Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Journey to Virelis (Cylian997 and BloodRedRomeo)

Oh god dammit. Of course the biggest baddie of them all shows up the second he takes his armor off. Thus, he did the only thing he could: he ran with the villagers. His hope was to protect as many as possible until the cooldiwn ran out. After that, he’d switch to the offensive. Until then, surviving was his priority.

15 seconds remain.

Some of the more stalwart and brave villagers tried to fight and defend their home. We took little remorse in killing these men and women and she turned them into her army. Her maddening cackle mixed with the screams of death like some terrible symphony. There were children who didn't leave the sides of their parents, husbands who died who then killed their loving families and children forced to put down their parents.

We only delighted with glee in the terror, it was the only time she felt alive.

Kirby couldn’t stand it. This wasn’t acceptable. He couldn’t just run away. From what he could tell, these people were as strong as normal humans. If so, he had a plan.

Kirby turned abruptly, sprinting towards the woman who was the source of all this. He had faith in his ability to react and dodge. His plan was simple. Get in range of her, transform, use dragon wing flap to get behind her, and then use the full power of his attack at point blank range.

12 seconds.

We launched an unholy barrage towards Kirby that murdered more small children and families. And he was unable to do anything as the forces of evil grew closer. We maintained her attack as as another spear came rushing towards another small child. The terror in his eyes said it all.

And Kirby was too far. He was too slow. He was stuck with these rules that he couldn't break.

Kirby didn’t know what to do. He hadn’t gotten hit yet. He could do that much at least. But as the people around him got hit, his blood ran cold. “Get begins something! Make it so she can’t see you!” he roared to the people. He didn’t know how much that would actually help, but it was something. As he did this, he tried to do something. He tried to kick a skeleton into the path of the oncoming spear. Maybe that would be enough. Maybe.

He just needed to stay alive for these few seconds more.

9 seconds

In a sudden white bolt, Lisha came and dragged the child out of the way from the strike. We only looked annoyed.

"Hahaha! My plan worked!!" She was obviously lying through her teeth. But it was still a great help.

In that moment, Kirby miscalculated. There was a spear only inches away from him. In that moment his life flashed before his eyes, but in that moment his hud appeared.

"Code Breaker: Warning. Your divine armament's conditions are set to protect your soul and quintessence from being wasted, poisoned etc. If you wish to do this you will use your soul as fuel to power your abilities. Quintessence poisoning varying in your location and how long you maintain your state. Activate?"

There weren’t a whole lot options available to him. He really, really didn’t like the idea of using his soul to power his abilities. But he liked getting imaged by spears even less. Thankfully, Lisha has served the boy. Now he needed to focus on We. So he agreed. His quintessence would become to fuel he needed.

8 seconds

As Kirby pressed the button he all of a sudden felt as if his entire body lit up for the first time. It was a surreal experience to feel what was almost inconceivable; his vision was suddenly so sharp, his muscles so taut and strong, he felt like a new man. Almost subconsciously his body moved forward, as he watched on there was a new bar on his hud. It was bar that blinked rapidly, it was a black and red bar that had 100% on one side and a skull and crossbones on the other.

With what abilities Kirby had, he managed to swiftly fly off, not only once, but twice back to back. As it continued on, this was much more than just what the screen said. He was able to move his body with the full freedom of his imagination. It seemed as long as he could imagine the movement, and it was physically do it; then it would happen.

"You little gnat! We will kill you!"

7 seconds and Quintessence Bar at 100%

Kirby was now directly across from We as her army began to charge in. Lisha only remained stuck for a moment as she saw Kirby, his armor glowed like a prismatic gem as it displayed all of the colors available in his arsenal. There was something that told her, if she wanted to find her magatama; she needed to help him and keep him alive.

