Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wildlands (rskde & BurningWillows)

61932347fb5812958077395ca18f5a70.jpg

Serena doesn't wake, even though she feels the slight nuzzle she barely registers it, lost in a dream where her and Alex are on a beach in the middle of no where, surrounded by cool waves and no worries. She doesn't want to wake from the dream, enjoying the actual sleep she's getting. Once he wakes her its over and she has to face her problems. For five more minutes they can both forget them, sleeping happily.

When she does turn over she wakes, the sun hitting her eyes. At first she fears the worst, that her eyes would open and everything would rush back. And it does, but less so. The pain feels like its been chipped away a little, and the fear doesn't grip her as hard. Her eyes flutter open and she stares at his peaceful face, and it calms her. Calms her like no other.

"All I ever want to do is love you," she whispered, speaking mostly to herself, "All I'll ever need is you. Don't give up on me. I need you now more than ever."

handsome-man-with-beard-smiling.jpg

He shifts slightly, moving in his sleep slightly so that something falls out of his pocket, a small black box, it looks almost like a ring box. He doesn't wake, and it doesn't seem like he will be waking any time soon...

The box seems like it's been in his pocket for at least a day or two, imside of the box is a diamon rigm, it must've cost a fortune. From the appearance of the box and ring it seemed like he had planned on proposing before the whole situation with Jordan happened.

Her eyes catch it, and she can't even peek. It's just too overwhelming. Her fingers tremble as she picks up the box and slips it into his pocket, her mind racing. How? When?

Did Jordan ruin this too?

Something in her snapped and anger flooded her. Not anger at Alex but at Jordan. How dare he ruin this...how dare he ruin everything for her?!

"He's not ruining this too," she growled, getting up.

Somehow, having a objective pushed all stress to the side, giving her one clear goal and it helped her. Serena slipped around the house silently, doing her best to think of nothing but what she had planned. Stealing Alex's phone she called Arya, who was quick to tell her the idea she has wasn't the safest.

"I don't want advice," Serena cut in, "I need those medications."

"The anti-depressants? Serena I need to be around to study any side effects."

"Please. Please Arya I need this."

Arya sighed, "Fine. I'll bring them over. But I had no part in this plan, so Alex can't get upset with me."

"This will help," Serena murmured, "This has to help."

Finishing up everything, she returned to the couch, crawling into his arms and kissing his cheek, trying to wake him. There are two suitcases at the door, and she's fully dressed.

He groans when she kisses his cheek in attempt to wake him. "Five more minutes.." He mumbles, his body beginning to notice her warmth missing from on top of him.

His eyes crack open, flicking over to the clock and noticing the time. "Serena, baby, it's really early.." He mumbles to her, his eyes looking up at her and reflecting confusion at why she is fully dressed.

Just the way he says her names makes her smile, fueling her determination. He is all I want. We can get through this. We can both get through this. All I need is him.

"Wake up love," she whispered, running her fingers through her hair, "Before I lose my nerve and start crying again. Get on up."

A knock on the door got her to move away and answer, Arya waiting with a small white bag.

"Instructions are inside," she handed them over, careful not to touch Serena, "You call me if you need me alright? Even if I'm across seas, I'm here for you."

"thank you," she nodded, "See you."

As Arya left, Serena stuffed the drugs in one of the suitcases.

"Alex, please get up. I'm started to feel the panic coming back, and I really don't want to break down right now."

He nods before sitting up and yawning loudly, spotting the suitcases by the door. "Where're we going?" He asks tiredly as he stands up. "Wherever it is I ought to get dressed.." He says before getting dressed, wearing his Casper t-shirt and a pair of jeans, his dog tags sitting on the inside of the shirt.

He walks out of their room and looks at her. "What's the plan?" He asks.

She hands him a envelope, keeping her mouth shut of what she had seen in his pocket.

"We are leaving," she stepped into his arms, "I can't look at this place without getting upset. I can't step down the street without panicking. So we are leaving San Fransico for a bit."

A month to be in fact.

