Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fucking Pub (Panakananana and Boyo111)

Noella slowly rises to her feet, showing no signs of her being a threat or not other than the removal of her top for some unknown reason, leaving her completely naked except for her armored thong. Andros knows that it is Noella's preference to be topless, but considering the situation is unsure if she is herself or not.

Saint Germain wrenches himself free from the wall with an eager grunt. "Noella, welcome back. You are looking beautiful like always, your shape, your blue skin. I've never seen you in this form" he grabs her hand and kisses it. Noella responds by morphing her mouth into an ear to ear, chessy smile, showing of her numerous, large, sharp teeth. "Noella?" says Saint Germain as he backs up slowly. The sight of this form is something that Andros feels he may never be able to forget. Noella grabs onto Germain and bites into his neck with her large mouth, lots of blood falls with his body, leaving Noella looking even more frightening. "Noella, don't" shouts Andros. She replies "I am myself Andros, I did it for you".

Dracula holds out a hand and wills the shapeshifting spear into his hand, the spear then transforms into a sword, one with a red blade that curves in and out slightly to the tip. Dracula turns to Germain, who lies on the floor, bleeding to death "I have been found out, praise the saint. But I am able to control dark creature, the use of such magic that you use leaves your soul open to the darkness, I have won" Dracula says as he points to Saint Germain. Germain gargles and struggles to speaks as fast as he can, as loud as able "I've seen us all die here, but fate is always subject to change..." just then he rises to his feet with his rapier in hand, eyes glowing red, Dracula controls him now. Saint Germain mumbles "time reverse" and his wounds disappear.

Richard takes a shot at Germain from afar but Germain vanishes into a ripple in time and reappears with a slice to Richard's back, vanishing once more in the same manner. Andros runs after Dracula with his blade drawn, as his sword is parried by Dracula's, Andros notices that he is not nearly as strong as he has made himself out to be.

"Square!" Richard shouts with the easy air of command. Erin rushes in, drawing his swords that looked to piece themselves together like some sort of puzzle. Lord Derfel reacts with the others, understanding with the long experience of battle what Richard means.

Saint Germain darts about before them, appearing and disappearing as the three hold tight together, the youth and speed of Erin barely keeping back the rapier. Derfel wields Hywelbane effortlessly before him, the shield aiding in protection against the darting form that blinks in and out before them. Derfel has long given up trying to understand what is happening overall, he knows there is a fight and that Dracula is the enemy, that is enough. Richard holds the sword before him, the cuts to his body burn as the blood congeals, too used to such cuts and injuries it makes him hestiate only slightly.

Andros presses against Dracula, finding the Dark Lord before him. His immediate goal obtained, Andros uses his skill to match Dracula's, which even Andros finds wanting. Only the strength he has evens out the sword play. The larger blade beats against the vampire's curved blade, sparks flying where the two blades meet. Moving forward, intent on his goal Andros hears the others guard themselves against Saint Germain, under the Dark Lord's influence, pushing the battle hoping to break Dracula's focus.

"Finally you face me," Andros' tone mocking, "I expected you to hide and run like before. Or have you finally been cornered and this is your last desperation?"

Pushing their blades together Andros thrusts, the blades block each other but with each thrust he moves Dracula back. The vampire retreats and moves, Andros uses the point of his blade or what looks to be a wild swing to move the vampire back and around so he can see the vampire and the others. Used to having to be on the battle field his honed reflexes and awareness protect him, and allow Andros to watch the others and his enemy. Striking blade on blade the clash of the metal rings along with the slight sharp sounds of Saint Germain's rapier meeting the guard of the others.

"I haven't been backed into a corner, you were on your way out when I lured you back in. I am immortal and it's not often that I get the chance to have any fun, all this is is a failed attempt at using Noella to manipulate you further than I already have. You've yet to witness my true wrath" says Dracula and his curvy blade glows a reddish color. Dracula holds his blade up high while simultaneusly lunging toward Andros without taking any steps but just gliding inches above the floor. Upon contact with Andros' blade, an extreme strength that he did not have a moment ago presses against Andros' sword with his own red blade, the contact makes sparks fly from the blades and the great Andros is pushed back several steps as the red blade slides off of Andros'. After stumbling back a ways, Andros gains his footing again but only to see Dracula charging toward him again in the same manner as before, leaving Andros no time but for a quick witted attempt to guard himself again. With the rest of the group, except for Noella, who is without a weapon, defending against Saint Germain.

