Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fates Altered-Avengers Moon/Lady

FoxWriter

Cluster
The world had never been a very happy place to begin with really, in a world filled with people who where twins and always twins. One Twin the dominant, Alpha. Strong and outgoing and confident. The other twin the Submissive, the Omega. Smaller, weaker, shyer. Every singe child in the world had a twin, and the Barnes twins where no different. They where, however, not the same as the others. Steve Rogers, the younger Omega, had come down with TB as a child, and so was much weaker and more helpless than most. All of his life he had been riding on James, the older Alpha twin's, shadow. James had always protected 'little Stevie' who was so small he was a runt. Not that it stopped Steve from trying to pick fights, stand up for himself and not be a nuisance to his much adored brother. James had spent his entire life looking after Steve, doing his best to keep the other from becoming a smear on the wall. He had been drafted though, and was no longer there to help Steve, the government refusing his pleas that he needed to stay home and care for his often too sick to get out of bed brother. Steve was distraught when James left, Steve had always done his best to help his brother. Now he couldn't help James at all. He was too weak to go picking for scrap metal or get a proper job. That was, until he started drawing propaganda comics for the local newspaper.

All in one fell swoop the government had plucked him up, and he was, in an instant, employed, and helping with the war effort. Writing comics about the war, writing comics to empower women in the workforce, drawing anything he could think of, and even painting huge posters that would encourage people to sign up for the military, donate money or food, and pick for anything that could be useful. When he collapsed, screaming in the office one morning, everyone had thought his twin had died. Steve was quick to promise his co-workers that he was fine and that his Twin seamed to have been briefly tortured. Steve had no idea that James Buchanan Barns, Sergeant of the 107'th had just been chosen to become the worlds first Super Soldier. James would soon take up the mantle of Captain America and Steve was delighted to start writing comics all about James heroics. The Captain America comics where one of the best selling anythings. And hundreds where sent to the war effort and to the soldiers. Steve always carefully mailed #1, signed by himself to James each and every time. There where thirty completed comics when Steve suddenly went missing. A week after he went missing James collapsed, screaming as Steve was tortured. Their Twin bond stronger than most. It took a month for James to find Steve, he was almost too late.

Steve had been found locked in an experimental facility, strapped to a table and bigger and healthier than he had ever been in his entire life. He was even bigger than James now! Despite that, Steve's mind had all but shattered under the constant torture and experimentation. It was a week after James found him that he finally began to respond again, a month before he was fit to join James in the field, no matter how much James protested. Steve was in no shape to protest himself, because of that, the military used him and he became Captain America's sidekick. Well, until the train. James never forgave himself for dropping Steve, never forgave himself for letting Steve die in the godforsaken winter tundra god knew where. He couldn't even remember. He was so torn up with guilt he locked up everything he owned into one of his 'bolt holes'. A safe house his father had made before the war, a room underground made of steal. Then he followed Steve into snow and Ice, locked in the fallen plane for seventy years until Stark found him.

Seventy one years after falling, James Barnes awoke from bed screaming and fighting off invisible hands that tried to force him down into a chair he knew was bad. Knew would hurt. He had those dreams often enough, of 'them' pressing plastic into his mouth so he wouldn't bite through his tongue, the pulses of sharp, agonizing pain arching through his skull. The terror, utter terror of not knowing anything all over again. Where did such dreams come from anyway!? He shuddered and slid out of bed, rubbing his face and unable to shake the idea of his left arm being fake gave it a sharp pinch. Ouch! Yup. Real. Good. He staggered out of bed, found a pair of pants and headed up to the kitchen he was currently sort of sharing with Tony Stark, the man who had found him in the ice and was slowly bringing him into the twenty first century. There where times when James was scared to death of the tech that Tony was trying to teach him to use. James wasn't doing to bad at least. He could sort of use his phone now. Sort of anyway. He shuddered, stepping into the kitchen rubbing his head at the sharp headache and the odd sensation of being blank and spiked a hefty cup of coffee with a heftier dose of the strongest alcohol he could find in Tony's kitchen.

Tony shuffled into the room, the brilliant alpha born billionaire showing every sign of having not slept the night before, the streaks of grease and grime saying that it hadn’t been his tech that had kept the man up, but simply a need to work on cars. Which was odd, he so rarely worked on the cars these days. While he loved them, the cars had been the only thing to draw Howard Stark’s attention to his often overlooked son, who while well taken care of, was ignored in favor of other projects. At least, until Tony showed every sign of surpassing Howard’s genius.

Curling his toes a little into the cool tile as he paused into the door, his overtired mind searching to understand what he was seeing. Having built the tower for him and Pepper, it was still a new thing for him to have someone besides Pepper living with him. And despite him trying to get her to stay more often, Pepper stayed in her own apartment downstairs as much as she did up here in the penthouse with him. At the moment, James Barnes was the only person besides Tony living full time in the tower as Pepper was usually going between LA and New York to see to his company as Tony simply enjoyed being both chief engineer and superhero.

“Barnes?What time is it?”he blinked slowly as he glanced at the clock, wincing as he saw it was early in the AM, shaking his head. “You want better alcohol?There’s better stuff in the bar.”he pointed out, while he was walking a knife’s edge of being a alcoholic, he still kept the bottles he’d bought before setting it aside. As much alcohol problems as he had, and how much shit he’d get for allowing James to drink it first thing in the morning, he knew it wouldn’t even be a drop in the bucket it would take to get Captain America drunk. It’d take something truly divine to overcome the serum.

