Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Asset (Avengers) Moon/Lady

FoxWriter

Cluster
It was a warm day, a day in Summer perhaps. Time and Seasons didn't matter much to The Asset anymore. Not really. Temperature mattered to a degree. If it was too hot, or too cold he could not function at an appropriate level. He could still get the job done, even if he was working in sub zero temperatures but it was best when he was working in slightly cool or slightly warm environments. He didn't really have a preference, he was a computer after all, a machine. He was The Asset and nothing more, preferences where an indulgence he did not take part in. opinions where heavily discouraged and he didn't particularly like having options anyway. All he needed was the Mission. Of course, that was why he was standing there, instead of working towards his Mission. He was experiencing something new, something that...felt. He had emotions of course, dull ones. He was pleased when a mission went well. He could feel fear when a mission went badly, and relief when he was settled into his cyro-tube to sleep free of nightmares until the next time he was needed.

This was something new. He stared at his Target. THE Target. Steve Rogers, A.K.A Captain America where he was battling with some sort of odd lizard that was the size of a hatchback. He was the only one there, it was an easy mission apparently if only Captain America was there. From the video clips his Handlers had shown him, Captain America was typically with a large group of people who claimed themselves as the Avengers. They where very bad at what they did. Quite inefficient. Their programming was poor, but they managed to win most of the time. If they lost, they just regrouped and did it again and again until they did win. It was... admiral. Pathetic, but admiral. These emotions though, what where they? Why did his Target feel so familiar and... precious? He felt the sudden swell to protect his Target, instead of complete his Mission and it had frozen him in place for almost an hour. Captain America was done and was speaking to the pests that where the Police. Pesky little pests. They where one of the few things that Bucky did have an opinion of. Well, he thought it was an opinion, maybe it was just something his Handlers had programmed into him. Why did he have such... emotions? Why could he not pull his precious gun and take the shot?

He didn't know. But he was going to find out one way or another. Perhaps this Steve Rogers had his own codes inside his programing and made it impossible to attack him? Maybe this Steve Rogers was using a magic or a computer programing on himself somehow? He wasn't sure, but the Avengers where weak. He couldn't harm the Target but he doubted the rest of those silly, inefficient cretins where so protected. He would take a new Target. It was not in his programming to make such decisions, he knew. He was sure it was Steve Rogers fault that he was going against his programming but he could not return to his Handlers without finishing his mission or he would be punished. If he failed his mission he would be punished, and punishment was the only thing the Asset was afraid of. He turned away from Captain America, and focused his attention on a new Target. The weakest of the Avengers. Tony Stark. It wouldn't be hard to grab the pathetic pest. He was only impressive when he was covered in the red metal. It only took the Asset ten minutes to find his chance and kidnap the man. A cloth full of Chloroform and a bare minute of holding the struggling, probably screaming creature and the Asset had his new Target. He actually felt a brief twinge of disappointment. That had been way too easy. He wasted no time in returning to his hideaway and had the Target attached to a chair with ropes inside of a abandoned butcher shop. He had the Target locked inside the meat locker, it was warm enough in there without any running coolers, and it was well ventilated. The Target would wake with a hell of a headache, but what did the Asset care about that? he didn't get those things, or if he did he never noticed them. there was the added bonus of that the Target could not get out of the locker, even if he managed to free himself from the ropes and chair. being encased in metal, concrete and plaster had the added benefit of blocking all satellite signals. no cell phones, and no nano-bite aided super suit.

Tony woke slowly, feeling drugged and pissed, in a off sort of way. Aware enough to know that his head was killing him, that he was a little cold, but not enough to really be discomfort. Rocking slightly when he figured out he was tied to a chair he swallowed hard, he knew this was going to hurt like hell, but he could do it. After all, he’d spent time with the super secret awesome spies who tied him up for fun. He might be the weakest of them out of the suit, but they’d made sure he was able to protect himself...even if he had no idea what was going on, or where he was, or who had him. Tony stark could at least be ready for this. Rocking the chair back he cursed as he hit the ground, felt his shoulder pull, cursing as it dislocated. Then cursed even louder as he realized whoever had him had tied him up so that all he’d done was hurt himself, instead of giving himself enough space to wiggle out. Glaring from his place on the floor he watched the door, waiting to see whoever was going to come in, because he had no doubt that whoever it was, would come after him. Either after the recently removed arc reactor, the tech for the destroyed suits or... Yea, everyone always wanted something from tony stark.

