Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rags, Riches, and Rumors [ Bear & LordBesar ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HeyThereLittleBear

Of all the things that he had bought in sold in his many years in business, there was nothing that weighed half so heavy on his heart to sell as his daughter. But he was dying in debt and he needed to be able to feed the girl, to provide for her a life that he could only imagine and this was the only resolution that had proven to be even slightly feasible. He had spent days pondering over all of the other possibilities, letting it grow on him like a fungus before it had finally consumed him. There were no other options. None.

After the decision had been made and the deal sealed with the promise of blood on a piece of parchment, he started to feel slowly better about it. He talked himself into feeling more comfortable with the basic truths of the situation. First and foremost, his daughter would no longer have to wonder where her next meal was coming from, and she would always be clothed in clean clothing and never have to go to sleep afraid that she wouldn’t wake up the next morning. She would be safe. But at the age of nineteen, there were still so many things that she didn’t know about the world.

As the youngest of far older sisters, Ermine was by far his most innocent child in every way. She had always been the last one to be told of the town gossip and hte last one to be included with other children her age. When she came of age, she had blossomed late and her monthly blood had come at an older age than her sister’s had. Everything about her took time and everything about her still seemed so much a child, though she was by no means one anymore. Ermine was no longer the child that he still saw, but still held the innocence in her heart that the world had not stolen from her… Yet.

They had dressed her in the finest clothing that they owned, a silk gown that flowed down to her ankles and hugged tight to her waist. It accented her now developed body and showed the fullness to her breasts in contrast to the dainty size of her waist. She was a beautiful young woman, truly, with hair the color of wheat and eyes as blue as the morning sky. It hurt his heart so much to know that she was no more than a commodity to him now, but… It was for the best. He had to convince himself that.

And Ermine, bless her heart, was perhaps the most okay with the situation. He had sat her down and explained it to her only the night before and she had stared at him blankly for quite some time. He didn’t know what was going through her mind, but he knew that she was having trouble processing it all. It had come so fast, he was sure. But she was a good child and understood well.

In all honesty, her heart was racing in her chest as her mother brushed her hair out so that it shone in the dismal light of their main living space, her eyes staring at the dingy mirror that reflected a blank-faced but pretty girl in front of her. They had scrubbed her clean the previous night so that her skin was free of dirt for the first time in weeks, her cheeks pink and fresh-looking. Everything about her screamed innocent and unwed… But that would change shortly, she was sure.

She felt like she was living in a daze ever since he told her the new, like it hadn’t all set in on her yet and she was just waiting on him to turn to her and announce that it had all be some sick joke. She watched, detached, as they lead her through the village and out of the slums towards the castle, where she would be presented to her husband-to-be. Her father had fitted her out with a special veil just for the occasion of presenting her to the king - it was a light material, very close to silk in texture and the color was a stark white in comparison to her mother’s used-to-be white dress.

Her hands were shaking as they lead her through the large doors and towards the throne room, where the vast majority of the nobility spent most of their time when not busy with other affairs. The room had been decorated in fresh flowers for the occasion, and there was already a whisper through the crowds. Ermine watched her father step forward, leaving her clinging to her other’s arm with still trembling hands. Her face was white as she stared at his back.

The man bowed to the throne, dipping as low as his body would permit him to, “My king,” He lifted himself slowly, making a show of motioning for his wife to join him, “I would like to present to you my daughter,” Ermine’s hands were pried almost forcibly from her mother’s arm as she was lead up closer to the throne, a mere ten feet from it now, the most respectable but close distance, “It is my greatest honor to present your fiance, Ermine.”

The spread of the plague had been the catalyst.

Infection, disease and death had struck fear in the hearts of all in Europe. No nation or kingdom seemed safe from the death that claimed so many. Even noble families.

Except in the Kingdom of Layconia.

Situated in northern Europe, the mountainous kingdom was ruled for centuries by an aristocracy that had seemingly developed an immunity to the plague. A shocking occurance, as so often royalty lack the health and fortitude of the commoners they reign over. And yet, nothing seemed to touch the King and his court. No matter how great the infection became.

Despite his apparent lack of weakness and risk, King Theolious the third, the young monarch of the realm, still felt the cries of his people. Fears and lamentations that had become increasingly restless and discontented. His court spoke often at length, burning candles deep into the night as they pondered how best to both fight this plague. As well as quell the disquiet voices of uprising and dissatisfaction that the peasants had become whispering in the inns and taverns throughout the width and breath of the Kingdom.

"My Lord," the Viscount of Erewhla, the second city of the Kingdom, spoke as they had gathered for court. "My agents amongst the commoners of the Kingdom have become more and more restless. The deaths of friends and family have caused many to believe we have spelled out a curse upon them. Culling the populous for our own wickedness and to seize their lands forthwith. I fear that unless we are to steady their nerves, we may soon have undue blood spilt across the Kingdom."

King Theolious sat upon his gilded throne with a weary face. This years had taken time off his young life. Even at the young age of thirty seven, an age of youth among monarchy of the world Theolious had seen his dark brown hair begun to grey around the edges. A hair here and there. But far from the vibrant dark hair of his youth. What's more , his once cheerful and sparkling sky blue eyes. Of late they had become dark and haggard. Worn down by the stresses of his stature.

Resting a hand under his bearded chin, he sighed. Lately he hadn't even begun to dress in the silk and gold of his rank. Often wearing the rough cloth of hunting clothing with nothing more than a small silver cornet on his head. Pondering the situation, he was at a lose.

"If I may.." His mother, the former Queen spoke. "I have a suggestion that may help make the people feel as if we do not look down on them."

"Out with it already mother. My patience was exhausted some time ago." Theolious growled at her, already irritated despite court having only just convened.

Irmlia, his mother sighed. He was so much like his father, Herkious. They were carbon copies. Down to brown hair and blue eyes. Though she had passed on some physical features of her own.

Sighing as she spoke, Irmlia approached his throne and reached for his large and calloused hand. "My Lord, you are of yet unmarried and with no betrothed on the horizon." She spoke, softly as to not upset him. "It is my suggestion then that you take a bride from amongst the commoners. Someone not of stature, but from a working and able family. Who can be made your Queen and a statement go the whole of the Kingdom that you care for their plight."

At first he said nothing. Being irritated that his mother was bringing up the subject he'd so successfully dodged years earlier when she had intended to arrange his marriage to a noblewoman. But overtime, the truth of her statement was more and more clear. It was a gesture beyond compare, and likely as anything to sway the patience and adoration of the once stable Kingdom once more.

"It has come to this." He replied with a vexed chuckle. "Very well then. I shall seek out a common bride."

From that day forward, a bride was sought from amongst the subjects.

When at the home of the humble blacksmith to procure a set of tools for the King's stables, his servant Juleror witnessed the beauty of the young woman of the house. He quickly informed his King both of her beauty as well as her father's plight and the virginal status of her body.

Theolious quickly arranged a settlement with her father where in exchange for her hand, he would have his debts cleansed and a contract made to supply the palace with goods. Forever keeping the aging man in work and posterity.

It came that she was to be presented before court and to her future husband. Irmlia arranged a grand ceremony and every Lord and Lady within traveling distance was in attendance. Beautiful faces eyed the soft blonde as she was brought by her parents and presented to her Lord, master, and soon to be husband.

Theolious himself had spent the morning dressing in his best robes. Dark blue silk with gilded stitching, a robe of the finest skins and a helm of gold with inlaid jewels. His eyes steady as he was paid homage by the humble man and his wife.

"Arise my good man." He commanded with a surprisingly easy smile. "It pleases me today, and your family will be known with honor from this moment forth."

When his eyes touched the visage of his future bride, the King was taken aback. The whispers of her beauty were no where near accurate, given the pure semblance of beauty and youthful fertility that stood before him. With an extension of his hand, he beckoned her forth, to the foot of his throne. An act of honor and respect given her future standing in the Kingdom.

"My dear..." He said with a deep tone as his words failed. "Alas at that my tongue has failed me as an instrument to lavish praise upon your beauty. For my servants have lied and called you less than the eternal flame of bright sunshine that my eyes have come to relate to me. "

"Please, I wish to know you more. Let us speak as betrothed and that I may further gaze upon your face." Standing, he held his right hand for her. A hand that only the most prestigious would ever touch.

A banquet had been planned in honor of their engagement, and Theolious was desperate to sit on the dias with her.

Of all the things to put young Ermine in awe, it was not the lords and ladies that surrounded her in their fine clothing that she had only previously glimpsed in passing, but the flowers that had been arranged. Unlike the rest of the kingdom, the castle was like a piece of land stuck in time from before the plague had struck. The flowers were lovely, not just for their vibrant colors but for the luxurious size that the blooms had grown to. Most were fragrant, though not as strong as the flowers that her father carried in his pocket for when he had to walk the streets often.

Like the flowers, her family to be was also in very good health given the situation, their skin clear of lesions and bright from frequent baths. Their eyes were just as bright, curious at the oddity that was the commoner girl. Ermine had always been taught that it was rude to stare, but apparently when you were born into riches the rules were quite different, as the people had no opposition towards staring at her as if she were some oddity that they had never spied before.

