Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Majestic Tale of a Box and a Uniform (Starring Froggy and Nexs)

CaptainNexus616

Super-Earth
Once there was a war. A war to determine the sake of all creation. It had one name fitting for where it took place. The Time War. Between the two mightiest races to have existed. The Daleks of Skaro, a race of twisted organisms in robotic shells with no emotions save for one, hatred.

images

Their opponents were the overseers of history across all of the stars in the universe, The Time Lords of Galifrey.

images

Their war of suffering, hatred, and surivival caused the greatest casualties. Whole civilizations lost, planets, even species. All lost before the fires of battle. Including one small planet, one that held the oddest parasitic of species wiped out in the destruction of its planet....or so it was assumed.

-Ten thousand years later......Tokyo Bay...Honno City-

Honno City...some would consider this artificial city island a float in Tokyo Bay an architectural marvel of how far humanity has come. Others however have a different opinion why would your placement in the city be determined by a school's ranking system? More less when it seemed the students had more power over the school then the actual staff! However those thoughts were not occupying many of said students who were currently en route to said school. However what did concern some was the Blue Police Box from the 1960's standing right in the middle of a street in the slums.

TARDIS.jpeg

“Aah!” The scream echoed about the house, rousing everyone within its walls and then some. Nevada jerked into an upright position, strands of hair flying about her shoulders while she tried to figure out what’s going on. “Nevada! We’re going to be late!” Noriko, the girl whose family had taken her in when she needed a place to stay, threw off the comforter and placed both hands on her hips. “You can’t be late on your first day, now, can you?”

Nevada sent the black-haired beauty a blank stare, obviously not too fazed by the idea. “Why not?” she finally asked, a yawn interrupting her question in the middle. Chestnut brown curls cascaded forward when she tilted her head back under its influence, mouth stretching very wide. “The first day is nothing special…”

Noriko’s brown eyes narrowed. “Don’t be that way, Nevada! Come on, get dressed! I know you don’t have an uniform yet...but at least look somewhat presentable. Hurry up!” Grumbling under her breath about the injustice about it all, Nevada made her way onto her feet, arms stretching high above her head in order to work out the aches and sore spots sleeping brought. I swear, that girl is so weird at times...she thought, yawning again before changing.

Ten minutes later, both girls were rushing down the road, one most enthusiastically than the other.

“Slow down, Noriko! We have plenty of time to get there!” Nevada called out. While Noriko wore a prim white uniform with blue trimming, Nevada wore a black skirt that went down to the middle of her thighs, and a neat white blouse. It was the best she had, under such circumstances. Her black bag hit against her hip with every step. All those brown curls were not restrained, but rather, left alone to be played with by the wind. Her chocolate brown eyes noticed the 1960s Police Box standing in the middle of the street, and curiously tilted her head. What in the world…? she thought, before being rushed to move faster. It wasn’t long until Honnouji Academy came into view, the walls looming over the city below.

-Honnoji Academy Classroom-

Soon the morning bell rang and the students scrambled to their seats in an attempt to avoid the wrath of the school's disciplinary club leader. Whom everyone claimed his official size was in fact 'bigger than everyone else' something no one wanted to put to the test. As the students filled the seats within the medium sized classroom and began to chat with one another did the latest rumors begin to run amok.

"Did you hear about our homeroom teacher?" One girl within earshot of Nevada said to another student.

"No what is it?" a boy asked

"Heard he was fired something about secretly being a nudist or whatever. The Student Council didn't want that kind of man around children he could have been a predator." She said as another girl giggled.

"Awww I wouldn't have minded I thought he was kind of cute" the girl said as her friends sweat dropped looking at her in disbelief.

"Then who is going to be our teacher then?" the boy asked as the door to the room was suddenly opened gaining everyone's attention. Stepping through the threshold was a woman who appeared to be in her early thirties entered the room with the air of elegance surrounding her a strange thing with warm and kind look her eyes radiated.

"Good morning class" She said fluently in Japanese despite the still audible British accent present as the words left her mouth. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am your new homeroom and history teacher." She said settting down her bag along with her duster coat on her desk before turning to the board snatching a piece of chalk up in the process before she began writing her name on the board. "I am Professor H.G. Wells. You can call me Ms. If you would prefer." She said kindly with a smile gracing her lips. "Any questions?" the new teacher asked watching the students

A Nudist? What's wrong with him being a Nudist, as long as he didn't expose himself at school? Nevada and Noriko exchanged looks, the former curious, the latter more sympathetic.

Rumors spreading like wildfire, Nevada was relieved when the new teacher walked into the classroom, for the simple reason that all the exaggeration could stop. All the speculation was starting to drive her nuts. Resting her chin in the palm of her hand, she studied the thirty-something year old woman, noting the warm look in those dark eyes. It was rather… well, unexpected, seeing as how most teachers at Honnouji Academy didn’t bother caring once they realized that they didn’t have any power.

“Good morning, class,” she said fluently in Japanese. “Allow me to introduce myself. I am your new homeroom and history teacher. I am Professor H.G. Wells. You can call me Ms. if you prefer. Any questions?” the woman asked this time, having written her name on the black board.

No one raised their hand, but Nevada did find her interest piqued. Not bothering to raise her hand, she leaned back in her seat and spoke out loud.

“What sort of sane person would want to work here?” A few students gasped, looking around quickly for the larger-than-life disciplinary club president. Tension rose in the air, almost thick and plausible. Nevada didn’t much care, and instead kept her eyes locked on the new teacher.

