Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

๐“•๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“—๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“ž๐“ž๐“’

@ChrisGabriel

I think you are wanting a different role play than what we are offering. We have tried to explain it to you every way until Sunday on what the environment, technology, and conditions we are left with. You still are not understanding what we are talking about.

The year zero is now 2019. We do not have that kind of technology, that kind of money, or even plans for such a life style or structure to propose what you want. As of right now, the year zero (taking place in 2019), we have no internet, we have no city on the water, we have no phones, we have no technology requiring electricity. Our world is over and we have finally admitted defeat. This means no schools, no colleges, no everyday convenience we have. The world went to crap years ago and it is beyond repair now. What we have now in the world (real world) is the BEST it's going to get. From here on out there are no advancements. So your city DOES NOT WORK.

To add to this, your character is 100% a Mary Sue. Her only fault is she is "too smart". She has evolved through natural evolution (or scientific which SHOULD NOT EXIST) that should take hundreds or thousands of years. So much so that her skin is harder, she is faster, she is stronger, she can live under water, ect. She is basically a new species. She is 21 years old, lives in a utopia, and has already identified what went wrong and knows how to save the world. She is (at freaking 21!) Able to perform surgeries and modify not only another person but also herself AT 21. If anyone should have the answer it should be Sofia since she actually has the studies and notes on the actual problem, however, her level of education is somewhat high school level. She can read, she can write, and she can do basic math. Right now, in the real world, if it snows a certain amount schools will close. This means if plants began to take over the world, most people would pull their kids out of school and either teach at home or teach them survival skills. What's going to keep them alive longer? Science or survival skills? The only way I would be willing to accept your character being insanely smart and all knowing is if she were in her 60s or 70s and actually had all this knowledge before things went bad. But if your character is that old then they are physically weaker than everyone else, even Sofia who is average.

At the end of the day I am pulling the plug. Either adapt your character to having lived on a house boat/tiny house on a raft/oil rig/boats tied together to create a 'city/Bajau tribe huts on the water OR don't role play. I am all for collaborating but you are basically arguing something against the person who proposed the idea. We already compromised with the people living on water, we will not compromise with anything else. If you want an Atlantis type role play then you are more than welcome to create one yourself.

I do NOT want a floating utopia.
There are no scientific experiments on humans.
There are no planes.
There will be no technology aside from anything using a battery.
There are no super humans.

Well, I could start disputing most of what you think I wrote, but I see that for your world, there is no place to have any different thoughts. Maybe it is my bad, as I was wanting to play a real possibility future post-apocaliptic world - and I could even compromise with the whole fungus and plants part to work with it.

Here is only one small question: If my kind of present time tech can't be behind the times of the roleplay, how could you put in the new "fungus and plants"? Just asking, as that kind of thing is not really more than sci-fi.... Otherwise the whole setup should be put back to before 2000, if you do not accept solar energy... And that way you do not even have to add climate change and flooding, as it would be NOT in the future of the planet at all.

But to tell the truth, I really got bored and disinterested by this whole shite*. And that is not for your roleplay, but the whole BlueMoonRoleplaying community. After almost nine years, it is increasingly worse by every month. Oh well...

So, sorry to take up your time and thoughts, I will be going now. Bye

I'm not going to go into this any further because we will not see eye to eye. This is a current post-apocalyptic role play, not futuristic. So I am going to just end this discussion now. I am sorry you're not having fun on BMR but I do hope you find something that does work well for you from here on out.

yaaay \o/
P.S: i'll try and get a reply out as soon as I can. I got a raging headache at the moment. x-x

Last edited:
I was just using the photo for "open". We're in Texas though. Somewhere a little north from Houston, not in a city but more suburbs.

Unless you wanted to start in Louisiana? It doesn't matter we we start to be honest.

Oh no, it's okay. Texas sounds good ^^ I think it's more doable of a travel since they'll mostly be on foot. I just wanted to know for certain for when I write my reply. I'm making the draft as we speak. : 3

Sounds good then. I didn't want to make it too complicated. Take your time. I know Gambit is at work until pretty late and won't be able to post tonight.

You 2 are wonderful writers <3
I wish I wasn't so rusty myself x-x
Been spending almost a year with just worldbuilding projects and not writing. :p

Thank you!
You're a great writer too! I tend to write more shit feelings and emotion rather than balance it with world building. So you're not alone in wanting to improve yourself. But to be far, Gambit and I have been writing together for...7 months? So have a similar style.

ooooh, cool! nice to have writing partners that share a style with you. ^^
It's the same with my fiance, my favorite roleplay is still with them :p

Alright, I'll get a reply out soon enough and have the characters meet up. : 3

That's so awesome that you met someone you can write with! I don't know many people in real life that know role play as anything other than LARPing or bedroom play. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Take your time on the response. I left it open purposely to see if anyone wanted a little action even if it's on the smaller scale for now.

Hello, how is everyone doing today? I was hoping to jump aboard your rp if you will allow me to do so. One thing though I was reading to get a better understanding about what the world is about, the limits, and what is happening in the world; I feel sort of loss in exactly what is happening after reading. Mostly because it seems like the world you're imagining is slightly more advanced then the current world we live in(mostly because of the genetically modified moss that eats all forms of non-degradable trash and then mutates like crazy), but it's technology is only up to 2019. Oh and why did it flood, I'm missing that part too.