Her husband-to-be was not exempt from the legions that were staring, his eyes held captive on her as if he were spellbound. Ermine’s skin crawled from the attention, her cheeks taking on a hint of a blush from so much blatant scrutiny. A bitter thought crossed her mind at that point - If they paid this much attention to the rest of the kingdom, perhaps we wouldn’t be plagued with such a curse from the gods.

No. How awful a thought that was. She scolded herself internally for thinking such a thing, though it was awfully true and she knew it to be so. If they had perhaps cared more about the people that they ruled then they wouldn’t be in the predicaments that they had on their hands. Ermine might have been naive but she did hear the whispers among the common women as they washed clothes, had heard what the young men were talking of braveries and facing the knights. The king would have a large problem on his hands if he didn’t stop the anger soon among the people and assure them that he cared.

The king himself lacked not in lavish attention or politely worded things, far more skilled in the art of the tongue than she could ever dream to be. She bowed to him gently, “Thank you, my king.” She was not without her own manners, “My family is honored to have been chosen.” Her mother kicked her ankle gently, a sharp pain spiking up her leg. She bit the inside of her lip before speaking again, at her mother’s quiet admonition of daring to speak for the family.

Her hands were still trembling the slightest when she was urged to join the king now, her hand releasing her father’s arm as she approached and closed the last of the space that would now forever separate herself from her family of origin. She took his right hand gently, doing her best to make her own be still and urging her racing heart to calm itself or she would surely fall out in the middle of the throne room.

The first thing that she noticed was that his hand was surprisingly rough in comparison to what she had expected of a man of royalty. Rough hands were usually reserved for men that did physical labor or fought in wars. The king was expected to do neither. However, his hands bore calluses that were a slight comfort to her knowing that he did not simply sit upon his throne as a fat cat would lay in the sun.

“I would be honored to know you more, my lord.”

Smiling at his young bride to be, Theolious stood, now towering above her easily. Her own hand was so soft and dainty, causing him to think what the rest of her skin might feel like, and barely managing to maintain his composure as his mind twisted in a different direction. "If you will my dear." he said with a smile as he guided her along to the hall where the engagement feast had been prepared. Behind his mother and younger sisters Katjya and Karolina followed along. They looking much more like their mother. With lighter tawny colored hair and soft features.

Irmlia slid alongside Ermine's parents and specifically singled out the mother of the future bride. "Please be seated with me." the aging queen mother requested, her eyes bright as she spoke with her son's future inlaws. "I would very much like to hear about your daughter, as well as make discussions regarding the nuptials. There is much planning to do, and my daughters are eager to help. Though I wish for your assistance Ma'am. The ceremony will better reflect the joining as we intend if it bears hallmarks of both our families."

As his mother spoke with the blacksmith and his wife, Theolious was walking slowly through the stone halls en route to the prepared hall were servants and cooks had arranged a feast that would only be exceeded by the one to come for the grand wedding.

Unable to resist, the King rubbed his large thumb softly into the back of Ermine's hand, his sky blue eyes focused on her as he could easily walk every inch of the castle without sight. She was soon to be his treasure and he wished to lavish his attentions on her.

"What do you think of your future home thus far?" He asked softly as he led her through the halls. Portraits and suits of historical armor lining many of the halls. He was eager for her to feel at home. Though she would be kept in a private room far from his until they were joined. As to keep her virginity intact. Though already he was contemplating what the addition of her soft and warm body to his bed might be like.

Soon they reached the doors to the hall, and servants opened the double wooden doors wide to reveal the ornate hall where a series of tables had been set. Everyone seated according to their rank and stature in life. Though the parents of the bride were placed to the right of the queen mother per her request. The hall was wide and long. Having many tables and fires for making food. In times past King Herkious had thrown many feasts and welcomed much of the village around the castle to win their favor. But the tough times had forced Theolious's hand and he was no longer able to carry on his father's traditions. Though he did lament it greatly.

A table had been set for the upper rings of the aristocracy near the end of the hall. That would be were Irmlia, Ermine's parents and siblings, Theolious's sisters, and other's of great importance would be seated. Just above that table was a dais, upon which a private table with only two chairs was set. The King's chair and to his right a less ornate chair for his bride. Though she would soon be Queen once they were married.

Guiding her to her seat, Theolious sat next to his bride and clapped his hands as a horde of servants brought forth their feasts. Roast boar, mutton, braised deer, and every other rich food imaginable. The King had spared little expense and had many bottles of wine brought out for this momentous occasion.

The servants approached and he took his fill of the food they brought. Particularly the mutton, his personal favorite. As well as many potatoes and bowls of freshly picked fruit. Turning to his young bride, the King adjusted himself so he might easily look at her with a warm and loving smile. "My mother's suggestion." He said to her with a laugh. "She had hoped that you might enjoy this, though I would have preferred something more private. But alas, I see her wisdom. It is good for our kingdom to have a feast for royals and commoners alike that we might better share in the fortune that has been gifted to our people by the hand of providence."

Looking into her eyes, his eyes reflected in her's. The tent of both being so similar. An interesting commonality that he was pleased with. As otherwise they were such different beings.

He knew not what to ask her, despite his longing to learn the nature of her heart. He settled for studying her for a time. Eyes roaming her form while periodically casting glances at the rest of the crowd. After a bit, it would be time for a toast, and the King held his goblet and hoisted it up as he himself stood before the gathered guests. "Friends, relatives and royals alike." He began with a suddenly deep and booming voice. "Pleasurably we have gathered today to make joyous celebration at the impending union between my house and another of more humble origins. Though we are apart in much, we are one in spirit and as inhabitants of this realm. So I toast this union and raise my wine to you all. Nobles, commoners, and those in between. And to you," turning to face Ermine, he smiled and watched her reaction. "I toast to you my future bride. That our union would be the happiest of the kingdom and that I might provide for you as a husband beyond your wants and desires. Giving of myself to protect and honor you."

His toast complete, Theolious sat back down and smiled as he ate. Curious how she might view his speech.

"My mother is no doubt scheming with your own regarding our wedding." He casually mentioned, leaning over to be closer to her. "Though I'm curious of your own feelings on the subject. As the bride, surely you have some feelings regarding this. And as your soon to be husband, it is my duty and honor to ensure your heart's desires are met."

King Theolious was nothing but polite to her in every manner of the word, from the way that he talked to her to the way that he treated her. He was going to become a doting and loving husband when the time came, and Ermine supposed that it would be a good thing for her to have a man that cared about her rather than one that wanted an easy woman to wed and bed then forget about until he’d had a wine too many. A loving marriage was better than one where she was second to a group of concubines.

Ermine’s parents displayed only slight concern at their daughter going off with her future husband, not because of anything they feared for her safety, but because they worried about her lack of refinery in regards to the art of conversation. She was not a rude child, but she was a vocal child when it came to subjects that she was passionate about and they were about to step into a life of leisure that they could only ever dream of.

Freida, her mother, was nervous but went all too willingly with Irmlia, a smile slowly coming across her face as it was brought to her attention that she would have a say in at least some of what the wedding would have. “Oh, lovely, madame,” She hadn’t forgotten her status because of her daughter’s engagement, but she was aware that she now had a say in things, of sorts, “I’d be honored to talk about the wedding. I think I could add a touch of home to the decor.”

Edgar was reluctant to follow, dreading the conversations that he would be stuck a part of until his daughter was properly wed to the king and the entire affair was behind them. He was a man that would much prefer to do things actually productive, like creating things in his forge or cleaning up the neighborhood to make it at least slightly more clean to walk through.

Meanwhile, Ermine was given the best view of the castle, her eyes roaming at the lavish decorations and the suits of armor that loomed over her. She had heard of how lovely the inside of the castle was but she had never dreamed of some of the fineries that would be inside of it - her own home was extremely humble. It was a simple abode that was off the main shop - the main area was for the kitchen and dining area, where most of their time was spent, and two very small bedrooms with straw mattresses on the floor.

It bothered her to see such rich things used just to decorate while there were people in the kingdom that starved to death, curled up in the streets like they were nothing more than mongrel dogs that had been kicked aside. It hurt her heart to know that the King had suffered none from the famine of the kingdom and had felt none of the pain of his people. He should be a shining example - if they were in poor condition, he should be as well. Instead, the only wear she saw was on his head - his hair was turning white from stress but otherwise okay.

The feast was another matter that was an example of how much of a difference there was between the two groups - her own family would eat simple meals that consisted mostly of lumpy breads and some sort of meat. On rare occasions, there would be a fresh vegetable that her father had managed to get ahold of, but most of their food was that which was easy to obtain, whether by hunting or being sold on the market.

She was mostly observant of the surroundings, because it was all so much to take in at once, picking at her plate lightly from the pieces that were being served that she could identify. “I apologize for my silence, my king. I have never seen such foods as these. I believe that my stomach is not used to such large meals as your court is.” She murmured, having eaten only about half of what servants had piled onto her plate, her interest mostly in the bright fruits that she was curious to try and of the venison and bread.