Noella can't stand to see her Andros under such heavy attack by Dracula, so she makes an attempt to aid Andros, making use of her demonic curse. Noella charges after Dracula from behind with her bloody and large teeth and her wide mouth with a permanent smile, topless and with no weapon in hand she clings onto Dracula just after he strikes Andros' sword again. She bites savagely into Dracula, leaving heaps of black blood on the floor as Dracula struggles. Andros uses this vantage to slash Dracula diagonally and deeply in his front as Noella rips at his neck from behind. From the other side of the room, Richard is able to get a clear shot, amidst Saint Germain's onslaught, Richard puts his sharpshooting skills to the test and barely misses Noella as he fires directly through Dracula's heart. Noella falls off of Dracula as he wrenches his body and holds both hands tightly over his heart, from there his body disperses into a multitude of bats, whom all flutter away deeper into the castle. "I fear that was pointless, but thank you" yells Andros.

"Come!" Andros calls as he joins the group, protecting from Saint Germain who continues his onslaught at the three, now four, who stand back to back to back. When the sword appears before him Andros puts up his guard, knowing how the man fights he does little more than hold the sword up, Derfel joining from the side as the two cross blades with the thin rapier.

As it appears and slices the air, reaching under the guards of both flat blades, to reach towards either of the two. The point moving as if on its own mind, or path to touch one of them, Andros reached over quickly and touching the back of Saint Germain's hand there is a flash. Something shrill fills the air as Saint Germain stills then falls at their feet, Andros grabbing the arm while Derfel reached under the shoulder to support the man. Whatever Dracula had possessed his friend with flees within the shadows of the room, its cry shattering the air in its disappointment.

"Useful skill," Derfels sheaths Hywelbane and looks admiringly on Andros.

"Yes," he answers more confident than he feels. Unsure where these powers are coming from, but from some point within him that feels still and calm, as if in prayer, or in some sort of meditative trance he feels that calmness reach out around them. "I believe the Gods are with us on this."

"Gods?" Richard asks with uncertainty as he works the rifle, biting something that he places inside and in a few practiced motions has it ready again with the mechanism reset. Shaking his head, "well, they aren't here for me."

"I think they are with friend Andros," Derfel says with some admiration. Richard grunts with admiration, "perhaps now we should leave?" Derfel lifts up the limp body of Saint Germain as Andros takes the other side as the way outside is now clear.

Noella walks over to where Dracula's weapon had fallen, she picks it up and hands it to Andros. Noella's form is now that of a human again "I am free of my curse" Noella looks at everyone apologetically "Though it would seem that our original goal in coming here was not accomplished. We will have to return here, more prepared, but I would like to keep my word and join the knighthood with you, Andros, I know that my being female would pose a problem but I'm sure that you could do something".
Saint Germain comes to and floats by Andros, too tired to walk "Your paths of fate have all changed, I see an end coming to Dracula. What happened back there Andros, what were those two things you did, I was awake the entire time but with no control over my body".

"I don't know," Andros looks at his hands as they step away from the castle. The undead moving aside as they walked, as if Andros was blessed in some manner that pushed them away, "it as if I was touched by the Gods somehow."

Richard laughed, "God? Gods? This is the only god I need, right here." Patting the rifle that was over his shoulder as they marched over the wretched earth. The smell of decay hung over the field, somehow Andros felt more sensitive to it.

Saint Germain looks pensive a moment then looks away, as if to say something that he changes his mind on. Andros feels something course through him, like a fire that flowed inside him. As if he was awake for the first time he looked around and saw the lands nearby, innured with the touch of Dracula's power, the dead and the land was not quiet. As they walked Derfel bade them goodbye and turned towards a shelter of rock, as if answering a silent call. Andros thought to himself how close they came to being defeated and destroyed in the castle, his thoughts consuming him as Richard and Erin walked away to disappear.

