Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rags, Riches, and Rumors [ Bear & LordBesar ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"To the ends of the earth." Theo agreed. Looking over at his wife and giving her a smile. If their love would last, he would once more take her into his arms and show her the passion and desire that he felt with every minute of his day.

Jilvar slunk through the halls with a careful approach. The sounds of growling and harsh yells had begun to fill the castle. A sign that the coup by the Viscount was in full swing. The hunter was very cautious. Not opposed to knife one of the Viscount's men in the back if it stood between him and helping the King and young Queen escape. It was the only chance they all had to continue on with life.

Thanks though to his years of talent, he easily evaded most of the Viscount's men. One stray manged to get inches away, before Jilvar easily choked the man to the ground before he could shift to his wolf form.

Rushing down to the dungeon, he ran into the room.

Theo sprung up, Growling viciously. "What do you want you slime!" he growled. Aching to shift to his true form and tear Jilvar apart.

"Shut up you fool, we're all going to be dead if we don't get out of here soon." Jilvar fussed. taking no cares about paying proper respect to the man who was legally his king. Unlocking the cell, Jilvar approached Ermine first. Unlocking her chains. Before turning to Theo.

"I have ensured your mother and sisters will escape. And I will take you to them. You have to trust me." he pleaded with the man. "I spoke with Katjya. She took Karolina and Queen mother Irmlia. Now for the love of your family, and your own skin, please don't try to attack me. I'm still not opposed to killing you."

Theolious was furious. The man had already deceived him once. But at the same time, he cast a glace to his wife. Still sick with the poison. Sighing at the risk he was about to take, Theolious stood still. letting Jilvar unlock the chains.

"Ah, the dog has manners." The hunter mocked. Eliciting a growl from the King, though Theo remained still as Jilvar removed the chains.

"Now we fly king pup." the hunter insisted. "Take your bride and we run. As fast as human legs may take us."

Nodding, the king grabbed his wife and flung her over his shoulder. The sent of the wolfsbane hurting his nose. Still, he was able carry her along. Rushing out of the hidden tunnels that led through the castle sewer system and to the river. Where they ran as fast as two legs would take. Stopping for rest once to settle. Before they carried on to meet the rest of the family.

Their smell reached her far before she could see them approaching, slow-moving shadows in the night as the sounds of howls and screams played a background symphony of treason and betrayal. Even in her wolf form she couldn’t stand the sight of her family’s inheritance being destroyed, her ears flat against her head as she paced. The smell of her brother was enough to agitate herself and the others at the same time, the small pack becoming restless as Theo came near.

It was apparent almost immediately that something was wrong with Ermine from the way she dangled limp on Theo’s shoulder, Katjya’s lips pulling back from her teeth as the distant scent of wolfsbane struck her nose. She snorted to free herself of the scent, scratching up leaves from the dirt to mask it. Her eyes moved then instead to Jilvar, whom she knew to be the culprit of the poisoning. Wolfsbane poison was tricky when dosed to a human, and it spoke highly of his skill that he mixed it for Ermine not to die, but it had so many terrible effects on the wolves around her.

When the trio was within a safe distance she forced herself into a shift, coming up from the ground naked as the day she was born but confident enough to not care that her clothing had been left behind. Nude, she was every bit as beautiful as one could imagine, with taut muscles and perky breasts, her nipples perk on the gentle mounds from the chill of the air and goosebumps dimpling her skin just enough to raise the tiny hairs on her body. In the moonlight, she was a true vision, her tawny hair hanging loose around her shoulders and eyes vibrant with the heavy mix of fear and excitement. She rushed to meet them, nostrils flaring as she inspected Ermine, then zeroed in on Jilvar.

“Hunter,” She barked at him, her voice still so close to the wolf she had been moments previous, “The hell have you done to her? Wolfsbane could have killed her, human or not. What is she had been with pups? You’d have killed a litter of heirs.” She was fretting over what could have happened, her anger still broiling on the surface. “Give her the antidote.” Fretting had turned towards the most pressing concern. If Ermine couldn’t take the bite, then she wouldn’t be able to bear an heir, which would leave Theolious without pups to take over the kingdom. A king unable to sire children wasn’t much of a king, especially in the eyes of other kingdoms.

“You do have a way to fix her, right?” She asked, coming to the realization then that Theo wouldn’t have let his young wife stay ill if it had been as simple as another potion or pill. Ermine didn’t look close to healthy, her skin pallid and body weak and near lifeless. She clung to her husband with what strength she had, but even then Theo was doing most of the work. It looked grim, to say the least.

"Hush, let the man speak!" Theolious growled at his sister. His hair bristling up as he assumed his stance as alpha. Even though his Kingdom was being userped, Theo was still Alpha over his own family. Including Katjya, Karolina, and even his own mother. And right now, his concern for his young wife was all he could focus on. Nothing else mattered until she could be cured. So obsessed with her health, he actually towered over her as she lay motionless, stricken with the affliction the hunter had cursed her with.

"I swear upon the moon and all the gods that if you do not help her, I will gut you where you stand." the deposed King assured Jilvar. Teeth ready to tear the man apart. Human form or wolf. No matter which.

Rolling his eyes, the hunter crouched over the stricken human woman. Holding her mouth open while he produced a vial from his tunic. Pouring it down her throat. "This should help a bit, but ultimately I'm not sure what to do really. I had never really considered how to totally cure her. That was not what I was paid for. You must understand, The Viscount was perfectly alright with her death. She was collateral damage to him."

"I'm fucking tear your throat!" Karolina barked from nearby. About to lunge at Jilvar and destroy him once and for all. It was only Queen Irmlia's hand that stayed her feet. "Hush young one." the aging Queen growled. Reminding Karolina that as yet, she still ranked higher. "The hunter may be a fool. Suckered by a wicked cretin like Erwhla, but killing him will bring no closure to this family. If your sister dies, your brother may choose this man's fate. But for now, let us all be patient. Much is still yet to be determined. And hastily decided actions is not our way. Nor will it ever be."

Taking a long breath to control herself, Karolina nodded. Submitting to her older and much wiser mother.

"What then mother?" Theo asked. Hovering above his wife. A concerned look on his face. Ready to tear the world at the seams should she perish before his eyes.

"There is only one action that we must." Irmlia sighed. Closing her eyes. "We must seek out the myth. The first of our pack. Only he would hold the power to fix Ermine."

Ermine was only catching half of the words that they were saying, the second dose of the temporary fix to keep her healthy assisting in waking her up so that she caught what Queen Irmlia said. “The-- No. It isn’t safe.” What color was in her face drained out almost immediately as she thought of the stories she’d been told about the original wolf. She had been told of the other race of creatures that were in the land that neighbored theirs and the ferocity they had. The stories told that the wolves kept them at bay with their numbers and pack strength, but the bears were physically more powerful.

