Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wildlands (rskde & BurningWillows)

handsome-man-with-beard-smiling.jpg

He waits for Serena to go into the apartment, worried about her still. He directs his attention to Arya, listening to her advice before furrowing his eyebrows.

"What about going to my job? I'm no pyschiatrist Arya, I can't help her fix her past, she told me herself, I asked if I could help with her nightmares somehow and she told me to leave it to the guy that tried to.. Or did.. You know." He says with a sigh.

"I'm under a lot of stress right now, I killed a guy, my girlfriend is a wreck and I might lose my job if I can't get out of the apartment without her." He explains. "How do I got about this?" He makes sure to be quiet about this to make sure Serena can't hear their conversation.

summer-glau-hot-28331322_zpsracoltga.jpg

"Take an early vacation," she shrugged, unsure what else to say, "Look she flinched when I got near her, so its pretty obvious she's in a bad place, and the only one she's allowing close to her is you. I say, call your boss and take an early vacation until she's feeling a little better and can be on her own. That or consider the alternative...."

Arya pursed her lips, hating even the consideration of it, "You're other option is placing her in a psychiatric facility, that can help her work through it all. You can keep your job and I'm sure she'll eventually get better, but it'll be at the expense of your relationship, because I know she won't be pleased with it."

"I don't care what condition she's in. I'm not leaving her behind like that." He says to her, leaning against the wall before nodding. "I'll call in a family emergency." He says to her before sighing. "Good night Arya, enjoy the company of your fiance." He says before walking into the room, closing the door behind him and locking it.

He walks into their bedroom and gets prepared for bed, taking his shirt off and switching his jeans for pajama bottoms.

Saying goodnight she stroll down to her own apartment, the door left open by Kyle.

"Well that was eventful," she sighed, stepping in, "Wasn't what I had planned for today."

61932347fb5812958077395ca18f5a70.jpg

While Serena normally slept naked, tonight she pulled out a pair of plaid pajama bottoms and a long sleeved shirt, obviously uncomfortable with her body. Slipping into bed she curls up and waits for him, her mind and body numbed as she shuts down, unable to process all that's happened to her in one day.

He lays down next to her but doesn't touch her, as if he is hesitant. He bites the inside of his cheek before speaking.

"Babe, is okay if I touch you?" He whispers to her. "I don't want to hurt you, I'm.. Afraid of giving you any pain." He admits to her, almost ashamed of himself as he says it.

5857a2c3ab7d0c89c954a4129729e799.png

Kyle is sitting on the couch with his hands behind his head. He looks up at her and laughs nervously. "Yeah, wasn't exactly on the agenda, was it?" He asks.

He stands up and stretches. "I'm gonna throw in for the night, I'll seeya in bed, beautiful." He says before wrapping himself around the corner into the hallway, slipping into their room and preparing for bed, deciding to pull his socks and shirt off but leave his BDU's on.

He is still in the habit of wearing BDU's everyday, almost as if they were still in Bolivia.

Squeezing her eyes shut she nodded tentatively.

"just not my arms...or my legs p-please. Or my...my face," she broke down, sobbing into the pillow as she rolled into him, her head sliding into the crook under his chin.

"I'm so sorry!"

He wraps his arms around her and closes his eyes when she rolls into him.

"What are you sorry for? You've done nothing wrong.." He says to her softly. "It was my fault, I left you here alone at the wrong time, I was so pissed off that I wasn't thinking." He mumbles to her, rubbing her back lightly.

She continues to cry, the only calming thing being his hand rubbing her back, "You were right about him! You were right and I ignored you and if I hadn't...I...I..."

She cringed, her nails digging into his shoulders as she cried into his neck, her body curled right into him.

"He...he..." her voice continues to break, even as she tries to spit the words out, "He used everything against me! My past...what I told him of Bolivia. Y-you. He...he...stroked my hair when he was...d-done. It...he...he tried to soothe me. To calm down my...my crying. It felt like...like he was mocking me, mocking you. I hated it. I hated all of it!"

She said goodnight, watching him slip away before making a few calls, cashing in favors to get what Serena would need. When that was done she joined him in bed, stripping and pulling on her pajama shorts and a silky thin tank top. Crawling into bed, she cuddled up to him and fell asleep in minutes, exhausted from their day.