Saint Germain had likewise faded, though it took some time for Andros to realize that it was only he and Noella.

A smile on his face as they walked back towards the castle, "I don't think its being a woman that would necessarily cause an issue with the Council. There have been women Knights in the past, but nightspawn," he used the general word for all creatures of the dark, but not maliciously. "Well, you'd be the first nightspawn to be one. These days even that might not raise an eye brow."

"That's the thing, I am no longer a N*I*G*H*T*S*P*A*W*N*" she says it and draws out the words as if to show how happy she is to be free from her demon bondage "here smell" she exclaims excitedly and holds Andros' face in a position where his nose is lightly pressing against her chest. Noella's arm rubs across her bare breast as she speaks and she notices that she is wearing no top "if I am going to exist in human society, it would probably be polite of me to fully dress myself, most especially to the council" let's stop by the pub first, get me some armor, and go see the council after the sun rises as proof that I am human".

At the pub before sunrise, no one is there but the owner, a woman who seems to take a liking to the topless customer, not so much for the way she was dressed but Noella earned respect just by being around Andros. For the pub owner, her attraction was based partially on Noella's body. To make the awkward situation even better, Noella starts getting drunk. Ingesting alcohol, as a demon, has little to no affect, the mug that Noella had been slurping down is her first as a human. She'll need to get sobered up before seeing the council.

Andros can't help but appreciate Noella sitting next to him topless, an arm around her as they sat drinking together early in the morning. Watching her get drunk was a novelty, although she had pretended as much when they first met he understood now why she recovered so quickly afterwards. Pulling his cloak around her to give her some cover knew they had to wait for the armor to open before they could equip her. As his eyes appraised her curves he knew how he would want to equip her. Grinning in desire as he drank his tankard.

The owner kept their ale full, her eyes going over Noella's body each time she came by. "She's mine," Andros joked as the owner looked down at them.

She put a jaunt in her hip as she held the pitcher, "well you have come in with her enough Andros. She looks different this time though."

"Drunk you mean?" He laughed a little, feeling his ale.

A smile and eye roll as the matron bent forward, the low neck of her dress pulling away to reveal her bounty within. She eyed Noella as her head moved from one side to the other, "no, something else." Pulling away she turned in a swirl of skirts, a hand waving in the air, "it'll come to me. Finish up and get going, the Council opens soon enough."

Toasting the last dregs of ale in their cups they finished in a race, Noella burping with a cuteness that only she could display. As they stood she leaned into him heavily. Andros wished that he wasn't wearing the heavy blue armor now, so he could feel her next to him, but with a hand on her hip, and slipping to her ass while she wrapped herself in his cloak, he did not mind. The clang of the anvil and hammer told him the armorer was opening, they moved down the wakening streets of the town to see what they could find for Noella. He hoped it was something revealing, even if it would not afford her much protection, so long as he could enjoy her.

If Noella could still read Andros' mind, who knows what would happen. Still very early, and somewhat cold, they head to the armory. The sensation of cold is something new to the former demon, she crosses her arms over her breasts and doesn't complain. Once inside the armory, it doesn't take long for her to decide on what she wants. Noella's choice in armor, though a bit disappointing, is far more conservative and practical than Andros would think, according to what he's seen so far. Noella points to a slightly decorative, full suit of armor, the only open spots on this very protective suit are the thigh areas and the lower stomach area, to allow a freedom of movement. The armor is double hinged with an overlapping piece over the most vulnerable areas, like the shoulders, it is not as heavy as it looks, with a full helmet that covers the entire face and head and leaves only a small slit to see out of. The armor is of course blue. "We want that one" being so used to providing sexual favors as payment, Noella hopes that Andros has some money.

Andros looks at the armor, then at Noella, still wrapped in his cloak. Smiling, "good choice," he offers. Slightly disappointed and not being able to see more of her svelte figure, but understanding that no longer a demon she needs more protection.

