Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Intuition and Insight(Bloodkiss-Cysma)

Dain eventually finished whatever it was that he was making, and the exchange was made between him and Zayle. The latter left the lab, and the former began teaching the fundamentals of alchemy to Caoimhe.

Caoimhe listened closely to the lesson, intent on learning it all. After a while she began to move slower, pausing to yawn every few minutes.

Raelin took pity on the girl, noticing how tired she'd become. "Dain, she's had quite a long day, and it's late. Perhaps we should continue inthe morning."

Caoimhe shoom her head, stubborn as ever. "I'm fine..." A large yawn interrupted her words. "I'm not tired at all..."

"Now now..." Dain said calmly, "You can't learn the basics of Alchemy in this state. Why not get some rest, Caoimhe? It is about dinner time anyways. Your friend should have something prepared for you...and he made enough for you as well, Raelin. He would like to have you as a guest."

Caoimhe nodded slowly, resigning with a sigh.

Raelin cocked an eyebrow in confusion, wondering why he had invited her along. She was no more than a stranger to him. "Will you be joining us?"

Caoimhe looked hopeful at this suggestion, wishing to get to know her two teachers better.

"He said he wanted to know more about the people that are teaching Caoimhe. That is why Zayle invited us, myself included." Dain said. "Shall we going there?"

They would soon reach Zayle's residence, where he had prepared a dinner of fruit, vegetables, and meat. Though elves considered themselves one with nature, Nakazuri especially, not all of them were vegetarians. "So glad you could make it." He said to them with a smile. "Please, be seated and dig in." He motioned over to the table, already set, and guided each of the three visitors to a seat.

Caoimhe nodded her thanks to Zayle and took her seat, followed by Raelin.

Raelin sat down, glancing around the room as she did so. The food smelled good, and his hospitality was comforting. She was exhausted, not nearly as much as Caoimhe, but enough so that she hadn't realized until now how hungry she was.

"So, Raelin, you are Dain's assistant, I understand? What does your work with him entail?" Zayle said a minute after dinner began, trying to strike up a conversation. He waited until her mouth wasn't full of food before he asked the question.

"I help to create potions and other such things for customers." Raelin replied, glancing to Caoimhe. "I'm also helping to teach our newest apprentice not only alchemy, but how to reach out to her inherent powers. She got her first lesson this morning."

Caoimhe held up her bandaged right hand with a grin. "It was a rather odd lesson, and it cost a bit of blood, but I'm alright now."

Zayle looked a bit upset that Caoimhe had gotten hurt by what they had done, but calm soon returned to his face, and he said nothing about it. "Very well." He said, and continued his meal.

Raelin turned to Caoimhe, taking her hand. "Let's see if that's healed up yet."

Caoimhe watched in surprise as Raelin undid the bandages and revealed three thin, smooth scars where the deep, bloody gashes had been only an hour before.

"Those scars...! Are they going to stay there?" Zayle asked, concerned. He also eyed Raelin's food, wondering how much of it she had been eating. He wondered if that potion he ordered from Dain was working...

Raelin smiled at Zayle, patting Caoimhe's palm before releasing it. "She'll be fine. It has healed wonderfully, and the scars will shrink with time."

Caoimhe examined her hand with a bright smile, shocked and pleased that it had healed so quickly.

Raelin glanced at Caoimhe once more before her eyes drifted back to Zayle. She hadn't really paid much attention to him before, but now she noted that he was rather attractive. She didn't find the nakazuri appealing, when compared to her people, but there was something about him that caught her eye.

Caoimhe held her hand up for Dain to see. "Look! It's almost completely gone!" The three scars had thinned, and were now hardly noticable. Just three silver lines across her palm. "That's unbelievable..."

"That's quite impressive; almost as good as my healing potions." Dain said, nodding as he looked to her hand.

Zayle then stood up from the table. "How is the meal? Is there anything I can do while I'm up?" Raelin could now see his bare penis, and the runic marking on it that seemed familiar to her...

Raelin glanced at his member before answering. "It was delicious. I'm quite full, thank you."

Caoimhe shook her head. "I'm full as well. It was quite good, thank you kindly."