James looked up at Tony when he walked in ad had to smile a little. he had never liked Howard too much, the man was entirely too 'up in your face better than you'. Tony was more 'up in your face because he's too hyper to know boundaries'. which was a whole different manner of personality that James actually found adorable, not that he'd ever tell Tony that. it would be the fastest way ever to getting Tony completely and totally pissed off. "it's three in the morning." he stated simply. "had a nightmare." he admitted. "that fucking chair again...." he shuddered violently. there was little that set him off really, but cold water, and the dream about the chair, was enough to make his hands tremble and make him remember things best left forgotten, things like Stevie, and Peggy who he had to comfort when he fell. it had been entirely baffling when Peggy had constantly ignored him only to fall for his Omega brother. not that James had been jealous considering how many other hot babes he had drooling after him. men too, but those sorts of things weren't talked about in any sort of company.

"better if i use the cheep stuff, i'll probably drink the whole bottle." James admitted. "it can't get me drunk of course but it warms me up pretty well." he admitted. he was always cold after nightmares like the chair, or dreams about the crash or dropping Steve. alcohol seamed to be the only ting that warmed him up, even if he couldn't actually get drunk. "....god i'm thinking about him again." he groaned, pressing the heals of his hands into his eyes and just sitting there for a moment as if trying to drive the images and thoughts out of his brain. everyone kept trying to get him to talk to someone, but he couldn't. for one thing, Captain America had to be strong. breaking down was not allowed. for another, everyone he had tried to talk to, got all flustered around him, flirting and gushing and trying to take his damn picture and shit. not a good place to be when you wanted to talk about waking in the middle of the night screaming because of nightmares. "so what has you so upset?" he asked Tony, staring at the bottle in his hands and ditched the coffee, taking several long swallows from the bottle itself.

“....Damn.”Tony muttered wincing a little as he realized just how late it was. Oh man, pepper was going to kill him when he showed up for a meeting dead on his feet. “It totally creeps me out when you dream of that chair. Makes me think of bad science fiction movies and weird things. And weird ass tech that AIM tried using on me.IT was bad.”Tony twitched making a face, before sighing quietly.

“I think alcohol warms everyone up.”Tony said as he sat down, pouring himself a glass of coffee, sipping it slowly, knowing better then to reach for the alcohol no matter how tempting. James had his orders from pepper- who he actually listened to for the most part- to keep tony from drinking until he could get the need to do so out of his system. “Well, don’t do that. I’ll tell you really bad stories about bad things and amazing tech if you want distracted.”Tony said, indeed, even as tired as he was feeling, he was hyper. “...Did you read the report on how I had to reset my brain?”He said twitching. While it hadn’t been a pleasant fight, when he’d reset extremis back to it’s most basic, he’d erased memories, especially of everything he’d ever learned being director of shield. “I...I didn’t get all my memories back. Which was the point, I couldn’t know all the secrets I knew, otherwise someone was going to kill me,but...”He swallowed thickly, sipping his coffee. “...I have a twin.”Tony muttered frowning, because it had been a well documented moment, tony stark, only twinless child born in living memory. “I have a twin, and I know it, but I can’t....I don’t know who!or where, or what happened. I just know...”He said sounding frustrated. “I dreamed about her, but I can’t remember who or why, but it was enough to draw part of the memory to the surface...I think...shield had files on her...but I don’t know.”He said sounding so defeated,and tired.

James nodded. "i'll make a few excuses to Pepper if you want, about how i woke you up." he'd done ot before, woken Tony up that was in a desperate need to make sure the people around him that he actually liked where still alive and breathing. Tony had actually held him once, for two hours, while James completely broke down and sobbed into his very nice chest. "AIM?" he asked, lifting an eyebrow. the acronyms still got to him sometimes. he looked up at the other, watching him intently, smiling when Tony didn't go for any alcohol of his own. "uh, your brain?" he asked, scanning his memories. "cus your brains a computer right? i read the file i think but i don't get most of it." he admitted. "you deleted your own memories?" he asked, startled, remembering the feeling of being empty and blank after the chair and flinched away from the memory. "Jesus Tony..." he muttered. "that's awful, is there anyway to get those memories back?" he asked, worried. "would you still be in danger if you did get those memories back?" he wondered before he choked on a swallow of whatever swill he was drinking.

"you... seriously?!" he asked, amazed before frowning. "but why have you only just now fund out about them?" he wondered. in all honesty, twin boys where exceptionally rare, as where twin girls. it was almost always a boy and girl twin pairing. "....how much you wanna bet Howard wanted the publicity?" he sneered. his opinions on Howard stark closely mirrored Tony's. "i could ask Fury for you?" he offered. "or Phil. Phil adores me." he admitted with a grin. "he was super jealous that i had thirty #1 signed copies of Steve's comic books." he admitted before flinching as he realized he'd talked about Steve. he hated thinking about Steve. it made him feel vaguely sick, and like he was a filthy traitor to be honest. "i think i'm going to go beat something." he decided with a sigh. "there's no dealing with myself on days like this." he grumbled. "maybe i should just get one of those Icers and take a good long nap?" he wondered before looking up at Tony. "i'll talk to Fury and Phil, see what they can find for you, okay? you should get some sleep. if Pepper get's your grill blame it on me, you know she's never mad when your helping me." he admitted with an impish grin. he loved irritating Pepper. she could never resist his boyscout charms.