And she explained the as they left, grabbing the cab she had called. She'd called into his office and explained the situation as best she could, and that he would need to take the month off. Turns out it worked, and they were letting him have the month off. He'd been working there for over a year, so he had the vacation time built up, and the gave him sick leave for the rest of it. Then she had called her work and explained the situation, and all they asked was for her to check in in two weeks.

"I booked flights last minute," she murmured as they sat in the cab, "I've been saving money all year with my job. We are going down to the Bahamas. Where no one can...hurt me, or you. Or us. Just you and me, for a month. I rented us a beach house and everything."

He hugs her back before stepping out into the hallway, walking down with her to the cab and listening to her speak, nodding as he soaks in all of the information.

"Wow, the Bahamas are supposed to be amazing.." He says quietly, biting the inside of his cheek softly as he thinks about the trip.

They get to the airport and board a flight, taking them about eight hours to get to the Bahamas, they step off the plane and into the airport where they catch another cab, which takes them to the beach house Serena had rented.

He walks to the master bedroom and begins to unpack his things before exploring the place, laughing and enjoying himself as he takes in the sights around him, the place is truly amazing.

The beach house they rented out is actually a bachelor suite with one floor, the bedroom, kitchen and dining room all melded together in a beautiful open concept. Her favorite part automatically is the large back doors opening straight onto the beach and a small back porch, all for their use. The beach itself is private property, so only renters of the houses could use the area, and as it was, they had no neighbors for a mile each way, giving them plenty of seclusion.

"Oh they left us brochures for activities in the town," she murmured, wrapped up in the gloriousness of it all, her mind forgetting again for a second about yesterday, "They have dolphin swimming and a zoo baby."

On the flight over she had broken into tears again, her mind falling back when there was nothing else to do. It was like a rocky rollarcoaster. One minute she was miserable, but as long as she had something to do or think over she was fine and smiling.

"What do you think?" she asked, looking around, "I know it isn't big, but I like small and cozy, and its luxurious. Plus the bathroom has a Jacuzzi."

31047-Beautiful-Beach-House.jpg

He looks around when she asks before smilimg and nodding. "I love it." He admits to her. "It's all we need, nothing more nothing less, perfect for the two of us." He says before sitting down in the bed.

"So what activities would you want to do? Personally I'm tired from getting woken up early." He admits with a laugh, rubbing the back of his head.

She sits down beside him, "I need to take my pills, and you need a nap. Arya warned me the drugs would make me feel over emotional for the few days, so many we can nap together, and when I feel better we can go out for dinner?"

She handed him a brochure for a restaurant on the edge of town, with great reviews and exotic food, "Please baby? And afterwards we can come back and cuddle up to a movie, or take a late night dip?"

~~

The day passed well, with dinner and then a movie being their choice. The next few days were a blur, Serena sleeping a lot due to the pills. But each day she got better, crying less and smiling more, able to talk more without stuttering. Being away from the states and everything was obviously having a positive effect on her, helping her cope faster than being trapped in their apartment would be.

By the end of the week she was sensitive about the subject, but didn't cry unless provoked, a mighty approval from before. She was lying out on one of the lounge chairs sunbathing when noon hit, drinking a glass of lemonade and reading a book while she let Alex sleep in.

Alex nods and lays down next to her, falling asleep almost immediately. Dinner was nice, the movie was fun and when they fell asleep nothing felt more perfect.

The improvements she was making were amazing to him, she finally seemed to be enjoying herself, a thought in the bacj of the mind thinks that staying here long term might be a good plan.. No, the States are home.

He wakes up without her at his side, he sits up before spotting her and walking over, wrapping his arms around her and the chair, his head next to hers.

"Y'know it's hard to sleep without you next to me.." He mumbles.

bf1d2c1f138bb7a0ed2738a99c4c43e2.jpg

She pulled her long bare legs up as his arms curled around her, humming. With how much privacy they had, she was quickly wearing less and less clothing around the house. It was mostly tank tops now and bikini bottoms, or lacy underwear. She hadn't even tried for a bra today, knowing she could go without. Serena kept imploring Alex to do the same, since the weather was hot enough for it. She didn't see a reason to him wearing any shirts, and pants were optional in her mind, preferring him in his boxers or swim trunks. Not that she had a say in the matter, but she could hope.

"Sorry hun," she purred, kissing his chin as she tilts her head, "The waves relax me."

It was true to a point. She loved listening to them, and they calmed the storm in her when she was having a rough episode. The drugs Arya had prescribed made her moods swings, as if she was going through withdrawals once again. She had taken the drugs and then stepped outside to relax, but it wasn't just to listen to the waves. It was easier to reflect as she sunbathed, and she'd been reflecting on her life for the past few hours, over all the good and bad that had happened. It still made her cringe to even think about what Jordan had done, but as long as she avoided the memory, she could push through. And through it all, from her parent's passing to Bolivia to Jordan, she'd never needed more support than by the person closest to her. Once it had been Emberly, but now it was Alex.

"You know I love you right?" she asked softly, kissing him, "That I'll always love you?"

They'd only been here a week but her brain kept spinning back to that black little box. She hadn't looked inside, but it was obvious what it was. Was he still going to propose? Had she ruined it all?

"What would you like to do today love?" she asked quietly.

Alex closes his eyes as he listens to the waves.. To her voice, her lips on his chin, it is all perfect.. His memory floats to the ring he had bought her.. How he is so scared of proposing and her running away again, how heartbroken he had felt just from her hitting his chest.. Not letting him wrap his af,s around her.. How does he know that won't happen again?

He feels her lips agaisnt his, he kisses her back with a quiet sigh, the place around them super relaxing. When she breaks away he opens his eyes, listening to her words, tempted to say what he feels.. But he keeps his mouth shut, she needs his support right now. "I love you too.." He says to her softly, the voice in his mind silently speaks. 'I'm not sure I know you love me anymore...'

"I could go change into swim trunks and we can out to the beach for a little while.." He says to her as he continues to hold her, noticing her lack of full clothing, he decides that the next day he would only wear swimming trunks.. And his dog tags of course, the necklace is a part of him.

Serena~

"Yes please," she sighs pulling away from his embrace only to stand up, "I'll pack us some food so we can picnic out there."

Pulling him inside, she set about packaging some snacks while he got dressed, sneaking in her second set of pills for the day. She hated having him see her take them, another reminder of everything wrong with her and what had happened. So Serena often tried to take them stealthily, so neither of them had to dwell on it.

"We got the best beach house," she grinned, "the sand outside is so white it makes the ocean crystal blue, and there is no one to bother us for miles. It's our own paradise."

She packed everything into a basket and waited at the Blackfoot for him, her eyes greedily eating up his naked form as he changed clothes. Serena was still too nervous to try sex again but she definitely knew it was only temporary. Her body ached for his every night they went to bed, and she ignored it, if only out of fear that it might hurt now.

He pulls his shirt off, leaving his dog tags to hang on his bare chest. He then pulls his pants off and slips on a pair of swimming trunks, also grabbing a pair of sunglasses from the dresser and putting them on top of his head.

He walks out of the room and on to the Blackfoot where Serena is waiting for him, he walks with her out on to the beach before laying himself down on the sand, putting his glasses down over his eyes and his hands behind his head, enjoying the warm sand on his back.

Serena~

She dropped the basket near him, spreading out a blanket he could lay on. Then she slowly pulled off her white tank top off in sight of Alex, trying her damnest to look sultry. Underneath was her matching bikini top, black with flower patterns. Tossing her shirt at him she let out a high childish giggle and ran away, booking it for the water. This vacation really was the best thing for her.

Hitting the waves she dove under, holding her breath as she submerged herself, swimming under the waves until she had to pull up for breath. Breaking the surf she laughed then dove again, swimming around under the water then coming up for air, waving at Alex when she popped up. The water felt cold and exhilarating on her skin, and Serena loved it, wanting to soak in it for hours.