“My king, they tell us stories of the bears that neighbor our land. With me weak I put all of you at risk. I can’t lose you.” She grasped him, clinging close to his chest. Katjya was on the defensive now, her arms over her chest, “You won’t lose him. He has what’s left of his pack. A pack of wolves can take down a bear with no problem…” She sniffed, head turning towards the castle as melancholy howls moaned from the halls. “But we need to leave. Now.” The hairs rose on the back of her neck and she shivered.

“What’s your decision, brother? You are still our rightful king. Lead your pack.”

Sorry, kinda flopped on this one!

Taking a long and deep breath, Theo knew that there was no time to waste. If his mother was indeed right, the First Wolf. The supposed ancestor to their kind, a myth his grandmother had once taught him; only this creature had the knowledge and insight to cure his bride's affliction. Restoring her to health. "Do you have legs to keep up? You're going to make right what you wronged, and help protect my family." Theo barked at Jilvar. Hoisting Ermine into his arms, he hushed her with a kiss to the forehead. Cringing at the residual wolfsbane in her system. "We run, now. The pack together."

Jilvar nodded. His hatred for the wolves forced inside. Waring with the idea of a life where he and Katjya could be more than enemies. Perhaps lovers. For now, he needed to get back into the pack's good graces. And protecting them while Theolious sought a cure for Ermine was the best way. "Lead on, I will follow from the rear." he assured Theo. Readying himself for the long run across wide country. To the rocky country that bordered the two kingdoms of shifter beings.

Giving a nod and a growl, Theo held his lithe young wife tight. His arms snug around her and his muscles ready to run. Taking along breath to ready himself, the deposed king began to run. Long strides forward with his powerful legs. calves and hamstrings tight and firm as he thundered forward. The family, his pack, falling in line behind. Irmlia and Karolina had shifted to wolf form. Taking the flanks to provide cover. IN her wolf form, The Queen Mother was still a vibrant woman. But her coat bore flecks of gray. Even so, she was equal to any young wolf or hunter that would challenge. Karolina was more spry. Agile and mobile. Often times, she would run out at night to hunt in her wolf form. Occasionally accompanied by a family member. But often alone.

Jilvar indeed followed behind. Partly to show he was in fact not going to betray them. But also so that he could run as close to Katjya as possible. His undeniable attraction to the young woman strong. While he didn't know what to say to prove his sincere angst for the trouble he'd been duped into causing, he did at least run as close as possible.

Hours began to past. Miles flying by as the pack journey across country. Using lesser know hunting trails and avoiding villages to steer clear of any soldier or nobles. As Theolious was unsure how deep the coup d'eat against him ran. Whether it started and ended with Erwhla, or was deeper than that. To protect his family, he took a long route across the kingdom. One that would take at least two days to manage. Even at the advanced pace he and his pack could manage.

Jilvar also could not manage quiet the same pace. While he was indeed an amazing physical specimen for being pure human, he also had human limitations. And his legs could bear but some much during a single day. At night, he and Theo would find somewhere to camp. And the King always checked on his bride. Worried for her health. Even as they gradually neared the border where the supposed First One resided.

"Have they been found of yet?" Viscount Erwhla thundered. Marching across the throne room in a furious step. It had been almost three days since Theolious and Ermine had escaped the dungeons, the hunter being suspected. As he'd mysterious vanished before guards could capture him too. In that time, the coup had been fully set into motion. The castle and capital was under total control. The nearer villages were falling in line.

But even though he'd almost cemented his grip, there was a fear in the back of his mind. As long as Theo was alive, there was a risk he would return and attempt to reclaim the throne. The thought tore at his mind. And already he was dispatching more and more of those soldiers loyal. Sending them far and wide to hunt for the deposed king. To return, either in chains, or with his head.

"This is the place mother?" Theolious asked when they had finally reached the rocky land far off.

"As my mother was told, and from before her. IF he does not exist, I am diminished for lack of wisdom. If he yet lives, he and he alone would know of a cure." Irmlia nodded. Having switched back to human form. Walking slightly ahead of her son and into the canyon she had led them all to.

Deeper into the gully they ventured. Craggy rocks and moss the only thing in sight. Minutes turned long, and nearly an hour had passed before they finally came deep into the rocky land, a cave at the base of the mountain. Taking a breath, Queen Irmlia let out a low barking growl.

Silence befell the group. And no one moved our spoke. Only the sound of the wind and their breath could be heard.Time passed slowly, and Theo began to grow impatient. Ready to turn around and leave. His opinion that this had all been a vain fool's errand. When suddenly a low growl from deep in the cave found his ears.

A figure began to emerge from the darkness. A man who looked to be in his middle age. And yet as fresh as the morning sun. Long blonde hair on his head that was tied back closely in a braid. His beard full but carefully maintained. A plain buckskin tunic on his body. His form behind broad, strong, and tall as a tree. Slowly stalking forward, he stopped a distance from the pack.

"My kind has come home it seems." He chuckled in a low and warbly voice. Gauging their expressions and reactions.

The decision was made and from that point on everything was nothing more than the passing of trees and the passing of time even slower. The pack didn’t move as fast as she knew they could, mostly because they were burdened with Ermine’s weak body but also because Jilvar was still just a man. Katjya felt his eyes on her at times as they ran, observing her in her unashamed nakedness, the way her breasts bounced and her lithe muscles moved as they ran. During the first day, she had come close to commenting on it, though decided against it. It wouldn’t do well for the pack to start a fight.

She stole clothing the first night, men’s pants so that she was free to run and a loose tunic that hung down nearly to her knees. It was obviously from a very portly older man, but they were clean and covered her from Jilvar’s lustful gaze. The running did give her time to think, on the kingdom and where everything stood, and even of her own choices that had lead her to this. She had made the risky decision to trust a hunter and let him lead her family away, had even made the risky decision to let him stay with them. But was it worth it?

He was showing that he was physically an apt man, as he kept up with the pack and didn’t once complain about the pace that was set or the silence in which hung heavy over them for the most part. The conclusion that she came to was that she could respect him, if nothing else than for the fact that he was a good man at the heart of things, though misguided his teachings as a young man had been. He had seen the error of his ways, even if it was just because his cock swelled when he caught sight of her.

Unlike Katjya, Ermine was struggling to keep her thoughts together, her mind clouded and foggy, drifting in and out of a sleep-like state. Theo’s body was warm enough that she was comfortable being carried, and she was too weak to protest against being carted around like a sack of flour. She was only dimly aware of time passing, though no more aware than as she felt weaker with each new sunrise and weaker more as the sun set to let the moon hang heavy over them. By the time that the pack had made it to their destination, she was a pale thing that looked a ghost of her normal self, her lips dry and cracking and her eyes hardly able to remain open.