“Awesome. I’ll do that. She likes you better then me. You don’t get yelled at.”Tony said pouting a little before nodding. “Yea, advanced idea mechanics. Not overly intelligent, but they’re good at being a pain in my ass and making things go boom.”Tony shrugged a little before twitching a little, nodding slightly. “It is. More computer then human really.”Tony shrugged before wincing, nodding. “I did.because some secrets no one should know.”He said before swallowing thickly, shaking his head. “There is....I saved them....but if I remember everything I lost, I’ll put not only myself in danger, but the rest of my team, and most of shield to.”he said before nodding.

“I do. And I don’t know. I don’t even know who she is. Just....she exists.”Tony said sounding utterly frustrated before nodding. “He probably did. Or didn’t want to be bothered raising a child that was clearly the weaker one.”Tony said shrugging a little, biting his lip some. Snickering. “he is very jealous. I thought he was going to knock you out and steal the books really.”Tony said looking vaguely concerned at james, knowing better then to show just how worried he was, otherwise he’d get the super soldier annoyed with him. “...if you want. Ask Phil.”Tony shrugged, not brave enough to ask the men for himself, but to curious to not want to know. “...Want me to suit up, give you a enemy to beat on for awhile?”He asked even as he yawned, “You’ll feel worse if you knocked yourself out. Just go break more of my gym equipment, and get some sleep.”Tony said as he shuffled to his feet, heading for the door. “Kay. Which is totally unfair by the way. She should get mad at you, not me.”He sulked.

James chuckled a little and nodded. "it's because i make proper excuses." he admitted. "and don't openly try to piss her off." he admitted with a smile before frowning. "i have no idea who that is. then again, i try not to get involved in anything unless it's punching someone in the face." he admitted. "wait. Aim, aren't those the guys run by that dweeb Justine hammer?" he asked. he didn't care much for Hammer, the man had ideas well above his station and an attitude to match. especially when everything he ever did was nothing more than a cheep Stark knockoff that never worked right. at least Osborn had some unique toys, though it was the X-men that came closest to Tony's utter brilliance and that was only because some kid named Harley was a mad genius that nearly rivaled Tony's own. a mutant that Tony had adventures with a few years ago. he joined the X-men after the technology around him started doing things on it's own. Tony had been delighted if the rumors where to be believed. "your too emotional to be a computer." he stated simply, smiling a little. "well.... maybe it's better you wait then." he agreed, knowing Tony would happily risk his own life, but he would never risk James, Peppers or Phil's.

"well i'll dig around, see what i can find. i'll get Nat to help me if i have to." he admitted. "she likes you for some reason." he admitted with a smile before scowling darkly. "god i hate Howard SO much..." he mumbled before snickering. "you should have seen the look on his face when he realized that the original Captain America Comics where written by my Twin." he admitted. "sometimes i just sit down and look at them. he left letters in the backs of all the ones he sent me. he was so proud that he was helping in the war, even if he couldn't fight." he admitted before shaking his head. "i miss him..." he admitted, rubbing his chest, there was a constant, dull ache there. "nah, you need to go to sleep, you have a meeting or something today don't you?" he asked her. "best to try to get some rest for that at least." he admitted. "yeah i probably would feel worse, but at least i wouldn't dream for a few hours." he admitted, smirking at Tony when he complained. "unlike you, i don't actively try to piss her off. plus she feels sorry for me." he admitted. leaving for the gym.

three hours later, and all the TV's in the tower and the conference room turned on, and the news woman tarted speaking about how tragedy had struck when the noble superhero Cyclops had fallen. shot to death in the middle of Europe where he was trying to stop an assassination attempt on some nobleman or woman. there weren't a whole lot of details yet, but they showed the scene of Scott Summers, mask still in place to protect his identity and family, being carefully placed inside of a black body bag.

(a post before i go for more stuff. it's gonna be a long day.)

“Not a surprise. They’re not that memorable.”Tony said before snickering, nodding. “It is. Justin Hammer drives me insane, stupid tech...”The billionaire grumbled, because even more then the bad things justin did, the stupid tech bothered him. “Well, part computer then.”Tony said with a small smile, before nodding. “I know. No secrets yet.”Tony sighed because while he knew it was a good thing to not know everything he’d known, the man still got twitchy with knowing that there was things that he didn’t know.

Making a face at the captain he rolled his eyes. “You’re delusional. Natasha tolerates me. She doesn’t like me.”Tony said before sighing. “Me to. I think Dad just rubbed everyone the wrong way.”Tony sighed softly before snickering, “I would have paid money to be there when he figured that out. Poor Phil probably had a heart attack.”Tony snickered amused before looking worried about the other, tilting his head a little. Knowing better then to try and get him to talk, well aware of what the other thought about being able to talk to people. Worried that if he pressed, james would completely stop opening up to him some. “He did help...and I know you miss him.”he smiled a little, “...I do. I’ll come find you after though. See if you still feel up for a spar.”Tony offered a tired smile before shaking his head. “Maybe not, with our luck, you’d dream even when you were iced.”Tony pointed out with a sigh as he headed for bed.

Over the next two hours tony started reaching out to the powered community even as he found out more about Scott. While he knew the man in passing, he knew there was a tradition to be honored here, that even with the powered community mostly in hiding, still reeling from the fights that had nearly torn it apart, there was something that needed to be done. To honor a hero, even if no one else besides them would know that scott summers had died the moment Cyclops had taken that bullet. Waving a hand at James as he saw the man passing the door, he hung up the phone call he was making, looking tired.

