Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fucking Pub (Panakananana and Boyo111)

"Nothing lost except some pain and blood," Andros sighs. Though as he watches the men being ordered about the Keep knows that getting out is not going to be as simple as getting in. Not wanting to go through the pain of whatever resurrection the goddess has promised he can see no way out now. A hand on his sword he stands and bows his head for a moment, then nods. "Fine, let's try it your way."

Stepping aside and to the door opens it brusquely, not attempting to hide themselves, the men outside already readied turn with weapons already raised. There is a grunt from the giant figure who steps forward, the swirling mists scattering from its movements. Andros raises his hands, palms out, his shield turned so it shows they come unarmed, watching the men crowd about them in the courtyard hears the pull of bow strings above them. The hair on the back of his neck raises as he feels a prickling with the nervousness that runs coldly down his back, Noella advances with him as he puts on a mask of bravado knowing that if it fails they are dead anyway.

"Greetings," he says as if they had simply met in a bar or somewhere, for a moment Andros thinks of the Fucking Pub, as if the thought of the place will be a refuge for him here. "We were unaware that anyone was inhabiting this fortress now, it's been deserted so long I was surprised to find it suddenly so well maintained. To whom do I have the pleasure of addressing?" Stopping out of reach of the large figure Andros feels more than sees the men crowd around, knowing now there is no escape.

The large being stops and looks at you "You two must be crazy for putting your lives on the line like this, why don't you take the advice of your girlfriend there and stop being so fake and conditioned in your knighthood, being polite means nothing now. I am Shu, a demon lord, I am here for the purpose of causing a war, an almost worldwide chaotic war that will eventually lead to a point where most of society will believe in us and pray to us for freedom...in the end mankind will survive, and a certain number of fellow demons who don't deserve punishment will rise to a status almost equal to the angels, you should know all about that, considering your girlfriend over there. You probably don't remember, but we have met in Dracula's castle. There is a certain goddess who does not want this to happen because she will be stripped of power, I believe she is somehow aiding you here" he says gently. He lifts a very large and heavy sledge type hammer, with metal nooks etched decoratively on the front of it, in front of him "so make the choice, go back to your castle with your scroll stamped by me and you will have started the ball rolling for the salvation of demons like Noella, or you could try to stop us as many times as you would like but you'll never prevail."

"Dracula?" Andros uses the word hesitantly, as if it was something he almost remembered, but not quite. "Perhaps, there were a lot of demons that died there. I can't keep track of them all."

As he looked at the hammer Andros felt slightly nervous, wondering how well this Shu could use such a weapon. Considering the size he expected the demon lord to be mighty, though not all of those who used strength were swift, some were, most were not. Cocking an eyebrow, a wasted expression since his helmet was closed, Andros shrugged, "the gods are always interfering. Same with you demons, so its pretty much all the same overall."

Knowing they were dead, surrounded as they were, he only hoped that if they came out of this that he would remember what happened. Otherwise it was all for naught. Swiftly he turned the shield and hefted the mace to his shoulder, "I've faced worse odds and I am still here." Swallowing hard, knowing that what happened next would be painful but he was going to do it anyway, "try your worst."

"Stop!" shouts Noella "If you kill us, Shu, time will return to the point where we are hiding in the brush outside of this fortress, also, you will have no memory of what's happened. You may believe what you said to be true, but there is no way to redeem the spirit of a demon...I have tried" she looks to Andros, hanging her head low. If only she could see Andros' face, perhaps her demonic powers are not lost, or maybe she's bluffing, at this point it matters little.

Shu smiles after hearing the words as if he understands something that no one else does. He points with his great hammer, extending an arm "there is a courtyard within these walls, that will be our venue". The men form two rows, leaving a path to the courtyard.

Andros stands on one end of the courtyard and Shu on the other. "Are you sure that you can't be persuaded to help us" Shu says as he spins his hammer.

