Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

"I don't care how you feel about it. You aren't going alone. I'll stay by the door. Or take John."

She jumped when he threw the water bottle and looked at him in shock. She held Owen closer to her body. She looked down when he compared her family to his. "My family isn't perfect either Jake. Your demons came from inside of your family and mine came from a family friend. It doesn't matter in the end. We can't change. We have to grow from it. You aren't going back there." She tried to keep her voice even and soft. She didn't want him to explode.

When he got up, she let him go and closed her eyes when he did explode in the kitchen. She shook her head and stood up with Owen. She didn't want him around that. She looked at Luke, "Go get him. Take him to the gym or for a run. Get him out if this house." She took Owen upstairs and played with him in the bed room.

Jake hesitated for a moment when she said her demons came from a family friend. He was too upset to entirely comprehend everything.

Once outside he tried calm down. A few minutes later Luke came out, "Dude...let's go run or work out."

Jake shook his head. "Get away from me. I don't want to be around anyone."

"Jake..." "Luke...go be with my sister." Luke looked at him and hesitated but went back inside. Jake let out another side and took off for a hike. He got a ways away from the cabin and just let out a huge scream. He grabbed sticks, rocks, whatever he could find and just started throwing as far as he could to let some steam out. While Jake was gone, John cleaned up the mess and looked at the wall. He knew they'd have to pay for it, but John figured Jake could care less. He still wondered what had happened.

Jake was gone for a couple hours before he came back, finally a bit cooled off. He saw John and walked by an stopped a moment. "I'm sorry Pop...just give me some time and I'll explain more..." John just gave him a nod, "You probably should go check on your family son."

Jake went up to the bedroom and gave the door a small knock before going in.

Adri heard Luke come up the stairs and she shook her head. So Jake left alone to do God knows what in the woods. She kept playing with Owen to keep the baby distracted from what was going on outside of the room.

Owen got grumpy so she took him downstairs to get him food and a spoon. after he ate she tried to rock him to sleep but he was proving to be difficult to go down. Everytime she got him close to sleep he fought it and woke back up. She had half a mind to let him play until he fell asleep himself. She knew if she did that, he would just keep fighting his sleep and he'd be off of his schedule.

She almost got him down. She stopped rocking and kept patting his back. She could feel him relaxing in her arms. So close and then the knock came and he was awake again. She sighed, "Yes?" She said softly and looked down at Owen, "Please go to sleep." She told him. She knew it had to be weird this morning to wake up in a weird place but he had to know that he was safe and with them.

Jake walked in the room and saw she was trying to get Owen down. "I'm sorry." He said softly. "Want me to take over?

He went in and sat on the bed looking at Adri. It was one of those moments where the silence was killing him, but he didn't want to talk and keep Owen awake. It was clear Jake was calmed down and held his hands out for Owen.

Jake took Owen and paced around the room bouncing him around. "It's okay big guy...." Jake said softly and kept walking with Owen and swayed and bounced until the munchkin started to get sleepy and close his eyes against Jake's shoulder. His hand rubbed his back and he talked to him telling him it was okay and that they'd be right there when he woke up. Eventually Owen drifted to sleep and Jake kept him for a little longer to make sure he was completely asleep before laying him down in the pack and play.

Jake turned to Adri, "Can we talk?" He asked quietly.

She tried a little bit longer. She knew Jake wouldn't hurt him and she was getting tired of doing the rocking motion. She handed Owen over to Jake so he could try. She picked up the baby food and spoon so she remembered to wash it.

She took the jar downstairs and washed it after watching Jake and Owen for a little while. She got herself a drink of water and then went back upstairs just in case Jake needed her help. She checked in on Amy and Luke and they were fine. Amy was still shaken up but she was getting better.

Adri walked into their room quietly and smiled at the sleeping baby in the pack and play. She looked at Jake and nodded her head. She pointed the door that lead to a balcony connected to their room and she walked outside. She sat down in one of the rocking chairs and looked at the beautiful view.