@icarusL24

The reason we specify that technology is where it is now is because one of the other potential players was heavy into extremely far into the future technology. Right now we have scientists cloning animals, plants crossbred, fetuses that can grow outside a woman's body, ect. We have many leaps we have overcome but the general public does not have access to it. Most people don't have access to it. Its being tested. So a plant that can eat away at trash much like maggots eat at a body, isn't too terribly far fetched. It's not like they consume the trash like an animal does, it just happens over time. Problem is, as the years passed, they mutated. So this whole thing has happened over a large span of time. We aren't looking for flying cars or anything. When the world went to hell, we don't want any more public access technology to highly advanced. The main reason we do that is because we don't want people modifying themselves into other species, we don't want a utopia on the water that thrives better than anything we have on land. We just want to keep things simple and with things we are familiar with...which doesn't matter anyway since it's all trash now.

The flooding happened with the climate change which is why the scientists worked hard to come up with a solution. The ice caps melted causing sea level places to sink into the ocean. They're not gone, just partially submerged.

So how mutated are the plants? Are the huge and actively attacking humans, are they small and populist with high resilience, or are they somewhere in the middle? Do they take over an ecosystem like an invasive species or add to it?

They are somewhat in the middle. Not all plants attack, some just spread so fast they couldn't be contained. Some are fire resistant, some emit a toxic gas when stressed, a specific fungi is parasitic and infects humans and animals. I borrowed inspiration from HP with the Devil's Snare. Wild borrowed the flower that shoots poison quills from Jumanji. They helped reduce the pace of global warming but then became more invasive and couldn't be contained...similar to weeds. Their mutation can spread through pollination though even though there were a certain amount that were created, their mutation spread to existing plants. So if a Venus Fly trap was mutated it could grow large enough to eat a fox or small child. Any pitfall trap could use what they already have to attract larger prey.

My character, Sofia, was attacked by a vine that constricted and tried to pull her towards the trap. Its really an open field to play with. They do not get up and walk on their roots though. The photos in the IC are basically what the world looks like now.

The parasitic fungi attack humans and animals. It is similar to the video where they start to lose their mind and become confused. With the ours, they don't kill the host for quite some time so it gives the host time to spread the infection. So while we don't have "The Walking Dead", these people will only know hunger, extreme thirst, and aggression. When killed, they remain dead. Only living beings can be infected. No super strength, no shoot them as many times and they only die from destroying their brains, no animated body parts that are cut off...just infected people without any cognition.

The photo on the first page are the links. Just click on the words and it'll take you there.

The mutated plants come in all shapes and sizes. Some are dangerous while others are harmless. Some remain stationary in one spot and try to use stuff like sweet smells or pretty flowers, etc... or vines to lure prey towards the core plant. Then you have the type of plants that spread like the plastic eating fungus for example.

Just imagine an earth where nature go hooked on steroids. :p
But not every plant is a mutant. just a good chunk of them.

Animals too have mutated, not all of them though. Due to the changes in nature the animals had to adapt. for example some insect species have gotten bigger and more lethal with their bites/stings/toxins, etc... Just go with your imagination as long as its not too nuts. Like, no tentacle monsters. It's more like subtle changes like bigger sizes, more aggressive behavior, etc...

All technology is gone now due to nature having completely taken over buildings. So there's no electricity but we still have batteries or maybe a worn out solar panel, rarely gas powered generators. There's no vichicles cause we are 20 years into the future (2019 was the apocalypse date). Most of the gasoline has probably been siphoned out of cars and gas stations already so that stuff is rare and only used for emergencies -if- people find them. other stuff like music is another rarity unless you play an instrument yourself. Or managed to find an old cassette or cd player that works on batteries or hook it up to a solar panel. BUT, most will probably not waste their batteries on music.

Medicine is very rare now or expired. Which results in going with old school methods by growing herbs and either eating them with a dish or in tea form, crushing them into powders to disolve in water, or pastes to use on wounds or consumption.

Weapons is either all melee. rifles and guns still exist but ammo is rare so it's not a common thing for people to use anymore unless they are lucky enough to create ammo themselves. But that require metalworking and finding gunpowder stuff, etc... which again is not a skill that most people have.

Check out our IC thread cause we have more info there Rules-wise, and setting explanation. : 3
Check out our profiles too cause there's some background info about how the apocalypse happened. Just ignore the profile called Coral Gatha from ChrisGabriel. The player left the group.

@icarusL24

So yea. We've just started so you can hop in whenever. :p
We're at the stage where our characters all heard rumors about a sanctuary called Haven somewhere west in Arizona which is mostly desert now with oasis here and there.
The characters (as backstory) have already agreed with neighboring settlements that they would form a group to investigate these rumors in hopes of finding a better and more secure place to call home. So all our characters are gathering at 'the meeting place'.

Ok I'll read a bit more and if I have anymore questions I'll ask....probably a lot (I ask like 50 questions a day so be prepared for bombardment).

Take your time reading. Just propose your character before you begin the rp. We don't want to waste anyone's time if we're not all on the same page.

I've been googling how to write english with an italian accent....things are gonna be interesting, lol. But I hope it's gonna create some more immersion instead of writing clear english with Lorenzo and then toss an italian sentence.

Back
Top Bottom