“Summers’ widow is bringing him back to Boston to be buried here. Funeral’s tomorrow morning.”Tony said lookign tired and beaten.While it wasn’t that uncoomon for one of them to fall in the line of duty, it still hit him hard, to know that he couldn’t save everyone. “While we can’t all go without risking their lives, a few are. Summers’ mother invited me, you, Charles Xavier, Phil, and the assassin twins to go.”

he shrugged. "Justine Hammer drives me insane because he thinks he's better than everyone else without any real justifiable cause." he admitted. "he's like a little dog yapping away waiting to be eaten by a bigger dog." he huffed. "being part computer is kind of cool." he admitted. "not yet, it'll be safe enough in the future i'm sure." he admitted. "and i think your doubting your self worth. Natasha 'tolerates' no one. she either likes you, or your dead." James pointed out. "not everyone. Peggy tolerated Howard at the very least, and Stevie adored him. can't imagine why." he grumbled. "probably lack of a proper father figure in our lives, i guess Howard was the first person to ever look at Steve and not see a pathetic Omega." he admitted, shaking his head. "personally i think Howard just wanted to get laid. Steve was pretty enough for it, at any rate." he admitted. "not that he ever realized he was being flirted with. all his attention was focused mostly on Peggy thank god. i don't think i could ever, ever have forgiven Howard had he sullied my precious Stevie." James admitted. "and then you wouldn't exist!" he admitted, letting Tony know exactly what James would have done had Howard done more than vaguely flirt with Steve.

"oh he nearly fainted, he nearly kissed me when i said he could look at them though. he was moved to tears when he read the letters in the back. he has all the original comic books himself of course." James admitted. "but the original thirty are extremely rare apparently and he's missing a number of them." he admitted, shaking his head. "amazingly, he even has a few of Steve's original comics for the war effort too, and even a 'we want you' poster Steve painted of me." he admitted with a grin. "i hate to think what Phil does with it." he admitted, vaguely miming a rather naughty hand gesture. "alright." he agreed, watching Tony leave with a small smile on his lips.

"...you saw, huh?" he asked Tony before twitching, startled. "Summers was married?" he asked, shocked. "i didn't know that." he admitted. "tomorrow huh?" he asked, looking vaguely disturbed. Steve had never had a funeral. neither had he, as far as he knew. "Tony? do you know if Steve has a grave anywhere? i know that it'll be empty but..." he shook his head. "might be nice to be able to go say goodbye, properly i mean." he admitted. "why on earth where we all invited? i mean, i know i worked with Summers before, handling that Winter Soldier incident in Russia together. not that it was actual the fabled assassin." it had been a cheep copycat trying to get what he wanted by frightening the locals pretending to be the myth. no one really believed the Winter Soldier existed of course, but, well, no one was willing to chance that he wasn't real either.

“...That’s true to.”Tony snickered a little because justin hammer bothered everyone. “And you should totally deal with that problem. You can be the big dog to take out the little one.”Tony smirked looking amused. “...Natasha once stabbed me with a needle. That’s not liking.”Tony grumbled even if he smiled, happy that natasha liked him. Making a face though.”Well, howard always did enjoy people adoring him.”Tony rolled his eyes before shuddering. “Nooo.don’t talk like that. I don’t want to consider Dad having sex. Ever.”Tony whined making a face.

“I’m going to have to tease him about that. That’s great.”Tony snickered at the idea, amused before nodding. “I have a few myself, mom kept them...after. Quite amusing really.”Tony snickered.

“Yea, Phil called and told me.”Tony said rubbing his face before nodding. “He was. For nearly 4 years, but his parents didn’t like her, so they kept it as quiet as they could, I don’t think they even knew that Scott and....”Tony frowned, “You know, I don’t even know her name, tied the knot.”he shrugged before wincing. “Yes....he does. You both do actually. Two actually. One in DC at Arlington, and one here, in Brooklyn. Mom wanted you ‘buried’ here, but the president and dad simply wanted a ceremony at the captial so....”Tony shrugged a little before laughing. “Because I was invited. And it’s tradition to invite some heros, apparently Scott left a list of who to invite, and the call came soon after Phil’s....I’m sure there was a reason, but I wasn’t about to demand answers from his mother.”Tony shrugged a little before making a face. “I want to kill that stupid ghost story.”Tony grumbled.

he nodded. "i've thought about it." he admitted. "but i don't think good guys are supposed to kill people just because we're annoyed by them." he admitted. "though if he tries to hawk some more of that crappy shit on me i might very well break his nose." he admitted. "Natasha's stabbed me with a needle too you know." he admitted. "it was poisoned. i think she just wanted to see if the Serum would overcome it." he admitted. "yeah well, Howard had better rot in hell." James grunted. "Tony. the only reason you where born is because your father had sex." he pointed out. "you will have to tease him. i do, a lot." he admitted with a grin before nodding. "yeah, yer Ma was a big fan of mine. probably why Howard never really liked me." he admitted with a snicker.

