Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Red as the rose [RedRose and Lord David]

Rose sleeps peacefully through everything and ends up dreaming about their future children. One a redhead girl like her and the other a small baby boy. She doesn't wake up until around 12:30 in the afternoon. Rubbing her eyes as she walks into the room wearing a nightgown she yawns. Her nose is red and her cheeks pink. She coughs a bit. "Babe....can you check my temperature I think I'm sick"

Lan turned to Rose, walked to her, and placed his arm on her forehead. After a moment, he said, “Oh... I believe you are... Morning Sickness. Gimme a moment...”

He hurried over to the corner of the room and retrieved a small pouch of hard, candy-like pills, almost cough drops, and gave it to her.

“Just be sure not to take them back to back, or it could worsen the symptoms instead of suppressing them.”

“Of course, Rose. Why wouldn’t I?” He traversed the room to the stove, and asked, “Say, what’s your name and your purpose, boy?”

He began Standing At Attention when he heard the question, and answered as if he’d heard the question a million times: “Chrysoprase, Sir, But you can call me Chris. I was created both as a second Guardian and as a companion to your original Guardian, Agate.”

“A companion, eh? And what does that entail, exactly?” Chris just stood there as Lan spoke. “And please, At Ease. Yeesh, that’s beginning to make me uncomfortable.” The new crystalline humanoid immediately relaxed, as Lan finished. “Now, the way I see it, you were meant to give her what she’s been needing for a bit now. A partner in Binding.”

Chris listened to Booyah, and replied in an eager voice, "W-well, yes, Sir, so do I. In fact, I had already pointed out that I was to be her companion, I believe." "Oh... So you did. I see... Well, forgive me if I'm a bit protective of her. It seems as if I were her adopted Father, to an extent."

Chris tilted his head as he watched Lan intently preparing the meal, seemingly without a second thought as to what he was putting into the pot. In truth, Lan almost never knew every ingredient he put into the dishes he made, but that was the fun he found in it; an adventure one can have without leaving one's house.

"Say, Rose, are you still fine over there?" He called to her, wondering if there was something the matter.

{There has been with me; a terrible sickness, so please forgive my long reply time}

"I'm doing okay love. I'm just listening to you two talk. If you want my opinion why don't you go find agate she left earlier this morning to check the borders of my territory" she says as she remembers feeling agate leave the house to do rounds

“I think you mean our territory?” Mentioned Lan, reminding her that he was as much of a Wolf as she was now, and had marked their territory himself, alternating her scent with his on the trees. There was no mistake to any passers-by that could detect the markings that a pair lived there, bound and in harmony.

Lan then continued Chris’ lecture, saying, “Anywho, yeah, she’s out there. I suggest you go find her. I’m almost done here anyway, and you look eager to meet her.”

“Yes, Sir! I’ll leave to meet her right away!” Replied Chris, jumping out the window and running off to find the rock-child Agate.

Rose giggles. "Lets hope agate doesn't get into the supplies again now that she's got him." She says but starts to gets sick. She grabs the bucket and throws up everything from dinner the night before. "Lan.." She groans

Lan chuckled at Rose's comment. "Now that she has a boy toy, she's probably even more likely to get into the stock-" He then noticed Rose vomiting and rushed over. "Rose? You sure you feel okay?" He gave a bit of a smirk, and asked, "Or is my cooking just that bad? I mean, I suspected, but- Nevermind..."

He darted to a cabinet and took out a small jar, dosing out a bit onto a small piece of soft wool. He came back to Rose and said, "Okay, suck on this for a bit, but don't swallow it. When the flavor turns a bit bitter, count to five and spit it into the bucket. It should suppress the symptoms, at least temporarily. I'll be honest, though, I'm not sure how well it'll work with this kind of situation. The suppression seems to vary in other Polymorphs, from five minutes to the entirety of the Morning Sickness period. Let's hope, with us, the latter is true."

He began gathering other ingredients, and set a pot on the stove to boil. He was intent on making a different version, one that was more potent, and not made with a poisonous root with nausea-curing properties, which was why it was bitter. (A lot of poisons, like Bleach and Lye, are extremely bitter)

Rose does as told and leaves her food untouched. "Lan.....i think we need to seek guidance from my old packs elders. Call for Ari" she groans

Lan topped immediately, setting down what was in his arms, and said, "Absolutely, my Rose. A-" Arinado appeared before Lan even began speaking, and replied,

"You called, Lan? Something wrong wit' Rose here?" Lan, puzzled, replied, "She wants the Guidance from the Elders. Her old Pack's Elders." Ari scratched his head and nodded. "I see... The Arcane Tribunal. A tall order, to be sure, but I'll try my best. You can be sure o' dat. I'll search until Sundown tomorrow. If I'm back before then, I found 'em. If not, I might not have seen or even heard from 'em. My condolences if that happens..."