Raelin ignored the rune, paying more attention to Zayle's body and her own reaction to it.

"I am glad you enjoyed it. You may stay as long as you like." Zayle said. He picked up the dishes from the table and brought them over to a sink in the nearby kitchen.

"Well, I can begin with your next lesson tomorrow, Caoimhe." Dain said, and turned to leave.

Caoimhe frowned when Dain turned to leave, sad to see him go. "Oh, alright. I'll see you in the morning then..."

Raelin nodded in thanks for the invitation to stay, hoping Dain would stay as well. She felt rather awkward at the idea of being alone with Caoimhe and Zayle. It seemed that they were together, but Raelin couldn't help but be attracted to him. Perhaps having Dain around would ease her discomfort some. She glanced to him, hoping he would notice the question in her gaze.

Caoimhe cocked an eyebrow in confusion, glancing at Raelin. She was mindspeaking, but it didn't seem like she meant to. Caoimhe overheard some very inappropriate thoughts about Zayle, and felt herself blushing. She'd quite enjoyed their night together, but wasn't offended by Raelin's blatant lust. There had been no romance between them, and she supposed it would be unfair to expect him to turn away another woman because of their night spent together. She was hurt by the idea of having given away her maidenhead so easily, but she was green and inexperienced, and he'd had talented hands.

Dain suddenly turned back to the ladies just before he got out of the doorway. "Oh, Raelin! Do you need anything? And Caoimhe...do you have a place to stay for the night?"

Zayle went on cleaning up after dinner, occasionally returning Raelin's gaze with a brief glance. He was interested in what this shapeshifter could do.

Raelin shook her head. "No, I'm fine." He hadn't taken the hint, but it seemed like Caoimhe had overheard her thoughts. She'd forgotten that she could mindspeak now, and had left her mind unguarded. She would have to start protecting her thoughts again like she used to among her people.

Caoimhe glanced between Zayle and Raelin before turning back to Dain. "Well, I stayed here last night, but I don't want to outstay my welcome. Mayhaps I should find somewhere else." She didn't want to offend Zayle, he had been very hospitable, but she didn't think it was a good idea to stay here another night. She didn't want to get involved with Zayle, and she knew if she stayed again she would. Besides, Raelin seemed to have plans for him. "Do you know somewhere I could stay?"

"I have a spare bed at my place." Dain spoke up. "I would be willing to let you have it, Caoimhe." He offered to take her by the hand to his own residence. "And thank you for the meal, Zayle."

Caoimhe nodded her thanks to Dain, then began to gather her few things. She slung her pack over her shoulder and strapped on her sword, stuffing her shift and boots into her pack. "Thank you Zayle, for bringing me here and for being so hospitable." She paused, glancing around to be sure she'd gathered all of her belongings. "I will keep my promise and help you discern that symbol." Turning back to Dain, she smiled brightly. "Alright, I've got all of my things."

"You are very welcome, Caoimhe." Zayle replied, "I look forward to seeing you again." He waved as the two of them left, leaving him alone with Raelin. "As I said before, you may stay as long as you like..." He told the shapeshifter.

Raelin had a hard time keeping herself under control, staring after Caoimhe and Dain as they left. She had caught a glimpse of Caoimhe's thoughts right before they left, and now she felt rather guilty. He'd taken her virginity only last night, and now he was letting her go off with another man as if it meant nothing. "You know, it seems rather cruel to do that to the poor girl. She was too innocent...but then she doesn't seem horribly upset. She probably knew it wouldn't last."

Caoimhe tried not to be upset by the turn of events, but she couldn't help but be a little saddened by Zayle's cool attitude. She sighed, but decided that it would be better to stay with Dain anyway. He was her teacher, and thus would undoubtedly respect her and keep things professional. When she glanced at him, though, she couldn't help but notice that he was attractive; perhaps more so than Zayle, at least in her opinion.

"Caoimhe should be fine in Dain's hands. I trust him." Zayle said, going over to sit down in a chair. "Raelin, you're a shapeshifter...but what is your definitive true form?"

Back
Top Bottom