As he looks at the armor and his own has to laugh slightly, "well I guess if we are a team we should look alike." Not sure how the Council will accept Noella, although if he takes her own as a squire she can be under his tutelage and protection. Knowing Noella doesn't need either, much, from him it would at least allow her to save face and she can serve him, and the Council, without too much of a complaint. Remembering how the Council was when he last was there Andros doesn't think there would be much anyway, but as Porthos used to tell him, protect yourself with the rules even if you don't need them.

"Come," he gestures as well to the weapons on the wall. Mostly swords, daggers and maces of few styles, "let's get you dressed and armed and we probably have time before we meet the Council." Wondering if anyone would even be at the hall, as he urged Noella. "At the least we can get something to eat at the market, much as I love the pub sometimes nothing hits the stomach like a good, warm pie."

After the armor is paid for, you help to get it on her. Even though she is no longer a demon she can still grasp your desires, before you begin to help her get the suit on, Noella gently and lovingly places her hands on yours and removes your gloves. Noella could no longer read your mind, the great Andros is just that obvious. Under all of the armor Noella would be wearing a full body silk suit to avoid her skin chaffing, she was warned by the salesman, and without hesitation she removes what little she already has on to change. Noella grabs onto your hand and guides it to needlessly feel her sides before she puts on the armor, lovingly and playfully but still in a manner that exclaims 'we need to hurry'. "Have some pie, it will be good for you, both physically and mentally, after what we've been through. However, I will have some water a few small pieces of dried meat, I will have nothing holding me back, I assume there will be some sort of test". As she finishes speaking, she gets her grieves on and exclaims from her full helmet "as for a weapon, I will be using that shape shifting spear that I handed you" she holds out her hand to retrieve it from you. Once she does, she uses her free hand to cup her breastplate and laughs. "Andros, look" she says with a grin as she demonstrates that they are no longer soft. She finishes up her laughter and twirls her spear, pointing the heads toward the door, and runs outside.

Andros laughs, as much as he enjoyed the feel of her body he knows they only have so much time now, "test? Well that all depends on who is there for the Council and whether they are sober or not. Lately, the challenges have not been, how should one say it. Challenging?"

His disappointment in the Council obvious in his voice, the once illustrious Council, the protector of the East was little more than a collection of old, drunken men who have forgotten the glory they once stood for. Now they seemed to live more in the former tales and glory of knights who no longer were members of the ranks, either through losses to the Darkspawn, or travel to distant lands, the ranks had thinned until there were pretenders and the few faithful like Andros. Porthos was a good teacher, but even as a part of the Council his standing and influence was unable to change the decline he felt as he thought back to his last meeting. In some ways it felt the end of an Era and that change had to come soon, or they were all lost.

"Well there are many kinds of pie," Andros grins as he places his gloves back on and nods to the armor, paying as they leave. "Fruit, meat, spiced. Many kinds of delicious pie." His mouth watered, though his stomach ached for being empty.

Realizing as they made their way to the market that his weapons were gone, the sword and dagger that once were his, even the daggers that he had given to Noella were gone. Other than the armor from Porthos he had little. Though the armorer made swords of distinction they were not blades that he wished to carry, as they walked his thoughts returned to what he might use. The armor was strong, but a powerful enough enemy as Dracula was able to get past his defenses, he would need something. Perhaps the vaults of the Council still maintained some relics that they had used long ago, something there might suffice. Telling Noella of his thoughts wondered how they might get into the vaults, they were guarded but not as well as they once were.

The smell of fresh pies drew his attention as they entered the market. Few citizens were here, other than early rising mothers and wives and other merchants. The sound of his stomach echoed softly between them, as Noella laughed at him Andros pulled off his helm, "may as well enjoy ourselves while we can. If we are on campaign the rations are usually never this good."

Noella removes her helmet and hands her weapon to a royal guard so that she could be allowed access beyond the walls, within the company of the revered Andros. Noella, already known by the council as a night spawn, shows proof of her cleansing by standing in the sunlight, followed by a recomendation by Andros to have her serve under his command. The only prequisite given by the council is for the two of them to complete a service for the kingdom, under said circumstances. The service requires the two knights to take a scroll to a fortress near the northern mountain ranges, the scroll asks for complete surrender of the fortress or threatens annhialation by full force of the kingdom's military. "And remember that Noella's knighthood is at stake, though this is a simple enough task" says Porthos as he hands the scroll to Andros. Andros and Noella are given two horses dressed in blue fabrics, which they mount and ride off toward their destination.

