Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Colliding Worlds (BurningWillows & Greeneyed23)

He nodded. In truth he would have done just as she did to the man, teach him one last and final lesson for looking at a young girl.

"Thank you," he grinned, always a fan for compliments, "I got the cooking skills. Sera got the fighting. Funny how things work out."

Elaya smirked eating her stew, and nudging Sera to do the same. "You eat girly."

~

Narxis was levitating. He did it occasionally to relax. he studied Arya and Octavia as he floated over them.

~

Amitiel bowed to Lairia. "I am very sorry for our little trick. Who is your friend?"

Sera ate without complaint, loving the stew.

"Are you staying for a few minutes or do ou need to head back?" Jeziah asked, raising his head from his food.

~

Sleep alone was making Arya heal and she was already beginning to wake, her body fit again. Octavia on the other hand had gone pale and her skin was turning clammy, her body obviously not healing properly.

~

Lairia understood. After it was explained she held no hard feelings. It was funny though that Amitiel was the first to ask about Jamie.

"Finally someone notices me," he joked, throwing his hand out to shake Amitiels, "Names Jamie. Yours?"

"I have some time. Need something?"

~

Narxis knew very little about healing. He wasn't sure what to go or who to get. "Amitiel!"

~

Amitiel looked at the vampire's hand. "Have no doubt. Elaya saw you and knows precisely who and what you are. i-"

He turned at Narxis' call and looked at Lairia. "We're probably guna need you."

He went into the barn, and Narxis quickly explained the problem. Amitiel nodded, unsure of what to do himself.

Jeziah shook his head, "Not me no. But Sera will want your u to stay for a bit. We are breaking for a bit so maybe Sera has a game-"

"Let's play tag!" Sera cut in giggling.

~

Lairia and Jamie followed at Amitiels heels, the conversation abandoned as the new focus became Octavia's worsening condition. Upon just a brief look Lairia could see her wound looked infected.

"We might want to hold off touching her," Lairia spoke up, "we don't want to make it worse."

Arya coughed and began to stir, making Lairia pipe up again, "she would be able to tell us what to do. She might be a little...off, but she does seem to care for at least Octavia."

"Tag it is. Who is it first?"

~

Narxis nodded and moved closer. "Arya? Lady Arya? Octavia is unwell. how can we help her?"

Amitiel stared at his friend. There was a genuine tenderness, and an odd familiarity to the demon's voice, and while Amitiel did not judge, he worried that the hellhound might.

Sera squealed and jumped up just as Jeziah was finishing his stew, "you are!"she squealed, whacking Elayas arm with her tiny hand and racing out.

"I'll clean up," Jeziah offered, "go have fun."

~

Arya woke with a jolt an sat straight up, whacking her head into Narxis.

"Ow. Fuck," she looked up at him and something danced in her eyes that both looked pissed off and somewhat alluring, "leaning in for the kiss? I'm no Snow White."

She turned her head and spotted Octavia and groaned, pulling at the van adages to stare at the infected cuts from her claws, puss and blood bubbling from it.

"It's my venom," she sighed, "not even dragons or the like can heal from my scratch. Luckily it's no where near as fatal as my bite."

She turned and looked at Narxis and then to Lairia, ignoring the angel entirely, "I need some wolfsbane, sun glazed lilies, and angel tears. I'm sure feather butt there can provide the last."

Sun glazed lilies were a new rare flower having only started to sprout since the Crush. Perhaps they had been another flower by a different name once upon a time but now they had this name. They were hard to find as they were lilies kissed and turned red by the sun. Even Arya knew only one or two places to find them but they were easy to buy off the black market. The reason they were sold in the first place was thier potency against most if not all venoms and the fact that any demonic being that had ever injested one had spontaneously combusted in a fit of angelic fire, killing them on instant. Arya loathed the stuff but she used it for Octavia once or twice and it always healed her.

Amitiel looked at Narxis who smiled and drew out a small chest, revealing all of what she had asked for, even the angel tears.

Narxis carefully lay the bowl of lillies by the hellhound as he sat back.

Amitiel nodded toward Narxis. "Our demonic friend has always been our black market contact. No one would dare betray or trick a demon lord of the infernal planes."

Narxis smiled. "I collect everything I can for just such an emergency. But I cannot use almost any of it." Amitiel grunted. "Nor I."

~

Elaya smiled and took off after the girl at an easy lope. She kept the chase close, but let Sera have her run and fun. "Coming for you girl. Best move quicker."

She did cut the girl off from running to hide with her brother, her smile bright. Sera was quick, but not nearly as fast as she would be in time.

Arya nodded, taking the box and holding her hand out to Lairia who seemed to understand. A bowl appeared magically in the deathhounds hand with a small grinder, and she began preparing the concoction, grinding each ingredient in with the tears last, creating a paste. Ripping the bandage down the middle and exposing the wound, Arya rubbed the paste over the cuts, watching it hiss and bubble as Octavia began to squirm and moan.

"Hold on O," she whispered, "You're doing great."

Then in a brief moment of genuine thought Arya turned and caught Narxis' gaze, "Thank you."

~

Sera squealed as she ran away, running in circles in the small field outside the cave, her little feet working. When Jeziah finished cleaning he stepped out to watch, noting Elaya was holding back and that Sera wasn't going as fast as he knew she could. His sister was a quick Phoenix in flame or bird form. Although he had also heard rumors that Elaya could outrun Sera, not sure if he believed it or not.

"Watch out Sera!" he teased and she looked back, tripping and falling. She rolled but came to a stop, sitting up as Elaya drew near and a pout crossed her face.

"Looks like your it now Sera!" Jeziah called, distracting his sister before she got upset she fell, "Can you catch Elaya?"

Narxis nodded. "you are welcome milady. Will she be alright? Can I offer aught else?"

Amitiel looked on curiously. "Forgive me but should it smell like that?" He looked up at Arya then Laria. like his infernal friend he knew nothing of the healing of flesh.

~

Elaya had knelt to see that the girl was unhurt, but now she looked at Jeziah. She bent back stretching hard, then sprang to her feet. "Can't catch me."

And she was off. Not like a shot. Not even like a flame. But as only she could run. She had not had a chance to run for fun in days. She bounded up a hill more than a mile away in moments, then flashed back to them, pausing just long enough to pinch Jeziah's cheek and challenge, "Come along brother. you must play as well." Then kiss Sera's forehead before taking off again, in an effortless stride as she spiral out away from them.

Sera blinked watching her, and something deep fell into place. The memory would yet come but she looked up at Jeziah. "I heard once that Elaya is the fastest being alive....and..." A shadow passed over her young face, but then faded as she laughed and took off after the wolf anyway. "Come on Jeziah!!"

She looked back at him and the moment was over as she rolled her eyes at his polite form, "I'm no lady kid. And no. She just needs rest."

As she spoke Octavia's body relaxed as she fell deeper into sleep, the wounds still leaking and bubbling. Indeed a smell was rising from them, one that made her smile. Lairia shrugged, unknowing to this kind of creature so Arya answered.

"It's my venom feathers. It's burning away with the antitode. Smells bad, works quick."

She flashed her hands up to show perfectly manicured but sharp tipped nails coated in what almost looked like an oil in the light, dark in colour with hints of purple and grey, dried to her nails.

Wiggling her fingers in front of Amitiels face she stood, quite disliking the proximity between her and an angel, "Nailpolish with a touch of my saliva. Dilutes the venom. Had I bitten her, she'd be dead by now."

She looked back at Octavia than sighed, turned on her heel and walked out without much else to say. At the barn door she did turn back and stuck a hand on her hip, "leave her to sleep or I'll do much the same to the likes of you. Narxis, I'm famished. Join me in hunt."

She didn't wait for him to say yes or no, her lean body turning and disappearing through the door as she looked off towards the trees.

~

Jeziah had seen it. The spark of a memory coming and fading. It was a sign Sera would be full grown sooner than he thought, and that Elaya need not worry of her memories escaping her. Watching his sister squeal and run after Jeziah yanked off his clothes and turned to bird form, flying after her. Seeing him Sera squealed and burst into flames, then into feathers as the tiny Phoenix tried to use her wings to catch up. She was getting better at keeping form but not yet faster and Jeziah had to help her stay airborne as they watched Elaya zip ahead, Seras chirps shrill through the trees. He stayed low enough not to be spotted but just out of reach of burning the leaves. He didn't want to leave a trace of them being there.

"And I am no kid." He smirked watching her, then leapt into the air, a black inferno as he took off after the hellhound. His voice in this form was jagged and dangerous.

"Let us away."

~

Elaya smirked. "Really? have to go fire to catch me you two? Oh wait. you can't anyway." She moved easily, well out of their reach.

She almost danced as she moved out of the forest to let them fly more freely at the low altitude. She turned running backwards at the same high speed and gestured toward Sera. "Come and get me sweety."

And is remark almost pulled a smirk from those rosy plump lips but she just kept her pace, running on two legs until she had outrun and lost him.

"Slow poke," she scoffed, stripping down as her body faded into dark, luscious smoke, curling about her canine looking body. Letting out a low growl she took off again, this time sniffing the air for the familiar scent of a demon, letting Narxis be her hunt. A good exercise to loosen the rage hidden beneath her at being blocked and then punished by Lucifer.

~

Sera tried to take the bait but nearly plummeted, her mind on the goal and not on the practise of flight. Jeziah let out a cry and scooped her up, then dropped low and fast enough to release her only feet above Elaya, the little bundle turning flesh as she squealed and fell, trusting Elaya to catch her.

Narxis sensed her attempts, then flew into a tree, vanishing, then as she ran by tripped her and pounced upon her his blade across her throat.

"Not a kid Arya. And you are letting your rage flow too powerfully. Everyone can smell it."

He gestured around at the forest which was actually cowering away from her. "These are not the Plains of the Lost. Things actually live here."

He smirked and poked her forehead. "Now if you want to try again-" he flared his wings and vanished into the forest, without any sign.

~

Elaya spun, catching the girl, then took off again, even faster. "Keep an eye on Jeziah sweety."

Arya melted into shadow and sprung up ahead of him, not keen on being caught off guard. She snarled at the blade and at him, her red eyes glowing dangerously. It was one thing when she was chasing him, but Arya never played prey. The shadows around her surged and she reshaped into human form, if only to snap at him.

"For an infernal one, you've grown soft," she hissed, "Feather's must be rubbing off on yeah. Caring about the souls of this plane. They are mine to take if I please. They should fear me."

She let out a huff and her shoulders relaxed a little as his wings unfurled but she shook her head, "I need a real hunt."

Once more the shadows took the girl and replaced her for the beast within, and this time her attention turned to the quiet forest, listening for the fearful animals dashing away, picking which would become her meal.

~

Sera curled her little arms around Elaya's neck and watched her brother fly high, his flame streaked body gliding effortlessly in the air. They ran for many miles in circles and loops, until Jeziah let out a cry and began to slow, making a descent.

"I think you tired him out," Sera giggled, wiggling out of Elaya's arms to run to her brother and touch his beak lovingly, "Elaya wins!"

Narxis rolled his eyes at her accusations, and now flitted amongst the trees watching, smirking as the animals of the plane vanished. He suspected Amitiel had alerted them, then he spotted someone.

Two someone's in fact.

They were two were's, moving very carefully, trying to catch the hellhound alone.

~

Elaya followed Sera smirking at Jeziah. "yes I believe I did. And do."

She scooped up Sera and carried her to the fire, tickling the girl and making her laugh frequently.

Arya was not immediately aware of the were's. They were upwind, making it hard to smell out, and while she could usually detect sound within a mile radius, the two were's were no strangers to hunting big prey, meaning they were stealthy and kept light on their feet. As Arya zeroed in on a particularly large grizzly bear that looked mighty tasty, she remained clueless to what Narxis was witnessing. It wasn't till one got close enough that she could hear its heartbeat that she whipped around, looking into the still forest.

Somethings here...probably Narxis trying to annoy me further...

She waited an extra minute than turned back to her meal at hand.

~

Jeziah remained in flame form, although he grew more solid enough to have a voice. If he became flesh he would be naked, and they were no where near the cave as of yet.

"Humble aren't you?" he joked with a raspy voice from the flame, "Think you can keep running with her on your back to the cave? I'd love my clothes."

Narxis fired a dart into the bear who roared them lumbered away. The weres snarled at the upset, but continued to stalk Arya.

Narxis was on the other side of the forest as the were's, as he revealed now.

~

"False modesty is a lie Jeziah. And i can run with Seraphina on my back for years." She kissed the girl, then blew on her skin, making her giggle as she sauntered toward the cave. "Sera my love do you smell anything?"

Arya growled as her prey suddenly roared and fled, something obviously upsetting it. She sniffed the air, wondering what game Narxis was playing. Without the bear around her attention moved from her meal to the forest around her, and she heard that same heartbeat, but now there was two, and they were quickly growing apart, each circling her sides, still well ways off. he had mistaken the sound for the demon, but now Arya knew she was being stalked by something else, and if she could, she would have laughed. What brave, poor soul thought it could take on Arya?

Pretending she had not noticed a thing she feigned ignorance as she walked forward and sniffed the area the bear left, as if looking for clues. She had already gauged that either the two beings stalking her had spooked it, or Narxis was watching for kicks somewhere, and the fact he was somewhat infuriated her, like a child being babysat. A child with a hunger for blood and lack of emotions fitting of a tree.

~

Jeziah only shrugged and followed behind, watching them as Sera shook her head, "No...am I suppose to?"

Narxis was circling the area, searching for further threats, knowing all too well that Nickens might be targeting them again.

He couldn't find anyone yet, but kept looking. He had no doubt that Arya could handle these two, though they were being rather clever with how they were handling their 'hunt' of Arya. They were not pressing her too quickly, trying to push her into a corner, but not to kill...and he suddenly knew the plan.

He began to fly in spirals around the area, looking for the others, and found them.

He reached through their common natures, and spoke to Arya. "The two near you are trying to push you toward two dozen more to the north. Do you want any help?"

~

Elaya smiled shaking her head. "Not at all sweet one."

She sat at the opening of the cave, her back to it, and grabbed a bowl and scooped it full of stew, and began to eat. "You want some firegirl?"

Arya heard him and looked up then shook her massive head, having no words in this form. She continued to feign ignorance, knowing as long as she played into the trap she have quite the meal laid out for her. Two dozen hearts to gorge, their flesh to tear, and their screams to rip from their throats. How could I ever turn such a tantalizing meal down?

She looked up again to the sky, assuming that was where he was. She knew he could not hear her, and she wasn't quite sure how she had even heard him, but if he could, he would hear her thoughts as she smirked.

Enjoy the show kid. I'm about to paint the forest red again.

~

Sera nodded vigorously to the food, stealing Elaya's spoon right out of her hand and helping herself to plenty of spoonfuls before realizing her manners and giggling, trying to play cute to save herself.

"Sorry," she murmured, not seeing Jeziah smirking at his little sister and the already wild behavior beginning to emerge. It was one of the many endearing things about her. She was never made to be a noble, or a royal lady. She was a wild child, a thing of nature.

Not a kid Arya. Stop calling me that or I'll steal your kills. And I'm not as honorable as Elaya.

~

Elaya laughed and nibbled the girl's ear. "You know if you were a wolf i'd roll you in the dirt for that one sneaky britches."

He squeezed her again, and refilled the bowl, bringing the spoon to her lips, but holding the bowl so Sera could share with her.

Had any of her family members seen this they would have been stunned to see her not only sharing food, but also to allow someone to steal her food.

Again with his voice. She wanted to growl at him but doing so would give away her ruse. Instead she buried that annoyance to use against the handsome demon later and continued on her merry way, wondering just how foolish these beings were.

Narxis smirked, sensing her irritation.

The two stayed far enough back they could not be struck, but also continued to move, hedging her toward their fellows, slowly but surely.

~

Elaya squeezed the young Phoenix, and winked at Jeziah. "You are such a great cook. Thank you."

Arya continued on, sensing them now as her ears swivelled, looking for the others and yet remaining calm, as if she wasn't. She pretended to pick up a deer trail here, and a bear trail there, her body remaining in its shadowy wolfish hound form, keeping the tendrils pulled in to make her more solid looking. She hoped they would attack, if only to learn what she truly was. Surely they assumed they were hunting some kind of were or woodland beast, not a soldier from Hell.

Back
Top Bottom