Meanwhile back at the tower Pepper’s heels clinked angrily across the tiled floor of the tower, glaring at Steve when she caught sight of the captain. “Where is he?!He promised he was going to be at the meeting and he never showed. I knew letting all of you move in after he gave up the hero act was a bad idea.”

Bucky watched Tony struggle and tip himself backwards. silly little program, as if the Asset was so poorly trained to allow the Target to escape. he examined the shoulder through the camera inside on a little screen. dislocated. he'd have to fix that. or not, he didn't really care. the Target was not very important, simply a source of information to be used and then discarded. he pondered the best way to go about things, he had a rather limited vocabulary, he knew he could talk, he had before. but it had been a long time and he wasn't sure if he could formulate the appropriate vocabulary anymore. he would have to practice making words. ugh, he hated talking. the would make The Target suffer for this indignity. he worked on a few phrases until he felt he could get his message across properly before he headed into the freezer and opened the heavy, barred door and shut it behind him turning to examine Tony before pulling his chair back into it's proper position. "i am The Asset." the words where thick, he knew they where, but he was sure the Target could understand him. "You are the secondary Target and will answer my questions, or suffer. do you understand!?" he demanded, examining Tony. "What power does The Target, Steve Rogers, the Captain America wield?" he demanded, eyes narrowed at Tony.

Steve looked up from his paperwork when Pepper walked in and he narrowed his eyes at her. "he's not here. last i saw him, he was heading to that oh so important meeting." Steve stated simply. "besides, we moved in before he gave up the superhero act." he stated. "it's your own fault for moving back to New York instead of staying in California." he stated. he wouldn't say it aloud, but Steve didn't like Pepper much. "Jarvis? where is Tony?" Steve finally asked and paused when Jarvis was silent. "...Jay?" "...i am unable to locate Sir at this time." "...didn't Tony place a tracking chip in himself after he was kidnapped the first time?" "Yes Captain Rogers. i am unable to receive a signal from the Chip, nor from Sir's cellphone or other technologies." Steve blinked, looking shocked. "...uh... Pepper?" Steve asked, turning to look at her. "...i think Tony's been kidnapped again."

Tony froze a little, swallowing hard, worried for a moment when Bucky walked into the room, his eyes flickering up to study the man, before focusing on what was really interesting instead of what the man was saying. No one could ever accuse Tony Stark of not having his proprieties straight when his life was in danger. “...Who made your arm?CAn I see it?”Tony said doing a little shimmy, trying to move the chair so he could get a closer look as Bucky picked him back up using the metal hand, twisting his head a little to try and see. “Capsicle? He’s a disappointed puppy. That’s his superpower.”Tony said narrowing his eyes back, and despite being weaker and knowing he was at a disadvantage, no one could claim tony stark wasn’t still a mouthy sarcastic tech obsessed bastard.

“That wasn’t my fault. Tony wanted to come back.”pepper said scowling a little because she knew tony had only returned because they were here, not because he particularly missed new york. BLinking slowly, her stomach tightening with dread and fear she looked at steve, nodding. “I think your right. I’ll get the others.”The even angrier clank of her heels hitting the floor sounded as she went to round up the rest of the avengers.

Bucky stared at the other for a long silent moment. that... was not a typical response. clearly the Targets programming was full of holes, or maybe he had a virus or something. he blinked at the man and then examined his arm. he hated it really, it often ached in cool or damp temperatures which made it difficult to complete his missions. he supposed it wouldn't hurt to let the Target see the arm. his Handlers would make him a new one if it was broken. he held it in front of Tony's face, letting him examine it. eyes only of course, he made no move to untie the other. "What protections does he have?" The Asset demanded furiously. "Why can i not shoot him? has he an override protocol? a Magical spell?" he demanded, scowling at Tony. "Speak or i will hurt you. Tell me why i cannot carry out my mission!" he demanded, words coming a little more slurred now. not in the 'i'm drunk' sort of way but in the 'i have a speech impediment' way.

he rolled his eyes. "yes, well. you do realize it was cruel of you to dominate his life like that." he stated simply before shaking his head. "don't bother. Jarvis! have everyone assemble." "it has already been Done Captain Rogers. Colonel Rhodes and Mister Hogan is also on their way." Jarvis promised, making Steve nod as he stood up. "set up a city wide sweep. look specifically for images of Tony." "Yes Sir." well at least Steve had adjusted to technology well enough. "we'll find him soon enough Pepper, and Tony's smart. i'm sure he wouldn't be stupid enough to antagonize his kidnapper..." here he paused, realizing that he was wrong and Tony really would do that.