Without a word Noella leads you to the opposite side of the castle, where there is an accessible tunnel, she dismounts and leads you down it as if she had been here plenty of times before. They surface to an inner outdoor area where the not so heavily gaurded vault is. Noella sprints toward a guard and leaps at him, spinning her spear and whirling the double spear head into a straight out horizontal cut. Then, with an unflowing movement that shows off her strength, she moves the spear from the middle of the full swing, after it had connected, very quickly into a stab with the spearheads, piercing into the guard coming on the right side of her. An upward slash to one coming after her from the left, Noella immediately starts spinning the spear with one hand, with a flick, she slashes out again with the added momentum of the spins at the beginning of the enemy's confused attack movement. They were killed quickly enough to not attract attention.

Andros watching in fascination and horror as Noella took out the guards. It was an impressive display, watching her move so lithely in the armor and use the spear in a way that made even Andros jealous. Clapping his hands slightly shrugged his shoulders as he walked up to the door of the vault. "Not bad, very impressive." He started as if a bit nervous about continuing, "if I might, as your senior, make a slight suggestion. We might not want to kill the Council guards, since they do work for us."

As he steps forward the sigil on the vault door glows as he approaches, which is not the usual method of opening the door. Shrugging he stepped up and the door split in the center and a low groaning sounded as the doors opened outwards, the inside dark and shadowy as the inner guardians would prepare. As the doors opened the torches inside lit themselves, some unseen hand or spell working its way down the inner corridor, the guardians still statues within. Shaped beasts, like a Minotaur with great double bladed axes, that were enchanted to watch the treasures from enemies.

Walking in Andros follows the short hall down into the depths, the air within the vault dry and dusty, as if no one has been in for decades. The air was stale and had a that feel of age, and power. The most ancient of artifacts were here, the power that the Knights of the Council had obtained centuries ago when they did the work of the gods and the lands were prosperous. Now, few entered, and those that did were infrequent, as the layers of dust within showed.

The inner room was lined with chests and racks, weapons were set along the walls, in alcoves and on shelves. Trophies of a forgotten age. Swords, shields, helmets. All of them radiated some faint aura of power, or in the case of a few, menace. Andros was unsure what to take, an higher power had touched him in Dracula's Castle and something about it called to him now. Closing his eyes he put out a hand and turned slowly feeling something pull him, following he moved through the room to stop at a tall kite-shield. The bottom pointed and long, it was more triangular than the usual ones the knights used, but it felt right. Sliding his left arm through the loops he performed the same ritual again and this time his hand closed around a long handled mace. The end was covered with spikes that made it look more menacing than it was, almost a priests weapon he put the loop of it around his wrist and picked it up.

"Let's go," he said as Noella stood in the room with him. Her eyes looking around at the weapons, "something about these feels, right. Been awhile since I have used a mace though," swinging it around him in practice smiled at how light it felt compared to the swords he had been carrying recently. "Let's find us something to practice on," he told Noella with a smile a she led the way out again.

"I do apologize for that. I've been inhuman for so long and this is the way that I've dealt with things, I do appreciate you not beating the shit out of me or worse for it". It's a strange feeling for Noella to be in a place like this, whereas before she would feel pain just from being around the various weapons and artifacts. "I find it very odd that these people that supposedly work for you and for the king that you are loyal to, would lift the items from your possession and not grant permission to obtain them". Noella feels no temptations toward keeping any of these weapons for herself, she was through opening herself to supernatural powers, except for her shape shifting spear, but Noella knew of it's origins. The spear was originally an ancient, ceremonial tool of ancient Spain granted it's shape changing powers by a demonic spirit who called herself Azul, Azul was sealed inside of the spear but the spirit inside was terminated long ago. It's shape shifting powers are a mystery. Glad to finally leave that place, Noella rides off on her horse, following Andros.