he grimaced. "ouch. not being liked by your in-laws. harsh..." he muttered. "any idea on why they didn't like her?" he wondered, head tilted. "in any case, i suppose it doesn't matter that anyone knew she was married to him. they most likely kept it a secret to protect her more than anything else." he admitted before blinking a little. "Steve would have wanted to be buried in Brooklyn." he agreed. "as for th president he had no right to go against our explicit wills which said so." he admitted. "i'm just glad i removed everything of value from our homes and placed them in my hide hole." he admitted. "or they would most likely have been auctioned off, to line certain people's pockets of course." he admitted with a sneer. everything James had saved was now tucked, safe and sound, here at the tower. including his and Steve's bikes which he was half considering getting Tony to work on. two Harley-Davidson WLA, which started production in 1940. both bikes even had the original leather holster in the front and the packs in the back. even the blackout lights where still in functioning order. well, they would be if the bikes could turn on anyway. "at least they're following Scott's will." he admitted. "i'm assuming Shield has the cover story for why Scott Summers is dead?" yes they did. Scott Summers died a hero trying to stop an armed robber from robbing a bank. there was even video footage and first hand witness accounts. "...hate to tell you this Tony. but the Winter Soldier isn't a ghost Story... Natasha was trained by him you know." he admitted softly. "he shot her right through once. the Winter Soldier is very real... it's just he's so rarely doing anything that people think he's a myth."

“We are if it’s Justin Hammer.”Tony said with such a seriousness, that you almost believed it was true. “...probably. Natasha’s weird like that.”he rolled his eyes before whining a little. “No he didn’t. Mine was immaculate conception, and my mother never had sex with the idiot, and I wont have you saying otherwise.”Tony said with a sniff. “Probably, Mom was great.”Tony snickered.

“Nope. I’ve never met her, and Scott didn’t like talking about her, for good reasons, considering how many times people with the wrong information got our families killed.” Tony shrugged a little before nodding. “I know. And mom knew that, so she made sure things were squared away here in brooklyn, even if they simply ignored it and did what they wanted.”Tony said with a sneer himself, before nodding. “They do. He was stopping a robbery at a bank, got gunned down stopping it.”Tony shrugged before wincing, shaking his head. “I know. I’d heard about that, but it still doesn’t make me feel better about a 50 year old assassin who’s more legend then real. I dislike not being able to figure things out, and the Soldier is so not something I can figure out.”The man sulked a little, sighing.

he snorted a little. "no because Fury will still hang me by my balls for the bad press." he complained, looking amused. "she is weird like that. i blame Hydra." then again, he blamed Hydra for everything, including bad parenting, global warming and the recent economic failure. he blamed Hydra for traffic congestion for goodness sake! "immaculate what? are you making up words again?" he asked curiously. "Maria was pretty great. eve if she was too young to be of any good for sane people." he admitted with a smile and a shake of his head. which was entirely correct, Maria had barely been ten when Howard had first met her at some fancy gala with the 'super twins'. ten years his younger and he'd held no interest in her either until ten years later when she barged into his life.

"well, i suppose we'll meet her soon enough." James admitted with a sigh and a nod. wondering if he had kept his face and name more of a secrete maybe Stevie wouldn't have been kidnapped. "there was stuff left?" he asked, looking confused before touching the double set of dogtags he always wore. his own and Steve's. Tony had given them to him the first day he'd woken up. he'd given both to Peggy before he set off on his last mission, knowing that he would never come back. she must have given them to Maria, who gave them to Tony. "a bank robbery? good way for him to go. i imagine he saved lives even." James muttered with a smile. because most superheros who died where given properly heroic deaths. even if their superhero false identity was raised on a pedestal. "...it's not so hard to figure out." he admitted. "there are currently fifty known ageless persons. Myself being one. Wolverine from the X-men and his half brother Sabertooth from the brotherhood. Phil Coulson is documented as an Ageless. apparently he was one of the governments attempts at re-creating the Super Serum." he admitted. "let's see... in twenty years or so we'll be able to tell if you and Pepper are Ageless from the Extremus. Dr. Strange is an Ageless. who else?" he muttered, head tilted. "well. it doesn't matter, there are an untold number of ways to keep The Winter soldier from aging, even one as simple as the Dread Pirate Roberts solution." he admitted before smiling at Tony. "so. did Pepper get mad?"

“True. But I’ve had bad press all my life, so it’s okay.”Tony snickered before laughing. “Nope. Conception, the creation of a baby with or without sex. Sorta like Jesus Christ, I was born without my parents ever having to have sex, and I don’t want to know any different.”Tony huffed snickering, because he knew it wasn’t true, but he preferred not thinking about it.

“Probably.And don’t start second guessing things.”Tony said giving james that quiet pained look, because he had similar problems, when he’d revealed his own identity, things had gotten complicated. But he wasn’t about to dig into that box of guilt unless james wanted to talk about it. “Yea. A few things. Painting supplies, a few half finished drawings mostly. It’s downstairs in the Cap rooms.”Tony shrugged before nodding. “Of course he saved lives.”Tony smiled a little before whining quietly. “I don’t want to think about that. You guys make my head hurt, cause I don’t know how ageless people will react to things.”He sulked a little because it was hard to predict how ageless people would react to things, simply because they were older, different reactions to things then modern peope. “...Well. As long as they’re as cute as Carey Elwes, I could go for a dread pirate roberts.”He snickered a little before whining. “Yes. Until I told her I was helping you, then she just sorta ignored me and wrangled the board into letting me go back to work while she dealt with the legal stuff.”Tony shrugged a little.

he blinked at the other and then. "you're delusional you know that right?" he asked, looking highly amused.

he shrugged. "second guessing myself just seams to be the right thing to do on days like this." he admitted with a sigh and a shake of his head. "i was hoping you'd do me a favor actually, now that we're on the subject. i have a couple of bikes that need some work done." he admitted. "i'd like to keep them as original as possible though." he admitted before smiling. "half finished paintings? anything special?" an unfinished Captain America poster was about the only thing of real interest. "good. he was a good man, he deserves to be a hero." he admitted. "yes. well, we aught to make your head hurt." he admitted. "even if i'm not nearly as old as some." no matter what manner you looked at it, James was really still only twenty something. he had not been awake once he'd frozen, save to have horrible dreams about the chair, being shot or tortured or other things. even those had been few and far between. since his body didn't age at all, as tested and proven via Bruce Banner, he was still only twenty something. "well. who knows really." he shrugged a little. "in any case, i don't mind Logan, it's Victor who i hate." he admitted. "i thought i was the only cute guy you needed?" he asked with a grin before nodding. "good. i'm glad i was able to get you out of trouble." he admitted with a smile. "well..." he glanced at the clock on the wall. "where is the funeral? when do we need to leave?" he asked curiously.

