Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

NightStalker73au and Nadie

"Yeah" Katie said as she smiled at him and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge "Is everyone gone?" she asked as she walked over to him.

Roscoe smiled into her eyes and nodded as he sat back a little at the table, taking the coat from the back of his chair and offering it to her.

"Yes they have all gone and no they did not ask about you, i am sure someone will call later tonight"

Katie accepted the jacket since she was feeling cold but didn't feel like going to get dressed. "Ok. Ummm...you got anything sweet to eat around here?" she asked

Roscoe grinned at her words, standing up he took down one of the small ice cream buckets and placed it down on the table along with a spoon.

"Katie eat what you want too, i will be back shortly"

Katie smiled widely at the sight of the ice cream "Ok. See you later" she said as she started on the ice cream.

Roscoe had vaguely heard a noise towards the back right hand side of the property, leaving the kitchen he took his shotgun from its position on the rack just behind the front door. His army days served him well as did the bushes near that side of the house. Eyes soon noticing the fox as it tried its best to get closer to a small water spot, one shot is all it would take for him. Retreating to another side of it he threw down a steak left over from their food and watched the fox quickly devour it. No harm could be done by it so heading back inside he locked the front door and put the shotgun away.

Katie hummed to herself as she ate the ice cream then went back to the room to grab her cell phone. She was walking back to the kitchen as she check her messages. She had over a dozen from Kyle within the hour. She just scoffed as she sat back down at the table.

Roscoe heard her noises and smiled as he entered the kitchen, putting the kettle back on to make himself another coffee before reaching into the fridge and taking out the milk. Leaving it out he turned to look in her direction as he spoke.

"Nothing wrong i hope"

"He's left me over a dozen messages in the past hour" Katie said, feeling irritated and slightly fearful. As if on cue her cell rang. She jumped up and looked at the caller ID" I-It's him" she said as she looked at the phone, too scared to answer it.

Roscoe smiled into her eyes, walking casually across to the table and taking the phone from her. Softly kissing her forehead he left the room and answered the call.

"Hello there, no Katie is not available and you are best advised to not contact her again"

Katie just watch Roscoe take the phone and leave.

"And who the fuck is this?" the voice on the other end said "She my girlfriend and I can do what ever I want. Put Katie on the phone now" he commanded.

Roscoe heard the words and laughed.

"You might be best advised to follow my advice, i know who you are and if you call once more tonight i will personally put a shotgun up your ass and pull the trigger"

The line grew silent after Roscoe's threat. Katie was clenching his jacket as she sat at the table, wondering if he'll track her down like last time.

There where sounds of someone fumbling with the phone then silence as Kyle quickly hung up the phone. Katie walked up behind Roscoe to see how it was going.

Roscoe waited before he heard the click, turning off her phone and closing it back up he smiled as he turned. Lightly drawing her body closer to his he spoke.

"Do not believe he will bother you again, you are safe here"

Katie smiled and blushed slightly as she felt Roscoe bring her closer. She slowly wrapped her arms around him. "Ok...but if it's ok with you...can I sleep in you bed tonight?"

Roscoe felt her arms wrap around his body and scooping her up easily with one arm to start with then another he softly kissed her cheek as he spoke.

"Of course you can do that"

Katie yelped and held Roscoe by the neck as he lifted her up "Thanks unc" she giggled then returned the kiss.

Roscoe smiled into her eyes before putting her back down, his words softly spoken as he moved across to finish making his coffee.

"There is a television and cable available in my room if you want to watch it"

"Ok thanks" Katie said then walked off to Roscoe's room. She took off the jacket he gave her earlier and got comfortable in the bed before turning on the tv and started channel surfing.

Roscoe smiled as he watched her leave. Today had started out drab but finished with his family happy as he took his coffee with him. Checking from room to room before stopping in at the small den towards the back of it he glanced at his carvings and picked up one of them. An eagle he had done only two weeks ago, tomorrow he wanted to try doing her if she would let him. Taking a few sips of his coffee he sighed a little and made sure the back door was fully bolted.

Katie was laying on her side and curled up under the sheets as she watched the tv. Her uncle's bed where so soft as if she was laying on a cloud. She closed her eyes slightly then opened them again and turned her attention back to the tv.

Roscoe walked down the small corridor before entering his room and noticed how she was laying. He knew just how comfortable his bed was and after the army years of barely sleeping he got good sleep now. Taking a seat on his side of the bed he removed his boots before taking a sip of his coffee.

Back
Top Bottom