Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It Can't Be Real(Distain2003+Anjeru)

Stephen slept still but had strong dreams for the first time in decades. The pain in his chest bringing back the memories of the loss of his second love. He moved a bit under her as he never really did get quite to sleep fully he was going to be very hungry tomorrow. Fortunately he had the crew to feed off as well.

The sun was playing down upon Rebecca warmly as she sat on the porch of her father's town house. Her eyes spied the guard, the one called Stephen, patrolling about. Since their original encounter those some odd weeks ago, he'd been patrolling closer to her home. She vaguely wondered if it was coincidence or if he had been thinking of her as she had been thinking of him. A soft smile danced across her lips and she stood, moving forward to approach him.

"Stephen," she called out, smiling more as he turned to her and smiled in return. "Lady Rebecca," he said, dipping his head in greeting. He really was handsome, Rebecca thought to herself. "My father would like to thank you for helping me last time," she lied, "so he asked me to bring you in for a drink."

He seemed to mull over it before flashing her a grin, shaking his head. "Unfortunately, I cannot. Duty calls, m'lady." He dipped his head and again made his way from her, leaving Rebecca to pout gently. He turned after a few steps before looking into her beautiful eyes, unable to find them anything other than exquisite. "Another time," he said.

Rebecca smiled and nodded, then turned and dashed back into her home, almost having the urge to giggle like a shy maiden. She couldn't believe she'd been so brazen, but her father often remarked she was a little too bold for her own good. Just something about Stephen was so intriguing to her.

Amelia stirred in the bed, making a soft noise. It wasn't quite dusk yet, the sun still spilling its brilliant light over the boat's deck. Something was off though, her dreams were more than dreams. Something about them seemed so familiar, but she couldn't seem to place it. She rolled over, mumbling something close to '...my father...thank you...drink...' before settling back down. She slept soundly for the rest of the resting period, not waking again until the sun began to set.

Stephen finally gave up any chance of sleeping just before dusk he sat up his dreams if you could call them dreams where not what you could call good. He saw the death of ever woman he had ever cared for almost as though it was happening to him again. He slipped silently from the bed and moved up stairs to the couch setting down turning on the tv to a random channel. It did not matter to him that it was in Japanese and he could not understand a word of it anything he could to to take his mind off the tingle in his chest and the thoughts in his mind. It was only the second time he had been seriously wounded since his Emily died and he scared his arm something about it being hurt that badly by the sun made nervous scared something harmless was fatal to him.

Amelia rolled over and made a soft noise when she found the spot next to her empty. Stephen had snuck out of bed again. She wondered if he was alright. Was he in pain from the brand he'd taken for her? She rubbed her eyes, the dream nagging at the back of her mind as it had the day before. She knew it was important, but the dreams always faded before she could make any sense of them. Sitting up, she spent a moment stretching, before climbing out of the bed to move into the downstairs bathroom.

Stephen was so close, if she could just reach out...but she couldn't, not with the pain reverberating throughout her entire body. She didn't want to die here, not when she was so happy with her husband and her family. She doubled over...pain causing her to cry out...so much pain...

The last part of the dream came back to her as she was dressing in the restroom. Suddenly, pain blossomed in her gut and she faltered, stumbling back to rest against the wall. Sweat dripped down her brow and she waited for it to pass; it couldn't be her heart, right? She peered down at her body, seeing nothing wrong, but the pain was still there. An after affect of the dream maybe...she had heard of such things before. She let out a soft noise and dropped her head back, waiting for it to pass. Once it did, she would most likely end up seeking out Stephen.

Stephen ran his hand over his stomach his mind fading back to that terrible night. He had been planing on giving her a bracelet he had spent almost 2 weeks pay on it. He heard the rumors about the knight who had raped a mans wife a few weeks back. No one was ever able to prove it as the woman refused to turn him in because she feared for her life.

Stephens eyes filled with tears as he recalled her muffled cries thinking she had fallen he moved quickly setting his sword down. He turned the corner and saw the man his hand on his sword laying on top of her. Stephen got up and shook his head he needed something to clear his mind and he needed it now. "Some times i hate not being able to get drunk. " He moved quickly to the kitchen splashing cool water on his face hoping that these visions would go away soon.

It never really passed. Bracing a hand on the counter top, she pushed herself back up and splashed some cool water on her face. Patting it dry, she then slipped Stephen's t-shirt back on and stumbled a little on her way out of the bathroom. Her eyes didn't see Stephen down here and she thought she heard some moving around upstairs, so bracing a hand on the rail, she made her way up the stairs. She found him in the kitchen, looking almost as bad as she felt, her skin pale and still clamy. "Stephen?"

"Yes love? " He spoke softly his face still a bit wet as he had not dried off. "Is there something wrong?" He moved over towards her wondering exactly what he was going to have to do to get these thoughts out of his mind. He walked over to the stairs taking a deep breath looking down seeing the look on her face and the way she was acting his problems washed away. He moved quickly down the stairs slipping his arms around her helping her up the stairs. "Whats wrong?"

Amelia let him help her up the stairs, still feeling a little sick to her stomach. "It's nothing, I think. I had a strange dream again..." she said, not really sure what she had dreamed about. If it had been her death, or one of someone else's. Stephen had been the fore front thing on her mind, even in the dream, so that led her to believe it had been about her...or someone who knew him. She leaned against Stephen, her stomach stilling rolling making her feel sick. "I think I just need to sit down for a minute," she murmured softly, still sweating a little.

He scooped her up quickly caring her over to the couch laying her down. He moved quickly pushing up the shirt she was wearing placing his lips on her stomach giving it a soft kiss. His hand worked to massage her stomach lightly his ear resting on it to see if he could hear the problem. "What was your dream about maybe figuring it out will help take your pain away. "He looked up into her eyes his hand still rubbing her softly.

She squeaked as he scooped her up and carried her to the couch, laying her down. A soft smile couldn't help but make its way across Amelia's lips as she looked down at him, returning his gaze as he tried to soothe her flipping stomach. Laying her head back, she closed her eyes and thought carefully about it. "Well, it wasn't bad at first. I was offering someone I was attracted to come inside and have a drink, though I told him my father wanted him to come." She shook her head, clearly confused by the dream, it making no sense to her. "Then, when I was getting dressed in the bathroom, something came back...someone over me, then blinding pain in my abdomen and so much blood. It was the part of the dream I'd forgotten. But it really doesn't make any sense to me. Just...the dream felt so real it mustve affected me a little, because I don't really see anything physical wrong with me. It can't be my heart," she explained, before opening her eyes to look at him. "Sorry, that's all I remember."

He looked up at her a bit confused trying to figure out exactly what was bothering her. "I am guessing its your strong mind playing tricks on you. I hope it goes away soon. " He took a deep breath closing his eyes the pain in his chest growing a bit to the point of a major annoyance. "Just try to think happy thoughts. Remember we are going to be getting married soon. " He smiled looking at her kissing her cheek they would be arriving at the dock in the morning.

"I'll be fine," she said with a small laugh, fingering the locket around her neck with Rebecca's picture in it. As each dream came, her picture was becoming more and more strangely familiar to her, not as someone she'd known, but almost on a personal level. It was already strange enough that Amelia resembled the picture, if someone saw the picture it could very well be guessed that she was a relative. She blinked and smiled at his words. "Married...as strange as the idea is to me, I can't wait!" she said, starting to feel a little better now. With Stephen here, the nausea began to fade and the phantom pain seemed to disappear all together.

He looked at her and saw his late wife's face the stomach pain he stood swallowing hard. "I ... I don't suppose i could talk you into getting drunk. " He spoke softly wondering if he would have to go to the crew. He wanted to forget the things in his past for at least a little while because seeing her and thinking about his wife was going to drive him crazy.

"Drunk?" she blinked and sat up, eyeing him strangely. It seemed such an abrupt topic change from them talking about their marriage. "Stephen...what's wrong?" she asked. Something was definitely wrong with him. He had been worried about her pain that he had managed to hide his own, but Amelia was picking up on it now. She dropped the locket and set her hand against his cheek, gently caressing the skin with her thumb. Her wide, insanely blue eyes watching him silently for a moment from under slight strands of auburn. "You can tell me what's wrong, Stephen. I promised you we could always confide in each other," she said the words, though she never remembered saying them to him, in reality, they'd been words she'd said in her dreams to him.

"Yea i know.. I am just having memories ... From the lost of my wife and the vampire that changed me and... every other woman who i ever cared for. I... I can see them as well as i can see you and ... they are not memories i hoped to have forever." He spoke softly looking into her eyes holding her close hoping he would not have to go threw the same thing again with her. "I was hoping to forget but this cursed form wont allow me to get drunk to forget. "

"Oh Stephen, I'm so sorry." She held back onto him and caressed his hair with her hands, pressing a lingering kiss to his lips. She leaned her head back, looking up at him with a smile. "There are much better ways than getting drunk, you know," she murmured as she kissed from his lips, down to his jaw, nipping at the soft skin of his neck. Her hands sliding through his hair, before gently caressing his back. Amelia wasn't one to be bold, but she wanted to make him feel better and she knew this would be a better way; she didn't mind it either. She loved him and loved being with him this way.

"Yes what did you have in mind for distraction?" He smiled running his fingers threw her hair wondering if he played it off long enough what he could get her to do. He smiled looking at her giving her a soft kiss on the forehead. He smiled giving her hair a light squeeze causing a light tug.

She smiled, at least glad he was going along with it. Amelia really wasn't much of a drinker, though she remembered when they'd first had that drink together in the bar of the hotel. And the night she'd gotten a little tipsy to work up the courage to come to him, knowing what he truly was. Her hands slid to his shoulders and she gently pushed him back, sitting him on the couch. Straddling his waist, knees beside his hips, she pressed another kiss to his lips. Nipping his lower lip as she dragged her hands through his hair, before leaning back to peer at him. "How's this? Better than drinking?" she asked softly.

"Getting there not quite there yet. " He smirked his hand reaching up grabbing her waist gently holding her so she would not fall the couch was not that deep. "Your more then welcome to keep trying. " He smirked softly trying to shake the images from his mind it was working slowly. Though he could not keep doing this to get rid of them he would have to find something else soon.

Amelia could tell that the memories were still bothering him, despite her best to help distract him. She pressed gentle kisses to the side of his neck, lingering there, teeth biting down just slightly as though she meant to peirce his skin though she did not. A moment later, she lifted her head and pressed her lips to his. Kissing him soundly and deeply, before leaning up to look down at him with those icy-hued orbs. "What brought them on? I've looked at Rebecca's picture and I know that I resemble her...is looking at me painful?" she asked him the question softly.

He looked up into her eyes smiling and shaking his head her taste still lingering on his lips. He slowly took her hand and placed the palm on the burn on his chest and her other hand on his scared arm. "The burn here brought back the memories of this burn. Which brought back the memories of every woman i have ever cared about's death. And then when i have finally cleared them from my mind ... mostly. You come up the stairs having incredible stomach pains." He looked up at her she could tell that if he was capable of crying he would be. "When i looked up at you i remembered Rebecca. For a moment you to me were Rebecca begging me not to leave laying there pouring your life from your stomach ... both lives yours and our child's. It is the first time it happened ... it was merely a compounded bunch of events that caused my mind to slip a bit. I will be better soon i promise love seeing you makes my heart dance not sink. "

Amelia nodded and smiled, and leaned down to press another kiss to his lips. "I'll make you happy, I won't leave you, ever," she said against his lips, before sealing the kiss deeply. Sliding her tongue between his parted lips to dance with his own for a long, heated moment. She broke the kiss and nipped his lip, before leaning her head down to press a very loving and careful kiss to the brand that had burned into his chest, over his heart. His pledge for her. God, how she loved him. She never wanted to be apart from him, no matter how long she lived.

"So where are you getting your mark? On your hip? Back? Arm? Leg? " He was not sure how he felt about her marking anywhere that was to visible he knew a woman with a visible brand would be exposed to a good deal of trouble. He still was not certain if he wanted to brand her but he knew after doing it himself she would not allow him to not do it for her.

Hmmm. She contemplated it for a moment, thinking about where she should wear his brand. She thought about wearing it where he wore it, but she had the scar from her heart transplant. "Hmm...well," she started, pursing her lips as she thought about it. "How about on my hip, under my panty line?" she asked, knowing his train of thought about hiding it from view. A visible brand upon a woman could lead to trouble; things of that nature were often seen as abuse among the common, suspicious human folk.

"So right about here? "He smiled and pressed his fingers down placing a light scratch with his finger nails just below her hip bone. The area turning a soft shade of red as he looked into her eyes. He had grown quite familiar with her body of the past weeks and could navigate it with out looking. He smiled closing his eyes just enjoying her setting in his lap even if nothing sexual was going on.

Back
Top Bottom