Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Intuition and Insight(Bloodkiss-Cysma)

"I was just going to step outside for a bit. Why, did you need me for something?" Zayle asked, looking back to her over his shoulder.

Caoimhe worried her lip, surprised that she was actually rather sad that he was leaving. "N-no. I...I'll be fine here for a while." She laid back and closed her eyes, trying to relax so she could get some sleep. But her body was still humming with nervous energy, still reeling.

About an hour later, Zayle returned and laid down beside Caoimhe on the bed, silently falling asleep with her.

She didn't know when she'd fallen asleep, but when Caoimhe awoke in the middle of the night she found that he had returned and was laying next to her in the bed. She blushed, noting that they were both still naked and remembering their earlier tryst. She moved a little closer to him, telling herself that it was to stay warm but knowing full well that it was more out of infatuation, and went back to sleep.

Morning finally came and Zayle slowly awakened to find Caoimhe laying closer to him than he remembered. He didn't seem to mind; they did have sex after all. He lay there and waited for her to wake.

Caoimhe's eyes drifted open, and she stretched with a groggy smile. "Good morning." She blushed, her eyes trailing over him, recalling the night before.

"Did you sleep well?" Zayle asked. "You can start your new life here today. You can even learn alchemy to go along with your magic!" He slowly got out of bed, not seeming to be in any hurry. "Also, where is your familiar?"

"A witch has a familiar to do her bidding! You of all people should know that!" Zayle chuckled, as though "witch" wasn't a bad thing. "Usually some small animal or something, and you can nurse it with these." He briefly put his hand on one of her breasts, giving it a squeeze to emphasize the point.

Caoimhe blushed furiously, glancing down at his hand as it teased her. "But I'm not really a witch...at least, not yet. And how will I nurse something if I've never been pregnant?"

"That's not necessarily true." Zayle seed. "What do you think your breasts are already filled with? Have you thought about that?"

"Well...um...I'm not so sure about that myself. I kinda thought witches would be born with them or something." Zayle shrugged. He then grabbed a scroll and handed it to her. "This is a map of our city. Use it to find the alchemist, and anything else of interest."

"Then I suppose I'll have to ask the alchemist." She nodded and took the map, studying it for a moment. "Um...might I put my clothes back on? I'm still not entirely comfortable being naked..."

Zayle nodded to Caoimhe. "If that makes you feel more comfortable, then go ahead. In earlier times we would have required visitors to be nude as well, but we are becoming more tolerant of outsiders." He then began to head outside. "I will see you later, Caoimhe."

"Oh, alright." She was rather sad to see him go again, but she supposed he had things to do. She tugged on her dress, leaving the shift and her boots in an effort to fit in a little more. She took a peice of string from around her belt and tied her hair up in a loose bun. After examining the map for a moment she set out to find the alchemist, tucking the guide under her belt for safekeeping.

She leaned in the doorway, glancing around for someone. The map had led her here, and she hoped that this alchemist would be able to help her. "Hello?"

Inside were several tables and shelves filled with row after row of vials and ingredients. A naked male elf with long blonde hair was holding two vials, and turned to face Caoimhe as she made her presence known to him. "Hello there. Come on in. Do you wish to have a potion made?" His skin was very light, he was certainly not a drow, and his skin looked very smooth and sculpted.

Caoimhe smiled softly, noting that he was rather attractive in a way much different from Zayle. She stepped inside and bowed slightly in greeting. "I actually came to ask some questions. I...um, wish to study. I want to learn anything you can teach me."

"Ah, very well. I can teach you. I actually have another pupil that shall be arriving in a few minutes. Perhaps you could learn together. In the meantime, make yourself at home." He turned around and disappeared into a back room. If Caoimhe didn't look at his penis when he was facing her, she missed her chance for now.

Caoimhe found a chair and sat down, glancing around and becoming familiar with her surroundings. Her mind hummed with nervous energy, eager to soak up any lesson she could.

Sneaking around the corner of the building with silent grey paws, Raelin observed the center of the city. Her bright yellow eyes scanned the area for anything interesting, ignoring the crowd of drow. She'd been around them long enough to be comfortable with them, especially in her current form. No one really bothered the large grey wolf, and she didn't bother them. Directly after she'd left the woods, she couldn't change forms more than once a day without making herself ill, but after spending some more time in the city, she'd become accustomed to the rythm of things and could change several times a day without tiring.

Soon after the alchemist emerged from the backroom, looking to the lupine creature as she came in the doorway. "Ah, Raelin! Come on in, have a seat! I have a new student today!" He smiled to her.

Raelin sauntered in, her intelligen eyes assessing the other woman. She sniffed in her direction before going over and sitting on the floor beside her. She smelled like a witch. But it seemed she didn't know her own power, if she was here. A wolfish grin spread across Raelin's snout, her fangs long and sharp.

Caoimhe swallowed a lump of nervousness. She was sitting inches away from a huge treewolf, and the man was acting as though she were a person! He must be mad! She considered leaving, but as she was about to stand, the wolf seemed to turn into liquid. She gawked at the sight as the wolf's flesh molded and morphed into a young woman, about the same age as her.

Raelin had tanned skin and dark hair, her eyes a bright golden yellow, no matter her form. She was tall and lithe, with slightly pointed ears and a narrow face. She glanced at Caoimhe, still grinning. "Don't worry. I'm not really a wolf. I just prefer that form. Perhaps I should stay like this until you get used to me?"

She didn't look quite like a human or an elf, and Caoimhe was in awe at her ability to change. She couldn't find words, but managed to stutter out "Hello...".

Raelin chuckled and sat down in a chair nearby. "I'll take that as a yes."

"Raelin, this is a visitor to this city. What should we teach her for our first lesson, hm? How about a potion of Cure Light Wounds?" He pulled up a table closer to Caoimhe that contained a vial of water, a mortar & pestle, retort, alembic, and calcinator. "How about fetching the ingredients, Raelin?"

Raelin shrugged, glancing around the room. She had an air of superiority about her, as though she owned the place. "You could teach her a silly little potion like that. Or you could help her forge her own craft. She's not here for simple alchemy. She's a witch, but by the looks of her she's no idea what that means."

Caoimhe scoffed, glaring at the woman. "I'm not some daft child! I just have a few questions. Then I'll be on my way."

Raelin laughed haughtily, fingering the hem of her short brown skirt. She wore a simple peice of brown leather that came mid-thigh, tied closed with leather laces going up one side. She also wore a white tunic that had been cropped, leaving her belly exposed. The top was untied slightly, leaving her slender neck and part of her chest exposed. "You silly girl, you don't even have a familiar. Do you even know what a familiar is?"

Caoimhe huffed. "Yes, I know what it is. My first question was actually about that. How do I find my familiar?"

"That's a good question, actually." He said. "I don't know if I have been introduced, but my name is Dane." He then turned to the shapeshifter. "Raelin...witchcraft is not my area of expertise...perhaps you would be more knowledgeable on the subject?"

Back
Top Bottom