Tony tilted his head up to look at the metal closer, frowning as he shimmied a little trying to see the socket where it hooked into his arm. He really was obsessed when it came to tech, to the point of life endangering moments. “You don’t have a good range of motion do you?I mean, it looks good, but it’s not perfect. And your sense of touch is gone isn’t it?I could totally fix that if you want. I mean, you’d have to let me go but-”Tony stopped frowning at the other. “uh, he has his shield. That’s fairly hard to shoot through....and override?The man hates computers. Wouldn’t know a override command from a CRTL ALT DELETE command.”Tony frowned before tilting his head, listening, taking the words, realizing the other was upset, wondering if he really should be goading him. “Mission?What mission?And if you tell me it’s to shoot his spangly, tightly muscled ass, I’m going to totally take back the offer of new tech. No matter how much he dislikes me, I do like having the living legend around most days.”Yea, definitely something damaged in that brain...that and he’d been kidnapped to many times for this to really bother him.

Pepper paused turning to look at him, snorting a little. “Tony Stark doesn’t know the meaning on not antagonizing people. He’s been kidnapped to many times to not being a sarcastic, annoying, bastard when it happens.” “/....Tony’s been kidnapped?”Natasha said as her and clint ghosted into the room, moving as silent as ever.

The Asset frowned a little at Tony and examined his arm. how had the Target known that? he had enough motion to do what he had to do for his missions, but in Day to day life, the arm was more if a hindrance than anything else. "i don't need range of motion or sensation to carry out my mission." he stated simply. "i do not know what Control Alt Delete is." he informed tony. "you are clearly insane and are of no use to me." he growled, annoyed. "you are an idiot." he stated simply. "you will tell me how to kill The Target Steve Rogers or i will remove your fingers! a knuckle at a time until you do give me the information!" he warned, moving over to a corner and pulling up a pair of bolt cutters and setting them on the table a little too close to Tony for comfort. "speak. now." why was this Program not reacting properly?! everyone was afraid of The Asset! this... thing just sat there and looked at him like HE was the one being questioned!

Steve grimaced. "yeah... i know. still, he wouldn't have been kidnapped if they didn't want something from him. he won't be killed or they would have done that in a public, crowded location, probobly from a distance." Steve admitted. "whoever kidnapped him probobly wants his technological genius again." he admitted. "we think so. Jarvis can't find him, so it's the most likely scenario." Steve admitted to Natasha as Clint followed her in, Bruce and the others following close. "Jarvis is on it?" Bruce asked, pulling up the feed of what Jarvis was doing on his Stark@ Tablet.

Tony frowned a little, “No, I guess you don’t, but it would make it easier. I mean, it can’t be that comfortable.”Tony muttered his mind already turning over ideas and thoughts on what he could do to fix that,even under life threatening moments, he couldn’t help it. “I’m not insane.”he whined a little before frowning, “....Not sure he can be killed really.”Tony said studying him, swallowing hard as he looked at the bolts, frowning at the man in front of him, almost, almost understanding why this man rang a bell, the accent almost like one he knew, it was almost there...but listening to him talk was making the memories waiting for him, slip through his fingers. “You asked why he was affecting your mission. Tell me about it, cause I can’t tell you why he’s fucking you up without knowing everything.”The man said approaching it like he would any other problem.

Natasha frowned as she looked over the tablet she’d pulled up to, “I found him. Or at least the last feed jarvis found.”she said bringing up the video to the main screen so everyone could see, not wanting to show just how worried she was as she watched the scene playing out.

he narrowed his eyes. "My handlers have ensured i have everything i require to stay alive and complete my missions." he stated simply. "i need nothing else." he wasn't sure why he was telling the Target all that. he supposed it didn't really matter. "...all things can be killed." he stated, wondering if maybe that was why the Target wasn't any use. he didn't know how to kill the Captain. "..." there was a long pause ad then spoke. "It is my task to kill him. he was in Sight earlier, while fighting some sort of giant lizard in the streets. i had him in my cross hairs. it should have been easy. too easy. boring. most of my missions are. i couldn't pull the trigger, i don't understand why. i have never failed before. how could i have failed!?" he demanded. "it was an easy shot. i have never failed to shoot before. but i could not pull the trigger..." he paused. "...perhaps it is a glitch in my programming?" he wondered cocking his head. "perhaps i need to be reprogrammed... it must be... i wasn't supposed to kidnap you. it was not a pert of my mission... not a part of my program..." he muttered, pacing back and forth in front of Tony before stopping himself. he wasn't supposed to pace. it was a motion that had no purpose.

Steve looked over her shoulder and scowled as he watched the dark shape appear out of nowhere and press a cloth tight to Tony's face, watching Tony struggle. "...that man looks familiar." Steve muttered. "very familiar." he admitted, watching as the kidnapper simply headed into the basement where they lost all traces of him. "he went into the sewers." Clint commented. "smart..." he muttered. "this is a master. he does this kind of work a lot." Clint muttered. "i might be able to track him if i can get into the sewer before all the traces are washed away."

“...”Tony shrugged even if he was sure it would be easier to do if the arm was better, but he wouldn’t say it. Not when things were going more sideways. He could focus sometimes. “I don’t know how to kill him, seriously.”He said studying the other man, wincing a little as he realized his guess had been right, the man had been sent to kill captain. Maybe he could talk his way out of it?The man seemed confused. “Captain draws strong emotions. Even if you don’t like him, you tend to want to.A glitch that’s American shaped...”He shrugged before sighing softly. “If it’s a glitch, I can fix glitches. You take me back to my tower, I’ll even let you hold me hostage there, but I can totally help fix it.And not to mention, Captain would be there. You can ask him yourself.”The man said studying, wondering at this man, and what was going on, and almost recognizing what he was seeing before frowning slightly, no....surely not. He’d heard rumors, of course he’d heard rumors but....”Are you the winter soldier?”He asked, because if that was who he was dealing with, he wanted to know, and he wanted to know how the fuck he’d survived since WW2.

“I agree. But its like he’s changed since I saw him, I can’t put a name to it.”Natasha muttered watching before looking at clint, “Let’s go then. We’ll leave the others here on call, and see if they find something of us, but let’s go see if we can track them.”She said already checking weapons and such to make sure they were all there and in place.

The Asset shook his head. "Of course he can die. he's only human. just another useless program that is operating outside of it's boundaries." he stated simply. "i do not have Emotions. i am a machine, a program, The Asset does not have emotions." he stated, tone flat, but it wasn't true. even now he was afraid and confused and agitated and upset. too many emotions. he wanted to go back to his handlers and let them wipe him clean again. he had to finish his mission first or he would be punished, and he feared the punishment. "i am not to interact with The Target." he stated, glaring at Tony. "it is against my programming." he complained, not realizing he was interacting with a target. he should just be asking questions and shedding blood, not having conversations. "...you can fix my programming?" he asked, studying Tony intently. he couldn't trust the Target of course, but the sweetness of emotionlessness was a very deep desire. could this program give that to him? and The Target would be there. he could have his emotions wiped away and then finish his Mission and go back to the cyrotube... "...i am The Asset. i have been called The Winter Soldier." he admitted. "How do you know that name?"

Steve nodded as Clint examined the picture before he paled, gripping Natasha's arm. thankfully, Steve didn't notice as Clint dragged her out. "that's the Winter, fucking Soldier!" he hissed once he was out of earshot of the others, his voice low just in case. "what would the Winter Soldier want with Tony Stark!?" he demanded of her, eyes wide. "he's supposed to be nothing but a legend! a myth! he's not supposed to actually exist!"

"If hes human so are you.ujless you really are a cyborg,which would be awesome and depressing all at once,because I totally wanted to be the person who made the first human-machine crossover."tony said nt rewlizing that he was affecting the other. He'd always pissed off people,made them talk to him so he couldn't see this was out of ordinary."you're interacting with me, you know."he pointed out because sometimes tony just couldn't shut up."Im tony fucking stark.I can fix anything. I'm a engineer,fixing things is my speciality."he said though he wasn't sure he could, the man was utterly confident he would want to try. Paling a little as the assest confirmed his guess he made a face."I'm a billionaire genius worki.g for a secret spy organization when I'm not playing at being a hero. Knowing about the fucking legend who's almost as old as the captain is par on course. The fact you actualy exist...."he trailed off."I have the urge to make a game of thrones 'winter is coming' joke,but you don't look like you've had sex in years and that would just be cruel."okay maybe he couldn't be serious.

