Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Journey to Virelis (Cylian997 and BloodRedRomeo)

"Dragon Tail Slash: level 1"
"------------------------ 1"

As Kirby pushed his fist forward, his newly acquired skill adapted itself to the fact that he threw a punch. But, almost as if his body was in tune with the armor, the attack adjusted itself and instead of releasing shards of ice, it released a solid block of ice that pushed through the giant undead machine. But there were two things that were interesting in this situation. The first was on the heads up display there was another bar under the bar for the tail slash experience. What was it for? But he had no time to think about that!

The catapult exploded into small pieces as the toxic green blob was rapidly falling down towards Kirby and he needed to find a way to move away from this situation and quickly. Without the protective barrier of bone, this ball was so toxic it was melting through the falling bone pieces.

Kirby was shocked by what had just happened. It seemed he had more control over these powers than he initially thought. He could only imagine how far he could take this. But as much as he wanted to fantasize about all the ways he could adapt his new powers, he had to focus on something else first. Namely, the toxic splash.

If he stood there, he was toast. He had to move fast. So he tried something. Instead of doing a thing and letting the system trigger the skill for him, he actively tried to trigger a skill on his own. He attempted to use Dragon Wing Flap to get away.

While he was able to push out the skill, this time the skill actually hurt his body. He felt as if he hyper extended his joins as he pushed himself forward and slammed into a pile of bones. His heads up display showed a cool down bar for his Dragon Wing Flap. While he was able to use it safely in small intervals, if he pushed too much he would tax his actual body and it could be dangerous. But at least he was alive and safe. But some of the skeletons did escape into the city and here is another question.

