Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Onyx Landing OOC

Xanaphia

Union Smut Peddler
9DCBOo4.png

Interest Check | Character Thread | Game Thread

Current Players:
Have posted to the game thread at least once, and have been active in the last week. This includes being active in the OOC thread.

Xanaphia
Victoria Freeman- Brothel Owner, part time prostitute.
Xia Song- Prostitute and Gambler

TheCorsair
Cassandra Turner- Muscle for the Dusky Belle
Tom Cavendish- Cowboy. Hopeful prospector

Shiva the Cat
Jules Barrow- Newspaper Editor/Press Operator/Typesetter
Jess Barrow- Newspaper Reporter/Editor

Kilted Pervert
Jeb Morsey- Gunsmith/Soldier/Trapper

Praxis
Missy Huntington- Claims Hunter / Railroad Heiress
Clint- Huntington Family Associate

WaveVelour
Grace Ravigne- Emptying men’s pockets

HannibalBarca
Elias Horne- Rancher, occult expert and researcher, adventurer, and man of leisure

Last edited:
My alerts for the story thread weren't working again! :( I have an insane work week this week, so don't feel like you have to wait for me, though I'll try to get something posted if I can find an hour to sit down and craft a reply

Sorry yall - I had an unexpectedly crazy weekend. Lost my wallet and had the joys of dealing with that :/ I travel for work again this week, but things should settle down after that. Feel free to move on without me and I'll jump back in once my schedule is a bit calmer.

Question, ill make a post.

Now the madame kicked everyone out but I kind of want my character to start out in one of the rooms. Hes a frequent customer. Would that include him that he needs to rush out?

Might have him stagger out drunk if thats the case.

Apologies ive beent trying to write something out but work picked up and Ive had something to do in the evenings for some days now. Apologies.

Apologies ive beent trying to write something out but work picked up and Ive had something to do in the evenings for some days now. Apologies.
Your post was great; worth waiting for.

I transistioned us to the next day, To give the newest players an in to introduce their characters and get into town. Any suggestions for a first event for us to get involved in? Maybe something more on the normal side, like a train or bank robbery?

Are the robbers just stealing money? Or a Mysterious ObjectTM​?

I'm always a fan of MacGuffins and Deus ex Machinae to drive the plot, but that's just me throwing ideas out there.

Are the robbers just stealing money? Or a Mysterious ObjectTM​?

I'm always a fan of MacGuffins and Deus ex Machinae to drive the plot, but that's just me throwing ideas out there.
I was thinking just money this time. But, perhaps as the mine start bringing up a new, strange ore, that will be targeted.

Bounty hunters chasing a fugitive is always a good kickstarter.

A little cliche but a reasonably common occurrence was kidnappings by native American tribes.

I know Cassie has some people after her. Jeb might have a bounty on his head too, huh?

Oh, gosh...

I just have so many questions. Are you still recruiting? I have (and still am) reading through the initial conceptualization and relevant chatter so I don't come off as an absolute bore...

I consider myself something of a "character actor" as far as roleplaying goes. Any needs?

Oh, gosh...

I just have so many questions. Are you still recruiting? I have (and still am) reading through the initial conceptualization and relevant chatter so I don't come off as an absolute bore...

I consider myself something of a "character actor" as far as roleplaying goes. Any needs?
New characters can join at any time, because Onyx Landing is near the railroad tracks, and there is always a new train coming through to bring more people in. At least until we reach 8 active players, at which case I might close or limit recruitment.

I don't know that we have any needs, character wise, but let me list everyone and the roles/ professions, so that could help you decide what sort of character you want to create. And let me give a quick bravo to everyone for creating some well developed and three dimensional characters! They all seem interesting, and I am excited to see them all interact with one another.

Me:
Victoria Freeman- Brothel Owner, part time prostitute.
Xia Song- Prostitute and Gambler

TheCorsair
Cassandra Turner- Muscle for the Dusky Belle
Tom Cavandish- Cowboy. Hopeful prospector

Dr. Pox
Jacob Foster- Preacher

Shiva the Cat
Jules Barrow- Newspaper Editor/Press Operator/Typesetter
Jess Barrow- Newspaper Reporter/Editor

Kilted Pervert
Jeb Morsey- Gunsmith/Soldier/Trapper

Oooooh, this is exciting! Ok, lemme see here. As I've been reading through what exists to date, my mind is going to an Entrepreneur looking to sweep up and liquidate what's left of the mine and it's town. Unaware, obviously, of any rare or heretofore unknown materials within.

Plucking ideas, I'm drawn to a pair of characters. A woman and her ...well, let's call him her Valet.

Am I allowed to play antagonistically? I'll start working character sheets and post when I am able. If that works for everyone.

And of course, thank you for indulging my fascination. I've adored the idea of a dynamic group roleplay for a while now ^.^

Back
Top Bottom