"I know I'm not supposed to remind you.. But did he.. Go.. Inside?" He asks her awkwardly, biting the inside of his cheek. What scares him the most out of this is his girlfriend holding the child of a man he killed, the audacity of taking care of a kid that isn't his.

He continues to rub her back softly as she cries, careful not to touch any of her wounds or hurt her in any way. "Everything will be okay beautiful.. Arya is gonna help you."

Serena~

"He raped me Alex, what do you think?!" She snapped, her face turning red as just the thought of it infuriated her an devestated her. The tears came down even worse, and she shrivelled up more.

He bites the inside of his cheek, tears welling up in his eyes. "What're we going to do about it?" He asks her, unsure of how they would cope if the child was born.

Serena~

"Do with what?" She looks at him incredulously, "I just got...got raped! And your...god your worried I might be pregnant! Oh god...oh god your going to leave me..."

She hits him hard in the chest, trying to pull away from him, "If ou don't want me just say so!"

"I'm sorry!" He says quickly, recoiling back and letting go of her when she hits him. The expression on his face is one of hurt. "Listen Serena, I'm as scared as you are right now.. I never said that I don't want you, I love you and you know that.. Let's just stop talking about it." He suggests softly.

He bites the inside of his cheek, tears threatening to spill over his eyelids as he looks at her, the pain in his chest almost like his heart breaking.

She thought she wanted him to let go but the instant she was free it felt even worse.

She tumbled backwards, falling off the bed and hitting the wall. Her whole body just curled into itself, ignoring reason, ignoring his words. She felt ugly and unwanted, and her brain screamed that at her over and over, deafening her.

Alex jumps up when he sees her fall, kneeling down next to her, his eyebrows furrowed worridly. "Serena.. Oh my god.. I'm sorry, I didn't... I didn't mean for you to fall.." He says to her quietly.

He reaches out to touch her shoulder, as if asking if she were okay, but he notices her curled up in a ball, seemingly ignoring him, which causes him to hesistate. 'Who is she?' His mind thinks to itself, as if unable to recognize this new side of Serena.

It was all too much.

Serena's mind slipped and the fear that gripped her distorted. No longer was she afraid of losing Alex. She was afraid of losing her life. She was terrified they'd find her, find her and hurt her. She needed to move, needed to run.

Uncurling she pushed herself up rockily, ready to run. But then the room spun and she wasn't in a forest. She was...she was home. Her eyes landed on Alex, seeing that question in his eyes, accusing her. Accusing her of not being the Serena he loved. Accusing her of not being good enough for him.

And there was nothing she could say or do. She just froze, like a deer in headlights, calculating if she should run, fight, or continue crying.

"Serena.. Please don't leave.." He says to her quietly, rising to his feet and giving her a small surrendering gesture to assure her he wasn't going to hurt her.

"If you can't be near me tonight you can sleep in the guest bedroom.. But I would like it more if you were here with me." He says to her, his eyes locked with hers as he speaks, as if trying to ensure he was getting his point across.

"I just...need water," she muttered, excusing herself as she stepped out, needing breath of air.

Her bare feet padded to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water as she sat down at the table, trying to sort out her thoughts. What had happened back in the bedroom? That had confused her, and the fear still felt so fresh and real. And Alex's words...as her overwhleming distraught faded away she was able to think about what he had said, and it still hurt. He was assuming she wanted, or for that matter WAS pregnant. He hadn't even given her the chance to talk, or given her a few days to recuperate. It felt like an attack, assaulting her on all fronts.

When she got back to the bedroom she was calmer, but still depressed. Crawling into bed, she pulled up the covers and tried to relax, quickly falling asleep with Alex at her side, unable to let him hold her, but comfortable with him inches away.

Her nightmares started like all the others: Serena opening her eyes to Emberly's cold and hard eyes watching her. When she got up and ran she found herself in a labrynth maze of a compound with no doors, and no escape. Eventually thugs would begin to appear and But it had changed. Now when she ran into the courtyard where she knew she'd find her sister's body would by tied up to a tree, she found a figure standing beside the tree instead, a clown mask over their face. Green eyes stared through the mask, full of hate and fear, begging her to come closer and stay away. When Serena did take a step closer a loud shot rang out, clear through the silence. The mask cracked as a bullet pierced it, falling away to reveal Emberly's face. Those green eyes stared horrified at her as the bullet sunk into her skull and blood poured down her face. As she collapsed Serena turned to look for the man who shot her. Standing on the wall was...was Alex. He held a sniper rifle, still aimed at Emberly's body. Then he turned it on her, aiming at her heart.