How does he take the armor off?

~~~~

Sybelis remained in her quiet hallway as she reverted back to her normal size. She floated towards the back and then casually walked through a wall. She walked down an empty hall devoid of all light, a tunnel so black even light could not escape. A tunnel where the pressure marred her perfect skin with ease. When she emerged from the tunnel her skin has be ripped off down to her second layer of muscle. Her skin hung as the viscera repaired itself rapidly. The mask that covered her eyes revealed that she actually had no eyes, it was only a mask to give mortals a semblence of normalcy.

The room in question sported six magnificent statues and each of them depicted a beast. There was a green dragon, a red phoenix, a blue turtle, a brown armadillo, a purple snake and a black monkey. As Sybelis reached the center the stone pillars gained an ominous, prismatic hue as if they were now inhabited. She split herself six ways so each pillar got their own private mediator. She soon began to speak.

"Welcome to you all, the Six Great Emperors. As the seat remains empty for the title of One Above All, I welcome you all to the grandest of all games. A game to control the divine quintessence that overrules all of reality. For your pleasure I bring you your combatants. As you all know, we hold this contest every two hundred years to determine who is most suited to rule all of reality and I as the final arbiter of this game maintain the honor and the sacred nature of the game. Each of you are only one victory way from being promoted to the highest of all seats. But let us see who we will be watching for the grand game." Above Sybelis's head an imagine of a person appears before them. "The Black Monkey: Shigen. I present their avatar Takai Mukuro who wields Shigen's Limitless Body as a divine artifact. " They showed a man with an unholy grimace, he was tall and hauntingly gaunt and covered in bloody bandages. He only had one glaring eye that stared out into the world without any feeling what so ever. He was almost unnaturally tall as he stood at nearly 7 feet tall. In his starting area, he was tossed into a forest of ogres and by the end of it; the entire forest was flattened. The ogre king, a hulking monster who stood nearly twelve feet fall had lost his legs, his right arm and an eye. There were countless bodies of goblins, ogres, and other beasts haphazardly thrown about.

"So tell me." Mukuro spoke with a level of near unprecedented level of both apathy and boredom. He lifted the king with one arm to eye level, in the face of the king twisted in fear.. There was true horror in the eyes of the king. The king wanted to run he wanted to just leave. If he could just live... No! The king violently takes a punch at Mukuro and Mukuro does not even move an inch. If anything he looked disappointed. "Was this everything?" His voice's low gravely rumble sounded much more unnerving when paired with his blank glare. The kind struggled as Mukuro swung the king by the arm so hard that all that remained of the ogre king was the arm Mukuro held onto. He dropped the arm and walked off.

"Oh boy, it looks like Shigen got himself a good one again." The purple snake echoed out. Sybelis cleared her throat and continued. Right next to Takai's face there were several stat bars. His strength and constitution were off the charts while his intelligence was extremely low. There was one more bar, the potential bar and Mukuro's potential was quite high. The gods all murmured among themselves. One bar that was specifically high was his quintessence bar.

"Mukuro comes from a universe where a war has destroyed the entire world. It is a sin he has to live with that he was the singular cause for the war. Because of, that the entire world was after him, yet despite the fact that the entire world tried to kill him it didn't work. He outlasted his entire planet until they all quit. Mukuro even managed to outlast my dissembling for .00078 seconds longer than every other contestant. His quintessence is highly tied to the domain of earth which allows him a varied host of skills. And with Shigen's divine item that allows him unlimited access to his body's potential, he is a dangerous enemy. Truly my lords, he is an outstanding combatant. Our meeting went fine but I can say that he might have a difficult time here if he does not learn to let go and accept help." The screen disappeared from Mukuro and moved on to the next one. The Sybelis in front of the red phoenix now spoke out.

"The Red Phoenix: Corona and her champion who wields the power of Corona's Tiny Sun: Shersan, Eternal Fire. Shersan is not just one dragon but seemingly multiple ones. Her mother was a tyrant of a dragon, Shersan was her newest progeny." A young girl who looked no older than thirteen stood in a mountainous hillside as she gave a dangerous glare off to the world. She has vibrant, almost metallic, pink hair. Her body was demure and lithe with creamy white skin. Her hips were hidden under her dress but her spotless skin was exposed in some kind of sexy display. She has massively long ruby nails, a long thin tail and she had no wings. It was almost as if she was underdeveloped... Sheran's stats didn't even show up??

"Hey!! Corona! Sybelis! What kind of shit is this!!" Shigen quickly complained.

"My lords." Sybelis quickly interrupted. "Please allow me a moment to finish my story. Sheran is an amalgamation of dragons. Her universe is quite adapt in using quintessence, more so than any other universe. Sheran is a life form made from a family of dragons and therefore, even for me and my ability to disassemble, it was impossible to tell just where her skill lies. As I said, her family was captured and had unknown amount of experiments formed on them. Blood, bone, sinew, eggs, sperm; they were all taken and used to create an artificial dragon. Sheran is an artificial being made from dragon parts. The lich who made her gave her the original name of the lost child because of a sick joke. Sheran is unable to properly use all of her abilities yet. But I can only imagine the horror that a dragon amalgamation and a divine item can cause." She finished her story as Corona laughed. Sheran walked off into the distance but every she turned melted the stone. "If she were to come into her body and not allow her insanity to control her. She would be able to burn the world. The experiments done to create her left her as a husk without a soul, she was given no moral training and therefore sees the world as her play thing. She is a titanic 3 year old."