Andros looks over at the demon, the sneer in the helmet is not visible. "Are you sure you won't aid us?" Andros hears the gutteral laugh from Shu and the assembled soldiers. Staring over rolls his eyes, "I suspect it would be an impasse."

Shu shoulders the hammer and looks over at Andros as if determining how to attack. Andros looks down at the demon, knowing size matters little for those made of magic and ether, pausing as another figure breaks through the crowd. The soldiers moving aside in respect as the woman warrior looks over at Andros, her head slightly cocked in amusement as she heaves a large broadsword over her shoulder. Easily as large and wide as Andros her long, thick black hair held back by a silver circlet, her body covered with a skirt of chain mail leaving her arms and legs exposed. Her calves were covered with thick greaves that were well scored by blades, the forearms covered with many circlets of silver and steel.

"Another one?" She muttered in a thickly accented voice, the words directed to Shu but her eyes never left Andros.

"Yes Bodicea," Shu answers her in a bored voice, "if he survives you can challenge him later." Bodicea looks Andros up and down and shrugs, then leans the sword on the ground holding onto the hilt.

"Too bad, but I doubt I will get the chance," she relaxes and her brawny arms relax as she looks back at Shu.

Shu weaves himself into Andro's guard, much more quickly than expected for his size, the bulky demon doesn't even bother to guard against Andros' blade once he is within Andros' guard, the blade could not pierce his thick, well made, armor from there. Andros learns this quickly as he realizes that he would need more force behind his thrust to potentially harm this foe, an unfortunate even but not impossible. if Andros was to die, he would return, but if Shu dies, that's that.

Holding his large hammer in one hand and using the other arm to fend off Andros' blade, he uses his arm to deliver a forceful push, resulting in Andros meeting the ground with a heavy thud. As Shu realizes that he is pitted against nothing more than a human, he moves his hammer to it's holster on his back, not considering that he would need it.

Noella remains calm knowing that Andros is far from finished, she looks around determining the best way to go about killing everyone if needed.

Andros sheathes the blade and pulls out the mace, his weapon of choice anyway, testing the demon and finding him as suspected Andros knows he doesn't have very many chances against the demon lord. As Shu advances to grapple Andros tightens his hold on the shield and the mace, holding it low, the spikes on the surface glittering in the torch light around them. Bodicea raises an eye brow as Andros comes in shield high before him, the mace low.

Shu grabs the shield, one hand able to cover its size, the claws on the ends of the massive fingers curve around the shield and hold Andros still, the other hand coming to grab. "Ha!" Shu cries triumphantly.

"Ha!" Andros retorts, the mace sinking its small spikes into the pad of Shu's hand than with a swift jerk Andros brings it down onto the hairy foot.

Shu pulls back the band and then steps back with the foot, the shield yanked back slightly as Andros pulls it back. Only with the greatest of leverage is he able to release the shield from Shu's grasp. Swinging the mace around by its strap, Andros catches the shaft and swings before him, the tip reaching out and forcing Shu to step back. Andros smiles under the helmet glad to at least be able to give the Demon pause before attacking again.

Andros is holding his own, but even still Noella watches in horror as it goes on, she knows they would come back but she still
doesn't want to see Andros killed. Noella loses it after seeing the last few swipes of Andros' mace/flail, that could have gone horribly wrong if Shu had made a slightly different move, Noella charges in with the double headed spear. The men surrounding the courtyard do not take action against Moella, niether Shu or the guards see the duo of knights as a threat. Noella stick her spear into the ground and uses it to pole vault upwards, grasping the spear and morphing it into a short axe with a large half cresent blade, dropping onto Shu's back from 5 feet above him, the blade crashes and sinks a few inches into the thick armor, cracking it a bit but not penetrating deep enought to draw blood. Shu nimbly reaches back with one hand and prys her from his back, he holds her up by her face outside of reach as she squirms and thrashes about, the axe still stuck in his back. Andros rushes in to free her using his mace, but the mace is knocked by Shu's free arm and Andros is hoisted up in the same fashion as Noella. Andros still has the mace in hand but can't really do much, he can't see either. Shu bashes their heads together and throws them headfirst to the ground a few yards away.