Natasha cursed quietly in russian as she realized why the man had looked familair, walking a little quicker."I don't know,but I'm eager to ask him. Lets go get tony before he decides to be tony, and blows up whereever he is sky high."

The Asset glanced at him, looking a bit confused. "Cyborg?" he asked before shaking his head. "no. i am human. simply a reprogrammable one. i am superior to the rest of the race." he stated. "emotionless and with purpose. i am the perfect Machine." he didn't sound proud, it was as if he was just stating something he had been told over and over until it became a fact. when he was informed that he was interacting, he reached out with his flesh hand and backhanded Tony across the mouth in a rare sign of fury. he forced himself calm immidiatly after and cursed whatever Glitch The Target had instilled in him. "...You work for Shield." he muttered suddenly. "yes. you could fix my programming." he muttered. "but can you be trusted i wonder?" he muttered, head tilted. "are you broken?" he asked suddenly. "you say your not insane but the words that come out of your mouth make no sense." at least The Asset's words where getting a little clearer. he seamed to have regained more control over his tongue. "...Sex?" he asked, blinking a little. as if he wasn't sure what that was. but something niggled at the back of his head, a naked body rubbing against him, his mouth rapping around a long thin cock...

Clint nodded as he headed for the car and sped to the location, following the trail down into the sewers just as he'd anticipated. "... here, look. drag marks." Clint muttered, touching the places where Tony's shoes had dragged against the scum in the sewers. "...they went this way." he muttered, following the occasional scuff mark or hand-print on the wall where the Winter Soldier steadied himself around corners. and then the trail died. "...they must have gone up..." he muttered, frowning. "but there's no ladder here.. fuck. i think we've been led on a goose trial... that fucking bastard!"

"You don't sound happy about that.sorta like how I was superior with the arc reactor. Just something id been told."tony said even as he braced for the hit wincing as blood filled his mouth from the hit glancing up at the other as he spit it out."would it help or hurt to say that your better at that then most people who kidnap me?"tony said before nodding"well get me out of here then Ill work on reprogramming."tony said before laughing."I can most definitely not be trusted,but do you have any choice if you want to know about the target and get reprogrammed?"he asked before shrugging."your not the first person to think I'm insane. And I make perfect sense,its not my fault you dont watch tv."tony said looking interested as the words became clearer."yea sex.you know,the act of fornication,the horizontal tango, getting naked..."tony stared at him."t
You poor deprieved fool if you haven't had sex.you might want to take that up with your bosses,get laid."

Natasha was quiet as they walked cursing as she realized clint was right."fuck..we should have considered he would fake ud out.."she raised a hand and put in a call to steve."any other sightings?it deadended here.give us spmething."the silent please elft unsaid.

there was a pause. "Arc reactor?" he asked, his head tilted before he reached forward and tore Tony's shirt in half and examined the mass of scars there. no Arc reactor. he examined the blood filled spit and examined Tony. "i suppose it makes me feel better." he admitted to Tony's admittance to the hit hurting. The Asset felt a brief irritation on his own hand and knew he himself was bleeding. cut himself on the Targets tooth no doubt. he didn't care. it wasn't a wound to be concerned with. he hesitated, he didn't want to let the Target go, it was SO against his programming. but, he was tired of the Glitch, he was afraid and he didn't like that sensation at all. then the Target started speaking of sex and he felt something very, very new. it started in his gut and crawled down to his penis. it almost felt like he needed to pee but... not, different, good. he liked this sensation. "Sex is not needed for my existence." he stated simply, ignoring the nice feeling in his loins. "you will reprogram me. or you will die." he warned. "slowly and painfully while everyone you love watches." he warned before he untied Tony.

"...sorry Natasha. there's no sightings yet..." Steve admitted, sounding frantic before he gasped. "no! there! Tony's walking out of an old abandoned meat shop and the Kidnapper is behind him! down in Brooklyn!" he stated. i've got eyes on them and will give you directions. you got a car!?" "not yet, give me five minutes to hotwire something." Clint ordered heading for the nearest ladder and was pleased to see they where also in Brooklyn. "in the car, hurry!" Clint ordered Natasha as he started working on hotwiring the machine. it took him seconds. he'd done it far too often not to be good at it.

