Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

「RISE」(1×1 with Jikkah)

Nana followed closely behind him, a frown on her face. “I’m sorry Motochika... Let’s find out if there’s any other dragon hourglasses, surely they can’t all turn us away..!”

Nana nodded. “I can look into it, try to find out where they might be... There have to be more, right? The king said that the Waves affect the entirety of the world, so I don’t see why this would be the only hourglass..!”

Nana nodded. “Money shouldn’t be an issue, we can stock up on supplies here, and sell loot from monsters along the way.”

The two of them then agreed to split up and each buy the needed supplies for the trip, agreeing on a meet up spot when they were ready.

Motochika would wait for an hour, and then two, and when the markets started to close and the sun began to set, terror truly gripped his heart. Did something happen with Nana?

Nana let out another scream of agony, the whip being brought against the bare flesh of her back for what seemed like the umpteenth time, opening another bloody gash. Her arms were pulled outstretched, cuffed and chained, she had been knelt on the ground with her ankles cuffed to the floor so she was unable to stand. “Please stop...!” She cried weakly, slumping forward again as the person lashing her paused, identity unknown. Nana didn’t know who this person was, or why they were hurting her, as they hadn’t spoken a single word to her yet. They had only brought her into that large, cold, and stony room, torn her shirt from her back, and began to harm her.

Last edited:
She flinched at the sound of his voice, trying to turn her head to see behind her. “M-Motochika..? I-I don’t understand... What’s going on? Why are you doing this..?” Her eyes filled with tears. “You’re hurting me..!” She whispered out.

This hurt her deeply, scared her in fact. She still put that much strain on Motochika? “N-No, I promise, I’m working really hard, I’m sorry that you’re always protecting me, but I’m doing my best, I promise you..!” She was so confused, hadn’t Motochika just told her she had improved greatly. “You don’t have to defend me as much, I can pull my weight, so please! Please stop this..!”

She jolted again, crying out in pain as blood trickled down her back, shoulders shaking as she strained herself, pulling hard on the chains. “Motochika! You’re hurting me!” She began to weep. “You’re hurting me!”

Tears streamed down her face, and her silent sobs wracked her body. “Please, give me another chance, I promise I’ll do better..!” What had made Motochika so angry at her for? He had never been violent toward her, never scared her- except for that time. The first time they met, just after he had been accused of raping her. He had turned on her and asked if she had set him up, did he not believe her when she had told him no? Had he harbored resentment and ill feelings towards her all this time? No, she had traveled so much with him, he was truly kind, he wouldn’t do something like this.
“Wh-Who are you..?” You aren’t him... You aren’t Motochika..!”

"You have seen the true face of the Devil of the Shield, child." Another voice rang out, "He is not who you believe him to be."

She felt a bit of anger, straightening up and looking around for anyone, but only saw Motochika with a bloody whip. “Who are you? I know that isn’t Motochika!” She said more firmly.

"How can you be so sure? We found him waiting for you, getting angrier and angrier. Once we told him where you were, he insisted." The voice said.

“He’s never once hurt me! Never yelled at me out of anger! This trick of yours is cruel!” She was too sure of herself and Motochika; she would need harsher convincing if she was to be saved.

She wavered for a moment. “He had every right to be upset in that moment! He was falsely accused and given no chance to say his side! You say it like he had assaulted me, but he hadn’t touched me at all!”

“Remember what?! Nothing happened that night!” She protested, looking around for where the voice was coming from.

Back
Top Bottom