As they waited outside the cave, she struggled with the fight against the sleep that was threatening her mind, her vision wavering as she finally saw a man emerge from the dark. He looked every bit a god himself as any she’d had described to her, young in form and handsome beyond words. He held himself with all of the power of the men that had ruled the lands before him, his chest puffed with pride and gait almost a strut.

He didn’t look to be anything horridly remarkable, but if the royal family trusted him with her life then she knew he was more than he appeared to be. Her voice was weak when she mustered the strength to talk, her hand tapping Theo gently, “Where are we?” She whispered, trying to bring herself to concentrate.

Katjya watched from the back of the group, her arms crossed over her chest and a vivid frown on her lips, nearing almost a scowl. The young queen was weak, that much was evident. She hadn’t wanted to say anything to Theo, as she was sure that he knew, but she could almost smell the beginning of death on the girl. She had barely stirred the past few hours and it had started looking… Grim.

She couldn’t bear to continue to watch, grasping a fistful of Jilvar’s clothes to drag him forcibly but quietly away from the group, her feet finding the quietest past away from the rest of her family. Katjya lead him to an area that was enclosed with large, thorny bushes, small depressions in the grass telling that it was used as a nesting ground for a large beast. “Tell me, hunter,” She turned to face him now, releasing his clothes, “What do you gain from helping us now? Ermine likely won’t survive the night.”

Years ago, Theo had heard the stories from his grandmother about the supposed first one. The being who'd been created and gifted by the gods with the ability to transform between human and wolf forms. The ancestor to all who now walked in his footsteps. For many years Theo had assumed this was a myth. The creation of an older woman who wanted to instill pride in a growing young pup. Who had a tendency to fight and show off his skills. Still now, standing in the presence of a man who shouldn't exist, the King was skeptical. Hesitant to trust his wife's entire future to a cave dwelling hermit.

But even so, he stepped forward. Moving across the open space and toward the man. Ermine in his arms. A pleading look on his face. "Can you cure her?" Was all he asked. Eyes full of emotion and rage that burned deep. Some rage still reserved for Jilvar, who if Ermine died would likely be torn apart. But much of his rage was reserved towards Viscount Erwhala, and his own person. Had he been more cautious, this whole coup d'eat could never have occurred in the first place. In the future, should she live or die, caution would always be on the forefront of his mind.

The First One paused. Considering the scene before him. Casting a glance to all those assembled. His eyes settling on each member of the pack. Studying them carefully. Finally getting to Ermine. His nose having detected the wolfsbane that had so afflicted her as to threaten her very life's breath. Breathing deep in his own nostrils, the First One nodded. "I can. But I should warn you, there is a restriction to this process that she must agree to. You yourself cannot."

"What? What is important. Name it and I'll do whatever it takes for her." Theo insisted. Pleading to do anything to cure his wife. Trusting this man almost implicitly.

"Come inside, I'll provide something that can improve her, but more will need to be discussed." The First One insisted. Heading off into the cave and motioning for them to follow along.

Theo followed immediately. Carrying his dying wife inside. Eyes adjusting to the darkness to reveal an entire home carved into the stone. Walls and rooms. Bookcases and storage. Centuries of work had clearly been spent turning what appeared to be random cavern, into an almost fortress. Heavy stone doors protecting various rooms inside. While it was possible that some large group had managed the task, the sight before the pack seemed to lend credence to the idea that this blonde adonis was in fact the first of the wolves. Having spent countless years in this cavern hollowing it out and creating a home inside.

Leading them to a large room with vaulted ceilings, a huge oak table in the middle, the first one went to fetch wine for his guests. Especially Ermine. "The wine will help improve her to some extent."

"Your wife needs more than just medicine. Medicine itself may cure her symptoms, but the poison will never leave her system. And if untreated, will continue to destroy her. As pure humans are much weaker than we, who can handle great doses without death. " The wolf began to explain. Eyes focused on Theo. Who held Ermine in his lap. His fists clenched in tight balls that rest on his wife's stomach. Listening intently.

"Then what? Name the cure." He snapped. Teeth out. Shockingly, the First One said nothing. Only chuckling with silent laughter. "Pup, you have much to learn still." The blonde haired wolf spoke. His tone filled with such utter confidence and authority that even Theolious, an Alpha, backed down.

Leaning forward, their host pressed his hands together. "She requires the gift of the moon." He explained simply. Instantly, all the wolves knew what was meant. Ermine needed to be shifted. Only once her body pulsed with the hot blood of a wolf would she be cured.

"And I could sure her with my bite?" Theolious asked incredulously. Shocked that he hadn't thought of it.

Shaking his head, The First One cast a glance at Irmlia briefly. Before turning back to Theo. "No, while your blood is strong. True alpha, she requires more potency. Mine will suffice. But I will not bite her without approval from her own lips. No others."

All the while they conversed, Jilvar had followed along behind Katjya. Pondering what to say to her. Anything that might make her forgive his sins and absolve his poor standing in her eyes. "I do not know, if your sister dies." he spoke, referencing Ermine. "Your brother will end me. And I will have earned it. But...if my some miracle, this man is able to save her, I will do whatever is in my power to beg forgiveness."

"You see, I've spent so long at war with your kind, I'd forgotten why we are even at war in the first place. What has my purpose been? In destroying the life of two people I knew not, and truly did not offend enough to care. My head belongs in the jaws of your executioners. Surely my life is forfeit for causing such grief and distress. Yet still, if I may yet resolve this conflict and amend my past transgressions, is it not worth the effort? If only to cure my own conscious. And perhaps win some favor in your eyes."

Reaching down to take her hand, Jilvar kissed the back of it. His eyes focused on Katjya. "One day, you'll either kill me or forgive me."

Ermine was only dimly aware that the scene around her had changed, her eyes adjusting to the dark as she was carried by her husband into the heart of the First One's lair. Her eyes moved around the rooms to see the beauty that the man had created, each thing more beautiful than the next. He had spent an eternity inside of these stone walls perfecting his home, had truly made a mansion out of the great stone that he'd carved into. It must have been painstaking work, but it was something to surely keep his mind off of the years that passed and the loved ones that he'd have to watch suffer and die. It was a blessing and a curse for him to live as long as he had, she could imagine, as he would never die but he would also never truly live.

As she was set down onto the great oak table she eased down, letting her head fall down to the side where she could see Theo. Even though worry and stress lined his face he was still the most handsome thing she'd seen, her hand reaching out to find his, her grip weak but still there enough that she felt confident in him. She liked the warmth of his hand on hers enough that she drifted away, her eyes closing. The feel of cool liquid on her lips made her eyes open, finding that a cup was being held to her lips with cool wine in it, drinking weakly. The wine warmed her cool body enough that she didn't feel as weak, her head able to lift to drink more, though she was still far from mobility once again. Ermine let her eyes open so that she could be aware of the room around her, finding that they were two less than before.