"Yep.huge pain in the chest,literally."tony said wincing as his shirt was ripped apart,startled and tense because it really had been a long time since he'd had someone besides pepper looking at it."sex is definitely needed for existence. The fact you think it doesn't just proves your a idiot."tony said wisely watching the other looking startled as he was let go."well that's nothing new. Shes used to me nearly dying on her..."tony muttered as he rubbed his shoulder the dislocated joint aching as he followed the assest out of the room."so,car or subway?"he asked wondering where the hell they were.

"What?hes walking out?"natasha said startled eben as she followed clint sliding into the car following directions and staring at the siht in front of her.Tony really was walking around with his kidnapper though he did look at little worse for the wear.

"Hey.look our rides here. Lets go."tony said looking up at him."do you have a namr ot am I calling you winter?"

The Asset sighed as he realized the arc reactor was gone. damn, that would have made his life easier. he could have taken it and gone back to his handlers. they would have been pleased enough to forgo punishment. oh well, the Target would fix him... or die. simple as that. "Sex is not needed for existence. if it was, i would be required to partake in it." he stated simply. "as i am not, you are wrong." he informed him. "good. then she won't interfere." The Asset stated simply as he studied the other, suddenly grabbing Tony's shoulder and popping it back into place, ignoring Tony's startled scream of pain. he had bad programming. he suddenly doubted in the Target's ability to reprogram him. "we will walk." oh boy, that was going to take a while.

"...Toy must have talked his way out of it, or maybe the Winter Soldier needed an upgrade or something? they say he's a cyborg. why not get the worlds best technician to fix any problems he might be having?" he muttered. "of course. that's if he's actually a cyborg... or is it android? i'm never sure..." he admitted with a shake of his head. "...Tony's hurt, but he doesn't look too hurt. nothing life threatening at least." he muttered as he pulled over and rolled his window down.

"...i am The Asset." The asset stated dully as he examined the car. "You will take me to the Targets workplace for reprogramming." Clint glanced at Natasha. "...i KNEW it." he whispered. "the winter soldier is a robot!" "...shut up and drie or i will kill you." The Asset ordered, making Clint lift an eyebrow. "you don't have any weapons." "i don't need them. drive." "bossy."

"You're life must suck badly if you don't think sex is necessary.I live with the assasin twins,you could totally find out how good sex can be from them. Super scary assasin sex...sorta sounds like a por-fucking hell!"he yelled as his arm was put back into place glaring before sulking."must we?the towers a long way from here.."tony whined a little.

"Maybe...that would actually be a logical reason for kidnapping stark."natasha frowned trying to figure it out before nodding."his shoulders hurt but you're right,overall not horrible."she relayed to steve just so he'd relax some before focusing on the tony and the soldier.

"I am not calling you the assest! You are winter...wintery...ice...hmmm I'll think of something."tony said in the middle of debating names when clint's window was rolled down."hes not a robot.just needs new programs with his emotions,nd fucking hell,I'm fixing your arm while you're here to,because that inferior piece of shit shouldn't exist." "...and we're going to the tower because?"she said calmly as if wondering if tony was concussed in considering taking his kidnapper home."csuse I said I would."tony said simply as they climbed int rh car.

The Asset just stared at him for a long moment, clearly wondering if Tony was insane after all. he popped the others shoulder back into place partly because he hoped it would make the man shut up. oh look, it worked! sort of. "we must." well wasn't he a tub full of sunshine and joy?

"and the Winter Soldier is nothing but Logical according to myth." Clint pointed out before studying tony. "looks like he got smacked in the face too. twenty bucks says Tony was lipping off at him and Mr Winter smacked him one." Clint stated with a small snicker as he let her handle Steve, who handled Pepper.

"i am The Asset." the Asset repeated, eying Tony before turning his attention to Natasha. "is he broken? or... malfunctioning in some way?" he asked. "retarded maybe?" he asked, ignoring the pang that warned him he wasn't supposed to be talking to her. but he was curious about the way the Target was acting. now he had four targets though. he was going to have to kill them all. no one was allowed to know for a fact that he was alive after all. "My arm functions as it needs to." the Asset stated, sounding just a little bit annoyed. Clint just shrugged and drove to the tower after another firm 'Drive' from the Winter soldier. the asset looked at the mighty tower with trepidation. he didn't like it. The Target was up there. he had a feeling, which he wasn't supposed to have in the first place, that i he stepped in that Tower, he wasn't going to leave. then again, he wouldn't mind death. a soothing forever sleep. might as well. either he'd be fixed and go about killing everything in his path, or he'd die and be released from the hellish torment that was life. a win win.