Ermine had only just started to sample the wine and feel its warmth when her fiance stood and gave his toast, her eyes staring down at her lap as the entire hall stared at her, intent to take in the woman that would soon be queen. Her mother was particularly staring, her eyes hard and cold as ice with the silent threat that Ermine was to remain quiet and subservient.

She had been drilled well of what her place was - she was to be a piece of artwork that was to be seen and not heard. She could stand by the king’s side and smile at the people and show that the king had chosen a common bride, but she would not interject with her silly notions of the king stepping in to care for the people. Her outspoken personality was to remain for the bedroom, when the king would require her to be a zealous and giving lover. Her mother had been very insistent that she give her all to him, as it wouldn’t do for the man to take on a concubine to satisfy lusts that his wife could not fulfill.

Once the speech was over, he sat back down and started a conversation with her privately, every bit as polite and as wonderful as ever. It did irk her a bit that they were all fascinated with the concept of giving away gold for a ceremony. Her mind drifted to the people outside the castle walls -- men, women, and children that were struggling just to feed themselves and survive. She thought of her friends, some of which had died in the plague. Life outside the walls was a living hell in which people struggled only to die coughing up their own blood and drowning in air.

Her brows furrowed a bit as she pushed a grape around on her plate with a fork, glancing up to make sure her mother was busy in conversation with Irmlia before she spoke, “My king,” She hesitated, but the words spilled out against her will, “If I may be as bold to say… I think that a large ceremony would be a large insult to your people who are dying in the streets.”

Desperate to fix what she had broken with a simple statement, she grasped her wine and drank of it before trying again, “I mean to say that perhaps we should honor the common laws.” She tried again, feeling her cheeks grow hot with embarrassment at her outburst.

Hearing her speak freely for the first time was an enlightening moment for Theolious. He had expected compliance and totally agreement with all of his words. But already, Ermine was speaking her mind like a wife of decades. Smirking and raising his eyebrows, he toyed with a bite of food and contemplated her words.

He'd been born into luxury. The heir to a throne that had been held by his family for generations. He new nothing of the life outside that a commoner like her would know. It was true that he'd know immense hardship of his own. As he had been at the head of the army during the Kingdom's war with their neighbors of Lamiona. The same war where his own father had fallen, necessitating his early ascension to the throne he hadn't anticipating claiming for decades.

Though that war was over a decade ago, and many were too young to remember. Someone as young as Ermine would have no recollection of the war and what hardship it had brought. How the royals had become removed from the population after the lose of many of their kind and the refusal by some villages to provide food for the army in their time of need.

Thinking of her words though, Theolious had an understand of what she spoke. Her concern was for her family and friends. Others who would never get elevated to stature as she was soon to be. It was a reasonable request and he pondered on it for a moment before smiling and nodding.

"Then I propose this." he began, eyes locked on her's. "A simple ceremony. Nothing more than friends and family. Those closest to us. And with the money that might be spent on a feast and an ornate event, we donate that sum to feed the kingdom. A gift to remind the commoners that royalty has not forgotten them."

Why he was making this offer was beyond his comprehension, as it seemed so removed from his normal decisions. His mother and sisters would be furious, and his nobles may well challenge his actions. But it was not they who would share his bed. And speaking with her had given him an interesting perspective. Ermine had a direct connection to the kingdom, something that he did not have.

She could be his consul and the voice of reason that helped piece together the fragile kingdom.

As the feast began to end, King Theolious wanted more time with his bride to question her on her thoughts and feelings. Ways to better pull the kingdom back together. Leaning to her, he smiled and reached for her hand.

"My dear, would you be so kind as to take a walk with me around the grounds of the palace?" he asked, giving her the choice to refuse him if she so wished. "I wish to better know you before our union. And learn more about woman my eyes have begun to adore. There is a garden that my grandmother planted that might be of interest if you would join me for a stroll."

Ermine had expected a negative reaction out of the king, because when she spoke she knew that it was not a woman’s place to speak so frankly about the business of the kingdom. Her mother had told her what her place was and it was by no means in any position to speak her mind. She was sure that he would be calling the wedding off at the very least if not something worse, such as shaming her family publicly for raising such a brazen daughter.

But instead, the King had seemed unfazed by her speaking her mind, quite the opposite and being intrigued by a girl that dare let her tongue go loose in his prescence. She searched his face for signs of anger that would hint that he was about to punish her for her mistake, but there was none. He met her gaze evenly, and surprised her by offering out a very fair compromise.

He not only withheld anger from being spoken to in such a manner by a woman, but he listened to what she had to say and offered something that was beyond reasonable. She could understand going through with the ceremony, and he had compromised far more than what Ermine had ever expected him to do.

“That sounds beyond fair. Your people will appreciate that you are still considering them at a time such as this.” She said, a more genuine smile coming to her lips for the first time in their interaction, a less forced and definitely warmer version of what had been on her face previously. This was the first time that her opinion had actually changed anything, and it was a shock that her opinion could do such good if whispered in the right ear.

Her mother had taught her that a woman had control in one place and one place alone - the kitchen. They decided what was to be on the table and ruled over the meal, which was their job since the husband would provide the food they cooked, the roof over their head, and the clothes on their back. A woman had to maintain the upkeep of the home, cook the meals, and mend the clothing when it started to wear. But perhaps here she could be more than that, since Ermine was poor at stitching, had only rudimentary cooking skills, and did not clean to her mother’s expectations.

In the short time and even shorter conversations she had been a part of, she had learned a great deal about the man that she was to wed and she was confident that the union would not be a complete tragedy. The king would get a young, lovely women to share his bed with him and she would get the chance to do something for the people that had suffered for years on end already. Perhaps her parents did know a thing or two about making a marriage.

The feast was coming to an end and she could sense that her fiance was not ready to leave, and she was not against his company. Her feelings showed to be quite true as he took her hand in his much larger one, requesting her so politley to join him in a stroll through the grounds to see the gardens and bond as a couple that was to be.

“A stroll would be grand, as this place is to be my home.” She said as she accepted his grasp, her fingers lacing through his gently, “Would you be so kind as to lead the way, my lord?” She had allowed one outburst, but any more than that would be pushing the envelope too far even for a queen to be. “And I would be delighted to hear about the history of the royal family, if you’d care to share some.”

The King couldn't help but smile at young Ermine. How easily he'd placated her by actually listening and considering what she had said. But that had been his intention in finding a common bride in the first place. While many within the aristocracy had thought that the point of the marriage was only for the sake of giving the peasants some belief that they had one of their own within the confines of the castle and bed of the king. Theolious though, had different thoughts. From the first words he'd heard from the young blonde's mouth, he had known that she could have his confidence and his ear. Her understanding of the populace would provide him with a better understanding of how to bring the two disparate elements of the kingdom back together once more. As they had been in the days when his father reigned over the land.

Standing, he held his hand to her and looked to the gathered group. "The banquet may continue. My thanks to all." Looking to his mother and sisters, he smiled and then helped guide his bride out of the room and to the hall that would lead to another and finally to the garden that was held within the walls of the palace. Waving off guards that attempted to follow, Theolious had both his dagger and a short two edged sword that was on his side.

From the hall to the courtyard, the King soon led his young companion to ground of the palace and within sight of the garden. "I take it you were surprised by my acceptance of your words?" he asked her with an amused laugh, his bright eyes rarely leaving her face. "My confidants and those who reside in my court will no doubt raise issue. As they did to the notion of marrying a commoner before the merit of the cause could be explained. With that said, there is little doubt they won't resist. The challenge faced is too great."

Suddenly he stooped, underneath a large elm that shaded a bit of the garden. Reaching for her other soft hand, he held them softly and looked deeply into her eyes. "Ermine," He said, looking into her eyes with a focused gaze. "You will soon be my Queen. I have decreed, and no law prohibits it. You will be first in my house behind only my person. Holding more authority than all but the absolute most powerful of my lords. I wish for you to keep that in mind."

Sighing, he let go of her other hand and held only her left as they walked side by side. Pointing out many plants and herbs, and offering her the opportunity to plant her own if she so wished.

Looking down at her, he couldn't help but smile and admire her young body. Beginning to imagine how she might look in his bed.

"This garden was planted by my paternal grandmother Uluira." Theolious spoke, beginning to tell her some of the history. "She adored flowers, and was as bright as a sunflower before her death some years ago. " He wasn't sure what she had learned and hadn't. Education among the commoners was mysterious and confusing. He knew not what she might have learned or heard regarding the kingdom and the history therein.

"My father had fresh sunflowers planted each year in her honor upon her death. I have carried on the tradition and plant them every season since my ascension to the throne." Pointing to a large oak tree a distance away, he smiled before frowning in memory. "I planted that for my father when I returned from the war. He was slain in the back by an arrow. Not a day goes by when I am in the palace that I do not come to pay my respects. The tree reminds me of him, the strength he showed. I believed him to be immortal in my youth. Now I know he was just as subject to the sands of time and fury of war as we all are."

Sighing deeply, he smiled at her once more. "I wish to know much of you." he asked with a smile. "What you most love, your own history. It also should be said, while we are in court you are to refer to me as My Lord or My King. In private however, you may call me Theo. Something only my father, mother and sisters have ever been permitted to say. "

The wedding was only a short time away. But already Theo was eagerly awaiting that day. To see her in white. And to bring her to his bed for the first time after.