Alex feels her shirt hit him and he sits up, lowering his sunglasses to see Serena running into the water. He pulls his sunglasses off of his face and he tosses them with her shirt over on to the blanket.

He jumps up and jogs into the surf, diving under. Of course, being a Special Operator, he can hold his breath for a long time. He's still underwater when he reaches Serena, grabbing her legs and flipping her so that she lands in the water.

Alex comes up and watches her fall, holding his gut as he laughs.

Serena~

She feels fingers wrap around her legs and for a split second terror ripples through her, her eyes snapping up to where Alex was supposed to be, terrified she was having another hysteric attack. But he wasn't there, and as she falls into the surf she sees a glimpse of his dog tags , her body relaxing instantly. She didn't have her necklace on, it was on the blanket where it was safest, Serena afraid it would fall off while she swam and become lost in the ocean.

Get a grip of yourself. It's just Alex. Your safe.

As quickly as she goes down she comes back up, splashing water at him as she sucks in air. Then she launches her own attack, lunging at him as her arms wrapped around his neck and her legs grabbed his, trying to trip him. Pure laughter rings out, soft and pleasant from her lungs. He just had that effect.

The bruises on her body had faded to light brown marks after to week, although the scars on her wrists were still pink and puckered, scarring unfortunately. Serena didn't mind the two scars - they reminded her of how far she had gone, and how she never wanted to feel that loneliness or sorrow again.

"I'm like a monkey!" She howled as she giggled, "I'll never let go!"

Alex laughs as she jumps on him, making him fall into the water with her, continuing to giggle as his arms wrap around her, pulling her against him.

He gets up after regaining his balance, tripping out of the surf and on to their blanket where he kisses her softly, the taste of the ocean on her lips. He feels her legs still wrapped around his as she sits in top of him.

She fell on top of him and her lips saught out his, like two magnets pulling at each other. His lips tasted like sea salt, and she squeezed him harder, feeling her slippery skin against his.

And everything fell into place. It just felt good, natural as she continued to kiss him, her lips become more hungry for him. It didn't hurt, it wasn't frightening - it felt healing. Serena wasn't sure if everything would feel this good, but his lips on hers felt like the world had settled back into place. Her mouth moved down his jaw, leaving little kisses over to his ear. She licked and nibbled on his ear lobe as he loved it, whispering sweet nothings to him.

"You make everything safe," she purred into his ear, her lips vibrating against his skin.

He sighs softly as they kiss, when she breaks away his hands move down her body to her hips to keep her stable.

Alex closes his eyes as she licks his ear and whispers into it, a smile pulling at his face at her words, he leans forward and kisses her neck as she pays attention to his ears, allowing her the courtesy to get as horny as he is starting to become.

His fingers running down her bare body make her shiver, the taste of his skin as she kisses his ear and neck like ocean salt. Without realizing it she's grinding her hips down into his, her legs tightening around him. Serena's not even aware she's doing it, her focus on kissing him, her mouth pressing back into his as her wild red hair dances around his face in wet strands.

His tongue moves along her lower lip, begging her for entrance. His hands tighten around her hips, the feeling of her hips grinding against his making him hard already. He breaks the kiss and starts to kiss her collarbone and shoulders, any skin that her bikini left exposed.

His tongue runs along her bottom lip and her breath stops, her heart beat racing. Suddenly she's aware of his hands pressing along her hips as they grind down into his, the feeling of his erection through his swim trunks arousing her. Again, Serena feels like she should be panicked, or in pain. But there's nothing but soothing pleasure with him, like he was the cure to all her troubles.

Tilting her head back, she hummed as his lips moved along her collarbones. Looking left and right she could not see a soul for miles down the beach, and knew it was highly unlikely they would. It had been a week and no one had walked past. Feeling braver than she had in weeks she yanked at the strings behind her neck, letting the bikini top flutter to the sand and expose her breasts to the ocean breeze.

"I want this," she whispered, more assuring herself than him, but needing him to hear all the same, "I want you."

Back
Top Bottom