"No bet.you know as well as I do that's exactly what happened."natasha said rolling her eyes a little.

"No no your not. If you don't stop protesting I'm going to name you something stupid like sweetums or pumpkin-" "no.this is how he nornally is. Hes quite brilliant really. Though you couls have given him a concussion and that's why hes being so manic."natasha said thoughtfully looking thd two over."and no it doesn't.its fucking sfupid and I'm fixung it so shut up."tony ordered making a face as he climbed out of the car heading for thr elevators,so obviously not worried about the winter solduee being in his tower you knew he was actually very worried about it.

he stared at Tony. "i am The Asset." he stated again before turning his attention to Natasha. "if i break his arm, will he cease speaking?" he asked, clearly considering it as an option. "if i cut out his tongue, will it effect his ability to reprogram me?" he wondered, Clint paling a little. "yes. it would. it's done through verbal commands." that was a lie, but The Asset seamed to buy it before he made a small frustrated sound. "i did not strike him with the force necessary to cause bruising in his brain." The asset stated simply. "My arm works perfectly fine." but he knew it didn't. of course it didn't. they didn't care about his comfort so long as he could complete the mission. said mission that was now barely a thought in the Winter soldiers head. it was too busy being flooded with other... thoughts. oh how he hated thoughts. so much. he knew he could probobly shut them down himself, he just needed to center himself. but it would take days, even weeks for him to do it himself. better to let this... stark, person try first.

"Tony... i have issues with you bringing your kidnapper here... and even more issues with the fact that he clearly hasn't showered in years and is wearing a mask that he probobly shouldn't be able to breath through!" Steve protested, Bucky's fingers twitching, a Gun in hand, pressed to Steve's head, pressing hard against that pale skin. his finger hovered over the trigger and those eyes narrowed, furious as he realized he still couldn't pull the trigger. "when i have had my glitch fixed. i will kill you." "you see! this is why we don't bring crazy men back home with yo...." Steve paused for a moment and then turned to stare at Bucky. "...do i know you?" "i am The asset. my mission is to kill you." he narrowed his eyes at Steve. "somehow you have infected my programming. you will tell me how you did so." he ordered, making Steve blink. "i don't know what programming is..." "...is he mocking me?" "no. he really doesn't know what that is. he's not from this time." Clint explained. "...all people are programmed. all people must go through programming." everyone in Hydra was programmed. brainwashed and controlled. even the scientists. so The Asset was, of course, suitably confused to realize that these people had not been 'programmed' in any way.

“...No.”Tony said simply rolling his eyes at the man, clearly not threatened, or at least if he was feeling it, he wasn’t showing it. “Well, then this is him just being him then.”Natasha said watching tony for a moment. “No it doesn’t.And you know it.”Tony scowled at the asset. “I’d let it go, Asset. He’s not going to let it go as long as your using inferior tech. He’s sort of obsessive about it, you wont get reprogrammed until he fixes that.”Natasha warned watching, staying with them, hovering really.

“It’s my fucking tower, Captain. I’ll bring whoever I want into it, and make him shower to. Does that make you happy?”Tony scowled, his annoyance showing through now, the mask cracking, showing that despite his calm he wasn’t doing as well as he pretended with being kidnapped. “...Fucking hell!You two are insane. Truly. Winter, no shooting the Captain. Steve, stop being a ass.”Tony ordered shaking his head. “No, Winter, he isn’t. And no, not all people are programmed. Which is why I told you I might be able to fix you. But I’m sorta liking this Winter better then you being all cold and weird. So, we’re going to fix your arm first, before anything else.”Tony hummed a little, looking around, hoping to get them moving before-Wincing as he heard the angry tapping of heels. “Cap, Clint, can you show him down to the lab and wait with him?I’ll be right down.”he said wincing as he turned to look at Pepper.

“Anthony Edward Stark, what the hell do you think you’re doing!?Bringing your kidnapper home, like he was a lost puppy, have you lost your mind!”Pepper hissed, instead of yelling, which was actually more scary really. “No I haven’t. I’m curious about him, and I bring all curiosities home.” “Not this one!He kidnapped you!” “And he let me go so I can help him like I promised.”Tony said, and you just knew that he was setting his heels down about it. He might do alot of things, be fairly insane about some things, but he’d never broken a promise if he could help it. Hell, he still was keeping his promise to not build more iron man suits, and it’d been nearly two months. Even if it was driving him insane, because he had so many ideas!