Nearing the fortress, Andros and Noella are stopped by a very bright flash of light, followed by a glowing orb. Before any words are spoken, Noella dismounts her horse and kneels before the orb, feeling it to be a divine being. The orb speaks in a strong womanly voice "I am the goddess who has intertwined your paths. I need you to do a service for me, this fortress that you are about to go to needs to be destroyed in order to prevent an apocolyptic change in the world, however this change is the Earthly whim of another god, we are forbidden to take actions against each other ourselves and that is why it must be you. But this does not mean to send an army after them, the attention would cause an even bigger war, this calls for a small group or pair even. I know this may seem impossible to you, but I will be there to aid you. Unfortunately, the only aid that I can offer you is non-physical, but have faith in me and you will emerge victorious".

The woods were close such that the scent of them was overpowering. The boles of the trees were wide, between them the underbrush and layers of leaves filled the space, hiding the depression where they watched the open area of the field beyond the woods. There was a wide field around the castle, flat land that was cropped close, even the banks of the streams that ran along the road were shallow to keep anyone from hiding. Approaching the fortress would not be as easy as Andros had thought, considering where it was set he expected the woods to have creeped closer to the walls. Instead it looked as if whomever was in charge was serious in keeping access restricted.

"Did you hear the voice?" Andros asked Noella as they sat hidden in the woods. There were calvary patrols in the fields, but none that entered the woods. As they came here he thought over what the goddess had said.

Without knowing her he knew the voice, knew what it represented. Never hearing a goddess before he just knew, this was one. The voice had a quality about it that made him trust it. The charge of power that had flowed through him since Dracula's castle responded to the voice as well, making Andros wonder if whatever gift he was granted now came from her. As the afternoon deepened, the woods changing from a deep green to purple that he knew would fall to black during the night wondered what was going to be the best method to get to the walls.

Noella waits in the brush with Andros, they both stare at the wide open area that they would have to pass in order to take the fortress, along with the numerous tall archer towers. As if taking a fortress on their own wasn't impossible enough, getting there would prove to be the harder part. Through prayer, the illuminated representation of the goddess appears before Andros "how, I see no way to get to the fortress, let alone to take it with only two soldiers" says Andros. The godess responds "when you die, time will return to a point when you are living" she vanishes after that. Andros looks around in intense thought "it's not such a simple thing to let yourself be killed having faith that you will return" says Andros, looking up, as if the godess were still listening. "Maybe for you" says Noella as her spear morphs into a triangular shield, like the one Andros has, but a little bigger and heavier, hinting that she heard the voice but didn't listen to much of it. Noella walks out into the clearing, ducking behind her shield and stepping toward the fortress.

It takes about 20 paces before Noella is recognized as a threat, in that moment, a tight ring echoes in Noella's ears, her shield catches it's first arrow at about 200 yards. The steel head of the arrow sticks into the shield but doesn't go all the way through. A few more steps and her shield is hit again and again but she is able to keep pushing and does. Nearing the 150 yard mark, Noella has to use the bottom part the shield to pierce into the ground and maintain a sturdy stance, after a moment the arrows are let down but not stopped and Noella keeps pushing forward little by little. The ones in the fortress are confused as to why a single knight would be heading toward them as if she had an army behind her.

Andros watches, thinking Noella still believes she is an indestructible demon, he starts out wanting to help her but knows they will never make it to the castle. Watching the shield take in arrow after arrow she moves forward, putting her shield into the ground the archers slowing their fire as the shield is absorbing the arrows. Noella looks at him from behind the shield, Andros stands hidden in the brush, to rush there would be a death sentence he sees as she hold position in the field.

Shaking his head, "you're just going to get killed." Thinking back to what the goddess says he shrugs, "maybe so, but I am not about to test it now. All you are going to do is reveal where we are," Andros walks back into the brush. Ashamed that he is watching Noella take arrow after arrow, but seeing no way to get in during daylight. The only problem he expects now is that they will raise their guard now that they know someone is nearby.

"Pull back," he calls to her from the woods, pointing back down the road so the men in the castle don't come close to their encampment. "I have an idea, we will need to wait for nightfall."