The First One was explaining to Theo about the cure and the fact that she would be the only one able to agree to it, her eyes focusing in on the man. He was talking about the bite, which she still hadn't come to a full decision for. It wasn't a decision that she could afford to make anymore, as it was either accept the bite from the First One or she would die here on the table with Theo still just barely married to her. They hadn't even been able to spend a honeymoon together and she mourned that, because their life had already been through hell and they had only just truly gotten to know each other.

"I'll accept the bite." She murmured, squeezing Theo's hand firmly enough that it gave her hope that all was not lost for her. She felt stronger, felt more aware than before, but she was far from being out of the woods.

She couldn't see the First One, but she felt him as he leaned down over her, his breath on her neck as he sniffed at her slow. "Are you sure? This will hurt more than you can imagine." He questioned, polite enough that he knew that the Curse was not for everyone and not everyone would be able to survive the change once bitten. Ermine licked her dry lips and nodded slow, "I am sure." His body moved back away from her and she heard his change more than she saw it, the man turning into a beast that was much larger than even Theo's, his body towering over her like the vast creature that he was, his teeth large enough they looked like they would chew through her neck with just a nibble.

He stepped back up to the table again, his breath hot and damp as he leaned back in. His mouth opened over her throat, teeth closing slow around her. It was pressure at first, and she knew he was going to be as gentle as he could. Her teeth clenched as she felt his teeth press against her skin until it broke, his tongue lapping slowly at her skin as her blood oozed from the fresh wounds. A low grumble came from his throat, a mix between a noise of pleasure and a growl, her body responding in the sudden racing of her heart. It wasn't the excitement that Theo gave her, but a new excitement that was unlike anything she'd felt before. Her blood was running hot as it spread out from the bite, her muscles spasming beneath the skin as they filled and overfilled with the power of the Curse.

The First One stepped away from her now, watching silently in his wolf form as she started to finally move on the table, though not in a positive way. Her hand wrenched away from Theo, writhing as the power turned towards pain, her head tossing back to let out a long wail. Every muscle felt like it was being ripped from her skeleton as her body shook visibly, the hair sprouting slowly in patches. She jerked again, this time rolling onto her stomach as her hips cracked like a whip into a new position. Her head snapped forward, making contact with the table that she didn't even feel as her back arched up, nails turning to claws as they dug into the table. Ermine let out another wail of pain, the last of the transformation taking over and turning her higher pitched wail into a deep, echoing howl.

As the pain ebbed away, she lay panting on the table, a large but beautiful wolf with a thick pelt that was a rich auburn color. Her eyes were still manic, human but not enough that she understood the world around her. Her head turned, staring at each of the people that surrounded her, lips pulling back into a low snarl. The world had ceased to make sense, her nostrils flaring as her hackles raised. The First One watched her silently, his eyes moving from the young, frightened wolf that was on the table to her husband. As Ermine drew her teeth at the First One, he let out his own low growl of his own, from deep within in his chest. She didn't merely back down. She pressed down onto the table, tail tucking between her back legs. For a moment, it looked as if she would lose her mind completely to the wolf, but instinct took over. There were too many humans here for her, and she couldn't process it all.

Instinct drove her to flee, her claws gouging deep rivets into the table. The First One leaned over the table now, his great paws on it, nipping at Theo and motioning his head after Ermine. There was only one wolf that needed to follow her, and he was the one that was to be her mate for life.

Katjya was having a hard time processing his words, her hand limp in his hand as he pressed it to his lips, almost wanting to pull away though there was genuine regret in his face. "If she survives this night, then tomorrow morning you will be forgiven of your crimes against the kingdom and my family. If she dies tonight," A wail of agony pierced the air, echoing from the cave that her family had entered, the sound of it chilling her to the bone. Her lips pulled back from her teeth, "If she dies tonight, my brother will hang your hide on our castle walls for all of the kingdom to see the man that killed the first of their own to become royalty." She growled.

Her hostility was paused as the wail came again, turning to a howl at the end that made every hair on her body raise to attention. She shivered, feeling the wolf inside of her perk up with interest and want to respond in turn. That part of her wanted to shift, to chase after the wolf that she knew would come soon. Instead, she eased up visibly and turned her attention back to Jilvar. "You're in luck." She said, the smile turning into a smirk, "As long as the Queen doesn't find you... Come with me." She brought him in close to her then, away from the obvious path and into the brush, where she kicked dirt up onto his visible skin. "Stay quiet... Let's hope she doesn't smell you." She whispered, her body pressed against him in the tight space and eyes wide as she stared into the dark, waiting for the beast.

Had her life not been on the line, Theolious would have considered himself selfish to ask his bride to take the bite and shift. While his desire to keep her in his arms forever was powerful enough, he had planned on asking her to accept his bite in some years. Once she was use to being Queen and Bride. It was only due to the necessity of the moment that he let her choose the First One's bite. Accepting her fate as a member of his pack. Sitting back, Theo crossed his arms. Watching as the man who claimed to be ancestor to all slowly tore her neck open. Venom tearing through her body. The current state of the moon accelerating her transformation and transition into wolf form. Only a short time passing between the initial bite and the final form as a wolf.

Snarling under his breath, Theo removed his clothing swiftly and ran after her. Shifting into his huge wolf form in the process. "Come back now." he barked. His language mixed between human and the fierce snarls of his more animalistic form. Huge legs and arms turning furry and lean. Throwing himself on the ground just as his mouth became a snout and his eyes focused. Viewing his bride as prey that needed to be captured. Not being a genetic wolf like himself, this would all be a totally new sensation. Her sense would be confused. Her nose suddenly detecting scents for miles and ears doing the same. Eyes now more focused and able to zero in for the sake of a hunt. "She must be fearful. Going so soon from near death to a new form as a wolf shifter." He mused while running after her. Sniffing out her scent and following the trail.

His nose briefly caught wend of Katjya and Jilvar, who were out walking. Their conversation reaching his ears. "Get him away or he might be ripped to bits." Theo snapped in wolfish to his sister. She able to hear him despite being in human form. Katjya was clearly already on it. Having pulled the hunter aside and kicked up dirt to mess with the scent. Growling back in response to her wolfly brother as he hunted after his bride. He'd only had a brief moment to catch her scent, working from that small memory as his four legs carried him out and into the woods around the area. Hunting the woman he loved.