Noella rises slowly, having been knocked out for a few seconds and just coming out of it, Andros is very dazed. "What happened to your foot, Shu, is something you deserve. Now stop playing, our goal is too important to risk on a game like this, look at your foot, look at your back, end this quickly now or I will end you" says Bodicea.

Andros leans up as he feels his head ache, the world around lurched from side to side. As if he had suddenly been to the Fucking Pub and had one of their signature drinks. Next to him he heard Noella, but somehow the helmet was turned on his head and he could not see out of the left side where Noella was. He heard a muffled voice that sounded gruff and commanding, the warrior woman, he thought. Boddiea he thought, his head hurt and thinking was hard. Right now though he was not sure what was worse, the feeling of the world spinning at his feet or the smell of the demon lord that had seeped into him from his hands.

There was a loud roar and then something heavy landed on him. The armor took the brunt of it, and his breath came short, while he lay back on the ground. Unable to move and rise, the world seemed bright as something hit his chest again. It was like a sun rise, the bright flashes in his eyes as his breath came short, a metallic taste in his mouth. Had he been carrying a dagger in there? Andros didn't think so, the crushing blow on his chest brought his attention again, this time his arms flailed about. There was a loud roar and then something that at first brought a bright flash of light, then darkness.

Floating, in a dark sea. Andros felt nothing. Sensed nothing. It was as if he was just floating in a world that consisted only of himself. Then there was a growing roar as the darkness split, light with colors that were unimaginable to him before, and probably did not have names, swirled around him. A wind caressed him and pushed him on, as if he was a boat and his body was a sail and it moved him, somewhere, somehow. Going faster and faster, that sensation of speed without feeling it. As if all that happened was only in his mind and his body knew nothing about what he thought, as if in a dream.

Suddenly the roaring and colors stopped. There was a chirping above him, it took a moment before he realized he could open his eyes. When he did the afternoon sunlight made him wince. Raising himself on an arm felt a great deal of pain on every part of his body, with a loud grunt he raised himself up and looked at the hiding space they had been in. "I hope that gets easier," he said to no one in particular.

Noella is a few feet from Andros, already removing her gear, knowing that they will be alone for some time. Lastly, she removes her boots from a sitting down position and laughs softly just as Andros looks at her. With the both of them knowing just what's happened, Noella doesn't feel the need to explain anything, she folds up the silk bodysuit that she wears under her armor and lays down with her arms behind her head.

This time around, the flow of time has been interrupted, Andros can faintly hear someone walking around among the trees behind them. Noella has already entered the state just before sleep and she remains oblivious. "If my death had truly caused time to reverse, then there is only one person whom it could be" Andros thinks to himself, to be sure, he doesn't turn around or make any noise to give his location away. Andros hears the footsteps getting closer yet carelessly breaking leaves and not even trying to be sneaky. Andros steps out of the thicket of trees that conceal himself and Noella, with his mace raised. Andros runs into Saint Germain and lowers his weapon. "AH!..." Germain become startled, somthing that Andros had never seen "fancy meeting you here...but how did you get here? I am a traverser of time as I have told you before, would you care to explain how you exist in this timeline?" Germain looks around and, in a violet allumination, steps through reality and appears behind Andros, gazing upon Noella's naked body as she lies there.

"You'd have to ask the goddess," Andros lays the mace down next to the shield. He could have sworn that Shu left some marks on his shield or armor during the fight, there was nothing on his equipment. Not even the stench he thought had penetrated the armor. "I don't really understand it myself, it was as if right on the moment of death we were brought back here. To go back in there," gesturing towards the walls of the keep just barely viewable through the trees.