The moment that the King had stood and taken the attention of the small group that was gathered around them, Freida looked as if a protest was sitting at the edge of her lips that she dare not let loose, instead opting to quite literally bite the tip of her tongue, her eyes heavy and watching as Ermine followed the man away from the table politely. Edgar was quick to attempt at pacifying her by laying a soft hand on her thigh, knowing that the woman was only worried about Ermine’s tongue, which was sharp and often too quick for her own mind to stop and consider her manners prior to speaking.

Ermine could feel the woman’s eyes boring into hte back of her head as she was lead away, her shoulders relaxing a bit as they turned the corner and headed onto the grounds. The castle itself was a beautiful sight but it was nothing in comparison to the well cared for grounds that surrounded the place. She had often heard whispers that the gods themselves had come to nurture the plants that were in the gardens so that the flowers grew in colors that commoners could only imagine and so that they smelled so sweet that the king couldn’t smell the dead and the dying.

She knew now that it wasn’t that he was unaware of the plight of the people, but more that he was bound by duty and by manners as much as she was. He had a reputation to uphold and though his word was law in the kingdom, he still had to consider the possibility of betrayal in his own house and worry about the others in his counsel. The choice wasn’t as easy as waving his hand and he would be able to fix everything that was in his reign.

Ermine didn’t pull back from his touch as he grasped her other hand, her eyes meeting his slowly. His words weighed heavy on her shoulders, not because they were hard for her to hear or hard to understand, but because with great power there was always a great responsibility. She was a nobody that was becoming somebody finally and her voice would go from one of the many that cried in the streets to one of the ones that could help. She had the power now that she would be able to save, to ease some of the pains in the people.

“I,-- Thank you, my lord.” She said finally, “I will bear that on my mind with every word.” And that much was true, as she now had a chance to do something rather than sit in the middle of the situation and feel like a hopeless child.

Her mind was full of thoughts of what would come after marriage, not just the night of but also what would be expected of her and what she would have to do in order to do things without seeming to overstep her bounds. During htis time, she was thankful that hte king took the lead and showed her around the garden, pointing out all of the different herbs and plants that were there, some ones that she could identify and others some that she had never laid eyes on before in her life.

The part that brought her swirling thoughts to a hush was the flowers - they were lovely blooms that were almost breath taking in their beauty, equal parts gorgeous as they were fragrant. She was drawn to them, her fingers stroking the petals in soft admiration of the small slice of heaven they had planted here in the castle grounds. She could hear him telling her of the history of the gardens and the flowers, the history every bit as new to her as the blooms.

He lead the conversation slowly away from his own family’s history after telling her about his father, now moving to ask about her own history. Her own story was by no means as lavish as his, and nowhere near as interesting. She debated quietly all of what she should tell him before deciding that blatant honesty was probably the best of routes.

“I don’t think I have a history as you, my lord.” She didn’t feel comfortable yet with calling him Theo, even in the privacy of the gardens, as it felt foreign on her tongue to speak to the king as an equal, “My sisters are by far more remarkable than I. The oldest is Annice, and she is a wonderful seamstress. She bore her husband two sons, Daniel and John, and is an excellent cook. The other sister is Della, she wed a fisher and assists the baker. Her womb is barren but she hopes that the gods will one day bless her with boys as they have Annice.”

She had talked more about her sisters, but they were as much a part of her as everything else. Though Annice and Della were both sweet girls overall, they were harsh in the way they tried to get Ermine to work harder at being good wife material. They had worked hard with her to teach her to sew and to bake, but it had been in vain it seemed, as she was never truly good at any of it. Ermine silently wondered if the gods had made her terrible at those so that she would learn one feminine art - speech, that way she may one day speak for her voiceless people.

“My sisters are much older than I so they did not play with me much as a child. I spent most of my time around the adults and learned to listen to their conversations quite well. It was at the lap of my elders that I learned I am no good at things most women are expected to be decent with, but I do know the art of speaking with others, though mother believes that my tongue is too sharp for my place and often runs ahead of my manners.”

She smiled just a bit, “My mother is most likely worrying herself sick that I become an unruly child without her careful eye.” That was a funny thought, to think of Freida squirming in her seat next to the King’s mother, dying to be in the conversation of the king and his wife to be. “I think I will enjoy working in the garden,” She admitted, her eyes moving back to the flowers, “I can’t cook or sew but when mother and father would lay down at night I used to sneak into the forge and craft… I enjoy to work with my hands like that and see what I can make. I think gardening may be similar, just more of a wait.”

Her hand cupped a bloom gently and she ran her thumb over it, smiling softly mostly to herself. “I do worry that I may not be fit to live in a place such as this,” She admitted, sounding a bit sheepish, “The fletcher’s son Thomas told me that the castle was full of wolves. He swore that he’d heard them at night and had seen them. I was fool enough to believe such a silly tale.” She laughed at that, shaking her head a bit, “I feel silly that I even believed it at all.”

There was one certain things that Theo had already learned about the beauty by his side, she was by no means shy with her tongue. In many ways, she spoke to him with an easy tone that he remembered his mother using with father in days gone by. It was what he wished. Her words spoke to a lively mind, one that would entertain his own. In matters of state, entertainment and pleasure. His reluctance at taking a bride seemed such a folly. At least now that he had met and shared conversation with the young woman chosen by his closest confidants.

Hearing her speak of his parents and siblings brought joy to his heart. Though he kept his face stoic at the mention of children. It was true that his urges were to mate and produce heirs were strong. No doubt compelled by how attractive he found the young woman. Imagining how she would look with a round tummy, hid child inside. No, she was young and that would be a conversation to discuss later.

"If you wish. You may always have your sisters and mother into the castle." He suggested with a grin. "I can arrange for a private sitting room for you if you ever wish to entertain. Though no doubt you will have to at different times as the lady of the palace. My mother and sisters will easily monopolize your time if you allow it. My suggestion is that you remain vigilant and do not allow anyone to speak for you save myself "

Theo smiled at how the garden and grounds of the palace brought cheer to her heart. Ermine had no choice in this matter. Being young, she was expected to respect her father's wishes, who in turn was not in any position to refuse the King. Her presence in front of him was in many ways that of a servant to a master. Despite the fact that she would soon share his bed and increasingly his heart.

They soon rounded a corner of the grounds, walking past an ivy covered wall and to a small fountain that came from a spring underground. There sat a bench and other carved stone chairs for those who wished to enjoy the peace of the fountain. Guiding Ermine to the bench, Theo sat beside her and held her small hands tightly in his much larger grip. The urge to caress her soft flesh was very strong. His growing lust would have to be controlled. Thank the gods she was to be on the other end of the castle until the wedding. Otherwise he would be tempted to steal into her room and take her in carnal passion.

Her comment about wolves though, left him both a bit nervous as well as amused at the same time. "I've only heard howling when Lord Perctus is visiting." Theo replied with a jovial smile. "Otherwise I know not. We keep few dogs aside from those for hunting and warnings of an attack. Though you will know for yourself soon if such rumors are indeed true."

Theo likely needed to return her to her chambers soon. They had walked for some time and the sun was beginning to fall. They would see each other for dinner if she so wished. But after he had a council meeting and she would not yet be allowed in to the meeting. Not until after their vows and a coronet was placed on her brow.

"Shall I escourt you to your chambers?" He suggested with a resigned sigh, not eager to part so soon. "Would I be bold if I were to confess my eagerness for the wedding? If only to share more of your time."

Soon. He promised himself. Soon she would reside in his chambers. Where he could build a roaring fire and hold her close and whisper into her ear. Until that day though, he knew she would reside in his mind. Foremost at most times.

Theo was kind enough to listen while she talked about the quiet and rather boring life that she had - or rather, talked about her family, as her own life was rather void of much else other than attempting to follow in her sisters’ footsteps. She couldn’t live up to their reputations in the way that had had always tried, but she would exceed them in a way she had never expected. It would surely be a shock to those who didn’t know of the upcoming nuptials of what had come of timid, useless Ermine.

“I thank you for that, I’m sure my mother will enjoy visiting.” She knew that her mother would of course make herself quite welcome in the king’s home, whether she had been invited or not. Ermine had inherited her mother’s strong will, and her father had loved that about the woman, but she overall knew her place when it came time for her to play the part of the wife.

Her fiance did not even speak ill of her when she talked of her silly notions of what she had thought was behind these walls, even with as absurd as it was to believe that wolves roamed the hallways. But he was right - all of the rumors she had ever heard about the royalty would be soon learned for herself to be truth or myth, and that was an opportunity that very few were given in their lifetime. SHe should be honored.

They had come to a place where they stopped and he lead her to a seat, which she gladly took, enjoying the scenery that was around them. She didn’t even mind when he took both of her hands again, as his touch was becoming a more familiar thing to her, even a pleasant thing at times. His hands were warmer than her own and much rougher than her own, but they were not terrible for her to hold. He had the hands of a man, and that was something that she was surprised she enjoyed.