Noella simply keeps on moving forward and shouts back to you "I understand all of that and we still can, I am going to make it easier for you to have faith. I have already experienced death so many times, it's not such a thing for me. I love you. The words of a truly divine being are always truth. I have had the opportunity to meet some of the gods before I died, I then spat in some of their faces and shouted 'fuck you all'. I will redeem myself to them, I will start by proving to you that I will return but, before I die I'm going to take out as many as I can, join me if you want, otherwise I'll see you shortly".

She keeps moving slowly forward until she is about 40 yards from the fortress. She pauses for a long moment and looks at the big wall of the fortress, sizing it up. Noella then sprints toward the wall as fast as she could. The arrows fire more as the archers wonder why she would come this close with no backup. A spike grows from the shield's center point of gravity as Noella tries with all of her might to break down the wall, only cracking the stone and feeling something harder on the inside "the wall is apparently reinforced, plan B!". Her shield morph into a bow with a hook and fires at the upper edge of the wall, during her 2 second shot she take quite a few arrows but no real damage. She starts climbing, with only enough alloy from the bow to leave her with a buckler. As Noella climbs she is hit with several arrows from both sides, the arrows don't quite pierce through her double plated armor but one arrows hits her just above her hip, the weak part of her armored suit. Noella is shocked by the pain, having never truly felt pain as a demon, she falls to the floor and is pummeled to death by arrows.

Andros opens his eyes to see Noella standing before him, as if he awoke from a dream. Andros and Noella are the only two with memory of the forgotten section of time.

Andros watches in horror as Noella throws herself against the walls of the keep. The arrows piercing her as the archers take aim at her, the onslaught slowing as they wonder how many arrows the warrior maiden can take. As Noella makes it to the crenallation with the archers Andros holds tight to his mace and shield knowing there is nothing he can do. When she falls outside his vision he turns away and holds his head, feeling the word move about him in an odd way as if he was somehow out of touch with it. Like the world moved but he stayed in the same place, Andros blinks, his eyes closing for what seems a long time then he opens them again to hear the breeze sifting through the leaves and Noella standing before him.

"That has to be the most insane thing I have ever seen anyone do," is all he can say looking at her. Body and skin unmarked from the arrows that have disappeared. "I don't know whether to hug you or slap some sense into you," sitting on the edge of the hollow listening outside to the men in the keep on patrol in the fields.

"I understand the goddess is giving us a way to fix our mistakes, but I don't want to go through the pain of death over and over just to see if we can do it," the idea of the gift offered by the gods is interesting to Andros. He is just unsure how much of it he wants to use, "the gods are capricious, I'd fear the time that they decide we no longer need the gift and its all for naught. Just promise you won't throw your life away for something like that again."

Looking around he sniffs the air, "I was going to tell you that the weather should turn tonight. It will get cold tonight, and with the streams there we should get a mist, that will allow us to get into the keep just before dawn when the mist should be thick and the guards almost asleep. The time just before dawn is when men are their tiredest from a night on watch, and if the mist is thick enough we should be able to get in without being seen." Then looking at the place where the armor didn't cover Noella's torso, "or shot."

Noella looks apologetically into your eyes "I only wanted to make it easier for you not to be afraid...but...that...sounds like a much better idea than any that I would think up, my plan of breaking down the wall didn't work, I promise I won't do that again". Noella removes her helm and plops down on the ground in front of you "so what shall we do in the meantime" says Noella.

"That woman in the tavern, the tall one, it would seem that the two of you have a history together, perhaps we should go and enlist, if you think that is wise senior" says Noella. She sighs as she lays back and removes her gloves, boots, and leggings, her face red and sweaty "I don't know how you wear this all day long. I am ready for your orders".

Andros laughs a little and searches through his pack, pulling out a small skin of wine. "Glad I brought this," handing it to Noella, "it should help us pass the time." Sitting back on the ground near Noella watches her undress, "glad you didn't lose all of your appeal when you changed."

