Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Defiance (Marvel) Lady/Fox

“Mine.Get another.”Lexi ordered smirking a little. “....Don’t worry about Romanoff.”James said tilting his head. “We’re freeing the teenager widows, if anyone would approve of that, and overlook that we’re all still technically hydra, if we help her.”James said not going into why else Natasha might be willing to overlook their involvement. “....You’re the one who called her eye candy?”James said eyeing the man, smirking slightly before nodding, “Of course.”He said plucking the knife away from the other and sliding it in under his body armor, him and lexi well ready to go whenever needed.

he snorted. "i have others." h admitted, shaking his head a little. "i do worry about Romanoff. as soon as she finds out who killed that guy, i looked into his files, he was one sick bastard, she's gonna want to beat the shit out of whoever killed him. and since i bet she knows you, she'll go after me instead because she doesn't like me." he admitted before shaking his head. "in my defense, i was pretty sure i was going to die before she ever found out about that." he admitted. "only i didn't and now i know she want's my dick shoved down my own throat." he admitted before smirking at them. "get some food and we'll go. everyone has to eat before a mission." he admitted. keep our strength up and stuff." he admitted, peicing together all the gins. "here. Icers. newest models." he admitted, handing them each a gun with glowing blue parts. "dendrotoxin, i'm not sure what it is but it's potent so don't shoot anyone you don't want to knock out. safe on adults and children and there's even a version for demi-gods, superhumans and super-soldiers." he admitted. "for the poor souls used in the Centipede experiments."

“He was sick. And she does know me, but she’ll not shy away from trying to bash my head in, so don’t worry about her coming after you. She’ll want me for this.”James said looking amused, even if he was well aware that despite the promise to natasha to see the man dead, she’d be pissed she wasn’t there for it. “...We could change that you know. Make you dead.”Lexi teased smirking a little as they ate, looking at the guns.”Thanks. Knifes and icers. This is a good morning.”Lexi said looking amused as she looked over the weapons, humming thoughtfully, knowing this was going to be interesting no matter what happened.

he snorted a little and shook his head but didn't say anything more. he knew what he knew and he knew Natasha wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet in his brain simply because he was Hydra and she was Shield. "honestly, i think i'd rather you kill me than her. at least if you did it, it would be fast and clean and probobly painless." he admitted with a smile, draining the last of his coffee and loading up the last of his guns and knives and various weapons. "alright. ready?" he asked them. "we should be hitting the place right around eleven. maybe noon if we hit turbulence." he admitted. heading out. he was glad to see he was there closer to eleven. meant they'd probobly be done in time for a late lunch.

they where halfway through the attack when he came face to face with the one person he never wanted to. Natasha Romanoff. "Stop. on your knees." she ordered, her very real gun aimed straight for his head. he didn't hesitate and he didn't try to bluff or talk, he just did what she ordered and followed it up by spreading them and placing his hands on his head. "Don't move!" Alex ordered, cocking back his own gun, this one an Icer, having been seconds behind Grant. "easy, Alex. she's not the enemy." Grant promised, Ale hesitating before slowly lowering his gun, Natasha lifting an eyebrow. "what are you doing here?" Natasha ordered, her hand still holding the gun and aimed right for his head. "We're attempting to find, recover, and re-home the young Black Widows into proper homes. we don't want them to be slaves or machines." Grant admitted. "no one should have to go through what these girls go through and we want to make sure they find homes where they can have normal, happy lives while getting the help they need to recover from their time here." "....your the one that killed Kapnov." "no. i didn't know who he was until after he was dead." he hesitated. "someone else, who knew him personally killed him."

“Well, if it comes to that, I’ll kill you.”James promised looking amused though as they finished their food, nodding. “Let’s go then.”The two said following him out.

“Is re-home even a word? I mean, I know what you meant, but I don’t think that’s the right term.”Lexi said as she eased in from the far side of the room, flicking a look towards the door as she heard a bowstring being pulled back, holding up her hands. “If I wanted to hurt you, I would have already tried, Barton.”She said watching the avenger, taking heart in the fact that he simply didn’t shoot her, taking her eyes off him to look at natasha. “Do you really think he’s skilled enough to have killed Kapnov?”She questioned looking amused, wondering why James was hanging back, and wondering if he had his own reasons to be putting off this meeting. She was going to kill him herself if he was keeping things from her.

