Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Favorite TV Show?

The Venture Bros, without a shadow of a doubt. The show is fucking amazing in every way.

I could mention a ton of programs nobody''s heard of, so I'll refrain from that.

But the one (American) TV program I love watching is Catfish. Yeah, that MTV-show. And it never ceases to amaze me how stupid people are to talk for years upon end to someone in the same country and not know who they are. You'd really think, by now, after everyone watching it, that if some person is talking to you, chatting you up, you'd move onto video and if that doesn''t happen, you'd end it? Right?

Scrubs! Which I cannot believe is almost 20 years old. Also Burn Notice and the first season of True Detective.

This isn't even difficult:
(Fictional)
Luther
Scrubs
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Line of Duty
The Killing (original in Danish with subs, not the bad Netflix attempt)
The Bridge (subtitled)
Peep Show
I.T Crowd (the nerd inside feels this the most)
The Good Place
The Office (UK & US, I don't discriminate)
Red Dwarf

(Docu-series)
Hospital (BBC)
Ambulance (BBC)
Louis Theroux (just anything with this man makes me happy)
F1 Drive to Survive (I'm sadly a huge F1 fan)

Fargo
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Snowfall (recent find - brilliant!)
The Wire
I had the intention of writing a long list but there’s far too many!!

House M.D. & BBC's Sherlock are probably my favorites of all time, but I'm currently watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine and it's been freaking great.

To add more to my post yesterday;

Currently watching Stacey Dooley doc’s which cover all aspects and perspectives on life. No RP episode yet though... Anyone know of any tv shows that explore this?

A few more greats are;
Prison Break
Modern Family
Dexter
Peep Show - recently discovered this, simple and great!

All time greats:
Greys Anatomy
This is us

I don't watch TV much, and I have interest in a lot of shows besides the ones listed, but these are the only shows I have watched through and enjoyed thoroughly.
  • Steven Universe
  • Stranger Things
  • One Punch Man

I really struggle to define favourite/s, there's so many I like. So many that have disappointed as they've gone on (I'm looking at you IASIP). But... Star Trek is a permanent favourite, despite some dips. Doom Patrol blew me away. Friday Night Dinner is my currently broadcast favourite, despite the current series dipping a bit.

For me I have a serious hard-on for Cop-Dramas. Not only do the plot elements catch my fancy, but they are gold-mine of characters and settings that can be used in Roleplaying:

CSI (NY & Miami)
The Blacklist
Law & Order: SVU
The Shield
Criminal Minds
Blue Bloods
Shades of Blue
The Mentalist
True Detective

There's also a smattering of Sci-Fi/Fantasy:

Person of Interest
Xena: Warrior Princess
Hercules: The Legendary Journey's
Dark

Psychological thrillers like Hannibal (perhaps my all-time favorite this one)

Comedies (mostly UK): Yes Minister, Prime-Minister, Jeeves n Wooster, FRIENDS, Seinfeld, Boston Legal

Detective shows: Sherlock, Agatha Christie's Poirot...

I think I can keep going, so I'm gonna stop now. Lol

Oh, there are lots of shows that I love and I probably already forgot most of them. But one that I really like right now is Greenleaf. It's about an American family that's running a black megachurch. It's not something I really know, but there just is so much amazing drama in it!

I'm really, really behind on my viewing of my watch list. Currently, my favorite watching, which I'm doing incrementally since it's a short season, is Taboo. I love the feel of this show and can't wait for the season 2.

My favorite of more recent shows though would be Hannibal. I'm mildly obsessed with the series.

Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones
Right now enjoying Mindhunter and Sex Education

Live Action its Burn Notice or Ash vs. The Evil Dead. As for animation that one is harder. Right now Im really into the remake of DuckTales and Infinity Train.

Vikings is a strong contender, but I'm currently watching Reign which is also quite good.

Back
Top Bottom