With a breeze through a trees the rustle of leaves is all that they hear while the birds call out above them. The normal forest noises descend as they meld into the background, using the sounds as a warning of approach Andros thinks about the keep. "This is not my first siege, or attack, I guess you could say. Unless you are some sort of demon," looking over at Noella as she finishes removing her clothes, "no offense. Then a straight on attack won't help. Besides, unless we are steathly about it all we will do is sound the alarm and end up fighting all the men inside at once."

Pulling off his own armor, leaving on the leather jerkin and breeches, Andros wipes the sweat from his brow. "You get used to the armor after awhile, but never how hot it gets." Taking the water skin and filling his mouth before continuing, "if we wait for the mist tonight then we can sneak in using your grappling hook. That was a great idea and we can use it, so no harm done." Laying next to Noella, "I do thank you for making it easier, but even with this gift the gods give us I would rather use it sparingly, if at all. So lets do this as if we only have one time to get it right. Sound fair?"

Rolling over to face her, a finger tracing the bare part of her stomach, feeling the muscles underneath. "If you want something to pass the time, I have an idea, or two."

"I don't need to be able to read your mind to have an idea of what you mean by that, but I'm afraid we will have to wait on that. I've gotten to know the human male body, pretty closely, during my time as a succubus, and I can tell you that it will severely decrease our chances of success. Let it wait until we are done here and are free t enjoy ourselves in peace, it will be all the more greater" she leans forward and kisses you "I will have some of that wine though, just a drink" Noella lays back with her arms behind her head, the silk suit that she had been wearing underneath it is almost unoticable.

Some time passes and Noella falls into a much deserved sleep. Andros, somehow, finds his way beside her for the nap.

As a light sleeper Andros is used to waking on an as needed basis. While the nap the sun set putting their hiding place into shadow, cooling the air as the forest slumbers and the creatures of the night waken. A chill in the air wakens Andros and he gently nudges Noella while around them the distant calls of the night hunters sound, the cool air makes Andros shiver a moment before taking a swallow of the wine to fortify himself. A small fire in the hollow gives them a weak light, not seem that far outside their hiding space, and the two warriors dress themselves.

In the fields outside the keep the soggy ground grows small tendrils of mist that slowly creep and coalesce into a thicker fog. Around them the sounds become muffled as the air thickens, their sight slowly fading in the grey mists that swirl around. Knowing their direction from the hollow they slowly cross the field wary of when the Keep nears, in a low whisper they make their way to the walls. Above, the crenelations are outlined as men have watchfires on the ramparts, the flames are lurid glows above. The sounds of guards pacing and keeping warm sound above in the odd hushed effect of the mist.

Andros nods as Noella makes her grappling hook again, they wait as the guards pass and slowly move themselves up. The climb interminably slow, or seeming so, as they wait for the guards to pass the rampart before them. As they get up between the guards they know they only have a moment to look about, see that they are between two bastions, and the platform on the wall looks down on the stables below. A short drop, the sounds muffled in the mist, as they hide beside the stables looking across a courtyard where two watch fires glow leaving much of the open space in shadow but with men armed men in mostly leather armor and conical helmets carrying spears and blades.

"Where do you think we should check first?" Andros asks, noting that close by is a storehouse or the smith whose forge seems banked for the night and quiet.

The two knights slip inside of the storehouse undetected. Inside they are mesmerized by the treasure trove of weapons and armor about them, some so shiny that the room glistens a bit in the darkened storehouse. Noella contemplates returning to steal some stuff, then is reminded by Andros the reason that they are here. There is a small slit of broken wood along the lower frames of the storehouse, small but at the right angle to offer a sufficient view of outside. The peephole is made visible by the shifting mists and torchlight as many of the soldiers within the walls line up and salute the entity in charge. Waiting to see more, a figure is vaguely seen through the mists, as it approaches, walking in front of the men, it is revealed to be very large as if two burly men had been clumped together to make this non human being. The big being, covered in thick armor that makes him look even bigger, grunts and points, he speaks few actual words but enough to show that he is both intelligent and that they have been on to the two stealthy knights since before they had arrived. "This is our chance, we could try and reason with that...whatever it is, if not, nothing lost" whispers Noella.

Back
Top Bottom