Natasha tensed at the new voice, her eyes narrowing even as Grant huffed. "yes, Re-home is a word!... i think." he admitted before shaking his head. "it doesn't matter." he admitted. "Clint, i think it's okay." Natasha admitted, though she didn't relax, just let Clint know it was probably okay to come out into the open. "Lexi right?" Natasha asked. "freshly graduated? is this your handler?" she asked, indicating Grant. "she doesn't have a handler anymore." Grant stated simply. "and hey! i could totally have taken him! in fact i DID take him! i was the one who had him on his knees the same as all the others!" he whined. "not that it was all that hard. take away his guards and he's pretty useless." he admitted, Natasha nodding. it was true. it was the guards who kept the girls in line and under control. Kapnov was the scary one anyway. getting pulled out of your bed by him in the middle of the night meant pain. what kind of pain depended on how old you where and what kind of mood he was in. "so you think your just going to come in and take all these girls?" "course not. i'm not taking them, i'm freeing them. my men are already sweeping through the rest of this building, taking down anyone who puts up a fight with Icers." "and what then?" "we go through the adults." Alex spoke up. "anyone truly loyal to Hydra, and anyone who... took pleasure in their positions here will be shot dead. everyone else will have a chance to renounce Hydra and go home or find a home or get help finding a home. or they can join us in taking apart Hydra piece by piece." he paused before deciding to be honest. "and then we'll take apart Shield in the same way."

“Ah. Okay.”Lexi snorted sounding amused, though she was still watching Clint. “...If I get shot again, I’m blaming you, and telling Bruce it’s all your fault.”Clint grumbled lowering the bow slowly, watching them slowly. “No. The last base he pulled me out of the memory wipe thing, and gave me the choice to follow and help the others.”Lexi shrugged before snorting. “Only after....he....was horribly intimidating and annoying.”She teased mostly, simply to get under Grant’s skin, simply because she knew James taking credit for being a scary bastard would annoy him. “I think that’s what-” “It was. We’re done here. Well. If Natalia isn’t going to kill Grant anyways.”James said as he stepped silently across the catwalk above them, having discovered the catwalks to the warehouse and having been using them to spy on everything going on. “Shield?Why?”Clint said studying grant. “Because it’s rotten.”James said enough in shadows that you couldn’t tell who it was simply by looking at him.

"You won't get shot." Natasha assured him. not while she had a bead on their boss. "and Bruce won't care if you get shot so long as he doesn't have to pull a bullet out of your ass again." she teased him. "it wasn't a memory wipe." Grant admitted. "it's the Faustus machine. it's designed to-"his face screwed up in disgust and fear almost. "comply. obey. like a puppet. it's disgusting. it doesn't truly make you forget it just represses everything until the only thing you know is pleasing the sick bastard who put you in it." he admitted, Natasha's hand tightening on her gun. "i've made it into a personal goal to find and completely destroy any evidence those things ever existed." he admitted. "...m mn had the base completely taken over before i even knew you where in the basement and the only help 'he' was, was scowling which Alex can do just as easily." Grant huffed before blinking when James stepped out onto the catwalk. "Grant? as in Grant Ward!"? Natasha hissed, tensing all over again, nearly pulling the trigger. "Maria Hill told me all about you." "well shit." "you betrayed your Team to Hydra, and when they went to turn you over to your brother you left a trail of dead bodies behind you. you where given the chance to be better and you..." "i was never given any chance!" Grant snarled. "yes! i made some very fucked up mistakes for a man i thought i loved! he saved me, he raised me, he showed me how to survive!" he closed his eyes. "and he betrayed me, it was too late to change what i had done." he admitted. "i was never given a second chance. my team, i had hoped to make things right, to fix what i had done but all they did was kill me, abandon me, betray me all over again and i lost, everything i had to live for!" he shook his head. "so i decided to tear down every lie. Hydra and Shield. and give people the second chance i was never allowed to have."