The Asset scowled a little at Tony before he decided to ignore them all and turned to watch the world outside the window. "...fine. so long as he reprograms me." The Asset ordered, suddenly sounding as tired and frightened as he felt. "these... Feelings are unwelcome." he admitted as he followed Tony into the Tower. "...no Tony it doesn't make me happy!" Steve protested. "he HURT you!" "i only slapped him. once." there was a pause. "he sustained damages when attempting to escape. i fixed him." he stated, tucking the gun away, back to it's hiding place. "..." he turned to stare at Tony, startled. "all people are Programmed." he stated. "i have seen it. every year they line up and are programmed with new software. it is Hydra's best technology, and makes all Loyal to Hydra without fear or question." "...i hate to tell you this, but that's not programming Asset. that's brainwashing." "...i do not understand that term." he turned to fix Tony with a stare. "you will fix me." he ordered before following Clint and Steve who made him get in the shower before he did anything else. the Asset hated taking showers. it hurt, a lot. the warm water getting into the electrical circuits of his arm, making them crack and spark. worse, he couldn't use the metal arm well enough to wash with, so he had to do it all with his flesh arm, which was difficult and a hassle. he stepped out and looked for his armor and felt cold as he realized it had been taken. he'd never been without his armor before. instead there was a pair of sweatpants. probobly for the arm thing. well. it would have to do. he pulled them on and ignored how naked he felt as he moved into the other room. Clint sighing as he realized the Asset hadn't dried himself at all. he grabbed a towel and ignoring all protests, scoured him dry. "sit there and wait for Tony." Clint ordered, indicating a medical chair. he did as ordered. he didn't mean to of course, but he fell into a light sleep, letting his mind reset itself a little. the emotions and fears fading into the background as he dozed. he hated to admit it, but he felt... content here.

“I’ll try, Winter.I will.”Tony reassured his eyes going soft for a moment, seeing what the other’s hadn’t, probably because they were focusing on him being kidnapped, but tony who’d made a life out of hiding how he was feeling, could see others hiding. “I dislocated my own shoulder pushing over a chair. He really didn’t hurt me more then a punch, and I probably deserved that, well unless you count him putting my shoulder back in place.”Tony twitched before frowning, shaking his head a little at the asset’s words. “No. Not out here they don’t.”Tony said slanting a glance at Natasha who nodded silently, already ghosting out of the room to go dig around the archives and files to see what he could find. Before nodding slightly at the man’s words.”I’ll try.”He promised watching him go

By the time Tony made it downstairs he looking haggard and pissed, nearly two hours having past before the fight had winded down enough to let Tony walk away. Looking tired and battered as he walked into the lab, he tilted his head slightly as he looked at man sleeping in the medical chair, not getting closer even as he settled at his desk, whistling high and loud, not willing to get close enough to startle him awake, but wanting him awake anyways.”Winter, time to wake up.”he ordered once the man blinked awake.

"...Only you would hurt yourself in a battle situation." Steve scoffed, rolling his eyes as he relaxed, realizing that the Soldier really hadn't done much damage to tony. a dislocated shoulder and a smack to the face that hadn't even bruised. he had to admit, he'd wanted to slap Tony across the face more than once, he could understand why the Soldier had done it. "..." the soldier wasn't sure what to do with the information that most people didn't get programmed. was Hydra lying to him? he knew he was just a grunt, a machine, a killer... but he was only that way because America and Shield where... where what? now that he thought about it, Hydra had never said what America was doing, what Shield was doing. they just insinuated that it was bad and that they where evil, the bad guys. he opened his eyes two hours later, back to that blissful emotionless state he preferred. but the thoughts continued, swirling around in his head as he tried to figure out what was right and what was wrong. before, Hydra had always been right, Hydra had been law. good. now he was starting to doubt. he went to pull his hair away from his face, using the metal arm instead of his flesh and it seized on him, water still clinging inside the metal made the arm spasm and the Asset cried out in pain. it was the only time he was allowed to show pain was when the arm misfired like that. mostly because the scientists realized that he couldn't stop himself from reacting as the arm electrocuted his very nervous system. it was like trying to ignore someone pulling your perfectly good teeth out with a pair of pliers.

Back
Top Bottom