“True. I know the feeling.”Tony sighed quietly, before perking up, raising a eyebrow. “What?Really?”Tony said nearly drooling at the idea of working on what he assumed was probably WW2 bikes. “I can do that. I can totally fix them.”Tony said eager excitement in his look, before shrugging. “A few of you two together, they look like simple practice stuff, playing around.”he shrugged a little before whining a little. “No you shouldn’t. My head hurts enough as it is. I don’t need help making it that way.”he said sulking a little snickering. “True. I feel weird having a 20 something year old living with me.”He snickered before smirking. “Well, you’re the only cute guy I need living with me. Visiting cute peope are up for grabs.”Tony snickered before wincing, having been putting off getting ready to go, because the man was truly freaked out at the idea of going to funerals. “Now?”Tony said glancing at the clock, sighing softly. “It’s in a few hours, it’ll take us that long to get there.”Tony said as they headed out.

Tony frowned slightly as he pulled his sunglasses around, tense and angsty as they stepped out of the car, glancing at James as they approached the group of both heros and scott’s parents. “I don’t see his widow.”He muttered, looking worried wondering. He truly needed to know what was happening with this family, and trying to ignore the tightness in his chest, not sure why this death, above others, was getting to him.

When it was time for the funeral, Alais Summers smiled quietly, sadly as she watched the heros starting to arrive, watching Scott’s parents moving towards the grave. Settled onto a bench near the river, she smiled softly, quietly to herself. “Scott....I told you they’d all come. Despite not talking to you a lot, you were well liked.”She muttered to herself, sighing quietly, missing her husband so much. Even if it had been less then a day, she felt at a loss without him there. Glancing towards the others, she swallowed thickly, pained. Wondering if going to her own husband’s funeral was worth the argument that she knew would break out the moment his parents saw her. Wanting to go, and yet....

he nodded. "i'm never good for thinking when i'm in this state." he admitted with a sigh and a shake of his head before grinning a little. "yes. really. i tried to turn one on the other day and it sort of... well, wheezed.... i didn't know bikes could make that kind of sound really." he admitted. "outside of cartoons at any rate." he admitted with a chuckle before nodding. "he loved to draw. he was always doing it, even when he was too sick to even sit up on his own." he admitted. "you can keep them, i have a lot of Steve's old drawings." he admitted. "why do you feel so weird? technically speaking, Extremis de-aged you to about twenty." he pointed out, looking amused. "oh i see. well as long as i'm the only guy living with you then... well, no, Bruce can live here too. any luck in getting him to do that by the way?" he wondered, following the other to the private jet.

James slipped his own sunglasses on, looking around. "if what the rumors say are true, she's probably hiding from Summer's parents. dunno why they're so chummy about him now. from what summer's told me, they disowned and kicked him out when he started firing lazers out of his eyes after he was picked on at school." he admitted. "i'm going to go speak to the parents. you keep an eye out for the widow." he ordered, heading over to the elder summers. "Mrs and Mrs. Summers? Scott's parents?" he asked them curiously. "my name is James. i worked with Scott a few times." he admitted, shaking their hands. "he was a wonderful man. i'm sorry for your loss." he admitted. "if you feel up to it, would you mind telling me what happened? the community is at a bit of a loss as to how this happened."

there was a rustle of bushes next to her and someone stepped out, covered completely in black from the top of his nose to the tip of his toes. his bright blond hair was left uncovered as where his soft, dull blue eyes. hands shoved in his pockets while he watched, as if mourning the fallen hero as well. she would not recognize him at all, though if any of the Avengers where to look at him, they would know him instantly through Natasha's few descriptions. the Winter Soldier. proven so by the blood red star on his chest and on his left arm. the only color on him other than eyes and hair.

(while i'm moving i'm going to focus n this one because it's new.)

“Awesome. Well, not awesome that it’s not working ,but that I get to work on it.”Tony grinned looking amused before nodding. “I know. Dad said he drew alot, even when paper was a rare thing overseas.”He smiled a little before making a face. “I know, and that still weird’s me out by the way, but still it’s weird.”He shined before nodding. “I’m working on it, he’s bending some, I think. Might win him over with new lab stuff.”he grinned a little.

“Probably.”Tony sighed a little nodding a little. “Have fun. Better you being nice to relatives then me.”Tony smirked a little behind his own sunglasses, watching james go. “Yes.”Elaine Summers looked up, smiling slightly. “Hello.”Bruce Summers smiled sadly shaking the man’s hand/ “Thank you. And yes, we can.”The man sighed quietly. “He was in Vienna at the royal riding school, having dinner with the ambassador when someone tried to assassinate the woman. Scott did what he’s always done, be the hero.”Bruce shook his head, sighing quietly, despite not liking the woman, he wasn’t willing to badmouth the woman to everyone, at least not at his son’s funeral.