“Nevada! That’s not very nice!” Noriko scolded, she herself looking around for the man who enforces discipline through whatever means necessary. “Don’t you think you’re being a little rude?”

“No, not really. It’s a simple question, isn’t it? Besides… it’s not against school rules to be asking questions.” Nevada lifted both arms, fingers running through the long curly brown locks tumbling down over her shoulders. While the other students had hair as black as a raven’s wing, hers was a rich chestnut brown, from her father’s side of the family. Sharp brown eyes closed for a moment, before focusing on the matter at hand.

The whispering died down, only to be replaced with curiosity and an expectant air. Nevada leaned her head back this time, exposing the curve of her throat, not to mention a blue sapphire teardrop glittering right between her collarbones. For a moment, she was tempted to lift her feet onto the desktop, to get into a more comfortable position...but she decided not to. After all, she didn’t know how strict this teacher was yet...and it was better not to push boundaries until you know where they lay. A smile tugged at the girl’s lips, mischief glistening within her brown eyes. “Well? Are you gonna answer my question?”

Hearing one of her student suddenly speak up did H.G. raise a brow curiously at the question. However before the new professor could reply it seemed the girl's desk neighbor tried to talk her out of it. What's more it seemed that her fellow students acted as if they committed a sin with the question. Once the whispers died down and the girl now identified as Nevada by her friend wanted an answer did H.G. speak.

"Now whoever said I was sane Ms. Nevada? I never did." H.G. said with a similar mischievous smile gracing her lips. Pulling a book out of her bag and setting it down on the desk. "No young man I am not a nudist" H.G. spoke not looking up from her book. The young man the same from earlier who was talking about the former teacher gaped. "I'm crazy not deaf I have pretty good hearing" she said looking up before grinning.

"Since this is the first day I'll let it slide. Sorry your fantasy of seeing your pretty new teacher naked isn't happening" she teased as the boy suddenly blushed beet red while several of the other students began to laugh. "A lot of you were thinking the same thing weren't you though" H.G. said crossing her arms under her bust with the smile still present as she watched the laughter die and more red faces appear.

"Now then any more questions before I take Roll and bore you with class?" She asked specifically looking at Nevada.

Figures. Another crazy teacher. Nevada let her chin fall back into her hand, brown curls tumbling down about her features. Why does that not surprise me? Only question is… why would she be here voluntarily...if she has brains behind that pretty face? It’s obvious that she isn’t as crazy as she claims to be. With a yawn, she closed her eyes for a moment, her mind going in a hundred different directions. At the question thrown at her, Nevada opened one eye, focusing on the teacher.

“No more questions on my end. Besides, I wasn’t the only one thinking it.” Nevada didn’t much care for authority, obviously...especially when such respect hasn’t been earned. Never have, never will. The light reflected off the girl’s face, bringing out little details one wouldn’t normally notice under different circumstances. There was a little freckle in the corner of her right eye, and her lips were full...pure temptation. Those lips pulled into a light frown, their owner glancing out the window to the outside world.

I’d much rather be somewhere else, than inside… Noriko brought out her lunch, chowing down with vigor, seeing as how she had to miss breakfast. Luckily Nevada wasn’t all that hungry, or else she’d probably be doing the same thing. Her eyes tore away from the window, flicking from one student to the next, though not up front where they should be. After a moment or so, she did focus on the blackboard, reading the name written there. H.G. Wells… I wonder what the H.G. part means?

Noriko’s head fell forward, drool creeping out of the corner of her mouth. Nevada bit back a laugh, and instead just shook her head instead. Her arms crossed over her chest.

H.G. smiled as she called out the role listing off each name to the best of her ability. Several occasions a student corrected on a preferred name they are regularly known by. On other instances some had to tell her how the name was properly prounced despite her efficeny in speaking Japanese her British accent did hamper her slightly.

With the role out of the way H.G. sat down atop of her desk and pulled out her history book to begin the lesson. However while she went over the lesson something out of the corner of the Professor's eye caught her attention. It was a young man with large messy brown hair sitting near Nevada. The poor lad was shaking as if he had been out in below freezing weather. Despite her concern for the student H.G. did not focus on the boy knowing she was probably about to find out.

Sure enough not even five minutes later did H.G. receive her answer as the door was sent flying off of its hinges and smashed into the other side of the room. Now that was overdramatic and H.G. definitely knew what dramatic was. Leaning forward on her desk H.G looked out into the hallway. "Oi any reasons you feel its neccassary to damage my classroom on my first day here?" She asked casually before a sparkle was seen followed by a man...a very big man with blonde hair clad in a student uniform with three stars imprinted on the torso. What was strange was the way it seemed grew bigger after entering the room.

Closing her eyes H.G. closed her book shut and set it down before looking back at the student. "Is there something I can help you with Mr?" She asked not a hint of fear in her voice from the larger male.

Nevada tuned out role call, not really interested in something so trivial. New as she may be to Honnouji Academy, she already knew everyone’s names, and how things ran. It didn’t take long to figure things out. Satsuki Kiryuin was in charge, don’t cross the disciplinary committee, and you’ll survive your high school years. Simple as that. After letting out a soft sigh, she opened her eyes when the new teacher sat down atop of her desk.

History class began in the 1930’s, when Hitler decided to invade the Soviet Union. It was a bunch of boring facts, really, with no one paying that much attention. Nevada noticed a kid with messy brown hair next to her, trembling as though he’s freezing half to death. That was impossible, of course...but his actions told a different story to her. Ah...so what did you do, to tick off the Disciplinary Committee? she wondered, coming to the conclusion that she’ll find out sooner or later. Ironically enough, her thoughts proved to be true when the door was sent flying across the room, smashing into the opposite wall.