“My chambers?” She had forgotten that she would be staying at the castle, and the sun was starting to fall, “If it pleases you, my lord. You do not have to spend your time doing what a servant could do, if you wish to do something else.” She would have preferred him to escort her to her new room, as she had become comfortable with him, but she did have to stay in her place. Her mother’s training had not been completely in vain.

His excitement for their wedding day was quite obvious in everything that he did and everything that he said, her lips forming a soft but still shy smile. “You are a better husband than I could have ever dreamed of.” She admitted, because she didn’t want to admit that she was terrified of their wedding night. She had been told of what was to be expected of her to consummate their marriage and had been warned greatly that the process may be painful. It wasn’t the marriage that she feared, but being bedded by him that intimidated her. She hadn’t remained in tact from lack of interest, she had remained pure due to intimidation of sex.

“Am I… To room with you?” She asked, having no more polite way to word things.

Theo was sorely tempted to take her right away to his chambers. Call a priest and marry her early. If for no other reason than the carnal passion that had built within him for his young bride. He wanted to hold her down or tie her up so that he could kiss every single inch of her soft young skin. Did she even realize that she'd inspired a hunger within him that he'd never felt before? Even if she didn't, that would soon become clear. There was nothing he wanted as much as to take her into his arms, carry her straight to his bed and ravish her for days on end with little breaks in between. But even with his raging hunger and desire, he controlled himself. Resolve to give her a wedding and claim her as his bride in name first, he took deep breaths to calm himself.

"Hummmm, not yet my dear." he replied to her question about her chambers with a smile. "Until we are married, you will be kept across the castle. Near my sisters, Katjya and Karolina. They are of yet unmarried and wish very much to get to know their future sister. I deemed it best for proprietary sake that you stay no where near my bed. At least....until our wedding night." He was unable to hold back the lust that was slipping through, and his eyes roamed her body hungrily as he mentioned when she would share his bed. His muscles tensed a bit and he felt his manhood twitch a bit. Forcing him to calm himself or she would see a very obvious bulge in his trousers.

Standing back up, he took her hand and smiled lovingly at her. "No, it would be my honor to escort you." he assured her as they slowly walked back towards the main gate to the palace proper and the wing of the castle where she was to stay. leading through hallways and corridors, he eventually guided her to a wing where a turret stood above. There was a large door that would lead to the suite she would be in. Across the hall was the room shared by his two younger sisters. Karolina being the eldest at twenty, with Katjya being the youngest at seventeen.

"I would very much like if you would join my family for dinner this evening." he suggested as they stopped in front of her door. "My sisters will escort you. They are just here across the hall, and the servants of this wing will be at your disposal during your stay here until the wedding. If you wish for a lady in waiting, I can arrange for one. Please let me know." Taking her hand, he lifted it to face and kissed the back of her hand with a smile. "It was wonderful to meet you my dear." Theo smiled as he kissed her hand. "Now, sadly affairs of state require my attention. If you will please excuse me."

Walking away with a frustrated sigh, Theo went straight to his council chamber where he had meetings with several of his lords. Dealing with everything from grain and food collection, the state of the army, and discussions about the border. Lamiona, the kingdom he had defeated in the war that claimed his father, was beginning to raise arms. Concerning the lord who's lands bordered the edge of their neighbors. Layconia was well positioned with many mountain borders and as such was very defensible. Even so, there was still some concern of security. And if the commoners of the kingdom could not be pacified, the risk on invasion rose. As Layconia would be weakened.

The wedding day soon arrived, and it could not come soon enough for Theo. Affairs of state had kept him very busy and unable to see much of Ermine during that time. While they did take meals together, and usually a walk together during the afternoon, he was kept away from her more than he liked. It was a frustrating time, and he found himself growing more and more attached to the young woman with each passing day.

The wedding had been arranged in the garden of the palace. The money that would have been spent had otherwise been used to provide meals for the whole kingdom. As such, the ceremony would be small. Only the King's family, Ermine's, and a handful of the Lords and Ladies that were closest to the monarchy.

Theo stood next to the priest, wearing a suit of white silk with gilded trimmings. His family chest embroidered into the chest of his tunic. On his head was his cornet. His bead was trimmed and his hair kept short. He waited impatiently for his bride, having seen almost none of her the previous day. Even now she was with her mother and sisters. His own mother had attempted to provide assistance, but Theo had convinced her that providing Ermine with a wedding dress.

Putting his hand on the pommel of his sword as he waited, Theo wondered how she might look. He knew not what her dress was made of or the color. Her only knew her face and eyes. And already he felt his heart ache.

Leaning over to Viscount Erewhla who was nearest, Theo spoke softly.

"I would like some time to be with my bride, are there any matters that can't wait for a few days?"

The dark black haired Viscount shook his head, stroking his graying beard. "No my Lord." he replied with a smile. "Nothing that cannot wait." The Viscount was fifteen years the King's senior, having been his father's chief consul. He and his wife, the Viscountess, had eight children. So he was well aware of the need to be with one's bride.

There was a small relief that she wasn’t expected to lay with him just yet, though she wouldn’t have dared to object even if she had wanted to. Ermine was a good girl and would obey his word as the law that it was, but she was thankful she would have plenty of time to prepare herself for the relationship that was expected to build between the two of them. He was a good man, and she could tell that it wouldn’t be hard for her to find him to be as good of a husband.

He did escort her to back to her room as a gentlemen would, the rest of their walk in relative silence as he lead her through the halls. When they came to a stop outside her door so that he could invite her to his family’s dinner. “I would be pleased to join you.” She murmured, feeling a bit of a blush come across her cheeks as he leaned down and kissed her hand, a gesture that was not only romantic but also a deep sign of respect that she had not expected.

She couldn’t suppress that she was starting to feel the beginnings of butterflies fluttering in her stomach over him, but she was nowhere near close to feeling like she loved him. Ermine watched him leave before entering the room, a suite that was larger than her entire home and a vast difference to what she had known her entire life.

The rest of the time spent leading up to her wedding was spent in what felt to her like a whirlwind of meetings with different people - seamstress, to be measured for her dress, florist, to decorate with flowers that she liked, and the larger portion of her time spent with Irmlia planning whom was to be invited to the wedding and how things would be arranged. Over the time that she spent with the woman, Ermine had become increasingly fond of her, as she was a woman that was both hard and soft at the same time.

Her time was spent very sparsely with Theo, though the moments that they shared were pleasant and made her get slowly better understanding of who he was as a person, though her nerves were starting to get to her. In the time she had spent at the castle, it had served to bring her health up to the best it had been possibly since she was in the womb, her cheeks taking on a healthy glow and the thinner bits of her physique starting to fill out as she ate a more rounded diet that was able to do more than merely sustain her to the next day.

By the morning of the wedding day, she had become quite the vision, her wheat hair had been pulled back away from her face and gently curled so that it fell in soft tumbles down her back, her cheeks pinched to give them a healthy rosy glow. Her dress was a thing that was truly a masterpiece, the bodice buttoning down the front and pulling her waist in with a soft satin white belt. The skirts were made of a material she couldn’t even identify, but was soft as silk without being translucent and had a train that trailed long behind her.

Her father had been given robes that were every bit as fine as her dress, a dark brown with gold stitches. He was in deep contrast color-wise to her, but he looked every bit as royal as if he had been a king from another land, once cleaned up properly. Her mother fidgeted with her hair until she got every strand into place as she’d wanted, meanwhile her sisters got her veil positioned on her head properly, setting it gently over her shoulders.

They had only just gotten her primped and ready when they heard the soft sound of music to cue them that it was her time to walk the aisle, her heart racing. Edgar had a soft smile, his arm securing into Ermine’s as her mother and sisters trailed, catering to her dress’ train so that it wouldn’t snag. Her hands trembled around her bouquet of sunflowers and small white wildflowers that had been picked.

As she was led out into the garden she couldn’t help but feel breathless, her eyes wandering at the lovely flowers that had been brought from all around, lining the aisle and delicately placed around the sparse guests. Her eyes took it all in, finally settling on Theo himself, looking every bit as handsome as all of the blooms.

Her lips found the first trembling smile of the day, her father leading her inexorably towards her fate as the music’s volume slowly increased. She could feel the guest’s eyes on her as they passed, each step careful until her father stopped just before Theo’s side. As was tradition, his hand slid out from around her arm, the man leaning in to press a soft kiss on her cheek before he left her there to take the last step.

Ermine could feel the butterflies in full force now as she took the largest step of her life metaphorically, stepping into place at the king’s side before the priest, her mother sweeping out her train before they all joined her father in their designated seats.

Theolious had begun to become impatient as he waited for his bride. It had been a long day and was already nearing mid-afternoon as the wedding was due to begin. After they were married and he proclaimed her as queen, they would share in an intimate dinner with only close family and friends. Before finally in the evening, he would take her to his chambers for the first time. An event he was beyond excited for. His nights had become restless as he yearned to feel her soft flesh in his bed. A bed that now felt bigger than it had once been.