Alais startled, looking up at the blond, frowning slightly. “....Did you know scott?”She said softly, frowning a little as she looked at him. Because for her, masked people weren’t a rarity in her life anymore, people protecting their identities, she knew this wasn’t a normal person.

(ah kay.)

James chuckled a little and shook his head. "yeah you get to work on them. there's two of them." he admitted before nodding. "he's draw on anything, even people if they stood still too long when they where close to him." he admitted with a smile. "it was an outlet. for about two months it was the only way he could communicate at all." he admitted. "after... whatever Hydra did to him he had to remember how to do things, including talking. according to Dr. Erskine-" who had not died under the antique store and was available to help the twins as much as he was able. "he suffered something akin to several strokes in a row." James admitted. "they practically wiped away hus humanity and he had to re-learn how to talk, read, write, all sorts of things." he admitted. "he never forgot how to draw though so when he wanted, or needed to tell us something he drew a picture." he admitted with a smile before smirking. "offer him sex." he suggested. "that might get him here faster, heard the poor guy hasn't fucked since the 'accident' as he dubs it."

"yeah. shut up." James ordered. he was talking to the family for that reason, he could pretend to feel sorry for them and empathetic and kind. Tony couldn't. "Vienna?" James asked, looking shocked. "what was he doing there?" he asked, well aware it probably had something to do with the woman he was married to. "ah, i see... rumor has it that you didn't like his girlfriend... sorry, ah, wife? would you mind telling me why?" he asked, worried. "one of my associates will be talking to her, everything you say will be in strict confidentiality." he promised.

the man paused, going far too still and then turned to blink at her. his eyes where empty. not even Natasha could make her eyes so empty, blank, emotionless as if there was no mind at all behind those baby blues. this man wasn't human, that much was sure. finally he nodded, studying her in a way that almost felt as if he was trying to decide if he wanted to turn her into a corpse as well before turning to watch the funeral once more, determining that she wasn't a threat in any way.

“that’s awesome.”Tony said snickering a little at the idea of steve drawing on people before wincing. “That’s horrible. At least he could communicate some.”Tony smiled a little shuddering at the idea of having to relearn all of it, before snickering. “Hm, I will. Sex should get him here.”he snorted amused.

“Yes, he followed Alais when she got a teaching job there.”Bruce made a face, shaking his head a little. “Wife, yes. And because well....Horse training isn’t a real job, and it’s all she ever talked about. Not to mention it was her...mutation....that allowed her to talk to them, not training.”Bruce said well, at least that proved why neither of the younger summers’ had stayed close when given the chance to move. The older summers’ were just as bigoted as ever.

Alais tilted her head looking at the man, swallowing thickly, tense. Ready to run if he was a danger, recognizing that look, and even knowing as she prepared to flee, knowing that she couldn’t outrun him. Swallowing hard she stood slowly, straightening her black dress, glancing at the man again. “Goodbye....I should be getting over there...”She sighed, rubbing a hand over her face, nervous but needing to say goodbye as the service was about to start.

he nodded a little before pausing and stared at them. "..."he barely managed to keep from saying anything. "so she's a mutant?" he asked. "one that can speak to Equines? that's interesting..." it wasn't in any of their files at all either. "in any case, we might contact you again with further questions if that's alright? i'll leave you to your grief." he promised, shaking their hands again. "he's in a better place i'm sure. he was a devout follower of the lord after all." that wasn't true, but he knew the Summers where extreme Christians so he felt it was better to lie and give them some sort of comfort. even if he did hate them. "well i found out why they hate the girl." James informed Tony. "she's a mutant. an unknown Beastspeaker." h admitted. "apparently she's a horse trainer for the royals or something." he admitted. "you find out anything?"

The man didn't say a word, he just watched the funeral, until she stood. he glanced at her again, appraising her once more before dismissing her once more. he nodded again and leaned against a tree, the only indication he gave that he wasn't going up to the actual procession. he watched her head up to the service where Charles Xavier wheeled over to great her. he had met her many, many tims and thought hr a lovely young woman, more than worthy of Scott's hand. "Alais. i'm sorry for your loss. he will be greatly missed." Charles admitted, gently patting her hand. "how are you doing? aside from the obvious of course."

“Yes.She is.”Elaine said sighing quietly, “That’s fine. Call if needed.”The woman said, watching him go again before nodding. “He was. Very.”It’s such a good thing they were good at lying to themselves. They’d believe anything as long as it fit with their beliefs. Tony raised a eyebrow from where he was watching them, “Huh. Interesting. Amazing she kept it hidden this long really.”Tony said looking thoughtful before nodding, looking at the few mutants who’d come, “I did.She’s staying here in the city. For awhile, at least according to Storm. I thought I’d invite her to the tower if she wanted.”Tony said willing to open his home, simply to give the grieving woman time to find her feet again. Watching as scott’s parents left, raising a eyebrow when he saw Xavier and the dark brunette woman. “I think we found our widow.”He muttered.