Well, that certainly didn’t take long. Nevada appeared unfazed when the man entered the room, wearing the Three-Star Goku Uniform...not to mention seeming bigger after entering. The others, however, tensed with nervous anticipation. “I’m on official business!” Ira Gamagoori yelled, certainly not minding the teacher’s authority...or lack thereof. That said, he directed his attention onto the class with a fierce expression. “I’m Ira Gamagoori, Disciplinary Committee Chair! Students of Second Year Class K!” Now he started walking down in front of the students, arms behind his back. “We have determined that there is someone who intends harm against Honnouji Academy among you! Explanations will fall on deaf ears! This person will be punished immediately!”

Isn’t that about normal for the Disciplinary Committee? Nevada met the man’s gaze evenly, not bothered by him moving his weight around, or anything concerning him. Abruptly, the young man beside her stood up, raised his arm...only to throw down a smoke bomb. When the smoke cleared, he was gone, as was Ira Gamagoori. There was sure to be chaos later on...but Nevada knew he deserved it, if he did steal a One-Star Uniform. Shaking her head, she fixed her desk, and sat back down into it.

H.G. watched curiously as Gamagoori spoke to the students his entire presence spoke of authority. Suitable for the position the student held, just the thought that this giant of a guy was a student forced H.G. to suppress a short. When she heard Gamagoori spoke of immeadite punishment did the warmth from her features vanish in an instant. So that was how it worked here guilty before trial. What was the reason for the theft, did they even know why?

Then the room was covered in thick smoke courtesy of the smoke bomb the boy threw. That explain s her earlier observation. Once the smoke cleared H.G. followed her students who were all gathered at the window watching as Gamagoori sky dived to the courtyard below to cut off the thief. "Students" H.G. said her voice void of emotion watching the scene unfold below as the boy was being mercissley beaten. "Class is dismissed." She said.

Without another word H.G. turned grabbing her duster coat pulling it on as she left the room. She needed to hurry this Gamagoori fellow certainly was not someone who gave a tap on the wrist as punishment. Sadly by the time H.G. reached the courtyard she would find herself too late. The boy was slammed into the wall above the entrance naked with blood surrounding his imprint within the wall. "Oh bloody h**" H.G. whispered under her breath finding her feet moving towards the child.

"Out of my way" H.G. said before she actually pushed Gamagoori out of her way while he dusted the uniform off. Off course the Head of the Disciplinary Committee barely budged but the Professor did not care. Approaching the child H.G. hurried to catch him as his body fell from the human snapped hole. "Please still be alive.." She said placing her ear to his chest, no heartbeat. Picking up his wrist she checked for a pulse any hint he was only injured. Nothing the boy was dead, even if he was a thief he didn't look no older than sixteen far to young to feel death's cold embrace.

"Oi!" H.G. said standing up her glare fixed on Gagmoorgi. "What the bloody daylights were you thinking?!" H.G. snapped she was so enraged at the child's death that she was actually reverting to English.

Meanwhile back in the he classroom several of the students still present watched the scene wide eyed. "I think that answers your question." A boy said to Nevada. "She is definatley not sane if she is standing up to one of the Elite Four Devas" he said thinking they may lose another teacher today.

“Students,” H.G. Wells spoke, voice devoid of emotion, while her eyes watch the scene unfolding far below. “Class is dismissed.” The students didn’t move from the spot, engrossed in what was happening...but Nevada’s gaze darted to the teacher at once. Oh no… what is going through her head…? Teachers have no power here… There’s nothing she can do, except teach, and ignore the injustice behind it all… Didn’t she realize what it was going to be like here, before she decided to teach…? Figuring not, she let out a sigh, and decided to follow H.G. Wells out of the classroom and out into the courtyard.

The sunlight was blinding, given the time, and Nevada shielded her eyes for a minute in order for the brown pair to adjust. Once she managed to see, it was obvious where things were heading. Gamagoori had already retrieved the One-Star Uniform...and the student was naked, stripped of the uniform, and bleeding from several lacerations. It was a harsh reality, seeing as how this was a school and all...but it was a reality all the students were used to already… even her.

Nevada leaned against the nearest wall, keeping her eyes peeled. Several pieces of brown curls fell forward, right over her left eye, casting shadows on her features. Ms. Wells rushed forward when the student fell onto the ground, an imprint of his body in the wall. There was a great deal of blood… his death guaranteed. “Sad…” she murmured under her breath, shoving her hands into her pockets. However sad it was...the kid asked for it, in her opinion. If he hadn’t went on and stolen a One-Star Uniform...he never would have caught the Disciplinary Committee’s attention.

Gamagoori didn’t look too happy about the situation. Here was Ms. Wells, pushing him aside -or rather, trying- and looking for a heartbeat. A minute or so later, it was obvious that he was no longer among the living. Rage filling the air with its fiery touch, Ms. Wells lifted her head, openly glaring at the larger man. “Oi!” she called out, coming to a stand. “What the bloody daylights were you thinking?!” This can’t be good… Nevada thought, already moving forward to see what can be done. It was apparent that this teacher was not sane, not in the slightest, much like the boy from their class pointed out to Nevada...but at least she was sane in the sense that she stands up for what she believes in.