Kicking at the ground with the heel of his boot, the monarch was very close to charging off in search of his bride, when he finally saw he coming down. He stopped and stood completely still as she approached on her father's arm. Theo's eyes widened as he took in the sight of the lovely woman that approached. She looked so lovely. Virginal, fertile, like a drop of golden sun touched on an orchid. His eyes never left Ermine as she approached. When Edgar approached, Theolious reached for his bride's hand. Feeling at peace as they stood before the priest.

"Love eternal." The aging man became as he smiled at the young couple. He had blessed and married Theo's parents decades earlier when then a young man. Now in his later life, he would marry the son.

"King Theolious the third, monarch of Layconia, house of his fathers, ruler of night and blessed by the gods of the moon and the beasts, today you have come to claim a bride. Do you take her as your bride, to provide for, adore, and one day bless with your heirs."

Theo smiled and glanced at Ermine. "I, King of all Layconia, do claim Ermine, daughter of Frieda and Edgar the Smith as Bride. Granting her right as Queen and head of all my house. Only below myself. And I hereby proclaim before all Layconia that she will be my greatest treasure and always foremost in my thoughts. Only my responsibilities as King shall come first."

The priest nodded and turned to face the young golden haired woman. "And you? Daughter of Frieda. Do you accept the crown of Queen? Do you acknowledge King Theolious as your husband and Lord? Both as ruler, and as head of your household?"

While she was technically free to deny both the crown and Theo as husband, the ramifications would be great if she did. And more than likely Theo would suffer greatly. Even so, he was by no means concerned. They'd grown close and he felt that there was a bond between them that would only grow stronger in time. He rubbed the back of her hand with his large thumb. Standing just behind the purple clad priest was a young acolyte who carried a pillow upon which was a crown. Once Ermine had accepted her new role, the priest would crown her.

While Theo waited patiently for the ceremony, his thoughts lingered more and more on thoughts of bringing her to his bed that evening.

The wedding was beyond anything she ever could have imagined even if she had ever pictured herself marrying a king. Though the decorations were sparse, they were tastefully done and showed that Irmlia had not only been a wonderful lady of the castle but had learned style and elegance that was fitting of her status.

She found herself prepared for the ceremony by the time that Theo took her hand gently, her eyes catching on his for a brief moment before her attention turned respectfully towards the priest. There was a certain beauty in ceremony, and the beauty was found in the fact that it was scripted the same regardless of class.

Once Theo had accepted her as his wife, the priest turned towards her and recited his lines for the bride’s part and this was the point in which she still had a choice. As a bride, she did still have a right to refuse him in front of all their families and to run from the entire wedding. But no, she couldn’t do that - she frankly didn’t want to.

“I, Ermine, daughter of Freida and Edgar, do accept my crown as Queen. I acknowledge Theolious the Third as my husband, my lord, and my love.” She spoke clear though there was a soft tremor in her voice, more nerves than anything else as it was a large responsibility for her to take on all at once. She had prepared herself, but there was no preparations for the next part of the ceremony.

“By the blessings of the gods and the power given to me by the royalty of this land, I present to those gathered - Ermine, Queen of Layconia and wife of King Theolious the Third.” He motioned towards the boy behind him and beckoned him to meet the couple in front of him, “My King, you may crown and claim your Queen.”

Theo felt his heart begin to sing as Ermine accepted him as husband and herself as his queen. He knew not why yet, as they had known each other for such a short time. Even so, he already felt the burning of desire and lust for her that no woman had ever inspired within him before. His eyes were full of adoration for her as he reached out and took the coronet. Nodding for her to kneel slightly, he rested the crown on her golden tresses and nodded for her to stand. Taking both of her hands, he took a ring that had been made for her. With a sapphire in silver, he guided it onto her finger and handed her a large gold ring to place on his own finger. Once they had been united with their rings, they turned to face the crowd. "And hereby, I give to all Queen Ermine, wife of King Theolious." the priest spoke to the crowd.

With the ceremony over, family came to wish the couple well. Irmlia, Karolina and Katjya were some of the first to welcome Ermine into the family. "We're so glad to have another sister!!!" The younger Katjya beamed as she hugged Ermine. "I do hope that Theo does not occupy your time fully, as I wish to know you much better!!!" Karolina rolled her eyes a bit and laughed. "Do forgive us sister," the elder spoke to their sister in law. "Katjya has always wished for another sister. And we all have become quite fond of you already!"

Irmlia also embraced her new daughter. "Do try not to wait to produce children." The Queen mother insisted, much to the embarrassment of her daughters and irritation of her son, who shot her a glare. She ignored him and continued. "I would very much like to hold a young one in my arms before my age has limited my movements." Theo smiled but still glared a bit at her. "Thank you mother." He replied with a light growl, before sliding his bride away so they might talk with her family for a bit before they all moved to the hall for the dinner of fresh deer that had been hunted and roasted that morning.

After receiving the wishes of Ermine's parents and siblings, Theo took her hand and guided her into the castle and the hall where the deer and small feast were waiting. Nothing extravagant as per the bride's wishes. But enough to satisfy the appetites of those in attendance. Most of all Theo, who had a very veracious appetite. Servants quickly came around to serve, and he took an ample share of the deer as well as tomatoes, cheese, and potatoes. Sipping his wine as he nibbled at a bite of cheese, Theo couldn't help but wonder how his young bride was handling the whole event. In just a short time, he would finally have her alone.

"How are you feeling my dear?" He leaned over to whisper in his ear. His deep growl of a voice caressing her ear and his beard so close to touching her. "I have a surprise planned for you tonight. Something to....help make you feel at ease." He couldn't help but flirt, and there was an unmistakable tone of innuendo in his voice as his words caressed over her. So far, he'd been a perfect gentleman. Eager to make her happy and listen to anything she had to say. But the man of honor and chivalry had developed a strong ache for his bride's flesh, and he could not hold back the beast within him forever. He wouldn't rush her to his bed, but he had no wish to delay it any longer than necessary.

How might she liked to be touched? Perhaps a gentle kiss. First on her cheek, as they had never shared a kiss before. Then a gradual move to her lips. Lingering there before he would drift to her neck. Eventually moving to her soft and young breasts. Bit by bit he would kiss every single inch of her until his lips had claimed her so fully that there could be no doubt.

Shaking himself out of his fantasy as his manhood had begun to swell, Theo looked at his new wife, smiling widely at the thought that she was no his. Bringing her hand to his mouth for a kiss, a low growl escaped his throat and his eyes became fierce. Contact with her skin inflaming his lust once more.

The night could not come soon enough.

The ceremony came to an end as her King, now husband, set her crown upon her head and slid a ring onto her finger and her one on his. As the priest introduced them to the gathered crowd, she slid her hand comfortably into Theo’s and squeezed it, a soft smile upon her lips. Though he wasn’t the man she had chosen, there was a happiness in having wed him, as he was a good man that she could easily come to love, if she hadn’t already begun to love him now.

Theo’s family was the first to come and welcome the new member of the family, his sisters showing their zeal and joy in the fact that they were now to have yet another sister in the family. His mother was the one that surprised her, already urging them to produce children. She had been told that they were to consummate their marriage the night of when they were given their first night together in his room, but she had not expected that they would ask of her already to become heavy with his child.

Ermine gave a pinched smile, unable to respond before the king had already spoken to her about it, her eyes moving instead towards what was easier for her to deal with. The thought of children had not even crossed her mind yet, as she had so much other work to think of that would require her to not be burdened with a large belly and aching hips.

Her family was much more reserved in their congratulations, her mother’s face still wet from the tears she had wept during the ceremony and her cheeks rosy. “It is an honor to have wed our daughter to you.” Edgar offered politely, giving his daughter a soft and approving smile as he kissed her forehead. “You are a most beautiful bridge, my sweet.” He cupped her cheek before letting her go.

Theo led her then back into the feasting hall, where a large meal had been arranged for all of the guests but had been enough to feed them all but lacked the usual over abundance of food that was usually present at royal gatherings. Her nerves were starting to get to her since they were so close to the night, Ermine picking lightly of the fruits and cheeses that she had become fond of.

She had just sipped wine herself when her husband leaned over, his beard tickling her ear and his breath hot against her neck. Goosebumps rose on her flesh and tickled down her arms, bringing her nipples to perky peaks on her breasts and pressing against the fabric of her bodice. “I am well, my love.” She tilted her head to murmur into his ear, “You have done your people and your wife well tonight.” It felt odd to refer to herself as his wife, though it was a term she would have to learn to be accustomed to.

His lips were soft against her hand as he pressed it to his mouth for a soft kiss, her cheeks once again warm with perhaps a mix of wine and blush. Ermine took initiative, her hand reaching up to stroke his cheek, her thumb brushing softly over his lower lip. It was an intimate touch, the first time she had dared to show him any sort of affection as they had been previously unwed, but he was now hers and she was permitted to do so.

The soft smile that had been on her lips widened, becoming a warmer and more pleasant one, her hand retracting from touching him lest she show too much passion and cross the lines. “How do you feel?” She asked, knowing that he must surely be feeling something stronger than her as he had always been the more passionate of the two. Ermine was not without affection but her family had always urged her to be more reserved and quiet as she was a very outspoken girl in her youth.