Jake followed her outside and sat down on a chair. He didn't look at the view, instead he looked down. He was ashamed with how he had acted. "Please tell me you aren't leaving me." He looked at her. "I'm sorry for snapping like that. That asshole just...just knows how to get to me. How to push my buttons." He let out a sigh. "I know that I probably shouldn't let him have that control but it's hard."

He looked at her. "I understand why you don't want me to go see him again. But you said this was about me and I need him to know some things. It probably won't make a difference but I still need to say it. For me. If you insist on going with me you can come. But it probably won't be pretty."

"Earlier you mentioned demons..." He looked at her with pain already in his eyes. "Are you saying...? If you are...I'm sorry. I didn't know. I shouldn't have said the things I did."

"It doesn't meter why you did it. The problem is you did it and Owen was in the room. You threw a bottle, broke a chair and punched the wall with our son in the room. He's a baby now. He won't remember that but if you do it when he's older and he tries to replicate it you won't like what I do next. That's not okay, Jake. At all."

She rubbed her lips together, "If you go, I'm going with you. I'm not letting you go alone. You aren't going to hear whatever he has to say alone."

She shook her head when he brought up what she said. "Forget I said that." He shouldn't know. No one knew. She tried to tell once and the person didn't believe her.

Jake knew she was right. Completely right. "It won't happen again. I would never hurt him or you. I won't let myself get that angry again." He sighed and shook his head. "I'm sorry. He won't grow up seeing that. I won't let it happen. I won't let him grow up seeing the things I did."

He nodded. "Alright. You can come too." If he would get upset again, she'd be the one who could calm him down.

Jake grabbed Adri's hand and kissed it. "I don't want to forget you said it. I have demons too...obviously you know that now. And if you want to talk about yours, I'm here. I won't judge or feel differently. I would be a hypocrite if I did." He let out a sigh. He wondered if he should talk about what happened with him. "I didn't mean to down play anything. It just...it was hard knowing he hurt Amy and I didn't protect her. I could fight back and fight him off...she couldn't." He said softly and stared at the floor of the balcony. "It's the worst feeling not being able to help her. I left. And I left her behind." Tears welled up in his eyes. "I should have brought her with me."

"We have her now. At least she didn't have to go home and listen to Eileen bitch at her today. You couldn't save her then but you are right now. You're a good big brother. You did everything you could for her. That's all she could ask of you." Adri told him and gave his hand a squeeze.

She looked at his hand and saw how red it was from where he lunch the wall but it didn't look too bad. She wondered how many walls he punched growing up. "You're lucky you didn't hit a support beam." She to,d him and kissed his hand. She looked at the room and then at Jake.

"It doesn't matter what type of family you come from. My family looks perfect from the outside but it's not Jake. No ones is. You are stuck with the hand you are dealt and you work with it. You beat the game. You and Amy both. You could have been a horrible, horrible character but you are a nice guy you're a little rough around the edges but everyone is. I love you and the man you are."

Adri was right. He couldn't help it back then but he's helping her now. He is giving her a better life. Not one with money that she could buy anything she wanted but one away from Eddy. "I'm so pissed at my mother. If...and it is a huge if...we let her see Owen. I never want her alone with him. Not now, not when he's older. It's my job to protect him."

"Coming from the girl who just punched someone a week ago." He teased a little with a small smile. "I'm okay babe..."

Jake listened to her and pulled her up into his lap. His arms went around her and he kissed her shoulder. "You mean that? You don't think I'm a bad guy?" He looked in her eyes. "This is kinda what I meant before when I wanted a good vs evil tattoo. I can be this guy I know I should be. A good guy. But then I'm around him and he just brings the fucking worst out in me...Where I almost want to stoop to his level." He looked down and rubbed Adri's side. "I wanted to kill him today. And I don't even feel guilty about it. That's not thoughts of a good person Adge..."

"That was a person, not a plaster wall. You could have broken your hand. Then you have been even more upset because you;d have to forfeit your fight."