"You always make the riskiest plays Corona. If someone found your little warrior now, she is as good as dead." The green dragon spoke as Corona gave him a haughty giggle.

"Please Norfarr, like you are any better. Of all the people to choose, a normal human from a world without access to quintessence? I think you have to worry more about yourself." Corona responded.

"I always believe in the potential of normal humans. He will not let me down." Norfarr responded.

Kirby was a bit dazed by the display he had just put on. Pulling himself out of the pile of bones, he immediately began to evaluate the fight. He had to learn what had just happened and how to use the knowledge to the best of his ability. If he didn’t grow, he would die. That much was obvious.

This Dragon Wing Flap though, that was the most interesting of his abilities. That level of speed was incredible. He knew if he could master it, he’d be an absolute terror.

Still, he needed to figure out what to do about this armor. He couldn’t spend his whole life wearing it. But before he could do that, he wanted to get away. If that necromancer eas still around, disarming himself could be trouble.

Kirby was unable to see anything around him, even if he focused his vision there was nothing but bones, dust and the green glob that was now melting through the floor. Who ever created all of those skeletons, they remained hidden. Still, what a wild ride so far. It was too bad he didn't have much time to think. There was still the situation about the armor. A little button on the lower left hand side of his vision began to blink. It said "Action" on it. Upon closer inspection it opened up to a new mini menu. Currently there was only 1 action there; "Armor On/Off". That was convenient at least. But it might be prudent to keep the armor on. But with the way out in front of him, it might be best to get moving.

That was until his knees all of a sudden felt as if they were made of glass. None of the practice he had done for ballet ever hurt this bad. It was as if his knees felt like they were made of brittle, frozen rubber. He needed to get somewhere safe to recover. Even his cooldowns were cooling down a bit slower than before.

Curse words flooded Kirby’s brain as he hit the ground. If there was one thing he knew he could do, it was work through pain. That was one of ballet’s fundamentals. Yet here he was, unable to stand. This would be a valuable lesson if he survived.

The first thing he did was drag his body over to the nearest wall so he could sit against it. This way he would be able to keep a solid watch around him. He could at least punch something if it got too close.

Next was some searching. He tried to open up two menus on his interface. The first was a detailed status screen, hoping that would give him a better understanding of what was going on. The second was a skill list. Maybe there was a healing skill he could use.

It turns out that his HUD had two different displays. He was in battle mode and now he was in touring mode. In touring mode he had many more options. But it seemed that, like his attack skills, he would have to explore the world and try to find skills to kill out his skill tree. As he looked over to his elements he sadly didn't have any healing skills but he did have something decently useful. This reminded him a bit of dungeons and dragons. And the armor was almost like a magical girl transformation. How could this possibly be happening?

"Soothing Cold: level 1"

His hands were suddenly icy and cool to the touch. Maybe this might help him at least move?

When his hands suddenly went cold, he was relieved. It was something, which was markably better than nothing. He used his hands to apply the cold to his torn up legs as best he could, taking solace in the soothing chill that ran through his limbs. Cold brought relief. At least to him it did.

But even as he treated himself, he did not let his guard down, keeping a careful watch around him. He wouldn’t let himself get ambushed in a situation like this.

Unlike the other abilities Kirby has, this one has an ability duration. He was able to keep it up for about twenty seconds. Luckily that was enough to get him mobile. Still, staying in this area might not have been the best idea. But where would he even go? He had no map, no method to direct himself, he didn't even know where he was in relevance to this world. Maybe with a little more adventuring he could find something that could help him in that part of his journey. But he needed to walk first. But there was another little thing blinking on his HUD.

"Armor Active."

It seemed there was a cooldown for when he was bale to switch between his normal form or his dragon form. It was lucky that his time finished filling up but it could be dangerous.

He chose to remain in his dragon form until he was sure danger was gone. He carefully stood up, feeling the stress in his leg with a comforting familiarity.

With his mobility restored somewhat, he opted to head to the entrance that the skeletons had left from. He needed to see where he was. It would at least be more progress than staying in this dungeon.

When he stepped out of the gave what greeted him was a sight beyond comprehension. He was on a floating mountain that seemed to be in the air by some unknown power. Waterfalls rushed down from the sky and fell down like rain. The sun shined from a distance as the vastness of this sight was almost overwhelming. There were trees that reached these lofty heights as the air's unique crispness filled his lungs with a kind of life he never knew possible. Every breath in he felt alive for the very first time, he almost felt this rush of life down to his cells. As his gaze continued to wander. Unique birds of a myriad of colors flew under the mountains he currently stood on. The grass itself felt softer than human hair. There were over 100 of these floating islands and now Kirby had to work on a way to get down. He was so high up he almost saw the stars out in space.

How did that girl even get down?