“...True. That was traumatizing for us both.”Clint said making a face, looking amused though as he watched them. “....Ah. Whatever. It was a machine that made life horrible. Whatever it’s called, just sucked.”Lexi made a face, nodding. “Well, we’re working on destroying them to.”Lexi said tensing a little as she watched Natasha. Snorting slightly. “I know. Winding you up is just to amusing to not do.”She added glancing up at James, gun coming up even as she heard the safety click off as james aimed, though she was sure he probably wouldn’t shoot Natasha, she was ready. “Don’t shoot him.”Lexi growled protective of the man already, tense as she sighted natasha, tense enough to ignore the bow being aimed at her. “If you’re going to blame him for turning on his team when they abandoned him again, I will shoot you Natalia. He’s trying, I’d like to see him have the chance.”James said from above, tense and waiting, wondering if he could distract her enough from her anger to make her shoot him. He knew he’d survive getting shot, he wasn’t so sure grant would if she shot him.

Grant sulked a little because she was teasing him and shook his head a little. "Don't protect him!" Natasha snarled. "he's just using you, the way he uses everyone." "i don't use people." Grant growled. "not the way you people do. we're just pawns to people like you. either we're useful or we're expendable. isn't that how it works!?" he demanded. "of course not!" Natasha hissed. "stop trying to talk your way out of this and call your pets off!" "they aren't pets you frigid bitch, they're people!" Grant snarled. "and this is why Shield is just as disgusting as Hydra is!" Grant spat right back, Natasha moving to pull the trigger to shut him and his lying mouth up before she froze at the name Natalia. only people from the Red Room had ever called her that. her threat assessment kicked in and she turned t the stranger above, deeming him the greater threat and knowing Clint would cover Grant as she aimed at the figure in the shadows. "don't you dare use that name." she ordered, looking about tn seconds away from just killing them all and being done with it. "You Hydra fuckers." she hissed. "Red Room Bastards. i should slaughter you all where you stand." clearly the death of the man who had tortured her through her entire childhood had left more of a mark on her emotional state than had been expected.

"He's been nicer to me then anyone with a place to stay, and he offered to let me put a bullet in his brain before you did. I figured either way I win."lexi said listening to them arguing. Wincing a little as she rolled her eyes up to look at james, he was going to get himself shot at this rate."I've taken alot of people's orders Natalia, I don't take yours." "Nat?"clint muttered looking at her as he drew the bowstring back ready to shoot them all."hmmm, but if you do that. You can explain to your captain why he brought me home in a body bag, and while that conversation would be interesting, I'd prefer to be alive for it."james said easing down into a crouch as he looked down at them, letting the shadows light his face enough to show he looked more like james barnes then he had in decades.

she narrowed her eyes at Lexi. "you have no idea what kind of monster he is. from what Maria tells me, he dropped two of his friends into the bottom of the ocean. one of them has suffered permanent brain damage from it." Grant winced at that. "the pod wasn't supposed to sink..." he whispered. "i thought it would float. i was sure it would float. it was supposed to float. it was designed to float..." that, more than anything made Natasha pause again before she stared at James, her eyes wide. "...Volk?" she asked, stunned. it was what she had always known him as, training her in the Red Room. one of the special girls. one of Kapnov's favorites. also one of the Winter Soldier's favorites. it was only because of the Winter Soldier that Kapnov had never gone too far with Natasha's body. had never taken liberties with her the way he had with other little girls. oh yes, she'd still been an experiment. he had still cut her open, played with her insides, made, unmade, and made her again. she'd come out of it with her innocence intact at least. well, what little innocence there was left. "...you killed Him." she whispered, staring at James. "i should shoot you. in the knees." she whispered, letting her gun drop. "why on earth would you protect this slime?" she demanded, indicating Grant. "he's using you James, you of all people should see it. he's just trying to start another war. or something. people like him thrive on death and pain and misery."