"Of course I don't think you're a bad guy." She said softly. "Would I be with you if you were a bad guy?" She asked him and shook her head, "No, is the answer. I wouldn't be with you." She rubbed his cheek and pressed her forehead against him. "We can be screwed up together as long as the world can't see through our cracks." She said softly.

"I think he is the one person you are not allowed to be good to. He has done everything in his power to hurt you, Boo. You shouldn't be good to him. The last thing I want is for you to be good to him. But you are, you paid or his hospital bills for this long. A bad person doesn't do that. You're so much better than he deserves."

Adri was right about what would have happened if he would have broken his hand. "I would have probably tried to still fight." And with how stubborn he was, he would have.

He gave her lips a soft kiss. "Even then I think it's okay. If we get through it together. We'll be strong for each other. When I can't you will. And when you can't I will." They honestly were perfect together.

"I'm done being nice to him. I'm going to say my piece with it and be done. I got here not because of him...and I'm going to not be nice about things." He rubbed her leg and kissed her. "Thanks for being here baby. I'm sorry you had to listen to any of it."

While Jake talked to Adri, Eddy was making a few bucks by running his mouth to a media magazine. He explained that Jake tried to kill him by cutting his chest. And that he had anger issues and he was concerned for Owen's safety. Eddy voiced how dangerous Jake was.

"And I would have stopped you in a heart beat." She smiled and liked his plan. They would be strong for each other.

"Thats what I am here for and that's what I agreed to when I agreed to marry you. Good times and bad, Jake. Always." She kissed him again and rubbed his cheek. "I love you so much." She told him and stood up. "Amy and Luke said they want to talk to us. If you're ready, I think we should go see what they have to say."

She went into the bedroom and checked on Owen. She turned on the monitor and went downstairs. John and Luke were there but Amy was upstairs. Adri went to go get her and then they came back down. Adri and Jake sat next to each other with Luke and Amy on the love seat and John on a chair.

Amy and Luke looked at each other and then looked at Jake, "So today was a big step for us as a couple." Amy said softly and looked at the ground. "Adri was right. Luke loves me and I know he wouldn't do anything to hurt me. He heals and protects me like no else would take the time to do." She looked at Adri and Adri felt it coming.

"I already talked to John and I realize I should talk to you Jake. It is very sudden but when you know, you know."

Amy nodded her head, "And we know. So we're getting married."

Adri smiled. She was very happy for them. "That's great guys." She gave them both a hug and kiss. "And don't worry. We don't want anything to rival your wedding. We just want to fly Luke's dad out, and have you guys meet us at the courthouse. The sooner the better." She smiled at alums and gave him a kiss.

Everyone kind of looked at Jake nervously at how he would take it. On one hand he was getting Luke as a brother on the other hand, his sister was becoming a Mrs. it had to be hard for him as a big brother.

Adri rubbed his thigh, "Now you know how my brothers feel." She teased.

Adri knew just wha to say to him to make him feel better. "I'm hoping once he's gone there's a lot more good than bad."

Jake wondered what Amy and Luke wanted to talk to them about. Then as they started to talk he had an idea. Part of him wished Luke said something to him about it, he was his best friend after all.

He looked down and took a deep breath before looking back at them. "You guys are sure? Really sure?" When they confirmed that they were he just nodded. "Are you guys getting married here or back in Vegas? I'm training...I can't do a bachelor party but Luke is getting one regardless." He smiled and stood up.

He gave Amy a hug. "You deserve to be happy." He then shook Luke's hand before giving him a man hug. "Welcome to this crazy ass family bro." Luke laughed and daid thank you. "If you hurt her...I will come after you."

"well if Luke is getting a bachelor, you're getting a bachelorette and I know a few places where we can go." Adri and Amy laughed. "We get a hotel on the strip, leave the boys at home and have a girls day at the spa or something and a ladies night at...well, I'll let you pick." She rubbed Jake's back and kissed his temple.