~~~~~

"See, the real question here is who did Anny pick for her avatar. No doubt someone she could bed later." Shigen shouted impudently as the snake giggled with venomous danger.

"First off Shigen, you need to remember that in this tournament you have only defeated me twice while I have defeated you six times. Beauty is it's own power, lust its own power. There is no one more hungry for victory then one promised pleasures that would otherwise explode their minds. And one who has that at so much more are truly dangerous."

"Great Emperors, I present to you The Purple Snake Venema's Venomous Fang: Verona Inflis. She is from a world plagued by an onrush of demons. It was the kind of war that brought all of their reality to their knees. It was something that Venema almost had to handle herself. That was until Verona was born. The perfect child of elven royalty, she is both high elven and dark elven. She singled handedly stopped a near 3000 year war in only 150. Though her blood sweat and tears and for the the love of the people she lives with, for the love of the child she lost. She fought." Verona is a stunningly beautiful woman, she stands proudly and beautifully with pristine ruby red hair and piercing emerald eyes. Her body has been trained to perfection, her thighs hide the power of a swordsman and the elegance of a royal. Her elven ears were perfectly in tune with the world around her. Her smooth skin was shown off and her ample breasts were held in place by what seemed to be magic. She was dressed elegantly in skin tight, sheer leggings and a matching coat. Her stats were displayed quite highly, her dexterity and charisma are actually her most prominent stats. Her intelligence was rather high as well with wind as her primary element.

"Vile fiends." Verona commands with the authority befitting of a royal. "I promise you, that I will eliminate your mortal coils. Prepare yourselves!" Verona was brought in via a group of evil casters who hoped to steal the treasures of the cave. In the middle of these casters casting their spell, Verona was already ahead of them and cleaved them with total ease. The only difference here was that they did not even bleed out, the blade, a smooth red katana with a toxic green edge, the men all fell down and their bodies already began to decompose. She put her weapon away as for a moment her sword shifted to another color.

"I hope you worms cross my path again, so that I may crush you." And with that she ran off.

"Verona dear." Corona speaks rather cautiously. "Has she already figured out the overdrive state of her weapon?" None of the other gods spoke as now they were obviousness worried about something.

"Who knows Corona. Maybe she did maybe she didn't." Venema giggles as the turtle chortles gleefully. "Now what do you think Paina? Do you think you can even slow me down?" The blue turtle lights up for everyone to see.

"While you may think that is cute. there is one thing that matters in this situation. Quintessence. And I have that in spades." Paina chortles like the rumbling of the sea.

"Great Emperor's I present you The Blue Turtle Pain's Ocean Shell: Skylis. A merwoman princes whose people were hunted to extinction and then used as a human's play thing. In her vengeance she escaped and ate other magical creatures until she became an unparalleled being of destruction. She has now gone after every group of mermaid hunters and hunted them to extinction for their transgressions." Skylis's eyes held a haunting level of malice as she massacred a fishing village by raising a tsunami to destroy them. Her evil cackle was heard for miles around, Her pure blue eyes held a distinct hint of madness. Her long shark tail moved swiftly and when she landed on land they turned into human legs. Skylis was blessed with wide, child bearing hips as she happily skipped along the dead village. Her highest stats were intelligence and wisdom with a very low constitution. However, Paina's item protects her weak body. As a merwoman she has control over water quintessence.

"This woman's madness is a chilling display of humanity's power and the desperation required to win my great emperors. Truly, both of these competitors are worth their weight."

"Now you can never hunt my people again." She walked by as she kicked a small dead child away. The armadillo just begins to laugh.

"Is that all you got?" The armadillo statue glowed.

For several minutes, Kirby just admired the site. It was breathtaking. A world unlike any he had ever seen before. He almost felt that this view alone made that battle and losing his previous life completely worth it.