“He’s not the only one who’s turned on his friends.”James said tilting his head before nodding slightly. “Yes, Natalia.”James said snickering softly at the reaction. “Natasha?Should we really be standing here talking?”Clint said fidgeting a little simply because it made him fidgety at just standing in a hydra base. “...well, I did promise to shove a gun under his chin and pull the trigger. I may do many things, but I keep my promises.”James said frowning slightly before looking at grant, shaking his head a little. “I’ve thrived on death and pain for 70 years, this isn’t the same for him. He’s trying to be good. And well. I’m going to destroy shield to. Letting him plan things is easier.”James shrugged a little as he started down the stairs towads them.

Natasha scowled a little and shook her head. "there's a difference between abandoning your freinds and trying to kill them." she grumbled before deciding that it was safe enough and slipped her gun into her pocket. "it's fine, Clint." she promised him. "the Hydra bastards are already dead if Volk and this asshole are to be believed." "no, not dead. not yet anyway." Grant admitted. "a good number of Hydra aren't here willingly. some of them have had family held hostage, some have been brain washed or had their memories wiped. we have to find th ones who don't want to be here and give them a chance to leave." Grant admitted. "or give them a chance to build a new life if their old ones where taken away." Grant admitted, shrugging when Natasha gave him a sharp look. "the true believers will be shot dead. as will anyone in the hierarchy." he admitted. "after all you can't be in upper management if you're not willing to do evil, disgusting things." he huffed before looking at James. "think i could get to my feet now? my knees hurt." he admitted. "yes. get up. you can live for now." Natasha decided. "but only because Volk seams to like you. he has a good judge of character, so i'll give you this one, and only one chance." "honestly speaking, that's more than anyone else has ever given me." Grant admitted, getting to his feet and looked at Alex as the man walked in now that everything was calm again. "everything's sorted Sir." Alex stated. "Adults are all restrained to chairs in one room. all the children are in another. some of them are waking up already since we only gave them a single dose. anything you want me to tell them?" "take Lexi and James to them. Mrs. Romanoff too if she wants to go. they'll be the best to explain tot he kids what's happening." he admitted. "we'll go through the tests and see which of the adults needs to die and which deserve another chance." Grant admitted, getting to his feet and looking at Lexi and James. "if any of the kids are hurt, the doctors are out the back and the techs are there to start looking for homes and therapists for them as well. once they're calm and ready take them up there. you can come back down and help or stay with the kids after that, whatever you want." he looked at James. "is there anyone else you want to lay a claim to? i can leave them alive for you if you made any other promises of that nature."

“I tried to kill mine. Multiple times. He’s sorta to forgiving I think.”James said thoughtfully thinking it over as clint lowered the bow. “I’m always to be believed. Haven’t you heard, I don’t lie, and I’d never look guilty of something even if I’m sitting on a stack of bibles.” “....You know, you should have gotten in touch with them sooner. You’re in a weirdly good mood. Extremely weird.”Lexi said eyeing james as he watched them, before looking at grant on his knees. “You look good down there though. You should stay there.” “Lexi, stop being flirty, he already likes you.”James said rolling his eyes a little before looking at Alex as he walked in. “We’ll talk to them. Between the two of us, we know most of the kids. We’ll look them over and see if they need help.”Lexi said heading for the door and disappearing down the hall as James paused. “....On Von Strucker’s bastard, but he’s currently state side, so no, take care of them.”James shrugged following lexi out to go take care of the kids. Indeed, there were only a few bumps and scrapes to the group, no serious bad injuries at the moment.

"you have a better excuse than he does. you didn't remember who your friends where." she huffed, annoyed. "...to be honest, i'm less inclined to believe you now." Natasha admitted, smiling at him a little. "and you always look guilty even when your actually innocent." she admitted. "he's in a good mood because i'm pissed off and didn't shoot him." Natasha informed her, following Grant because she trusted James to do what was right for the girls. she didn't trust Grant at all. she was rather pleasantly surprised when Grant went through his speal, much like the one he'd done previously and only shot those who actually deserved it. the others where given the option of going hoe, being helped finding a home, or joining them and she was impressed with the amount of emotion that he spoke. maybe Maria Hill hadn't been entirely correct about Grant Ward. she was still kicking his ass about calling her eye candy. "everyone okay in here?" Grant asked, rejoining James and Lexi, offering the girls a smile. "it's Romanoff." several of the girls whispered, voices full of awe. she was a legend, even now. they stared at her with wide, amazed, awestruck eyes and she fidgeted, uncomfortable. "are we having a surprise test?" one of the braver little girls asked, looking ready, focused, prepared to do whatever she had to do to survive. "no Little one. there are no more tests." she explained.