As it was rare for wolfs to be changed by bite in their time, dealing with that transformation was difficult. When a human first shifted, they had to be carefully protected and controlled. Else they risked losing their mind and devolving into pure animal form. Wild and untamed. Often killing at will. Totally unable to control their actions. That was what Theo had to prevent. He needed to find his wife and protect her from herself. Or else he risked losing her, in a wholly different way.

After a few minutes of slightly aimless running, his nose and ears caught Ermine. Running roughshod towards a pack of elk. Clearly her hunger taking over. With a loud bark, Theolious doubled his pace. Running after her with all his might. "NO! Ermine! Stop!" he barked at her loudly. The trees ringing out with noises of his yelping. Gaining ground on her thanks to his much longer legs and more well trained abilities as a wolf. Eventually just yards behind the sunshine colored wolf. Snapping at her tail. "Stop! And submit!"

"Thanks. I owe you one." The hunter replied. Dusting himself off once Ermine and Theo were long gone. Standing up and sighing. "Shall we join your family in the cave? I"m kind of hungry, and that First One might have something to eat? I'm sure you're starving too."

Walking with Katjya back to the cave for some good, Jilvar kept glancing over at her. The beauty of the young Princess having destroyed his former hard exterior. Making his persona much softer and malleable. Already a different man from whom he had been just days prior. "If your brother brings his wife back, then we need to make a plan. The Viscount won't be satisfied until you're all either dead or in irons deep in hole in the ground. Trust me, I know his mind. We need to prepare. And soon."

Every sense was on fire and every part of her was screaming one loud and clear message - run. There was no fighting the urge, no resisting against it and the freedom she felt as her muscles worked beneath her skin was unlike any other. This new form was powerful, her ears rotating as the various sounds of the forest came in clear, her nostrils flaring as the mixed smells of the upturned dirt from beneath her powerful new feet and the smell of fear of local wildlife.

It was unlike anything she'd ever experienced before, to feel the air through her fur and the pure freedom of it. Her head tossed back again, a fresh wild howl coming from deep within her chest. There was something new as her howl died down, another set of feet behind her and a smell in her nose that was familiar, like a dream she was struggling to recognize. The voice she heard made sense but didn't at the same time, furthering her confusion as her human nature and beast nature warred in her frightened and exhilarated body.

It wasn't until she felt teeth snap around her tail did she stop, the words finally breaking through the wall of fear and confusion, her head whipping around to face him. His smell was everywhere, so strong that it was almost suffocating her. Her teeth pulled back from her lips and her ears fell back against her head, her hackles raised as she fell back into a defense position, the beginning of a snarl on her mouth. It died as the smell clicked into place, a distant memory of a man coming to mind. The image filtered slow through her animal mind, her lips lowering to cover her teeth again slowly.

Her throat worked hard as she let out a small bark, then found the word she was looking for, "Theo?"

Ermine didn't need confirmation from him, her ears raising slowly and body easing up as her human mind started to creep back in. She felt the awareness spread, her nostrils flaring. A new smell was there now - one that was more powerful than the musk of his fur and the heat of his sweat. It was sharp against her nose but a light smell at the same time, her head nearing him, sniffing at his side. It wasn't until she'd neared his hips that she realized what she smelled - his cock.

It was nature for her to want him, even in this form, and her own body felt a fresh excitement. The animal in her rose up again, her head nuzzling beneath his chin before sliding back around, back legs lifting and tail raising to present herself to him, in the way only a she-wolf could.

The Queen had lived. Even better, the Queen was on her first run with her King, a thing that was not only tradition but an excitement for the entire pack. If she survived the night as a wolf then she would be able to bear his pups, which would mean the family line could continue. The sound of wolves in the distance called to her own, but she forced it down, instead focusing on Jilvar.

Though he was a human, he was handsome thing in his own way, though not the same rugged attractiveness as the royal family normally took in. She fought with the silence as they made their way back to the cave, her eyes on the path as she fought over her own thoughts. "A plan," She said finally, trying to think of what they could do to take back their kingdom, "There is power in the pack. I know there are men still faithful to our father and his line. They know the power of the true Alpha. Erwhla wouldn't stand a chance against a true pack." Her head turned towards the opening of the cave, where the howls couldn't be heard and she worried for a moment, "If Theo can bed her quick enough that would be enough to prove our line is the true heir."

Her eyes moved then to Jilvar, a smile finding her lips, "And perhaps your contacts can help us as well. You being a hunter may prove useful. We can't use wolfsbane... But you can."

"Good, you're learning." He barked back at her. Feeling Ermine relax and begin to come to grips with her dual nature. Right now her human mind would be at war with her wolf one. Struggling to choose between the two. The first shift was always the hardest. Like losing virginity almost. Painful in some ways. Though there was a chance the experience would improve as time wore on. Thankfully, Theolious was here to help her. Just like he had been when he'd taken her sexual virginity not long ago.

Snapping at her flanks, he asserted control. Showing that she was his lesser. A member of the pack, with he as Alpha over all. Assert dominance over her had a side affect. Theo was becoming horny. It had been days since they'd made love, and his balls were filled to the brim. What's more, her scent was driving him wild. It smelled like she had gone into heat. And the need to pin her down and mate was stronger than ever. More so even than their wedding night. Where all he'd been able to think about was pinning her down and slamming himself inside of her endlessly.

"Grrr, my mate. My love. My wife." He growled. Biting her back haunches lovingly. Coming behind the woman he loved. Cock sliding out of his sheath. Mounting her from behind, Theo lined his cock up and entered her. Feeling her wolfly pussy wrap around him. His knot swelling inside of her. Tying the two of them together as they mated. "I missed you. So very much." He growled in her ear. Yelping and growling as they rutted together. Fucking like animals.

Biting the back of her neck with need, Theolious's hot breath teased her. His thrusts speeding up. His need and her scent being too great of a combination to resist.

"If you brother can indeed make heirs, your pack stands a great chance. But the treachery likely goes deeper than any of you know." Jilvar spoke as they walked into the cave for food and drink. "The Viscount has been in communication with your enemies. And Theolious was to be handed over as a prize. Likely they will combine their forces if there is a fear Theo will return at the head of an army. As I'm sure he intends to."

Realizing that the week's situation had been tense, and perhaps some lighter fare may be in order, Jilvar shrugged. "Let's leave that for when your brother and his wife return." The hunter suggested. "I'm sure there is food and drink to be had, and a bed to rest in."

"True enough there is son, and even for you." The First one called out as Jilvar and Katjya came into the hall. "I have a bed for each of you. And there is meat and wine. Drink, and be marry. For right now the pack is being saved. By the love of two."

Ermine still struggled with her ability to understand the language used on their wolf tongues, but there was no misunderstanding the spark that was between them. It was almost like physical electricity that made her tingle, her body aching to feel him mount her and take her much as he had before when they wed. It was another wedding, of sorts, for her to become a member of his pack and she was every much in awe of him now as she had been before. Her instincts knew what she wanted, and should she have been a wiser wolf or should Theo have been taught properly from his father prior to the man's death he would have known to deny these instincts.