"I'm glad you guys are happy." Adri told them and gave them both a hug.

"We are getting married in Vegas. I was thinking of having Elvis do it but we think the courthouse is a little more official." Amy laughed. "We were thinking he first of the months which gives me no times to find a white dress or find rings but we will figure it out. We probably don't even need all that. I just need him." Amy said lovingly.

"You can always raid my closet or I can take you shopping." Adri told her with a smile.

He rolled his eyes but it was something the girls could easily do together. "Maybe wait until after my fight so I can legit party with you guys." Jake laughed.

Jake thought about what his sister was saying and he knew a bit of what she felt cause that was how he felt about Adri. He need a big wedding he just needed a wedding but he knew his sister and she would want something a little more romantic then the court house. "Aim...go with Adge to get a pretty dress. Whatever you want. She can take my card." He looked at Adri and gave her a playful look so she knew not to get too crazy with it. "But let me make some calls. I can have a pastor come and marry you guys. I know a pretty place out of the city that we can have a small family thing. That is if you're interested." Jake put his hand on Adri's leg.

Jake's phone started ringing in his pocket. Due to the ringtone he knew it was his agent. He almost didn't answer but he did. "Hello?" He listened and his face dropped. His eyes shifted to Adri as his jaw flexed. "Let me see your phone." Once she gave it to him he pulled a few things up and froze as he read what was on the screen. He shook his head and just got angrier. "I will have to call you back." He hung up and handed it to Adri trying to keep calm.

It was the article Eddy gave his interview to. The headline read "The Truth Into 'The Drifter's' Past" and under it "He is out of control!" It states how Jake tried to kill his stepfather resulting in the scar on his chest and few times he got in trouble when he was younger for fighting. The article made it seem like Jake was the animal always attacking and being disrespectful to Eddy and Eileen and how Jake has kept Owen from them for no reason.

Jakes leg started jack hammering and he was ready to explode.

"Of course I'm interested. That sounds wonderful. Thank you Jake. But I still want to get married soon. Maybe the weekend after your fight so we can all party together. Does that sound like a plan?" She smiled at Luke when he nodded his head.

"Plus, it's not just the dress. It the shoes, the make up, the hair, the flowers. I can do your make up and I will buy the shoes as a little sisterly present." Adri smiled. "Jake can buy all the rest." She patted his thigh and kissed his cheek. "I'm sure whatever we do it will bnot wonderful."

Adri unlocked her phone and handed it over. She and Amy were talking about what she would want in a dress. They were too wrap up to notice Jake's anger hi l Luke cleared his throat and looked at Jake. Adri looked over and frowned, "What's wrong?" She asked softly and looked at her phone.

She read it over, "Eddy is saying Jake tried to kill him. He has anger issues. And her fears for Owen's safety. What BS. No one is going to believe this. They can't." She handed her phone to Amy but it started to ring and she had to pick it up because now it was her agent calling.

"I'm fine...we are fine. He's not like that though. His step father planted the story. It's not true...not entirely. I'll call you back later." She hung up and set her phone down, "The story is picking up already. Someone has a picture of my hand when it bruised, they are saying I wasn't training at all. I was fighting you." She scratched the top of her head and rubbed her lips together.

"This is a shit storm already."

John was getting angry that Eddy hurt his children when they were younger, but to do it now, as grown adults was just flat out pissing him off. If he knew where the keys to the cars were, he'd take one and go straight to the hospital.

Jake just sat there fuming. He wasn't sure how he needed to attack this. "This is what everyone is going to see. This is what they are going to remember." He looked at Adri. If Layla wanted to take me to court for Owen, she could use this. Add me being a UFC fighter...I could lose him Adriana." His hands started to shake just thinking about it. That's what he feared most, losing Owen because of all of this. Not what people thought of him or what really happened.

