after so long. Was she still around? Would she even remember him?

He made a noise and shook his head. He began unloading all his boxes into the new apartment. He looked and two doors down, there it was. Her apartment. Doubtful she'd be there.

That's when he saw the door open and someone step out. There she was, ageless, timeless - like time stopped when he left. She seemed to have been heading to the store, she had some reusable bags in her hand.

She looked up, clearly confused, before looking over and inspecting him before her eyes widened, "Connor?"

She blushed and smiled, "You've certainly changed, look at you! A good foot taller than me now! And so handsome! I bet you have a ton of girls back where you come from."

He laughed a bit and rubbed the back of his neck. "Sadly no, but I'm back here for good now.." He said.

"Oh, that's wonderful! That's so great! I can call Curunir and let him know, he might be able to stop by! In the meantime, why don't you come over for dinner tomorrow? I can make you a nice seafood or maybe a roast? It's just me now so I've only been eating tv dinners." She said sheepishly.

"Oh, well.. Sure!" He smiled. "I'd love that.." He said, moving to set his box down. "I'll be there!"

She nodded, "Great! I'll make something fancy, maybe something from my home! It's a good thing I'm going to the store." She smiled. God, that smile. "Well, I won't keep you! Let me know if you need any help!"

When tomorrow came around and it was about time for dinner, he went to her door and knocked. She answered, wearing a nice powder blue dress, her hair pulled into a dainty bun. She looked amazing. "Hey!" Sje greeted brightly.

He smiled, he was in a button up and slacks, he had just gotten off work. "Hey! How are you?" He asked. "May I come in?"

"Of course, of course!" She smiled and let him in, "I found one of my favorite wines from back home. It's really sweet, so you have to be careful cuz it's a lot stronger than human wine but it tastes like the juice I used to buy the kids when they were little." She laughed before becoming embarrassed, "I'm sorry, I'm rambling.."

Back
Top Bottom