“No excuses. I should always remember the pipsqueak.”James huffed a little before snorting. “I don’t believe you. And lies. All lies. I never look guilty. And I’m always innocent, no matter what the Captain says, it was always him!”James whined a little before snorting at natasha’s assumption but didn’t correct her which meant she was right. “Yea. We’re okay.”Lexi smiled straightening up from where she’d been helping one of the littlest girls get ready to go, before looking up at Natasha. “No, no more tests. She came with us to get you free. We’re safe now.”Lexi smiled a little. “,....I feel a little offended I didn’t get the same reaction as you.”James sulked a little looking at natasha, flirty, happy, in a extremely good mood, which meant it was most likely fake for the most part, hiding what he was really feeling or thinking. “Can we go, ms. Lexi?”The littlest one looked up at lexi as she held her hand. “Soon, little one.”

she rolled her eyes. "you haven't remembered him in dozens of years." she reminded him. "they kept very tight control over you for this very reason." she admitted, indicating the carnage of people littering the building. "good. i'm glad they aren't hurt too bad." he admitted, relieved to see the little kids weren't too bad off. "your a different kind of legend." Natasha admitted. "you weren't one of them." she admitted, smiling at the brave little girl who was still ready for a test because she knew how the 'bosses' worked. this could easily be a test and they would all be punished for trying to leave. "Kapnov is dead little Wolf." she admitted. "this man, shot him dead. he cannot hurt you anymore." she promised. "where will the girls be going?" "we have some homes arranged but i didn't know there would be so many." Grant admitted. "we'll get the oldest ones placed first. the younger ones will adjust better, it's the older ones that need a stable home first." he admitted. "the younger ones will come with us to the Ranch. i think they'll like the woods and the meadows and the horses." he admitted. "they'll be placed in loving homes once we can find them one." he admitted. "several of the people being held against their will by Hydra are willing to take in some of the girls. they'll be monitored very carefully of course." he admitted. "come on ladies. let's go." he said with a smile. "i'm coming with." Natasha informed them. "no discussion." "sure. come on." Grant said with a shrug. why not? he had other places he could hole up his army if he had to.

“No excuses for it still.”James muttered because he held himself to a higher standard, and even if everyone in the world understood the winter soldier had had no idea how he was, james still blamed himself for not knowing, for not being aware of what was going on. Having only fought back in the small ways he could, having taken his orders as utterly literal as possible. Shivering a little at natasha’s words, because he knew even without testing it that she still held his leash, even if he never wanted to admit it. Even if he resisted, he responded to her still. And that scared him, because he had no idea who he was anymore. “A very different legend indeed.”James muttered to her smirking at her as he raised a eyebrow, ignoring clint’s choked snort of laughter, knowing that soon enough clint’s curiousity would get the better of him, but for the moment his questions on natasha’s sex life was held back. “He’s very, very dead, I promise.”James aid seriously smiling slightly. “okay.”Lexi said curious about the older black widow as she helped her get the girls out and into the plane, settlign into the seat next to james and natasha, and only the sight of her face so close to james’, in close proximity showed just how much alike they looked, even down to the small mannerisms.