Instead, they were both giving in to it, her sex craving to feel him inside of her as she waited patiently for him to mount. Theo didn't take long, as his body was already craving her more than he could express, mounting her as if he had taken a she-wolf before. His cock slid from his sheath and she could smell him in his entirety then, his cock delving deep into her folds almost immediately. She let out a cry of pleasure as he forced his way into her deep, her body eager and tight around him. His knot was already forming inside of her heat, her body pressing back against him the best that she could as she let out low, deep groans in her throat.

The tapered tip of his cock was rubbing deep inside of her, his knot holding him in thick and secure, stretching her and giving just enough pain for her to truly appreciate the pleasure. Sex as a wolf was so drastically different than as a human, more intense but less romantic, a more fucking than a love making. His teeth grasped her scruff hard and she tensed but her sex clamped tighter around him, a low whine coming from in her throat.

Irmlia was old but her powers had become no less powerful in her age, her eyes on the opening of the cave as she worried over what was happening out in the woods. The two of them were deeply in love but Theo was just a man. He was a wonderful king and a gracious husband, but he was also still so uneducated on some of the finer things of being a wolf. Her lips pressed together just a bit more, worry lining her face, "First One," She murmured, "My worry is not whether my son can provide heirs. I am assured that Ermine would be more than willing to bear sons for him." Her eyes moved back to the cave's mouth, where she hoped to have Theo lead a naked and sheepish Ermine in, human but not at the same time.

"I am not the same young pup I was when I was wed to the late king, but my nose is still as sharp as it was." Her eyes moved over to her daughters, as even they didn't know the truth about some of what was going on and the possibilities of what would happen. "Ermine is in heat. She is capable of bearing either pups or child. If Theo mates her tonight and ties with her, we will have a larger problem on our hands than just a coupe."

She pinched at the bridge of her nose between her eyes and sighed, "If they mate she could be heavy with pups. That is no easy feat for a woman to deliver, as her body will return to human. The pups will grow at normal rate for pups and be normal size for pups. We normally only allow this type of mating when we are in desperate need of heirs. I worry they may make a grave mistake in the name of passion."

Had Theo not been in the middle of a bout of mating passion, he'd have remember what his father had once told him and not mounted Ermine so quickly. Mating among their kind was a careful and calculated move. Never did they mate while in wolf form. As the females would carry wolf pups instead of human ones as a result. As such, the female would face one of two options. Either carry them to term as a wolf. Which ran certain risks. Most notably the loss of human functions and reasoning. As Ermine had barely escaped. Or, the female could carry the pups in her human form. Which would likely result in a giant belly. And various other bodily changes. Including a snapping and easily irritated demeanor.

But Theo didn't remember those words as he hammered into his wolfly wife. All he cared about was mating furiously with her. Driving in and out as his knot held them together in carnal passion. The desire to seed her body greater than the voice of reason inside his head. "You're such a good girl for me." Theolious growled into his wife's ear. His thrusts almost brutal. Or at least they would have been. Had she not been in her more sturdy and durable wolf form. He'd been forced to be more gentle. But now that she was a child of the moon like himself, the need for care and caution was more or less tossed to the wind like chaff from wheat. They were eternal lovers. Forever locked in the embrace of the night. Bound together by the desires of the heart, and the knot of his loins.

"Ugh, gonna cum. Cum with me my love." He snapped. Nibbling at her ear. His haunches propelled his manhood hard and fast into her. Yearning for release. Giving her one last good thrust deep inside, Theolious could hold back the torrent of his love no longer. Thick loads of seed rushing out. His body having been full of the creamy life giving fluid. Huge ropes of it squirting inside of her. Gradually filling her womb. The mobile sperm speeding off. In search of eggs to fertilize.

"Hmmmmm, I needed that. You have no idea how much." He grunted. Laying atop her as his knot shrank. Finally pulling out and collapsing onto his back. Gradually shifting out of his wolf form and into his still bulky human appearance. Waiting for his wife to join him for an after sex cuddle.

"It's true, she may yet be forced to deal with that consequence." The First One nodded. Knowing all too well the struggle that wolfly mates endured when mating. giant stomachs that made walking difficult. And hormones that sent the women into insane heat and mood swings. So much so that sometimes they'd simply bend over and present to be mated. Regardless of where and when. Remember his own mate, so long ago...

"Does anyone want to tell me what the hell is going on?" Jilvar asked. Swallowing a mouth full of cold roast chicken and washing it down with some wine. His table manners leaving much to be desired. Karolina snarled and snapped at him. Still unsure if she shouldn't just rip his throat out and feed it to the pups Ermine would soon bear.

But it was a growl from the first one that calmed the room down. Staring at Jilvar with relaxed and stoic eyes, he simply smiled. "Mating as a wolf is problematic, as the children will be pups at first birth. Remaining so until the first full moon." he revealed. "Their mother will have a larger stomach and have many mouths to feed. We do not often allow it. But in this case...I'm to believe that the love just shared was only pure. They did nothing in anything but ignorance. Or at least the young Queen did. Theo was simply accepting his role as Alpha and father. It's almost impossible to resist a woman in heat. Especially when she presents her rump to be mounted."

"Uh, okay. Didn't want a sex lesson, but alright." nodded. Going back to eating. Starving from the long journey.

Ermine could feel the strength of her husband above her as he pounded his cock into her continuously, his knot pressing against her hole with each move of his hips, her body aching to feel him spread and stretch her once again. She'd taken him as a human but as a wolf everything felt worlds different, oddly more right than it had before and she was panting beneath him, her rear backing into each of his movements, her legs shaking as she struggled to keep up with his voracious pace. Her head tossed back completely so that she could feel his hot breath against her cheek, her groans becoming louder as he came closer to tying with her.

She felt his knot press past her hole and fill up inside of her body, locking them together as he continued with their passionate mating. She was so close to her orgasm, her eyes closing as she whined and thrust back into him with need, her body quivering around him moments before she felt his seed release into her. He leaned back and she followed suit, her body finding its way towards calming down as his knot slowly decreased in size from her body. Ermine watched him curiously as he laid back and took on his human form, inviting her to join him as she paced back and forth in front of him for a few moments.

The wolf let out a low whine before she paced back towards him, her body crumpling its way back to her human form, finally collapsing against him with a quick gasp. She let her breathing settle before she lay down against him, her head cradled against his chest in a loving nuzzle. "My king," She touched his face softly, stroking down his cheek and letting her fingers rub down his beard, her eyes closing slowly. "I worried I'd never lay like this with you again." She confided, content in being close to him.