Theo could tell by the blush on Ermine's face that she too was thinking about their night together. Though he knew not if she was as hungry and desperate for him as he was feeling for her. Regardless, he'd soon have her in his chambers where he could finally let loose the burning overwhelming passion he felt for her young body.

"I feel quit pleased my dear." he replied. Resisting the feeling that her caress caused within him. His manhood yearning in his trousers. "You look so beautiful today. I had to ask myself as I saw you if you were human or a goddess. " Giving her hand another kiss, he ate more. Not wanting to have less than full strength that evening. As his mind had a million thoughts in it. Most of all the ways that he would explore and tease her body before claiming her as his.

As the feast wrapped up, Theo felt the desperation for her body growing and could no longer contain himself. If nothing else, he needed to kiss her and hold her in his arms for the first time. Standing, he reached for her hand, a wicked and hungry smile on his face as he compelled her to stand with him. "Please my dear. I have a surprise for you." he assured her as he slowly escorted her to a yet unseen part of the castle where his large chambers were. A guard waited outside the door and opened it for the King and Queen. Theo bolting the door behind him as they entered the spacious wing that belonged to him. His chambers were two rooms. The first being a large bedroom, with a massive four post bed with fine silk sheets. The other room being a bathroom with a giant bathtub made of marble. Rugs and furs were strewn across much of the stone floor. And across from the bed sat a large fireplace for warmth and light.

The bed had been changed with fresh sheets and blankets earlier in the day. All of Ermine's clothing and personal belongings had also been brought and stored within the room as well. This would be her home now.

By the fireplace sat a table and a pile of pillows and blankets for comfort. Theo guided her off to the pillows while he went to stoke the fire to keep it warm for her. "Would you like to take a bath?" he asked. Curious if she would like some time to relax before.... He would give her that option if she wanted. Otherwise, he would sit by the fire. Kiss her cheek. Caress her soft flesh. Slowly undress her and eventually take her small and lithe body into his arms, carry her to the bed, and deflower her as a husband and wife could only do.

"Shall I send for a pot of tea and some tea cakes that we might share?" Theo asked. His hunger for her was so difficult to resist. But she was young and virginal. And he could wait to allow some tension to build. Gradually touching her until she might yet want him as much as he wanted her.

But gods above was it difficult to not just take her and thrust is manhood deep inside her womanly sex.

Theo had to adjust himself to hide a bit of a bulge from his phallus. Though truthfully, he didn't mind if she saw. As he intended to introduce her to his manhood in short order.

It was not long before the feast was drawing to a close, the guests excusing themselves slowly until the crowd had dwindled to only the closest members of the family. Theo once again beckoned her attention, assuring her that he had a surprise yet in store for her. Ermine had long since finished eating and had been sipping sparingly on her wine by that time, the spirits of the drink keeping a flush on her cheeks and an easier smile on her lips.

Her husband lead her towards the only part of the castle she had not been permitted as of yet to explore, as it was the area that was the king’s personal quarters. The area was extravagant, a large suite that held an expansive bedroom and personal bathing room that was every bit as lovely as she could have imagined. The door was guarded but the king bolted it behind the two of them.

Ermine took her time in looking at the room, admiring the beauty of the place that was to be her home from this day out, her eyes stopping on the bed that she would be spending her nights with her husband in. The anxiety that had been there when she was eating had dissipated by the time she was watching him stoke their fireplace into enough to produce heat for the room.

The anxiety was replaced with an excitement she had experienced only once as a young teen when she had been kissing a young sailor beneath the piers. This was the matured version of it, a desire that she was not familiar with but knew to be the heat of passion. It was plain to see that her husband felt the similar emotion, as his pants were bulging with the pressure of his manhood wanting to be released.

Her mother was not there to guide her in what was proper, but she knew of what the commonplace traditions were. Her body screamed for traditions to be thrown out the window in sake of lust, but she did keep them in the back of her mind. “Perhaps given that we are wedded now, perhaps we should take bath together.” She practically purred the words, rising from the pillows that had been set there for her comfort.

She closed the space between them, her body pressing against his so that she could feel every curve of his frame against her. There was still the innocence of her virginity, but her lips were passionate and heated as she brought him to her for a kiss, her sex aching between her legs as she could feel his manhood press against her mound through her dress.

When she pulled away from the kiss, she was near breathless, her hands stroking his shoulders and moving to his chest, “I am yours to undress, my king.” Her hands moved towards his own robes to have them undone by her hands slowly, "I would like to feel your hands upon me." She added in a softer voice, her young body aching to feel his touch and know him as intimately as a woman could know a man.

Theo was totally taken back by the seductive vixen that Ermine had instantly morphed into. He had expected an innocent and shy virgin. Instead, she was the one to make the first move. Instantly his manhood grew and pressed against her. Pushing between her legs in search of her womanly treasure. His strong hand gripped her and locked behind her back. Caressing her body and gradually drifting down to cup and squeeze the pert ass that his hand had found. Groping her, his lips pressed firmly against her, before moving gradually down to her neck as he had fantasized about. While he kissed and nibbled lightly at her neck, his fingers worked to lift the dress up. Easily pulling it up so it now hung just below her arms. Breaking away, he lifted it up over her head to leave her in only her bodice and undergarments.

"Do not make promises that you are not willing to keep." he whispered to her as his lips once more attacked hers. Fingers moving to quickly unlace the bodice and undress her fully. "I have much strength and a desire that has burned for you and will not easily be quenched. It is likely that I will not be satisfied until morning light. By sunrise, I will have kissed every inch of you. Touched every bit. And taken my fill of your body in such a way that may yet leave us both feeling exhausted and out of breath. "

Soon he had managed to remove everything. The young woman now stood before him in a totally naked fashion. Promptly, Theo stepped back and quickly removed his tunic. Slipping out of his undershirt, his broad and harry chest was before her as he worked to remove his trousers. After finally slipping them down, his bulge was let loose. Pitching a huge tent in his underwear as he dropped that final bit of cloth to the floor. Letting loose his incredible manhood. Long, thick, with a circumcised tip and veins along the length. Precum already built at the tip, a sign of his desire for her.

One thing she might notice was that there was a slight bulge at the base of his manhood. Just above where his meaty balls sat. It was an unmistakable sign for those who knew, but Ermine would know not. Though it was likely time for Theo to reveal.

Wrapping her in his arms, he carried her to the large bed, believing it would be more comfortable. Hovering above her, his hands gently caressed her soft young body as his lips dipped to her neck and began to trail downward. The way he was stretched, his form was taunt, and his sternum and large ribs could be easily see as he worked to kiss and caress her body. Bit by bit, his hungry and eager lips touched her skin softly until he reached one of her small but perky breasts.

Looking up to her face, Theo pressed his face to her breasts and took her nipple into his mouth as he gazed at her. Suddenly his lips became much fiercer on her body as a growl rumbled from his chest. His hands gripped her hips as he kissed down to her tummy and lingered there. Dreaming about how it might one day look with his seed.

"I would like to taste you before we make love." Theo casually mentioned, even as his lips drifted down her tummy, passing over her mound and instead moving to kiss and nip at her inner thighs.

"All eternity could be spent with you and it still might yet not satisfy me." he whispered as his lips pressed against her mound softly. Kissing her pussy lips lovingly, though as he tasted her sweetness, Theo nearly lost control and let loose the beast within. A beast that he must be careful with, as to not break the fragile young woman.

"Ermine...." he growled as he kissed at her sex, his tongue lurching out to lap between her lips in search of her soft folds. Eager for more to work her into a frenzy before he took her.

There was no hesitation in his actions, no holding back from his desire from just her words.The man was eager for her touch, desired her more than she ever could have imagined but her body was ready for him. She was more than excited to oblige his desires, her body pressing snug against him as his manhood pressed up against her in the most primal of ways. He had awakened a part of her that she didn’t know existed, but it was a part that she was enjoying as his touch brought forth goosebumps on her skin and shivers down her spine.

“I would not dare promise something to you, my king, that I could not deliver.” She murmured, his promises of love making long into the morning made her body feel a thrill between her legs again, an area which she had noticed had become quite wet with her excitement. Ermine may have maintained her virginity but she was by no means stupid and she knew what her body was designed to do.

She relished in his touch as he removed her clothes, revealing her small but perky breasts with pert nipples that looked like soft pink buds placed on the mounds. Her body was on the border between thin and muscular, her stomach taut and rump round from having to assist her father while he was doing his duties in the forge. Her body had been stripped of hair the night before by the handmaidens that had attended her to prepare her for her wedding night, every inch of her primped and polished.

Her eyes watched him as he undressed himself and she took all of him in from his large and hair chest to his manhood. Being that she had never seen a man naked before, she hadn’t known what to expect but she instinctively knew that his cock was larger than what she had anticipated considering the size of her virginal hole, her mind pondering for a moment on how he would fit inside of her. What was even more concerning was the bulge at the base of his cock, a swollen thing that looked like it would bust her in half if he put it into her.