Germain looks and nods as they stand in the hidden circle. "Does it always hurt so much when you come back?" Andros asks as he kneels and checks his shield for marks, then the mace. "I mean, we were pretty much losing to a demon lord, so I expected something, but its all so vivid. The fight, the strength of the thing, and then the drifting in some light. All too weird."

Andros pulls the wine skin from the pack, noting that it is full again. Happy that at least they won't starve or be without some liquid courage before they try again takes a mouthful and offers it to Germain.

Saint Germain gawks at Noella, who is now awake but doesn't bother moving or covering herself "I couldn't compare the feeling, I have done it so many times that I don't think that I feel it anymore but it seems that is not your main concern" says Germain directing his attention toward Andros. Germain kneels beside Noella and removes his red blazer, draping it around Noella and revealing his white, dressy, tunic underneath circa 19th century London, another alien garment to Andros and Noella "good to see you again, Noella. All of that demonic energy has seemingly left you. And as for your concern, Andros, and do brace yourself for what I am about to say...no one knows the flow of time quite like me. Whatever is going to transpire, as far as this war that the goddess spoke of, will happen regardless of the destiny that two people choose, you can die 1,000 times in the name of the goddess, but in the end it will make no difference. You can accept my words as truth or bullshit, I just thought you should know" Germain walks off, lingering at a nearby plant and taking in the aroma.

Andros smirks at Saint Germain's propriety, as the coat is draped over Noella. Not sure how complete her embarassment might be outside of her demonic form Andros is too polite to say anything. Casting a desiring eye over her as she relaxes, Andros walks over to the same plant that Saint Germain stands at and wonders what the man sees in it. To Andros its a plant, something that grows in the woods, unless it is medicinal, or food, he has little interest.

"So if our deaths matter little in this, why do the gods bother?" He asks. "I know its hard to penetrate their reasons, and I have heard of those sent on missions that seem to serve little purpose, whether its faith or not I don't know. The fact that we come back here after we," hesitating a moment declines to say it. They did not die, otherwise they would not be here. Though they could have been resurrected, the ways of the Gods were beyond mortals at times. "The fact that we return here after we fail in the Keep, it doesn't make sense. I have faith the Gods are doing something, I just don't know what."

Sighing he turns around, his eyes glimpsing the walls of the Keep across the fields. "I don't see what way we might go in, if you plumb these things, do you have a suggestion?"

Just as Saint Germain turns from the plant to answer Andros, Noella flashes a smile to Germain from her now sitting up position, obviously not at all embarrassed like a typical woman would be. Germain's attention is distracted towards Noella as she begins to slip on her gloves. Germain projects "Noella, there's no need to wear your armor on my account. I know that it is uncomfortable for you to be dressed, keep the coat, it's called a blazer". Noella gets happy and strolls over next to Andros, sporting only her new jacket, the saint's chivalry has attracted her attention.

"Like I was about to say, there are times when certain demonic forces speak or appear to people, merely for the sake of chaos, under the guise of a divine being. I have seen this before and it is a very difficult illusion to distinguish" Germain tips his hat "It is up to the two of you to accept or reject my words, you have both been exposed to many demonic forces...as have I...see you soon" he vanishes in a flash of light similar to the way that the goddess had vanished.

Noella stands to the side with the blazer draped over her, Andros could swear she is purposefully standing in an extra provoking position. "We'll wait for dark again, and end it all by killing Shu and Bodicea, a head on strike will not work, sneak attack.

Seeing a bit of the old Noella in the way she stood there staring at him. The coat draped over her body in such a way as to reveal just enough, it brought the memories back of their first meeting. That night in the inn, then the demons and Dracula and how his life had since then become one long adventure. As he chuckled thinking about how uneventful, boring life had been before. All those years of dreaming of being a knight. One of the chosen. One of those who sought out adventures, and here it had come to him unknowingly. The gods sometimes granted your wish, at times to your own folly.

"Sneak attack?" He asked as he walked up to her, slipping an arm around her waist. Feeling the soft body under his arm. Wanting to take her then and there. Guards be damned, though he wondered if they would come back if the patrols had found them copulating in the woods and killed them, would the Gods grant them a reprieve?

"If you have an idea, then illuminate me," he asked, pulling her down with him to the ground. Letting his hands begin to reach around her body, finding a breast to hold while he kissed her neck. Knowing they had some time before the sun set, didn't want this time to go to waste. In some ways as well, he wanted the passion, to know they truly were alive.

"We have some time before the sun sets," he teased her as Andros let himself explore this new form of Noella's. His hand exploring the soft flesh and curves hidden under the coat. "Let's enjoy ourselves a little before we go back in to the jaws of death."

Noella tries snuggling against you as she is fondled, but she is unable to find a position that wouldn't cause her discomfort or pain, Andros' armor. Noella, no longer being a succubus, feels that she deserves a bit more respect and love from Andros, even still she smiles letting Andros do what he wants. "You know, Andros, I feel that Saint Germain wants something from us, but he gives so little information that it is hard to tell, anyway, about Shu, I think that we should enter the same way as last time only instead of dropping down the walls of the fortress, I will remain on the top over the spot where Shu would be. Once I fall, driving the spear through Shu, that should be the end of it. I'm sorry if I am wrong".

She rolls over with you and straddles you on the ground, leaving a majority of her breasts exposed through her open blazer. Her arms lift up and run through her hair "you'll have to take the armor off, I am no longer an indestructible demon, what's more is that I can actually feel pleasure now, unlike before.

Unstrapping the armor as he lay on his back, admiring Noella's body above him. The way her breasts peeked out from under the blazer, it was somehow more sensual than if she was naked. Dropping the shoulder guards, breast plate and the armor from his arms was dressed only in the silk undershirts, better cloth to have since it didn't rip and get into wounds like wool. Thinking about her strategy thought it sound, a sneak attack from above while he fought Shu on the ground, keeping him distracted.

"You'll need to watch for the guards on the walls," removing the skirt and greaves had only the leather trousers on his legs between him and Noella. The pressure of her on his waist was arousing, "and for Bodicea. We don't know too much about her, but she seems very capable." Running his hands up the side of her body liked the destructible human she had become.

"I agree about Germain, he always teases with what he knows. Hinting, like the gods, before telling you anything useful." Feeling her arousal under his hands smiled as he leaned up and began to kiss her chest, enjoying the soft feeling of her breasts under his lips. As a succubus she had a certain flavor to her, now it was like any other woman, and that was fine. "We'll try your idea and see what happens," kissing up her chest to her neck and to her lips as he finished speaking, "what's the worst that can happen, we die?"

Noella inserts you and begins fucking you slowly, this would be her first time feeling such a pleasure and she isn't really able to respond. She is able to get in 2 slow strides before something is heard in the trees, she keeps going, moaning quietly while she does, while Andros scans the area. Porthos reveals himself from beside a tree and charges forth to plunge his blade into Andros' throat, Porthos' eyes glow red and he exudes only hatred. Andros quickly grasps the mace, only a few feet from his head, and is able to veer the direction of the thrust with it. In that moment, Noella leans back for her spear and stabs into Porthos' throat with the spear's double bladed head, to add insult to injury she yanks out the spear and pushes the corpse onto the ground by the face. At no point did she stop the slow, rhythmic, sex motions and she keeps going despite Portho's blood being on her. Andros has a flashback and sees Noella with her blood covered, fully demonic face that she sported in Dracula's castle, for a split second. Porthos' body vanishes in a flash of violet hued light.

Andros watches as Noella takes the opening from his deflection, the false Porthos fades from view as Noella continues to move her hips. Not losing a motion in the battle she brings him closer and closer, her own body warming to his as the blood and earth mix with the smell of lust that hung heavy like the mist between them. Noella puts her hands down on Andros' chest, her nails digging into his flesh as Andros moans long and low.