Katjya was attentive as the others were discussing her new sister's fate, her brows furrowed. Ermine was a small girl physically, the thought of her bowed out with pups was frightening, namely because wolves didn't birth just one pup. They had anywhere from 2 to 8 pups. It made her pull back from the conversation, picking at her food in a rather rude but disinterested way. "Mother," She said finally, once everyone else had scorned Jilvar for his lack of knowledge on a subject he really had no business knowing, "You don't think we will risk losing her, do you?" She asked, trying to think of the great tragedy it would be to lose not only a Queen but an entire litter of heirs.

Irmlia shook her head, "No," She reached over to pat Katjya's hand, hesitant to let full information go in front of Jilvar, though he seemed far more interested in consuming his food, "Healer Daemon has birthed pups for many of our ancestors. Ermine isn't the first to fall pregnant in heat... He will asses how many pups he expects her to bear once she shows and will determine if her body can take it as a human. It's likely... It's likely she will birth the pups as a wolf herself. It will be a very private event, as a birthing wolf mother becomes a feral animal. The only one that will be permitted near will be Theo and even that... Is suspect. Birthing mothers have done odd things in the sake of keeping their pups safe."

She nodded, lifting her eyes from her plate to look at Jilvar, "What do you plan now, hunter? You've fixed the problem you caused. How about tell us what you plan on doing to get back in our good graces?"

The love making had taken energy out of the Alpha King. Laying there in the grass, he relaxed for the first time in days. Everything in the world was in its natural order. More or less at least. His arms circled around his wife. Pulling her lithe form to his chest. Kissing her forehead as they lay together. "I'd thought I would lose you to death." he whispered. Feeling at ease with her so close and in good health. "But we're together now. Nothing will stop our love. Nothing that we can't conquer and vanquish together."

Night had begun to fall in the woods, and the chill of the air had begun to raise goosebumps on their arms. "Let's get you back." he chuckled. Picking her up in his arms. Carrying his wife slowly back to the cave they'd been in not long ago. "I love you little one." He whispered. Leaning down to kiss her softly. Her weight no chore thanks to the passions of their love.

Soon enough he was walking back into the cave with his young bride. Both still naked from their enthusiastic mating session. the First One nodded and smiled as he saw them approach. "Daughter, if you need food or drink please take it. You'll need your strength for what is to come." the ancient being insisted. Turning to Theo. "And you as well my son. Take food. Rest with your bride. This is just the beginning. Much trial still stands in the way of your restoration to the throne, and only your strength and will can ensure the continued survival of your pack."

"Let's eat alone, I didn't get my time with you." Theolious suggested to his wife. Grabbing a flagon of wine and a handful of food, helping her off to one of the side bedrooms. Closing the heavy wooden door behind them.

"Yes, what do you plan." Karolina asked Jilvar as soon as Theolious and Ermine were gone. "My sister is too trusting. When she should be ripping your throat out."

taking a moment to collect his thoughts, Jilvar leaned forward. Setting his hands on the huge table. "Viscount Erwhla won't be settled until he's sure the crown will be his." the hunter explained. "He hired me to ensure it. And he was planning on quickly producing his own heirs to claim his pack as rightful rulers. If he believes you all to be alive and seeking revenge, I'd imagine he'll come right out to attack as swiftly as possible. Away from the castle. He risks forcing the populace to choose their king. And his promises of curing the plague that curses the peasants will fall on deaf ears should outright war affect them. He'll want a quick skirmish. One where he's prepared for it."

"His line or yours. Only one can survive."

Words coming from the mouth of the ancient one. The gravity of the situation filling the room. They may have received a respite from the conflict. But battles were still to be waged.

Ermine dozed against her husband, as if she hadn't done that enough in the past few days as she drifted in and out of a state of being awake, her eyes relaxed this time instead of completely unresponsive. This was a different kind of rest, a peaceful relaxation as she listened to his breathing and her fingers brushed over his soft chest slowly, her lips pressing to his skin every few moments as she tried to get her still racing heart to slow to a normal pace. Everything in the world was going to be alright, even if they never got the throne back rightfully simply because she had him again and it was assured that they would make it to the next night.

Her king would forever be her king.

"I love you, my king. For ever and a day." She promised, her arms wrapping strong and secure around his neck. She felt better than she ever had in her life, her muscles invigorated with a fresh feel to them that was compared to nothing else that she'd felt before. She felt like she could run for miles and never tire, but also felt like she could rip the head directly off a deer. It was exhilarating to feel so much power like this, but even more so to know that she was still the same woman she was before - gentle, sweet, and compassionate. But now she was so much more than just the meek and timid girl with brave ideas. She was the beast.

Her decency reminded her to cover her breasts as her husband carried her past the others in his family, no shame in his walk as she strut past them with his cock in full view. Her cheeks grew pink but she didn't dare say a word, her face hiding instead against his chest. Once in the privacy of the room, she picked at the food he'd grabbed for them, nibbling it gently, "I do hope we won't always be so nude when we are around your family." She teased, a light smile on her lips as she started coming to terms with her new life and everything that would come with it.

Another though came to her then, her eyes on the flagon of wine. "Theo?" She slid a grape into her mouth and worked around the seeds slowly, "You said for me to bear your heirs I would have to take the bite..." She was putting pieces of the puzzle together as it dawned on her that it may not have been the best idea to mate with her husband, even in the passions of her first turn, "You don't think... You don't think I'll be with child, do you?"

Katjya was quiet as the situation was made clear to them about what had to be done, her face grim as she slowly crossed her arms over her chest, her ears listening partially to the dim conversation in the other room. Ermine likely would be with child - pups, honestly - and she couldn't let the line of the throne be tainted by a snake such as Erwhla. "Then it's obvious. We'll kill them. All of them." She broke the silence with her fevered response, the decision not even up for discussion in her mind. The man would likely be near impossible to kill but she would be damned if her family line would be stomped out by the likes of him.

"If he thinks that we will just lay down and show our bellies then he has the wrong family in mind. Mother," She was almost barking now with the passion in her voice, "Now, if ever, is a time when we need to forgive old rivalries. I think we need to cross the border and visit our neighbors to propose a treaty. They wouldn't turn away a pregnant queen." She turned her attention now to Jilvar, "And you can be of use in this plan. You have heard things, seen things. Keep your eyes open."

Her eyes moved now to the First One, the wolf in her flashing behind her eyes with a hunger, "First One," She licked her lips, "Can we look to you to guide us?"

Sitting close beside his wife on the bed, Theolious devoured the food hungrily. Needing his strength after living off little rest and sustenance for days. Their rapid rush out to the border lands having sapped his strength. He'd been barely running by the end. And a few days to recover would be best for the whole pack. Himself included. He was close to Ermine. looking at her sexy young body and ogling her as only a husband could. So utterly in love with her.