He had to be careful what his strike back would be. If he told the truth, it would have to involve Amy and it wasn't his story to tell with what happened to her. That's why he had kept their business hidden for so long. He didn't want to embarrass her or put too much on her. "I'll just say he's lying." Amy looked at him and knew that wouldn't be good enough, "Jake, you need to tell them the truth."

Jake shook his head. "Amy they will dig and find out what really happened and you don't want that out there."

She looked down and let out a breath. "Maybe I do. Other women need to know they can and should say something. I'm tired of hiding from it. It's okay." He gave her a look to make sure she was sure and she gave him a nod. "I trust you will do it where it's respectful to me. However you need to say it, I'm okay with it." Jake just gave her a nod.

He really needed to figure out what to do. He looked at Adri and motioned outside to the deck before getting up and going outside and leaned on the railing. "What do you think we should do?"

Adri nodded her head and walked with him out back. She sighed and rubbed his back and kissed his shoulder. "I don't know." She said softly. It wasn't only Layla that could take Owen, it was CPS too. Without picking up the phone Eddy pretty much told them that he had anger issues and he was afraid for Owen's life. They would come knocking eventually. "We have to tell the truth. Someone has to tell the truth." She said softly.

She rubbed his back again again and leaned against the rail. "We need people on our side. To vouch for us..." They needed someone to tell the world that Jake wasn't the guy his stepfather was painting him to be.

"I need you to trust me." She said softly. "I'm going to take Owen for a drive. I'm go into make a few calls. Believe in me okay? I'm going to make this better. Okay?" She asked and kissed his cheek. "I love you."

Jake looked at her. "If we tell the truth then Amy's past is put out there and so is mine..." The world would know what his stepfather did to him. Any opponent could use that to get into his head. He was ashamed and embarrassed like Amy was. But if it meant keeping Owen with him, he'd do it. In a heart beat.

His face changed when she said she was taking Owen. He got a little worried. "Why are you taking Owen?" Fear set in a bit. It had been a crazy emotional day and he didn't know what she had planned. If someone came after Owen, he couldn't fight for him if he wasn't there. But Adri was like his mother and he needed to trust her. "You have to go right now?" He gave her a nod. "I love you too." He let out a sigh.

He had no idea what she was had planned. He started pacing the porch as he looked as his phone. The story was lighting up and trending. Rich commented on it and posted to his accounts, "I know Jake and Adri personally. Jake would never lay a finger on his son or Adri. Don't believe this crap for a minute. #JustABunchOfLies #StayStrongDaniels." He shot Rich a text thanking him. He sat down and ran a hand through his hair. He would be a nervous wreck until Adri got back with his son.

"Hey," She put her hands on cheeks and rubbed his hair back, "It's going to be okay." She placed a kiss on his lips and put her forehead against his. "I have to leave now. I love you. We will be back. I promise. I'm not going to let that disgusting man hurt you any more than he has. I'm going to fix this." She said softly.

She walked back in the house and went upstairs to grab Owen. She grabbed his diaper bag and took him out ot the car. She buckled him in and she drove down the mountain. Owen stayed asleep for the most part. He woke up a little bit but the car lulled him back to sleep. When she got to their destination, she unbuckled him and walked him to the front door. He was draped in a blanket to keep him warm against her. She knocked again and finally the door opened.

"This morning the very thought of you disgusted me. I wanted nothing to do with you ever again. But now your husband has ruined not just your kids lives, again, but your grandkid's life. You are the only person who can fix this. Tell them it's not true. Tell everyone it's not true. If not for Jake and Amy then for Owen. Do you understand what can happen to him? They can take him away. Please, Eddy has screwed up so much already. It just takes one call. I'll let you hold him, or watch him sleep. You can wake him up and play with him if you want. But please fix this Eileen."

Eileen looked Adri over before letting her inside. "And why should I? Especially after everything you said to me today?" She sat down and tried to get a look at Owen. "So what I get one afternoon with him to tell the truth? One afternoon with my grandson for Jake to just keep him from me again?" She shook her head. "It's not worth it."