Kirby's vision focused again as he saw the wind trails of the movement and he was able to count over 300 enemies. He needed something big in order to handle this.

~~~

"So tell me Pinky dear, what exactly did you have in mind?" Venema teased out as the armadillo statue laughed.

"Great emperors: The Brown Armadillo Tayama's Endless Hunger: Yujiro." What was revealed was a man who seemed beyond tortured. His lips were sewn shut and bloody, his eyes covered in thick bandages. He was gaunt, almost as if he never even bothered to eat. His smile actually showed a maw of sharpened teeth, teeth that were painstakingly sharpened by hand. His fingers didn't even have nails on some of his finger tips. His stats were certainly high, but the stat he dominated in was constitution. But what was haunting among the gods was his element; it was null.

"Wait? What? How is he even alive?" Paina interjected. "With a quintessence like that... he is more of a demon than a human, that is cheating. How is he even able to harness demonic quintessence? Only the divine who fell from grace can do that! Sybelis, as the arbiter of this contest I demand that you disqualify Tayama this instant!" The authoritative tone of Paina was quickly hushed by Sybelis who almost seemed upset.

"Paina, my empress, do you not believe that I would not hold this game as a sacred honor to judge? I take my duty very seriously. When I disassembled him, I found what happened. Yujiro was once a human. In his reality there was a foul king who captured entire villages and did horrible experiments on the people. Yujiro was forced to do countless crimes against humanity. Yuijiro was forced to, and not limited too; eat babies, devour blood for hours, endure torture, rape among other things. As these acts were performed on him, his soul simply burnt out. In order for him to survive he needs to feed off the quintessence of other living beings.

Yujiro was shown to the gods as he walked through a small city, his hands dripped with blood as he dragged a woman and began to eat her alive. She begged him, pleaded him to stop but all he did was run his hand across her lips. Her lips dried up as her soul seemed to slip out of her body. The city was in shambles as he dug his nails into his flesh and seemed to ritualistically scar himself. Magic smells that were thrown against him all disappeared as his anti-quintessence shield devoured it. But there was a trick in the spell as a solid cannon ball hit his face. A sand lizard that seemed to live inside of Yujiro shot out and ate the cannon ball. He waved is hand in the general direction of the wizards as a massive purple claw cut through the people and easily severed them.

"Sadly, those killed by Yujiro suffer a fate worse than hell itself. They are sucked into his barren soul and used as fodder and once the soul has no more quintessence to life... it ceases to exist. Not even I can save those souls. It literally becomes nothing. I have never seen abilites like his in a human so I have very little knowledge even when i disassembled him. He tried to charge and consume me."

"That would be dangerous. You are playing a scary game there Pinky... he might be able to kill us all if he consumed enough souls. He could destroy all of reality." Corona responded. But then Tayama soon laughed.

"And poor Norfarr with the weakest person here. A normal human from a world without active quintessence. What kind of dumb move was that?" Norfarr remained quiet.

"Great emperor, The Green Dragon Norfarr Thunderous Fang: Kirby Flynn." Kirby was displayed and unlike others who had stats in the hundreds or so, Kirby barely passed the midteens. As the gods laughed his potential far began to fill...

And fill...

And fill... and the gods stopped laughing.

And filled even further. Then his quintessence was displayed: both wind and water. And even one final thing in bold letters "Code Breaker".

"What kind of bullshit lottery is this Norfarr! You thought Pinky was cheating. THAT is cheating." Shigen quickly commented as Norfarr began to laugh.

"I scoured my side of the universe for such a potential line in my space. And then I found it, the potential for a code breaker, the person who can break the rules of reality like we can but in human form. I quickly moved ley lines towards earth over 200 years ago and plotted everything for this day. I will show you the power of an explosive talent who bursts through like a tornado." Norfarr shouted to the other gods.

"Indeed my lords, as I disassembled him I found the most rare thing I have ever seen in his soul. A spirit tied to two elements, but there is potential danger in such an action and with his status as a code breaker; the dangers to him are unique and dangerous. Until he can reach at least half of his potential he is a paper tiger in front of a storm. But, if he were to reach that potential then he could become the storm. Now my lords. We will watch this tournament unfold and may the best god win."

Kirby still wasn’t fully sure what was going on with him. However, it seemed as though he could exceed the limits that had held him back earlier. He could do anything. All at the minor cost of his very sound. He’d try not to dwell on that last part too much. For now, he just needed to win.

As he approached We, he made sure he was away from any civilians. Once he was, he tried to use the Dragon Tail Slash with both wind and ice. His goal was to create a hail of ice spikes that were launched by the wind like bullets. Hopefully it worked.

5 seconds, Quintessence bar at 99%

"Norfarr's Explosive Breath: Level ???"

Quintessence bar at 96%

The attack morphed into something he couldn't explain. In the heat of the moment Kirby didn't notice that every element ticker was on. As he swung his entire body it gathered a power from within that seemed almost boundless. As he swung his leg it was not wind that followed, it was not ice nor thunder; but a hellish mix of the three. It was a variable hellstrom with winds that blew away the houses in front of him, ice that froze over the ground and turned it to solid ice and within all of that furious bolts of energy ripped through the ground and those enemies. When it was all said and done only We remained standing and she took massive damage.

She lost the left side of her skull, her right arm, her first and second layer of skin and who could know the countless other injuries. We knew this was wrong. This was not supposed to happen this way. She weakly turned back to see that where was nothing left but ground that was ripped asunder and ice. She was alone against this monster of a being. The queen would not like this.

Lisha and the towns people remained in awe at what they saw, a single person who did so much damage. We fell down to her knees as she extended her hand, she tried to launch something but she just fell over. It looked like in one move it was all over.

As soon as it was over, Kirby disengaged his armor. He too was in awe of what he had just accomplished. It was unlike anything he had experienced before. His Code Breaker ability truly was insane. However, he wasn’t sure how much he could use it. He didn’t know how quickly that bar would refill, if at all. It was a scary prospect, to say the least.

However, he knew that could all be tackled later. Right now, We was the most immediate threat. He approached her, just to see if she was still alive. Or whatever was her normal state. He was pretty sure she wasn’t entirely human. Once he knew that much, he could decide on how best to deal with her.

When he took that first step his entire rebelled against him. It felt as if every cell, every bone, every organ was dipped in hot lava. Lisha moved over and held him up and sat him down as the towns people rallied behind him. Though they lost, it could have been much worse if this mysterious stranger had not appeared to save them. Lisha did walk over and took the time to sever We's head.

"You really did a number on this whole area." Lisha admitted. "but its lucky you have me around to help you. You don't look from around here but my name is Lisha and I think we can help each other." Kirby's senses were all out of tune, time felt both fast and slow, his ears heard at different decibels, colors blended together into a mishmash of colors. Kirby just didn't feel good and all his body wanted was to go to sleep.

Kirby had to fight to remain conscious for just a moment. He pointed over towards We’s body and said one word. “Burn.” He didn’t know what she was but best to make sure she didn’t come back. Never trust a necromancer to stay dead.

That was the last of his strength. He didn’t even hear what Lisha said. He just completely conked out. He was going to sleep for a while after that.

Kirby never sleep so deeply before, it was an indescribable exhaustion. He did not know how long he sleep for but he eventually awoke to the smell of something absolutely delicious. The noise from the outside seemed incredibly loud as his HUD turned on again, All of his skills were on a, what was that... 3 day cool down?? And his soul quintessence did not recover. It looked like that was a permanent loss. At least the pain has gone from burning in lava to burning in a fire. A small dwarf child who seemed to be waiting and ran off.

"Good, you are awake. The name's Lisha. Whats up?" She curiously little fox girl sat down next to him, her tailed wagged around curiously.

The first sound to escape Kirby’s lips was a groan. His body was so tired after that fight. It was like he had danced every role in grand ballet twice without resting. Or breathing.

After a moment to recover and breathe, he tried to speak to the girl next to him. “I’m Kirby Flynn,” he said weakly. This truly was a first, being this exhausted. “Can you tell me where I am and what happened?”

"You are really powerful aren't you Kirby!" Lisha had a winning grin as her tails danced around energetically. "Here, eat eat. Well you did something almost impossible, you combines two quintessence types, added an advance one as well. It was intense. How are you so good?" Lisha asked.

"Don't let her butter you up. All she wants is to have someone help her find her magatama so she can't be useless." A random person pointed out.

"I am not useless... its hard for me to control my powers without it. And I have to beat my sisters in order to be welcomed back into the family." Lisha protested. "But yeah... what is that necklace?" Lisha tried to grab it but she suddenly and stepped away terrified. There was something that scared her away from touching the necklace.

Magatama. He was sure he had heard someone mention that before in regards to her. Whatever if was, it was clearly important. But he could care about that later.

“It’s very important to me,” he informed her, glad her hand retreated from it. “And it’s very dangerous.” Hopefully that would keep her from trying to touch it again. “Now, can you please tell me where I am? I’m a complete stranger to this area. I come from very far away.” The world traveling didn’t need to be explained to everyone. It’s not like he was lying either.