"Don't!" she screamed, waking herself up with a jolt, her whole body cringing as her eyes flashed open.

"A nightmare," she sighed, "Just a nightmare."

"He'll be the death of you," the voice in her ear froze her every nerve, making her freeze in horror.

Jordan's face rose coming into view above her as suddenly she felt held down, her body pinned to the bed, unable to even wiggle.

"I'm so much better," he whispered, smiling evilly, making her heart stop, and her breath hitch in terror, "I can give you everything he can't."

"Get off!" she screamed in his face, "Get off of me!"

"You'll see Serena. You'll want me back," he purred, his face getting closer as his fingers dug into her arms, holding her tightly, "You're going to miss me."

"Never!" she screamed, "Get off of me Jordan! Get off! ALEX! ALEX HELP ME!"

"He's gone," he whispered, shaking her, "He never wanted someone as broken as you."

"No!" she cried, "No it isn't true! YOU'RE LYING! He...he loves me. HE LOVES ME!"

He continued to shake her, even as she squeezed her eyes shut. But his voice begin to transform, sounding weirdly more...familiar, more comforting. Jordan's voice became Alex, and Alex was shaking her, trying to wake her from the nightmare.

"Alex?" her eyes flashed open and that fear washed away, her breath coming out in one long whoosh, "Alex, oh god it's you."

Alex had been shaking her for a good minutes or so before she finally awoke. "It's just me.." He says to her quietly, not prompting her to talk about her nightmare. "You'll be okay, just go back to sleep.." He says to her while watching her.

It seemed as if the man hadn't gotten any sleep at all, the paths of tears stained on his cheeks and bags formed under his eyes, his whole body seemed exhausted, nearly hunched over and struggling to stay conscious.

She shakes her head, not wanting to even close her eyes.

"I can't," she whispers, "Please don't make me. Can we...watch a movie...or t.v?"

Now that her arms are free she's touching his chest, almost inspecting him to make sure he isn't another dream.

"I can go myself if you need sleep. I'm just..."

How could she tell him she was scared of herself? Or her nightmares? Of being left alone?

"You know that I can't leave you alone.." He says to her softly before helping her stand and walk out to the living room where he turns on the movie Finding Nemo.. Thinking to himself that nothing I'm this movie could possibly set her off.. Right?

Pulling him down on the couch, she's quick to curl into him and cuddle up. For some reason it didn't bother her to be wrapped in his arms, as long as he didn't touch her bruises. The movie itself was easy to watch, and it made her smile a few times, something she was sure warmed Alex's heart. She'd been crying so much she didn't know she could still smile, but she was.

After Finding Nemo she turned on Megamind, wanting another children's movie. Again she found herself smiling at parts, even letting a giggle escape. In the dead of night, wrapped in his arms and immersed in a movie, she was able to forget her life for just a few moments...

He decides to stay completely quiet during the movies, his arms wrapped around his girlfriend with his head resting against hers, watching the first movie with her. By the time they had reached the second movie his mood was a lot lighter, but he feels himself becoming drowsy.

About halfway through Megamind Alex nods off, barely making a sound as he rests against his girlfriend, the movie not even affecting his sleep or his dreams.

She feels him fall asleep, but its comforting to still have him holding her, his head resting on hers. So she says nothing and remains quiet, smiling to herself through the movie. After the second movie is over she moves on to a third, then a fourth, staying up through the night with her inability to sleep easy. By the time dawn comes she is on her fifth movie, but Serena has finally fallen asleep, wrapped in Alex's embrace as the movie plays on, shaping her dreams and keeping the nightmares at bay.

Alex sleepily nuzzles his head against hers lightly, she had fallen on top of him while they slept, she had clutched his arm after they had dropped to his side in his sleep, leaving him on his side with her laying on his arm.

He yawns before closing his eyes again, not wanting to wake up at all, wanting to keep the peaceful moment they are currently a part of completely intact.

Back
Top Bottom