Her worries were washed away when he lifted her and carried her to the bed, his lips passionate as he was putting them against her skin. She could feel his touch like sparks of lightning touching her skin, her body arching up into his touch slowly. His beard tickled at her stomach and made her let out a soft giggle at his touch, writhing just a bit beneath him from something that was unexpectedly more than just pleasurable. His mouth moved ever lower towards the mound of her sex, his throat letting out a growl.

Then his mouth was upon her and she couldn’t concentrate on anything but that, her hips pressing up against her will into his mouth. She let out a gasp, her hands grasping the sheets of the bed and her teeth biting down onto her lip. The pleasure of his mouth between her legs was so intense that it was almost painful, her hips bucking into his mouth as he licked at her most tender of parts.

“Ah, nnn--” She had to bite her lip to stop from crying out loud enough that the guards might hear, her sex clenching as it craved to feel him inside of her, “My king, please,” Her voice was pleading with him now because her desire had become a hot, red desperate need. It was so desperate a need that she was almost in pain, her body arching up, “You tease too much, my lord.”

This moment was all that Theo had been waiting for. Here and now, with such a beautiful young woman in his arms, he felt totally content with everything in the world. For the first time in years, he wasn't thinking of the chaos in his kingdom. Or the pending war with a decades old enemy. He wasn't even worried about his own pleasure at this moment. All he wanted was to make the soft and nubile young teen in his arms cry out and scream his name in pleasure and passion. By the end of the night, it was likely that she would be exhausted and lost for breath. So he made a note to be careful with her. Not wanting to break her soft young body, despite the burning and desperate passion her felt for her.

"But then I would miss out on this delicious taste." Theo looked up from his feast to say to his young wife. Her sweet and tangy pussy juice was like ambrosia to his mouth. He could feel her womanhood producing more and more as his tongue and lips caused her to slowly drip. Gods he wanted her so badly. He couldn't wait to push his thick and heavy cock inside of her for the first time. Being gentle as to not hurt her. There would be a time for the rough and aggressive sex he wanted later. Perhaps once she had taken some time to adapt to his thickness. Ugh, just the thought of filling her made him ache and yearn to fill her.

He licked her for some time. Carving his name and her's with his tongue. Soon though, he could not take any more and stood up. "Are you ready to take me?" he asked curiously. The way he stood, his cock had come to rest on her mound and he was slowly grinding it, the tip occasionally grazing her clit.

He wasn't sure yet if Ermine was ready. But there was really only one way to find out.

With eyes focused entirely on her face, Theo took his thick and heavy cock in his hand and lined it with her womanhood. With a slow movement of his hips, he carefully began to push it inside of her. The head struggling to breach her tight virginal opening. An undeniable indicator that she was untouched. "Ughghgh." he groaned in a low and deep tone as he started to fill her very tight womanhood with his phallus. "If it hurts and you need me to slow down, please tell me." Theo looked into Ermine's eyes to say. "I don't want to hurt you. Our first time making love should be special, and intimate."

But Gods above was it difficult not to just grip her hips and fill her with every inch until she couldn't take it anymore. Even now he had pushed more and more, his member filling her. The knot at the end of his cock had not yet penetrated and filled her. Once it did, the knot would expand and lock him inside of her until his balls had been fully emptied.

As he pushed, he waited for the resistance of her hymen. Careful to not push her too hard, given the pain she would soon feel.

His hands caressed her soft and supple form. Eager for every inch of her. "Ermine..." Theo growled softly. "I could spend forever inside of you. Making love to the most beautiful woman ever..."

Surely her begging would have swayed him to move his head from beneath her legs and take her, but she was wrong. Instead, it seemed to invigorate him and make his tongue move on her sensitive clit with patterns that were sent to him most definitely from the devils rather than the gods, as she was sure they wouldn’t condone such a delicious and delightful worldly pleasure. He was as skilled a lover as he was a king, her hips bucking into his attentive mouth and her hands grasping the sheets so hard that her knuckles were white.

Even if she wasn’t ready for him to take her, her body couldn’t deal with it any longer to not feel him inside of her, to feel him take her to the deepest depths and fill her hot sex with his seed. She wanted him with more fervor than she had ever wanted anything else, a desire that ran so hot through her body that she was sure she had the fever of the plague. Her mother had warned her that there would be pain, but she had never warned that there would be pleasure.

His cock continued to tease when his mouth gave her a brief moment of rest, her hips coming still and her hands able to unclench. Each time she felt the head of his cock brush across her clit it felt like an electric spark hitting her, her thighs twitching gently. Her eyes moved from his handsome face and down his chest slowly until they came to rest on his large manhood. He was so much larger than her virginal opening that she knew it would be painful, there was no way for it not to be. But she craved him too much to stop now.

“Please take me, my lord.” She pleaded, her sex starting to throb from the lack of attention in comparison to what she had already been through. His cock’s head felt massive as it pressed up against her, her inside squeezing tight in anticipation of the pain. Ermine’s breath drew in with a sharp noise as his thick tip slid into her slowly, delving into the deeps which had previously been probed only by the Master Healer of the castle to verify her virginity was in tact.

Her hands moved to her lover’s shoulders, grasping him to try and help herself deal with the sensation of being over filled with his cock. It was pain and pleasure intertwined so beautifully that she didn’t know whether to moan or wince. “Don’t worry about hurting me, my king.” She gasped, feeling his cock stretching to the point that she felt she was going to burst.

Ermine gasped as she felt a quick but intense pain between her legs, her sex suddenly wet from something she knew was not her own juices. Her mother had warned that when he took her he would break her maindenhead, and he had succeeded. The moment the pain of that subsided the pleasure was the only thing she felt, her hips arching up to try and take him deeper into her body. Her hands squeezed him again, her sex clenching around him as she let out a low moan.

“I am yours to take, my king.” She purred, her hand moving from his shoulder to take one of his and kiss his palm, “I want you to take me.”

Gods above was she ever a sexy vixen. Theo felt himself twitch and yearn as he filled her with more and more of his seemingly endless manhood. The knot still having yet to fill her tight sex. She was just too beautiful, too sexy, too arousing. There was no way he would have been able to dream up a being so perfect as Ermine had proved to be. Theo was in love with her body, and likely growing to love her soul as well. They were now lovers, husband and wife, and perhaps one day parents.

"You're beyond beautiful my lovely wife." he whispered lustily to her as he filled her. "I could make love to you endlessly." Slowly, he manged to work himself so only his bulging knot at the base of his cock remained yet outside her womanhood. Gently, he managed to work himself into her, gradually filling her with his knot. Suddenly, the bulge filled with more blood and hardened. He was tied inside of her until he came. His manly balls had come to rest against her ass.

Suddenly, as his knot tied them together, Theo felt a rush within him. His inner beasts began to manifest and low growls escaped his throat as he worked himself in and out as much as the knot would allow. His hands slid under her body to hold her back tight, keeping Ermine close to him and held together. "Mine!" he growled aggressively as he spend up his thrusting to take her. "My wife. My love. My beautiful ray of sunrise." Passion and aggression filled his voice and he filled her with himself. Never before had he felt such passion. Only in war did he ever feel so inflamed. This young woman did things to him that no other could possibly do. She was unique, and now she was his.

"Say my name." he growled into her ear as his hips worked. "Say that you are mine. I wish for you to. And I am yours. Your King, master, Lord, lover, and husband. I will never leave you unsatisfied!"

He never wanted to leave this bed. She could stay here in his arms forever.

"Tell me where to touch you?" He whispered softly "Tell me where my Queen most desires to be kissed and touched."

As Theo continued to push his cock ever further into her she was sure that there would reach a point where her body could take no more, as she felt so full already. But still, it accepted every inch of him until his knot pressed against her opening. Her body fought against the swollen bit as he worked to try and push it into her, keeping up the good fight until he forced it beyond her entrance with one good thrust that made her breath catch in her throat and come out in a shaky moan.

Her sex felt so tight around him that she was sure he was going to rip her open in the fervor of their love making, but she was nubile enough that she could accept him. Her walls were pressing snug to him, twitching as he started to move inside of her. She was lost to the sensation, feeling every inch of him inside of her and pleasuring her down to her very soul. She couldn’t hardly concentrate from the waves that spiked up into her from her sex.

His aggressive possession was something of surprise, though she shouldn’t have been shocked from how he was so demanding of her physically. Her body arched into him though, needing his touch and desiring to hear him continue to claim her. There was something about the claim that was a delicious deed, her lips pressing against his skin in every inch she could reach, enjoying the salt of his sweat and the smell of his musk.

Though Ermine was normally not the most obedient of people, she was ever the subservient for him, enjoying his commands as he demanded from her. Her body pressed against him as she struggled to speak through her gasping breaths, “Ahhh, my King!” She bit her lip, her hands clenching, “My god king, Theolious!” She cried out his name, the first time in which she had done so, even in private.

His next command made her hands take hold of his, guiding him to grasp her breasts and squeeze them, her head nestling into the curve of his neck as she bucked her hips into his against her own will. “Oh, my king,” She was getting closer and closer to an orgasm, something that she had not been warned about, “Everywhere… Touch me everywhere.” She was so close to the edge that it was almost a pain, her gasps turning to almost cries with each thrust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom