Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SAMOK (EveningSky & G23)

Ezra shrugged. "Sure. i'd love to. But why couldn't I be a fighter? I certainly have the size and build."

He didn't discuss his skill or his success. He was always very careful and respectful of Jason, but he also wasn't about to back down just because Jason was old. It wasn't Ezra's way or style.

"Although one question regarding your invitation. Sure it's wise? Neither of your brothers are especially with thrilled my family just now. I wouldn't want to upset Miss Marcia's house. I like breathing."

He knew all too well that Marcia was a very strong woman to not only survive but thrive in her family, and to raise such lovely kids. Of course he was biased due to her daughter, but he also knew that upsetting a lady's home was one of the most foolish things any man could do.

Jason chuckled "Sean is fine, Henry's the prick" He stuffed a bottle of whiskey into his black sack that was strung onto the bike. "Marcia will welcome you I'm sure of it. But you're right, best not too rock the boat" Jason passed Ezra the other two bottles of whiskey "For your dad and grandad. Tell them I said hello." Jason mounted his bike and looked toward the sky "Are you sleeping with her?" He asked softly.

Ezra nodded. "i do like Sean. bit rough but he's fair."

He would not comment on Henry. He tucked the bottles away. "good thing everyone knows I don't drink."

He finished fastened down his saddle bags before he said anything to the question, then sighed. "You know the answer. Don't make me lie to you... i know this will be hard to believe but I love her. Yes i know that doesn't assure you but it is true."

He studied the older man. "I'm trying to make her happy. She deserves it."

Jason nodded, trying as hard as he could to calm the clenched fist that held onto the handle of his bike. He knew the answer, yet it still affected him hearing the young boy say it. His eyes met Ezra's deep blue ones "Dont you dare get her pregnant.."Jason glared "Or I swear to god I'll kill you, and you loving her won't change my mind." The motorbike engine roared to life, breaking the tense moment.

Jason kicked his stand up, glancing at Ezra Willow foot as he balanced himself, hand on the gas as he revved his engine. "She deserves to be happy....but for both of y'all safety....it's not with you. Trust me, I've been there. Nothing ends well, you'll only hurt her and yourself in the long run. You can't break a generation of hatred with teenage romance. You'll both have to be adults about it, make hard decisions, and be willing to sacrifice everything that you ever knew. That's my advice to you, do with it what you want" Jason Beckett rode out in a an instant, stopping at the parking lot exit, looking left then right before he and his turn, speeding down the main road toward his destination.

Ezra reached out and gripped Jason's shoulder.

Though the Beckett was older, Ezra was the bigger, and far stronger, even more than Jason could have guessed. "I would never dishonor her like that. And as for our families...no. Teenage romance won't change things. But I'm not afraid of blood or getting bloody. Especially not for her. I would never attack your family Jason. But I will defend myself, my family, and Samantha until my last breath. That may sound like ego."

He paused, letting the older man see his eyes. Blue as could be, sincere as humanly possible, and cold as ice. Ezra knew what he was saying. Knew it quite well.

If this should blow up he would willingly place himself before Samantha and take the punishment and pain for it. It was his duty as a man, and his honor as her lover. This was no teenage passion trip for him. He loved her. That meant her life meant more to him than his own. Than even his family. Even more than the club. He would not turn away from his life, but he would never allow any of it to harm her, no matter what it cost him.

He made sure Jason saw this, then let him go. "Thank you Jason. You are a good uncle and a good friend."

He watched the man ride away, then got back on his bike, smirked, then followed him. he stopped at a nearby stall, then rode out to the Beckett estate.

He walked up to the front door with a large fruit basket on one arm and two huge bouquets in the same hand. One for each lady of the house. He knew the chance he was taking, but for some reason he just didn't care. This wasn't about seeing Samantha, though he would enjoy that.

This was sending a message. He wasn't afraid of the Becketts, least of all Henry, but he was willing to be respectful and if Samantha wanted, open about their relationship. That was up to her. But he had had enough of this bullshit between their families and he was going to find a way to make a true lasting peace.

Or die trying.

The doorbell rang just as the Beckett's were gathering around the large outdoor table to say their grace. "Is that the friend you invited?" Marcia asked eyeing her brother in law from her spot at the table "Could be, didn't think he would make it" Jason glanced at Samantha who sat near her mother at the end of the table. Marcia smiled "Well he's just in time" Sean Beckett stood up, striding confidently into the house, curious at who his youngest brother invited into their home.

When he opened the door Sean could hardly believe his eyes. "Ezra..." he spoke calmly. Watching the young boy that he knew since diapers, now standing on his doorstep almost a man. Sean flashed a polite smile, stepping aside as he allowed him to enter. "I see you know the art of pleasing a woman" No doubt Fauna Willowfoot taught him well, Sean thought. Just like Marcia would his two young boys.

"We were just about to start" Sean said "My question though, why two bouquets?" The older man held nothing against Ezra. Always viewing him as the same small baby in diapers that was constantly fleeing from a certain blonde girl in diapers. Sean still saw Ezra Willowfoot as the young boy his daughter would boss around when they played as children. Now that little boy was almost a man, sporting an impressive muscular frame and his cut. "I need to ask you a small favor.." Sean stopped Ezra before they entered the kitchen "Take the cut off....leave it outside. The club is a touchy issue with my.eldest brother."

Ezra arched and eyebrow but nodded, removing the cut and hung it on his handlebars.

He then followed Sean inside. "There are two ladies of the house. Mom always said bring a gift for each lady."

He followed Sean out to the table, and first set the basket of fruit on the table by Marcia, then gave her her bouquet, before taking her hand and kissing it, then gave Samantha her bouquet. He did not take her hand, but his eyes burned at her through the flowers.

He nodded to Tiffany, smiled at the boys, and entirely ignored Henry. This was Sean's house. Sean Ezra at least respected and suspected he could like. Henry was a bastard and would be murderer. Ezra would never forget or forgive that.

Surprise was evident on everyone's face when Ezra walked through the tall glass double doors on too the Beckett's back porch. Samantha felt mortified and uneasy about it all. Knowing the dirty things she had done with the boy last night made her cheeks red. "I'll go out this in the kitchen" She grabbed the fruit basket, quickly making an escape.

"Grab a plate and cup for Ezra while you're at it" Marcia called.

"Those should go in water" Jason nodded toward the two bouquets

"You're right, one day and I've received two sets of bouquets." Marcia eyed Sean.

"Hey don't look at me you hate those things as romantic gestures and you made your daughter the exact same way" The man looked at Ezra "I can't ever dare get them flowers or they'll hang me"

"I love it from you though Ezra, thank you." Marcia passed him the two bouquets that he had been recently holding "Give these to Samantha, she'll know what to do"

Henry glared at his surrounding family as if they were mere imbeciles. Eating with the enemy, mingling with a Willowfoot....how dare they. Henry knethw Sean accepted the family because of Marcia, his politeness was due to their marriage. It was the reason he hated the blonde woman so badly. She had been the worm that snaked itsr way into a good Apple.

Disease, all vermin infested dogs that disguise as human beings. That was how Henry Beckett saw the Indian community, the Willowfoots in particular. The long line of hatred ran strong within his veins, then and there he vowed to show everyone why they were enemies. To dig up old graves, and open old wounds.

Ezra obeyed the orders, giving the flowers over, then took his indicated seat, nodding happily at everyone, his wide smile bright and warm, until he and Henry locked eyes.

The smile did not falter, but the warmth vanished instantly. There was no threat, but there was knowledge, cold certainty that Ezra knew what Henry had done, and would do. And Ezra was ready for him. He almost dared the hated filled fool to try something. Especially here.

Ezra knew Marcia hated Henry and for good reason. This was her home. She was the hostess. If Henry embarrassed her, Sean would be furious. Sean would put up with many things from his brothers, but Ezra had no doubt that Sean was a good man and a good husband and if Henry upset or hurt Marcia Sean would break the man to bits.

Ezra knew this, and silently dared Henry to attack him. Ezra would have to do nothing. As an invited guest he was immune, and as he was not here representing the club or his family, just himself, he could and should shelter from Henry behind Sean and Marcia's hospitality. If Henry pressed it, Ezra was more than willing to educate the old racist on what real violence looked like.

Samantha took the flowers from Ezra when entered the kitchen. As she was about to argue with him he spun on his heels, heading right back out. The young girl rolled her eyes, putting the flowers in water and taking the extra plate and cup out to the deck. "Here you go" Samantha said placing the plate and cup in front of her boyfriend, laying the fork and knife at the side. Her arms gently grazed his as she did this, a small sensation shooting through her body.

When Samantha sat back down she realised it was beside Ezra. The only empty seat between her.mother and herself. Mentally she cursed, her eyes glancing toward her Uncle Jason.

"Ezra, would you mind doing the honours and saying Grace?" Marcia smiled, placing her hand on the table to hold his. Samantha reluctantly doing the same.

Ezra smiled and took Marcia's hand, then gently cradled Samantha's.

He tilted his head still smiling. "Dear Father,
We come before You to thank You for another lovely day upon this glorious planet."

"To share our gratitude for good food, good friends, and the love of family." He carefully did not squeeze Samantha's hand or look at her, but he wanted to say more. He managed to restrain himself.

"We are grateful for this life, for the fellowship of the day, for the loving hands that prepared this food, for the kindness of the Beckett for allowing me to join them, and may this food being nourishing to both our bodies and our souls. In the name of Your Most Holy Son, Amen."

He looked up smiling, and now he did squeeze Samantha's hand before letting it and her mother's go.

Samantha dug into her plate, as did everyone else. Glass bowls passed up and down the table as the meal went on. The Beckett men chatting among themselves about current affairs and company business. Marcia pitching in when needed, mostly listening to Tiffany and Samantha's conversation about meeting Eddy Redland again.

"You had the biggest crush on that boy" Marcia smiled, sipping her lemonade.

"I know mum" Samantha blushed

"He invited us to hang out with him sometime" Tiffany remarked

Marcia grinned "Sounds great..." She glanced at Ezra "Do you remember Eddy?"

Samantha picked her glass up from the whistle table cloth, slowly bringing it to.her lips as she glanced sideways at the boy sitting next to her. "You know Eddy?" Her first words to him since they began eating.

Ezra smirked sipping his tea. "Yep. Broke his scoring record last year."

He and Eddy had never really come into contact, but Ezra didn't like him. He was just too pretty and perfect. And Ezra knew all to well that the people with the best public image were often the one's with the darkest secrets.

The gorgeous blonde to his side was living proof of that. And in truth so was he.

His eyes cut to Tiffany, then over to his lover. "I also fought his older cousin some while back. Not much of a fighter."

Marcia nodded "Those fights seem to be doing you many favours" the way his body transformed was impressive too everyone old and young.
"Besides fighting what are your plans for the future?" Marcia asked. This drew everyone's attention, the men who were engaged in conversation all looked toward Ezra, and so did his girlfriend.

Samantha eyed him expectantly, feeling a sense of pride from the mere fact that the boy she enjoyed rolling in the sheets with bested her childhood crush.

"I don't mean put you on the spot" Marcia touched his hand lightly "I'm just a curious old lady." She chuckled "Especially when it comes to the future of children I care about. I've known you since your were a baby. Now your fighting grown men in rings. That's something that rakes in girls...are you seeing anyone special?" Samantha had been taking a sip of her lemonade and suddenly began choking. She grabbed her napkin, coughing aggressively into it as she tried to clear her throat, red faced as always.

Jason smirked inwardly "They're definitely sleeping together" he thought.

Ezra turned and gently patted Samantha's back until she was breathing easy then he turned back to Marcia once everyone was sure that she was alright.

"Actually that was my last professional fight. They are starting up these leagues and stuff, but Vegas was the national championship. And I've already beaten the best from all over the world. Including the continental champs." He shrugged his mighty shoulders. "So I'm done. Already committed to sports at OSU so they have my time. My grandpa doesn't want me to get hurt. I plan on doing my sports and attending business school with a minor in psychology."

He smiled just looking at Marcia. "And yes. I am seeing a very very special lady. Most beautiful woman I've ever seen."

He resumed eating, carefully not looking at Samantha, though he did note Jason's not so hidden smirk, and cocked an eyebrow, curious if the man would tell what he suspected or help protect his niece. He did very very gently touch Samantha's foot with his own.

The revelation about Ezra's fighting career shocked Sean and Jason Beckett alike. Marcia however had been stunned at the news of the young boy's girlfriend. Tiffany's face showed her shock as well. Both females floored by the fact. "She must be one hell of a girl" Tiffany quipped, knowing fully well Ezra Willowfoot was not easily swayed by a skirt.

Samantha cleared her throat and rose from her seat an empty plate laying in front of her "I'm done, excuse me" She collected her wares and those of her brothers and made her way to the kitchen. "Oh god" her hands gripped the counter firmly, hear beating out of control. "In gonna kill him" Samantha poured dish washing liquid into a bowl, roughly working her hands to create suds, ready to take her stress out on the dirty dishes.

"Whoever is finished can take the dishes to Sammy" Marcia said, slicing into another chicken breast.

"I'm nowhere near done" Tiffany grinned.

Ezra took his plate, winked at Tiffany, and went inside.

He say Samantha's set jaw, and her furious scrubbing and sighed.

He set the stuff into her sink, then stood beside her. "I'm sorry...but I will not lie regarding how amazing you are. If you were willing I would tell the world. I know for a fact I have been honored by having the best girlfriend and woman alive. I am trying to live up to that."

He smiled. "Your uncle invited me by the way. Please don't be angry at me."

He pulled away as her brothers came in and called for him to come see their stuff.

He winked at Samantha then followed the boys.

"You should've said no!" Her eyes narrowed "What if my parents pick up on it...worse yet what if my Uncle Henry does. We both know how racist he can be." Samantha was angry, his words scared and flattered all at the same time. She knew how easy it could be for their lives to change, but most of all the amount of opposition she would receive from her extended family.

She sighed when her younger brothers came in and whisked Ezra away. Angry at herself for taking her frustration out on him, the last person that deserved it. Samantha finished the dishes in the sink as quickly as she could. Then made her way up the long staircase, heading to her siblings room

"Hey guys, can I borrow Ezra for a minute?"

Chase nodded as he showed Ezra the last of his Lego "I don't mind as long as you convince him to bring his sisters next time"

Samantha pursed her lips "I think I can convince him" she winked at Ezra knowing a kiss would do the trick.

"I will bring the girls. They would be glad to see you guys again."

He waved goodbye then followed his girlfriend into the hall, and once sure they were far enough away from the boys he whispered. "I am sorry babe. I didn't mean to make things difficult for you. I figured saying no would be even weirder. Jason knows by the way."

He checked the area and gently touched her arm, where his body would protect the view from anyone else. "But you should know this Sam. I am not afraid of Henry. And i respect your parents but I don't fear them either. If Henry lays a hand on me he'll learn how hard I can hit back. If he lays a hand on you..."

He said no more but his eyes burned with a brilliant and dangerous light that no one would be wise to test.

Samantha ran her well manicured hand through her golden tresses "Saying no won't be weird..." Her eyes scanned the hall before reverting back to the hunk standing in front of her "Just admit that you wanted to see me" Her voice a mere whisper, noting wanting her anyone to hear. She knew her words were the truth, it was why he had not answered her. Instead placing his hand on her arm, gently caressing.

As he spoke of her family she quieted, listening to his every word, taking it all in. The dangerous blaze that illuminated the deep blue made her feet shift uncomfortably. Samantha tip toed, placing both hands gently on Ezra's cheeks, bringing their lips together in utmost harmony. Her tongue massaging and stroking his, lips lightly gripping him as she went back in for another. "You...have to at least fear my dad..." Her kisses slowed "...he owns many guns" She smiled against his lips. "And I'm sorry for getting upset" she breathed, fingers softly tucking his loose hair behind his left ear, feet now firmly planted back onto the hardwood floors of her home.

Samantha bit her lip and nodded "Well..." She smiled slightly "Let me.go help.with dessert..." with a small grin she left her boyfriend standing in.the hall,after being a complete and utter tease with her heated mini make out.

"Of course I wanted to see you. I always want to see you. Even if it's just when I blink."

He blinked as she kissed him, then drew her in closer, deepening the kiss. He didn't have or give an answer to her question, squeezing her gently. "And actually no. Your dad is many things but he is not a murderer, and he is also a man of honor. it's why his daughter grew up to be so wonderful." He ran his hands through her hair as well.

He smiled studying her face, then grinned. "What is dessert?"

He did catch her hand and kissed it before letting her go.

Samantha retreated to the kitchen where her mother stood, bustling over the strawberry tiramisu like usual. "Mom you do this every Sunday.." She rolled her eyes.

"Yes, and it's about time you learned"

Samantha pursed her lips, wishing she kept her mouth shut.

"When you've got your family. These are the kind of traditions that will be remembered by your loved ones" Marcia glanced at her beautiful daughter. The image of a future wife, mother and strong individual. A loving and caring woman who would risk it all for those close to her. Everyday the green eyed woman prayed for someone great and loving to stand by Samantha's side. Protecting her with his all, giving her his heart, making her his world. Marcia knew Samantha deserved nothing less, as a Beckett but most of all as her baby girl.

Samantha replied with a simple "Mm.." and a slight nod. Afraid to think that far into her future. Unsure of what laid ahead on the road to marriage and creating a family and home of her own. Her tongue gently caressed the pink expanse of her lower lip, remembering the feel of Ezra on them, the touch of his hands pulling her closer as they kissed. For a brief moment Samantha gave into his request. She stood in the kitchen of her lovely home and stared out onto the deck where the men of her family were gathered, and the young blonde allowed herself to imagine a life with the wild Indian boyfriend who stood upstairs.

A life where they were in a nice home, happy and surrounded by love. The place where his kisses were last thing she felt at night, and the first thing she woke up too in the morning. No doubt they'd be envied, Wilmington's personal powerful couple. A union that would spawn enemies but just as many allies. Enough to make their children feel safe. "Ezra alone would take on an army" she thought with a small smile. He would be a man for his family, and Samantha Beckett understood the might of man that one lucky woman would be bestowed with.

Her daydreaming had been interrupted with the sound of her mother calling upstairs to the boys. "Ezra don't let them keep you from my dessert now..." She chuckled "Sammy take these out to your dad"

"Yeah...sure" Samantha collected the saucers taking them out to her dad and uncle's while her mother filled their glasses of ice, placing a bottle.of whiskey between the three men.

"I'll have my cake in the front mum, With Tiffany" Samantha passed Tiffany a plate "Ezra will join us when he's ready" She mumbled.

"But if there you won't be able to tell me the juicy news" Tiffany whined, pouring herself some lemonade.

Samantha bit her lip, trying not to grin. "Trust me....he's not a problem" If her red headed friend only knew what was about to be shared. Samantha made her way out of the front door over the pebbles driveway and onto the grass, finding a comfortable seat under the bench of the large oak tree in the middle of their front lawn.

"You can't keep me in suspense any longer Sam, like I've been waiting since church...I'm almost ready to start cussing your blonde behind."

Samantha threw her head back in laughter, almost choking on the cake. "Okay okay...fine" she swallowed clearing her throat and waiting till Tiffany was done chewing, so as not to cause harm. "I've got a boyfriend..."

The redhead's eyes widen "You're kidding..."

"I wouldn't lie about that Tiffy" she cut another piece of cake, carefully watching her friends face.

"I think I know who he is" she smirked

Samantha narrowed her eyes

"I'm gonna guess....it's Ezra..."

Now it was Samantha's turn to widen those beautiful brown eyes of hers.

"Come on Sam I knew he had a thing for you since Arkansas. I just never thought you'd....You know.."

"Date him?"

"Yeah..." She shook her head in deep thought "Out of all the girls who could snag him.." a smile played at her lips "It's you...speaks to you boundless beauty" Tiffany teased. "Sooo, gimme the dirty details"

Samantha shrugged "We kissed..." She twirled a strawberry on her silver fork "...and made out..." Her voice lowered cheeks turning red "...we had...sex"

Tiffany squealed slapped her friends knee "Samantha Beckett you slut!" She half whispered and yelled "I cannot believe you did it before me, with your arch enemy for crying out loud. God! That must've been so hot"

"It was sooo good"Samantha admitted with no shame. She would mount Ezra.Willow foot any chance she got without any regret.

"Yes ma'am."

Ezra called down then returned to the boys. They were in the middle of a rather large and bulky car construction, the three of them rapidly adding on, while Ezra smiled, still thinking of the gorgeous blonde downstairs who had chosen him.

They finished the construction and the boys took it down to show their mother, while Ezra went down to the kitchen, and as if called went to join Samantha and Tiffany once he had his dessert and a drink.

He entered the room and noted the ladies and their high spirits, and knew instantly that Tiffany had been told. He smirked, took a bite of dessert, walked over to her, leaned down and kissed her shoulder before sitting beside her.

His eyes flicked over to Tiffany, waiting for the questions he knew would be coming.

Ezra's actions made Samantha Beckett blush and her best friend giggled, but both equally as shocked. Samantha knew Ezra Willowfoot liked the thrill of danger but she was just getting used to it. His bold move of kissing her shoulder out in the open, on the front lawn of her home had been a risky move. Brown eyes scanned the area, in hopes that no one saw.

"Don't do that.." She whispered, glancing over at him "We're outside, anyone could've seen"

Tiffany nodded "Maybe you aren't afraid of getting shot by Mr Beckett but it won't go over well with your family" As much as she had been happy for her best friend. Tiffany Samuel could not understand his attraction to her, a girl who treated him harsher than any other in Wilmington. Ezra always struck Tiffany as the type.to play it safe, she assumed the Indian hated the Beckett's as much a his father.

"When was the moment that you liked her?" She asked curiously.

"Your family is still at the table."

He smirked. "And anyone who is watching close enough to see that would actually be happy to see me do it."

His eyes flicked over to Tiffany. "Neither I nor my father nor my father hate Sean Beckett, his wife, and certainly none of his children." He took a bite of his dessert. "And for the record my family loves Samantha. They don't know yet, but they do think the very best of her."

He looked over at Samantha cocking an eyebrow. "The day she came to speak to me in the library."

Back
Top Bottom