“Ah, Ira Gamagoori,” Nevada finally spoke up, giving a respectful bow towards the man -even though it made her stomach twist, doing so- she lifted her head and this time smiled. “Please excuse Ms. Wells… Today is her first day, and she doesn’t know how things work here at Honnouji Academy…”

If you know what’s good for you, you’d walk away and never speak about it… Nevada thought, keeping her hands down so that he couldn’t see her fingers twisting into her skirt. It may not be right, but...you can’t do anything about it, not without fearing for your life… Hardly any one speaks up against the Student Council, not without living to the next day.

Gamagoori's large imposing form glared at Nevada as she tried to explain H.G.'s angry outburst towards the Disciplinary Committee chairperson. Sadly however it would take more than a rushed apology from a student to quell the anger Gamagoori was feeling from both the theft and this new teacher showing him none of the respect he normally expected from the staff. Looking at Nevada he glared at the student before grabbing her by the collar of her blouse and pulling her up to his eye level. "Then allow me to state them." he growled at her before throwing her directly at H.G. sending them both crashing to the ground from the force generated by the toss.

"Student's of Honnouji Academy. Listen up!" Gamagoori said at the top of his lungs as the students gathered around the windows continued to watch the scene below. "As long as Ira Gamagoori draws breath, this academy's rules will stand firm!" he said his eyes not leaving H.G. or Nevada while he was addressing all of the students it was clear this was mainly meant for the new teacher. "The ironclad rules created by Student Council President Satsuki Kiryuin!" Gamagoori shouted as a bright light suddenly illuminated behind him prompting the giant to turn towards the top of the school where a figure was standing.

Raising one of her hands to shield her eyes H.G. was able to make out the silhouette of a woman with long flowing hair holding what she assumed was a sword in its sheath as if it were a cane of sorts. It didn't take a genius to figure out that must be who Gamagoori was ranting about. While Gamagoori was ordering the students to salute H.G. helped Nevada to her feet before she glared at the woman whom acted as if she was the queen of the school. Stomping the butt of the sword's sheath into the ground Satsuki spoke. "Fear is Freedom! Subjugation is Liberation! Contradiction is Truth! These are the Truths of the World!" She declared from her perch in the sky. Surrender to those truths you pigs in human clothes!" she demanded before her glare narrowed towards the new professor. "You will live longer that way...Professor Wells." she stated.

For a moment H.G. said nothing watching the light die down and Gamagoori retreat before the corners of her mouth slowly tugged into her mischievous grin. "We'll see about that." she said under her breath. "Game on." she added before turning to look at Nevada and release a sigh to expel the remaining pent up anger within her. "You shouldn't have gotten involved young lady." H.G. stated "Else you may have shared a fate similar to his..." She said motioning to the corpse of the boy.

Nevada didn’t cower under that impressive glare, unlike most students of Honnouji Academy, but rather returned it with one of her own. A large hand descended, fingers grabbing onto the collar of her blouse before lifting the girl clear off the ground. Chocolate brown clashed with russet, sparks almost flying between the two pairs. “Then allow me to state them,” Gamagoori growled, throwing her directly at the new teacher when he said his piece. The sudden collision forced a grunt from Nevada’s lips...shock and pain joining hands and just making it all that much worse. Dust rose and enveloped the scene…curling, coiling, and hiding everything from view. That didn’t last long, however, for it had to settle sooner or later. Many students exchanged nervous glances.

“Students of Honnouji Academy! Listen up!” Gamagoori yelled at the top of his lungs, his words carrying out over the entire campus. “As long as Ira Gamagoori draws breath, this Academy’s rules will stand firm!” Nevada felt his eyes on her and H.G. Wells both, and lifted her chin to meet that gaze evenly. “The ironclad rules created by Student Council President Satsuki Kiryuin!” At the name, bright light suddenly illuminated behind him, prompting the large man to turn around and look up to where a figure was standing. Oh, great… Here we go… Nevada thought, almost rolling her eyes at this point. Her lips tugged into a scowl, one hand lifted to rub some dirt off her cheek.

A young woman with long, flowing black hair and cool, calculating eyes looked down at the students from atop her throne… holding onto a sword almost as though it was a cane. The No-Stars and One-Stars hurried to salute Satsuki, Gamagoori doing the same, only with a distinguished air. Nevada accepted the help from her new teacher, and noticed that there was dust in her hair, on her blouse, in her skirt...everywhere. How am I gonna wash this out? she wondered, doing her best to brush it off. A click echoed, demanding attention. “Fear is Freedom! Subjugation is Liberation! Contradiction is Truth! These are the Truths of the World! Surrender to those truths, you pigs in human clothes!” Her glare zeroed in on H.G. Wells, and there was no mistaking the contempt within those blue eyes. “You will live longer that way...Professor Wells.” An open threat from the Student Council President on the first day of teaching? Not bad…

The light died down, Gamagoori and the other students retreating. Nevada stuck her tongue out at his back, but didn’t do anything else, or else she’d catch his attention. “We’ll see about that,” she heard the teacher murmur under her breath. “Game on.” Huh...I like how she thinks. “I know I shouldn’t have, though...who else would have?” she threw out, giving a lazy shrug and thrusting her hands back into her pockets. “No one. You don’t deserve to die on your first day. Besides, I know how to avoid that fate…” With a nod, she indicated the boy’s corpse. “I hold out my own. I push buttons, but I don’t do anything too dramatic. Now...mind telling me again why a teacher of your intellect chose to teach at this crazy school? Did you just not do your homework?” Those brown eyes locked onto H.G. Wells, not budging in the slightest. Her hat was slightly askew, casting shadows over the right side of her face.