As they finish and fall together, Noella lays on Andros' chest. Her body still taking his within until she moans and with a self-satisfied smile slides up and off, laying down next to Andros on the ground. Enjoying the feel of her next to him Andros lets a hand wipe the sweat stained hair off her forehead, wiping a spot of blood from her cheek watches it fade to smoke on his fingertip. Raising himself up looks at the spot where the fake Porthos fell.

"Will we still be safe here?" Thinking back to how Saint Germain and now this undead Porthos found their encampment, it was not something he wanted to go through again if they came back. "Maybe later we should scout something else, just in case."

The sun was setting, soon the mist would rise and they could try the Keep again. Reaching down for his armor gave Noella a quick kiss on the cheek, "come, let's get ready and try again."

Noella puts her suit of armor on and positions her spear into a holster on her back. "The only person who can manipulate time is Germain, not even Dracula can do that. The only possibility would be...If we ever see him again, let's ask him" she looks at the blazer that Saint Germain had left for her and views it as unsafe to carry with her, she doesn't want to just leave it there but...she folds it up neatly and leaves it at the base of the nearest tree. Andros puts on his gear as well and the two of them prepare for what may be their final task by splitting what's left of the wine.

As before they travel to the fortress, using the mist as a cover and noting that the moon is especially large and full tonight. Nearing the walls of the keep, Noella shifts her spear into the grappling hook that they would need, with a smile on her face, thinking that If she was to live out the rest of eternity fulfilling her dream of being a knight there with Andros, having been given a second chance that demons just do not get, she would have no complaints. She shimmy's up the alloy wire and holds her position ducking beside a piece of the fortress.

Andros watches Noella climb up to the battlement, admiring the way her ass moved as she climbed. Still thinking about their time in the woods just before sunset, then with a breath puts those thoughts aside and climbs up after her. Hiding in the shadows of the crenellations, the blocks of stone provide protection for the defenders of the keep, but also provide shadow on the battlements for them to hide. Especially in the mist.

"We should head towards the guard tower," he whispers to her. The air thick with the mist seems to muffle every sound, some of their noises echoing in the thick air about them as they moved between the guards.

The tower had a set of stairs that went down, bathed in shadow from the fire that burned by the door of the tower. The fire pulled closer to the guards on the wall to ease the chill of the air, leaving the stairs in shadow for them to take if they wished to go down towards the courtyard where Andros knew they might meet Shu and Bodicea. Looking at Noella pantomines the choice they have, take the stairs down or take out the guards and enter the tower. Giving Noella a chance to bring them along since his choices on their last entry did not do well.

Noella gestures with hand motions that she would need to remain at the highest point that she is able in order to take out Shu, Andros would be the one to take the stairs and engage Shu. Andros travels downwards, alerting some of the guards who immediately take action. There are three of them, one thrusts his blade to pierce Andros' gut, the second simultaneously attempts to cut Andros' throat, while the third remains on standby, ready to seize any opening that he could during the struggle, the same formation that they had practiced so many time for the occasion of a small number of invaders. Andros makes a speedy and perfect sidestep of the first sword while at the same time shoving his mace upwards to hammer away the attempt at his throat, but now left open for the third guard, Andros takes a sword in the armpit as his mace is raised. Andros elbows the guard using his other arm and knocks out the guard before the blade could sink deep enough to become a mortal wound. The other two guards immediately fire back with their blades, both trying to take advantage of his weakened arm and going for that side, the swords are both caught by the mace, Andros' might is enough to hold them both. As Andros uses all of his might to fend off both blades, he feels a familiar pulse that runs through his body, armor, and mace. Other guards have heard the ruckus, and could be heard marching toward him. With an incredible surge of strength, felt as a blessing from the one who had brought them here, he instinctually jerks his body and swings his mace out to the side, knocking back the two guards and bringing down all of the other guards near the courtyard, though Andros could not be sure if they are dead or not.