After his break to admire the majesty of the sight before him, his brain returned to normal functions. He had to find a way down. But was that enough? Even if he did get down, what then? It’s not like he knew where anything was. He realized then he couldn’t stay out here. He had to go back into the cave. He had to find that girl. Maybe she could give him some answers.

As Kirby looked out into the distance he would have to jump down these mountains. But how he could possibly do that? His knees felt better yes but would his body be able to handle such a shock from such a fall? Kirby dud see from a distance the trees ruffle as a familiar pair of tails danced around through the forests below. In that moment something triggers on his hud.

"Wind Vision: Level X"

His eyes quickly shifted and all of the wind and its currents became visible to him. This might be a means to help him down if he combined the right technique with this.

When his skill activated, it took Kirby a moment to realize what he was seeing. After all, it wasn’t everyday a person gained the power to see the wind. He tried to observe it at first. Then an idea crossed his mind.

He switched over the wind element of his armor. He wondered if he had another mobility ability that could be used on the wind currents. Maybe he could ride them. And if he didn’t have any other skills, maybe Dragon Wing Flap could be used in some way. He needed to try.

Kirby felt the adrenaline pump in his body, while might have felt invincible in the armor, if he fell from this height he would no doubt fall to his doom. But he needed to find a way. While he continued to focus, the wind currents began to change color on his hud. From red all the way to blue and the blue ones were blinking. Was the armor warning him on how to jump through, still pulling off such a feat might not be that easy.

"Dragon Wing Flap --> Dragon's Cruising Flight: Lv.2"

He only had to fall at over 100+ miles an hour in between usages. Not that big of a problem right? Kirby was able to walk through the air with the wind currents to help propel him. This was the best core work out ever. The burning of his stomach was soon going to be a problem. But at least he was able to reach a separate mountain with relative ease. Even if his knees still weren't the biggest fan of his movements.

That had been a hell of a trip. Kirby was practically giddy with excitement. He had just flown. Okay, technically he hadn’t flown, just rode the wind current. But still, he was closer to flight than anything else any human he knew of. The emotional high alone took him some time to get over.

Once he had regained his sense and stopped giggling like a school girl, he tried to look for the same tails he had seen down in the forest below. Once he found them, he planned to try gliding down to her. He could use the help.

The shifting winds led Kirby deep into the forest and eventually into a clearing that led to a small village. It was a cute village, the houses were all made of rustic wood and the people were hardy county folk. The townspeople were if varying races and colors. Kirby spotted fox people, dwarves, elves and more

There was a familiar fox girl there and she shouted at the stop of her lungs.

"He is the demon that came out of the gate! When he emerged he summoned skeletons and other monsters." He couldn't explain it but his brain adapted to language. Bit he was also now enemy number one as countless people went to surround him.

When Kirby arrived at the town, it’s not like he expected a particularly warm welcome. However, he also hadn’t been prepared to be called a demon. Seeing the people start to surround him, he had to be prepared for whateveray come.

His first idea was to dismiss his armor. However, he quickly deemed that to be a terrible idea. His armor is what kept him safe and there seemed to be a cool down between taking it off and putting it on again. If that was the case and they decided to attack, he’d be in serious danger.

He could try to fight, but that had two problems. If they were as strong as normal humans back home, he might very well kill them. But he didn’t know what the baseline was in this world. They could all be substantially stronger, making this a major threat.

He eventually came to the decision to just try to talk. “Hang on!” he called out, stepping away from them defensively. “I’m no demon. Just a human!” he continued, hoping they’d listen. Just as a preemptive measure, he switched over to the lightning element.

The people all gasped in horror as this sudden change. What kind of wizard could transmute their armor so quickly and easily? The people all looked terrified and the small fox girl fell to her knees as the sheer horror on her face said it all. She was going to become skeleton fodder. She would never be able to show p her sisters. Have a littler of her own. Or even a kiss.. she was not going to allow this jerk to stop her! Lisha stepped forward and got into a fighting stance and glared directly at Kirby. She wad going to go fight him. His HUD warned him of an impending boss battle. The boss battle had one star next to it.