Alais smiled sadly as she looked down at Charles, leaning down to kiss his cheek. “Thank you, Charles. And he will be. But he died how he wanted to, being a hero, saving someone else.”She smiled squeezing his hand before sighing quietly, looking down. “I don’t...I feel cut off....none of my family is here...”She sighed quietly, knowing he’d know she didn’t mean the two legged family, but the four legged horses she trained, the special horses she’d bred and trained, hand raised from foals. “I’m thinking of staying here...taking a leave of absence from the school for awhile...”She shrugged a little. “I don’t know really....”she said tilting her head, looking up as she caught sight of tony and james

James nodded. "we will." he promised her. "we'll not bother you too much." he promised her. "more like it's not an in your face mutation. easy to hide." Jams admitted. "i'm pretty sure the people she works for knows." she admitted. "i can ask her once we find her." he admitted. "either way it's not really any of our business. is she really? we should offer her a room, if Xavier doesn't i mean." he looked around, just missing the Winter Soldier leaning against the tree when Tony called his attention to the woman next to Xavier. "damn. she looks just like yer Ma." he admitted. "could b a cousin or something, you think?" he asked Tony. but that was impossible, after all, Maria had been an only child, born to only children. any of Howard's family wouldn't look that much like Maria. James didnt know that though, he had no idea what he'd just pointed out. "well, let's head on over then." he decided, heaving to the woman.

"he died being a good man and nothing more." he said with a smile. "a good man like him could not have stood back and let someone be hurt in front of them." he admitted. "i know. you'll be back with them soon enough i imagine. i was hoping you might stop by the institute. one of the Mares we have, has been acting oddly." he admitted. "we of course, always have a room open for you, should you decide to stay with us." he assured her. "you must do what feels right to you, my dear." he admitted to her. "if you think you would do better here for a while, then stay until you feel as if you don't need to be here anymore." he suggested before smiling at James and Tony. "Tony Stark and James Barnes." he explained to her. "Iron Man and Captain America. they both have worked with Scott before, James more than Tony." he admitted. "i have o doubt Tony will likely offer you a place to stay as well, if only because he feels it would honor Scott's memory."

“Probably. Considering what she does for a living.”Tony shrugged a little before smiling slightly. “It really isn’t, but it’s no fun minding our own business.”Tony pointed out before nodding. “We will.”He said before frwning, looking startled, and confused. “...she...does...”Tony stuttered slowly, looking a little lost. Utterly weirded out because his parents had been only children, which had been a rarity, and why no one had truly questioned why tony had never had a twin. Twitching a little, putting that mystery aside for the moment before nodding, “Let’s.”he said heading for the two.

“Well, true.”Alais smiled a little before nodding. “I will.Really?”She frowned, looking worried for the horse, distracting her from her grief, before nodding. “Thanks Charles. I will stay for awhile...I think...I think I’ll travel. Maybe see what kind of horses I can find while I’m here....Scott always did enjoy watching me find new ones.”She smiled slightly, sadly, before looking up at the other two, tilting her head.”Truly?” “Truly. Though Scott’s glasses were fun to redeisgn.”Tony smiled a little, “And the professor is right. If you get tired of dealing with the students, I have plenty of guest rooms in the tower.” “Thank you...I’m Alais.”Alais said smiling slightly.

"yeah, but she could keep it hidden fairly well too so who knows." he smirked a little. "well, that's true." he agreed with a chuckle. "it is boring pretending to mind out own business." he admitted. "what's wrong?" he asked Tony, his head tilted. how was he supposed to know that Howard Stark had been born with a stillborn twin? or that his mothers sister had died in a car accident when they where two? "Tony?" he asked, a bit worried about the other, following him to Charles and the poor Widow.

"yes. she doesn't seam to be ill or hurt in any way, she's just been acting up." he admitted. "if they had the same way of thinking as we do-" he knew fro Alais that horses didn't think the same way humans did, he didn't really understand the difference but he trusted her pinion on the matter. "-i would swear she was throwing a temper tantrum or something." he admitted. "she won't let anyone ride her. she'll allow a blanket on her back but not a saddle, she'll allow a bit-less Bridle or a guideline but she won't allow a regular bridle with a bit. she also has developed a nasty tendency to bite anyone who tries to brush her." he admitted. "we thought she might have a back or a mouth injury, but the Vet didn't find anything." he admitted, shaking his head. "a complete mystery considering that ust a month ago she was the most docile and sweet horse we had on campus. we used her for the new riders, since she was so laid back sh didn't spook when the children did." he admitted before smiling. "well, we do have a new Percheron." he admitted. "it was a rescue, still a bit thin but it was an excellent motivator for the students to understand how mistreating an animal can have severe long lasting damage. he's a bit too big for our Stable however." he admitted before smiling at Tony and James.

"he spent a week on them. drove me mad because it's all he talked about." James admitted, offering her a smile. "James Barnes, it's nice to finally meet you. Scott always spoke about how amazing you where. i have to say, i'm majorly impressed with the fact that you managed to get into the Royal Riding school as a teacher!" he admitted. "Stevie, my brother... he used to absolutely love the horse shows. we managed to get a seat in one of the shows back during world war two. it was all he'd talk about for two weeks." he admitted with a smile. "this idiot is Tony Stark, since he always forgets to introduce himself." James admitted with a smile before he scowled at the Summers. "a shame about the in-laws thugh.... i don't understand how they can be so bigoted about their own son..." he muttered unhappily. "Scott saved lives and all the care about is that he was a mutant." he huffed. "and of curse that he was a proper christian..." "...i don't recall Scott bing religious." Charles admitted, looking surprised. "oh, he wasn't, but i figured even if i hated them, i'd give them the comfort of a lie." "James..." "okay so mostly i just wanted to lie to their faces." James admitted, making Charles chuckle.

(i keep forgetting everyone has twins XP)

Back
Top Bottom