Natasha smiled at him. "you know Steve doesn't mind." she admitted. "he'll just be glad to have you back." she admitted. "you will be coming back, right?" she asked hopefully before giving Clint a stern look for laughing at her. "Okay." the little girls said. trusting James because of all the people in the world, James was the only one who was ever truly kind to the Red Room girls. all of the girls where excited when they landed in front of the massive ranch and he was happy to let them spill out of the jet and rush to the water or to the clusters of flowers or just to play in the dirt and be children for once. "Alex? take a jet, go buy some toys. at least one for each girl. stuffed animals probobly. something for them to cuddle at night." "sure thing boss." "And stop calling me boss dammit." "Sure thing Boss." Grant just sighed and shook his head. "whatever. come on." he offered to Natasha. "i'll get you and the Archer a room. i imagine you want to stay." "i'm personally invested in the girls. if you want them to go into homes, i'll be personally approving the homes." "fine by me. no one can get past you, if they can't be trusted i don't want them to have one of the girls." he admitted. "your the best, everyone knows it after all." he admitted, enjoying surprising them. and she did look surprised, and suspicious but he expected that. after all, the girls, as young as they where, where exceedingly deadly and dangerous and it would have been easy to keep them and add them to his army.

"...steve's a pipsqueak who's always trusting the wrong people. He should be careful."james muttered cagey because even if he wanted to see him the idea still freaked him out."yes...I am. Lexi to." "What?" "You need to at least meet steve."james said, a explanation that wasn't really a explanation. Smiling a little at the girls as they ran into the ranch he glanced at the others looking at clint and Natasha in true curiousity now instead of faked. "Your not used to being the boss are you?"lexi teased watching them a little.it was interesting really watching him figure out what he was doing."I see the first rule of hydra is across the board still. "Whatever you can do, natasha can do better."james snickered as they headed inside. "It's a rule no matter who you are."clint agreed

"Steve's not as trusting as you think he is." Natasha admitted with a sigh. "not anymore at any rate." she admitted before grinning at Lexi's surprise. "no." Grant admitted. "it's... daunting. being the boss." he admitted. "every time we go on a mission all i can worry about is if someone's going to get hurt." he admitted. "i'm glad today was easy." he admitted, smiling as several of the girls raced off, attracted by the dozen horses being led out by some of the older ex-Hydra who liked to take care of the horses. Grant had been told by the Doctor that taking care of the horses was good therapy for the adults. it seamed to be working well and he was planning on ordering another couple of horses and maybe some goats or some sheep or something. "oh yes. well, it's just point blank 'the rule', unofficial of course, both Hydra and Shield agree. Natasha's the best." Grant smiled a little. "i beat the best lie detector very created though." he paused. "well. i tricked the man working it at any rate. she never managed that, right?" "think again." "dammit."

"Well, it only was if you consider getting threatened easy."Lexi teased a little looking amused as she watched the kids before frowning as she considered them all."and beats loki, trickster god, at his own lying game, sorta wins over everything, forever."clint said sounding amused. "You...really did face a god?without backup?" Without him is what james meant in that growled question before shaking his head again."nevermind....when will your team start missing you?"

"hey, i get threatened all the time. i wasn't shot so it's a good day." he admitted with a smile before staring at her. "wait a minute. you mean that wasn't a rumor?" "i did not 'face' a god. he was in a cage. we just traded a few words and in the end i think everything went down exactly as that asshole wanted it to." she admitted. "Thor said that he was sent through a temporal flux so it doesn't matter anyway." "what's a temporal flux?" Grant wondered. "i dunno but i hope it hurts." Nat admitted. "there isn't much of a team anymore." she admitted with a sigh. "mostly it's me and Clint, so long as i check in with cap once a week we're pretty much left alone." she admitted. "Tony's gone a bit... insane, Bruce still hasn't come back, Cap's repressing and Clint decided to retire and live with his woman." she admitted. "pretty much the Avengers is a whole new team." she admitted. "one that i really don't care to play nice with."

“Ah. A good thought to keep when judging our sort of days.”Lexi snickered a little before looking at natasha thoughtfully. “A cage that he could still talk from. She totally got him to tell us what was going on. And I’m really, really hoping it hurt. Alot.”Clint muttered shuddering a little at the idea of loki. “...Tony’s insane?”James said looking worried before looking at the others, thinking it over. “And where is Cap right now?”He said sounding curious, definitely a mask for whatever he was feeling at the idea of meeting cap again. Or even being anywhere near natasha for that matter. Looking moments away from retreating and heading for his own rooms.

Back
Top Bottom