"I won't allow this to happen, I have to defeat you and get my magatama!" Her tails all stiffened out in attention as her eyes sharped like a hunter tracking their prey. Her nails stood out as she picked up two daggers from the sides of her legs.

Boss battle? Was she that much stronger than the skeletons? That didn’t bode well for him. Whatever it was, he needed to be careful. “Everyone, get back!” he ordered, assuming his fighting position. He’d really rather not kill her, but he might not be able to avoid it. His hope was to use low powered lightning to stun her. But he may have to adapt to whatever happened.

Kirby prepared himself for an attack. His plan was to avoid her first attack and hit her with a fist of lightning. And if that didn’t work, he’d figure something out.

As they prepared themselves Lisha dashed forward. She was fast he didn't even see her? Where did she go? All of the people looked around as they wondered where the young fox girl could have gone. Kirby needed to be careful, maybe she was trying to trick him into a false sense of security? This tension made Kirby's heart go 100 miles a minute. He felt his heart put blood through his ears, his mouth went dry. Maybe there was some way he could try to find her and get the upper hand?

Kirby couldn’t see her, but he had an idea. If she was moving, the air would move with her. And thus, he activated Wind Vision. If he could see her movements, he could have a better chance of hitting her. At least, that was the hope.

He was able to focus his vision, the rest of the wind trails were slow but one was extremely fast... almost too fast! She was already gone by over 40 miles. Just how did she over shoot a 20 foot distance by that much?

"Ahh ahh... there she goes again, without her magatama she is essentially useless." One of the villagers exclaimed.

"So do we die? Try to fight him or swear allegiance?" Someone else suggested.

"What if we swear allegiance and then betray him?" Another person added. The villagers all decided to openly plot her plans. It seems that this village was far more used to Lisha messing up than expected.

"I mean, if he was so bad he could have just summoned skeletons. No doubt Lisha was just acting stupid." And with that the crowd dispersed and Kirby was left again without any help.

Last edited:
And then it was over. Kirby looked around dumbfounded as he tried to figure out what had just happened. Whatever it was, he was grateful he didn’t have to fight the citizens or that crazy fox girl. When he was sure the danger had passed, he dismissed his armor. While it was light and comfortable, it didn’t breathe.

Now alone in the village in his casual clothes of khakis and a tight black T-shirt, he started to walk through the village, looking out for anyone who may be able to help him. Or just someone who was friendly enough to talk to.

Kirby powered down and revealed his normal form and he felt the tension suddenly lift itself from the area. The people now seemed totally calm about him.

"Oh, he is an item user. That's rare around here. Most of us here are casters." One of the random dwarfs explained. "But I have never seen one quite like your self. But I guess welcome too-"

A bone spear shot right through his eye and he fell in a heap. In the situation with Lisha, Kirby didn't notice that his boss ticker was still on. And now another star was added. Kirby still was unable to transform yet as more bone spears shot through and began to massacre the towns folk. The people once again run away in fear but this time it was much more serious. Kirby noticed that this town had no guardsmen, no walls or much of anything. This town was entirely defenseless.

"We like this little town. We will have it." A woman comes out from the forest and stares at the town with an empty glare. She is wearing a smooth, silken black dress that grips onto her sexual curves like a glove. There was a long slit across one side of her dress that gave Kirby a look at her curvaceous body. Her breasts were barely able to be contained by the dress, with every step her body swung like an old grandfather clock and her breasts almost escaped every single time. Yet, her skin was an unnatural, deathly pallor. As if blood no longer ran through her corpse. The only colors she sported besides her murderous red eyes ,which seemed to have some haunting detail, was her orange hair. Which, despite her skin looking dead, had all the luster of life.

"Lisha made this way to easy for We. We will use your body and We will defeat the Queen!" An army of skeletons and zombies now emerged from the forest to attack the village and Kirby could only stare as his cool down bar continued to fill.

Back
Top Bottom