"Maybe Eddy didn't entirely lie. He said Jake did try to kill him. Neither you or I were there so we really can't say what happened. And he does have an anger problem." She crossed her arms. "You don't know what I knew or didn't know. I didn't appreciate you attacking me today."

It seemed like Eileen wasn't budging. "And if I tell the truth what do you this going to happen to Eddy or myself? Eddy could get locked up. He's dying. That's not fair to him. And you want me to go to jail because I may have known something had happened?" She shook her head like she was crazy.

"Think about it Eileen. You do this for Jake and he might actually let you see him. Not alone but be around him. Come and visit him. If you have any love for Jake at all, you will do this for him. He needs you right now."

Adri blew out a breath and shook her head, "I don't know what I expected." She said softly. "You only think about yourself." She said softly and backed away. "Enjoy your life alone. Eddy is going to die and you won't have anybody here for you. I hope you enjoy giving everything up for him because he wouldn't think twice about throwing you under the bus."

She turned to walk away and a she did, Eileen would see the cute innocent face that would slightly remind of her Jake and a happier time when he was just a baby. She unlocked the car and buckled Owen in his car seat. He wasn't happy about being picked up and put down so much. She kissed his forehead and told him it would happen one more time.

She drove to some parking lot and sat in the car. She called TMZ and told them that UFC fighters had a negative stereptype around them and were constantly being called the bad guys with anger issues. She admitted that Jak had issues when he was younger, and that Jake admitted that, but as he matured he found healthy ways to release that anger. She did not know what happened when Eddy was stabbed but she did know that Eddy was not and is not the nicest guy to be around. And she was sure that if anyone did a background check on him, they would find that out for themselves. Eileen was invited to Vegas multiple times and she was the very reason they were here. Owen was old and healthy enough to travel so they were taking him down to meet grandma.

Eileen wasn't so sure that Jake would let her see Owen. She wasn't ready to jump on that just in case it would back fire in her face. "Don't start giving me a guilt trip with this, 'if I love my son' stuff. Honey, you've never been in my shoes, so don't act like you know me or what you'd do just because you are with my son. He only tells you what he wants you to know. And how much of that have you had to pull out of him?"

She let out a sigh as she watched her leave with Owen. Owen looked a bit like Jake and it did pull at her heart strings a bit. She shut the door and went inside.

TMZ would post her statement right away. Jake felt like he could throw up but felt grateful for all the people going to bat for him. Other fighters like Urijah and a few others he trained with, Justin and Jessica all posted their own comments similar to Rich's. Justin commented that their videos just a couple weeks ago should be proof that he wouldn't hurt Adri or Owen. He just hoped it was enough to keep CPS off of his doorstep. After all of this, he was going to see Eddy again and give him a piece of his mind.

As he sat and waited for Adri to get back he wondered if it would be better for her and her career if he broke up with her. He didn't want to drag her down. What was he thinking to think that a girl like Adri would want a guy like him? The thought though killed him. Dana could kick him out of his fight, CPS could take Owen and he could lose Adri. He was losing his mind the longer he sat thinking of what could happen.

After making her statement, Adri drove him feeling likesh E failed Jake. Eileen was the only one able to stop the madness Eddy created but it seemed like she was t going to budge on this Adri really hoped the threat of being completely alone was enough to spark so,e fear in her and get her to make a statement on Jake's behalf.

She got Owen out of the car seat and took him inside. It was pretty quiet all around so she slipped upstairs and set Owen in his pack and play so he could sleep the rest of the night. She was tired but she went out to see Jake and put her arms around him.

"I put out a statement. Tmz is going to release it soon. My agent said we should lawyer up. She him for slander and hope that makes him retract his statement but if we do that then you're going to have to tell the lawyer the entire truth. Even the things you haven't told me. He'd have to know everything." She said softly.

"Or we can stay out of the public eye which won't be easy for me since I start touring for the release of the Swimsuit issue. We need to create something for me to say when it comes up."

Back
Top Bottom