H.G. shrugged her shoulders as she finished brushing the dust from her coat. "I did my homework I knew the risks coming here." she said casually. "My reasons for coming here are my own Ms. Nevada as I am sure are your own reasons for choosing such a dangerous place to attend." H.G. said her dark eyes meeting Nevada's chocolate ones as the warmth in her features returned.

"I just ask that if my life is threatened by that large chap again do not get involved. After all I tend to have a dramatic flair about me that could ruin your subtle ways." She said teasingly before pulling out her pocket watch. "I should be going...." H.G. said suddenly. "I dismissed the class with no assignments tonight. You just need to worry about your others is all." She said before giving a small bow. "See you tomorrow." she said before turning and taking her leave.

As H.G. left she looked down in her hand where a small piece of thread was wrapped around her index finger. It wasn't easy to find a spot but it was more than easy enough to pull the string free from Gamagoori's uniform when she had pushed him earlier. The brute was so distracted by his rage at the moment H.G. could have lifted his wallet and he would not have known any better. "Now...my little friend." H.G. said to herself getting on the rail car heading to the slums. "Lets go see what makes those Goku Uniforms so special." She said with a grin.

“Uh huh…” While the first part had to be true, Nevada doubted she knew the full extent of the risks she was about to embrace. Both hands buried very deeply into her pockets, the girl lifted her head, tilting it back in order to get hair out of her eyes. The chocolate brown pair revealed behind a veil of curly locks, she focused on the teacher finally, a sharp look making its mark on her features. “I just ask that you don’t let your guard down...or endanger your life again, by getting involved in things. It’s just plain annoying.”

It wasn’t entirely true...but it wasn’t entirely false, either. Nevada noted the dismissal, but didn’t pay it any mind, instead choosing to follow this mysterious new teacher of theirs. There was obviously a few skeletons in the closet...figuratively speaking, and she wanted to know what they were. Keeping to the shadows, Nevada evaded detection with great skill, and peeked out when she noticed H.G. Wells approach the rail car. Where is that teacher going, when she should be teaching class? came the thought, curiosity coloring the mental question.

Nevada tied her hair back into a messy ponytail, several strands falling forward to hide her eyes while she boarded the rail car. There was numerous people on board, so luckily there was no suspicion about her coming on, nor any questions asked. Quietly she sat down in the very corner, keeping an eye on H.G. Wells, and on their destination. This teacher has to be hiding something...either that, or she has a hidden agenda written down somewhere… Question is, where, and why… Nevada thought, not speaking up or anything so that attention wouldn’t be drawn to her.

H.G. sat quietly in the front of the rail car keeping to herself and not even making eye contact with another individual. It was only when they approached the slums did H.G. finally break her statue like appearance and rose from her seat departing from the rail car after paying the toll. "Have a good day" She said to the driver as she left.

With her hands in her coat pockets H.G. headed into the lower districts politely moving through crowd after crowd of citizens with the only distinguishing trait to separate her from the rest was her long billowing black coat amongst the others who's clothing looked a bit rougher and worn down.

Turning the next corner H.G. smiled reaching her destination. It was none other than the blue police box Nevada had seen earlier that day standing in the middle of the street. Approaching the box H.G. reached into her shirt and fished out a small chain necklace with a plain steel yale key attached to it. Inserting the key into the lock H.G. was about to turn it only for her cell phone to ring all of a sudden making her halt her actions. "Hello?" she asked answering the call turning away from the box. "Oi now?" she said sounding somewhat irritated. "Yeah...oh alright I'm coming..." H.G. said with a sight shutting her phone and proceeding to head back the way she came not noticing where Nevada was hiding in the process.

Meanwhile following her announcement to the subjects she ruled over with an iron fist, Satsuki had a strange feeling when she looked at the new teacher and the student who stood up in H.G.'s defense. Something was bothering the Student Committee president immensely and that concerned her. The eyes, that's what was bugging her. They say the eyes are the windows to the soul an old folk tale that seemed to yield some plausible truth. When Satsuki glared down at Nevada she saw something unusual....fire. The fire of a spirit that should not burn that brightly under her domain. The other one...H.G. Wells that name alone was odd. Why on her world was there a woman going by the name of a male science fiction author from over a hundred years ago? It would seem she had a new task for Hoka Inumuta to perform.

Alright... What is this teacher up to? Nevada may not get straight As when it comes to school, but she can tell when something's not quite right. Her fingers tapping a rhythm against her thigh, those dark brown eyes darted from one person to the next, just basically keeping an eye on things. The luxurious buildings bleeding into the slums, the rail car jarred to a stop, almost sending many people out of their seats. Amidst the chaos, Nevada noticed H.G. Wells finally break her statuesque appearance and rose from her own seat. With her hands in her skirt pockets, Nevada followed 'Professor Wells' into the lower districts, a familiar sight to the young woman.

The next corner turned, Nevada almost stopped right in her tracks at the sight of a blue police box. H.G. Wells pulled something out from underneath her shirt, taking it and inserting it into the lock. Okay... That isn't creepy at all... she thought, a note of sarcasm leaking into the words. Before anything else could happen, though...the ringing of a cell phone broke through the silence. Nevada almost cursed under her breath. Really? Really now? Just my damn luck... Brown eyes flashing with indescribable feelings, she made sure that she was still hidden from view, fingers tapping out an agitated rhythm against her hip this time. Music was never one of her skills, given how she can't seem to hold onto an instrument without breaking it...but it was something she loved.