"Hmm? You traveled down here and dont know where you are? Well, considering you are in Millerton that makes sense. This is a poor farm village that has nothing worth anything." Lisha admitted and many of the towns people agreed. This was a simple farm village with out much of anything really.

"So I have a proposition for you Kirkir, I help you go around the world and you help me find my magatama. If you have no idea about anything you need a helping hand, and who better than me?" Lisha exclaimed proudly as the eyes of the villagers turned shifty... almost as if they were trying to hide something.

“Not agreeing to anything yet, but I may take you up on that offer,” he answered. He wasn’t going to make a random alliance with someone before he thought it through. And right now his brain was in no position to think.

“You have food, right?” he asked, suddenly having the hunger got him. He hadn’t eaten for some time. He had been hungry when he had left the ballet studio. Who knows how long it had been since then. He’d needed sustenance soon.

"Hey Mimi! Bring him some food will you!" Lisha shouted as she ran out.

"Sure, coming!" A sweet voice called out. A tan skinned girl with an athletic build and white hair. She brought over a bowl of food and sat down next to Kirby and handed it. "Hello, I am Mimi, it is wonderful to meet you." In the midst of finally understanding language and all of the pain he endured, there is a lovely sun-tanned queen in front of him. Smooth looking skin, slightly pointy ears, a demure but supple figure. "This is a bear stew, some bread and potatoes. I wish we had something nicer to offer you but... our village was just destroyed." She pouted as she sat down. "But don't worry! You did your best and you saved so many of us. Thank you."

Her sincerity was beyond sweet, the way her eyes lit up as she spoke to him and her warmth was cute. The stew itself seemed to be made not only with bear but there were some other meats, there were some tomatos as the sauce was red but it was rustic and flavorful. All of the meat and protein would do his body good as the nicely spiced meat spilled their juices as he would continue to eat. Even the little bit of warm spice helped accelerate his hunger. Mimi looked quite happy as Kirby ate.

"Well, Lisha fainted again." Another villager put Lisha down and she looks as if she was in pain. Her body was covered in small beads of sweat and she trembled in pain.

She was so pretty. Kirby’s eyes lit up at the sight of her. She was quite the sight for sore eyes. It suddenly made him feel like this entire trip had been worth it to see someone like her.

“Thank you very much Mimi,” he said with nod. He happily plowed through the food, finding it absolutely delicious. His mood was tainted by the memory of how much damage had been done to the village, but he could do nothing to change that now. He could only be glad more damage hadn’t been inflicted. At least some had survived.

“Did you make this?” he asked before Alisha collapsed, stealing his attention. “Is she alright?”

"I did make this, it is a town specialty. We are all hard workers here so we need filling meals and she is somewhat alright. See... as a kitsune child, without her magatamas she cannot regulate how her quintessence spills out of her body. She is constantly leaking out her life force like a broken bucket. It can be patched..." Mimi blushed deeply as she seemed unable to speak. "She normally g-gets donations of quintessence to keep her alive. But when she fought she used the last bit of it. And now her body is being ripped apart from the inside out." Mimi's concern was visible for poor Lisha. She looked uncomfortable as she hacked out something white.

"We will need to find someone to help her." Mimi stated.

“Could I help?” Kirby asked, still continuing to eat the food. “I believe I was told I have a lot of quintessence. I don’t know how to donate it, but I’d like to help if I can.” He didn’t like seeing her like this. Even if she had tried to sic the villagers on him, she had helped him in the end. That was the important part. He also now knew why a magatama was so important to her. It also explained why she went so far away. All power, no control.

"... if you wish to donate your quintessence... then you have to lay with her." Mimi seemed so embaressed that she was unable to even look at him. "Especially if you two are opposite quintessence types... you might have to be intimate a lot longer. Her body ends up being a sponge and you... can fill it up. Oh I have no way to explain this properly... I wish Ms. Kurasu was here. She would know how to explain it better. But she needs a... direct shot of your life." Mimi's dark skin was beaten out by the warm blush that covered her cheeks. Was this even the truth? Maybe there was something else he could do, but maybe even a better understanding on quintessence was at hand as well. Maybe this Kurasu was a good person to see?

Kirby also went red. He was, surprisingly, a virgin. He had never been one for romance, having always been focused on other things. But here, in this world, something about the fact that he could die at any moment made him far more receptive to the idea. But he wasn’t interested in sleeping with Lisha.

“Who is Ms. Kurasu? And where is she?” he asked Mimi. Maybe she’d have a better answer to this problem.

Back
Top Bottom