Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fixers (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

"Yeah..." Luce mumbled, nestling her head against Rayna's chest. "...She's okay, I think she's just a little worn out...come on, help me," she said, arm around Rayna's waist. "You're going to have to drive, buddy...I can barely feel my heart beating."

"Sure..Luce." Was this...really Luce? He didn't have time to worry about it. He picked up Rayna, and when she didn't make a sound he could only assume she was asleep. Afterwards, he helped Luce to her feet. "Hold onto me. I'll get us all into the car and home safe."

"Yeah...these were handy," Luce mumbled, holding up one of the daggers. "I think they're better in your hands than mine, though..." she said, shifting to adjust for Rayna too as they made their way out of the hallway. Someone would want an explanation for all this, but they'd be long gone and their contact would handle that.

"Yeah...well I lost a couple of my knives, so they'll be a nice replacement." He said with a chuckle as she helped Luce into the car and then put Rayna in the back seat with her. He rounded to the drivers side and got in, starting it and then immediately pulling into reverse before heading back onto the road. Shit, he was tired.

Rayna didn't feel much better when they got into the car, but she knew why...and there wasn't much she could do about it. She drifted in and out of sleep and consciousness as Aernir sped down the road. The familiar scent of their shitty place hitting her nose. The door opened, and...it was Wizard. A silver case in his hands.

"Shit," Wizard said, hand on her forehead. "She looks awful...your guys vitals went fucking haywire, what in the hell happened?" he said. They couldn't wait, she needed blood now. He was already working on getting the needle into her vein and getting a blood packet going.

"Magic happened, Wizard. We had to fight a couple demons, that's really all I can tell you. I am confused, Rayna would no more about it than me, but..." He placed the girl on the couch and shook his head. "She's sleeping. Ask her when she wakes up."

"Luce's lost a lot of blood..." Wizard said, making sure the packet was going through. "We might be cutting it close with her," the blood would help her body function...it was a pain in their line of work, but an acceptable expense when she could heal through a lot of things. "...Quite the mess, huh?" he sighed. "...You guys smell awful."

"Luce is tough. She'll make it." Aernir said, scratching the back of his head. "And yeah, we smell awful. Was pretty much a blood bath. It was messy, Wizard. Don't complain when you didn't have to go through it." He watched Luce closely. He may have pretended like he wasn't worried, but he was. Rayna probably would have died if Luce hadn't shoved her out of the way..that thing really was determined to kill.

"Yeah...well, get cleaned up, alright?" Wizard murmured. "I'll keep an eye on things here," he said, glancing at him. Hm, those blades seemed...new? They kind of weirded him out, though. "...Spoils of war?" he asked idly, motioning to the daggers.

"Yeah. Don't think I'll throw these ones. They're kinda special. Came from two demonic women that had looks out of this world. Would totally let them fuck me and steal my soul if they were into that. Turns out they were just into killing people though." He smirked and then walked away, leaving Wizard with that thought.

"...Magic," Wizard mumbled, rubbing his head with a weary sigh. Nope, he wasn't going to drift into that world...he was just going to make sure Luce was okay. Good thing he brought a few bags, she had lost more than he thought...

Rayna eventually woke up, and she immediately thought about Luce. "Luce?!" She sat up from the couch and looked around, not immediately recognizing where she was. Though it didn't take her long to see Wizard with her. "Is she okay?!" She asked in a panic.

Wizard almost jumped three feet when Rayna woke up, Luce's expression was neutral in the chair, head lolled forward a little.

"Yes, Rayna...she should be okay." Wizard assured gently. "Her body just needs time to work, it's going to be a while before she wakes up still. She lost a lot of blood."

Rayna looked down at her and then she suddenly started to tear up. This was her fault. Luce had to push her out of the way because she hadn't paid attention. "...Oh. I...can I just hold her other hand?" She asked as she tried to hold back her hand. She still hadn't thanked her for pushing her out of the way. She wished she had noticed that she hadn't killed Carmello in the first place.

"...If...if you want," Wizard mumbled. Not that he could actually say no to a face like that...he scratched his head heavily in confusion. Ah, well...nothing he should be worried about, he thought. "Get some rest, too, okay?" he murmured. "She should be up sometime tomorrow."

"Okay..." Rayna said, though she wasn't going to leave Luce's side. She sat down at her feet and held her hand, snuggling up to her body. Even when he was finished with her blood transfusion, she didn't let go of her hand. She just wanted to hug her.

Ugh...fuck. Her head was killing her, her stomach was grumbling...it took a minute for the neurons to fire on what had happened, but she remembered...and god, did she smell. It had been a day or two since the whole thing had went down, and Luce had been hibernating herself into a healthy little sense of awakening. She rubbed her forehead a moment, her body sore and stiff.

"Ugh..." Luce grumbled. "...Fucking starving..."

Rayna had only left her side to go to the bathroom and shower. Aernir had tried to get her many times to just...at least sleep somewhere comfortable. But she refused to listen. She slept by Luce, ate by Luce...pretty much never left her side unless she had to.

Hearing her voice, Rayna immediately woke up from her nap, picking herself off the makeshift bed Aernir had made for her. "Luce!" She cried out, hugging her and disregarding the odor that came from her body.

"Oof!" Luce grunted, leaning back on the chair. "Rayna! Easy!" she hissed a little. "I'm tender!" It...felt really nice to have Rayna hug her, though. There was a wave of relief that she was safe. Guess her stupid plan had worked after all.

Rayna started crying her eyes out, not letting her go despite Luce's pained screams. "I'm so sorry, Luce. I'm sorry! Umm..thank you! But I'm really, really sorry!" She sobbed.

"Hey, hey!" Luce siad, hands on her shoulders. "Easy! Calm down! I'm okay! Everything is fine!" she insisted. "Stop blubbering all over me! I'm fine, it's okay!" she wasn't exactly sure what she was even apologizing for, but Luce was freaking out enough as it was, she didn't need help!

"B-but..you were like this because of me..." Rayna released Luce finally and looked up at her, tears streaming down her face. "You pushed me out of the way and got hurt...this was all my fault...I'm sorry, Luce!" She rested her head against her lap and started to sob. She really felt bad. Guilty. Even if the others didn't blame her, she didn't care. She would have never forgiven herself if anything happened to Luce because of her.

Luce sighed heavily, hand on her head. "Rayna...kind of part of the job," Luce mumbled. "If you can't handle the fact that we're going to get hurt, then you need to find another job besides Fixing. This is just how the life is. I thought you were a little tougher than this?"

"I know that, but you got hurt because of me. I didn't expect you to save me like that...and get hurt while doing it. That's all. I feel really bad..." Rayna told her as she rubbed her tears away from her face. "I wouldn't have cared if I were the one to get hurt. I would have deserved it for letting my guard down."

"Get over it," Luce said dryly. "We're part of a team, this is kind of a thing that's going to happen. So either you buck the fuck up or stop sobbing like a girl, this is a part of our job. There's going to be times where you save my ass, and I save yours again. It's what a team does."

Back
Top Bottom