Something doesn't add up here... Nevada noted, a breeze playing its fingers through the girl's brown curls. First, that strange police box appears...and now...this new teacher. Her eyes narrowing slightly, she thought about confronting H.G. Wells -if that really is her name-, and demanding some answers... only to discard that idea on the spot. It would be too easy to say it was nothing, that she was just imagining everything... No, she had to see something incriminating first, before making an appearance. That mindset set in place, she toyed with the blue teardrop glittering at her throat, peeking around the corner to see if Professor Wells has moved.

H.G. had resumed her stroll down the street leaving the Police Box well behind her as she turned another corner heading for the Market within the Slums. It was mainly a terrible site to see where many were attempting to sell what little material possessions they owned in the rundown stalls just for a small scrap of food. H.G. looked sadly at several of the people she passed, so this was what life was like under the rule of the Kiryuin family in Honno City? A terrible punishment for those who failed to bow before a Student President and her will.

Stopping her pace for a moment the Professor's eyes saddened when she saw several little boys all covered in dirt and wearing oversized clothes behind a table that was almost as tall as them with several old toys on it. The oldest boy of the siblings no older than ten was standing in front of it while the two younger ones were trying to draw attention. "Excuse me Ms.?" the youngest approximately four years old said gaining H.G.'s attention. "Do you want to buy one of our toys?" he asked obvious signs of malnourishment present. "Please Ms.? We are really hungry." the oldest boy said as H.G. looked at each of them with saddened eyes.

"Sorry I am not interested.." H.G. said as the boys heads dropped a bit before she smiled placing something on the table. "Here take those to the pawn shop and keep your toys to enjoy." She said with a wink before continuing on her way. As Nevada would catch up she would see the kids were each holding a gold coin with a strange marking of a constellation imprinted on both sides. With excited looks in their eyes the boys quickly closed shop and were on their way to the nearest pawn shop.

Finally H.G. stopped at a sushi shop where a man stood with messy blue hiar pulled back and wearing a dress shirt and tie while tucked under one arm was a package. "I'll take it you are H.G. Wells? " the man asked with a grin as the Professor nodded.

"And I'll take it your the former teacher that is a nudist." H.G. said as the man chuckled a bit nodding his head.

"You guessed correct Ms. Wells." he said stretching his hand to shake. "Aikuro Mikisugi" he said as H.G. accepted the hand shake before motioning into the open sushi shop. "Lets talk over some food shall we not everyday I get the chance to speak to an English lady." he said as H.G. chuckled following him inside.

Nevada knew of the harsh reality that lies behind closed doors. It was disheartening, seeing as how so many lived the life of luxury...but there was nothing she could do to help these poor people. After all...she was struggling as it is, to feed herself. After her father’s death, everything changed...and not for the better, but rather, for the worse. Mother fell into depression, barely capable of taking care of herself, much less her teenage daughter. Nevada had to start living elsewhere, since men started coming to the door, asking questions about rent, unpaid bills...things she couldn’t be accountable for.

Too bad Mother couldn’t pull herself out of that hole… Nevada thought, wishing that she could forget such unpleasantness. However, seeing those little boys, all covered in dirt and wearing oversized clothes behind a table almost as tall as them… it reminded her of it, painfully so. At one point, she was where they were, trying to sell whatever she has to her name in order to get just a scrap of food. “Excuse me, miss?” the youngest called out, gaining Ms. Wells attention. Given the baby fat...he was probably about four years old, maybe even younger. “Do you want to buy one of our toys? Please, miss…? We are really hungry.” The oldest boy interjected at the last moment, confirming what she could see with her own eyes.

It was actually...nice, seeing Ms. Wells refuse, but leave something behind to help the kids out. Not many people would be so understanding or considerate, seeing as how they had to look after their children, or watch out for their skin. Nevada would have left a little something, if she could...but the boys were quick to pack up their shop, and to be on their way to a pawn shop. Each one was holding a gold coin in a dirty hand, with strange markings of...constellations? That’s odd...I’ve never seen such a coin… Nevada thought with a thoughtful frown.

Not long afterwards, H.G. Wells stopped at a sushi shop, where a man with messy blue hair pulled back stood. He had on a dress shirt and tie, with a packet tucked underneath one arm. In such a setting...he looked really out of place. Nevada tried to move closer, to hear what was being said, but she was too late.

At least I can follow them inside, and listen to their conversation… Nevada brushed several strands of brown out of her eyes, only to tuck the pesky threads behind an ear. Once she fixed her hat, she looked around before following the two inside.

The sushi shop was busy, people talking amongst themselves while eating raw fish and rice. Nevada glanced about, finding a good place not too far away from H.G. Wells and this new stranger. Hat pulled down low over her face, she sat down, picking up a menu to appear as though she was looking it over.

"You certainly know how to treat a girl on the first date Mr. Mikisugi" H.G. said leaning back in her seat with one leg crossed over the other reading her menu. "Though isn't it a little cliché to have this kind of rendezvous in a restaurant of all places?" She asked arching one of her eyebrows at the man who only grinned back.

"Mother always told me to be nice to the ladies." He said pushing several strand of hair out of his face as he leaned back in his own seat.