Ari vanished yet again, without a trace. "Well, hon, Ari's on his way." He knelt at her bed and stroked her hair gently, as he usually did, being careful not to pull it or tangle it. He cautiously kissed her forehead and smiled wider. "Everything's gonna be okay..."

Rose smiles and looks lovingly at you. "What are you hoping for my love a boy or girl" she asks softly as she closed her eyes and leans into your touch

"Hoping for, Rose? If I were to hope our child were one thing, and they turned out to be another, already they wouldn't be living up to my expectations of them. That's something I'd never want to put our child through, no matter the circumstances. Best to find out when they arrive, I think."

Lan hoped that Rose would understand his reasons, and that he wasn't berating her for any hopes she had. "What about you? You have any hopes for our child?"

Lan watched Rose sleep for a moment, then went back to the herbs and such he had set down. He was still determined to create a better painkiller, just in case, and he figured that he might as well, since it was somewhat of a quiet process, and the pair might as well have the option just in case.

He also gathered some things to make what he theorized to be a vomit suppression medicine. Just for the heck of it. Besides, he hadn't created a new product in a while. He'd just been too busy lately.

Lan looked over at Rose as she got up and said, "Ah, finally returned to the realm of the living, eh?” His tone was neither serious nor mocking, just a bit playful. “Well, in any case, there’s somebody here that wants to meet you.” Our stepped a bearded figure, slim and tall, with ears and a tail much like Rose’s and Lan’s. “Hasn’t said a word yet. I think he just wants to hear what you have to say.” The figure nodded, as if in agreement.

"Nice to meet you but if you haven't noticed by my scent I'm pregnant and since I don't know anything about how our kind deal with the pregnancy I'd like some wisdom from the elders since they are the wisest on this subject" she says but soon starts to feel sick and grabs the bucket and throws up.

The bearded Polymorph stepped forward, knelt down to Rose's side, and spoke. "Indeed. I have smelled this scent before. Many times before. Each time, I have gained more and more insight into the subject. However, this case is a bit... unique in nature, it seems. Lan?" Startled at hearing his own name, Lan replied, "Y-yes, Sir?" "No need to be frightened, I just wish to know your previous species." "Human, Sir." "Edmund. Please, call me Edmund. Now... A Human... I have never seen a case where a human male has undergone a Binding Ceremony. Well, not one that lived, anyway. I have seen one of our males choose and bind with a female, but she was infertile. Wether that was the result of a pre-existing condition or not, we will never know.

"I will have to monitor this situation before I come to any conclusions. I will say that this much vomiting is normal. It will pass in a few days, so persist through it. Maybe take some herbs or a syrup to soothe any discomfort. Be wary if pain begins to set in, however. Do you have any other questions for me, Rose?" Edmund gave a small nod, as if to communicate that he were finished.

The Elder gave a slight nod, then said, “To an extent. This early in it’s rare, and might caude minor birth defects in the infants if you stay too long without shifting, mostly more wolf-like children. You may shift and stay, but you should likely shift back for about a day every two or three weeks.”

He smiled, though some might have a hard time noticing, due to his thick beard, and turned to Lan. “Your job as both a husband and a future father is to keep Rose... grounded. If you remember when you first met, Rosie may try again to resurface in the coming months, especially with the extended periods of being in Wolf form. Keep her safe. As she has protected you, protect her. With your life, if needed; the survival of her- of our Tribe depends on you.”

He walked to the door, turned, have a wink, and turned into a silver and black Wolf, disappearing into the fading light of evening, darkening into Twilight.

Rose sighs in relief once more. "Well for right now I'm going to stay in my human form for a few more days but tell agate and her new friend that one of them is to guard the outermost boundary and the other is to guard the inner boundaries" she says as she goes to stand

“Agate and I already know, thank you.” Said Chris, who had been listening from the window. He ran off to tell his new partner in binding their orders, and Lan said, “Well, those two work fast, don’t they?”

He turned to see Rose getting up and rushed over. “Hey, now...” He said, “you sure you’re ready for this? Just a second ago you were throwing up a storm, and now you’re gonna try to walk around?... Well, as long as you’re sure you can.” He releases her and stepped away, still ready to swoop in at a moment’s notice.

Back
Top Bottom