Andros waited in the courtyard for Shu to enter, the men marching in and around the courtyard, only a couple on the wall above, though it was hard to tell as the mist was still thick about them. The braziers gave a glow around them as Shu stomped into the courtyard, the same greeting as before came from the demon. Andros remembered how it was before, Shu was hard to hit and it was like hitting a wall, not like the demons he had fought before. Somehow the memory of claws on him before made him hesitate as the guards surrounded them.

Bodicia came with the others, there was something about her that concerned Andros. She hung back though, staying with the men and watched like before. She was as large as Andros, if not for the breasts, thinner waist, and long hair she could have almost passed as a warrior like him. He'd never seen a woman like her before, she was impressive and he had an idea that while Shu was the one he had to fight now she was not to be avoided.

Holding the mace in hand there was something in the armor and shield that reacted to Shu, as the demon raised a hammer and slammed it to the ground. Andros stepped up as Shu stepped towards him weaponless, though the claws on the hands were dangerous Shu didn't need a weapon, especially one that looked so unwieldy. Ignoring the men about him hoped that Noella was ready and could see through the mist that still hung in the courtyard.

"Let's make this good," raising his shield and holding the mace easily he stepped up and as Shu reached out Andros slipped down and used his momentum to slide under Shu's claws. Striking the knee he had hit before and coming up behind, stepping back out of range as the demon roared.

Noella tries to pinpoint the time for her to jump from the upper level of the fortress. It will be a hard jump to make knowing that if Shu moves only slightly then she would be falling to a painful doom, and all that they had done so far would yet again be a waste. Noella sees Andros' slide under Shu, from what she could from the mist muffled view that she had, leaving Shu in the perfect position as he reaches down with his claws, Noella gracefully leaps off of the archer post where she was hiding grasping onto the spear with it's double bladed head pointing straight down, still in doubt that she would survive the fall. Andros sees her coming and immediately tossed down his weapon and shield as a distraction to Shu and charges him. Noella lands the spear into and through his helmet, skull, through to his heart down his neck, Shu falls but Noella loses grip, upon impact and twists to the far side, landing hard and not waking up. Seeing Bodicia enter the courtyard from where she was watching, Andros picks up his mace, no longer able to carry his without extreme pain.

Bodicea shouts "Nice try but Shu doesn't control these men, I do" She walks to Andros slowly as he tries not to be obvious about his wound. Noella wakes up, feeling very shaken up but by some miracle still alive.

"How does a woman from the Northern Plains control a demon?" Andros asks to distract Bodicea. Stepping over to his shield and girding it against the pain while stepping between Bodicea and Noella.

Bodicea just smiles, cocking her head to the side. Hefting her sword she takes hold if the hilt in one hand, the sheath in the other and in a well practiced move she pulls them apart, the sheath coming away to be dropped behind and picked up by a man retainer. The blade was wide and thick, grooved in the center of the blade, its girth pounded flat to allow it to be used as a slashing blade but still maintain weight. The grooves Andros knew were to channel blood away from the blade and body, too many times he had seen a blade get stuck within a living man with the strength of a thrust. Grooves were supposed to help, he'd seen it aid only slightly.

"Not a talker," he suggested and shrugged. A gesture that was barely perceptible under the armor. Holding shield and mace before him waited for Bodicea to charge. Most of the Northerners he had fought charged, they were battle crazed most of the time, and could not resist a headlong charge into a mass of soldiers. It would be a worthless gesture if their skill with a blade, even one as large as the one he faced, was not up to the task. Too many times he'd seen such a strategy work and take the mettle out of a mass of men.

Holding the blade up Bodicea moved forward faster than he would have thought, a blood curdling shout echoed in the mist as the blade was raised above her head and came down hard. The shield clanged, his arm took the brunt of the blow and it ran across his body. To the wound he took before and he groaned slightly as he swung the mace out, realizing as he did that he was not close enough.

"First you, then your woman," Bodicea growled as she pushed against the shield with the strength of a bear.

Back
Top Bottom