"Hmmm, It's possible. If not even likely." He admitted. Nodding and casting a glance at her stomach. Wolf pregnancies were slightly shorter than human ones. And if she was indeed pregnant...suddenly the memory of his father's words hit. And hard like a sudden rain. "If you are indeed with child, it won't be one. Likely a litter of four or more pups. And they'll be wolfs when born. Only the first moon will change them into human babies. "

The realization of what he'd accidentally forced upon his wife made the Alpha wolf gulp. "We'll need to be careful. Your body will be able to handle the change. But the hormones will be wild. And only my voice can make you submit. " he left out the part where she'd be a wild sex freak and volatile as a geyser. That would be dealt with in time. And he'd be there to help her through it.

Jilvar grimaced at the fire in Katjya's voice. Clearly she was a tempered one, when pushed as they had been. Karolina too had a furious look on her face. As if her eyes would shoot fire and melt even the stone walls of the room in which they sat. The hunter was feeling suddenly worried. "I wouldn't suggest being so hasty. You have no idea how much Erwhla wants this." the hunter said with a sullen expression. "It wouldn't shock me if your neighbors to the west are involved. I took jobs from them in that past. Their leadership still yearns for revenge after Theolious rallied the troops decades ago. "

The First One sat silent. His fingers intertwined. A contemplative smile on his face. Centuries had taught him a level of patience that was rarely if ever matched. He knew that necessity of acting soon. And he knew all too well the treachery that the Viscount was capable of. Having an intimate understanding of his family's history from centuries prior.

"I will do what I can." he finally said. Every eye on his stoic face. "But I warn you, none of this will be as easy for anyone. And truthfully, this is a battle for the young couple in the next room. If Theolious leads, your pack shall be victorious. If he falters, the Viscount will become King."

Theo's words hit her like rocks, the color draining from her face as it struck her that they had made quite possibly the worst decisions in the heat of passion. She leaned up against her husband as she struggled to take the information in, not even able to fully comprehend the fact that she - a relative human - would be able to carry pups instead of a small human. The thought of such a strange occurrence was too foreign for her to accept, but it was already in mind that she was quite likely to be with... Pups. She forced herself to take a long and slow breath before she was able to fully form a sentence, her mind muddled with concern.

"I.... How will we explain this? Humans don't normally birth five children at once." She murmured, trying to think of anything that would make sense to even the simple people, as they had no stories of the gods gifting the royalty with children like this, though the royalty had rumors of their own. Ermine also tried to think of her own body, though young and supple she knew that she was a smaller woman, her stomach taut with muscles and lean. It wouldn't take long for her stomach to swell and become noticed, especially if she was to become as large as her husband suggested. It didn't seem like she would live through it, though his tone suggested it had happened before.

She reached out and squeezed his hand, needing his comfort now as she tried to come fully to terms with the prospect of her new possible life of a mother of wolves.

Katjya remained silent as Jilvar explained the problems then with her idea, the gears in her mind moving visibly as she turned the situation over. "Wait," She reached out and grasped Jilvar's hand, a motion that was more intimate than she'd ever shown him before, a spark lit behind her eyes, "That's exactly what we need, though. If you have taken jobs from them before then it's likely you could be our way in. If Erwhla truly has become an enemy to us, they may want to hire a wolf hunter to dwindle the numbers even further. They wouldn't deny someone who could dethrone the next in line should the royal family be killed."

A smile was slow but devious to come to her lips, "Their own greed can be their downfall. Get them on our side without knowing that they really are on our side. They won't let one of us come past the castle walls. But you aren't a wolf..."

Sighing, Theo cast a glance at his wife. Realizing that the impending likelihood of childbirth had shocked her. Wrapping her in his arms, he rubbed her currently flat stomach. "My love, it will be alright." he assured her. His tone firm and confident. "You'll carry our young to term, and the birth will be no struggle. In whatever capacity I can assist, I will. " Not wanting to frighten her anymore, Theo resigned himself to hold her tight and try to alleviate her worries as best as he was able. Rubbing her softly and kissing her skin.

"We'll figure it out. If you're worried about your family, we can always just say you're sick and unable to leave the bed. At least until after the children are born. Then we can figure out a likely explanation." he chuckled. Though it would be hard to explain any more than three babies. As humans so rarely had more. Even so, the thought of being a father was making Theo smile with pride. Weeks ago, he'd never even considered getting married. And now, not only was he wed, but more than likely a father to be. In love with the most gorgeous woman imaginable.

Holding her in his arms, Theo began to drift off. Needing more rest after days of running and carrying his young wife. Collapsing onto his back and snoring soon after. The nubile young beauty in his arms. Tight and snug to his chest.

The sudden touch had sent a shudder through Jilvar. His heart, so long dormant and cold. A side effect of his life and career, now began to beat in earnest. What had started as more physical desire for the young wolf Princess was growing into a more honest concern and love. He wanted her, perhaps as a mate. Realizing that he'd grown envious of the passionate love that Theolious and Ermine shared. Wishing for the same.

"Perhaps, I could see a ruse such as that being one way." he mused. Contemplating her plan. "It would need careful action. And I'd have to go it alone. None of you could follow. Otherwise the entire endeavor would be for naught."

His eyes focused on Katjya's, Jilvar resolved himself to this perilous task. Anything to earn the love of her heart.

The thought of holing herself away inside the walls of the castle made her feel better about the situation, her head cradling itself against her husband slowly as she imagined just what it would be when she was trapped with no one else but him. It would be the honeymoon they hadn't been able to have, her eyes closing as she sighed. "I'm sure we will think of something. We'll have a bit before we have to decide what to say to them anyways." She said, though she knew that it didn't matter how much time she had to think about it it would still be an awkward conversation with her parents nonetheless.

As Theo's breathing slowed she found her peaceful place against him, the warmth of his body against hers lulling her to sleep. With all the dozing she'd done over the past few days she would have thought that sleep would have been hard for her to find sleep but it came to her within a few short moments. It was a dreamless sleep, her body falling lax against the man she loved with a soft sigh as she gave up the last of her conscious mind to the world of dreams.

Jilvar's mention of going alone made her feel a strange spike of fear in her belly, her eyes already calculating things once again. No, he wouldn't have to do the endeavor alone. "No." She hesitated for a long time, the thought turning over slowly as she watched his face, "You won't go alone. What you're going to do is take me. In chains. Offer me to them as a sign of good faith. Let them know that you captured me trying to escape the castle." She said, a smile slowly coming to her lips as she worked it over in her head, "You do what you have to do. I have something of my own that I need to do and I have a good feeling they will put me exactly where I need to be... Can you do that?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom