Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Criminal minds: a genius's terror (krystal x randomname)

Krystal looked up from her desk as a blonde haired woman walked in. She gave her a smile. "Its good to see you again, JJ. How are you feeling?" She asked with a smile, giving the shorter woman a hug as she came in. She hadn't seen her since before her marernity leave. The pretty blue haired woman had shadowed JJ beforehand to get a feel for her new job, though the heiress was the ideal choice as a media liason, having dealt with the press most of her life. JJ smiked at her friend. "Better. Though it's hard being away from Henry." She replied, Krystal simply nodding. She could understand despite not having any children of her own.

Garcia hugged JJ as she came in, happy to see the woman despite just having gotten a new case. This time, it was one reaident genius's hometown of Las Vegas calling them in. Young men in their late twenties had been showing up dead in alleyways, calculated stab wounds and strangulation marks in their necks. Hotch called everyone into the comference room, and all eyes stared at the pictures as they realized just what victimology showed. "They look like Spencer..." krystal breathed out, glacial blue eyes showing her concern, though her face remained stoic.

Garcia was next to speak. "Seems the unsub takes particular care in stabbing the victims. Twenty-eight strategic stab wounds in the back, according to the files, was done post mortem. The craziest part my lovelies? They form an S" she explained, not quite sure what to think of it. JJ looked to spencer. "You should be careful. The unsub clearly was some kind of connection to you. Always stay with one of the team." She told him, obvious worry in her features. Everyone was in edge, but none more than Krystal, who had fallen for the genius.

Daniel Johnson was the last team member to enter the conference room. Today was his first day back as well with the team along with his wife, JJ. The pregnancy went perfectly and they had a healthy baby boy. The love shown for one another and their child was outstanding. They were as close as they possibly could be and they had a perfect wedding together. Taking his seat beside of JJ, he turned his attention to the screen. Always, himself and JJ were next to each other at a meeting or when they were working on a case. At first, everyone wondered how this would affect their work but it only made them better. It was easy to rely on one another and have full trust of their partner. Just as always, he took JJ's hand in his while she spoke. Strangely enough, the victims looked like Spencer. And the mark on their backs were an "S". This did not look good.

Dr. Spencer Reid just sat in silence with the rest of the team. The air was colder and darker with a terrible feeling to it. A cold chill ran up his spine and goosebumps were all over his body. "Oh.. my.. god..." There were no quirky statistics given, there were no random facts. Just silence. "I'm sorry. I have to leave for a minute." He murmured as Morgan tried to put a hand on his shoulder and just quickly shrugged it off. "Just let him go." Hotch nodded and sighed quietly. "Wheels up in thirty minutes. We need to make sure we find out what's going on here. Morgan, I want you to watch over Spencer as much as you can. We don't know what this unsub will do if he gets a hold of him. He knows we are coming." After saying this, Hotch stood to his feet and was out the door.

After leaving, Spencer just walked outside, leaning against the wall of the entrance of the headquarters, trying to rack that genius bran of his to find out what was going on. He didn't leave any enemies in Las Vegas that he knew of but there had to be something. "Krystal, why don't you go check on him, okay?" Morgan knew that they were rather close and he hoped she could comfort him. Any normal man could be shaken up when seeing such evidence of violent murders in their home town. It was disturbing and they definitely needed to find answers.

JJ gave her husband's gand a squeeze and a small smile as they sat, though Daniel would know better how she was feeling. While this wouldn't be their first case together by any means, he too fit the victimology. Tall, handsome and in his late twenties. They had just had a baby, and it would be just devastating to see something happen to one of the most important people in her world.

This case had everyone on edge, but none more it seemed than Dr.Reid and Krystal. She nodded at Hotch as he proclaimed wheels up in 30. She would grab her bag from her desk then. She gave a concerned look to spencer as he walked out, but didn’t move to follow. She was smart enough to tell when he needed space. JJ looked to the team. "We should all keep an eye on him this case. I have a bad feeling." She said, eyes worried. This case was a weird one, but nothing the team couldn't handle.

At Morgan's suggestion, krystal simply nodded, walkinv out, stopping only at her desk to grab her messanger bag, which was a dark blue color with many diffrrent patches, flair and jewels on it. She was much like garcia in the way that she was not afraid to show her personality with color and fashion. She took the elevater down to the main floor, peeking out to see spencer. She walked out, giving him a small reassuring smile. "Hey spence. You okay?" She asked softly, the more quiet reserved side of her showing.

When Krystal walked outside to speak to him, Spencer just shrugged. Really, what else was there for him to say? "I don't know, Krystal." The tall man finally answered, turning to look at her with eyes full of confusion and fear. Hotch offered to let him take this case off but Spencer wasn't going to do that. Despite how afraid he was, he would not back down no matter what. "Thanks for checking on me. It's just, I don't know what to do. I mean, they all look similar to me and then the "S" on their backs... it's really unnerving and it bothers me so much. It's tough and I don't know who would be doing this. I don't know why I'm being targeted." After he was done, he just shrugged his shoulders again and was exiting the hallway. "Let's get on the plane."

After saying this, Spencer grabbed his go bag and walked onto the plane. He was the first member of the team to board the flight so he took his usual seat on the corner of the plane. Once he sat down and placed his bag on the floor, he took the case files and started flipping through them furiously again. There had to be something here... something he didn't remember but he couldn't quite realize what it was yet. He didn't know the victims, he didn't know anything about them whatsoever. What were they supposed to do? Tell everyone that looked like Spencer to stay home and be careful? They really weren't getting anywhere right now and all they had were a bunch of murders and no reason why. The males weren't connected for any other reason than appearance, but how was the unsub meeting them?

Slowly, the remainder of the team slowly filed onto the plane. Even though no seats were assigned, everyone sat in pretty much the same spot. Daniel and JJ were on the middle of the plane on the couch just as they always sat. Everyone had been briefed about the case already before leaving. His left arm wrapped around JJ's shoulders and pulled her into his chest. He could tell she was a bit worried because he fit the profile, but he promised her that he'd be extra careful. His lips pressed to the top of her head and he smiled. "It's a long way to Las Vegas, so get comfortable." he chuckled. The good thing about being with her, they could cuddle like this on long plane rides. It made things so much better.

Krystal nodded, putting a lock of blue hair behind her ear. Her expression showed just how much she concentrated, before she spoke. "This is certainly a mystery. Perhaps someone from your childhood? We both know memories are easily repressed in the face of trauma as a child." She said, before she nodded again, grabbing her go bag from her 2016 lotus evora and walking toward the plane.

Krystal was next to board the plane, sitting next to spencer and watching as he went through the files. There must be something she was missing. None of it added up, and it was worrysome. She'd lost to many friends and family already, and she couldn't loose anymore. "If you are the target, spencer, what's the motive? It looks to ve rage filled, as though the unsub blames you for something. Is there anuone, perhaps even family, who'd want to hurt you?" She asked gently, though her expression showed just how much this truly bothered her. Usually they were easily able to figure things out, but this time she was stumped.

JJ snuggled into her husband, shivering at his reassuring words. While she wasn't so sure, she trusted him enough to be able to relax a bit, giving him a light kiss. The woman was less put together than she appeared, constantly worrying about every one of her team. Even though she knew that they were all extremely capable adults, when the profile for the victim was this specific, she was entitled to worrying.

Spencer was at a total loss of words. Literally, there was no one in his history, family or not, that could hate him so much. Besides, when he was in school, Spencer was the one always getting picked on. He could never fight back and really never made enemies. Even now, he was still quite the loner and thinking of someone that would want to kill him or people that looked like him made him lose his wits trying to figure this out.

"I.... I don't know." Spencer mumbled, starting to look through the files one more time until Morgan stepped over and took the files out of his hand. "Shh wonder boy. These files won't change the more you look at them. Just relax, don't think about these papers. Just think about yourself and who might want to hurt you." Morgan told the good Doctor, hoping that would help him. Having those files, seeing what this unsub was doing may be breaking his concentration and focus. That was something the team or himself could not afford right now.

Daniel just let out a soft sigh and snuggled right back into his wife. The worry was obvious in her face. He didn't blame her, though. If they worked a case and JJ fit the profile of the victims, he would be worried about her too. It just showed how much they cared for each other. Taking his hand, he played with her hair a bit and then just chuckled quietly. "Did you change your shampoo?" he asked as her hair smelled different. It was nice to relax and not worry about such a brutal case at the moment.

Krystal rubbed his back, looking concerned. She'd never seen spencer quite this worked up. She looked around for only a moment for her cell phone, then dialed Garcia's number. "Garcia, can you look into similar cases happening to boys about the age of four?" She asked, working on a hunch.

Krystal rubbed his back again. "Its alright, spencer. Just try to relax. You don't have to know everything all the time" she assured, still wracking her brain. She needed to figure this out for spencer's sake. It was obvious just how stressed out made him. "Relax spencer. It'll be fine." She tried to sooth, though her eyes showed mixed emotions.

JJ leaned into her husband, sighing softly as she tried to relax. This whole case had her on edge both for her friends sake and her husband's. "Its going to be fine." She kept telling herself, holding onto the necklace he'd gave herbon their first date. She chuckled a bit too. "I did actually. Krystsl gave me some of her supplynof wen. My hair's never felt softer." She said, relaxing a bit more at the banter.

Spencer simply sat on the plane quietly beside Krystal when she called Garcia. On the other end of the phone, Garcia assured the woman she'd find something and then immediately disconnected from the phone call. Garcia was always one to care for the team and everyone in their little family. Knowing that something awful had happened to Spencer caused her to work harder and dig deeper on whatever she may be asked to do.

"Maybe not... but I need to know everything right now." Spencer shook his head before running a hand through his dark brown hair. It was getting rather long now and some facial hair was starting to pop up. He really hadn't shaved lately since he could only think about this case. "But thanks for trying to make me feel better... it's strange not knowing what to do." It was true, he usually had the answer for everything.

Chuckling, Daniel took some more of her hair in between his fingers and just began playing with it. While everyone on board was tense, Daniel and JJ had a chance to relax a bit more. While everyone else just had their little conversations, the married couple could just be more at ease with each other, hugging, kissing, everything. Whenever JJ was around him, Daniel felt so much better. "Maybe I should use some so my hair can be soft too, what do you think?"

Krystal smiled a little, a soft sighnof relief escaping her. "Thanks again Garcia. As always, you're a doll." She said before the woman hung up, going to the fridge to get herself an iced tea. She always drank it when she was stressed. It was probably due to her being half japanese that a good strong oolong or green tea relaxed her.

Krystal nodded. "Absolutely spencer. Garcia is on it, she'll find you an answer." She told him, taking a sip of her tea, rolling it on her tongue a moment before nodding again. She knew exactly how he felt. The reason she'd joined the bearou was because her best friend had been the victim of a serial killer.

JJ let out a tiny chuckle as he started playing with her hair, relaxing a bit. While she was still tense, having him around was a great comfort. He made everythingbinnher life have a little better outlook. JJ smiled a little. "I do recommend it. My hair hasn't beenbthis soft since I was a child." She said, giving him a light kiss and trying to keep as calm as possible.

It was evident to Spencer that the answer was not already in his hands. No matter how many times he looked, nothing clicked in his mind. The boy genius seemed to have met his match. Granted, he was smart enough to realize the reason for his mental lapse was how personal this case had gotten. Despite how hard he tried to treat this case like any other, it was impossible. Who wouldn't get upset and shaken when seeing this? What if they get to Las Vegas and see that he's next on the list to die? What if this was it and this was the end? It was surprising that the BAU even got to take this case. All of this was making him have a major headache so he put the case files down and closed his eyes.

Honestly, it was quite adorable for Daniel to see JJ acting like this. No matter what she said or did, everyone could tell that she was anxious. It would make sense for the unsub to attack someone close to Spencer. Really, the only person close to him that resembled anything like Spencer was Daniel. Before departing for the plane, Hotch discussed the matter with Daniel, telling him to keep an eye out. If this unsub knew that much about Spencer, then they would know how close Daniel and Spencer were. "Looks like I don't have a choice then." Daniel chuckled, returning the kiss. "Hey, I love you, okay? Things will be fine." He assured his wife before leaning their foreheads together.

The plane touched ground a couple hours later in Las Vegas. At the airport, the team would be greeted by the lead investigator, Detective Alex Jones and one of his assistants, Lisa Maxwell. Stepping off the plane, Hotchner introduced the team. "I'm Agent Hotchner and these are Agents (Krystal's last name?), Reid, Morgan, Prentiss, Rossi, Jareau, and Johnson."

"Nice to meet you all, I am Detective Alex Jones and this is Mrs. Maxwell. We will lead you down to the station and get started." Lisa eyed Spencer, seeing that he was the man supposedly being targeted by all this but she didn't say anything. Throughout the walk, Spencer kept quiet and got into the SUV with Krystal, JJ, and Daniel to prepare and head for the station.

Krystal put a hand on Spencer's shoulder. "Try yi relax, amic. It will help, I promise. But also, i'm thinking that maybe we should pay your mother a visit. She maybe able to tell us something you may be repressing." She offered, just trying to help. She wanted to make sure spencer would be safe, so she voluteered to be his quote on quote bodygaurd. While all the agents were fully trained, Krystal had been a black belt in 4 different forms of martial arts by 16. She while not large, was the obvious choice for her agility.

JJ let out a soft sigh as she snuggled into her husband. "Go I hope so. After what happened to Hotch, I fear what could happen to us, both being in the feild." She admitted, resting her head on his shoulder. She needed his presence right now, worrying so much over him and spencer. None of them had any clue that the next target was actually Krystal. She would be the perfect lure for Spencer.

"Agent kobayashi. Good to meet you." She told them with a soft smile, following spencer into the suvs. She looked to JJ, then back to spencer. "Everything is going to be fine you two. I have a feeling. Have I ever been wrong?" She said with a small chuckle, trying to add some humor to the situation. She wanted them all to be calmer, so she was trying as best she could to be normal, even if she was worried sick about spencer. This was at least as bad as the time he got kidnapped by Tobias.

Again, Spencer remained rather quiet all throughout the talk. Krystal did honestly offer some very good advice and he hasn't seen his mother in a long time. But part of him wondered how much of a help she would be. All he could do was hope that it would be worth it. In fact, her institution wouldn't be that far from the station. He could literally walk there as he thought about it. And he was quite happy with Krystal being his bodyguard. She was a tough woman and he did care for her too. Just being around the woman made her feel that much better and happier. So all being said, he did try to relax as he slipped into the SUV in the backseat with Krystal.

Daniel gave JJ's hand a squeeze before walking over to the SUV. He was always the driver so he got into the driver's seat with his wife beside of him. Lacing their fingers together again, he smiled at her and the other two. "Krystal is right. Everything's going to be fine. We'll catch this guy in no time." He assured them before turning the key into the ignition and heading off from the paring lot of the airport, following the others that were following the LAPD to the station. Despite common beliefs, having a workplace relationship only strengthened Daniel and JJ. They worked so much better together and that's why they were always allowed to be together. Besides, everyone thought it was sweet and adorable to have a nice break from all the rough and sad things they deal with.

Once they got to the station, everyone filed out and Spencer did stay close to Krystal though it was obvious he was in a hurry to get inside to see what they should do next. He needed answers, now.

"We'll go see your mother after the initial meet and greet. I want to knowbas much as possible too." Krystal said, giving spencer's shoulder a squeeze. She hoped her hunch was correct and that Spencer's lovely yet eccentric mother would be albe to by help. It was just a feeling she had. The pretty blue haired woman was seldom wrong, so there was a glimmer of hope. Even if she was worried sick, there was a good chance that everything would be okay.

JJ relaxed a bit at both Krystal and Daniel's reassurance, slumping into the bucket seat of the suv. While she was still very worried, she also knew her team. This is what they did everyday. They would get through this jyst like they had gotten through everything else. She pushed away the bad feelings, trying to relax a bit.

Krystal followed spencer close behind, never taking her eyes from him. She was nothing if thorough. The pretty woman just wanted him safe in such an unsafe situation.

Maybe it was just paranoia... or maybe this was something real. Swearing on everything, Spencer thought he felt eyes on him. It made him constantly look back over his shoulder and to each side during the slow walk to the station. He liked to just brush it off as nothing so he made no comment about it and just carried on. However, he was wrong. There was indeed someone watching him. On the other side of the parking lot in an old, beaten down red jeep was his uncle. Long, poorly kept beard and dirty, mucky hair... he held up binoculars and watched them. "Little Spencer has him a girlfriend, now? Hm?" He whispered to himself, smirking as he set eyes on Krystal. He suddenly knew what his next move would be. Chuckling like a little kid, he slid back into the driver's seat and sped on his way home.

While they walked into the station, Daniel let his hand stay right inside of JJ's. Now, JJ would slowly be weaned back into the field but everyone knew Daniel would take good care of her. Himself and JJ were really never separated on any assignment and that would definitely be important now. No one knew how much she could handle more than her husband. Once arriving inside, Daniel followed JJ, Rossi, and Hotchner into one of the meeting rooms. Meanwhile, Spencer, Morgan, and the others went to greet a few of the responding officers to the scenes.

Spencer was eager to hear what the officers had to say. He couldn't imagine how he would feel discovering something so gruesome. The thought just made him shiver and shake his head but there was not much he could do other than listen and hope they could get to the bottom of this.

Krystal couldn't shake the feeling either. She kept a close eye on tge surrounding areas, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. She shivered slightly as she walked with Spencer, her usually calm face showing the lines of worry. Something didn't feel right even if everything seemed as if it was. She didn't like it.

JJ took in low soft breaths as she walked into the meeting room with her husband. She gave his hand a small squeeze, trying to keep calm. Shr needed to do her job, and she couldn't if she weren't calm. She ran a hand through her hair, tossling it slightly, glad that her husband with her. She knew without him she'd be a mess. A case had never been thid specific to one of the team before, and ig was mzaking her seriously worried.

Krystal cleared her throat. "Hello officers. I'm Special agent Kobayashi and these are my colleagues agents Reid, Prentiss and could you please tell me what you think happened." She asked, watching curiously. She needed as many answers as possible. She had to keep spencer safe at all costs.

"It's good to see you, agents. My name is Officer Robinson and this is my partner, Officer Parker." The tall, older man spoke while introducing the younger male to his side. "We responded on all these scenes lately. The pictures didn't do the scene justice. It was so incredibly gruesome and disgusting. There was nothing distinctive about what happened other than the "S" on the victim's back and their appearance though we believe the cuts were all made with the same kind of hunting knife." Spencer's mind was turning quickly at this point. Hearing about a hunting knife brought something to mind but he didn't speak about it nor would he consider doing so. His uncle was a big time hunter. He had all the guns and knives one could want. But there was no way it was his Uncle! He hadn't spoken to him in a long time. But then again, his mother was always worried about the senile man....

"Other than that, we don't have anything else. Do you have any questions?" Officer Robinson asked either one of the agents, none in particular.

Even as they entered the meeting room, Daniel could tell that JJ was seriously worried. That made him just want to pull her into the tightest hug ever and kiss her until the day ended. Of course, they had a job to do though. But that didn't mean they couldn't get a little handsy from time to time. The four agents took a seat in the meeting room with the Sergeant of the police squad entering. Daniel kept JJ's hand in his, close to his body while the man spoke about their plan. He wanted the agents to decide how to play it with the media. Because of the "S", the media labeled him as the Las VegaS Butcher, with emphasis on the "S" of course. Then, he was wondering how long it would be before a profile would be made and the killer would be caught. "There can be no time table. We will keep you in the loop, though." Hotch answered with a nod, not really giving a concrete answer like he wanted.

"Daniel and JJ, you two talk to the victim's families when they get here. We'll head out to talk to bystanders." Hotch spoke before breaking them off. Now, Daniel just sat with JJ in the room until the families arrived.

Krystal sat and listened in silence, taking it all in. She needed more information, but wasn't quite sure how to phrase the question. It had appeared from the pictures thst the bodies had been dragged from where they were killed. She glanced at spencer, noticing the wheels turning in his mind. "Do you have any idea on what type of hunting knife the unsub might've used, officers?" She asked levelly, watching each man with increased curiousity. She was gathering information through their body language and facial expressions.

JJ snuggled a little closer to her husband while the cheif was debreifing them. She was still a bit on edge, and needed the comfort. While she was completely capable of handling cases,having just had a baby, her hormones were still a bit out of whack. She nodded at Hotch, squeezing Daniel's hand. "You've got it sir."

The first family arrived only a few minutes later, and you could tell they were a mess. JJ spoke softly, fiddling a little with her necklace. "Please, I need you to tell us everything about your son. Is there anyone who would want to hurt him?" She could only imagine the pain that the family was experiencing now.

When Krystal asked what type of hunting knife, the officers really didn't know though they were able to take a guess at what kind of brand of hunting knife was used. When they said the name, Spencer's eyes lit up. He heard that name before, but where? It wasn't from working here at the BAU either... he heard it before, sometime. Agh. He couldn't think! He just shook his head and went on. Finally, they were done with the officers and sent out to check the last crime scene.

"I heard that name somewhere before, Krystal. I don't know when or where or who... but that brand is familiar to me." Obviously, Dr. Reid didn't hunt so it wasn't a knife that he used. He couldn't remember anything for the life of him. Hopefully the last scene would give them some clues.

Daniel was sitting beside of JJ when they talked to the grieving parents. He and JJ were new parents and he couldn't imagine what would happen if something happened to their sweet little man. He couldn't think about it. He didn't want to think about it. The day went by and all the families came into talk. There was absolutely no connection between them at all other than appearance. No one would have a reason to hurt any of these men and it led them nowhere. All that Daniel and JJ could do was comfort the families and reassure them that they would do their best to bring justice for their sons. Once they all left, Daniel closed the door and then took a seat beside of his wife, letting an arm slip around her shoulders. "Did you get anything useful out of them? I really didn't." Daniel shrugged, sadly lancing down at the blonde woman.

Krystal nodded at the officers, thanking them for the help. Her face was contemplative as she thought, picturing a faceless unsub killing another innocent victim. This mystery was starting to make more sense. She picked up her phone, dialing quickly. Her face showed she wasin deep thought as she spoke. "Garcia, I want you to look into hunting rifle permits. Men. Cross check those records with men commited to mental hospitals"

At Spencer's realization, Krystal's face became contemplative again as they drove to the crime scene. "That could be a good sign, Spence. Maybe seeing the scene in person will help you remember more." She stated, though she was sure he was thinking the same. The radio played some light jazz as they drove. While Krystal loved music with heavy beats and screams, she knew spencer had a hard time concentrating when it was on.