"Is that why you are a Nudist? You must love being really 'nice' to the ladies then" H.G. quipped with a smirk gracing her face as she set the menu down. "With all pleasantries aside...its really bold of you calling your former employers at the Academy so they could in turn relay your message." she said as the smile vanished from her face and adopted a serious tone. "Who are you really?" she asked

Aikuro could not help but grin back in response to her question. "I could ask you the same Ms. Wells. Mysterious box appears in the slums, you pop up the next day requesting the recently vacated teacher role, openly stand up to Gamagoori...your someone special." He said pushing the bundled up package in front of him towards her. "Someone my group believes this package is meant for from our founder, Isshin Matoi." he said as H.G. looked at the note on the package which had a number of constellations within circles in neatly organized lines as if it was a language.

Seeing the package definitely peaked H.G.'s interest as she leaned forward to gain a better look at the note. "Oh really?" she asked. "This is definitely interesting and judging by the age of the wrapping and the note it hasn't been open for a very long time. About six months..." she said as Aikuro nodded.

"Your right that was when he entrusted it to me waiting for the sight of your box or someone by the name of the Doctor." he said before frowning looking behind H.G. "Have you been followed?" He asked with a small hint of concern.

"Yeah noticed back when I was on the cable car leaving the Academy." H.G. said with a sigh turning in her seat to look back at Nevada. "Why are you following me Ms. Nevada?" she asked with a half lidded eyes.

The noise level was not outrageous...but it was enough to where eavesdropping on an conversation is next to impossible. Nevada scowled once she realized this, and barely holding back a sigh, looked around for another seat. Quite a few were available against the far wall… however, it was too far away for the girl’s liking. If she chose to sit there...how was she going to hear what H.G. Wells was saying?

Nevada ignored the appreciative glances thrown in her direction, and rose from her seat. Hands spread out along the table’s surface, she traced the swirls within the wood before moving on to another seat.

It was pure luck that Nevada noticed this other seat. While lurking in the shadows, it provided just enough light to where she won’t miss a thing...not to mention she’d be close enough to listen in on their conversation without looking suspicious. A faint smile forming on her lips, she sat down, not even bothering to pick up a menu this time around. One hand rose to pull down the brim of her hat, otherwise...she didn’t try and bring any attention to herself. Other conversations continued around her.

Wonder why these two are meeting in such a place… Nevada thought, glancing over in their direction. Her fingers drumming yet another tune, she adjusted her jacket around her small frame before leaning forward on her elbows. “I could ask you the same, Ms. Wells. Mysterious box appears in the slums, you pop up the next day requesting the recently vacated teacher role, openly standing up to Gamagoori… You’re someone special.” The package she noticed earlier was pushed towards Professor Wells. “Someone in my group believes this package is meant for from our founder, Isshin Matoi.” There was a note, but Nevada couldn’t see anything written on it.

“Oh really?” Professor Wells took a closer look at the note. “This is definitely interesting, and judging by the age of the wrapping and the note it hasn’t been open for a very long time. About six months…” she trailed off as the man nodded, confirming what she was going with her words. There was just a half second of silence.

“You’re right, that was when he entrusted it to me, waiting for the sight of your box or someone by the name of Doctor.” Nevada could see the frown, but she didn’t expect the next question. “Have you been followed?” Her shoulders tensed almost immediately, the fear of detection raising its ugly head.

Professor Wells turned to look at Nevada, after saying that she noticed it on the cable car. Nevada cleared her throat, thrusting her chin forward and focusing her gaze onto both teacher and stranger. “I followed you cause something’s up. You don’t make any sense… and quite honestly, I want some answers. Is that good enough of an explanation?” Her brown eyes flashed, both arms crossing over her chest.

H.G. watched as Nevada stated her reasons for following the new teacher straight from the school. It was no surprise, H.G. really wasn't as subtle as she had intended thanks to the incident earlier that day with Gamagoori. "I told you my reasons for coming to the school are my own." H.G. stated in a serious tone before turning her chair around to face Nevada. "The answers you are trying to find about me they are not ones you will like. If you get involved with me beyond the classroom you are going to find yourself included in something that I cannot tell how it will end." she said

"H.G." Aikuro said as the professor raised a hand to silence him.

"I understand your curious about who I am Ms. Nevada but please. Drop it and leave it alone before you become involved." She stated as Aikuro shook her shoulder. "What?" She said sounding annoyed.

"I wasn't talking about your student the one following you." Aikuro said before pointing at several figures all wearing black suits, coats, hats, and sunglasses. "I meant them." he said as one of them strange cloaked figures gazed around the room before locating its target. H.G. Wells. Raising their hands up something strange happened as the front part of their hands opened like the case to a cigarette lighter and revealed the small barrel of a gun.

images

Right then and there did H.G.'s eyes widened. "Autons...GET DOWN!" she said pulling Nevada down as the Autons opened fire barely missing the three with their gunfire. Down on the ground H.G. swore under her breath. "Autons of all time and places why now?" she said holding onto the package from Aikuro. Looking from her perspective on the ground of all of the feet running about in a panic was she able to make out six black suit pants legs approaching them.

Nevada’s eyes narrowed slightly, little flecks of gold revealed within the brown depths. “I know what you said, I’m not deaf,” she huffed, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. “I’m also not blind, or stupid. I can tell you’re up to something, and you say your reasons for coming to Honnouji Academy are your own...and I respect that. I’m just curious why someone as intelligent as you would chose to an Academy that has so many boneheads.” Only being honest, and not being one to hold back her opinions on any matter, she tilted her head while studying the man sitting next to Professor Wells. Why do I get the feeling he’s hiding something, too…?