JJ let out a sigh as she relaxed into the couch she and her husband we now sitting on. "Not anything I think is relevant. This is the work of a serial killer for sure." Her voice showed how tired she was as she spoke, letting out a yawn. The woman had hardly been able to get any sleep lately, and she knew with this case loominv, it was unlikely she'd get anymore.

Garcia answered Krystal's call and promptly started to search, paying extra close attention for those men with ties to this city they were in. "Yeah, maybe you're right." Spencer whispered quietly while watching the scene pass and he was thankful for the music that she played, it did help him be soothed and calmed. Once they arrived to the scene, he looked around and sure enough, something was familiar. Across the street was some diner that he swore that he'd eaten in before but he wasn't quite sure. Al of this was really confusing to him and he didn't know what to think. "I feel like... I've been here before. I've seen this place at some point in my life." Spencer groaned and held his head, frowning when trying to think about what was going on.

Daniel nodded as he noticed how tired she was, so he pulled her into his chest and kissed her. "What should we look into next? Should we brush over the case files again and see if that helps? I don't know what else to do." He frowned while looking down at his wife, pressing a gentle kiss to her lips and slipped his arms around her tightly, pulling her against him and snuggling tightly against her.

Krystal breathed out a thank you to Garcia, taking Spencer's hand lightly and leading him out to the SUV they would take to the crime scene. She still was offering as much comfort as she could to him without revealing how she felt to him. That could be put off until this case was over. She knew with all the emotions he was feeling right now, he would not be able to handle her admittance. The music played softly in the background of the silence, Krystal resisting the urge to sing along. She was always making up lyrics to go with songs like this, and they were usually about the handsome genius sitting next to her.

When they got to the scene, Krystal examined it closely. It was easily one of the worse things she'd seen working with the BAU. She took in Spencer's reaction to all this, noting the diner near the dump site. It was almost as if the unsub wanted Spencer to figure out who he was. "hmm, I would say try and focus on that. If you've been here before, I'd say our next step is to talk to your mom. She may be able to shed even more light, Amic." she told him, using the Romanian nickname she'd picked him which simply meant friend. It was an attempt to help him keep calm in the wake of this unsettling case.

JJ sighed, kissing him back before pulling the file off the nearby desk. "That's a good idea. Krys and Spencer are at the latest scene now. when they get back hopefully they will have more information." she explained, simply relaxing in her husband's arms. She was trying to relax enough to hopefully find something they'd missed in the case file the first time They knew they needed to solve this case fast before somebody else was murdered.

"You know what? I was thinking that exact same thing. It's been a while since I paid her a visit. We can go look." Spencer told her with a small smile at the mention of the nickname. He knew it meant friend but he felt special because she only used it with him. Reaching down, he took her hand to give it a squeeze. This was a personal matter regarding his mother but he didn't care. "I want you to come with me when I talk to her if that's okay... I don't know how much more I can handle this or if I even want to find out what she has to say. I need you with me, Krystal." Spencer told her and released her hand before leading her to the SUV. He wanted to do so much more than hold her hands but for now that was better than nothing as they jumped in the vehicle and started on their way to the mental facility.

Just then, Garcia sent a text message. It was a group text to everyone in the group except for Dr. Reid. She pointed out this and said that one of Spencer's uncle had been in and out of mental rehab. One time, he had sneaked a hunting knife in and tried to stab one of the other patients and the brand happened to match the kind they were looking for and that was something they needed to pay attention to.

When Daniel got this text, he read it with JJ and shook hsi head. "Do you think his uncle did this? Spencer doesn't ever talk about his family though. I don't know anything about an uncle." He mused and shrugged as the rest of the team rejoined them in the room to discuss this while Spencer and Krystal were out at the scene.

Krystal smiled, squeezing Spencer's hand back. "Of course I will, amic. I know how hard this must be for you." She told him, giving him a chaste kiss on the cheek. She really just wanted him to feel safe, and hoped her kiss wasn't crossing any lines. She wouldn't know what to do if he weren't around her. She gave him a quick hug before hopping into the SUV, starting the car and driving off. She knew where his mother's hospital was, as she had looked it up before hand just in case.

When Krystal received the text from Garcia, she ignored it in favor of driving. "Its from penny. I'll pick it up when we get there." She told him, a small smile on her face as she flipped on the radio. The smooth jazz began to play again, lulling her onto a relaxed state. Did Spencer wanting her to meet his mother mean more than she thought? She didn't know, but she wouldn't dwell on it, or she'd driver herself nuts.

JJ sighed, leaning into Daniel."I don't know. We'll need to gather more facts on it, but it is a possibility. We can't rule anything out right now." She explained, looking curious. She watched as the others filed in, Hotch speaking first. "This is worrysome. He said, calling garcia on speaker phone. "Garcia, anything more on Reid and his uncle?" He asked, referring to the text he had replied with. Everyone was worried.

The kiss that Krystal gave him made Spencer blush and the hug only worsened it. Even at a difficult time like this, he was able to relax and just think about Krystal in that moment. She did so many things to him that he couldn't explain but he figured that's what it was like to have feelings for someone, to care for someone. Maybe if this case was over and everything turned out okay, they could make something out of this. Besides, this really opened up his eyes and made him realize how important these things were. Once they arrived to the hospital, Spencer walked up inside with Krystal and took the elevator to the floor yet. They asked for his mother and were led right to her sitting in the living room area watching her daytime shows.

She was happy to see Spencer and happily greeted her. She knew Krystal from the team as well and teased her son, asking if they were dating yet and Spencer made the side comment of "Maybe soon." hoping Krystal might get his hints. Then it was down to business though and he started talking to his mother and when he talked about hunting and knives, she knew exactly who it was.

"Ugh, yes. Your Uncle Mike. Remember him? He always hunted even when we were kids." Since that was his uncle, it was obviously his mother's brother and then it all hit Spencer. He spent a lot of time with Mike as a young kid and that's probably where the diner and the locations made sense. Was his Uncle doing this?

Daniel sat right beside of JJ and listened to Garcia say there was nothing else she coudl help them with but she would start looking. They figured they should probably pay him a visit . Hotch sent Daniel, Morgan, and himself to go visit Michael Redding. He lived about twenty minutes out from the station so it wouldn't be a long ride.

Krystal smirked slightly to herself at Spencer's blush, starting the SUV. She found it very cute that her light toiches could do that to him. Maybe she wasn't reading to much into him asking her to meet his mother. Maybe he felt the same way she did. She wasn't sure, but knew only time would tell.

Krystal greeted Mrs reid politely, smiling and curtsying as she was taught when she was little. As the daughter of two very wealthy people, she had often had to play hostess to many important people. The habits she'd learned as an heiress were so ingrained, that even when she was trying to be infrormal, it came out structured. High society customs had been ingrained into her, despite her down to earth additude.

Krystal watched the exchange with mother and son with eager interest. She was trying to gather information that might be useful to the case. Her eyebrow raised at Spencer's comment of "maybe soon" but she brushed it off for now. She had more important things to do right now than gain a boyfriend, even if it was someone she'd basically been pining for since she met him. Her eyebrow raised again at his mother's admittance. "Mrs reid, do you have any reason to believe your brother might hurt someone?" She asked, and it was clear in her expression and tone she was back in BAU mode, despite her extreme politeness. She did not want his mother to dislike her.

JJ let out a sigh and then kissed Daniel goodbye. Her expression showed her worry for the trio, but especially for her husband. "You three be careful. I'll hang back here and wait for Krystal and Spencer" she explained, resting her foregead on Daniel's again a moment. She needed reassuranxe, even if she trusted both the men travelling with him with her life. Still, she couldn't shake the feeling something bad was about to happen. Little did she know it was to Krystal, and not her husband.

Back
Top Bottom