“H.G.? You’re meeting this guy in a sushi bar...and yet, he doesn’t even know you well enough to call you by your first name?”

Brown eyes returning to the teacher, Nevada brought out one hand to pull up the rim of her hat, while the other remained deep in her pocket. “It’s Nevada… not Ms. Nevada, not Ms. Ash...just Nevada. And no, I’m not going to drop it until I get some answers. I don’t get if I get involved or not in...whatever it is you’re involved in.”

Of course, that might change here very shortly. Nevada scowled at the interruption, temper flashing through her eyes, but it shifted to wariness within the blink of an eye. “Who are those guys?” she whispered under her breath, shoulders tensing, her body moving into a defensive position. If there was one thing she knew how to do...it was defend herself. One man raised his hand, something strange happening to it where...the front part opened like a case, revealing a small barrel of a gun.

“Autons...GET DOWN!” Professor Wells said, pulling Nevada down as the strange men opened fire. Screams broke through the gunfire, people either going for cover, or running towards whatever exit they can find. “Autons of all time and places, why now?” Nevada opened one eye hesitantly, taking in the sight of wood splinters and glass flying everywhere. In the midst of chaos, she noticed an open door...leading to the kitchen. “This way!” she cried out, surging forward towards the door, though making sure to stay ducked down, so the men couldn’t see her.

H.G. watched as Nevada used the ensuring confusion and madness to make her way into the kitchen. Before the professor could take a step she felt Aikuro place a hand on her shoulder. "Go! I'll buy you some time. Make sure you do not lose that package!" He said before H.G. grasped his wrist.

"Do not openly confront them just get the people out." she said before letting him go and made a dash for the open door kitchen following Nevada as she kept the package tucked under one arm. Entering the kitchen H.G. quickly scanned the area her eyes darting in every direction for an exit as the Autons slowly approached in robotically stiffed pace as the dining room was empty at this point. "Quickly this way." H.G. said grabbing Nevada's hand and pulling the young student towards another door that led to the back alley as the Autons passed the threshold into the kitchen and began firing again while they exited the shop. Outside in the back alley H.G. quickly reached into her halfway buttoned up vest looking for something. "We need to get out of sight and quickly any suggestions where to go?" she said knowing her police box was an obvious hiding spot. As the professor talked she found what she was looking for and pulled a bronze and silver wand like device from her vest with four metal claws surrounding a green light on one end.

images

"Stand back" H.G. said activating the device as the top part extended slightly and the claws popped open around the now illuminated light while a buzzing sound was audible. Holding it up towards the lock to the door several sparks discharged from the lock frying it shut to buy tehm several extra minutes of time. "Come on" H.G. said deactivating her Sonic Screwdriver.

“Okay...Where can I get one of those?” Nevada indicated the bronze and silver wand-like device, brown eyes attracted to its green light. “Because I can have serious fun with that…” Joke time over, she shook her head, focusing on the situation at hand. The lock may be fried shut...yet it’ll only buy them a little bit of time. While those...things are occupied, they need to come up with a plan...fast.

I can’t have us hide out at Noriko’s...For one thing, it’s fairly obvious...and I can’t have those goons start destroying her house… Maybe...Maybe I can hide out at Mom’s? I doubt she’s there...and even if she is, she’ll either be so out of it she won’t notice us there, or be dead asleep… I hate to consider it, but that might be our best option… With a heavy sigh, Nevada dug deep into her pocket...as though looking for an answer there. “I know a place we can hide...at least for a little while. I hardly stay there anymore...and there, we can form a plan…” she murmured, finding the familiar metal all the way at the bottom of her pocket. “Come on, we only got a few minutes until those...things shoot their way through that door. Follow me...and be quick about it!” Only saying that because of the situation, not to be mean, Nevada hurried forward, a small black key pressed against her palm. Trash littered the back alley, rats screeching as their feast was interrupted by their feet. Ten minutes later, the two were on the outskirts of town, a large, looming mansion casting a shadow over several buildings. Ivy crept over its majestic columns, giving it an air of abandonment.

“Here we are,” Nevada finally spoke, sliding the key home and twisting her wrist. The door opened with a weary creak, revealing darkness beyond. Obviously expecting it, she moved forward, flicking a light switch and turning around. The furnishings were simple...and yet, well-maintained, and cared for. “Well? You coming or what?”

"Maybe another time when a sale is underway." H.G. quipped back returning her screwdriver to her vest's inner pocket. Hearing that Nevada did have somewhere for them to lay low definitely pleased H.G. on the inside after having several situations work against her this was definitely a good change of pace for once. With a nod H.G. hurried after Nevada following her through the trashed alleyway and out towards the edge of town where a mansion laid looking as if time was beginning to catch up with the impressive display of architecture.

'This must be her home or a family member's if she has a key to it on her person.' H.G. thought to herself as she watched her student disengage the lock and open the door leading inside. "One moment I need to do something..." H.G. said before turning her back and pulling out the yale key out of her shirt but not taking the necklace off this time. Holding the key backwards H.G. pressed her thumb against the round end three times before feeling a small burn and the key giving off a faint orange glow.

Turning back to Nevada she entered the household noticing the condition of the furniture inside giving the interior an alien like appearance compared to the deserted atmosphere outside. "It looks lovely." H.G. said with a smile. "Thank you." she said with a small nod of her head. "Is there anyone else here besides us?" she asked her eyes scanning the interior visible to her visions in the artificially lit room. "In case the Autons should find us I do not want anyone you know and care about caught in the crossfire." she stated.

Back
Top Bottom